Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 8020903 times)

2Birds1Stone

• Walrus Stache
  • K Thnx Bye
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #2400 on: February 07, 2015, 03:26:23 PM »
Friends wanted to go to all you can eat sushi. With tax/tip it's $120 for 4 people. Not a horrible deal by most people's standards cause we can eat. But instead having them over for a home cooked meal I'm prepping. They are bringing booze and dessert and we will have just as good if not better a time for 1/4 of the cost.

2Birds1Stone

• Walrus Stache
  • K Thnx Bye
« Reply #2401 on: February 07, 2015, 03:26:40 PM »
I'm rubbing off on my inner circle.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2402 on: February 07, 2015, 05:53:05 PM »
1) Juiced a bunch of wrinkly apples and oranges. They weren't off, but just old and unattractive enough that no one would eat them.  The juice was wildly delicious. I learned how to use the juicer today (it was my husband's purchase last year) and will start using it more often, especially when I can find a good, cheap box of apples at the local produce market. Maybe I could even acquire a taste for healthy vegetable juices too?  I want to finally work on the payback of this luxury item ... hubs bought it after watching that movie on the guy who did juice fasting. Sorry, the name escapes me.

2) Picked up a HUGE bag of books and movies from the library.  I grabbed 2 books that looked interesting to me. I tend to not finish books, but with the library, I have ZERO guilt. In the olden days, pre-MMM, I would buy books and am STILL suffering from buyers remorse as I attempt to de-clutter my home and come across books I HAD to have, and then, never read, or never finished <sigh>.

11ducks

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2403 on: February 07, 2015, 07:07:14 PM »

Instead of going out to breakfast with my partner on a rare child-free morning (which we only do 2-3 times a year) - we decided to go for a bushwalk/mountain climb - it was wonderful and didn't cost a thing!

Also, we were recently given a queen-size bed for my DS, I was (stupidly) all set to go buy him a new quilt cover for the quilt, when I realised that we have at least 3 quilt covers (our bed is the same size), and just because he is a kid doesn't mean he needs a cartoon-quilt cover, that he will still do just fine with one of ours (all in shades of blue/grey anyway).

peppermint

• Stubble
« Reply #2404 on: February 07, 2015, 07:14:35 PM »
Made plans with friend to go to a free yoga class tomorrow morning.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #2405 on: February 07, 2015, 08:46:20 PM »
Didn't spend any money today, and stayed home all day, so no gas burned.

It was warm outside, so opened some windows and got it up to 65 inside, when we keep the thermostat between 56 and 62.

Processed 48# of green cauliflower that I got from Bountiful Baskets, so we have 19 meals' worth of cauli-rice and a bunch of frozen cauliflower for roasting.

Making stock in the slow cooker out of beef bones and a chicken carcass.

Checked the chicken coop and ta-da!  the first eggs since early November, 7 of them!

Cleaned and conditioned a saddle I purchased with the intent of reselling for a profit, now to get some nice photos and get it advertised.

Watered the seeds I sowed in the greenhouse, so we'll hopefully have homegrown spinach, lettuce and radishes in the next six weeks or so.

Added horse and chicken poop to the compost pile, which turns into fertilizer which turns into organic vegetables.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2406 on: February 07, 2015, 09:10:33 PM »
I was (stupidly) all set to go buy him a new quilt cover for the quilt, when I realised that we have at least 3 quilt covers

Good catch, 11ducks! Love it when that Mustachianism kicks in and breaks me of old habits!

Juslookin

• Bristles
« Reply #2407 on: February 08, 2015, 07:00:29 AM »

Instead of going out to breakfast with my partner on a rare child-free morning (which we only do 2-3 times a year) - we decided to go for a bushwalk/mountain climb - it was wonderful and didn't cost a thing!

Also, we were recently given a queen-size bed for my DS, I was (stupidly) all set to go buy him a new quilt cover for the quilt, when I realised that we have at least 3 quilt covers (our bed is the same size), and just because he is a kid doesn't mean he needs a cartoon-quilt cover, that he will still do just fine with one of ours (all in shades of blue/grey anyway).

Absolutely,  I don't know how old your DS is but when mine were little they covered their beds with stuffed animals anyway. Voila, cartoon characters everywhere!

KD

• Stubble
  • "Waste is a resource out of place."-Coors Mfg.
« Reply #2408 on: February 08, 2015, 07:48:15 AM »
As I do every winter morning upon arising...I put on my socks n' shoes & a fuzzy warm jacket & some velvet pants (warm $1 thrift store purchase) under my nightgown.  I check the thermostat in case hubs who has a 'cold fetish' as he ages set it back up before he came to bed.  I tend to set it at 65, he likes 72.  Put on some long johns Dude!  Stoked the woodstove.  Then I hit the coffee pot's on button (no StarSucksBucks for this ol' gal) and unplug the nightlights that hubs insists upon.  No lights have been turned on at this point. 

Next I go into my laundry room & flip on the hanging lantern/flashlight (batteries are cheaper than electricity for these short bursts of light) and in goes in a load of laundry and then I take them out and the one thing that will show wrinkles/need ironing if I don't went in the dryer for 5 minutes and then hung up to air dry and the rest went on hangers (heavy towel outside to dry in the cold air) and the rest to be hung around the woodstove to be dry before anyone else in the house even gets up.  Yes, I even have oil lamps still in my house.  Don't use them all the time but sometimes, yes I do!!!

On days when there is no fire in the woodstove I hang things to dry and shut the small utility room door.  This effectively traps the heat or AC flow from the HVAC vent and things dry quicker.  Anyway, if you show up at my house before 8 a.m. on a cold winter morning you are liable to find someone's fundyundies near the woodstove getting all toasty.  The lantern is turned off in the windowless laundry and I go down the hall to weigh myself and log it.  Then I flip on the lantern over the sink and make my cup of coffee and the coffee is poured into a thermos hotpot to stay hot at no additional charge and the lamp goes off.  After that my feet go up and the 'puter is turned on.  Why yes, I am a cheap-azz skinflinting badassian!!

We are low carbing meat eaters and there is generally a lot of hog being consumed in the mornings but as usual we will intersperse a protein drink this a.m. to lower the overall grocery bill and use up some of the frozen fruit that is in the freezer.  At least two and sometimes three days a week a protein drink is inserted as a cost cutting measure.  We use the extra grease from the meat to put on newspaper instead of buying 'fire starter' for our woodstove, so yeah, I have a grease can in my fridge and I ain't afraid to use it!  ;)

On top of the woodstove this a.m. is a pot of beans for supper tonight.  The meat 'seasoning' that is in it came off a huge $19 pork roast I got a month or so back - we used the woodstove to cook it as well and made pulled pork.  That roast made 8 meals worth of meat that was frozen.  Six pkgs still in freezer. So around $2.45 of meat per meal including tax.  I was busy with parental units and their health at the time or I would've pressure canned it.  Yes, beans have some carbs.  I said low carbs not no carbs.  No cornbread will be eaten with this meal to keep it lower on the carb scale.  Although that's some cheap eats 'beans and cornbread' right there!!  We'll have a salad and some other vegs to round out the meal. 

I try to use my woodstove for as many things as I can as I have an all electric house and the wood is all ready being used to heat up the house. We have wooded acreage that needs cleanup so most of what I'm burning the last two years has been 'already fallen trees' and needs removing anyway as a fire mitigation measure, and so why pay for electricity to heat/dry/cook something when I already have a heat generator going??

Lunch will be a venison steak that was given to us by parents along with spices and sides that also came from them.  One parent has Alzheimer's and no longer cooks and the other is a 'frozen cardboard box in the microwave' kinda cook so they recently cleaned out their freezers and spice shelves and cupboards to my house.  They have a short expiry date on them so they are being used ASAP.

By 9:00 when hubs awakens I'll be dressed to hair and makeup and ready for that protein shake, a couple hours of computer time and an afternoon snoozie while the $1 DVD from a garage sale plays on.  What???  Even I can't keep the electrical monster at bay every time while I nap!!!  Someone will mozy in and turn it off or sit down and watch it while I provide 'white noise' in the background! :)  The car & truck will remain parked today and no out of pocket $'s will be spent!  Heck I'm liable to bust a financial move today & log into Fidelity and Vanguard later today just to see where things stand.  I do that to reassure myself that the market indeed does moves up and down while I stay steady in my financial plans.  Don't think I've ever sold or bought based on what the market was doing that day, week or month. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 07:53:11 AM by KD »

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #2409 on: February 08, 2015, 08:57:28 AM »
We use the extra grease from the meat to put on newspaper instead of buying 'fire starter' for our woodstove, so yeah, I have a grease can in my fridge and I ain't afraid to use it!  ;)

Great idea!  I saved a lot of beef suet and it's kind of a strong flavor for cooking, so I'm just not getting through it. 

kander

• Bristles
« Reply #2410 on: February 08, 2015, 09:16:48 AM »
I gave my husband my blessings to make a DIY stair gate for our son. (Is stair gate a word? I'm not sure but Google translate says it's the correct word)

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2411 on: February 08, 2015, 04:24:48 PM »
Picking myself up after a spendy trip to Trader Joe's yesterday.  I spent a few hours in the kitchen making basics for the week.  I made naan, pretzel rolls and rice. 

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2412 on: February 08, 2015, 05:51:19 PM »
1) Homemade soup from stock made myself from chicken bones.

2) Bread in the bread machine ready to eat with the soup

3) Kids had homemade slurpees today -- not healthy at all, but a fun treat and pennies compared to the cost at 7-11. 1 package of unsweetened koolaid, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 cups cold water, 3 cups ice. Blend in blender.

4) Kept the furnace off during the day -- it hit 16c here in the PNW today! NICE!

caliq

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2413 on: February 08, 2015, 05:57:04 PM »
I gave my husband my blessings to make a DIY stair gate for our son. (Is stair gate a word? I'm not sure but Google translate says it's the correct word)

I think you mean a baby gate?  You got your point across fine though :)

Like this: http://www.amazon.com/Regalo-Easy-Step-Walk-White/dp/B001OC5UMQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1423443409&sr=1-1

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2414 on: February 08, 2015, 07:56:10 PM »
I did some solid batch cooking! And we went for a run in the woods. Free gym!

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2415 on: February 08, 2015, 09:54:54 PM »
Cut up a pork shoulder to marinate.  Carefully put the bone in the bone sack in the freezer.  One day the whole bag will go into the crockpot and become stock.

kander

• Bristles
« Reply #2416 on: February 08, 2015, 11:32:15 PM »

I think you mean a baby gate?  You got your point across fine though :)

Like this: http://www.amazon.com/Regalo-Easy-Step-Walk-White/dp/B001OC5UMQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1423443409&sr=1-1

Yes, that's the thing I was talking about. Thanks :)

firelight

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2417 on: February 09, 2015, 01:05:28 AM »
Went for a free lunch event and managed not to spend any money rest of the day. Also deposited two checks that we got in mail.

firelight

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2418 on: February 09, 2015, 01:06:15 AM »
Thinking of it, we didn't spend any money all weekend. A rarity after baby was born!

windriver

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2419 on: February 09, 2015, 01:18:07 AM »
Ate canned pears for desert instead of buying ice cream. The pears expired in 2011 which is how I got the case for free. Tasted great!

kathrynd

• Bristles
« Reply #2420 on: February 09, 2015, 03:32:56 AM »
Ate canned pears for desert instead of buying ice cream. The pears expired in 2011 which is how I got the case for free. Tasted great!

Good for you!!!

So many people would toss food, if it expired.
There is nothing wrong with it.

Adventine

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2421 on: February 09, 2015, 04:08:01 AM »
- Used a special prepaid promo to get 85 free texts, instead of the usual 30 free texts
- Paid in full for a year's subscription for a recurring bill, instead of the current monthly payment, and got two months free
- Used a supermarket promotion to buy a week's worth of bread at half the usual cost
- Brought a giant jar of Nutella (a gift from family) to the office to share, instead of going out to buy dessert (bonus points: coworkers brought salted pretzels and animal crackers to dip in the Nutella too! It's like a mini snack bar on my desk. I save money and build good will with people in the office at the same time.

kander

• Bristles
« Reply #2422 on: February 09, 2015, 05:10:11 AM »
Bought two bags of sprouts for the price of 1. Shared it with my mother, so now we both have one bag for half the price.

Pooperman

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2423 on: February 09, 2015, 05:16:21 AM »
Not sure if it actually saved me money, but I made and canned: 4 half-pints of apple sauce and 2 pints of tomato sauce. Good prices at the supermarket and really trying to eat better means making it myself.

Juslookin

• Bristles
« Reply #2424 on: February 09, 2015, 06:18:21 AM »
I paid all my insurances due in full and avoided the fees for making payments, and the fees were significant.

Also, I had a diagnostic test last week and when they called to pre-register me the registrar told me if I paid my out of pocket expense at the time of service I would get 10% off.  The satellite office I went to was not set up to take payments so they had to make a phone call to the main hospital to find out how to take my payment. Technician was irritated with me so I explained the discount, she said to me, "it's not like $20.00 is a lot of money".

Ummm, yes it is, in my pocket anyway. I was surprised, she was in her mid fifties, you expect grown ups to be a little smarter.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #2425 on: February 09, 2015, 06:37:43 AM »
You might have responded by inviting her to pay the $20 for you, since it is not much money to her!!  :)

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2426 on: February 09, 2015, 06:52:15 AM »
You might have responded by inviting her to pay the $20 for you, since it is not much money to her!!  :)

You're cheeky. I like you. Going to use that sometime.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #2427 on: February 09, 2015, 06:58:56 AM »

You're cheeky. I like you. Going to use that sometime.

:)

purplepants

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • My Journey - Purplepants' Journey From The 7th Circle of Hell
« Reply #2428 on: February 09, 2015, 07:09:12 AM »
Trying to pare down on clutter in the house and sold several things on Craiglist for a few dollars.

Remembered one of the things I was trying to sell for $10 was brand new, unopened, and purchased at Lowe's 3 years ago.  I checked online and they are still selling the same item in the same packaging, so I took it back for a store credit.  $37 in store credit > $10 in cash for sure!  I used $18 of the credit to purchase new furnace filters, which I needed this month.  I'll use the rest of the credit next time I need filters!

Stash Engineer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2429 on: February 09, 2015, 07:11:44 AM »
I did my taxes and will get a refund of $1360, which will be applied directly to CC debt. 

Juslookin

• Bristles
« Reply #2430 on: February 09, 2015, 07:37:08 AM »

Nice one, I'll keep that in mind for next time. :)

I was so shocked, first of all that she would say that to a customer and second that she really thought it. It made me realize I am not hard core like some folks around here, but it is amazing to me how much money people just throw around like it is nothing.

DagobertDuck

• Bristles
« Reply #2431 on: February 09, 2015, 08:34:13 AM »
Canceled my Strava Premium membership. I absolutely love Strava, but the only Premium feature I regularly use (Heatmaps) can also be had using free 3rd party tools (http://www.jonathanokeeffe.com/strava/map.php) .
Saved: € 5,49 per month.

Called my insurance company and canceled some useless policy options I don't need.
Saved: € 35 per year.

Oh and I had rolled oats for breakfast, rode my bike to work, brought my own lunch, and had a leftover lentil soup for dinner. But that's nothing special.

cashstasherat23

• Stubble
« Reply #2432 on: February 09, 2015, 10:27:53 AM »

A few weeks ago my father and I ordered lunch from a Cuban restaurant nearby. They gave me about 10 little plastic containers of salsa when we picked up the order, which I have been using with many meals since then. Once I finish the salsa in a container, I wash the little plastic containers and save them. Today I brought in sauce for my lunch in one of those containers. Of course I just washed it again and will bring it home to reuse. 

I also made a marinade the other day, but then had extra and needed to store it. I had a salsa jar I was going to throw out, but I rinsed it and put the marinade in there!

I also bring oatmeal for lunch every day in a ziploc bag, and then take that bag home at the end of the day to refill with oatmeal! By doing this, I have made a box of 25 ziploc bags last for about 7 months!

Reducing waste and saving money FTW!

Moonwaves

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2433 on: February 09, 2015, 11:05:38 AM »
On Friday I was invited to a friend's after work for dinner. Everyone else was arriving for half-six but I work till seven so had already warned my friend that I'd be late and not there until nearly eight. I ended up not getting out of work until quarter past seven and was feeling a bit bad for being even later than I had said and had very nearly convinced myself to take a taxi when I decided to just take the tram into town and maybe I'd just get a taxi from there out to her place. Sort of a compromise. Thanks to my (relatively) new smartphone however, I was able to check timetables while I was heading into town and I saw that if I walked really fast when I got into town, I should just about be able to make it to the tram to hers that would get me there just a few minutes after eight. And it all worked out - I got there not even ten minutes later than planned and didn't have to spend any extra. I cannot tell you how many times I have paid for taxis just for the sake of not showing up too late so even though it's a small thing, it's always very good for me when I don't do it.

On Saturday, I made chicory, apple and walnut salad with a creme fraiche and lemon dressing to bring to a potluck style dinner. There were fewer people than anticipated so I ended up bringing about half of it home again. And I'm not a huge fan of chicory. Yesterday, I put the leftovers into the oven, added some bacon bits and topped the lot with grated cheese. I still don't like chicory much but bacon bits and cheese can make almost anything taste good so no food waste and a sort of marginally healthy lunch that kept me going all day and away from the chips that I was longing to go out and get instead.

SingleMomDebt

« Reply #2434 on: February 09, 2015, 11:13:46 AM »
Brought my own coffee to work. I filled small plastic container with cream, sugar, instant coffee from home.
Packed my lunch and snacks again, too.

freedomquest

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2435 on: February 09, 2015, 12:20:24 PM »
I am currently making ginger carrot soup with some sad looking carrots from the fridge and some chicken stock I made and froze a few months ago.  I am on a mission to decrease our food costs!

Moonwaves

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2436 on: February 09, 2015, 03:20:06 PM »
Came home truly exhausted after work, wanting only to fall into bed. But still managed to peel and boil some potatoes to put together with the leftover lentil mix from last week and then remembered that I had wanted to make colcannon last week and never gotten around to it so I just put a very thin layer of mash on the lentils and then boiled the small cabbage that was languishing in the fridge and used the rest of the mash to mix with that, along with some leftover bacons bits. Had a big scoop of that (with a generous dollop of butter, of course) as a starter and will have the rest tomorrow for dinner. Feel so much better now.

Lyngi

• Stubble
« Reply #2437 on: February 09, 2015, 06:35:57 PM »
I made chicken white bean chili-used a jar of  old salsa verde, old cans of beans, freezer burned stew veggies.   I also got a hankering to shop online, so  I grabbed my dog and ran around the block

Juslookin

• Bristles
« Reply #2438 on: February 09, 2015, 07:05:57 PM »
Moon waves: Exhausted after work is my kryptonite.   I had a package of chop meat in the fridge that I meant to make into meatballs yesterday and didn't. Sell by date was today, had to be cooked.

After work, homework and dinner I rounded up the team and made two dozen meatballs. They are bubbling away in the pot now. I reaaaaallllyy had to drag my butt in there to do that.  Dinner ready for next two days, hooray!

Kwill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2439 on: February 09, 2015, 07:10:43 PM »
I used some things from the pantry and fridge and freezer today and yesterday because I haven't gotten around to grocery shopping in awhile with all the snow. Breakfast this morning was oatmeal with frozen bits of banana added. Then lunch was salsa-fried rice with scrambled egg and cheddar cheese, sort of a variation on omuraisu. Last night was a stir-fry with odds and ends from the fridge and freezer. Eventually I will need to go grocery shopping but even if I got snowed in tomorrow I could make bread and split pea soup. I haven't bought much yet this month.

I also took care of my neighbors' cat. They've watched mine so many times, saving me catsitting fees.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2440 on: February 09, 2015, 10:57:03 PM »
1) Took advantage of an offer for a free family skate, including a giant cookie and hot chocolate for each skater!

2) Ate leftover soup after skating instead of hitting up McDonald's == the snack filled them up enough to make it home for soup!

3) Looked up recipe for Cranberry Bliss Bars from Starbucks so I can make my own.

4) Found a 50% off snow gear sale today and scooped on ski gloves for the family -- we are going tubing next weekend with Christmas money from Grandma and Grandpa. It was already a discount store, so I ended up getting them for $6 a pair. Also, at the same store I picked up a pair of OSIRIS skate shoes for my son with an original price tag of $119.95 (wildly overpriced name brand) for $27.

5) Returned library material on time -- small miracle!

pancakes

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2441 on: February 10, 2015, 03:42:22 AM »
I got into work early, sat myself down and lodged my expense reimbursements.

It isn't really saving money I know but I always struggle to find time to do it, so much so I had 4 months worth of receipts to work through which amounted to over $200. I'll be glad to have that back in my hands.

BetsyS

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2442 on: February 10, 2015, 05:11:54 AM »
I finally cracked the habit of driving into work 2-3 days a week. Totally unnecessary with the metro right there, and as work pays for my metro pass, saves me about $30-40 a month!

Stash Engineer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2443 on: February 10, 2015, 08:14:03 AM »
Just ordered a Ptel phone to switch from Straighttalk.  Should save me $25/month. 

Lunch leftovers includes grilled chicken that was marinated in a strawberry vinegrette (sp?) dressing that I purchased extremely cheaply on closeout.  No one liked the dressing on their salad (I guess that's why it was on closeout), so I used it as a chicken marinade and it turned out pretty decent.  Tonight we are having sirloin tips in gravy (and not that crappy 'stew beef' they sell).  The sirloin was on sale, plus this package was older than the others and had an additional discount for that.  So I paid $8 for 3.2 lbs of beef sirloin.

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2444 on: February 10, 2015, 09:35:15 AM »
1) Took advantage of an offer for a free family skate, including a giant cookie and hot chocolate for each skater!

2) Ate leftover soup after skating instead of hitting up McDonald's == the snack filled them up enough to make it home for soup!

3) Looked up recipe for Cranberry Bliss Bars from Starbucks so I can make my own.

4) Found a 50% off snow gear sale today and scooped on ski gloves for the family -- we are going tubing next weekend with Christmas money from Grandma and Grandpa. It was already a discount store, so I ended up getting them for $6 a pair. Also, at the same store I picked up a pair of OSIRIS skate shoes for my son with an original price tag of $119.95 (wildly overpriced name brand) for $27.

5) Returned library material on time -- small miracle!

Thank you for this early birthday gift!  I'm going to make them for myself.  :D

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2445 on: February 10, 2015, 09:53:21 AM »
Bought approaching sell by date half and half cheap.  Pour half of it in a glass jar (a trick my grandmother taught me to make it keep longer) for now and froze half of it in another glass jar for later.  Currently enjoying my coffee with real half and half.

lunahsol

• Stubble
« Reply #2446 on: February 10, 2015, 10:54:42 AM »
*  Another day (four consecutive now . . .) of no money spent.  This is getting addicting.

*  homemade food and fresh fruit brought to work for today's lunch/dinner

*  unplugged electronics around the house and will only plug them in, as needed

kander

• Bristles
« Reply #2447 on: February 10, 2015, 11:09:57 AM »
This is the fourth day in a row that we did not turn on our central heating. Whoopie :D

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2448 on: February 10, 2015, 11:23:10 AM »
Brought lunch to work, same as usual. I haven't bought lunch or drinks at work since I started reading this forum a couple months ago. :)

Haven't bought anything since vet appointment 5 days ago (except automatic mortgage, insurance, and tax payments). Haven't used the car since 9 days ago. Instead I've been taking the bus to work and hanging out at home decluttering and discovering the world of selling stuff online. Made $95 so far this month with minimal effort. :)

Nancy

« Reply #2449 on: February 10, 2015, 12:57:28 PM »
Made a big batch of laundry detergent. Ate the frozen taco stew leftovers from a few weeks ago (so good).