Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 8020725 times)

sonofsven

• Handlebar Stache
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #14350 on: February 28, 2021, 06:16:14 PM »
I went fishing to save money on my huge salmon bill.

Nona

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #14351 on: February 28, 2021, 11:56:47 PM »
Got my husband 5 new/nearly new shirts for work at the thrift shop at a fraction of their retail cost.

The zipper on one of my favorite (black Italian leather, 7 years old) pair of boots broke, so I had a shoemaker replace the zippers on both. I really love those boots, they're amazingly well-made and I wasn't looking forward to the headache of replacing them anyway. The new zippers have the added bonus of not getting stuck halfway up like the old ones did.

Dutch Comfort

• Bristles
« Reply #14352 on: March 01, 2021, 05:44:27 AM »
Instead of ordering take-out for Saturday, I will make my own Char-Siu Bao, chinese grilled pork belly and Spring rolls (+ some side dishes...). Ingredients cost around EUR 50-60, but will feed 7 (+ leftovers). Cannot order quality take-out (and have leftovers) for that amount (bonus: I love to cook, so trying a recipes is always good fun for me!).

The pork belly just smells gorgeous, spring roll stuffing is set..... Char-Siu will hit the oven tomorrow morning. Got lazy on the buns and bought ready-to-heat buns at the asian store.
Total ingredients were a little more expensive (Total, including drinks will hit EUR 100, but got good quality meat.). But still way cheaper than dining out for 7 persons. 

Big plus: found 10 euro during my walk!

End result: EUR 100 has fed 7 at Saturday, 6 at Sunday and 2 lunches today. Not bad.... not bad....
So another saving because I brought lunch to the office today!

vand

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14353 on: March 03, 2021, 03:56:25 AM »
Dishwasher tablets!

It amazes me (well not really) what some people will put into their shopping basket when it come to dishwasher tablets.  These are one of those items that are companies make huge margins on from consumers who just just grab a small packet of premium branded tablets off the shelf, you can easily end up paying 25c or so per tablet maybe even more.

So I just ordered a biggish bag of perfectly good tablets that work out at 8c per tablet.

Furthermore, I've always had the habit of breaking my tablets in half.. this is often not possible with some of the more expensive brands that come wrapped in film and have the gimmicky powerball thing - cynically you'd say this was by design.

But there is more than enough detergent in half a tablet to get the job done well.

So you easily pay anything between 4c - 25c per wash depending on how frugal you are with your dishwasher tablets.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #14354 on: March 03, 2021, 05:38:19 AM »
Dishwasher tablets!

It amazes me (well not really) what some people will put into their shopping basket when it come to dishwasher tablets.  These are one of those items that are companies make huge margins on from consumers who just just grab a small packet of premium branded tablets off the shelf, you can easily end up paying 25c or so per tablet maybe even more.

So I just ordered a biggish bag of perfectly good tablets that work out at 8c per tablet.

Furthermore, I've always had the habit of breaking my tablets in half.. this is often not possible with some of the more expensive brands that come wrapped in film and have the gimmicky powerball thing - cynically you'd say this was by design.

But there is more than enough detergent in half a tablet to get the job done well.

So you easily pay anything between 4c - 25c per wash depending on how frugal you are with your dishwasher tablets.

What are the advantages to dishwasher tablets?  I just buy the box of granular dishwasher soap and pour in less than the recommended amount, and my dishes are fine.  I use the liquid rinse agent as well.  I am guessing that grabbing a pod is a bit easier than grabbing a box and pouring, but is here any other advantage?  Especially if you end up cutting them in half anyway, I am not seeing the advantage at all.  I'm not being snarky, please explain the difference.

vand

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14355 on: March 03, 2021, 06:00:32 AM »
Dishwasher tablets!

What are the advantages to dishwasher tablets?  I just buy the box of granular dishwasher soap and pour in less than the recommended amount, and my dishes are fine.  I use the liquid rinse agent as well.  I am guessing that grabbing a pod is a bit easier than grabbing a box and pouring, but is here any other advantage?  Especially if you end up cutting them in half anyway, I am not seeing the advantage at all.  I'm not being snarky, please explain the difference.

It's a good point. I've never used the powder -  I'm guessing that'll be just about the cheapest way.

One advantage of tablets is that many of them (even the cheap ones) have built in salt and rinse aid, so no need for those separate supplies.

middo

• Handlebar Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #14356 on: March 03, 2021, 08:51:06 PM »
Dishwasher tablets!

It's a good point. I've never used the powder -  I'm guessing that'll be just about the cheapest way.

One advantage of tablets is that many of them (even the cheap ones) have built in salt and rinse aid, so no need for those separate supplies.

Our usual tablets for the dishwasher come in packs of 20, but Aldi had a special with them in packs of 100 for about half price.  We bought 4 packs, so about a years worth. 

trashtalk

• Stubble
« Reply #14357 on: March 09, 2021, 09:46:30 AM »
* roasted a whole chicken that was on closeout, and added sliced carrots, parsnips and two whole heads of garlic to the bottom of the roasting pan for the last 45 minutes.

* My wallet was stolen in the fall so I didn’t know my county library card number anymore (I’ve been using our city library system), but finally called the county library to get that sorted and picked up the new card yesterday, so now I’m reading a cookbook that wasn’t available through the city system.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #14358 on: March 11, 2021, 08:25:47 AM »
-Dug out a few salmon patties left over from our kitchen remodel "quick & easy meals" shopping trip. Made those for dinner last night
-Used a gift card to buy new soccer cleats for my son. His entire outer sole has detached from the shoe. How does this happen?
-Sold a few things on eBay, and mail them out with recycled packaging materials

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14359 on: March 11, 2021, 03:54:40 PM »
I have a stomach bug. So I haven't been eating properly since Monday. Saved a lot of money. Still not advisable.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14360 on: March 12, 2021, 02:59:37 PM »
Hope you feel better soon, Imma!

I had ordered a grocery delivery and noticed that they had my favorite moisturizer on sale for a really good price - at least 60% off what I usually pay. Sold in a two-pack. So I added it to my order, but when it arrived there was only a single tub of it. I wrote a note saying what happened and they refunded it without me even asking :-) I'm not even annoyed about not getting two, because it is a large container that takes forever to get through.

I may get a wstdydttsm? demerit for not also asking them to refund the chicken since they substituted it when I marked it "no substitutions," though.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14361 on: March 13, 2021, 06:15:36 AM »
I feel much better already!

I hadn't touched anything in the fridge since last Sunday and some vegetables were getting a bit old. So I just cooked up a few batches of food and froze them in portions. No waste!

While I was in bed, my first seeds have started to sprout as well. Even though the weather outside is still awful, spring is coming!

Well Respected Man

• Stubble
« Reply #14362 on: March 14, 2021, 08:37:20 PM »
I sold a very bulky item on Craigslist, and collected over $200! I was irrationally joyful about this sale, maybe because I've been getting rid of so much stuff on Freecycle. It just felt so good to get back something from all that stuff. I know I gave away items worth more than that this weekend.

kimura

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #14363 on: March 20, 2021, 11:11:39 PM »
Bought a modem, router, and a Roku to eliminate rental charges! I hate Xfinity. I don't want to give them any more money than I have to.

Sugaree

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14364 on: March 22, 2021, 11:06:33 AM »
At the request of my kid, I cancelled Disney+ and picked up a year of Boomerang in it's place.  Boomerang is about $30/year cheaper.  The cost actually isn't that big of a deal, but I try not to have more than three paid streaming services active at any one time because I feel like any more than that is a waste.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #14365 on: March 22, 2021, 02:28:13 PM »
-Saved some old potatoes from the compost bucket by making mashed potatoes
-Used a $1 coupon for groceries we needed
-Continue to sell things we don't need on eBay. Most recent examples. Both of my kids play club soccer, and one also plays for his school team. They like shin guards that insert into the sock. Those shin guards are sold with an optional sleeve, but neither will wear them. As soon as the shin guards were opened & put into the correct soccer bags, I rescued the shin guard sleeves & listed them on eBay. Both sold within a day.

cool7hand

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14366 on: March 23, 2021, 04:29:55 AM »
I was looking to replace a wicking guide shirt that I've used for fishing for ten years but finally failed. I found a quality shirt from last year that a retailer was selling on Amazon for more than 60% off.

MyAlterEgoIsTaller

• Stubble
« Reply #14367 on: March 24, 2021, 12:21:22 PM »
Paid my propane bill quickly enough to get the 10 cent per gallon discount for paying quickly.  Mailed it in a recycled junk mail envelope, on which I covered the junk mail organization's name with a verrrry old label saved from a pack of floppy disks.

Dutch Comfort

• Bristles
« Reply #14368 on: March 30, 2021, 01:48:10 AM »
DD will change to a different school-level and will get French/German classes. Picked up French and German dictionaries from the BuyNothing group instead of buying them. Saved 40 EUR!

Arbitrage

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14369 on: March 31, 2021, 10:36:01 AM »
Here was an unexpected bit of savings:

My credit union forgot to process the wire transfer request I filled out in order to purchase our new house.  That's right, they just forgot.  I discovered it after they had closed for the night, and as a small credit union they offer next to no support when people aren't in the office. 

I finally managed to contact them when they reopened this morning, and and the transaction was just completed.  The one thing saving me - and them - in this debacle is the fact that I decided to wire the money a day earlier than required to be on the safe side.

I made it clear that "at a minimum, I would not expect to be charged for this wire transfer."  8 bucks saved! 

By the way, I do not recommend this savings approach.  In no world is 8 bucks worth losing an entire night of sleep to fretting (and likely several weeks of life due to the stress).

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14370 on: April 02, 2021, 11:11:23 AM »
~Bought cleaning supplies and a much needed new rubbers spatula at a dollar store.
~Continuing to keep my grocery/HBA cost around $300 a month.  Ordering online knowing the total ahead of time helps.
~Been incorporating more veggie suppers into our meal plans to save money on expensive proteins.
~Secured a half cow to go halves on with a friend which is way cheaper than buying grocery store beef.
~According to my spreadsheet, unnecessary spending was around $1,000 less Q1 this year vs. 2020 Q1.
~After making a donation, the rest of my stimulus check went into my IRA.
~We are in the process of refinancing our mortgage in order to rid of PMI.  This plus the reduced rate will save us $400 a month.  I'll keep paying the same amount for a quicker payoff.
~Continuing to post on the MMM Eat All the Food in Your House thread.
~Reduced alcohol consumption.  :)
~Avoided an impulse item for the new grand nephew

Fish Sweet

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14371 on: April 06, 2021, 02:15:07 PM »
Transferred my EIP card balance to my bank account so that I can stretch a bit more money out of it via credit card cash back.

Unearthed a limited edition t-shirt I bought several years back and has since gone up in price.  I had actually bought two of this shirt because I liked the design so much, but shirt #1 is still making the rounds in my closet so I'll get around to selling the second shirt and getting that money back + a little extra.

Loretta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14372 on: April 07, 2021, 04:24:26 AM »
I am returning some Stuff to Amazon that didn’t work out quite right. I also received a free sample of Xyzal allergy pills in the mail which also included a paper coupon.  Yay for free samples and coupons in my hour of need!  Everything is blooming here and while it is lovely it’s also inflammatory.

Planning to take my Dyson upright to their repair shop Sat AM when they open as it’s stopped sucking up hair and cat fur.  I have taken it apart repeat myself and don’t see the problem. Repair should be covered under their warranty.

ohsnap

• Bristles
« Reply #14373 on: April 07, 2021, 02:55:23 PM »
We moved into a house a few months ago with a smaller kitchen.  It means less counter space, so I moved the paper towels from a spool on the counter to under the sink.  We are using WAY fewer towels!  I still use them for particularly messy jobs (e.g. wiping out a greasy skillet), but my husband no longer uses 2-4 half sheets every time he wants to wipe anything on the counter down.  Instead he grabs the dish cloth next to the sink, that I switch out once or twice daily.   I wish I had figured this out years ago!

Freedomin5

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14374 on: April 07, 2021, 03:09:02 PM »
Took the subway to an amusement park for $1 each way instead of taking a taxi ($20 each way). Spent $30 for tickets to play for the day instead of spending $140 for tickets to Disneyland, which was next to the amusement park.

Jenny Wren

• Pencil Stache
  • Just another dharma bum
« Reply #14375 on: April 07, 2021, 05:02:45 PM »
The spouse and I doubled up on appointment times by accident -- I had vaccination at 12:05 and she had DMV at 12:45. So we carpooled since they were in the same general area. Saved a minute amount of gas.

We did treat ourselves to lunch takeout, but we split a tofu bahn mi and drank the water we brought with us, so it could have been worse.

Foraged some nettles and bittercress. We have a bunch of sweet potatoes on hand that adult kid dropped off Saturday because he apparently hates sweet potatoes now. So we are gonna have sweet potatoes stuffed with foraged pesto for dinner. Maybe free and foraged food makes up for the takeout?

Gerard

• Handlebar Stache
    • Optimacheap
« Reply #14376 on: April 09, 2021, 04:09:21 PM »
This year, I finally foraged garlic mustard before it got old and bitter. Boiled it up, then made it into fritters for lunch. Pretty good.

Also, my sweetie and I both got gigantic hauls of library books that we reserved online for curbside pickup.

Loretta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14377 on: April 11, 2021, 07:26:17 PM »
I cooked up a skillet full of Sloppy Joe for my dinner.  I’ll eat it again a couple nights this week.  I always had canned Manwich as a kid and this recipe is much tastier IMHO.  https://kentrollins.com/cowboy-sloppy-joes/

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #14378 on: April 12, 2021, 05:20:04 PM »
Came home late from a long weekend, and debating takeout (for six, so would have been crazy pricey), but overcame my laziness & went to the store, picked up a few things, & made dinner that will last for two meals for the week.

Also, used $10 of grocery rewards to offset the above purchase.

Gerard

• Handlebar Stache
    • Optimacheap
« Reply #14379 on: April 13, 2021, 08:15:00 PM »
Harvested a big bag of garlic mustard (an invasive weed that the city is trying to get rid of) from non-pesticided land and turned it into fritters for supper.

Dutch Comfort

• Bristles
« Reply #14380 on: April 14, 2021, 06:51:41 AM »
Will get a free haircut from the local school of hairdressers....... wish me luck!

lazycow

• Bristles
« Reply #14381 on: April 15, 2021, 08:03:41 PM »
Cut 3 inches off my hair and gave it a light layering. After years of hating every haircut I had at the hairdresser's, and resenting the time and money it took, I am so happy with the results. Helps to have longish, wavy hair though!

Dutch Comfort

• Bristles
« Reply #14382 on: April 16, 2021, 02:47:57 AM »
Will get a free haircut from the local school of hairdressers....... wish me luck!

Got the free haircut and they also wanted to give DD (who joined me) a free haircut since her hair is long and asian, so not that common in Europe. So 2 haircuts for free and they turned out good!

Also cancelled my travel insurance. Will get a new one in the post-COVID world. Received a refund for the prepayment without needing to ask for it!

FragglesRock666

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #14383 on: April 18, 2021, 09:17:35 PM »
I have MS, and my medicine has "flu-like symptoms" as a side effect. So I always take my shot on Saturday night so I can feel like crap Sunday and be ready for work Monday. I *really* wanted to order Chinese fried rice for lunch today, but instead I ate leftovers out of the fridge.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14384 on: April 19, 2021, 05:26:37 AM »
I have MS, and my medicine has "flu-like symptoms" as a side effect. So I always take my shot on Saturday night so I can feel like crap Sunday and be ready for work Monday. I *really* wanted to order Chinese fried rice for lunch today, but instead I ate leftovers out of the fridge.

Well done! I take medication with similar side effects and I find it hard to resist spending money on comfort items on days like that. I spend my days off feeling like crap so I can be an efficient worker on Mondays. So at days like that I do feel like I deserve to not spend even more energy cooking dinner. I'm very frugal and we have huge savings rate, so "treating myself" is usually still cheap and something I can afford, but I hate having the urge. I find it hard to identify what is "good" self-care and "bad" self-indulgence.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14385 on: April 19, 2021, 12:08:44 PM »

Got the free haircut and they also wanted to give DD (who joined me) a free haircut since her hair is long and asian, so not that common in Europe. So 2 haircuts for free and they turned out good!

Also cancelled my travel insurance. Will get a new one in the post-COVID world. Received a refund for the prepayment without needing to ask for it!

I got a haircut from a local school once, it was normally $3-4 but they had a military discount where it was free. I felt bad for the guy cutting my hair because it seemed like I was the first person he had ever cut their hair. It took probably 45 minutes for a simple military haircut (basically shave the top down to half an inch or so, shave the sides, then blend them together). As I was leaving the manager came over and wanted to refund my money since it had taken so long but I told him it was already free due to the military discount.

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14386 on: April 20, 2021, 10:16:06 AM »
I made a bird proof cover for our strawberries out of branches trimmed from our overgrown crepe myrtle and some string and plastic mesh we already had.  Our plants are just covered with blooms and berries and I am so looking forward to them!  I was especially motivated to get this chore done because we're expecting significant freezing this week and this frame will make it easy to cover the berries safely too. Proud of myself for not buying wood or anything else.  This should work well and last a few years and be easy to maintain.

jeromedawg

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14387 on: April 22, 2021, 02:06:58 PM »
This was more a "over the course of a month" type of thing but my FIL dragged home a portable basketball hoop (made by Lifetime) and tried to reassemble it but had no clue what he was doing. Over the last couple trips, I took it apart and reassembled it, finally getting it back to what it's *supposed* to be this past weekend. But huge shoutout to Lifetime for their support - there were a dozen pieces/parts missing and I emailed them asking about the cost to send those pieces out. They asked me what pieces were missing and sent everything out free of charge - they actually messed up on the order and didn't include all the pieces, and I realized I didn't order some other pieces I needed but they went ahead and shipped those pieces out (they actually sent the order twice because of a mix-up). Anyway, regardless of how trivial it sounds, it was super satisfying getting the hoop back into proper working condition. It's in pretty good condition too - not sure why anyone would throw something like that out.

Jenny Wren

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14388 on: April 22, 2021, 05:02:13 PM »
I got a last minute notice that the water was going to be cut off all day due to some issue with the city line. It was 8 am with the water to be cut off at 9. I rushed and filled up the big camping water jug, ran the dishwasher, and made dinner and stuck it in the fridge just in case the water wasn't back on this evening -- had to proactively eliminate takeout excuses.

I made an Italian scarpaccia (Zucchini tart). It should be much tastier than takeout!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #14389 on: April 22, 2021, 05:42:51 PM »
Picked radish greens to use for dinner tonight

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #14390 on: April 23, 2021, 10:00:17 AM »
I made a delicious quiche from scratch using perennial leeks from our garden and eggs from our chickens.   

Bradfurd

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #14391 on: April 28, 2021, 08:38:39 AM »
Bought roof materials myself and carried 69 bundles of shingles up a ladder and staged them on my roof rather than paying a supply house an extra $500 to deliver and stage.

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14392 on: April 28, 2021, 01:29:41 PM »
~Received my bonus and maxed out my IRA
~Because of the above, I will now open a SEP IRA
~Business meetings were held at a casino, and I did zero gambling
~Asked DH to pick up an office supply I ordered online which will save me the $8+ delivery fee
~Continuing to post on the Eat All the Food in Your House MMM thread
~Keeping the grocery/HBA monthly order to around $300

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #14393 on: April 28, 2021, 04:45:48 PM »
-Picked spinach from our garden (planted from seed, which I'm very excited by, as I have zero green thumb abilities).
-Sold an (unused) travel toiletry that I've had lingering around forever. Grateful to get it out of the house, and make a little money.

Jenny Wren

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14394 on: May 01, 2021, 07:27:22 AM »
I have convergence insufficiency, which means my eyes go wall-eyed when focusing close up, so I have glasses I wear for close up stuff. I'm constantly taking them on and off, and the nose pieces tangle in my hair if I try to move them on top of my head.

Finger knit a chain from pretty yarn. Cut two tiny washers from a silicone cap from one of those cannabis vape cartridges (spouse's vice, so always a couple lying around). Tied chain to washers, slid washers over glass's arms, and voila - an old lady glass's chain! Works like a charm in the evening when I'm going back and forth between TV, reading, crafting, what have you.

I also started making a big old length of fabric twine from scraps. Want to try my hand at making a rope basket, but don't want to buy rope.

Loretta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14395 on: May 01, 2021, 02:49:23 PM »
I saved money--I think--by having toe surgery yesterday morning on both feet for a genetic deformity where my 4th toe was curling at the first knuckle.  In preparation I disposed of worn out socks and worn out, uncomfortable shoes.  I go for my surgical followup appointment Tues.  The toes were becoming less and less flexible and more and more friction was occurring so I am hoping 43 was the right age to be doing this.  I'm taking the week off work to recover at home and chill.  I'm saving money in this scenario by reducing my need for fancy expensive work shoes that are always uncomfortable in the toe box, and things like the silicone sleeves I've been wearing on these toes to reduce frictions. 

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14396 on: May 01, 2021, 03:59:01 PM »
I saved money--I think--by having toe surgery yesterday morning on both feet for a genetic deformity where my 4th toe was curling at the first knuckle.  In preparation I disposed of worn out socks and worn out, uncomfortable shoes.  I go for my surgical followup appointment Tues.  The toes were becoming less and less flexible and more and more friction was occurring so I am hoping 43 was the right age to be doing this.  I'm taking the week off work to recover at home and chill.  I'm saving money in this scenario by reducing my need for fancy expensive work shoes that are always uncomfortable in the toe box, and things like the silicone sleeves I've been wearing on these toes to reduce frictions.

Hope you feel better! I have a piece of glass in the bottom my foot than I need to make an appointment to get it removed soon. Put it off during the pandemic. But I have a colonoscopy and another doctor appointment coming up so will wait till the dust settles. On top of that I have not had my hair cut in over a year due the pandemic so maybe I saved money on that? I am Wanda the witch with my long hair!

Fish Sweet

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14397 on: May 01, 2021, 04:50:16 PM »
Walked to the post office to drop off some packages instead of driving, saving maybe a few dimes in gas & car insurance (I pay per mile) and giving legs a change to stretch and exercise.

Jenny Wren

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14398 on: May 02, 2021, 07:24:50 AM »
Normally when we are going on a bit of a drive to a hike, we treat ourselves with coffee first. Instead, I made an iced coffee and an iced London fog before leaving the house.

We also did quite a bit of foraging of spring greens and we found a new berry spot for when those ripen in a month or two.

Nettle stings on my wrist - seems the formic acid has temporarily relieved my carpal tunnel. Not a recommended way to save money, though!

Dutch Comfort

• Bristles
« Reply #14399 on: May 03, 2021, 05:13:26 AM »
- Brought lunch and snacks to the office
- Had leftover strawberries for breakfast
- 10yo put some pumpkin / tomato / zucchini and cucumber seeds that he received for free in the ground. Let's see if we will have free veggies in a few months time!
- Cooked fresh asparagus yesterday, saved the cooking water and put it in the freezer to make a delicious soup later on.
- Used a gift card for some delicious fresh bread from the local bakery (which I brought for lunch to the office.... double savings!!!)
- Used leftover veggies and chicken for a nice stir fried rice casserolle. Another day of cooking done!
- Made shorts from old knee-damaged (no, not the kind of damaged jeans you just buy in the store) jeans for 10yo.