Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 2367163 times)

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #7850 on: December 10, 2016, 08:17:36 PM »
Made a huge batch of pancakes (gluten free and sugarfree for me - Whole 30/Paleo) for the family tonite and found some sausages in the deep freeze to cook too. It was perfect and satisfying.

Was at a gift exchange thing last night. My mom offered to knit something for me to take since that is her hobby. Cost me $0. Received a gift basket of "practical" items that I'm almost certain were regifted or taken from a stash in the bathroom cupboard.  I was delighted because I hope it didn't cost her much and she was able to get rid of some unused items. The items were: Qtips, a Christmas hand towel, 3 hairbands (my Daughter guessed that she bought a five pack but didn't like these three colours), hair dye (?), soap, hand cream, body scrub (these three were in a gift pack
inside the bigger box she'd assembled everything in).

Husband and I are checking with each other before almost all spending is done right now. So easy to go overboard at Christmas.

Squirrel away

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7851 on: December 11, 2016, 01:55:48 AM »
I was looking at some lovely Christmas wall stickers I saw advertised and then decided against buying any! :)

I've decided not to buy any books in January until I have read the ones I have. I'm making a list on paper later and putting it somewhere so I can cross them off as I read each one.

misshathaway

• Bristles
« Reply #7852 on: December 11, 2016, 02:59:27 AM »
My town decided to put meters in the town center that are minimum $1 and cost $1 an hour. At the same time they are concerned about empty storefronts in the center. Does not compute.

Had to buy a gift certificate to a restaurant in the center for a Xmas gift. It was 21 degrees, but I found a space outside the meter zone and walked.

The center is dead to me. The library and the post office are there, but fortunately I can go to both in a neighboring town. In warmer weather I can walk.
Passed ER second year anniversary

Linda_Norway

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7853 on: December 11, 2016, 04:14:23 AM »
I invested in index fund on the asian marked. They made 2 % profit in a couple of days. Let's continue that way. :-)

frooglepoodle

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7854 on: December 11, 2016, 05:30:00 AM »
Yesterday we made huge batches of caramels and hot cocoa mix for neighbor/coworker gifts. A fair amount of effort, but it was fun and will make a great gift for low cost.

The past few years I've purchased precut wax paper sheets for wrapping the caramels. This year I switched back to cutting my own sheets using a rotary cutter and cutting mat. It was way less of an annoyance than I remembered and cost less than $1 to wrap a quadruple batch of caramels instead of $5 and change per 100 wrappers.

Roasted chicken for dinner last night, simmered the carcass overnight with veggie scraps to make stock. Will make chicken and barley soup for dinner tonight.

Continuing to use the whey from straining homemade yogurt as a buttermilk substitute. I mix it 50/50 with whole milk and so far it has made delightful biscuits, muffins, and coffeecake.
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

Forum journal

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7855 on: December 11, 2016, 06:49:04 AM »
Last night, after a long day of home improvement type work, prepping the fish and tortillas for fish tacos seemed like waaaay too much work. Rather than going to the store to pick up grab and go soup or something like that, I pulled together quick cooking items we had on hand, and made sausage sandwiches. DH then followed up with making leftover tuna cake into a tuna melt. Satisfying dinner for *way* less effort.
My journal: Hiding in the Ferns
Like babies? Have kids? Want to chat about Babies and Pregnancy/Infertility? Group Journal Here.

rachellynn99

• Stubble
« Reply #7856 on: December 11, 2016, 05:26:14 PM »
Today was church. Got up and had eggs ( from our chickens) and home made sausage from a boar my husband got earlier this year.

I assist with the children's program at church and we had all day practice today for the upcoming Christmas play. We had lunch there. Dinner tonight was leftovers from the week. Packed lunch for my husband tomorrow. I'm off until January 9th so I'll be around the house. We didn't spend any money today, minimal gas and prepped a bit for the week.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7857 on: December 11, 2016, 05:58:29 PM »
Made vanilla out of cheap vodka on sale today. I have 3 big canning jars going now.

Made a huge beef stew with 4lbs of stew beef from our freezer beef

Shopped for fruit and veggies at a produce stand

Borrowing current artist cd's from library.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7858 on: December 11, 2016, 08:24:59 PM »
-Lots of meal prep for me working 14's and DH being on nights the next 3 days.

-Had friends over for a meal and hanging out instead of going out to eat. Glad we seem to be reaching an age where this is becoming more typical in our peer group.

-Compared rice methods for our new range for efficiency purposes. We eat rice a lot, so figuring out the most time and energy efficient method will pay off over the years. Plus, sometimes your electrical engineer husband just wants an excuse to do a lot of math. Whatever keeps the man happy.

-At home workout

-Detailed our house after our 3 day home improvement bender. Money savings because there was a moment when we *seriously* discussed bringing someone in to do a one time cleaning.
Like babies? Have kids? Want to chat about Babies and Pregnancy/Infertility? Group Journal Here.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7859 on: December 11, 2016, 09:03:09 PM »
Bought a work dress on eBay for $17. It's identical to one I already own, just a different colour.

10dollarsatatime

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7860 on: December 11, 2016, 09:41:18 PM »
Found five 8oz bags of Walnuts on clearance for 25 cents each.  Their best buy date was the day I bought them.  Divided them out into small foodsaver bags and vacuum sealed them.  They'll last ages in the freezer.
I have a journal! $10 at a time
And a Kitchen Renovation thread! Kitchen Reno

Linda_Norway

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7861 on: December 12, 2016, 05:49:12 AM »
Just printed out an online bought pattern that my husband is going to use to sew me a nice blazer from some left over cloth we have at home.

Erma

• Bristles
« Reply #7862 on: December 12, 2016, 07:00:54 AM »
When we moved here, we got a chocolate with a voucher for a bag filled with things at the local store. Today I was at the store to get this bag, it was filled with an orange soft drink, a pack of noodles, two different packs of sweets, one box of cornflakes and a lot of tissues. I think we can use all of these things.

misshathaway

• Bristles
« Reply #7863 on: December 12, 2016, 07:12:59 AM »
Found five 8oz bags of Walnuts on clearance for 25 cents each.  Their best buy date was the day I bought them.  Divided them out into small foodsaver bags and vacuum sealed them.  They'll last ages in the freezer.

What an unbelievable deal. Wegmans had them at 4.99 a pound and I thought that was reason enough to stock up.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7864 on: December 12, 2016, 07:40:24 PM »
Saved $198 (compared with Aus prices) by putting in an Amazon order to be sent to my husband's hotel while he's in the US for work next week.

That time of year again.

This Amazon order saves me 70+ per cent compared with buying my preferred foundation, eyeliner and mascara here in Australia.

CloserToFree

• Bristles
  • 30-sth lawyer (for now), traveler, lover of nature
« Reply #7865 on: December 12, 2016, 07:44:12 PM »
Treated myself to a rest day instead of paying people to pamper me

Thank you for posting this!  I often get caught in the trap of scheduling spa treatments and massages "to help me relax" -- only to find myself more stressed out by schlepping out to an appointment, finding parking, shelling out $100+ (plus tip), etc. I honestly think staying at home and just lazing around on the couch, doing a short yoga program, or taking a long bath would be so much more relaxing.  Next time I'm going to do that instead!

csprof

• Stubble
« Reply #7866 on: December 12, 2016, 08:14:37 PM »
In posting to someone else's thread about cell phone plans, I updated my spreadsheet / living chart blog post comparing cell phone plan costs vs. data used, and realized that I could switch my wife's plan from Cricket's $35/2.5gb to their $30/1GB plan.  (I'm on Fi, but she's got an iPhone).

Switched.  Wahoo!

Unfortunately, I shared this with two of my colleagues who looked blankly at me for being excited about saving $5/month. :p

Hrumph.

Also started leaving cellular data off on my phone unless I want it.  This turns out to have cut my data use about in half, which probably amounts to a whopping $0.15/day.

I'm still going to be happy about it.
--
no-nonsense interest calculators, fast enough for mobile:
https://www.angio.net/finance/calc.html

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7867 on: December 12, 2016, 08:23:30 PM »
Made a simple chicken vegetable soup from bone broth I made yesterday.

Cooked another chicken from the deep freeze.

Started a Christmas puzzle on the table with the kids. We do this every year.

Daughter is making cream cheese mints with the younger kids tonite.

jengod

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7868 on: December 12, 2016, 09:37:43 PM »
* Made chicken fried rice to use up some shredded chicken.
* Canceled a domain renewal, this will save a $15 charge in January
* Sold $30 of clutter on eBay.
Waste is lost profit made visible. #zerowastehome #permaculture

Mustacean

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7869 on: December 12, 2016, 09:50:40 PM »
Signed up for my company sponsored FSA. I elected to withhold $1500 for the year so this should save me $225 in taxes in 2017.

NV Teacher

• Bristles
« Reply #7870 on: December 12, 2016, 09:58:28 PM »
I baked the whole bag of potatoes yesterday.  When they are about 90% baked I turn off the heat and leave them in the oven for another 15-20 minutes to finish cooking.  I like to bake them all at once and I then peel and grate or dice the leftovers to put in the freezer. 

Dicey

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7871 on: December 12, 2016, 11:24:59 PM »
Made vanilla out of cheap vodka on sale today. I have 3 big canning jars going now.
I make vanilla too. I'm lazy though. I split the beans and drop them right into the vodka bottles. Is there an advantage to using canning jars? Last year, someone gave me a bottle of dark rum. I did the same thing with that and it is delicious. Yummy vanilla for the price of a few beans? Yes, please.
I did it! I have a journal!
A Lot Like This
And hell yes, I am still moving confidently in the direction of my dreams...

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7872 on: December 13, 2016, 01:29:30 AM »
I split the beans and drop them right into the vodka bottles. Is there an advantage to using canning jars?

You can use canning jars if you don't want to take a slurp of the vodka before adding the beans <wink>.

It will overflow in the bottle but not in the jar. ☺️

nessness

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7873 on: December 13, 2016, 11:07:39 AM »
I was really tempted to toss my stainless steel pot after accidentally leaving a pot of chili on the stove overnight, resulting in a 1/2" layer of charcoal stuck on the bottom. But after a ton of scrubbing and several rounds of boiling water with baking soda, it's almost as good as new!

Lunasol

• Stubble
« Reply #7874 on: December 13, 2016, 11:09:43 AM »
I tried on cocktail dresses for my work christmas dinner but couldn't find anything that I liked and fit my budget, so I was able to borrow one from my friend :)

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7875 on: December 13, 2016, 11:13:39 AM »
I make vanilla too. I'm lazy though. I split the beans and drop them right into the vodka bottles. Is there an advantage to using canning jars? Last year, someone gave me a bottle of dark rum. I did the same thing with that and it is delicious. Yummy vanilla for the price of a few beans? Yes, please.
Yum!  I never thought about doing it with rum.  We do it with vodka, but I'll have to try rum.

Instead of buying candles to scent the house with a Christmas-y smell, we simmer water with different things in it--cinnamon sticks, orange peels, vanilla, etc.

Felt the urge for something sweet last night, so I made brownies using items on-hand (http://www.jamieoliver.com/news-and-features/features/purely-fruit-sweetened-brownies/).  I had to substitute a combination of cocoa powder and butter for the baking chocolate.  The brownies were perfect with my tea last night, and I had a few for breakfast this morning. 

My DH and I felt like we didn't have anything in house for dinner, but I managed to pull together a pasta dish with a butter-ish sauce (butter, garlic, pasta water) and broccoli.  I made enough for lunch today. 

rachellynn99

• Stubble
« Reply #7876 on: December 13, 2016, 11:33:48 AM »
We are having a Women's Christmas dinner tonight at church, and it's potluck style. Instead of buying something special I made a nice chocolate cake with a peppermint glaze from stuff that I had. Packed my husband lunch today. Fed the kids and my husband breakfast from home before they left. I'm off work until Jan 9th for Winter break, so me and the little one are just hanging out here. Reading Christmas books, lounging around, baking, playing outside etc. My husband needed gas today, which was budgeted and planned for. I've got three bags of "stuff" to go to the Goodwill next time I make it to town.

alewpanda

• Stubble
« Reply #7877 on: December 13, 2016, 11:44:44 AM »
-- Made an end of the year charitable donation this past week
-- sold an unused board game on a facebook buy and sell site
-- Received bread, salt, and wine at a secret sister party (It's a Wonderful Life themed -- I won the prize)
-- Used the rest of my amazon swagbucks credit for a secret sister gift
-- Found a penny and a quarter on the ground while walking the dogs this morning
-- sold a network router on ebay
-- turned down heat a few degrees
-- making egg salad this week for easy, cheap meals and to use up some of the eggs and bread before next weeks travels

Lagom

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7878 on: December 13, 2016, 12:30:01 PM »
Eliminated a $5.99/month recurring iTunes expense today. I had noticed it popping up from time to time over the past few months (my wife and I only recently merged finances), but assumed it was just my wife splurging on a game or app every so often. It was not enough to really set off alarms until I noticed it for the fourth time today and finally connected the dots to realize this was a recurring charge. Turns out my wife had subscribed to the New Yorker quite some time ago and forgotten to cancel. She is not one to comb through the checking transactions and had never noticed. Hooray for another $84/year towards the 'stache!

JLee

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7879 on: December 13, 2016, 03:12:24 PM »
I flew to Calgary last Wednesday (returned yesterday) and when I arrived at the airport, found that my flight had been rescheduled to the previous day and nobody had notified me about it.  The airline found another way to get me there (~6 hours later than originally planned) and a 32 minute phone call with Chase (I booked through Ultimate Rewards) yielded nothing (basically 'you're getting to your final destination so we can't do anything for you').

I complained via Twitter.

Same-day, the airline paid for my dinner.

Today, someone from Chase's travel department called and apologized for the inconvenience, saying Chase accepts full responsibility and my reservation is the one that made them aware of a communication glitch that was not passing airline adjustment notifications through.

She refunded my entire flight cost (points/cash) and gave me another 10,000 UR points for my hassle...so my Twitter complaint was worth $445!

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7880 on: December 13, 2016, 03:23:56 PM »
I flew to Calgary last Wednesday (returned yesterday) and when I arrived at the airport, found that my flight had been rescheduled to the previous day and nobody had notified me about it.  The airline found another way to get me there (~6 hours later than originally planned) and a 32 minute phone call with Chase (I booked through Ultimate Rewards) yielded nothing (basically 'you're getting to your final destination so we can't do anything for you').

Today, someone from Chase's travel department called and apologized for the inconvenience, saying Chase accepts full responsibility and my reservation is the one that made them aware of a communication glitch that was not passing airline adjustment notifications through.

She refunded my entire flight cost (points/cash) and gave me another 10,000 UR points for my hassle...so my Twitter complaint was worth $445!

Excellent!

Gerard

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7881 on: December 13, 2016, 03:29:41 PM »
Made breakfast and lunch of "Everything Left In The Airbnb Fridge". Surprisingly good chicken-onion-mole-sour-cream tacos.
Found a free shuttle bus to the airport.
Put back a paleta when I found out it was $2.17.
Gonna have supper at the airport lounge.
Total expected spend today: $3 for a bus from the airport at the other end.
"I can't believe you're still doing things your way after I explained why my way is better."

Kitsune

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7882 on: December 13, 2016, 05:39:14 PM »
Ordered a replacement stroller wheel (35$) so that we can continue to use the same stroller (which is AMAZING and we love it, barring the broken wheel), instead of buying a new stroller (300+ - replacing the stroller we have would be 480$)

The people at the store we had to go to to order the wheel were very puzzled - "but NO ONE fixes these things! Why not just buy a new one??'. Um, because 445$ difference for a perfectly and impeccably useful piece of plastic???

frooglepoodle

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7883 on: December 13, 2016, 07:55:18 PM »
Meatless dinner (on sale veggies and lentils cooked in the Instant Pot and served over rice) since DH wasn't home.

Accepted hand-me-down play food from a friend whose kiddo has outgrown it. Not sure if it'll be another Christmas gift or if we'll save it for another occasion.

Took kiddo for a long walk and and stopped at the library for coloring and reading new books.

Found a free workout plan to start instead of paying for one.
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

Forum journal

Linda_Norway

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7884 on: December 14, 2016, 12:32:11 AM »
I just ordered a cash return credit card. My husband already has the same card and it gives him 3% back on every internet purchase.  This card let's you choose what kind of return you want. I think I will choose to get back 2% on every purchase. But it seems strange for me to pay for the grocery shopping with a credit card, as I am only used to use my debit card.

misshathaway

• Bristles
« Reply #7885 on: December 14, 2016, 06:38:37 AM »

Inspiring!

Orvell

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7886 on: December 14, 2016, 07:27:31 AM »
Patched my winter boots! So far no melting snow has touched my sock-clad feeties. $5 in fancy glue is wayyy better than a new pair of good boots. \o/
My Journal where I talk about money and writing and art and things.

Just Joe

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7887 on: December 14, 2016, 08:13:11 AM »
We did the standard morning carpool and coffees made at home.

Decided to do a big repair on our other car rather than replacing the whole vehicle. Why replace a whole vehicle when only part of it is broken? I can do the repair myself. Cost = hundreds.

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7888 on: December 14, 2016, 10:33:41 AM »
We did the standard morning carpool and coffees made at home.

Decided to do a big repair on our other car rather than replacing the whole vehicle. Why replace a whole vehicle when only part of it is broken? I can do the repair myself. Cost = hundreds.
That seems like more than a small thing!  Awesome!

I did the usual make tea at home, pack snacks, pack lunch from leftovers.

I've also started make a simple dinner of pasta and frozen vegetables with a butter, garlic, and red pepper flake sauce.  We need to get groceries, but the meal is enough to keep us from getting take-out.  Also, it's helping us eat down the enormous amount of pasta we have stockpiled (whole wheat pasta overload!).

NV Teacher

• Bristles
« Reply #7889 on: December 14, 2016, 01:09:10 PM »
Each year I like to give my students a small gift at the holiday time.  This year I made a booklet with puzzles, mazes, jokes, word searches, and a few how to draw pages.  I printed them at school, added a 25 cent box of glitter crayons, and wrapped them with red bulletin board paper.  Fast, easy, fun, and best of all inexpensive.

Kwill

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7890 on: December 15, 2016, 12:26:38 AM »
Made rice for breakfast this morning and moved some leftover curry from the freezer to the fridge. Between the leftover rice and the curry, my dinner prep is done. I have to run the rice cooker with a transformer, so I plugged in my handheld vacuum that also needs the transformer to charge at the same time.

I put milk and butter and jam and ground coffee in the freezer before leaving on a long trip, so I was able to keep the fridge turned off while I was away. Just got home last night, and it was nice to at least be able to have milk in my coffee this morning, even if I did have to melt it a little.

JHoward

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7891 on: December 15, 2016, 03:52:15 PM »
I have saved a bunch of money on impulse purchases since Thanksgiving by factoring in the "cost" of having to listen to Christmas music playing in the store/restaurant. I wanted to buy a sandwich on the way home from work earlier this week but I could hear "Jingle Bell Rock" playing from outside the door and decided dinner could wait until I got home. I didn't even approach the coffee shop on my way back from a doctor's appointment today because I didn't want to get some stupid Christmas song stuck in my head for the rest of the day. I've been similarly efficient in stores - in and out without any random browsing - because while I already hate the background music in almost every retail setting, having every store playing the same 10 stupid songs makes it just about intolerable.

Since the holidays are also a time for giving thanks, let me express my gratitude to the internet for the fact that despite working a number of crummy jobs on the path to the decent one I have now, none of them were in retail.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7892 on: December 15, 2016, 04:24:55 PM »
Made sure not to park under any trees during our ice storm. Glad I did. Lots of trees down, and a neighbor got their car crunched. Saves hassle and insurance deductibles.

Trying to Christmas shop well ahead of time this year, and wrap ahead of time. Give me a little more time to hunt bargains, and reduce the chance of overcompensating with expensive last minute gifts because of guilt. Wrapping ahead of time means I can find wrapping paper at less expensive places, rather than running out and buying it for a markup at the corner store on christmas eve. *cough* not that I've ever done that or anything...

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7893 on: December 15, 2016, 04:57:07 PM »
... reduce the chance of overcompensating with expensive last minute gifts because of guilt.

You get me!

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7894 on: December 15, 2016, 06:56:32 PM »
... reduce the chance of overcompensating with expensive last minute gifts because of guilt.

You get me!

I'm glad I'm not the only on! Isn't it the WORST? You spend more, and the person appreciates it less, because let's be honest, they're shots in the dark and really not customized to the recipient. I much prefer when I plan and buy early, and I know it's just perfect for them. But gifts really are not my "thing", so it does not come easily to me! Best thing I ever did was starting to keep an evernote of gift ideas throughout the year. For other people AND for me, because when people ask "what do you want?" I never used to have an answer.

PMG

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7895 on: December 15, 2016, 08:48:04 PM »
I am visiting "home" for a few days and staying with my friend.  Tonight I spent $11 on groceries and cooked dinner for her and I with plenty of left overs for both of us.  It's a nice way to say thanks for her hospitality but also saves us both money over eating out. 

Dicey

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7896 on: December 15, 2016, 09:05:52 PM »
I split the beans and drop them right into the vodka bottles. Is there an advantage to using canning jars?

You can use canning jars if you don't want to take a slurp of the vodka before adding the beans <wink>.

It will overflow in the bottle but not in the jar. ☺️
Hmmm, I had to think about this, because I don't actually drink the vodka. I always have 2 Costco 1.75 liter bottles going, so if there's not enough headroom, I must just pour a little off into the older bottle. I go through a lot of the stuff, and it tastes better the longer it steeps, so it's not quite as nuts as it sounds. I'm also happy to note that the cost of vanilla has skyrocketed, but price of the vodka and vanilla beans has remained constant, which is odd, but it happily makes me feel even more frugal. Win!
I did it! I have a journal!
A Lot Like This
And hell yes, I am still moving confidently in the direction of my dreams...

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7897 on: December 16, 2016, 02:21:04 AM »
Received an unexpected $700 payment (a bonus of sorts).

The rest of the team is excited to spend it on Christmas shopping. My (minimal) shopping has been finished for weeks.

Erma

• Bristles
« Reply #7898 on: December 16, 2016, 08:23:38 AM »
Used two gift cards I got at work for my last two birthdays for houshold items. I got all the items on sale, so I could replace some of our old and disgusting things. I would never have shopped there without the gift cards, I think it is much too expensive. I even looked at selling them, but would only hav gotten around 50% of the value in cash.

10dollarsatatime

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7899 on: December 16, 2016, 09:22:23 AM »
The company we get shirts from at work brought us a smoked turkey early this week, with strict instructions that it should be consumed within 5 days.  So yesterday, we all gathered around the table and ate as much of it as we could with crackers, cheese, and mustard.  There was more than half remaining when we couldn't eat anymore.  So last night I shredded it, distributed bags to my present crew, and brought the rest home since it wouldn't last the weekend.  I ended up with 6 cups of meat and a carcass that I threw in the instant pot with assorted veggies for broth.  I think I'll end up with around 14 pints when all is finished.

Grabbing a brother today to make dump runs with trailer loads of the pine tree that fell on my house the day before Thanksgiving.  Saved who knows how much over hiring someone to come break it down and haul it off.  Will still have the trunk and larger branches.  Will offer them up as free firewood.
I have a journal! $10 at a time
And a Kitchen Renovation thread! Kitchen Reno