Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 8020655 times)

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #2200 on: January 20, 2015, 12:45:11 PM »
2nd day of the new job (first job after university <3), 1st day cycling there. It was -5°C and ~32km (20mls) round-trip.

I got cold because of too much sweating and was pretty exhausted on the last few kilometers ... more food next time prior to the ride!

Feels great. :)

btw .. the trip saved me 6,20€ on public transport or 6€ of car costs. 8-)

Right on!

be

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2201 on: January 20, 2015, 01:18:03 PM »
Sewed the arm hole of my pjs. 

A friend invited me to dinner on Fri and suggested burgers instead of Japanese.  So less than $5 vs $22.  However after dinner we went to a Korean store where I found these hanging things with multiple clothes pins, perfect for drying socks and other small things.  I too line dry my clothes.  I have a hanging thing, but it broke and I am still able to use it with a temporary fix, but I don't know for how much longer.  So I bought several since I have a hard time finding them. 

So I didn't save as much from dinner, but I did buy something I needed and will use for a long time.  And that thing does help me air dry laundry which is a money saver.  And I say during the hot, dry summer, air drying does help cool down the house.  Evaporation and all.

be

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2202 on: January 20, 2015, 01:21:13 PM »
Oh and I forgot to mention switching my phone company.  My bill went down from $24 before taxes to $10 before taxes.  They wanted to charge me $20 for installation which I thought was outrageous.  Luckily the rep said if it was a deal breaker, he would waive it.  So I got the installation charge waived.  Yes as a percent it was huge.  After he agreed to waive it, I said yes, sign me up.

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2203 on: January 20, 2015, 01:35:59 PM »
Turned of the heat and put on my new-to-me wool socks this morning. 

dunhamjr

• Stubble
  • mustachian in training est. July 14
« Reply #2204 on: January 20, 2015, 04:34:34 PM »
not mustachian... we have cable.  i have tried to convince my wife we dont need it.  it hasnt worked yet. :(

however.
i did call and complain to centurylink (internet) and directv (cable) today, and will be saving what sounds like is a combined $60/mo for the next 12 months.  then i will have to call in again to complain about the prices... unless i get extraordinarily lucky and can convince my wife to cut back or completely on the cable tv by then.

not a bad payoff of $60/mo for 1 hr effort.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2205 on: January 20, 2015, 05:25:21 PM »
Made iced tea out of the 2 pots of tea left over from company yesterday. This felt very rewarding even though the cost savings was negligible. 

Hung a load of laundry to dry.

Kept the heat off and lights off during the day.

Tried a new recipe from a flyer that came in the mail -- prevented me from ordering dinner in. I've been feeling rather uninspired in the kitchen for a few days.

Sent in my organ donor application that came with my licence today. This didn't save me any money, but maybe I will save a life :-)

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2206 on: January 20, 2015, 05:36:36 PM »
Took a tub of chicken salad left over from a family event and half a loaf of bread to work today, and thus lunch is done for the week.

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2207 on: January 20, 2015, 05:44:41 PM »

Sent in my organ donor application that came with my licence today. This didn't save me any money, but maybe I will save a life

Recycling the usable parts is always mustachian

Astatine

• Magnum Stache
  • Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2208 on: January 20, 2015, 06:50:16 PM »
Repurposed yet another empty cardboard box into an enrichment feeding toy for the cats. (on advice from the vet, but my goal is not to spend any actual money on cat toys)

Any chance for some pictures or guide for this?  I'm looking at trying to make cheap/free cat toys as well for a stray I took in.

Here's a picture (hope I've attached it correctly - haven't done it on this forum before). As you can see, it's all super simple stuff. Our cats aren't highly motivated by food nor are particularly smart when it comes to solving puzzles.

Before their behavioural issues started a couple of months ago (and why we're doing food enrichment activities to try to help with that), both cats had a bunch of toys that they liked to play with (and no longer do, sadly, due to behavioural issues). I think our cats are intrinsically MMM when it comes to their toys - any cat toys purchased from a shop were generally ignored. Instead, their favourite toys was stuff of ours that they appropriated:

- ribbon from a Christmas gift from a friend (best toy ever, one carried it around with her and we'd find it in odd places)
- chunky hair bands
- ID plastic bracelets from hospital admissions
- wooden small massager thing
- pens (no pen was safe)
- magazines or shiny paper (they like to rub their paws on these, and one likes to lie on them or rub her back on them - very strange)
- squishy stress balls that I got given as a freebie (cat soccer is hilarious!)
- box lids (some cats like cardboard boxes; ours just like to sit on the box lid)
- anything small that can be batted around by a paw

There is also some info online if you google how to DIY cat toys, but I'm just starting with super simple stuff until they get better at fishing out their food (I don't want them to starve!).

peppermint

• Stubble
« Reply #2209 on: January 20, 2015, 08:16:36 PM »
Got my boots resoled. I have been putting off this task for a long time, and I'm thrilled that they are good to go again. Yay!

homehandymum

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2210 on: January 20, 2015, 08:22:15 PM »
Remembered that I could park in the hospital carpark for free, if I put my appointment letter on the dash. = saved $2 in parking

Resisted the very veery strong temptation to buy coffee and a pastry after my hospital appointment.  Drove straight to my friends house (who was looking after my kids) and he made me coffee instead. = saved $10 in impulse food

Posted a book that I sold via online auction site, which I packaged myself in brown paper and packing tape, rather than using a prepaid bag. = made $7 in found money (the book, plus the cost of packaging).

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2211 on: January 20, 2015, 08:29:47 PM »
Tonight I made fried rice from leftover rice (made for a group dinner on Saturday night)+eggs+a small amount of frozen peas that were a little freeze burnt. 

I also made breakfast for the rest of the week.  Smoothies!  I used up the last of the strawberries.  I also added frozen peaches and mango, milk, and plain yogurt. 

Sent in my organ donor application that came with my licence today. This didn't save me any money, but maybe I will save a life

Recycling the usable parts is always mustachian
Haha!  Congrats on recycling your organs, 1967mama!

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #2212 on: January 20, 2015, 09:35:02 PM »
I lost the charger for my iPod back in October, so finally broke down and ordered a replacement, along with a pre-order of Downton Abbey a few weeks ago.  Even though the items were coming from different places, Amazon wouldn't ship the charger free until the end of January when DA is released.  This morning I found my charger (in a shoe, wtf?), so went in an cancelled the whole order.  We can record the show or get it on NetFlix.  $38 saved.

Made a delicious chowder for dinner out of random veggies, ham that's been languishing in the fridge since Easter, taters and homemade turkey stock.  Super cheap and will get a lunch or two out of the leftovers.

Have been gluing veggie seeds onto paper towels each night for easy succession planting of lettuces and root vegetables throughout the spring/summer.

Kwill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2213 on: January 20, 2015, 09:42:16 PM »
... pre-order of Downton Abbey a few weeks ago.  Even though the items were coming from different places, Amazon wouldn't ship the charger free until the end of January when DA is released.  This morning I found my charger (in a shoe, wtf?), so went in an cancelled the whole order.  We can record the show or get it on NetFlix.  $38 saved.

Good for you finding your charger. You can watch Downton Abbey free on the PBS website for now. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/downtonabbey/ They might take the episodes down a little while after the season ends so that people have a reason to buy the DVDs.

As for my small thing to save money, I made bread in the breadmaker tonight, which I'll use for toast and sandwiches.

Moonwaves

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2214 on: January 21, 2015, 05:19:45 AM »
Yesterday I decided that a bread roll might not be a bad thing, if it would help me eating my not-great leek and potato soup for lunch again. As I was standing at the counter in the bakery, trying to decide what sort to get I was very hungry (no snacking between breakfast and lunch yesterday - hooray for me!) and wondering whether or not I should get two rolls when it occured to me that I could get two rolls for €1.20 or half a loaf of bread (I got it sliced and there were 10 slices) for €1.05. Had two slices with the soup and still have plenty leftover for this evening. Have the last full portion of the soup with me for lunch today and brought a small tin of sardines in to have with bread this evening before choir. It's often very tempting to just grab chips or something in town on those evenings when I go straight from work to something else without going home but not tonight.

Had to get a new password and changed it to include the words "no" and "spend" (among other letters and numbers of course) - did this last time and included the name of the multivitamins I've been taking and it really helped with remembering to take it regularly. Kind of like a type of subliminal message to not spend money.

Gerard

• Handlebar Stache
    • Optimacheap
« Reply #2215 on: January 21, 2015, 07:33:08 AM »
I'm "eating the fridge" before going away for a few days. That meant chicken and barley soup for breakfast this morning. Turns out I really like soup for breakfast! It's very warming/comforting.

sunshine

• Stubble
« Reply #2216 on: January 21, 2015, 07:38:58 AM »
Have a fire going in the wood stove since I am home today.

Eating leftover chili for breakfast and lunch

packed my spouses lunch

dried a load of clothes on the drying rack

cooking a whole chicken tonight I got marked down for .68 a pound. The veggies to go with it tonight were frozen from our garden.

I will be making chicken salad out of some of the leftovers for lunches tomorrow and using the rest for fahitas for dinner tomorrow
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 07:48:26 AM by sunshine »

divsnowball

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Dividend Snowball
« Reply #2217 on: January 21, 2015, 07:46:43 AM »
I bought a modem so comcast would quit charging me $10 a month to rent theirs!!!  My bill mysteriously went up $2 so I went on to look and realized they raised my modem rental from $8 to $10!

rocksinmyhead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2218 on: January 21, 2015, 07:58:27 AM »
Had to get a new password and changed it to include the words "no" and "spend" (among other letters and numbers of course) - did this last time and included the name of the multivitamins I've been taking and it really helped with remembering to take it regularly. Kind of like a type of subliminal message to not spend money.

ahhh I do this too with goals!! love it :)

BF and I usually take our dinner leftovers for lunch, but we didn't have much leftover from last night. I was pondering going home for lunch to make something, but not sure I would have time, and was sort of planning on just buying something overpriced from the work cafeteria when I remembered... we still had leftover split pea soup from the weekend! it's filling and delicious :)

also, I have a dinner planned for tonight that involves using up what we have on hand/no trip to the grocery store... saves time AND money!

lunahsol

• Stubble
« Reply #2219 on: January 21, 2015, 11:05:03 AM »
*  froze 4 cups of homemade spicy black beans (made in crockpot) for later use in making tamales
*  used a quilt for warmth rather than the heater
*  made hummus from a 69 cent can of garbanzos rather than buy premade (I know, can do better by using dry beans next time)
*  waited 2 hours for bread dough to rise to make bread rather than buy it at the store

First post - yay!  I love this thread :) 

netskyblue

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2220 on: January 21, 2015, 11:48:51 AM »
Forgot my Kindle at home this morning, so had nothing to "do" on my lunch hour.

I rejected:
Going home to get it (~$1.20 in gas)
Playing around on the internet on my phone (~$3, if I keep under 100MB of data, which I usually do, BECAUSE I don't play around on it)

So I ate the soup I brought for lunch, slowly, and then just sat.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #2221 on: January 21, 2015, 12:41:21 PM »
... pre-order of Downton Abbey a few weeks ago.  Even though the items were coming from different places, Amazon wouldn't ship the charger free until the end of January when DA is released.  This morning I found my charger (in a shoe, wtf?), so went in an cancelled the whole order.  We can record the show or get it on NetFlix.  $38 saved.

Good for you finding your charger. You can watch Downton Abbey free on the PBS website for now. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/downtonabbey/ They might take the episodes down a little while after the season ends so that people have a reason to buy the DVDs.

As for my small thing to save money, I made bread in the breadmaker tonight, which I'll use for toast and sandwiches.

Good to know.  It's stupid, but I like to buy the whole season of shows so I can binge-watch them if I feel like it.  I'm pretty inept at streaming shows to the TV, but could figure it out or get DH to do it if I'm too impatient to wait for them to show up on the DVR.  I always re-sell the discs when I'm done, but it's still a net loss, so still pretty stupid.

Netskyblue - you could always load your Kindle book onto your phone while you're on wifi, then you'll have something to read when you forget the Kindle.

Stayed home sick today, so I'm eating up the random leftovers instead of making anything new.

Probably not saving me actual money, but I'm working from home this afternoon to reduce the amount of sick leave used.  It's reassuring having a nice fat stash of sick leave.

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2222 on: January 21, 2015, 01:44:51 PM »
*  froze 4 cups of homemade spicy black beans (made in crockpot) for later use in making tamales
*  used a quilt for warmth rather than the heater
*  made hummus from a 69 cent can of garbanzos rather than buy premade (I know, can do better by using dry beans next time)
*  waited 2 hours for bread dough to rise to make bread rather than buy it at the store

First post - yay!  I love this thread :)
Welcome!

I carpooled to work.  I packed both breakfast and lunch from home.  Brewed several cups of tea while at work.  I invited some friends to a free workout class next month instead of another happy hour or dinner out.

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2223 on: January 21, 2015, 01:48:02 PM »
Made my first home made lasagna noodles today. 

Armer Student

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2224 on: January 21, 2015, 01:51:22 PM »
2nd day of the new job (first job after university <3), 1st day cycling there. It was -5°C and ~32km (20mls) round-trip.

I got cold because of too much sweating and was pretty exhausted on the last few kilometers ... more food next time prior to the ride!

Feels great. :)

btw .. the trip saved me 6,20€ on public transport or 6€ of car costs. 8-)

today I removed a layer of clothing -- still enough warmth for me. Packed lunch, biked, saved >10€ today.

I feel so great tonight. No exhaustion, only (or "just"?) "pure cycling pleasure" as my employer would put it. :)

swick

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2225 on: January 21, 2015, 02:04:49 PM »
Made my first home made lasagna noodles today.

Nice! Homemade pasta is so much tastier!

I made a batch of homemade sundried tomato and herb fettuccine and sauce for the freezer for my Hubby to eat while I am out of town. Also made some veggie korrma and apricot chicken tajine and rice for his lunches, a batch of mini  breads and some double stuffed baked potatoes.

netskyblue

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2226 on: January 21, 2015, 02:13:03 PM »
Netskyblue - you could always load your Kindle book onto your phone while you're on wifi, then you'll have something to read when you forget the Kindle.

True, but they don't tell us employees the company wi-fi password :(  There's no place nearby that I know of that has free wi-fi.

Hadilly

• Bristles
« Reply #2227 on: January 21, 2015, 04:51:23 PM »
Locked in a refinance today! 625k, 3.75%, no points! (We have a condo and weird restrictions on lenders, so this is a great deal for us)

This will allow us to pay off our annoying second mortgage with deferred interest, saving us lots of money moving forward and when we ultimately sell.

Realized there is a cheaper DIY flooring alternative than the 6k job we had been contemplating. Yeah! Money not yet saved, but the planning is underway.

dunhamjr

• Stubble
  • mustachian in training est. July 14
« Reply #2228 on: January 21, 2015, 06:31:58 PM »
Swapped both my primary and rental unit home owners insurance from $2500 to $5000 deductibles.
Saving $142 and $68 for the next year.

Kwill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2229 on: January 21, 2015, 07:50:56 PM »
... I'm pretty inept at streaming shows to the TV, but could figure it out or get DH to do it if I'm too impatient to wait for them to show up on the DVR.
I don't have a TV, but I have a comfy chair in front of my home PC. Pretty much comes to the same thing if I'm just watching by myself.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2230 on: January 21, 2015, 10:36:49 PM »
Took smaller car instead of van on a 2 hour roundtrip visit to friend's house.

Left the heat off while we were away today.

Hung up a load of laundry tonight on drying racks.

Ate dinner from the freezer instead of stopping at drivethru on the way home from all day visit. Food wasn't very healthy (fish sticks and french fries) but was cheaper than the alternative.  I like to keep "emergency food" in my freezer for days such as these.

firelight

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2231 on: January 22, 2015, 04:08:24 AM »
Stopped at library to pick books for the next two weeks.

Returned something we had bought earlier but didn't use (earlier it would remain as clutter, now its reclaimed money)

Asked doctor to give prescription for my baby's formula so it can be covered by insurance instead of being out of pocket

lunahsol

• Stubble
« Reply #2232 on: January 22, 2015, 10:28:43 AM »
*  It is payday!  Gave every dollar a "job" and transferred/withdrew, accordingly.  Now just have to follow the plan.
*  Brought leftover homemade hummus and bread to work for lunch.
*  Researching a couple "side hustle" ideas.

OSUBearCub

• Bristles
  • Tackling student loan debt/not saving dryer lint.
« Reply #2233 on: January 22, 2015, 10:42:46 AM »
I do my own laundry in my studio apartment with a portable washing machine.  Lately, I've been a little lazy and have been paying to dry the laundry in the apartment complex laundry room dryers.  Kicked myself in the butt this week and pulled out the drying rack again.  Saved about $5.

Tonight I'm going to prepare the ingredients for slow-cooker chicken tikka masala.  I'll fire up the crockpot tomorrow morning and have dinner (and lunch and dinner and lunch) done for the rest of the weekend. :-)  Bonus points - I'm de-skinning and de-boning the chicken thighs myself.  Saved another $5 over buying boneless/skinless thighs.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2234 on: January 22, 2015, 11:42:02 AM »
I enjoy reading this thread SO much! It's like my
Daily Dose of frugality booster medicine! I thought of something this morning that I'm going to try. I'm going to put a scrap piece of paper in my kitchen and joy down all the little frugal things I do in the day today to see if I can push myself harder than I usually do :-)

Joggernot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2235 on: January 22, 2015, 12:47:32 PM »
Raining all day so tried to read a book.  Then, being the kind that can't sit still for long, went and found a use for that shelf we've packed with us to two houses.  Cut to length, drilled holes in an existing entertainment center, installed clips, and installed the shelf.  Thus, added a new shelf in less than 30 minutes.  Now back to the book.

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2236 on: January 22, 2015, 01:23:02 PM »
You guys are rocking it!

Just had leftovers from yesterday's lunch for today's lunch.

Dried beans soaking at home, will put into the slow cooker with Sunday's ham hock.

Was going to visit a client's job site and called first with no answer so didn't go.  Saved a 30 mile round trip.

Have reduced the amount of coffee I put into the machine every morning.

We're having leftover ham steaks from Sunday's pork butt tonight for supper.

Despite the 20 degree weather, I parked farther away from the office today.

Kitchen duty last night:  I use store brand vinegar to clean, and didn't run the dishwasher because it's not completely full.

Double checked my check register and am glad I did.  I added instead of subtracted an entry and am glad I caught the error!

We aren't turning up the heat, instead we're wearing socks, slippers and blankets while lounging in the evenings.  Our bed has 3 blankets on it and is soooo comfortable.  Our December 2014 utility bill was $2.14 less than 2013. :)

**Am researching low carb unsweetened almond milk recipe ideas if anyone has any.  I've got nearly a full carton to use up in the next 2 days.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 02:34:39 PM by MountainGal »

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2237 on: January 22, 2015, 01:49:23 PM »
Forgot to pack my lunch.  I ate some of my food stash from my office closet. 

Currently drinking water.

For breakfast, I had a premade smoothie (strawberries, spinach, peaches, yogurt and milk) and a few cups of hot tea.

10dollarsatatime

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2238 on: January 22, 2015, 03:18:54 PM »
Didn't have to work today, except for an hour, in which we met for lunch at a restaurant. (Work paid!)  Instead of pulling out the car, I walked the 2ish miles.  And then took the long way back to the house afterwards.  Didn't go to the dollar movie afterward... more because it was a nice day out and I wanted a walk than to save the dollar, but still.  I saved a dollar.

Picked up a half marathon entry last night at a super huge discount when nobody bid on it during silent auction fundraiser.  $15 for an entry that usually costs $85?  I'll take that.  Bonus:  Now I really have no excuse not to go running...

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2239 on: January 22, 2015, 04:54:12 PM »
10dollarsatatime, I LOVE your screen name! That's so great!

midweststache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2240 on: January 22, 2015, 05:04:35 PM »
Leftovers for lunch. (Different) leftovers for dinner. Skipped the beer that usually goes with chili leftovers--had a half glass of milk (to counter the heat) and my big reusable bottle of water instead.

Requested books from the library instead of going straight to Amazon.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2241 on: January 22, 2015, 05:53:33 PM »
Sometimes finding something to post here is hard. I checked it audiobooks from the library today, but I can't say I saved any money because there's no way I would ever buy an audiobook. So I spent a little extra in the form of gas because the library is about four miles out of my way.

I packed my lunch and my husband's, but I always do. I cooked supper, but that's what I do on week nights at the very least (actually getting much better about eating out on weekends now).

I didn't buy anything, but that's normal, too, unless I need gas to get to work.

First world problems, huh?

Zaga

• Magnum Stache
    • A Wall of Hats
« Reply #2242 on: January 22, 2015, 06:50:59 PM »
Weird one.  I wanted a pair of fleece lined leggings, but didn't want to pay for them.  Also the website I often buy that sort of thing from only had them in packs of 3 or 6!

So I sent a message to my best friend, and she has 12 pairs from the same website.  She's giving me 2 :-)  We trade clothes and things all the time, love it!  I promised her some scented candles I no longer want, so next time I see her we'll trade.

takeahike

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2243 on: January 22, 2015, 10:30:51 PM »
Made 3.8 litres of butternut squash soup for about $6. I used to buy it premade at approx $1 per mL. That's about $38 worth of soup for $6. Yay.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 10:36:30 PM by takeahike »

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2244 on: January 23, 2015, 01:40:07 AM »
Cooked a turkey bought on sale at Thanksgiving. It tasted wonderful!

Hung a load of laundry. Trying really hard to make this a habit. Looking forward to outdoor line drying again in the spring.

Bleached a white (now pinkish) sweater for the 2nd time today, trying to salvage it.

Stretched my loose tea leaves to 3 cups instead of the usual 2.

ILoveMyBlondeStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2245 on: January 23, 2015, 06:44:36 AM »
Made 3.8 litres of butternut squash soup for about $6. I used to buy it premade at approx $1 per mL. That's about $38 worth of soup for $6. Yay.

$1 per mL?!?!  I hope you meant $1 per 100 mL ... otherwise that would be $3800 worth of soup for $6!

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2246 on: January 23, 2015, 08:06:36 AM »
I'm about to go and get a pedicure(!) with specially-designated gifted thank-you money. It came with a gentle lecture about letting others do something nice for me when I've worked so hard for them, so, I'm going to go and spend the money for its stated purpose, not feel guilty the whole time, enjoy, and appreciate the thought.

Gerard

• Handlebar Stache
    • Optimacheap
« Reply #2247 on: January 23, 2015, 09:20:27 AM »
Went to the airport early so that I'm not stressed. Took a city bus and walked the last 500m. Went to the lounge for a free lunch. Air Canada seems to be serious about improving their lounge offerings.

Turned off my water heater, reprogrammed my thermostat, and "ate the fridge" before I left.

jms493

• Stubble
« Reply #2248 on: January 23, 2015, 10:23:57 AM »
So this week I decided to stop buying coffee ($1.50) on my walk to work.

That is ~$360 a year saved.

I'm kind of sad cause i like that coffee and the guy who sells it.  I need to remove this mortgage from my life!!!

lunahsol

• Stubble
« Reply #2249 on: January 23, 2015, 10:24:39 AM »
*  Taking a crock pot of beans to work with me to plug in at the office and cook all day.  (I do not trust it to be on when no one is home.)   

*  Resisting the need to get my hair cut . . . I want to grow it out some and then make the switch to cutting it myself.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!