Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 8020748 times)

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #13100 on: July 24, 2019, 09:00:59 AM »
1. I killed my fat little piggy:)
It was so full I had to wiggle the last few coins inside.
So I optimized it - straight into my holiday club account @2.5% - $97~~~ extra savings.

2. This morning I cashed in $50 in rewards points.
$50 extra savings - that holiday club acct may make it to $1K yet - via nothing but bonus pmts, coupons, rewards and little savings here and there.

3. Today - requesting two finance books from another library - ours NEVER has any worthwhile books about money, but for whatever reason the little beach town 25 minutes away has an excellent selection of finance and retirement and general money books.
I always wonder why that is - maybe the snowbirds are all MMMr's who read and donate finance books?

4. Yesterday - resisted the urge to spend $15 on a book.

Then I discovered Amazon has six books by my favorite author that I have not read - she passed away years ago. I'll see if I can get them from the library and if not, maybe get a used copy.
No damn MMM is going to keep me from reading or buying those books if I have to, now that I know they exist:).
Catherine Cookson - UK author.

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13101 on: July 24, 2019, 07:50:20 PM »

* Filled out the Equifax data breach settlement request form for myself and husband. We appear to qualify and if it comes through it’s $125 each. LINK: https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/cases-proceedings/refunds/equifax-data-breach-settlement
* Picked up a free new-to-us houseplant someone left by the dumpster at my sons’ school.
* I seem to have successfully rooted another pineapple top. In two or three years (LOL) this upcycled food-waste will yield a new organic pineapple (about a $5 value).
* Cloth diapered and breastfed the baby. I believe we save about $1-$2 every day we use the cloth diapers instead of disposables.
* Picked slow shipping on Amazon for two $1 each digital credits.
* It’s 80F (27C) today so put a load of laundry on the line to dry. This is a $0.25 savings.
* Reading an ebook I checked out from the library. It would cost between $10 and $13 to buy the same book.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #13102 on: July 25, 2019, 07:01:31 AM »

* Filled out the Equifax data breach settlement request form for myself and husband. We appear to qualify and if it comes through it’s $125 each. LINK: https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/cases-proceedings/refunds/equifax-data-breach-settlement

Oooh thank you for the link! Looks like I should be able to request repayment for paying for credit freezes too?

Things we did:
-Followed up (this has taken MONTHS) with our insurance company and finally got our home owner's policy ACTUALLY cancelled. Sold our house nearly a year ago. Got $147 from that.
-Cancelled insurance from selling our second card. Waiting to get $36 for that, but it was on a cancelled card. So we have to wait for the bank to deny that, then they'll issue a check.
-I've been wanting vegetables, but salads do not appeal right now (why hello pregnancy food aversion, though you were gone). I feel mega guilty running the oven, both from an eco and cost perspective. Well, my BIL+SIL have an air fryer they got for their wedding over a year ago they've never used. So we're borrowing that! Hoping this provides a good option that'll get tasty veggies into me, but use less energy. (Both directly, and via running AC).

Still to do: return two items that didn't work that I recently bought online. That'll be $26 back when I do that. Another $16 if I decide to return another item, although I already threw away packaging =\ TBD.

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13103 on: July 25, 2019, 10:54:15 AM »
Your best guess is as good as mine on the Equifax. My credit has been frozen for years now so I’m just taking the cash and running LOL.

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #13104 on: July 25, 2019, 12:03:37 PM »

Oooh thank you for the link! Looks like I should be able to request repayment for paying for credit freezes too?

Yes, and you can claim the time spent dealing with it as well. Lots of discussion over here: https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/ch9tcj/claims_are_now_being_accepted_for_the_2017/

okisok

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #13105 on: July 25, 2019, 07:06:31 PM »
Did not join in the office group ordering lunch out. It would've been about $12, but I had leftovers that I'd portioned and put in the work fridge. That makes eating free lunch every day this week!
Scraped together a dinner of eggs and cheese slices, since I'm trying to make it to this weekend without buying groceries. Eating down the pantry, fridge, and freezer.

middo

• Handlebar Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #13106 on: July 25, 2019, 09:46:37 PM »
We found a place that sells mushrooms for $4 per kilo rather than the usual supermarket $12 per kilo.  And, we still bought our usual amount of mushrooms rather than spending up big.  But we will be back next week for more.

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13107 on: July 30, 2019, 08:32:50 AM »
Got my library card for my new library system!  For the last month or so, I've been using our old library system, but I have to drive there since we're not close anymore.  New library is easily within biking distance.

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13108 on: July 30, 2019, 09:41:34 AM »
1. Saw the post on My Money Blog giving tips about filing for cash at the Equifax Data Breach Settlement Site.
He laid it out nicely so I filed both for the $125 and extra cash for time spent protecting my credit (I chose the option that does not require supporting documents).
I'll file just for the $125 for Mr. R. later, if the link shows that he was impacted.
$250 plus $50 = $300 - not bad for a few minutes of paperwork.

@Bracken_Joy
Here is the link to the tips
 https://www.mymoneyblog.com/equifax-data-breach-settlement-claim-tips.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Mymoneyblog+%28My+Money+Blog%29

2. ... and thanks to @jengod because I followed up on that link:) only because it reminded me of your post up top.

3. Sunday Mr. R. fixed our printer - saving us at least sixty bucks or more for a replacement.

4. OPTIMIZING - Had a mini money talk with Mr. R. since he paid off his car freeing up $396 mo and I am about to pay off mine freeing up another $256.
Giving us a combined monthly increase in income of $652.
It is good to be totally debt free again:).

5. Made sure I returned three online purchases that did not work out - $75 savings since I decided I do not want replacements.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #13109 on: July 30, 2019, 09:56:34 AM »
Made a big batch of lunches per the Frugalwoods beans and rice template. I mostly followed their recipe last week, and husband was a big fan of both the food and the ease of packing lunches.

This morning, I cooked up a pound of dry chickpeas and mixed them into the onion/garlic/mushroom saute with a 15-oz can of tomato sauce, couple tablespoons of garam masala, a little ginger, handful of chopped cilantro, juice from a lemon, and kosher salt. That all got mixed with cooked brown rice (from 2 cups dry) and portioned out for lunches. We're pretty happy with it and will have cheap, healthy hot lunches for the rest of the week.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13110 on: July 30, 2019, 02:55:21 PM »
Did a whole lot of laundry that I dried outside, including the cleaning cloths. I dry them out after use, then store them in a bucket and was them at the highest possible temperature. Supposedly it's good for the machine to use the hot cycle every now and again. Most of my cleaning cloths are made from old towels.

Tomorrow I will have a sewing day and do some mending - my favourite skirt has a hole in the pocket.

I swept the living room with s broom instead of using the vacuum cleaner. I hate the noise but it also saves electricity.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #13111 on: July 31, 2019, 12:09:56 AM »
Just did the Equifax thing, and emailed it to DH too, so THANK YOU!

This morning - grabbed a big zucchini someone brought into work (I left tomatillos for others).

Got $50 worth of TJ Maxx gift cards from Best Western points earned through work travel.

Got two $10 off $50 coupons from the feed store in today's mail.

On Sunday, went over to the other feed store since it was the last day for a 10% off coupon, and they have the feed one of my horses gets for $8 less per bag than my regular store.  So over $10 off per bag with the discount.  Bought 3 bags, so my cache is good until the end of the year.

"Needed" some capri length tights to make a certain dress work-appropriate.  Persisted in going to several stores until I finally found some at Target for $14, instead of the $28 to $40 options in the mall.  Opted out of paying for a car wash while I was out, and didn't buy anything else.

Trying to use Facebook to sell my old horse trailer before paying for an ad on a website.

lemanfan

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13112 on: July 31, 2019, 03:12:03 AM »
Polished and replaced laces in a pair of shoes instead of chucking them.  The soles are getting thin, but I managed to get the leather looking nice again so I'll wear them until they let water in from below. :)

Rockport shoes are nice and comfy, but I have yet to find a way to resole them. If I could, I would.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #13113 on: July 31, 2019, 07:02:25 AM »
Bought two new-with-tags bras on eBay for slightly less than the retail price of one bra.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #13114 on: July 31, 2019, 09:03:47 AM »
Bought two new-with-tags bras on eBay for slightly less than the retail price of one bra.

Hmm, I should do that.  I was going to buy a new bra because I apparently left my black one in a hotel room a couple months ago.  The most similar one at Kohl's was $40, which is double what I was willing to pay.

fuzzy math

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13115 on: July 31, 2019, 10:31:21 AM »
Ran out of time to make breakfast before work and dreamt of buying eggs from the work cafeteria. Instead I ate some really sad snacks that I keep at work for this very reason.

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #13116 on: July 31, 2019, 11:24:41 AM »
Today's a travel day. I've packed a lot of cheap snacks to resist my usual overpriced junk food spree when I'm on any enclosed space for more than 2 hours.

Hmm, I should do that.  I was going to buy a new bra because I apparently left my black one in a hotel room a couple months ago.  The most similar one at Kohl's was $40, which is double what I was willing to pay.

Sigh. My main non-sports bra is irritating my skin at one junction on the strap. I thought about getting a new one but it'll be over $100 and take a lot of time to find a comfortable option. Doubt eBay will have my size but worth a look.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #13117 on: July 31, 2019, 12:24:14 PM »
Today's a travel day. I've packed a lot of cheap snacks to resist my usual overpriced junk food spree when I'm on any enclosed space for more than 2 hours.

Sigh. My main non-sports bra is irritating my skin at one junction on the strap. I thought about getting a new one but it'll be over $100 and take a lot of time to find a comfortable option. Doubt eBay will have my size but worth a look.

You might be surprised. I need a size 30 band with a large cup (i.e., a size only made by European brands), and I've purchased all of my bras on eBay for at least 5 years now.

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #13118 on: July 31, 2019, 01:10:09 PM »

You might be surprised. I need a size 30 band with a large cup (i.e., a size only made by European brands), and I've purchased all of my bras on eBay for at least 5 years now.

Whoa good to know! That's exactly my problem, 30 band but large cup.

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #13119 on: August 01, 2019, 02:24:47 PM »
I closed a checking account that started charging fees when I stopped getting a paycheck.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13120 on: August 01, 2019, 03:44:59 PM »
- Did some painting around the house today using paint and tools I already had
- Talked to a relative who is offering me some stuff for the garden because they are moving to an apartment
- Had dinner from the freezer
- For lunch, combined some freezer items with things from the fridge that needed to be eaten ASAP

Then, at the end of a long day of housework and DIY I sat down in the sofa with my crochet and a cup of tea and watched Netflix. Not sure if I ever mentioned it, but we share a Netflix account with a sibling. For €6/month we get to see a ton of good films and documentaries. We don't have TV but this way we can still relax and watch something good together for a very low cost. I know screen time is not considered a good thing on MMM but especially during the winter we really like having some virtually free date nights with Netflix, a blanket and a homemade snack.

okisok

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #13121 on: August 02, 2019, 07:36:03 PM »
Put off doing a big grocery shop yet another day. I was trying to get to the end of the month without spending the last $8 in my grocery 'envelope' (column in a spreadsheet). Now we're two days in and will probably put off tomorrow because shops on Saturday are the worst. I've been eating down the freezer and pantry. I haven't gotten to super weird meals yet, but I'm willing to.

I did find $0.29 a pound bananas that were on sale for being overripe. I think the corner store is not used to RIPE bananas, because they were beautiful to me! Nice and yellow, no brown spots, ready to eat. I cut some up and froze for smoothies and have eaten a few for snacks. I should probably go back and get the rest!

I've been more careful lately with my clothes, so that I don't have to wash them as much. I've really noticed the difference in the laundry volume. It probably only saves a few cents of laundry detergent and water, but it's saving me time.

Kwill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13122 on: August 03, 2019, 09:56:10 AM »
Made a big batch of lunches per the Frugalwoods beans and rice template. I mostly followed their recipe last week, and husband was a big fan of both the food and the ease of packing lunches.

That looks good. Thank you for sharing!

I had a coupon for £9 off when you buy £60 of groceries, so I ordered a big grocery delivery, stocking up on pasta and tinned foods and coffee in addition to what I would have gotten for the week. Then today I got several kinds of seeds and plants that were discounted since we're near the end of the planting season. I should still be able to get several months out of the herbs, especially.

Chickadee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #13123 on: August 03, 2019, 10:24:40 AM »
My husband wanted to eat out.. I think we do this out of "boredom" quite a bit.

Instead I made a quick lunch and he spent the time I was in kitchen sprucing our front yard. 

We would have gotten dressed and been out few hours ..and instead we have a tidy yard for the week and a healthy lunch with big salad in our bellies.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13124 on: August 03, 2019, 01:36:06 PM »
I get paid weekly on Tuesdays. It's Saturday night now and I haven't spent a single cent from that money! I'm off from work so I'm staying home, reading, gardening, sewing, DIY'ing, organizing, just generally doing things I don't have time for normally. I'm really enjoying myself, I didn't even have a no-spend week on purpose.

We pay our groceries and bills from a joint account that my wage is not paid into, so I did pay my mortgage on the 1st :) and also spent around €10 in groceries. My s/o is working late shifts this week where he gets free dinner and I'm eating everything we have in the freezer. I only bought some produce, eggs and yoghurt. But there has been 0 discretionary spending so far.

Loretta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #13125 on: August 03, 2019, 05:15:04 PM »
3 is my lucky number today.  I spent over 3 hours and $300 at the Toyota dealership getting my necessary state inspections and my scheduled maintenance done.  I dislike spending a Saturday afternoon waiting around in a dull waiting room but I had a good library book, and when I got home I learned I was able to buy new license plates/registration stickers for a whopping THREE years instead of the two I was trying for.  (You save $ by going for a longer term.  Also totaling about $300.)  I told the dealership no thanks for the costliest stuff they claimed I needed like a brake fluid flush and a throttle body cleaning. I can take care of that elsewhere for cheaper before winter if it’s even really necessary.  I did have a coupon mailer that saved me $30. 

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13126 on: August 03, 2019, 08:24:36 PM »
6. Changing our home owner's insurance - don't know final savings yet, but it will be around $200-250.

We passed the home inspection!
Final premium savings turned out to be $650+ in annual insurance premium.
Even better we are now out of the insurance pool, with an established, financially secure company, plus the coverage is also slightly better.
Liability coverage incr from 100 to 300K. Property insurance remained the same and the deductible dropped down to $1K.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 05:58:43 AM by Rosy »

okisok

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #13127 on: August 03, 2019, 08:32:10 PM »
Walked to a work meeting instead of driving.
Broke down and did the big grocery shop with an exact list for the two stores that are within a half mile of each other. Checked my Ibotta and Shopkick apps, printed a few coupons from Swagbucks too. I saved a grand total of $1.40 from these preparations, but saved a lot by sticking to the list!

littlelykke

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #13128 on: August 05, 2019, 02:35:37 PM »
Made bruschetta for dinner, from an old, stale leftover ciabatta and the tomatoes that we harvested from our own garden. The tomatoes came from the plants, that my father had leftover and gave to us. So a practically free meal today. It's the little things :P

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13129 on: August 06, 2019, 01:00:46 AM »
I did something really smelly today: we bought garlic and to preserve it I peeled all the garlic and put the cloves in a jar filled with olive oil.

middo

• Handlebar Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #13130 on: August 06, 2019, 04:44:52 PM »
I did something really smelly today: we bought garlic and to preserve it I peeled all the garlic and put the cloves in a jar filled with olive oil.

That is good smelly!

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13131 on: August 10, 2019, 03:59:39 PM »

That is good smelly!

It took a few days until the smell was gone from my kitchen though! But I've already used the garlic several times.

My no discretionary spending is still going well! I returned from my holiday on July 30 and was still off from work for the past 2 weeks. While I did buy some (frugal) groceries from our joint account, I have not spent any money except for buying some VWRL earlier this week when the price was down 2 days in a row.

I'll be back to work after the weekend so I'll have to pay bus tickets etc but I'm really going to try to keep the discretionary spending down for a while. A big part of my spending is unhealthy food when I'm stressed out and I hope to keep the stress levels down when I'm back at work.

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #13132 on: August 10, 2019, 04:13:58 PM »
Stayed home all day and made dinner mostly from the garden. 

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #13133 on: August 10, 2019, 04:43:39 PM »

That is good smelly!

It took a few days until the smell was gone from my kitchen though! But I've already used the garlic several times.

Maybe you already know this, but botulism is a real risk if you are putting raw garlic in olive oil.  http://ucfoodsafety.ucdavis.edu/files/250352.pdf

http://theolivepress.com/news-blog/be-aware-of-the-risks-of-botulism-with-homemade-garlic-infused-oil#.XU9IXehKiUk

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13134 on: August 10, 2019, 06:04:35 PM »
*Pre-ordered groceries for pickup. I love the time this service saves me and also love that there’s no impulse buys.

*Soaked kidney beans over night and then cooked them up in the IP

*Made 2 loaves of bread

*Eating down the freezer. Thawing a 20 lb turkey in the fridge for the next few days.

*Eating crockpot steel cut oats daily

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13135 on: August 10, 2019, 07:49:24 PM »
My 2yo “helped” by picking all our green tomatoes so I sliced them and put them in a brine to lactoferment.

FrugalAussie

• Stubble
« Reply #13136 on: August 11, 2019, 01:53:48 AM »
I’ve put on 9kg is the last 7 months and have finally conceded that I need to go up a dress size as I’m literally bursting out of my clothes.  With the help of my Buy Nothing group, a search through all my stashed clothes, some repairs to clothes I already had and a trip to the op shops, I’ve managed to piece together enough work outfits to see me through to Summer and a holiday wardrobe for our trip to Greece in late  September for only $23. I’m really hoping I can stop the gain, stabilise my weight and then drop the extra kilos.  I’m about 20 kg overweight and very worried about the impact on my health and longevity.  The stress of my new job could be killing me!

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13137 on: August 11, 2019, 02:34:19 AM »

That is good smelly!

Maybe you already know this, but botulism is a real risk if you are putting raw garlic in olive oil.  http://ucfoodsafety.ucdavis.edu/files/250352.pdf

http://theolivepress.com/news-blog/be-aware-of-the-risks-of-botulism-with-homemade-garlic-infused-oil#.XU9IXehKiUk

Thanks for your concern and the useful links! As a home canner botulism is always in the back of my mind somewhere but honestly I thought with garlic just adding lemon juice and keeping the jar would be good enough, but it seems it isn't. In one of the links there's a recipe using citric acid that I will use from now on.

I've preserved garlic this way for years and nothing has ever happened, but that's the whole thing with botulism of course: it's extremely rare but extremely dangerous when it does happen.

Chaplin

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13138 on: August 11, 2019, 11:51:48 PM »
Almost bought a new bicycle floor pump as the hose on my 20-year-old one was cracked and leaking. I looked for a new hose at one bike shop and it was $33, which is more than half the cost of new pump. I found one at another store for $13 and my pump works again.

I was also able to avoid buying a new compact bike pump, the kind you carry with you, by doing a little googling to figure out the problem I was having with it.

I have our electricity on equal monthly payments. When we moved in to this place a year ago the payment was based on the previous owner's history - $245/mo. Six months in our rate was reduced to $220, and now after a full year it's down to $195/mo. The previous owners must have been spendy - we charge an EV and they weren't, but we're using considerably less electricity. And, now that we've been here a year, we signed up for a 10% reduction challenge. If we reduce our consumption by 10% compared the previous 12 months, we get a $50 bonus. The 10% reduction is worth about $270 too.

okisok

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #13139 on: August 13, 2019, 08:22:23 PM »
Worked a very long shift today. Packed breakfast to eat when I arrived. Walked in and back. Did NOT stop at coffee shop because I had to go in early, so I deserve a treat! My treat was getting lunch and a snack for free at work, and spending so long there I didn't have time to spend any money.
Did a quick alteration to make an outfit work wearable again. I've been working on selecting outfits a few days or a week at a time for work. This way I can get by with fewer clothes due to judicious mixing and matching, and timely laundry loads.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #13140 on: August 13, 2019, 08:26:56 PM »
I refrained from buying new cat toys at the pet supply store (a necessary stop for food and litter). The cat has plenty of toys. We just need to find his hidden stash.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #13141 on: August 14, 2019, 12:26:08 AM »
I made a new seam in a hiking trousers. Now it is a cm shorter, but it looks a bit better. It was a self made trousers, from fancy outdoor cloth, but it gets extremely worn in the seams. So the cloth was a bad choice. My previous trousers of the same model lasted for 10 years. These look very worn after 1-2 years. I hope I increased the lifespan just a bit more.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13142 on: August 14, 2019, 01:06:25 AM »
Cooked spaghetti dinner for company tonite using 2 year old freezer beef. It was well wrapped and totally fine still — no freezer burn.

Made 2 baguettes from scratch and Caesar salad with homemade dressing to accompany the meal.

It was a lot of work on a fairly warm day (no a/c) but it felt very satisfying to make everything from what I already had on hand and not run to the grocery store.

A guest brought the dessert!

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13143 on: August 14, 2019, 08:44:14 AM »
Brought breakfast, lunch, coffee, fruit and snack from home. I often make the mistake of not taking enough food with me to work and then get extremely hungry late in the afternoon and buy chocolate from the vending machine (no healthy choices available) or buy something greasy on the 45 minute walk home. It does mean my bag is really bulky and heavy in the morning but I guess that's healthy weight training.

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #13144 on: August 14, 2019, 11:48:11 AM »
Didn't drive an hour to the big city to buy supplies from Sam's Club, Office Depot, etc.  There isn't anything we absolutely need at this time.  Figure I saved at least $150 plus fuel.

Brought the usual breakfast, lunch, a snack and iced coffee from home.

Now, off to try and clean the HP Officejet here at the office rather than buying a new one utilizing troubleshooting methods.  A line is forming down the page when scanning.  Not very professional looking...

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #13145 on: August 14, 2019, 12:52:00 PM »
Brought breakfast, lunch, coffee, fruit and snack from home. I often make the mistake of not taking enough food with me to work and then get extremely hungry late in the afternoon and buy chocolate from the vending machine (no healthy choices available) or buy something greasy on the 45 minute walk home. It does mean my bag is really bulky and heavy in the morning but I guess that's healthy weight training.

For that purpose, I have a role of outmeal cookies in my desk, in a plastic bread bag. There are not attractive enough to be snacked without purpose, but when I'm very hungry, they work well. Just a few, not the whole bunch.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #13146 on: August 14, 2019, 12:54:26 PM »
Didn't drive an hour to the big city to buy supplies from Sam's Club, Office Depot, etc.  There isn't anything we absolutely need at this time.  Figure I saved at least $150 plus fuel.

Now, off to try and clean the HP Officejet here at the office rather than buying a new one utilizing troubleshooting methods.  A line is forming down the page when scanning.  Not very professional looking...

If you have to drive an hour to such stores, isn't it then cheaper to order online from time to time. If you order enough stuff, it might have free delivery. We do this with a lot of stuff. Driving is not free if you take into account all costs, including your time.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 02:08:28 AM by Linea_Norway »

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #13147 on: August 14, 2019, 12:55:21 PM »
I cut DHs hair, like I have done every 6 weeks or so for a couple of decades.

Omy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13148 on: August 14, 2019, 03:21:58 PM »
We organized the garage this morning and DH wanted to reward ourselves with lunch out. I talked him into making lunch from leftovers and going out to dinner with a gift card we have.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #13149 on: August 14, 2019, 07:41:08 PM »

Hey @MountainGal! Open it all up and look for the thin strips of glass. Then clean the glass very carefully. Usually something that's stuck on the glass is the cause of that stripe.