Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 8020966 times)

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #5800 on: March 09, 2016, 09:55:03 AM »
This was last night rather than today, but the only thing that kept me out of a restaurant was the fact that I'd already cooked rice earlier that day, and wanted to eat it while it was still fresh.

RelaxedGal

• Bristles
« Reply #5801 on: March 09, 2016, 10:54:46 AM »
Dealer recommended service sounded fishy, so I politely declined and booked a second opinion at my usual shop.  Took my car in Saturday for a (free) brake inspection.  Explained that the dealer wanted to resurface the rotors and pads due to rust from lack of use, and that the dealer had warned me that it was a safety issue.

My usual shop took her for a test drive, checked her out, and gave her a clean bill of health.  Told me the dealer was scratching for work, and NO ONE resurfaces rotors these days - corroborates what my father, a mechanic of 40 years, told me years ago.  Recommended replacing the rotors and pads when the pads get down to 2mm (currently at 6 in front, 4 in back).

Woo, saved $572! 

Bonus: this reinforced my father's respect for my usual shop.  He's several hundred miles away in Michigan and worries about me.

OmahaSteph

• Pencil Stache
    • Journal: The Slow Lane to FIRE
« Reply #5802 on: March 09, 2016, 12:54:17 PM »

As for what I did today to save:
It's my birthday, and to celebrate ...

HAPPY BELATED!!!!

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5803 on: March 10, 2016, 06:52:12 AM »

HAPPY BELATED!!!!

Thanks Steph!

As for what I did:

We're 3-4 months out from moving again (ughhhhhh), so we're officially in "eat down the stores" phase! I hate moving food. Started with some frozen spaghetti sauce over rice last night. We have SO MUCH fish. Need to spend some pinterest time looking for "salmon that does not taste like salmon" recipes, haha. Most important, though, is that SirB is on board! Now to curb my CostCo habit for all but the essentials...

Kitsune

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5804 on: March 10, 2016, 11:23:58 AM »

HAPPY BELATED!!!!

Thanks Steph!

As for what I did:

We're 3-4 months out from moving again (ughhhhhh), so we're officially in "eat down the stores" phase! I hate moving food. Started with some frozen spaghetti sauce over rice last night. We have SO MUCH fish. Need to spend some pinterest time looking for "salmon that does not taste like salmon" recipes, haha. Most important, though, is that SirB is on board! Now to curb my CostCo habit for all but the essentials...

Paté au saumon. Yummy, leftovers freeze well, and most people enjoy it, especially with a dill sauce.

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5805 on: March 10, 2016, 01:52:52 PM »
When you're carless, some errands require some sort of wheels: Uber, rental, whatever. But my dad's in town this weekend, and he rented a car! So going to get 6 months of kitty litter and other heavy stuff without paying extra for wheels.

Vanguards and Lentils

• Bristles
« Reply #5806 on: March 10, 2016, 10:02:21 PM »
Today I went to a Chase bank to open a new account. I had bought a $300 bonus "coupon" on eBay for a few dollars. The banker mentioned that I was pre-approved for their Sapphire Preferred card, so I signed up for that too, and will receive $550 in points after meeting requirements. So for 15 minutes in the branch, and some shuffling around of money on my own, I will have gotten over $800.

Luckyvik

• Stubble
« Reply #5807 on: March 11, 2016, 04:06:41 AM »
Ate free apple (they were being given away on the way to work). Then ate free work pizza at late afternoon meeting for dinner.

Unfortunately, hubby was hungry and nothing to eat at home so ordered him a pizza for dinner, still saved $15 as would have ordered pizza for me as well if I hadn't eaten. Still, should have some emergency meals in the fridge in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kitsune

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5808 on: March 11, 2016, 07:11:26 AM »
Today I went to a Chase bank to open a new account. I had bought a $300 bonus "coupon" on eBay for a few dollars. The banker mentioned that I was pre-approved for their Sapphire Preferred card, so I signed up for that too, and will receive $550 in points after meeting requirements. So for 15 minutes in the branch, and some shuffling around of money on my own, I will have gotten over $800.

... SCORE.

ohsnap

• Bristles
« Reply #5809 on: March 11, 2016, 08:21:07 AM »
I washed my dog yesterday.  I hate that chore, but I'm cutting trips to the groomer way down this year.  Saved $20.

dandypandys

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5810 on: March 11, 2016, 09:00:41 AM »
changed my old flip phone no data, pay per text incoming and outgoing! grr, and 400 minutes rollover with AT&T =60$ or more, to TING on my husbands plan.. so an extra 12 bucks!
60 to 12!
YEAH

Now i want to attack get my internet bill at home bill down, it is currently 58 with taxes with Brighthouse. The forum search comes up database error or i would search to find what mustachians use for their internet. Anyone in FL got a tip?

hb187

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5811 on: March 11, 2016, 09:23:27 AM »
This is a basic one. So, I'm new to this - I used to buy every meal out. I'd been on a 2-3 week streak of preparing all of my own meals, but I was so spent after my workout (2 hour BJJ class) that I bought breakfast at a corner market yesterday. This morning, I almost did the same thing. But as I was in the shower, I said "hb187, don't be an idiot, you have food at home." So I cooked breakfast and lunch at the same time, packed everything up, and saved at least ten dollars today.

This is the kind of thing I need to do every day, but I'm especially proud because I changed my mind today. I had resigned myself to buying breakfast, and then later thought better of it.

lunahsol

• Stubble
« Reply #5812 on: March 11, 2016, 11:04:32 AM »
After falling off the wagon a tiny bit for the past couple weeks, I am back on track with . . .
- packed homemade lunch for today at the same time last night as I made dinner
- free gym later tonight
- no money spend day
- setting up "budget" for next paycheck (give every dollar a job, etc)

curly1973

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5813 on: March 11, 2016, 12:20:13 PM »
Two actions of note for me:

1.  The coffee grinder stopped working: the motor spun, but the burrs didn't.  "Oh well" I thought, "we've had a good 8 year run, let's see how much it will cost to replace?".  The answer was over $300 Canadian.  this prompted some angst, and a furious web searching - the solution: a $15 replacement part and an hour of my time with the help of a YouTube video.  Problem solved!

2.  Brooks Brothers just had their 30% off sale for corporate members.  I had the virtual shopping cart loaded up with four brand new dress shirts - what a score!  Perhaps I should head over to the outerwear section...what about the sweaters?! But then I paused, walked down to my closet, took a good look at my work wardrobe...and closed the web browser.  I just couldn't justify buy more shirts, another jacket or sweater, and was only doing so because they were on "sale".  Another "savings" of $300 plus - and a feeling of control.  I'm really trying to be a more conscientious consumer, buying only what I need to replace that which has worn out.  While not shopping may be second nature for many on this forum, I am constantly struggling with the demon called Want, but figure that I came out on top this week.

LindseyC

• Stubble
« Reply #5814 on: March 11, 2016, 12:40:19 PM »
I needed some jeans for work so I hit the thrift store and found two pairs for $8 each. Exact same jeans but two different colors, checked the brand when I got home they are $100 jeans new, and the thrift ones look brand new. I also found a great spring/summer bag for $4, which I didn't need but I fell in love with. It's a good brand but the new price is not something I would ever pay for a bag.

Finally found a ton of baby wool for my mom (she is starting a little Etsy shop with my help) and a roll of cotton batting to make a quilt with. All for about $20 total, but it's a huge quantity of wool. 

I have had quite some thrifting luck this week. I also found on a different day some great vintage dishes for dead cheap that I will resale for at least 10x what I paid. :)

Elliot

• Bristles
« Reply #5815 on: March 11, 2016, 01:33:18 PM »
-trimmed own my hair
-called the dog into the shower with me so could both get clean
-reheated some leftover okra for lunch
-hand washed and laid out to air dry all "dry clean only" clothes.
-salvaged the trash bag the mail carrier put over a package to protect it from rain. Free trash bag!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 01:35:15 PM by Elliot »

Kwill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5816 on: March 11, 2016, 02:25:13 PM »
Tonight I went to the supermarket. That's it. That's my small thing. I've been struggling with a bad cold this week and going to bed early, and I've been buying more and more meals out as I ran out of food at home. Tonight I went home and had a snack and a little down time, then walked into town, bought a burrito for dinner, and then went to the supermarket. I just got things for breakfast and some prepared meals that were on sale, but it will save me over the course of the next few days.

OmahaSteph

• Pencil Stache
    • Journal: The Slow Lane to FIRE
« Reply #5817 on: March 11, 2016, 02:37:27 PM »
Tonight I went to the supermarket. That's it. That's my small thing. I've been struggling with a bad cold this week and going to bed early, and I've been buying more and more meals out as I ran out of food at home. Tonight I went home and had a snack and a little down time, then walked into town, bought a burrito for dinner, and then went to the supermarket. I just got things for breakfast and some prepared meals that were on sale, but it will save me over the course of the next few days.

Feel better soon :(

I packed my lunch as usual and threw together chili fixings in the IP this morning (on slow cook) so it'll be ready when we get home tonight. Heading out to get cream cheese for cupcakes I'm making and bringing to DS10's Cub Scout Blue and Gold ceremony tomorrow. I already have all the other ingredients, including blue cupcake wrappers and blue and yellow food coloring and blue sprinkles. (Appetizing to young boys. Adults, not so much! Blue poop anyone???)

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5818 on: March 11, 2016, 02:49:34 PM »
Tonight I went to the supermarket. That's it. That's my small thing. I've been struggling with a bad cold this week and going to bed early, and I've been buying more and more meals out as I ran out of food at home.

I'm in the same boat :-(  Really sick since Tuesday and running out of food at home. I have to work extra late tonight to catch up and meet a work deadline (groan) and then I'm going to drag myself to the grocery store on the way home.

I had a $30 grubhub order ready to go last night when I was running a fever and extra miserable, but I closed the browser window before I ordered it...

Vanguards and Lentils

• Bristles
« Reply #5819 on: March 11, 2016, 06:46:56 PM »
2.  Brooks Brothers just had their 30% off sale for corporate members.  I had the virtual shopping cart loaded up with four brand new dress shirts - what a score!  Perhaps I should head over to the outerwear section...what about the sweaters?! But then I paused, walked down to my closet, took a good look at my work wardrobe...and closed the web browser.  I just couldn't justify buy more shirts, another jacket or sweater, and was only doing so because they were on "sale".  Another "savings" of $300 plus - and a feeling of control.  I'm really trying to be a more conscientious consumer, buying only what I need to replace that which has worn out.  While not shopping may be second nature for many on this forum, I am constantly struggling with the demon called Want, but figure that I came out on top this week.

I had a $30 grubhub order ready to go last night when I was running a fever and extra miserable, but I closed the browser window before I ordered it...

The power of "closing the browser window"! This has helped me many times. I think occasionally indulging in the fantasy might be helpful, counter-intuitive as it may seem.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5820 on: March 11, 2016, 07:03:43 PM »
The power of "closing the browser window"! This has helped me many times. I think occasionally indulging in the fantasy might be helpful, counter-intuitive as it may seem.

For me I think it's that closing the window is so easy (just one click). You go through the whole hassle of signing in, choosing everything, tax, tip, etc., and then you see the price. Hmm. $30? Really? One click to close, and the temptation is gone because I'm certainly not about to waste ANOTHER five minutes on their website re-doing all that...

Bonus: I worked so late that the grocery store was the emptiest I've ever seen it. Only one person in line ahead of me at the register. Considering I've seen this place so packed on a random weekday that the line for the exit/cashier almost reached back to the entrance, this is a very nice thing :-) Good to know it's empty at this time of day for future reference.

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5821 on: March 11, 2016, 09:10:17 PM »
I recognize that spending money isn't saving money. I've been looking for some things for upcoming travels and desperately needing new shoes. I keep putting things in my Amazon cart but not finishing the buy. Today I found what I needed significantly marked down on rei. I only ordered things on my list.  Found high quality for Kmart prices. I'm pretty happy. It was worth waiting.

My "made it to spring break" treat today was homemade iced coffee and homemade peanut butter cookies.

I've lost enough weight in the past 7 weeks that I'm wearing old clothes and greatly reduced my shopping list. Hundreds saved there as so much of my old wardrobe was wearing out and needed replaced.

Luckyvik

• Stubble
« Reply #5822 on: March 11, 2016, 09:28:24 PM »

I've lost enough weight in the past 7 weeks that I'm wearing old clothes and greatly reduced my shopping list. Hundreds saved there as so much of my old wardrobe was wearing out and needed replaced.

Nicely done! I need to do the same!

Luckyvik

• Stubble
« Reply #5823 on: March 11, 2016, 09:29:46 PM »
On another note I made $50 at a taste test today and caught the bus for free there and back ( After the first 8 rides/week I get free rides).

EcoCanuck

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5824 on: March 11, 2016, 10:43:36 PM »
Living in a new part of the world and adjusting to new foods and prices. The wife and I went to the local grocery stores and spent 2 hours browsing through the stores to see what was available locally and at the best price before making any purchases. We brainstormed and saw that we could make 3 of our key/favourite dinner meals (that always make enough for seconds so 6 dinners) at a great price - we even swapped some of the ingredients to better priced alternatives. This should help us trim/maintain our food budget and its mainly healthy.

Best part was having the wife on board and excited about saving more. Same quality of life just with a little bit of research and now some extra savings to improve/maintain quality of life in the future!

Tigerpine

• Bristles
« Reply #5825 on: March 12, 2016, 07:14:17 AM »
I recognize that spending money isn't saving money. I've been looking for some things for upcoming travels and desperately needing new shoes. I keep putting things in my Amazon cart but not finishing the buy. Today I found what I needed significantly marked down on rei. I only ordered things on my list.  Found high quality for Kmart prices. I'm pretty happy. It was worth waiting.

My "made it to spring break" treat today was homemade iced coffee and homemade peanut butter cookies.

Robert Platt Bell has a great saying.

"You can not spend your way to wealth."

His blog:  livingstingy.blogspot.com

ohsnap

• Bristles
« Reply #5826 on: March 12, 2016, 07:42:30 AM »
Yesterday I returned 2 pairs of sandals and got a refund of $89.  One pair was just an impulse buy.  The other pair were Merrill hiking sandals which I thought I really needed and they were a good sale price (less than $60).  But the next day I was at another store and found a pair of Keen hiking sandals for $15 on clearance!  They had been $90 originally. 

So how much longer can I get away with saying that my little thing I did to save $ was to return things I shouldn't have bought anyway? ;)

dandypandys

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5827 on: March 12, 2016, 10:50:44 AM »
I joined Airbnb  yesterday for a NYC and Phili trip. Then after booking the first place realized DUH i could have got 20 bux if i had a friend refer me!!!! So i emailed them and asked if they would let us get the referral after the fact, they said YES and instantly gave my friend and I $20 bux. woooohoooo!
plus i got a free apple, coffee and granola bar at my hubbys bank, he has a cool bank.

Nickels Dimes Quarters

• Stubble
    • Nickels, Dimes & Quarters ~ It All Adds Up
« Reply #5828 on: March 12, 2016, 11:21:35 AM »
Pantry meals today. Using up what was already paid for.

NDQ

CindyBS

• Bristles
« Reply #5829 on: March 12, 2016, 03:15:26 PM »
A local thrift store put out %50 off everything coupons in the local sales' flyers.

Using my super organized kids clothes' needs spreadsheet which spans 5 different sizes and includes everything except underwear and socks , I went and stocked up.  I especially got boys' jeans which get worn out quickly.  Most of the jeans were sized 12, 14, 16 and ended up being between $1-$2 each.

$57 worth of stuff that I got for $29 ish

I then used a target gc I got as a reward from one of my credit cards (paid in full each month!) and shopped while my son had an appointment.  I stocked up on a cereal I like that is $.80 cheaper at Target than the regular store. 

Gerard

• Handlebar Stache
    • Optimacheap
« Reply #5830 on: March 12, 2016, 03:41:46 PM »
The end of my girlfriend's printer's cable got damaged when she dropped her laptop. I was able to use a butter knife to bend the thing back into shape. She saved the cost of a (hard to find old printer) cable, and I got to feel competent with electronics.

Made a really tasty spanakorizo... every single ingredient was on sale this week, or already in the house!

TheFixer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Getting smarter, 1 facepunch at a time
« Reply #5831 on: March 12, 2016, 04:52:03 PM »
Went grocery shopping today, and rather than buy 1lb. of deli ham for $5 (my lunch for a week or so), I bought a spiral sliced ham on sale.  7.5# @$1.49, total of 11.22. At home the ham was sliced off the bone, yielding 5.4 lbs of meat into the frig & freezer, for a cost of 2.10/ lb., and it's better meat than I usually have on a sandwich. The ham hock and all the fatty scraps are going in the Crockpot now with 2lbs of free(gift from aunt's garden) dried beans.  If this all works out, I'll do it again in a few months.

abhe8

• Bristles
« Reply #5832 on: March 12, 2016, 05:29:57 PM »
I bought grocery store gift cards with 20% discount, saving around $40+. My wife and my parents did the same, so total savings: $130.
Where do you buy these? I'd love some!!

Merrie

• Bristles
« Reply #5833 on: March 12, 2016, 06:34:11 PM »
Went grocery shopping today, and rather than buy 1lb. of deli ham for $5 (my lunch for a week or so), I bought a spiral sliced ham on sale.  7.5# @$1.49, total of 11.22. At home the ham was sliced off the bone, yielding 5.4 lbs of meat into the frig & freezer, for a cost of 2.10/ lb., and it's better meat than I usually have on a sandwich. The ham hock and all the fatty scraps are going in the Crockpot now with 2lbs of free(gift from aunt's garden) dried beans.  If this all works out, I'll do it again in a few months.

We do this all the time. When they go on sale for 99 cents a pound, we buy several and put them in the deep freeze. Also recently my husband got a "semi-boneless" ham, which was kind of similar except not sliced. So he had to slice it, but it ended up being even cheaper than the spiral sliced.

Today when I was at work, my husband texted me that the Velcro on our 4-year-old's sneakers was wearing out and she needed new sneakers. I told him I would replace the Velcro. Then after I got home and we determined that I didn't mind replacing the Velcro but I didn't feel like hiking out to the store to get any, we looked around and he found a roll of industrial-strength adhesive-backed Velcro that he'd used to repair the couch. I removed the old Velcro and stuck this stuff on. It was really easy because really only the loop side needed to be replaced, the hook side still seems okay. It is white instead of the gray of the sneakers, but will not be particularly noticeable. This should get us through the next few months until she outgrows the sneakers.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 06:53:18 PM by Merrie »

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5834 on: March 12, 2016, 07:31:32 PM »

Robert Platt Bell has a great saying.

"You can not spend your way to wealth."

His blog:  livingstingy.blogspot.com

Thanks for the link. I haven't read him before.

I'm good at not wanting much but I also often ignore needs.  I'm aiming for balance.

As for money saving today, I did my first grocery shopping since going car free. My relationship with food will be changing again. I found the ethnic spices and got cloves for 1/3 the cost of the store brand.

Kwill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5835 on: March 13, 2016, 07:23:20 AM »
Feel better soon :(

Thank you! I lounged about and took multiple naps yesterday and then felt well enough to go out for an evening dance I'd planned in advance. Took another long nap today after church, and I think I might venture out again.

So my money-saving things today: Made breakfast at home, and ate one of the ready-to-heat meals I had on hand for lunch. I volunteered to join a choir at church, which may not save money per se but will amuse me for free and hopefully help me to feel more at home in my new community. This afternoon, I'm planning to bike down to a free dance practice session with free tea and cookies. I'll probably pick up a few grocery items on the way home.

NewMustachian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5836 on: March 13, 2016, 07:41:13 AM »
Went to the local consignment store to get some emergency t-shirts for my toddler (it's been freakishly warm this week and she's grown out of last summer's clothes).  When I got to the checkout I learned that I had a store credit from some co-signing I had done ages ago, and only paid $2.47 for 2 Gap t-shirts!

Daleth

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5837 on: March 13, 2016, 08:34:48 AM »
This was last week, but we took our toddler twins to the pet store for the first time. They were just as excited as if we'd taken them to the zoo (which they haven't been to yet), but it was FREE and much less tiring for them because it's obviously a much smaller space to walk around. They were THRILLED. Fish! Rats! Guinea pigs! KITTY CATS! DOGS! Omg so exciting for them.

dandypandys

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5838 on: March 13, 2016, 08:52:13 AM »
This was last week, but we took our toddler twins to the pet store for the first time. They were just as excited as if we'd taken them to the zoo (which they haven't been to yet), but it was FREE and much less tiring for them because it's obviously a much smaller space to walk around. They were THRILLED. Fish! Rats! Guinea pigs! KITTY CATS! DOGS! Omg so exciting for them.
aw that is so cute!

i just signed up for a new credit card today- Quicksilver From Capital One. This will give me the 0% transaction fees abroad that i need.. and 50 bux yaaaahhhhhs!  Thanks to this forum for all the tips! Next will be chase sapphire.

kiwigirls

• Stubble
« Reply #5839 on: March 13, 2016, 02:55:57 PM »
We used to do this when our kids were young too.  Great free activity!

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5840 on: March 13, 2016, 04:39:22 PM »
Picked up two bags of OPL (other people's leaves) and used them as free mulch for the empty patch near our house that we are guerrilla gardening out of ugliness.

ohsnap

• Bristles
« Reply #5841 on: March 13, 2016, 06:41:20 PM »
Homemade pizza tonight!  Provolone & mozzarella & romano & peppers & italian sausage & olive oil & canned tomatoes from Costco, plus inexpensive bulk yeast and flour = inexpensive deliciousness. 

Kitsune

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5842 on: March 14, 2016, 07:27:41 AM »
Spent money on a tank of gas this weekend (to visit a relative on her 90th birthday), but, otherwise, no money spent since doing groceries last Tuesday!

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5843 on: March 14, 2016, 08:53:57 AM »
Nabbed some leftover bagels, cream cheese, and lox from a family brunch get together.

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5844 on: March 14, 2016, 11:49:16 AM »
I had a friend come over for brunch.  I made a salad with salmon (from the freezer), 2 pots of tea (sample + stuff I had), defrosted soup (http://www.budgetbytes.com/2014/10/slow-cooker-rosemary-garlic-beef-stew-slow-cooker/), and a vinaigrette. 

I also had a friend come over for dinner.  I made cookies (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/16617/no-bake-cookies-v/ double the amount of cococa powder and use butter instead of margarine), pasta, chicken (from the freezer stash). 

I also made plans to have another brunch date with a friend next weekend.  I think we're going to do flatbreads (use this as a guide http://www.budgetbytes.com/2015/02/caramelized-onion-artichoke-flatbread/). 
Homemade pizza tonight!  Provolone & mozzarella & romano & peppers & italian sausage & olive oil & canned tomatoes from Costco, plus inexpensive bulk yeast and flour = inexpensive deliciousness.
YUM!

Today, I packed my lunch (leftovers), breakfast, and snacks (COOKIES). 

I wanted to thank this board.  Several months back, someone mentioned making their own dressing.  I googled a few recipes, and now I'm hooked.  It's so much cheaper (and tastier) to make my own dressing.  Plus, it saves room in our condiment area of our fridge (We have SO many condiments!!!). 

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5845 on: March 14, 2016, 06:05:27 PM »
I managed to get some clothes I needed at a great discount by combining an online coupon (40% off) and a secondhand gift card on raise.com (30% off). And I resisted buying more stuff than I really needed when I found myself rationalizing that I should buy more to take advantage of the big discount.

Gerard

• Handlebar Stache
    • Optimacheap
« Reply #5846 on: March 14, 2016, 06:23:14 PM »
Got off the plane and realized I'd forgotten my tuque (and it's cold out). But instead of caving and taking a cab home, I walked to the bus stop.

Peanutty

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5847 on: March 15, 2016, 09:33:10 AM »
Sold my husbands old, unused hockey equipment to a consignment sports store. Used the money to buy new potlights at the hardware store to replace our burnt out bulbs.

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5848 on: March 15, 2016, 12:02:02 PM »
Took a survey a while back that netted me a coupon for a free salad in a jar. Used the coupon instead of making a salad for work today.

This afternoon, hubs and I are doing a taste test, which is a free meal each, plus each of us will also get a coupon for a free sandwich or salad.

serpentstooth

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5849 on: March 15, 2016, 12:18:31 PM »
Spent $6.10 on 4 tubes of toothpaste, 2 bottles of bodywash and a gallon of milk at CVS. And I have $2 in ECBs for next week. CVS has very good deals on toothpaste and bodywash this week, and when I did my first transaction a coupon for $2 off any 2 tubes of toothpaste printed, sweetening the deal. If anyone wants to duplicate it, I did two each of the Crest, Colgate and Irish Spring deals. All the coupons are online printables rather than ones that require a newspaper.

http://hip2save.com/2016/03/12/cvs-deals-313-319-2/
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 01:00:41 PM by serpentstooth »