Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 8020848 times)

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #1250 on: August 18, 2014, 04:01:44 PM »
I got my list of textbooks from the campus bookstore, so I could rent them via amazon, however, while bumming around the work room I found copies of my A&P and the lab book and Natural Science, it's the previous edition but dang! I tracked down who they belonged to, she was just going to recycle them! That saves me $300 in rental fees! 

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1251 on: August 18, 2014, 09:11:24 PM »
-Made soup for dinner from chicken stock made with chicken bones from a few days ago. Added tons of vegetables from the depths of the fridge and a cup of rice. Rounded out the meal with homemade buns from the freezer

-hung a load of laundry on my brand new clothesline

Cressida

• Handlebar Stache
  • gender is a hierarchy
« Reply #1252 on: August 18, 2014, 11:47:48 PM »
A while ago I started making and freezing batches of simple sandwiches (just meat/cheese; fresher fixings don't freeze well) to take to work as part of my lunch - far cheaper than takeout. I'd been using store-bought English muffins as the bread, but I'm tracking grocery purchases and noticed the muffins were creeping up and up on the list (it's sorted in descending order by amount spent).

So I've been trying out homemade whole-wheat bread recipes. I finally found one that is not too much hassle and does not taste like cardboard, so yesterday I made two loaves, and tonight I sliced them and made 12 sandwiches for the freezer. Not only is it cheaper, it tastes way better. 

It's more work, of course, but on the other hand, now I don't have to worry about my lunch for 2+ weeks. It does crack me up listening to my coworkers who spend half an hour every single day trying to decide where to spend their $10 and going to pick it up.

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1253 on: August 19, 2014, 09:02:21 AM »
Planning my training hike (A regular walk becomes a training hike when you add a backpack filled with random books for weight) to take me passed the office supplies store where they are selling 10 cent notebooks.  Nobody is going back to school at our house but we can always use the paper

abuzzyisawesome

• Stubble
« Reply #1254 on: August 20, 2014, 10:45:13 AM »
Packed breakfast and lunch for today. DH and boychild eating at granny's tonight so free dinner! Balance transfer posted, saving me $239 in interest a month. Resisted going grocery shopping until my $80 Kroger rewards checks come.

senecando

• Bristles
« Reply #1255 on: August 20, 2014, 10:46:38 AM »
Found an empty bottle of Carlo Rossi down by the U and brought it back. Free gallon fermenter with natural bro-yeast!

Astatine

• Magnum Stache
  • Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1256 on: August 21, 2014, 02:59:33 AM »
Nothing out of the ordinary: had a piece of home made muesli slice for a snack at work, and had a home cooked meal for lunch as well. I plan our cooking to have leftovers that freeze well for lunches and always try to have at least 10 spare meals in the freezer (variety so we don't get sick of the same thing) for hubby and I take to work. It's the easiest way for us to take lunch to work. We both usually keep a few in our respective freezers at work to have a choice at lunchtime.

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1257 on: August 21, 2014, 07:51:49 AM »
Poured yesterday's leftover tea into a drinking glass.  Later today when it gets hot, I will add lemonaide mix and ice.  Later today going to make bacon and tomato sandwich with bacon bought on sale earlier this year and stashed for just this moment.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #1258 on: August 21, 2014, 09:28:43 AM »
Last night I cut off strawberry runners and transplanted them so I'll have more delicious strawberries next spring.

Picking up my beef quarter tonight and briefly thought about taking the truck, but wedged four coolers into my tiny car instead so I'll save gas and won't have to take any detours after work.

greenmimama

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1259 on: August 21, 2014, 09:40:36 AM »
Stayed home
Made a double batch of laundry detergent with ing I already had on hand for awhile now.

I hope to make some bread or muffins for my boys.

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1260 on: August 21, 2014, 11:25:40 AM »
Carpooled, packed my breakfast (2 hardboiled eggs + banana, $0.45) and homemade iced tea

Yesterday I made a dessert using things in my freezer and pantry.  Not the prettiest thing, but it tasted amazing!

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1261 on: August 21, 2014, 11:51:34 AM »
Hung a load of laundry

Using up all the tea in my cupboard before buying any more

Made cookies from scratch for company

Didn't throw on air conditioner even though thermostat passed my personal threshold because I knew that the cool evening air was arriving soon

Cooked a whole chicken from my freezer from our bulk buy of 40 chickens. Will also make stock from the bones to freeze for fall soups

Listened to Dave Ramsey show for motivation while working in my kitchen

Took kids to the library - one child won a $20 bookstore gift card from summer reading club draw

Planning to make 5 loaves of bread for the freezer today -- maybe posting it here will keep me accountable!

Joggernot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1262 on: August 21, 2014, 12:21:49 PM »
Probably not mustachian, but I like crunchy foods.  Made a batch of hardtack using corn flour (masa) instead of wheat flour.  DW says it is way better than the wheat flour hardtack I've made in the past.  Corn flour seemed to take more water to make a good dough.  Here's a recipe.

Mix 4 cups of flour (corn flour is better than wheat flour) to 2 cups of water containing a 1/2-tablespoon of salt. Knead into a dough (add more water if necessary) and roll out to 3/8- to ½-inch thickness. Cut into approximately 3-inch squares and pierce each with a fork several times so they look good. Bake in a 400-degree oven for 30 minutes; take out and turn them over; bake again for 30 minutes; repeat until well done and hard/dry. After the first baking, you can separate them if you wish.

And yes, it will keep for a year on a shelf protected from bugs and rats.  Good for an afternoon snack when the need for something crunchy hits.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:26:18 PM by Joggernot »

swick

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1263 on: August 21, 2014, 12:25:35 PM »
I bought a watermelon on sale. Now I have watermelon rind chutney in my crockpot. Trying for the first time, hope it is tasty!

I will be very interested in how this comes out. Please post.

UPDATE: The Watermelon Chutney turned out great! I added a little more serrano pepper, some chopped up crystallized ginger and some whole mustard seeds.

I had lots of extra watermelon so I also made the watermelon curry that was linked in the post. It was OK to start with - My watermelon rind was weird though, the outside parts of it really got soft so it was a very weird texture. I solved that by buzzing it up in my food processor so it made a sauce - and was actually really yummy! Served with some rice and poppadums and chutney it was a super cheap, tasty meal that has fed us for a few days.

Recipe is here: http://myheartbeets.com/watermelon-rind-chutney/

I also made some of David Chang's pickled watermelon rind - but I wasn't too fussy about it, again because of the hardness of the rind. I don't know if it was just my watermelon or what. It definitely had a much thinner rind then most watermelons I have had. I do think that watermelon rind would be a great addition to a batch of chow or mustard pickles. 

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1264 on: August 21, 2014, 05:32:00 PM »
Probably not mustachian, but I like crunchy foods.  Made a batch of hardtack using corn flour (masa) instead of wheat flour.  DW says it is way better than the wheat flour hardtack I've made in the past.  Corn flour seemed to take more water to make a good dough.  Here's a recipe.

Mix 4 cups of flour (corn flour is better than wheat flour) to 2 cups of water containing a 1/2-tablespoon of salt. Knead into a dough (add more water if necessary) and roll out to 3/8- to ½-inch thickness. Cut into approximately 3-inch squares and pierce each with a fork several times so they look good. Bake in a 400-degree oven for 30 minutes; take out and turn them over; bake again for 30 minutes; repeat until well done and hard/dry. After the first baking, you can separate them if you wish.

And yes, it will keep for a year on a shelf protected from bugs and rats.  Good for an afternoon snack when the need for something crunchy hits.

Is corn flour the same as corn meal?

Joggernot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1265 on: August 21, 2014, 05:38:09 PM »

NO!  Corn flour looks like flour.  Best source is "masa", which is used to make tamales.  Find it in the Mexican or ethnic section of your grocery.  Ask a clerk; they will have it.  Ask for "masa" and they should be able to take you to it.

lizzzi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1266 on: August 21, 2014, 06:00:55 PM »
Did a week's grocery shopping today and every single item on my list was available at Aldi's. $95.95 spent to cover 21 meals for me and DH, plus five suppers when the seven of us eat together. One of my best weeks yet.

G-dog

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1267 on: August 21, 2014, 08:21:34 PM »
Baby steps --
Ate breakfast at home (steel cut oats  I cooked over the weekend) and took lunch to work ( leftover homemade pizza, and brought my soda).  My goal this week is to stop eating out. Even though I typically do this cheaply, it is just unnecessary.  It is tempting to go out at lunch just to have a break from the office. But I can take a break with my home made lunch.

Update - still successfully avoiding eating out. And since I am essentially not taking a lunch break at work, I leave for home earlier.  Win-win.

Week three (and three, is a magic number) and still on track.  Yah!  I cook batches of food over the weekend.  Having this board is a way to stay accountable. I am also tracking all my expenses, so will have some comparison data.

Week whatever - still bringing lunch/breakfast/snack. Today I went to the store over lunch to get more supplies rather than eat out (nothing sounds that good).
Not today, but in the last couple of weeks:
I cut my own hair - not perfect, but also not $30 + tip, or endless chatter with stylist, or post-cut styling with 5 products and 3 tools I keep telling them I won't bother with (styling tool = towel)
Borrowed a book from the library for a book club discussion rather than buy
More diligently turned off electronics at home when not in use
Keeping thermostat for AC higher, using fans as needed for more comfort
Less eating out for dinner with spouse also...
Stopped buying cups of sodas, drinking free coffee or water at work (or bring own soda)

Still not the paragon of frugality, but these changes are not painful at all - actually I feel better physically and emotionally.

peppermint

• Stubble
« Reply #1268 on: August 21, 2014, 09:15:15 PM »
Was on vacation so let the reins go a little, but I was planning that. (I went to Portland and I was not going to miss out on some of the delicious eats that city has. Although I didn't buy a new pair of earrings because none of the ones I browsed in the shops there really appealed, although I like buying tokens like that on vacation) 

Now I'm back home and back to good habits... Bussed to work. Took out book from library for book club. Made two pans of enchiladas.

So close to finishing my car loan!

aussieshorter

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1269 on: August 22, 2014, 12:06:47 AM »
Hand made the cot valance, fitted cot sheets, cot top sheets and pillow covers for our impending baby's cot!

I'm very pleased with the result, and it was much easier and cheaper than you'd think: www.buttonsandbooties.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/how-to-make-cot-sheet-sets-for-under-25.html

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1270 on: August 22, 2014, 08:56:43 AM »

NO!  Corn flour looks like flour.  Best source is "masa", which is used to make tamales.  Find it in the Mexican or ethnic section of your grocery.  Ask a clerk; they will have it.  Ask for "masa" and they should be able to take you to it.

Thanks.  Masa is easy to find around here.  If it works out well, I can make a trunk stash for my spouse to prevent his whoring after strange vending machines

Hedge_87

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1271 on: August 23, 2014, 02:34:08 PM »
Gave our long distance transportation device a little tlc today. Changed oil and air filter, changed windshield wiper blades and cleaned it inside and out.

MrsPotts

• Stubble
« Reply #1272 on: August 23, 2014, 02:40:18 PM »
I started a whole batch of raisins and now my house smells like jam. 

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1273 on: August 23, 2014, 02:40:45 PM »
Bought 15 lb. of sharp cheddar/black pepper cheese for $2/lb. at Grocery Outlet. Also some canned dolmas to add variety to our next camping trip.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1274 on: August 23, 2014, 02:47:48 PM »
-daughter made applesauce out of apples that were past being nice for eating whole

-leftover chili used up for lunch

-cooking bones from chicken for stock

-will use bits of meat picked off chicken for wraps tonite

-thawing last bag of chick peas to make hummus

-started more dry chickpeas in crockpot to replenish supply in freezer

-husband and son doing yard work (weeding, landscape fabric, bark mulch) instead of hiring it out

-went to waterslides for free last night -- dentist booked it for all his patients!

-took cooler full of food and bought nothing at concession stand

Spruit

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1275 on: August 23, 2014, 02:50:40 PM »
Held on to my originally offered price while negotiating a bike on the local craigslist, even though I really wanted the deal to pass and I was a little anxious it might fall through. Saved myself 50 euros and a little bit of self esteem :)

Gerard

• Handlebar Stache
    • Optimacheap
« Reply #1276 on: August 23, 2014, 03:26:28 PM »
Somewhat badass, but not productively so: Walked 7 km to look at a used bike. Bike was meh... I offered a lower price, which was turned down, so I passed on it.

Spruit

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1277 on: August 23, 2014, 03:41:26 PM »
Somewhat badass, but not productively so: Walked 7 km to look at a used bike. Bike was meh... I offered a lower price, which was turned down, so I passed on it.
You didn't let the "hassle" you'd been through alter your better judgement. That seems productive to me, and certainly badass.

YoungInvestor

• Bristles
« Reply #1278 on: August 23, 2014, 04:55:12 PM »
I got a raise that will increase my bi-weekly paycheck by X$, and modified my automatic transfer to my savings by X$ this morning. Best way I found to stay clear of lifestyle inflation.

NoraLenderbee

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1279 on: August 23, 2014, 05:44:11 PM »
Helped DH bleed and adjust the brakes on our 16-year-old Saab.
Picked about 15 lbs. of tomatoes from our garden.
Dug up the potatoes I planted a few months ago. Over 9 lbs. My potato patches are not super productive, but the taters really taste good.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #1280 on: August 23, 2014, 07:26:11 PM »
Cleared out some garden space and planted spinach, radishes, daikon, turnips, Napa cabbage, rapini, bok choi, mesclun greens, chicory, radicchio and one sad little cauliflower seedling.  Rescued a huge cabbage that split due to DH's overwatering intensive lawn care program, and will turn it into sauerkraut tonight.

Yesterday:  signed a sale contract on our old house.  Hopefully this will go through and we can say goodbye to the awful 6.375% interest we've been stuck with since the market nosedived and our equity evaporated.

Upped next month's car payment to $1,000.  The loan has a low interest rate, but I'm hell bent on paying it off right now, and this will save a little interest vs. paying the minimum.

sheepstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1281 on: August 23, 2014, 07:29:05 PM »
You didn't let the "hassle" you'd been through alter your better judgement. That seems productive to me, and certainly badass.

Hell he walked from Canada to the Netherlands, that's super bad ass.

southern granny

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1282 on: August 23, 2014, 07:37:05 PM »
Stuck my friend's phone number in my wallet.  Now when I shop at Fred Meyer, she can get the points on her grocery card.  I don't shop there much but since it is the only grocery store within walking distance I do pick up an onion or something once in a while. She might as well have the points to reduce the cost of gas when they fill their RV.

We do the same thing for a friend of ours except at Kroger. We always get our gas at Sams, so whenever we shop at Kroger we use her card to give her the points toward gas.

flashpacker

• Stubble
« Reply #1283 on: August 23, 2014, 07:58:24 PM »
I requested some coupons for a product I buy all the time, and they sent me 2 x free (value $10) and 2 x $1 off, so $12 in value.

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1284 on: August 23, 2014, 08:02:15 PM »
Stuck my friend's phone number in my wallet.  Now when I shop at Fred Meyer, she can get the points on her grocery card.  I don't shop there much but since it is the only grocery store within walking distance I do pick up an onion or something once in a while. She might as well have the points to reduce the cost of gas when they fill their RV.

We do the same thing for a friend of ours except at Kroger. We always get our gas at Sams, so whenever we shop at Kroger we use her card to give her the points toward gas.

Definitely a win-win situation.  It benefits them and costs us nothing.

Moonwaves

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1285 on: August 24, 2014, 06:56:17 AM »
I remembered that I put the leftover pastry from making apple tart last Thursday into the fridge and even remembered it before I'd finished roasting the tomatoes. So by the time they were ready to come out of the oven, I had a small quiche all ready and waiting to go in. That takes care of dinner this evening and lunch (or possibly breakfast) for a couple of days next week.

tmac

• Bristles
« Reply #1286 on: August 24, 2014, 07:18:53 AM »
I drove DH to the airport early this morning, rather than use airport parking. We brought our own Thermos of coffee instead of following the siren call of Starbucks. He packed super light to avoid baggage charges.

DSA

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1287 on: August 24, 2014, 07:41:48 AM »
I bought a watermelon on sale. Now I have watermelon rind chutney in my crockpot. Trying for the first time, hope it is tasty!

I will be very interested in how this comes out. Please post.

UPDATE: The Watermelon Chutney turned out great! I added a little more serrano pepper, some chopped up crystallized ginger and some whole mustard seeds.

I had lots of extra watermelon so I also made the watermelon curry that was linked in the post. It was OK to start with - My watermelon rind was weird though, the outside parts of it really got soft so it was a very weird texture. I solved that by buzzing it up in my food processor so it made a sauce - and was actually really yummy! Served with some rice and poppadums and chutney it was a super cheap, tasty meal that has fed us for a few days.

Recipe is here: http://myheartbeets.com/watermelon-rind-chutney/

I also made some of David Chang's pickled watermelon rind - but I wasn't too fussy about it, again because of the hardness of the rind. I don't know if it was just my watermelon or what. It definitely had a much thinner rind then most watermelons I have had. I do think that watermelon rind would be a great addition to a batch of chow or mustard pickles.

That's really cool! I've always thought there should be something practical to do with the watermelon rind. I'll have to try this one out next week, while watermelons are still on sale.

Joggernot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1288 on: August 24, 2014, 09:51:15 AM »
Received an email GNC coupon that covered something I wanted.  Went to GNC to use the coupon, and their computer wouldn't take the coupon.  The clerk looked around and found another discount to apply that was better than the coupon.  WIN #1!

Sent an email to GNC stating that the coupon didn't work and to stop sending me bad coupons.  Their response was that they had an incorrect coupon number on the coupon and would be sending me a $25 voucher via regular mail.  WIN #2!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 09:53:58 AM by Joggernot »

Tick-Tock

• Stubble
« Reply #1289 on: August 24, 2014, 10:33:11 AM »
Rode my bike to the grocery store (approximately 4 miles round trip).  Got exercise on a nice walking/biking path, with the side benefit of seeing a heron in the stream and a man walking two donkeys (have never seen that before, in more than ten years of living near the path).  And because I was on the bike, I couldn't buy too much at the store either.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1290 on: August 24, 2014, 12:23:52 PM »
Major envy here.  Please write about it (and post pictures) when you get back.  Closest I have been to the Burgess Shale is an exhibit at the ROM several years ago.

Just got back from the gym of outdoors.  The Hub and I are using a hilly road in the State Forest to train for our hike into the Canadian Rockies to see the Burgess Shale.  The only way to see this legendary fossil site is to take a Canadian Park Service guided hiking trip which, according to people who have done it, goes better if you have prepared your hill climbing muscles.

C. K.

• Bristles
« Reply #1291 on: August 24, 2014, 02:42:55 PM »
Rode my bike to the grocery store (approximately 4 miles round trip).  Got exercise on a nice walking/biking path, with the side benefit of seeing a heron in the stream and a man walking two donkeys (have never seen that before, in more than ten years of living near the path).  And because I was on the bike, I couldn't buy too much at the store either.

That's probably my favorite thing about cycling - seeing sights, smelling the scents, feeling the wind in ways that I do not when I'm in the car.

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1292 on: August 24, 2014, 02:43:39 PM »
Major envy here.  Please write about it (and post pictures) when you get back.  Closest I have been to the Burgess Shale is an exhibit at the ROM several years ago.

Just got back from the gym of outdoors.  The Hub and I are using a hilly road in the State Forest to train for our hike into the Canadian Rockies to see the Burgess Shale.  The only way to see this legendary fossil site is to take a Canadian Park Service guided hiking trip which, according to people who have done it, goes better if you have prepared your hill climbing muscles.

Won't be any pictures but I will definitely post about it as it is a very mustachian vacation.

Company coming this afternoon.  They are getting coffee and kettlecorn.  That should work out well as they expressed great interest last time we met when I said I had learned to make kettlecorn at home

Elderwood17

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1293 on: August 24, 2014, 06:51:01 PM »
Shared a few tomatoes with an elderly neighbor.  She was so excited she o sister we pick the Concord grapes from her vines, saying she is too old to put them to use.  Picked thirty pounds of grapes which made 54 containers of grape jelly.  Probably at least that many more to pick later this week to make jelly with next weekend.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1294 on: August 24, 2014, 07:51:57 PM »
Hung 2 loads of laundry on the line.  Used $200 worth of grocery store points toward a huge $400 stock up order! Made my own guacamole. No a/c but was sorely tempted.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #1295 on: August 24, 2014, 09:01:14 PM »
Made a couple repairs to our old house, which just went into escrow, to hopefully divert some post-inspection repair requests.

Froze okra and green beans, canned and dried tomatoes and started the process of preserving eggplant in olive oil.  Packed my lunch for work tomorrow. 

Used store points plus 3% cash back CC to gas up my pig truck for over 50 cents off per gallon.

Opened windows and set up the fans to blow in the cool air.  Hoping not to turn the AC back on until next year.

Plugged away at the weed control part of my DIY front yard xeriscaping project.

stlbrah

• Bristles
« Reply #1296 on: August 24, 2014, 10:53:34 PM »
1. Disposable gillete razor was getting dull since i havent sharpened it in a while, so I took out a piece of denim cut from an old pair of jeans and sharpened the razor on it like I do once every 3 weeks or so. then cleaned it off w/ alcohol, used it, cleaned it off and put it back into the plastic cup of vegetable oil I keep it in to prevent rust.

2. Needed a harcut so I proceeded to cut my own hair w/ scissors and a clipper on the sides and back.

3. Washed my hair with baking soda and apple cider vinegar. Why wash out all of the color and dry out my hair w/ expensive shampoo.

4. Took a home made preworkout before the gym that I assemble in bulk from bulksupplements at amazon and some gatorade powder.

5. Hang dried jeans, they last 10x as long that way.

6. Had to buy gas, used discover which is 5% cashback on gas atm
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 10:55:20 PM by stlbrah »

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1297 on: August 25, 2014, 12:35:54 AM »
Lol! We walked to the bank to deposit a check for stuff we had sold on consignment, then picked up 2 take & bake pizzas. We walked home, baked them and called it good. What?? $22.00 for four adults? Are you kidding me? Yeah, this is what qualifies as dinner out for my family. Since most meals are cooked from scratch and eaten at home, this was a big treat. Oh yeah, it was the walking part that saved money. That and the fact that we deposited way more in the bank than we spent. Love this thread...

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1298 on: August 25, 2014, 09:26:37 AM »
Drinking microwaved leftover coffee as I write this but the real savings happened when I firmly deleted the 30% off sale announcement from The Fragrance Shop.  They make great dupes of designer perfumes for much less than department store prices but I have plenty already.

norabird

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1299 on: August 25, 2014, 09:35:51 AM »
Yesterday I baked and made home-brewed iced coffee--today, a homemade muffin for breakfast and iced coffee brought from home for breakfast! Way better than the k-cup coffee at work and I had run out of granola at the office. Hopefully no going back to my $2.25 coffee and donut routine. I still have ingredients left for muffins so going to make another batch next week, right now I have a dozen muffins frozen in the freezer and more in the fridge though :) I do need a to-go coffee mug to put it in eventually but am using a mug with a tupperware lid for now and it's doing the trick, plus it fits two servings.

Also making dinner tonight with ingredients on hand, and eating pasta for lunch that I specifically made yesterday to bring in to work this week...hopefully it's tasty.