Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 8020594 times)

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #10850 on: February 22, 2018, 08:48:58 PM »
-Ate leftovers for all three meals
-Traded off childcare with a friend to avoid a $110 camp fee for today
-Took the kids to Target to use birthday gift cards, and used my own gift cards to buy a replacement thermos. This saves money in packed lunches & meals when the kids have tournaments.
-Looked up details on a watch I found when cleaning out my stuff. I think I can get about $200 from it on eBay! That would be huge
-Worked out at home before I started working this morning
-Arranged for a carpool for the kids to soccer practice

Kwill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10851 on: February 23, 2018, 05:02:24 AM »
I returned a pair of shoes I bought last night that were just a bit too tight when I went to put them on this morning. The shop didn't have exactly the same shoes in the next larger size, and the most similar pair was about £13 cheaper. I got more comfortable shoes and saved a little, too, though I was a little disappointed not to be able to find real leather shoes in my size. The last time I bought work shoes in Japan, they ended up being my favourite shoes ever, and I wore them out completely over several years. I got them repaired more than once, but they were never the same after the first repair. I've looked for a replacement in the US and the UK, but I never see the sort of basic, comfortable, low, black pumps that Japan has. Maybe shoe stores wouldn't make as much money if they sold shoes that people were happy to wear every day for years.

I've been travelling for work, and I'm trying very hard this time to keep track of all the relevant receipts. I haven't been perfect at it, but I've done better than the last long trip. It's frustrating that the cheaper places are less prepared to give receipts so that it costs me if I try to save my employer money. But I'm finding that shops have forms and are willing to write out receipts by hand if I ask.

slappy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10852 on: February 23, 2018, 12:11:00 PM »
Returned 3 carts in the pouring rain at Aldi.  $0.75 richer!!

25c for an Aldi cart? Ours cost $1!

Aldi didn't have much choice.  In the US the largest common coin is a 25c.  $1 are generally paper.   

Haha, i'm in the US and I was trying to figure out how paying $1 for an Aldi cart would work.

Rowellen

• Bristles
« Reply #10853 on: February 23, 2018, 02:24:33 PM »
Maybe shoe stores wouldn't make as much money if they sold shoes that people were happy to wear every day for years.

True.

There are shoes sold in chemists in Australia that are designed for comfort. Maybe you have something similar?

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10854 on: February 23, 2018, 03:00:39 PM »
* Cold water wash
* Line-drying
* Cloth diapers
* Eating leftovers

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #10855 on: February 23, 2018, 05:23:39 PM »
-Spent a bunch of time & energy tracking down missing hotel points, and then aggregating those points into my husband's account from mine. End result, five free nights when he's in Singapore visiting his mom. Expected savings of ~$1500
-Leftovers for breakfast & lunch
-I worked from home today, so husband took the electric car
-Defrosted random breads (naan & pita) for pizzas tonight & will use various fridge leftovers to create options. There will definitely be a pesto/grape/chicken pizza as well as red sauce, peppers, & meatballs. Plus, a few cheese for my plain eater.

Jenny Wren

• Pencil Stache
  • Just another dharma bum
« Reply #10856 on: February 23, 2018, 05:53:57 PM »
It's snowing again. I'm so done with winter! Still, managed to find small savings:

- Took the boys to the Y, continuing. They swam for a couple of hours while I attended a yoga class and did some cardio. Finished with a game of ping pong before heading home.  We're paying for the membership, but getting the most out of it. Third visit this week. At this rate, the membership will cost less than $1 a visit, and it's replacing so many things we were doing that cost money.

- All three of us showered at the Y, which means we didn't use electricity/hot water/soap at home.

- Brought snacks and didn't get anything at the gym cafe.

- Stopped by Fred Meyer on the way home and picked up the Friday freebie (a Luna bar!), and only the Friday freebie.

- Chose a free prime movie for family movie night. Friday's we enjoy frozen pizza and a movie. It's special since it's the only time we really eat junk food :D Plus, frozen pizza is cheaper than delivery and I enjoy the evening off from cooking.

frontstepdesign

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10857 on: February 23, 2018, 06:52:59 PM »
  • Found a couple of premium grocery items in the scratch-n-dent carts, marked <50%.
  • Cooked leftovers into chili, and DH thought of getting restaurant tortilla chips - they threw in guac, pico, and salsa for the cost of a premium bag of chips from the grocery store.
  • My corporate employer gives presents for 5 year anniversary - I chose the 18w solar panel kit.  Super excited about playing with it.
  • I've been wanting a proper teapot, to get more cups out of each teabag - today we found a lovely handmade pottery set at a junktique place for <$20, including little mugs that will work well for setting a buffet.

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #10858 on: February 23, 2018, 07:55:11 PM »
Made a big batch of hamhocks and beans. It's the cheapest tasty food I know. :)

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #10859 on: February 23, 2018, 11:10:33 PM »
Used the Bountiful Baskets fruit/veg co-op for the first time in a few years - I should estimate the store price for what I got, but at a glance it seems pretty good.  Might use it every other week because it supplies more fruit than we usually eat in a week.

Picked up remaining grocery items for the week at Natural Grocer redeeming a $5 credit that was only good today and tomorrow

Combined two leftover soups for dinner tonight.  One of the soups was made of leftover roast lamb and veggies, so twice-baked leftovers?

Teleworked the last two days, so no commuting to the office.

Babying along some vegetable seedling to plant out in several weeks.

It's hard to qualify this as saving money, but I ordered a SoloShot robot camera tonight after waiting quite a long time for it to come out, and then for bugs to get worked out, etc.  Today they announced a significant price drop, and some free accessories if purchase this weekend.  I think it will be a good investment in my training, as I get a lot out of video-taping my rides with a stationary camera, but miss a lot of detail this robot cam will be able to pick up.  So if I can get the value of at least riding lessons out of it over its lifetime, it will pay for itself, and I'm glad I waited to buy until the price dropped.

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #10860 on: February 24, 2018, 03:23:59 PM »
Didn't go anywhere or spend a dime today.  Worked outside in my orchard and garden. 

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #10861 on: February 24, 2018, 03:28:25 PM »
-Walked to the grocery store. Only got rained on a little. A couple miles each way, so it was a solid amount of walking.

-Using up some old cabbage in our stir fry tomorrow for work lunches, so didn't need to buy bok choy for the stir fry.

-Liked the tennis shoes I got at costco on sale for $16, so I bought a second pair to hoard for when this pair dies. Easily as comfortable as the normally $85, got for $50 off 6pm shoes I got a couple months ago.

-Picked up some books at a free little library. They had the first 3 in a new series.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #10862 on: February 24, 2018, 04:30:09 PM »
-Arranged for a carpool to a soccer tournament. I drove to the earlier game. My friend is driving to the evening game. Two advantages - saving time & travel costs, + my husband & I are going to use the bonus solo time to open up a bottle of wine & have an at home date night. I also drove our electric car both ways to the tournament (60 miles round trip)
-Packed food for the kids for a "brunch" so they wouldn't be tempted by all of the junk at the tournament
-Used the last of our Costco gift card to buy the remaining February groceries. My husband actually bought quite a bit of gardening spring yard stuff, so we could have gotten another couple of weeks out of the groceries. But, it covered February.
-Found a pita in the freezer & turned it into a grilled cheese for myself on the road to soccer.

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10863 on: February 24, 2018, 11:15:25 PM »
* stayed home all day

* currently making bread with home-ground whole-wheat flour

* cloth diapers

* line drying

* played board games and read books to the kids

* fixed the coffee grinder myself thanks to google-fu powers

* homemade coffee, homemade yogurt, homemade family breakfast, whole roasted chicken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #10864 on: February 25, 2018, 12:07:34 AM »
Declined an invitation to meet friends out for dinner and joined them for drinks afterward instead. Still had a fantastic visit and saved the cost (and extra calories) of restaurant food. I kept it to one drink only.

Kwill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10865 on: February 25, 2018, 01:17:18 AM »
Maybe shoe stores wouldn't make as much money if they sold shoes that people were happy to wear every day for years.

True.

There are shoes sold in chemists in Australia that are designed for comfort. Maybe you have something similar?

Maybe. In the States, I've tried shoe stores, department stores, and outlet stores, and I've tried brands that are marketed for comfort. The trick for me has been finding something that's both comfortable and classic enough to wear daily. It seems like I may be going to Japan for work about once a year, so it should be good if I remember to replace shoes then. Japanese workplaces have more of a uniform expectation for what women will wear, especially early in their careers, so most shops will have nearly identical shoes that just vary slightly in the material, insole, shape of toe, and height of heel. Like this: https://job.career-tasu.jp/2018/features/woman/suits/

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #10866 on: February 25, 2018, 03:40:43 AM »

True.

Maybe. In the States, I've tried shoe stores, department stores, and outlet stores, and I've tried brands that are marketed for comfort. The trick for me has been finding something that's both comfortable and classic enough to wear daily. It seems like I may be going to Japan for work about once a year, so it should be good if I remember to replace shoes then. Japanese workplaces have more of a uniform expectation for what women will wear, especially early in their careers, so most shops will have nearly identical shoes that just vary slightly in the material, insole, shape of toe, and height of heel. Like this: https://job.career-tasu.jp/2018/features/woman/suits/

Hi Kwill. If you had a pair of particular Japanese shoes and liked them, could you order them online and have them shipped?   

Kwill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10867 on: February 25, 2018, 11:22:50 AM »
Hi Kwill. If you had a pair of particular Japanese shoes and liked them, could you order them online and have them shipped?

The ones I liked so much were just from an ordinary department store about nine years ago, and at this point I don't know the brand. In theory, though, probably yes I could get something similar via Rakuten. I've never used Rakuten, but it seems to be the main source for buying Japanese things other than books from overseas. Anyway, hopefully these will last me a while.

Today I improvised breakfast from the freezer, rode my bicycle to church, and also made it to the supermarket to restock before it closed. I ate out for lunch but the plan now is to make dinner and pack lunch for tomorrow.

mountain mustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10868 on: February 25, 2018, 11:33:00 AM »
- I pulled things from the depths of the freezer to make meals for the week, instead of grocery shopping
- I found 4 books that I haven't read that I purchased last year, instead of buying a new book on Amazon (bad habit)
- I did a deep cleaning of the house, which I feel saves me money(time) because I can find everything I need during a busy week!

NV Teacher

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10869 on: February 25, 2018, 12:16:07 PM »
I am finishing up lion king costumes for our school play.  We have very little money so the costumes are mostly made out of whatever was donated by parents, community members, and other teachers.  So far I’ve used old curtains, scraps of fabric, a shower curtain, plastic table clothes, and my best find which is a roll of bailing twine.  All told I’ve got costumes for 42 kids and spent less than $150.  And I’m going to toot my own horn and say they look damn good.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #10870 on: February 25, 2018, 01:55:03 PM »
Bought 2 pairs of running shoes. One for $35 and one for just $10(!).

I figure even if they fall apart after 4-5 months it's better than spending $170-$200 on one pair that lasts 6-8 months.

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10871 on: February 25, 2018, 09:17:47 PM »
I had a PB&J for dinner while meal prepping for the week. 
I meal prepped for the week without having to go to the grocery store.  Money win and time win!
Went for a bike ride with a friend.  Social time without spending any money.
Made dessert for myself with a frozen fruit, yogurt, and milk.  YUM!
Walked to my morning workout class.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10872 on: February 26, 2018, 12:15:19 AM »
Following up an unpaid invoice for a $1800 freelance gig.

The process so far:

- Send invoice (November)
- Send invoice again (December)
- Send invoice again (January)
- Call the person who commissioned the work
- Send invoice again (February)
- Receive email instructing me to set myself up as a vendor in their system
- Complete vendor registration
- Forward vendor ID number to my contact and request purchase order, as per instructions
- Receive email from my contact to payroll asking what he is supposed to do
- Receive email from payroll saying I don't need a purchase number, just need to submit invoice
- Receive invoice from payroll saying they have received invoice but I need to register as a vendor
- Send vendor ID number and invoices (again)

The upside is I'm finally in their system, and should be paid at some point ... this year ... maybe.

Spoke too soon.

They rejected the invoices because I don’t have a purchase number. Except, you know, I do.

I re-sent everything again but seriously, their payables department can eat a bag of dicks.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10873 on: February 26, 2018, 12:55:49 AM »
Bought 2 pairs of running shoes. One for $35 and one for just $10(!).

I figure even if they fall apart after 4-5 months it's better than spending $170-$200 on one pair that lasts 6-8 months.

It’s the mileage that matters, not the months. :P

coachfrigo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10874 on: February 26, 2018, 06:05:15 AM »
Called Geico to inform them that I do own a share in BRK-B. Proceeded to give me a discount for it. Oddly enough, as I've seen others say, they never even confirmed.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #10875 on: February 26, 2018, 07:17:36 AM »
- I pulled things from the depths of the freezer to make meals for the week, instead of grocery shopping
- I found 4 books that I haven't read that I purchased last year, instead of buying a new book on Amazon (bad habit)
- I did a deep cleaning of the house, which I feel saves me money(time) because I can find everything I need during a busy week!

I completely agree with that one. It's also the same idea for why I maintain, one of the most important things I do every day to save money, is getting enough sleep! It lets me be clear headed, organized, resist temptation, and be more creative with my money savings. It also reduces my risk of future health problems. It keeps me from indulging too much in late night vices, too: too much snacking, "just one more drink", and so on.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #10876 on: February 26, 2018, 07:45:01 AM »
-Carpooled to second day of soccer tournament. Friend took the kids to the morning game, so I could work out & clean the house
-I drove soccer players to the finals in our electric car, saving on gas. Packed snacks & water to avoid the food at the tournament.
-Didn't expect the kids to make the finals, so our dinner plans were our standard longer Sunday cooking. Swapped that for something DH could make while I took the kids to soccer. Avoided wasting the defrosted meat & came back from the game to a hot dinner. Lovely.
-Kids were invited to play up a division, so I suppose free entertainment, as you normally pay quite a bit for these tournaments.
-Volunteering for a field trip today. Never done it before, & it's the last one ever. (My youngest is in 5th grade, which is the age these things stop). Won't save me money, but my company allows for 16 hours of volunteering time. When I log the volunteering time, they will donate money to the non-profit I volunteered for. So, it will be a bit of a scramble at work today, but a nice thing, my son is SO excited, and I raise money for the  school.

frooglepoodle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10877 on: February 26, 2018, 08:23:06 AM »
- Made stock from a chicken carcass and veggie scraps.
- Cleaning the kitchen with primarily citrus vinegar, baking soda, and elbow grease.
- Cleaned our stainless pour over coffee cone by boiling it in vinegar and water. Saving the mixture for mopping the floors later.
- Couldn't figure out what to make my son for lunch other than mac & cheese, but wanted something healthier. Did some digging and decided on quesadillas with lentil-walnut taco filling I found in the freezer.
- DH increased his 401(k) withholding by 1%. We're a long way from maxing it out, but bit by bit we'll get there!

csprof

• Stubble
« Reply #10878 on: February 26, 2018, 01:04:48 PM »
It's 52F out and sunny.  Replaced the dead tube in my bike, pumped up the tires on bike and trailer -- it's close enough to springtime to pick my kid up from kindergarten on bike.  (Fingers crossed that there's nothing wrong with my bike after a long winter in the garage that I missed. :-).  Thanks to this thread for the reminder to do so.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10879 on: February 26, 2018, 02:45:22 PM »
Made a meatloaf that will give us two dinners and then leftovers will be frozen to throw into spaghetti sauce later on. Then out of that raw meat we made 19 meat balls. We vac packed them and froze them in several packages for a later date. Made a white bean soup this week and there were left overs so I vac packed 3 pouches of that too.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10880 on: February 26, 2018, 02:59:01 PM »
I restrung my clothes line with the old cord.

It really does need to be replaced, but I can probably get another month or two out of it now that it's been tightened.

Jenny Wren

• Pencil Stache
  • Just another dharma bum
« Reply #10881 on: February 26, 2018, 06:28:21 PM »
-Switching both car insurance and home insurance to a new company. Don't know why I put off calling for rates, since we'll be saving several hundred a year now for basically the same coverage.

-Showered at the gym, using their hot water and electricity!

- Treated the myself and the spouse to free coffee using a hoarded gift card.

- Borrowed a book I've been wanting to read from my professor. The library had one copy, which is like two weeks overdue so I'm not sure if my hold would ever come in! (Charles Darwin Voyaging by Janet Brown, for other book nerds on here.)

- Free dinner for the family. The grocery store occasionally throws out freebies on their app. A few weeks ago it was the new "healthy" Campbell's soup line. Mom didn't want her freebie due to sodium concerns, so two cans for my crew. Fleshing it out with a bit of frozen broth and veggies. Scored free Hawaiian rolls via one of those receipt coupons, so all of dinner is free and almost no effort.

- Free running shoes! Neighbor asked me my size, which is the same as hers. She offered me a pair she had that she couldn't wear because they pinched her feet. Fit my narrow feet perfectly. It's all even, we load them up with garden veggies all summer and swap other neighborly things. Social capital! :)

Bonus:

* not saving money but time. Got a jury duty summons. Found out I am relieved of duty because it conflicts with my class schedule. I know, I know, civic duty, etc, etc....but I'm still happy I don't have to do it. Sitting in a jury pool for two weeks -- and longer if I get chosen -- isn't my idea of fun.

halftimer

• Stubble
« Reply #10882 on: February 26, 2018, 08:00:33 PM »
Haircut at home this weekend, free muffin at work today, saved on bus fare by walking, and have been using up pantry items for the last week. Loving that bread recipe up thread - I'm going to have to try that!

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10883 on: February 27, 2018, 01:06:32 AM »
Oh, you just reminded me @halftimer, I cut my hair over the weekend, too.

(I just checked Netbank - haven't had a professional cut since November 2016. My hair is probably healthier than ever - now I just trim the ends as needed instead of putting off hair appointments.)

middo

• Handlebar Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #10884 on: February 27, 2018, 01:32:18 AM »
It's funny, I've onle ever had my hair cut professionally twice in my life and hated the experience each time.

I cut it muself with clippers unless the wife gets to me first.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10885 on: February 27, 2018, 01:36:56 AM »
It's funny, I've onle ever had my hair cut professionally twice in my life and hated the experience each time.

I cut it muself with clippers unless the wife gets to me first.

I was down to getting it cut professionally once or twice a year and hated it every time.

Wish I had started doing it myself a decade ago. It helps that no-one has told me I look homeless. ;)

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10886 on: February 27, 2018, 12:51:49 PM »

The process so far:

- Forward vendor ID number to my contact and request purchase order, as per instructions
- Receive email from payroll saying I don't need a purchase number, just need to submit invoice
- Receive invoice from payroll saying they have received invoice but I need to register as a vendor

The upside is I'm finally in their system, and should be paid at some point ... this year ... maybe.

Spoke too soon.

They rejected the invoices because I don’t have a purchase number. Except, you know, I do.

I re-sent everything again but seriously, their payables department can eat a bag of dicks.

Update: they haven't paid the invoice, but they have emailed me a customer satisfaction survey.

You can't make this stuff up.

CloserToFree

• Bristles
  • 30-sth lawyer (for now), traveler, lover of nature
« Reply #10887 on: February 27, 2018, 12:54:11 PM »
Emailed my neighborhood listserv letting folks know I was looking for a particular kind of bassinet for our upcoming new arrival and asking if anyone had one to sell/borrow.  (Had already posted in other places with no success.)  Miraculously, a neighbor on my own block texted to let me know she had one and we were welcome to have it!  This thing retails for over $200 and goes for >$100 used on Craigslist, and even though we didn't really *need* it, we really wanted it, and I'm so psyched that we have it now.  It was the last baby item on our list so feeling great to have it checked off.  Can't get anything if you don't ask for it, right? :-)

Also, connected with another neighbor who saw my email and let me know that she's having a baby around the same time as me, so got a new friend in the process!  Win-win.

coachfrigo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10888 on: February 27, 2018, 06:57:29 PM »
Cancelled my extended warranty on my vehicle. No longer underwater on my loan.

Tomorrow, going to inquire about making the switch from AT&T to PureTalk USA. Though, I'll probably have to wait a couple of months, as the termination fees are high.

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10889 on: February 27, 2018, 07:50:12 PM »
* Made homemade chicken noodle soup made with homemade chicken stock, shredded chicken leftover from a whole roast chicken I made this weekend, stray noodles from the pantry, older cherry tomatoes from the fridge, commodity carrots, commodity onions and really expensive salt (that part is chemically ridiculous, I know).

* Drinking expensive wine while I poach a whole snapper in my thrifted fish poacher pan. After we eat Mr. Snapper, I will turn his bones and skin into fish stock for use some other dish.

* I've been looking for a stainless steel roasting pan (I don't trust non-stick and find the coat flakes into my demi-glace) and found one today at Goodwill that was NIB with the roasting rack and "lifters." It was expensive for the thrift shop but 1/4 to 1/3 the price I would pay new, so I brought it home.

* Watered my chives with graywater, fed the grapevine with French press coffee grounds and rinse water.

* Composted, cloth diapered, used homemade red-wine vinegar in a recipe, used homegrown lemons in a recipe, ate homemade yogurt.

* Made $11 reselling an OOP educational DVD that I bought at a library sale for $0.25. Packaged it for shipment in recycled materials, shipping will be covered by Forever Stamps a friend gave me for helping her cleaning out her late mother's house. The profit will go straight into an investment account.

SURVEY: WHAT SHOULD I ROAST FIRST IN MY NEW THRIFTED ROASTING PAN? DUCK? GOOSE? CHICKEN? QUAILS? PHEASANT? (My husband won't eat red meat, although I do make a mean leg of lamb.)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 08:09:03 PM by jengod »

ElleFiji

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10890 on: February 27, 2018, 10:19:22 PM »
Traded ebooks with a friend. Made a tasty dinner in

Hirondelle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10891 on: February 28, 2018, 12:24:47 AM »
Switched phone plans. Going from 4.50/month (7 if I add internet) to 2.50 that's already including internet :D

LaineyAZ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10892 on: February 28, 2018, 02:20:09 PM »
Scavenged corrugated galvanized steel from neighbor's pile he'd put out on the street for the quarterly big trash pickup.  We'll be using it for a workshop area in the backyard of our little rental house.  Saved approx. $70.

kaypinkHH

• Pencil Stache
    • My first Journal!
« Reply #10893 on: February 28, 2018, 03:03:21 PM »
After weeks of searching for a bedframe and box spring with no one getting back to me on Kijiji, was about to give up and buy them new (on sale). Finally they all got back to me today! Ended up getting a fairly cheap still in bag box spring, and went to the Habitat Restore for a bed frame, haggled the price down from $25 to $10 due to missing casters. Huzzah!

Kwill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10894 on: February 28, 2018, 03:15:57 PM »
I ran out of time to pack a lunch today, and I would have bought lunch at work except that the card machine was out of order today. I would have gone into town to buy lunch and use the ATM, but it was too cold. Peanuts, candy, and cookies/biscuits instead. Saved £3.15.

The bus listed on the sign never showed, and I waited for the next bus for about 10 more minutes in freezing cold but finally realised I would be warmer if I just walked home. I only wish I had walked from the beginning. Saved £1. I was going to go to the supermarket and then take a bus home from there, so going straight home deferred that spending until tomorrow.

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10895 on: February 28, 2018, 03:45:44 PM »
Cancelled my extended warranty on my vehicle. No longer underwater on my loan.

Tomorrow, going to inquire about making the switch from AT&T to PureTalk USA. Though, I'll probably have to wait a couple of months, as the termination fees are high.

Wow - I didn't know it was possible to cancel an extended warranty. Checking into that asap!

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10896 on: February 28, 2018, 03:49:01 PM »
Traded ebooks with a friend. Made a tasty dinner in

@ElleFiji - can you do that if you only have the free kindle from Amazon?

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10897 on: March 01, 2018, 02:21:24 AM »

The process so far:

Spoke too soon.

Update: they haven't paid the invoice, but they have emailed me a customer satisfaction survey.

You can't make this stuff up.

Still going.

Had to resubmit it twice again today.

Got two more customer satisfaction surveys for my trouble.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #10898 on: March 01, 2018, 04:29:43 AM »
I take it you gave them a zero? (And they're lucky to get that too :D !)

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10899 on: March 01, 2018, 04:33:50 AM »
I take it you gave them a zero? (And they're lucky to get that too :D !)

It was a series of: How satisfied are you with...?

[ x ] Very dissatisfied