Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 8020823 times)

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #11200 on: April 25, 2018, 02:13:49 PM »
I scored a 2 month / 2 credit Audible trial with a bonus $10 Amazon gift card. :)

Me too!

*googles* *signs up*  Me three! :-) 

I used the first credit on an audio-exclusive book I've been wanting to hear that normally costs $30.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #11201 on: April 25, 2018, 09:39:53 PM »
Made a batch of homemade corn tortillas and a batch of sangria (using homemade wine) for dad’s birthday gift. He’s in his late 60s and really difficult to buy gifts for (he never wants anything), but these are two of his favorite consumables and e would never make either for himself.

I desperately wanted diner breakfast food for dinner so I got out the food processor, shredded a bunch of potatoes, and made hash browns. They were exactly what I wanted alongside a pile of eggs scrambled with peppers+onions.

Threshkin

• Handlebar Stache
    • My Journal
« Reply #11202 on: April 26, 2018, 03:25:14 PM »
I wanted pizza for dinner in the worst way but instead went home and ate homemade hamburger stroganoff and lemon custard from my fridge. 😀

But but....Pizza is so cheap and easy to make at home!

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11203 on: April 26, 2018, 03:59:02 PM »
Didn't save money but went to Costco and finally cashed my Costco Visa bonus buck check for $581! Then spent almost $200 at Costco. However, I don't spend my bonus bucks, I bring them home and put them in a jug.

Threshkin

• Handlebar Stache
    • My Journal
« Reply #11204 on: April 26, 2018, 04:48:56 PM »
Didn't save money but went to Costco and finally cashed my Costco Visa bonus buck check for $581! Then spent almost $200 at Costco. However, I don't spend my bonus bucks, I bring them home and put them in a jug.

Jug money!  It's the best.  Now take that jug and bury it in the back yard.  20 years later you will still have a better return on your "investment" than most people.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11205 on: April 26, 2018, 07:53:57 PM »
Hahaha, Jug money! Well, this year I turn 65 and in 20 years I will be 85 so I don't think burying a jug with money in it would benefit me!

LOL!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #11206 on: April 26, 2018, 08:46:05 PM »
We've been out of sorts with the meal plan this week (I was gone over the weekend), so I've been scrambling to keep everyone fed. But, made it happen again tonight! Some nights it really does feel like a victory.

-Got up & did a free workout at home this morning
-Free breakfast/lunch at work
-Found leftovers in the freezer, & served that with a salad for dinner
-Ended up being able to cancel a $200 flight for my husband for a trip in June. Turns out he needs to go to the same place as our family event - on a work trip! Yes!

frooglepoodle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11207 on: April 26, 2018, 09:01:32 PM »
Got $16 refunded from an online purchase for taking 2 minutes to send an email requesting a price adjustment.

When making dinner tonight (chicken and white bean soup in the Instant Pot), I made a second batch of the same soup as a freezer meal. Twice the chopping today for a dinner that will only require opening a can of tomatoes and pushing a button one day later in pregnancy!

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11208 on: April 27, 2018, 04:41:02 AM »
Today is King's day in my country, but I've had a really busy week so I'm staying home. I only spent €2 buying the orange pastry we traditionally eat on King's day. I don't support the monarchy, but I fully support orange food!

I've worked a lot of overtime so I didn't eat at home a lot, there's a lot of food in the fridge left that we'll be eating this weekend. I don't think we need to buy more food until Tuesday.

RamonaQ

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #11209 on: April 27, 2018, 07:04:43 AM »
The inner thighs of my favorite pair of jeans are getting super thin.  I tried to buy a new pair but it seems like they have stopped making this particular style.  To tide me over I bought some iron-on patches to reinforce the thin areas.  They seem to be working great!  I'll still need new jeans pretty soon but this is a good temporary solution.

The only drawback is that now I'm thinking back with regret on all the jeans I've discarded that could have been saved this way!

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #11210 on: April 27, 2018, 01:52:17 PM »
After talking with a spendy friend about her fancy Mexican resort vacation plans, I was feeling a bit envious. So husband and I just booked four nights in July at our favorite state park campground in Michigan's upper peninsula. We love camping and already own a good tent and all other equipment, so it cost us $108 to book the campsite and then we'll only have to pay for gas, ice, food/drinks, and firewood. Our site is steps from an inland lake and a short walk from Lake Superior, and we'll be there during the warmest part of the summer (hopefully when the wild blueberries are fruiting).

I cannot wait! My plan for at least two of the afternoons is to anchor our floating chairs in the inland lake and lounge around while sipping cocktails.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #11211 on: April 27, 2018, 05:51:42 PM »
I almost caved & ordered pizza delivery for the kids, as a special request. Instead, went to the grocery store & picked up two frozen pizzas & snacks for way less than delivery. Wasn't the best option, but was better than what almost happened. I'll take it!

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #11212 on: April 27, 2018, 08:47:27 PM »
Last week I spied some items at the feed store on clearance for $70 (retail $149.99).  I knew I could re-sell them on eBay, so I bought two and listed them at $124.99.  One just sold, so that's about a $35 profit after shipping and fees, for about 15 minutes worth of work.

At the feed store again today, and two more of these were still on the clearance table.  Having the first two sold, I scooped them up and should make another $60 selling them on eBay.

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11213 on: April 28, 2018, 02:31:57 PM »
To be determined if it actually saves me money: Sent a message to my utility company today over a $25.00 new install charge. They told me if I transferred by X date there would be no service installation fee, so I did, and I got charged the fee, anyway. This, plus the second half of my utilities deposit, has resulted in a pretty steep bill for May ($185 total), so if I can get them to drop that charge I'll be a happy camper.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #11214 on: April 28, 2018, 03:19:17 PM »
Didn't buy anything at a plant sale today. Instead, got home and posted on Buy Nothing for anyone dividing shade loving perennials. Looks like I'll be getting calla lilies and irises. Still hoping for some hostas, but we'll see. May also try to propagate my hydrangeas from the backyard and see if I can get some out front that way. Free landscaping.

Used up soft bananas as 2-ingredient oatmeal cookies.

Tried a BBQ sauce costco started carrying. Not the best on planet earth, but good price and good ingredients list, so I think it'll be a keeper. Cheaper than what we've been using from trader joe's.

Made our own soy sauce+ sesame roasted almonds from costco almonds. Tasty and save a bunch of $.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11215 on: April 29, 2018, 02:54:22 AM »
Went thrift shopping. Bought 2 meters of lovely fabric for curtains for €14, an small emaille cup for €1 to replace the cup of my thermos flask that was lost, and a small pot with a lid, also emaille, for €1. The pot I use for oatmeal right now doesn't have a lid, so I can't make oatmeal porridge ahead and cover it. From now on I can prepare it in the evening and I'll only have to heat it in the morning which will save me time.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #11216 on: April 29, 2018, 09:37:41 AM »
-Made a food donation at the library & got fines waived. We pay quite a bit in fines throughout the year (kids!), so we're still contributing. I also donated 20 books that have accumulated to the library sale.
-Finished off the rest of a bottle of wine my mom left behind. Not my favorite, but passable.
-Took a bonus kid to soccer warmups yesterday, and exchanged for a ride to today's game for one kiddo. Saves me a lot of time & travel.
-Discovered that my son can bike to a birthday party, vs having me drive both ways.
-Making homemade chicken broth out of some leftovers.

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11217 on: April 29, 2018, 12:02:39 PM »
No-spend day.

I've been looking at lap desks for the past few days so I can put my feet up/lay in bed while I work from home since it's more comfortable than sitting on my high-top pub set (and would probably end up being better for my back, too). Instead, I realized I could use one of the last of the boxes left over from my move. It's much thicker than a lap desk and not quite as comfortable, but it serves the exact same purpose and is free.

I'm going to walk to work tomorrow to save gas/mileage it's less than 1.5 miles as the crow flies so there's no reason not to.

I listed a nice pair of leather sandals on ebay/offerup/facebook so hopefully I can make that sale.

ramengurl

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11218 on: April 29, 2018, 01:18:27 PM »
Yesterday was for me a great savings day, I forced myself to bike to Ramen Festival and on my way I saw the SHEIK holiday parade / festival.  It was epic because basically a whole Avenue is closed off for FREE FOOD and drinks.  And its the best food because its really authentic, so many different drinks, desserts, curry dishes all FREE so I texted my friends and they agreed to change of plans lol.  It was just amazing because you could sense the community and how good vibes this holiday was.  Either way we ended up eating some of the best indian food ever , like ROSE Pistachio icecream omg best ever.  Granted I really wanted to go to Japanese Ramen festival, I realistically know I would have gone crazy and spent at least $30. And even better  I was able to convince everyone to just pregame in my apt hehehe instead which utimately saved me time and bar tab.  And I finally got around to redeeming my Amex reward offer for Google express which was $20 back wyb $60 worth of stuff.  I was able to use my friends Costco membership and buy Forever Stamps and $25 lb of rice (I didn't ever wanna carry).  The extra dollar markup online vs in store was worth not having to lug huge bag of rice on bike home.  Either way saved $20 on stuff i really was gonna buy. And First time users also got a 20% off code, which wasn't working right for me so quick 5 min chat with customer service and they gave me antoher $15 off code.  Which I used to order a ton of Charcoal like 70lb worth for around $16 which I also get free delivery for double whoopee because carrying that home even from store is tough work you have no muscles.  All in all great cost effective Saturday.

Hirondelle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11219 on: April 29, 2018, 01:28:43 PM »
Talked myself out of getting a treat on the train by promising myself some of the black bean brownies that were still in my freezer.

BZB

• Bristles
« Reply #11220 on: April 30, 2018, 05:40:23 AM »
I have spent about $60 total on groceries this month, and have been using up what's in the pantry and freezer. I won't be able to shop again until the second week of May, so I cooked up some things to get through - pancakes, corn muffins, black beans and rice, roasted a frozen turkey I had saved from the post-Thanksgiving sales. I'm out of fresh fruit and veggies, but I have some frozen, so I'll make use of that to round out the meals until the next grocery shop. This weekend I only spent money on a tank of gas and a dinner at a conference out of town. Most meals were provided, and I brought my own coffee for the drive there.

Carrie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #11221 on: April 30, 2018, 08:29:34 AM »
This weekend: free irises from a neighbor  (ask and ye shall receive), friends had a rug they didn't need, I've been looking for a rug, so when they offered I took that baby home! (It's really high quality, so in exchange I'll make something nice for them.) Also made a housewarming gift instead of buying something. DH did some diy repairs - fixed a leaky faucet, replaced bad fluorescents with tube LEDs. We were frugal AF this weekend.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #11222 on: May 03, 2018, 02:54:17 AM »
Combined a trip to my GP with a visit to the library in the same building. Borrowed some interesting books.
Eating lunch from home as usual.

SmartMoves

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • SmartMoves.Life
« Reply #11223 on: May 03, 2018, 04:36:14 AM »
Did a free consultation for a friend. So that saved her money, which made me feel pretty good!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #11224 on: May 03, 2018, 07:26:30 AM »
-Got approved to expense a flight (leaving vacation early to attend a work event).
-Bought an Uber gift card at a slight discount. Earned cash back for purchase. Will be using for multiple upcoming travel events.
-Realized that my internet bill (covered by work) has gone up slightly & I've never adjusted my work allowance. Will save $6/month or something.

Hirondelle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11225 on: May 03, 2018, 09:52:42 AM »
In my country rental prices are strictly regulated so a certain room may never cost more than a certain amount.

However, my landlord claimed my building was a monument, so he could increase the price by €105/month due to extra maintenance costs. However, the building does NOT meet the monument-requirements to back this rental increase and after 6(!) months of fighting over it he finally agreed on giving me a €95 discount PLUS pay me back the money I've paid too much for the past 7 months. YAY. That's almost €700 flowing straight back into my bank account + my living expenses are reduced by 10% now :D

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #11226 on: May 03, 2018, 10:07:36 AM »
-Freebies! Got free calla lillies and irises from a neighbor through Buy Nothing.

-Also getting a wire crate from Buy Nothing. We're getting a puppy in a couple weeks (!!!), so I put out an ask for pet supplies.

-Found an even cheaper option for the coconut water we use in smoothies. We're now at $1.97 per liter. Considering a lot of places have it for $3-4/liter, I'm pretty happy with that!

-Continuing the give and get cycles with neighbors. Watering for a neighbor while they're out of town. He regularly gives us plant starts (raspberries and onions this year). Nice to share hobbies with someone nearby.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #11227 on: May 03, 2018, 10:45:58 AM »
-Freebies! Got free calla lillies and irises from a neighbor through Buy Nothing.

-Also getting a wire crate from Buy Nothing. We're getting a puppy in a couple weeks (!!!), so I put out an ask for pet supplies.

-Found an even cheaper option for the coconut water we use in smoothies. We're now at $1.97 per liter. Considering a lot of places have it for $3-4/liter, I'm pretty happy with that!

-Continuing the give and get cycles with neighbors. Watering for a neighbor while they're out of town. He regularly gives us plant starts (raspberries and onions this year). Nice to share hobbies with someone nearby.

Love this one. We try & give things (outgrown kids stuff) when possible to our neighbors, and have gotten the same from others. It's lovely & creates such a nice sense of community.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #11228 on: May 03, 2018, 05:33:56 PM »

Love this one. We try & give things (outgrown kids stuff) when possible to our neighbors, and have gotten the same from others. It's lovely & creates such a nice sense of community.

I think building community is one of the best Mustachian moves I've ever made =) It regularly pays off big. Our awesome find of a squat rack (paid less for it than it would be worth as scrap metal, and a new one of similar would be nearly $1k... we paid $60) was found online by one of our neighbors who sent it our way.

I've of course given a lot through the same avenues... I do try to keep scales fairly even in a cosmic sense, even if it isn't with specific neighbors =)

-Cut husband's hair
-Got coffee with an acquaintance I'm hoping turns into a friend. Bought a small size drink and didn't buy food. Found free parking.

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #11229 on: May 03, 2018, 06:00:12 PM »
I opened an FSA account at work. It should save me a little bit in taxes. :)

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #11230 on: May 03, 2018, 06:22:04 PM »
-Took advantage of free lemons off of the "free" table at work. They smell incredible!
-Not me, but son was able to bike to/from a carpool for his track meet. I'll repay the favor in a few weeks. Zero transportation costs. Carpooling with kids activities is the only way to survive. Plus,  good for the wallet & environment
-A friend is hosting me for lunch tomorrow. I offered to bring a dish, she declined. I'll bring fresh flowers from our yard.

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11231 on: May 04, 2018, 05:01:50 AM »
• Sold a pair of leather sandals. Was hoping to get $65, got $35 on eBay, but still free money and I’m just happy that it’s one less thing in the house.

Edit: Oh! I did get $65 :-) I was reading an email that said a bid of $30 + 5 shipping and thought that was the sale, but someone did a buy it now and paid the full $65! Sweet!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 05:49:00 AM by lexde »

radram

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #11232 on: May 05, 2018, 07:40:29 AM »
Time will tell, but I think I just scored on a new(to me) car.

Just paid $5,000 for a 2008 Honda Fit with 73,000 miles. It will replace our 2009 Chevy Aveo5 with 130,000 miles. Should get about $1,000 for the Aveo, so we will lose 1 year on the car, but gain 60,000 miles for about $4,000.

The Fit just seems like such a better built car. My first Honda. Manual shift is so firm with no play, engine is silent, steering is so firm with little play. Feels like quite an upgrade.

No complaints on the Aveo. We put 70,000 miles on it with very little repairs. Decided to quit while we were ahead. I can see some repairs will be needed in the next 10,000 miles or so. I think the Radram family is in much better shape.

I was able to negotiate the price down $500 because the AC did not work. I was thinking no big deal, since the Aveo it is replacing does not have air either. I was just going to do without, thinking a new compressor would be around $800 or so installed, but I just looked it up. I can get a knock off for about $125. I will first just see if it takes a charge. Figuring it will just leak out again, I will probably try to replace the compressor before the heat comes.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #11233 on: May 05, 2018, 09:25:51 AM »
-Had a bonus kiddo for dinner, and between other errands, ran out of time for originally planned dinner. Almost had pizza delivered, but remembered we had two backup frozen pizzas. Yes! Doctored up the adult one with toppings. Kids ate the plain cheese.
-Arranged for a ride to yet another soccer game.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11234 on: May 05, 2018, 09:38:53 AM »
The other day the Senior center had a shredding event and we took 13 grocery bags worth of stuff to be shred. It was a free event for seniors! They have it once a year. Today, downtown there is a shredding event for fund raising and it is $10 a small box full! So, we must have saved at least $50! WOO, HOO!!!

Plus, it was good to get rid of tax returns from back in 1989 and forward. I just saved 7 years worth and the rest are gone! Had so much stuff here and there. Now that clutter is kind of under control.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11235 on: May 05, 2018, 11:39:14 AM »
I'm going back to school for a master's degree and I need to finish some prep courses to be able to start in September.

This is my first day of studying in a couple of years and I feel a bit sorry for myself. I need to write an essay and I'm struggling a bit. I was going to allow myself to walk to the grocery store for a frozen pizza both as a cheap, quick comfort food meal and a reason to get away from my desk.

I had already packed my bag when I changed my mind. Instead, I have made cornbread from ingredients I had at home. While the cornbread was in the oven for 20 minutes, I prepared a batch of oatmeal / banana / peanut butter breakfast cupcakes for breakfast this week so I don't have to heat the oven again. Then I did the dishes. There's still time left over to write this post before the cornbread is done.

Walking to the store, buying the pizza and walking back would have taken at least 15 minutes + the risk of buying chocolate or Doritos and then 15 minutes in the oven. My much healthier food took 5 minutes to prepare + 20 minutes in the oven + a bunch of chores done + I'm still getting away from my desk.

Noodle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11236 on: May 05, 2018, 12:40:42 PM »
Many years ago I was gifted a medium-size tube TV, which I have kept in my bedroom for sick-day binge TV. It is time for that TV to go to recycling, so I started looking around for an inexpensive replacement. Then I realized that I am just as happy watching videos on my tablet when I am sick in bed, so there is no need to replace it--or at least I can wait awhile and see if I really miss it. Second thoughts save a lot of money!

Kwill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11237 on: May 05, 2018, 03:53:37 PM »
This morning I threw away a coupon for £1.50 off a £15 grocery shop, but then I realised it didn't expire until tomorrow. I fished it back out and packed it and another coupon and a plastic bag for later. At the supermarket, my items came to £11.99, so I went back and got a whole chicken for £3.65, which I'll use tomorrow or Monday. Glad to have almost 10% off and not get candy or any silly items when trying to get past the minimum.

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11238 on: May 06, 2018, 09:43:25 PM »
Invested in a set of “sprouting lids” for mason jars. I buy seeds and beans in bulk already. Doing sprouts at home saves a couple of dollars a week in groceries.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 11:43:02 PM by jengod »

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #11239 on: May 06, 2018, 09:55:49 PM »
Switched to a phone plan that costs less AND gives me more data.

Cut my own hair on the weekend.

Picked up a winter jacket and some musical toys for the baby via Buy Nothing.

Usual things: bringing lunch and snacks to work, taking public transport, enjoying free or cheap entertainment.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #11240 on: May 07, 2018, 06:51:25 AM »
So glad I asked for items for the puppy we'll be getting soon on Buy Nothing! So far, we've gotten: a wire crate, a pack of puppy pads with only 1 used, a brand new kong teething toy, a collar and leash, a dog sweater, a puppy dental kit, a furminator, and 2 harnesses. And someone just reached out and said they have a wire play pen I can have. All free. Awesome.

Husband and my schedules are staggered this week, so we can both have the more fuel efficient car on our long commute days. This saves about $6 of gas right now.

frost7777

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • ModernNomads
« Reply #11241 on: May 07, 2018, 09:40:50 AM »
I usually don't think of myself as super frugal, but yesterday while doing some yard work and bending some metal rods, the neighbor was chuckling at me and commenting on how frugal I was being.  Now that I think about it, I was being kind of frugal.  But you need to read the back story to see how frugal I was actually being.

18 years ago we bought our first home.  Within a month a co-worker asks if I would like a guest bed.  If I come pick it up, it will save him a trip to the dump.  So we now have a new house and a guest bed.

5 years ago, my son really needs an adult sized bed.  Well we have a perfectly good guest bed, and not many guests, so problem solved.

3 years ago, my wife informs me that we need a new mattress, we've been sleeping on ours for over 16 years.  I protest!  Then we proceed to get a new mattress.

Now I have a perfectly good 16 year old mattress.  After discussing it with my son, he believes that our old mattress is better than his current mattress.  So the mattress that I saved from the dump 15 years prior gets thrown into the garage, and the son is now using our relatively new 16 year old mattress.

I am informed that nobody will accept that nasty old mattress in the garage as a donation, so just take it to the dump.  Well it's a long drive to the dump so that's going to use some gas, and they're going to charge me at least $5.  My solution, attack it with a utility knife, remove all the fabric, then attack it again with the cutting blade on the grinder.  I'm left with a pile of springs.  Bundle everything up into neat little packages using the removed fabric as the wrapping.  1 package put into the garbage can once a week.  After 3 weeks the mattress is gone.  With the exception of 3 rods that ran across the bottom of the mattress to give it support.

Now, I had plans for those 3 rods.  I had recently planted a little pine tree in the front yard.  It was small enough that I was worried the kids, or neighbors would step on it.  Took each rod, stuck it in the ground and bent it over the tree.  Perfect we now have a tree cage.

Also about 3 years ago the vines I had planted along the chain link fence had reached the top, and I thought it would be cool to have an arch of vines to go across the pedestrian gate.  The trees needed to be trimmed anyway, so after completing that job I choose several branches, twisted them together, bent them into an arch and attached them to the gate.  Great I have a natural looking frame for the vines to climb on.

So yesterday, I'm walking around the yard.  The tree cage is getting to small, and the tree branch arch is covered in vines but starting to decay and should be reinforced.  So the three mattress rods are pulled out of the ground, twisted together, carefully weaved through the vines and attached to the gate.  Great, that should keep the arch up for the next 10 years or so.  Those little rods have now served three different purposes for me!

All those words to say "I reused some stuff."

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11242 on: May 07, 2018, 09:47:59 AM »
frpst7777, cool story!

I saw a really great idea today on how someone took a baby crib and converted into a dog crate for a larger dog. It was really nice. They cut off the arched part of the top and bottom head boards then put a lid on it. Then they took the sides and for the front door they cut it in half and put each side on hinges and put a lock on the door front. It was also on wheels. It was low to the ground and looked like an expensive dog crate! Very creative!

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #11243 on: May 07, 2018, 12:31:59 PM »
frost7777 and Roadrunner53, I love both of those repurpose ideas!

Recently I:

~Made a monetary donation Saturday which will help at tax time
~Picked up a penny in the grocery store parking lot
~Continue to utilize leftovers, or freeze them before food goes bad, in order to save on food waste
~Open windows for a cross-breeze to prolong the need to set up the AC unit and/or turn on ceiling fans
~Clipped coupons for next week's grocery trip
~Will pull extra items we have in the house for the camper, instead of buying new supplies whenever possible

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11244 on: May 07, 2018, 01:05:13 PM »
Here is the link to the crib/dog crate. Looks like a lot of work!

https://www.myrepurposedlife.com/repurposed-crib-dog-crate/

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #11245 on: May 07, 2018, 10:39:18 PM »
* Cleaned out the car and added all the loose change to our coin jug. Found a penny on the sidewalk and that went in too.

* Cut open a tube and should get at least four more days of use out of it

MrsTuxedocat

• Bristles
« Reply #11246 on: May 07, 2018, 11:55:33 PM »
-  Had a million errands to do today, so I combined them all in one outing. I also packed snacks and water, so I would not be tempted to purchase food out.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #11247 on: May 08, 2018, 12:10:18 AM »
Making up a big batch of shredded chicken in the slow cooker.

Making purees and finger foods for the baby from scratch. We're almost at the point of not needing purees anymore and he's yet to have even a taste of a shop bought one. Success :-)

Using cloth nappies, as always.

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #11248 on: May 08, 2018, 12:28:12 PM »

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11249 on: May 09, 2018, 08:32:09 AM »
• No spend day yesterday.
• No spend day again today.
• Got a mileage reimbursement check from traveling for work for about $285.00 that I will use to make another student loan payment toward the end of the month.

I have a $15 uber/uber eats credit I have to use before the end of the month so I’m thinking about treating myself to dinner for free tonight or tomorrow, too.