Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 8020864 times)

Sugaree

• Handlebar Stache
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #12700 on: April 18, 2019, 06:05:51 AM »
I'm traveling for work and only spent $7 of my $62 per diem. I picked a hotel that has free breakfast and free "social hour", which served enough food for dinner, so all I bought was a sandwich and cookie for lunch.

I always try to get into a Homewood Suites when I have to travel for work.  They do breakfast every day and dinner four or five nights a week.  I usually scavenge enough bread/peanut butter/jelly/honey/bananas to cover lunch too.

Jenny Wren

• Pencil Stache
  • Just another dharma bum
« Reply #12701 on: April 18, 2019, 07:25:07 AM »
The sun was out, it was above 60F, and I spent too much of the day in a lab class. I wanted to sip iced lattes, wander about outside, then sit on the patio of a favorite taphouse and stuff my face. Instead:

~ I made my own fancy iced coffee at home for a few pennies.

~ I convinced the spouse to wander around a natural area nearby with me so I could crawl around on my hands and knees looking at flowers and bugs (I'm perpetually muddy from April-November....)

~ I came home and made a convincing copycat of the Thai peanut sauce flatbread a fave pub serves. So we sat on our own patio and stuffed our faces. No beer, but more ice coffee was a suitable replacement. **Bonus** the recipe was quick (I used pitas for crust, "grilled" the pizzas on a griddle instead of using the oven, and pan fried the tofu instead baking), so I also discovered a quick, cheap, and easy recipe that won't heat up the house this summer.

Tom Bri

• Pencil Stache
  • More just cheap, than Mustachian
« Reply #12702 on: April 18, 2019, 08:25:47 AM »
I built a solar cooker. It did cost me about $20 in materials, mainly spray paint, but it should last 5 years or more, like the last one did. We use it almost daily if it's sunny out. Sort of like this:
https://www.greenoptimistic.com/solar-oven-cardboard/#.XLiIouopU0g

JTColton

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12703 on: April 18, 2019, 11:42:46 AM »
As I get closer to retiring from the military DW and I have been trying to slash expenses. Adding things up annually really puts it in perspective for us. We can just about cover expenses with my pension alone, goal is a +10% cushion.

This week was pretty good.

Cancelled my Prime membership =$120/yr savings ($10/mo)
Got rid of $95/mo 250 Mbps internet in exchange for the $39.99/mo 60 Mbps plan =$660/yr savings ($55/mo)
Combined insurance with my spouse and upped deductible to $1000 =$552/yr savings ($46/mo)

Total annual savings $1332

I think we can easily get this up to $1500 by downgrading our cell plans and doing some utility hacks. Next task is our food budget...

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12704 on: April 18, 2019, 12:09:03 PM »
I built a solar cooker. It did cost me about $20 in materials, mainly spray paint, but it should last 5 years or more, like the last one did. We use it almost daily if it's sunny out. Sort of like this:

Awesome tutorial - thanks @Tom Bri . Looking forward to giving this a try.
Out of curiosity - what changes did you make that required spray paint?

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #12705 on: April 18, 2019, 12:19:30 PM »
I do a lot of the same things each week, but routine helps me with frugality.

-Leftovers for dinner
-Entertaining at home vs out when possible. Including a good bottle of wine still keeps the cost lower.
-Drive solar car to/from work
-Free breakfast, lunch & snacks at work
-Free books off of the freebie table at work, including kids books. My kids like to sample new series, and this is useful if te library doesn't have it yet.

Tom Bri

• Pencil Stache
  • More just cheap, than Mustachian
« Reply #12706 on: April 18, 2019, 12:33:01 PM »

Awesome tutorial - thanks @Tom Bri . Looking forward to giving this a try.
Out of curiosity - what changes did you make that required spray paint?

Paint the outside of the boxes black and the inside white or silver. The base on the inside should be black. All designed to reflect heat in and hold it. The paint also helps waterproof the boxes. My last design lasted about 5 years and the boxes are still fine.

Hunny156

• Bristles
« Reply #12707 on: April 18, 2019, 03:05:20 PM »
Late last year, I bought a mini stepper to help keep my knees and hips fluid and mostly pain free - I have fibromyalgia and it sucks.

I used it a ton, and needed to apply WD-40 on a weekly basis to keep things smooth and squeak free.  I did notice some of the plastic parts were wearing from use.  Last week, I heard a crack while I was stepping away, and it was a piece of plastic that could not be repaired.  Sucks, but the net cost to me was under $10, so I got my money's worth, and also proved that this is a tool I will use on a daily basis.

So, the search began for the Buy it for life option.  Which I found, but the $350-$425 price tags were hard to swallow.  Nothing used to be found on Ebay, Craigslist or FB marketplace, but the manufacturer had refurbished units available on their site every few days, at $225 w/shipping.

I waited a few more days, looking for better deals and giving myself time to decide if this was a want or a need.  As pain started to come back, it confirmed it was a need, but still, $225, ouch!  So on a whim, I e-mailed the mfg and asked them if they could do better, or if they had a sale coming up.  They were nice enough to give me a $50 coupon code, so $175 was easier to swallow, and I went ahead and made the purchase.

It pays to ask for a discount, worst they can say is no!  And now I have something I will be able to use for a long time to come - even the refurbished model has a 5 year warranty.

Buffaloski Boris

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12708 on: April 18, 2019, 04:29:44 PM »
Did mostly my normal stuff. Biked to work, brought lunch, didn’t pay someone to mow my lawn. Also washed the car by hand where I usually go to the automat. Saved $7 in quarters and it looks pretty nice! Only spendy thing was new blades for the weed whacked. Chose to buy at Lowe’s for a couple dollars more as they had them in stock. Poor planning on my part but beats a lawn service!

LostGirl

• Bristles
« Reply #12709 on: April 19, 2019, 04:16:05 PM »
Had breakfast at home and ate leftovers for lunch.  Made coffee at work. Making dinner out of the freezer :)

okisok

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12710 on: April 19, 2019, 04:49:45 PM »
It was done for me, but my awesome workplace is buying my dinner tonight, AND gave me a free one year transportation pass! I had looked at buying one so that I could do more walking/biking/transport commuting, but it was cost prohibitive. Now it's definitely saving me money! My boss looked at me strangely when I blurted out the exact dollar amount of the pass, since I had researched it. I was so excited he gave me two, plus a handful of day passes. Now DP and I can travel all over the city for FREE for the next 365 days!!

middo

• Handlebar Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #12711 on: April 19, 2019, 08:13:49 PM »
My daughter convinced my wife they didn't need to eat out for lunch today.

11ducks

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12712 on: April 19, 2019, 11:23:30 PM »
Found out today that I’ll be working during an upcoming government event - I applied months ago, after it popped up during my regular searches for side hustles. It’s one long days work but is on a weekend (won’t interfere with my regular job), and it will give me an extra few hundred dollars to bundle away into my stash! Every bit counts!

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12713 on: April 20, 2019, 12:35:34 AM »
I'm preparing an early Easter lunch today. The fancy part baked bread I bought was on sale and had 35% off on top of that because the expiry date is this weekend. The chocolate eggs were also €1/bag a week before Easter. They've been on the shelves since February so it's time to get rid of them apparantly.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12714 on: April 20, 2019, 03:44:43 AM »
Today I started making my own trekking food. The commercial brand we used to buy is getting very expensive, even for single portions. I make double portions for much less money.
Today I bought a pile of vegetables, and some very low fat meat.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 11:32:56 AM by Linea_Norway »

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12715 on: April 20, 2019, 06:19:07 AM »
Bought my dinner through the Too good to go app, where restaurants, bakeries and grocery stores sell leftovers for 1/3 of the price. It's always a surprise what you get, because of course they don't know in advance what will be leftover. I will be eating sushi tonight from a fairly new place that I haven't tried yet, for €4,99. I'm home alone this weekend and need to get a lot of work done so I always make sure to arrange dinner beforehand so I won't be distracted.

Of course it's still more expensive than rice and beans, but very cheap for a take-out meal. The portions can be huge sometimes.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12716 on: April 20, 2019, 08:15:09 AM »
My in laws were trying to get everyone to go to their house for Easter. The thing is, they live over 3 hours away, and ALL their kids and their spouses live in the same city! Why would six of us and a dog drive 6 hours round trip, requiring 2 cars, and use all that gas, when they could just come here? So we suggested it, and they (grudgingly) will come here for it. Since we definitely would have been one of the drivers, and there's zero chance we would have been offered any gas money, it's a money savings. (Plus now I won't be in a home with cigarette smoke and cats, both of which I can't breathe around).

Other savings: walking everywhere as usual. Quit therapy, because the guy still really wasn't clicking for me, and why throw $20 a week at something that just isn't working? I've also got only one more acupuncture session, then I'll stop going. Into my second trimester soon, and don't need the symptom control help etc anymore. Been hosting friends a ton- lovely frugal types, so a lot of potluck style and no booze needing to be served or anything like that.

Husband finally admitted his gym shoes are dead, so they're being retired and the new shoes are in circulation- we got them around thanksgiving from 6pm on a black friday sale, stacked with a $10 off coupon because they had messed up an order on my shoes the week before. Same model too, and his last ones lasted over a year and a half of HARD use. Rare for him, so I'm happy to have a backup on deck!

Jenny Wren

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12717 on: April 20, 2019, 08:21:12 AM »
Today we are going to a free Earth Day festival, and then heading to a no-fee conservation area to hike, geocache, and pick up trash. I just packed our lunches and filled a water cooler in the trunk so there will be no need to spend anything while out. We'll come home afterward for a cozy date night by grilling some quick-to-make pesto and ricotta pizzas, made on pitas, and binge watching the newly discovered "Happy." (I heart Patton Oswald!)

We are planning to be out of the house for 12+ hours, but we shouldn't have to spend any money!

2Birds1Stone

• Walrus Stache
  • K Thnx Bye
« Reply #12718 on: April 20, 2019, 11:06:17 AM »
SO wanted a pack for thru-hiking the AT in the future, and a 9 month trip to EU/SE Asia next year. I scored a barely used one for $100+ less than new would have cost.

Loretta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12719 on: April 20, 2019, 03:11:05 PM »
This morning I made myself some nice cups of coffee with the free pod thingys that Disney World uses.  When I was there in Oct the cleaning ladies left both me and my friend a ton of the free sachets.  It works perfectly in my Freecycled 1 cup drip coffeepot.  And that taste definitely takes me back to the happiest place on earth :)

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #12720 on: April 21, 2019, 10:22:32 AM »
Over the weekend:
-Dropped family off at the airport, saving on Uber charges
-We did order take out (planned), but rather than using a delivery service, my husband was able to pick it up in time. Saving about $15.
-I was planning to do a long run at a trail today with paid parking, but found another option that doesn't require driving or paid parking
-No Easter gifts for the kids this year. My parents got them plenty while they were here, and the kids need nothing. Instead, I made a deposit in their college savings accounts.
-Leftovers for dinner last night, and for lunch as well
-Read two more free books off of the freebie table at work

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #12721 on: April 21, 2019, 03:41:35 PM »
It's time to deworm the horses.  The product I use in spring was $16.49 at the feed store, but I found it online for $11.95.  The stuff I use in the fall was also cheaper, so I bought it all at once to get free shipping.  Saved about $22 for the three horses. (don't worry, I spend PLENTY at the local feed store ;) ).

Making pizzas for tonight and tomorrow with a recipe that uses up extra sourdough starter.  Topping them with homemade BBQ sauce and pesto from last summer's garden.

Pretty sure I've found a relatively cheap solution for a first saddle for my young horse (they grow and change a lot, so saddles are always problematic).  If it doesn't work out, I've also located a couple saddles in the UK that I can import and try, then probably turn a profit re-selling if they don't work out.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12722 on: April 21, 2019, 06:19:32 PM »
I visited my grandfather for Easter. I took him four bottles of wine I'd been given, and he gave me half a kilo of his gorgeous homegrown tomatoes.

Having a cheap day today. Cold-washing and line-drying my washing, pottering around home, Netflix, and my Easter bunny.

Jenny Wren

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12723 on: April 21, 2019, 07:10:10 PM »
We're getting ready for a major move. So today we spent the day purging 70% of our belongings from the living and dining room and setting them out for a morning donation pickup. We then packed away half of the remaining items.

The market here is hot right now, so we aren't putting in too much effort with staging. We did a bunch of minor repairs on our own (touching up paint, replacing some cracked switch covers, that sorta of thing). Then we used things we already own to stage the two rooms.

I considered treating the fam to ice cream as a thank you for spending a sunny day inside helping (At an average of $5 a cone, that would be $20). Instead, I swung by the grocery store and picked up a box of store brand ice cream bars for $1.99.

Loretta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12724 on: April 21, 2019, 08:24:00 PM »
I filled up a box of clothing I can no longer wear to send to ThredUP.  I had surgery in December and I’m down from a size 22W to a 12 in dresses.  As many bariatric patients say, I wish I had done it years ago.  If anyone would like to take advantage of a discount, here is my ThredUP referral code that gets us both a $10 credit.  http://www.thredup.com/r/MSW3QB 

mountain mustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12725 on: April 21, 2019, 08:26:19 PM »
biked to work, ate packed lunch, bike home. Spent $0 today and yesterday. My new goal is to spend $0 on work days, leaving my two days off as my grocery/randoms shopping days. Tomorrow is an exception as I have a dental filling to get. But other than that, I've been just leaving my wallet at home when I leave the house for the day.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12726 on: April 22, 2019, 01:12:19 AM »
Our bathroom fan has been acting up and I don't know how to fix it. After Easter we'll have to spend money to get someone to repair it, but to get rid of the noise I just turned off the electricity in that part of the house (it's one of those fans without an on/off switch, it runs 24/7). That means the hot water heater is also switched off. I turn the electricity back on to shower, but due to the noise that's a really quick shower. It's a small thing but will likely save a few cents in electricity and natural gas.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12727 on: April 22, 2019, 06:16:47 AM »
My dog has a very serious illness and is on a bunch of medications. He takes this one medication that costs me around $155 a month. Thru a friend, her friend has a dog who is also on this same medication and same dose, no longer needs them and offered them to me! Very happy! It is only one months worth but is a lot of money saved!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #12728 on: April 22, 2019, 03:19:14 PM »
biked to work, ate packed lunch, bike home. Spent $0 today and yesterday. My new goal is to spend $0 on work days, leaving my two days off as my grocery/randoms shopping days. Tomorrow is an exception as I have a dental filling to get. But other than that, I've been just leaving my wallet at home when I leave the house for the day.

We also try to spend $0 on work days. Slightly different scenario, as I drive the kids to school about half the time, but I drive the electric car, charge for free at work, and get lunch/breakfast/snacks/drinks for free at work as well.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12729 on: April 22, 2019, 07:47:16 PM »

Having a cheap day today. Cold-washing and line-drying my washing, pottering around home, Netflix, and my Easter bunny.

This is describing my day today, minus the Easter Bunny.

No that is not you seeing me walking down to woolies buying lots of cheap bunnies......

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12730 on: April 22, 2019, 07:53:06 PM »
Had some great sales at the grocery store. Stocked up on a bunch of stuff and saved about $22. And I waited until today to buy a little Easter candy so it was all half-price :-)

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12731 on: April 23, 2019, 02:31:12 AM »
DH put tectile in the bars underneath both our cars. The oldest car (18 years) had already started to rust there. We hope the tectile will increase the remaining life span of the cars.

We have had some of our previous cars tectiled, but have always had it done by a professional. Now he did it himself.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #12732 on: April 23, 2019, 09:31:50 AM »
DH put tectile in the bars underneath both our cars. The oldest car (18 years) had already started to rust there. We hope the tectile will increase the remaining life span of the cars.

We have had some of our previous cars tectiled, but have always had it done by a professional. Now he did it himself.
What is tectile?  Asking becuase we have older cars in a rust-prone region.

rivendale

• Stubble
« Reply #12733 on: April 23, 2019, 03:24:48 PM »
Canceled cable, saving $40 a month. We live in a canyon and cannot get any OTA channels. As a last attempt, this past weekend we bought the largest antenna offered locally and tried to pick a signal. Nothing. The antenna was returned and I was on the phone yesterday with the cable/internet provider. There was alot of poor customer service, and jumping through hoops, but its done. We were paying $83 a mth for their lowest tv (which was basically what you would get OTA) plus internet. Now, we just have internet only. During football season I will just sign up for Sling tv. Being able to watch the local team is a requirement for my spouse.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12734 on: April 24, 2019, 01:14:49 AM »
I walked to work and will walk back in the afternoon. I took one of DH's allergy pills, because it is extreme birch pollen at this moment. Last year when I walk to work under these circumstances, I became really ill the next day.

Sugaree

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12735 on: April 24, 2019, 05:31:34 AM »
Canceled cable, saving $40 a month. We live in a canyon and cannot get any OTA channels. As a last attempt, this past weekend we bought the largest antenna offered locally and tried to pick a signal. Nothing. The antenna was returned and I was on the phone yesterday with the cable/internet provider. There was alot of poor customer service, and jumping through hoops, but its done. We were paying $83 a mth for their lowest tv (which was basically what you would get OTA) plus internet. Now, we just have internet only. During football season I will just sign up for Sling tv. Being able to watch the local team is a requirement for my spouse.

If it's just a single team that's a requirement, see if it's available for free streaming online first.  I was able to watch all the college and NFL games I was really interested in (and actually several NFL games I wouldn't have otherwise seen due to being a fan of the non-local team) by hooking up a laptop to the TV and streaming through that.  A quick search of "Packers live stream" brings up options.  The only downside is the inability to flip back and forth between games easily

Jenny Wren

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12736 on: April 24, 2019, 07:17:21 AM »
We are still in house prep mode, T-minus 8 days until it's listed.

Yesterday we managed to finish getting the upstairs deep cleaned and staged, still using items we had on hand. I needed something striking for the hearth to detract from the ugly painted brick courtesy of the previous owners, so I cut the trimmed branches from our neighbor's cherry tree (I asked for them first!) into equal lengths and made a couple of pretty bundles of sticks, which I then stood up in some baskets we already had. Looks lovely! We only have a few more rooms to do, and they are all in the basement.

I also saved my professor and the department a lot of money. We use newspaper in our plant presses, but they have to be a specific size. Unfortunately, the school paper no longer prints in the correct size (way too small), so the department was trying to figure out how to budget in purchasing the blank newsprint (surprisingly expensive in the quantities we need). I discovered a local community group that prints monthly papers for its members in exactly the right size. Called them up, and they offered all their leftovers to us. Saves them the cost of recycling and the school the cost of the blotter papers, and it keeps the papers out of the trash stream a bit longer. Not really my win, but still a win for two organizations and for the environment (and a win for science :).

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #12737 on: April 24, 2019, 07:22:59 AM »
Pretty sure I've found a relatively cheap solution for a first saddle for my young horse (they grow and change a lot, so saddles are always problematic).  If it doesn't work out, I've also located a couple saddles in the UK that I can import and try, then probably turn a profit re-selling if they don't work out.

I actually found something even cheaper than I could have hoped for, on eBay ($325 shipped, vs. $900-$3,000).  Fingers crossed that it works until she's ready for a proper dressage saddle next year.

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #12738 on: April 24, 2019, 04:24:07 PM »
Found a 4L jug of 2% milk marked down to $1.11 (regularly $4.50) - it “expires” tomorrow, but we are due to make yogurt anyway. That’s an extremely inexpensive batch of yogurt!

softysoutherner

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12739 on: April 24, 2019, 05:09:57 PM »
Made sandwiches to take on a long train journey tomorrow - rather than wasting £5-6 on a lunch at the station. I'll fill a flask with coffee in the morning as well, that's at least another £2... :)

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12740 on: April 25, 2019, 01:46:15 AM »
Actually a pretty big thing. We used to make coffee with a French press. I'm used to it but not everyone prefers this type of coffee. A friend of us offered us his old drip coffee maker that he didn't need anymore. That coffee maker is actually pretty fancy with a built in grinder so we're super happy with it. I'm still keeping the French press: it's easy to use and clean and I also use it to brew tea (we also got that one for free from my mother who didn't like the taste of the coffee).

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12741 on: April 25, 2019, 08:01:28 AM »
Had some deli turkey in the fridge and it was not getting eaten due to too many other things to eat so I made up 4 sandwiches on hamburger rolls (no condiments) and froze them. The Hub ate one and said it was good. Lunch meat is always getting tossed out here. So, this was a good option.

Prairie Stash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12742 on: April 25, 2019, 09:29:16 AM »
Turkey sandwiches this week from the frozen turkey breast I cooked a while back. I bought it on sale, cooked it and froze the breasts just for this day. I've done this for the last few turkeys, immediately freezing the breasts, its cut turkey waste to zero. Its also cut down on buying deli meats, that stuff gets expensive. I did the work already, but today I get the savings from it. I don't count it as savings until I actually use the food.

Lunch today is $0.30 of turkey on toasted homemade bread; my wife bought me a toaster for work years ago as a gift. I'll wash it down with coffee from my thermos.

marion10

• Bristles
« Reply #12743 on: April 25, 2019, 08:32:55 PM »
I have a ladies group conference this weekend-two formal dinners, two lunches and a memorial service. Shopped my closet for everything- was tempted to go out and buy something new but I’m making do with what I have.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #12744 on: April 25, 2019, 10:00:24 PM »
13-hour workday today involved driving about 4 hours each way.  Packed all my food and just spent $3 for coffee and a pack of nuts on the way home.  Since it was >12 hours, I'll get per diem, plus my mileage reimbursed.

jaylbail

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12745 on: April 26, 2019, 03:26:34 AM »
Was laden down with a bunch of luggage when I came back from my trip today, 4 km (2.5 miles) from home. Thought about calling an Uber, but then came up with a better solution: took the train (<$5) to the closest station to my house, then just toughed out the last kilometer. Not quite Maximum Badass, but at least Pareto Badass. (Aka, 80/20 Badass)

Hula Hoop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12746 on: April 26, 2019, 07:13:57 AM »
I invited a friend and her kids over for dinner, rather than eating out.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #12747 on: April 26, 2019, 08:05:23 PM »
We had plans to eat at a party for our kids soccer club (they were providing food). However, they ran out before we arrived. I made my husband a salad & leftovers, and I ate a burger out of the freezer. The kids managed to grab a couple of hot dogs before they were all gone, so they were happy. Sorted, and no meal out. Additionally, I wasn't sure how we were going to finish the last of the carnitas, but my husband ate those tonight, so our fridge is clean & empty again.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12748 on: April 27, 2019, 01:04:53 AM »
My cousin posted me a huge batch of her amazing homemade biscuits a couple of weeks ago.

The package was a bit dinged up by Australia Post, so by the time I'd finished the biscuits there was still about two cups of delicious buttery chocolate chip breadcrumbs in the bottom of the ziplock bag.

I put the ziplock bag in my freezer then added the crumbs to the base of a slice I made today.

And I saved the giant ziplock to re-use.

Waste not...

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12749 on: April 27, 2019, 04:00:41 AM »
The season has started for edible plants to start growing. Last week I collected wild garlic. Yesterday I picked a bunch of Matteuccia struthiopteris, enough as vegetables for 6 two-person meals. I will soon go out to look for other plants that I'm familiar with. I am in the process of learning.