Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 8020954 times)

reginna

• Stubble
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #650 on: April 02, 2014, 07:01:32 AM »
Increased my contents insurance deductible and saved half of my premium.

Good one Nora! Amazing how much you can save.

tmac

• Bristles
« Reply #651 on: April 02, 2014, 07:37:36 AM »
I'm cleaning the kitchen with hot water, a rag, and a spritz of homemade cleaner in the really bad spots. Once it's clean, I'm going to mess it up again by baking our sandwich bread for the week.

After the kids get home from school and finish homework, we'll purge their too-small clothes and hit up the Goodwill for spring/summer clothes.

Edited to add: I also ended up soaking & cooking 2 lbs of dried beans to use in dinners this week.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 12:10:59 PM by tmac »

happyfeet

• Stubble
« Reply #652 on: April 02, 2014, 12:04:09 PM »
Well, I had  $30 bottle of Familia Pasqua  Amarone in my cart at Costco - because someone brought us a bottle once and it was amazing. And I never have bought a bottle that cost that much.  But I put it back and got the BotaBox.  Sigh.

AJ

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #653 on: April 02, 2014, 12:43:16 PM »
This past week:

I've been wanting to try learning to knit, but have been hemming and hawing about spending money on supplies for a hobby I might not like. Yesterday, I found knitting needles at the thrift store for $0.99 a pair, and a ball of yarn for $1.49. Score! It won't be enough yarn for a real project, but it will be enough to play with to decide if I like it.

Tried a copy-cat recipe for my favorite Taco Bell sauce (the one they put on the quesadilla). Not exact, but close enough for me :)

Ordered a 25lb bag of converted rice from Winco. It's already pretty cheap, but they give you an extra 5% off if you buy it in the 25lb bag rather than just from the bins.

Walked to and from work this week now that the weather is nicer.

Made DIY newspaper jiffy pots for seed starting rather than buying them.

Bookworm

« Reply #654 on: April 02, 2014, 12:52:16 PM »
I bought a new tube of lip balm Sunday and before I even got it home, it all melted into the lid while I was sitting in a hot car waiting in a parking lot for DH, and then it hardened there.  In pre-MMM days, I would have said, "Bummer!" and bought another one.  This time, I took the lid off and microwaved it 20 seconds at a time, pouring the wax back into the right side of the tube.  I saved most of it!  There's a little more that still seems to be stuck in the lid.  Maybe I'll find another way to scrape it out.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #655 on: April 02, 2014, 04:54:24 PM »
Hubs took the pipes apart under the sink to unclog the drain instead of calling a plummer ... pre-MMM we definitely would have called a plummer after exhausting all other methods (plunger, boiling water, vinegar, baking soda).

It was gross but 100% fixed and cost $0

BlueMR2

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #656 on: April 02, 2014, 05:17:46 PM »
Trash diving again at work today.  Vending machine guy threw out a pack of some slightly out of date donuts that will make for a nice sugary breakfast tomorrow!

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #657 on: April 02, 2014, 05:27:47 PM »
Ha! Ha! A George Costanza moment with the donuts!

Mortgage Free Mike

• Stubble
    • Save on Almost Everything
« Reply #658 on: April 03, 2014, 06:42:09 AM »
Maxed out my Roth IRA for 2013. I know, a little late-- but I beat the April 15 deadline. My goal is to max out my Roth IRA for 2014 by July!

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #659 on: April 03, 2014, 07:10:56 AM »
My elementary-aged kid decided to wear her leg warmers over her now-too-short pants. These pants are fairly new, but they are already a bit too short since she's growing tall at a rapid rate.

She wasn't really even thinking about saving money. I think she viewed it as: 1) I have a problem 2) Let's solve the problem.

When we were at the grocery and the kidlet said we needed liquid hand soap for the bathroom. She came back with one and said she picked it because it was cheaper! I told her that was great thinking and let's go look at the options. Turns out the soap was more expensive by the ounce so I explained how one container had 8 ounces and the other had 16 ounces...and the 16-oz container was actually the cheaper one. We got in a math lesson too! I love showing how we use math in everyday life.

rocksinmyhead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #660 on: April 03, 2014, 08:10:26 AM »
okay these aren't today but I have three little no-sacrifice things that I'm really proud of in the last week...

- I went to the grocery store Saturday while my boyfriend was at work. when I asked him if he needed me to pick up anything he said he was really craving a margarita for after work so maybe some margarita mix? premade margarita mix kind of grosses me out so I googled standard margarita recipes and decided I needed tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, and simple syrup. well, at the grocery store I found that limes were hella expensive (actually I had just heard about this recently on NPR I think) and lime juice only comes in tiny bottles. darn. I found some margarita mix that only had 3 ingredients, so I felt good about that, but it was "organic" (which is a lower priority for me) and was like $9 for a bottle. hmmmmm. I pondered the issue as I continued my shopping and then... in the refrigerated aisle... I found it! Simply Limeade! pretty much the equivalent of a mixture of lime juice and simple syrup, in a larger quantity and under $3. bam. I was pretty proud of myself.... and the margaritas turned out amazingly!

(yes I know making margs isn't very mustachian in general, but I am fairly comfortable with our financial situation and we like booze)

- Tuesday evening we had something to go to at 7 pm. I don't usually get home from work until 5:30-6 and we wanted to get in a run before the event, but I really didn't want to end up going out for dinner. I came up with the genius (if I do say so myself) meal plan of NACHOS, taking advantage of black beans (cooked in the crockpot from dry, then packaged in the freezer) and delicious shredded pork (also crockpotted then frozen) for a super quick, delicious, and filling meal. after the event with friends we all ended up going to a restaurant/bar, but our bill was much lower than everyone else's since we didn't need to eat (I was actually sooooo full from delicious nachos!) and I'm not drinking beer or wine for Lent, so my bf had a beer and I just had a root beer. in fact, my root beer ended up being FREE because they ran out and I wasn't able to get any free refills (which honestly I didn't need anyway). DOUBLE SCORE!

- tonight we are going to our minor league baseball team's home opener (I know, not mustachian either, but these are all about literally painless ways to cut back!). last night we made burgers, and I said to my boyfriend, "what are we going to do with ALL these burgers?" because we had 8 and really we only needed 4, 2 for last night's dinner and 2 for lunch today. he said, "eat them before the baseball game tomorrow so we don't have to buy food there! and then for lunch on Friday!" umm... duh!!!! what can I say, he's a genius!! :)

ShortInSeattle

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #661 on: April 03, 2014, 10:12:04 AM »
Dropped Amazon Prime and our Pet insurance. Savings: $1099.00.  OK, technically $699 since we tend to get a few hundred bucks back from pet insurance each year, but not enough to justify the premium.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #662 on: April 03, 2014, 02:39:50 PM »
Pulled some spaghetti sauce out of the freezer to put on the pasta for dinner -- also, some buns that were in there and some tortellini.  Viola! Instant dinner! Also, "sprucing up" some lettuce in cold water and will make a balsamic and olive oil dressing (1/2 c. balsamic, 1/2 c. olive oil, minced clove of garlic, salt and pepper)

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #663 on: April 03, 2014, 04:16:51 PM »
Maybe not so small, but we're finally cleaning out the damn storage units this week. Should be done Saturday. We are keeping a smaller, cheaper, closer one to help with the sorting out and to give a place to meet Craigsist buyers for a couple of months.

tmac

• Bristles
« Reply #664 on: April 03, 2014, 05:54:20 PM »
We used dried beans in tonight's giant vat o' veggie chili, which I'll also use as filling in Saturday's enchiladas and still have plenty left over for lunches for at least two weeks. Cost about $4 to make.

Ian

• Bristles
« Reply #665 on: April 03, 2014, 08:42:43 PM »
Finally got signed up for a rewards card that my main food stores use (the site to apply is all in Korean). That will be 5% back on many of my purchases.

nikki

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #666 on: April 03, 2014, 08:48:05 PM »
Finally got signed up for a rewards card that my main food stores use (the site to apply is all in Korean). That will be 5% back on many of my purchases.

Haha! I *just* signed up for a Lotte Member Card a few days ago. LotteMart's the closest big-box store to me, and where I find the cheapest dairy and meat products.

pachnik

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #667 on: April 03, 2014, 09:29:29 PM »
I asked my boss for his copy of the Province newspaper this morning when he was done with it because Zikoris and her boyfriend were on the cover!!!!!  i told my boss that I knew these two people and he just said take the paper!  Then he and I talked a little bit (and very carefully) about saving money!

rocksinmyhead

• Handlebar Stache

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #669 on: April 04, 2014, 08:25:05 AM »
Maybe not so small, but we're finally cleaning out the damn storage units this week. Should be done Saturday. We are keeping a smaller, cheaper, closer one to help with the sorting out and to give a place to meet Craigsist buyers for a couple of months.

made me chuckle

"come on baby, meet me at my storage unit.  I promise it is perfectly safe...."

craigslist just can't help being creepy.

greenmimama

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #670 on: April 04, 2014, 03:28:34 PM »
I sold some extra Fiestaware I had for $57

I went to the grocery store with a plan and used the Mperks and coupons ands sales for things we normally buy, I saved $50

I am baking bread right now for part of a meal that friends are coming over for.

tmac

• Bristles
« Reply #671 on: April 04, 2014, 04:10:02 PM »
Movie night!

Pizza from scratch, using bits of leftover meat and veg for toppings. (Saved $30 delivery)

Movie rental/download for the five of us, instead of going to the theater. (Saved $50)

Bulk popcorn made on the stove. (Spent a few cents instead of $20+ in the theater, or $2 microwavable bags)

Happy family = Priceless.  :)

szmaine

• Stubble
« Reply #672 on: April 04, 2014, 05:42:36 PM »
I had to run a display booth for my place of work at the local flower show today. I was getting pretty damn hungry and on on the verge of  spending $9 on a sandwich from the food vendor.
But look!...there is Sea Dog Brewing Co giving out free braised beef shooters across the way!
I made three trips over there and was saved from the $9 sandwiches.
Anyway, for all the Sea Dog IPA I've consumed they owed me!!

pachnik

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #673 on: April 04, 2014, 06:10:52 PM »
Bought some body lotion that i was running low on with a gift card I got for Christmas.  Funny how those gift cards don't burn a hole in my pocket since i got here.  :)

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #674 on: April 04, 2014, 06:46:37 PM »

made me chuckle

"come on baby, meet me at my storage unit.  I promise it is perfectly safe...."

craigslist just can't help being creepy.

Well, ick, you're right. But better that than creepiness at my house!

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #675 on: April 04, 2014, 07:38:41 PM »
Plus--you earned some badass points.

nikki

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #676 on: April 04, 2014, 08:46:48 PM »
I'm finding it hard to come up with things I do to save money these days because I just wouldn't pay for certain things to begin with.

I took a short shower during which I turned off the water when I was lathering up, but that's a habit.

I only turned the boiler on to heat up my shower water, but that's a habit.

I hung my clothes to dry on the rooftop clothesline, but that's a habit.

I'm using sunlight rather than electric lights, but that's a habit.

I ate leftovers for breakfast, but that's not out of the ordinary. I can't imagine going out and paying for restaurant breakfast, lunch, or dinner on a normal day.

I guess by buying my Brita filters in a package of 10 rather than 5 or 6 I saved a buck or so per unit. So hurray! I *did* save money today! (By spending more at once...)

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #677 on: April 04, 2014, 09:09:52 PM »
Same for me Nikki:

Walked to work and back (habit is to either bike or walk--never drive)

Brought food for lunch/snacks from home (habit)

Showered at work (habit)

Left thermostat at 52F while I was at work all day (habit)

Went to grocery store after work on bicycle with backpack (habit)

Oh--I used no shampoo today, instead of dab I usually use.  Saved a penny there!

Oh--and I steered clear of the nut section of the grocery store--that saved me $3 - $8!!

Shor

• Bristles
« Reply #678 on: April 04, 2014, 09:28:28 PM »
My girlfriend's apartment garage sounded like metal being ripped in half every time it was in motion. The garage is directly under her room so it sounded like an earthquake any time someone triggered the darn thing.

After begging her father for months to fix it, he decided to put grease on the tracks. Noise gets even worse!

One quick Google lookup determined that this was exactly the wrong course of action. Her Father resigned to the couch, and we (I) decided to take some WD40 to every hinge, and wheel. Removed and cleaned out every metal link on that garage door. Quick test and it's quiet as a ghost now.

Cost: Half an afternoon
Savings in Sanity: Priceless

Squirrel away

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #679 on: April 05, 2014, 03:58:36 AM »
I had a craving for some alcohol last night but resisted going to the shop and had an early night instead, Woo! Exciting Friday night, ha. ;)

No spend day again today.

Squirrel away

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #680 on: April 06, 2014, 04:47:25 AM »
I redid our monthly grocery budget and shaved 12.5% off to put some more money towards savings.:)

boogiewoogie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #681 on: April 06, 2014, 08:55:54 AM »
I won £100 on the Grand National. Admittedly that was yesterday, but they say money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

Don't worry I don't do this on a regular basis! Once every few years.

innerscorecard

• Pencil Stache
    • Inner Scorecard - Where financial independence, value investing and life meet
« Reply #682 on: April 06, 2014, 09:36:11 AM »
Successfully got the interest payment benefit I was supposed to have gotten all along on my PAYE student loans by appealing the injustice to the Department of Education Ombudsman office.

This is what Ramit Sethi would call a "big win."

mjs111

• Stubble
« Reply #683 on: April 06, 2014, 10:21:39 AM »
Last week I biked to work in the rain for the first time. Usually I take the car if rain is in the weather forecast. I probably still will drive if it's pouring but I successfully did not melt in the drizzle.

Mike

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #684 on: April 06, 2014, 12:29:38 PM »
My girlfriend's sister has an interview at Whole Foods on Tuesday.  That could mean 20% off the portion of groceries we get there (which granted isn't a ton), which would be pretty nice.  So, not something I did, but something that will directly benefit us.

lizzzi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #685 on: April 06, 2014, 05:23:21 PM »
My kitchen faucet has been having a very weak, thin stream of water. My daughter advised me to get a new faucet, and while I'm at it, a new sink. As long as I'm doing that, I should get new countertops and new appliances, and by the way, new cabinets would look nice, too. So while thinking about following my daughter's advice and doing all this, I removed the faucet filter and soaked it in vinegar for 30 minutes. Voila--a good, strong stream of water from the faucet. So for 2 tablespoons worth of vinegar, I've avoided having to renovate my kitchen.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #686 on: April 06, 2014, 05:45:01 PM »
Today I hung my sheets and towels out to dry for the first time since last December.  Spring is almost here!  I have been line drying everything else all winter, but these things take too long on an indoor line.

I also bought a BBQ chicken at the grocery store - today was their special price, it cost less than buying a chicken and oven roasting it myself.

Ottawa

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #687 on: April 06, 2014, 05:50:00 PM »
Today I hung my sheets and towels out to dry for the first time since last December.  Spring is almost here!  I have been line drying everything else all winter, but these things take too long on an indoor line.

I also bought a BBQ chicken at the grocery store - today was their special price, it cost less than buying a chicken and oven roasting it myself.

Right on!  We hung out stuff today too - it was quite easy to reach the clothesline with the snow underfoot as well!!

Those damn chickens (metro?) - they are good - but I get so thirsty after eating it!  :-)

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #688 on: April 06, 2014, 05:57:58 PM »
I actually walked on bare deck to get to the line - but there was lots of snow a foot away.  Everything dried really fast, even though I think the high was only 5, because it was so windy.

I used to get the Metro ones on Tuesday (their sale day) when I lived in Ottawa.  These were at Mike Dean's, and also spicy, but so good.  My dog loves it when I get this, she gets all the juicy scraps.

Right on!  We hung out stuff today too - it was quite easy to reach the clothesline with the snow underfoot as well!!

Those damn chickens (metro?) - they are good - but I get so thirsty after eating it!  :-)

Ottawa

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #689 on: April 06, 2014, 06:01:05 PM »
Hmm...this weekend:

Took the car (rare):
1) to work (though I didn't work - hey it's the weekend) to pick up a cat scratch post (retrieved from a dumpster on way to work with bike) that was brand new (value $69.99)- except broken from someone having sat on the hammock bit.  (I fixed it in about 10 minutes!)
2) walked from work to the gym for a workout and had a shower there
3) drove to ESSO to use the 6cents off per litre from the previous weekend's Loblaws grocery shopping - except I only needed 30 litres (which is all we used since 24 Feb) which I paid for with a $200 gift card which was scored from signing up for an American Express Aeroplan card
4) drove onward to Shoppers Drugmart - they had a spend $75 get $25 in points promotion.  I spent $76.77 on things I needed (but which were on sale at $35 off the regular price).
5) then groceries - spent $107 at Loblaws on groceries that were on sale - and also deposited a $40 cheque from greatcanadianrebates (from signing up for the aforementioned Amex Card)

Then, converted my commuting bike from winter mode to summer mode while enjoying a pint of homebrew (60 cents).

To name a few things ;-)

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #690 on: April 06, 2014, 06:06:00 PM »
@Ottawa - impressive!

(Can you help @libraryjoy - she looking for wedding ideas in Ottawa.  I ran out of suggestions pretty fast.)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 06:23:05 PM by RetiredAt63 »

CommonCents

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #691 on: April 06, 2014, 06:22:50 PM »
Bought basil and cilantro seeds to grow our own herbs.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #692 on: April 06, 2014, 06:42:56 PM »
Completed the clean-out of the more expensive of our two storage units. I just have to go down at 8:00 tomorrow, sweep it out, then collect our deposit and a prorated refund for April(!) -- didn't expect that.

Also cooked General Tso's myself rather than buying frozen. Cheaper and healthier. Needs more red pepper next time, though.

Also worked my side hustle, which doesn't really take all that long. I think I'm at ~$40 an hour on it. Too bad it runs about two hours a month :-)

ETA: I almost forgot the coolest thing! Cut my own hair for the first time this morning (girl hair, no buzzer here). It looks pretty darn good! There's one little spot that's too long, so I'll trim it in the morning. It's just a straight bob, chin length, so it irks me to pay to have it cut, but I'd never gotten up the nerve to do it myself. It wasn't all that hard, just a pain doing the back.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 06:57:35 PM by Rural »

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #693 on: April 06, 2014, 10:14:40 PM »
Nicked and soaked some morning glory seeds that I'm planning to grow in containers this year instead of spending $$ on store-bought annuals.  Might try to get some petunias going, too.

Hauled home all of the rock from the rock garden our previous tenants-from-hell had converted to a fire pit.  Said rocks will go into our xeriscaping efforts, cutting down on what we'll need to buy, and make it more visually interesting, too.

Used several $10 off of $50 coupons to get all the crap we needed from Lowe's to fix the rental up to put on the market.

Prepared a split pea soup to slow-cook while we're at work tomorrow, and packed up Friday's leftovers for tomorrow's lunch.

sheepstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #694 on: April 06, 2014, 10:30:21 PM »
Okay, can I confess something super dorky?  My main savings account gives .87 interest.  Another account, which I opened for various reasons and only have a small amount sitting in, gives .75.  So as I'm going through my end-of-month stuff I think, I should really transfer that money over to the higher interest account.

But then I think, the amount it's throwing off each month is so small, small enough to fall below the $10 that would trigger a report to the IRS.  And indeed, .87 minus 15% (my tax bracket) is .72, meaning I'm better off leaving it in the lower-interest account that I won't have to pay tax on.

And that was ten minutes of my day.  Saving, like, thirty cents.

warfreak2

• Handlebar Stache
    • Music by me
« Reply #695 on: April 07, 2014, 02:43:08 AM »
But then I think, the amount it's throwing off each month is so small, small enough to fall below the $10 that would trigger a report to the IRS.  And indeed, .87 minus 15% (my tax bracket) is .72, meaning I'm better off leaving it in the lower-interest account that I won't have to pay tax on.
(1 - 0.15) * 0.87 = 0.7395 > 0.72
It's still worse than 0.75, but by little more than one basis point. I assume the rates are variable, this could change very soon! If your taxed account rises to .89% or your tax-advantaged account goes to .73%, then moving your money becomes profitable*. Also, at such a small margin, if the balance is <$10, a rounding error of 1 cent could tip the balance - it depends on the exact amount in the account.

*For extremely small values of "profit", and not counting all the effort of watching those interest rates.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 02:55:19 AM by warfreak2 »

Squirrel away

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #696 on: April 07, 2014, 06:12:37 AM »
Low spend day, just some money spent on dog food.

My girlfriend's sister has an interview at Whole Foods on Tuesday.  That could mean 20% off the portion of groceries we get there (which granted isn't a ton), which would be pretty nice.  So, not something I did, but something that will directly benefit us.

That will be cool if she gets it.:)

reginna

• Stubble
« Reply #697 on: April 07, 2014, 07:26:18 AM »
Hmm...this weekend:

Took the car (rare):
1) to work (though I didn't work - hey it's the weekend) to pick up a cat scratch post (retrieved from a dumpster on way to work with bike) that was brand new (value $69.99)- except broken from someone having sat on the hammock bit.  (I fixed it in about 10 minutes!)
2) walked from work to the gym for a workout and had a shower there
3) drove to ESSO to use the 6cents off per litre from the previous weekend's Loblaws grocery shopping - except I only needed 30 litres (which is all we used since 24 Feb) which I paid for with a $200 gift card which was scored from signing up for an American Express Aeroplan card
4) drove onward to Shoppers Drugmart - they had a spend $75 get $25 in points promotion.  I spent $76.77 on things I needed (but which were on sale at $35 off the regular price).
5) then groceries - spent $107 at Loblaws on groceries that were on sale - and also deposited a $40 cheque from greatcanadianrebates (from signing up for the aforementioned Amex Card)

Then, converted my commuting bike from winter mode to summer mode while enjoying a pint of homebrew (60 cents).

To name a few things ;-)

Wow, you rocked it!

rocksinmyhead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #698 on: April 07, 2014, 07:59:50 AM »
Last week I biked to work in the rain for the first time. Usually I take the car if rain is in the weather forecast. I probably still will drive if it's pouring but I successfully did not melt in the drizzle.

Awesome! I am still working on this one :) I need to get fenders, the only time I've biked in the rain (not really by choice) I possibly ruined a nice work skirt... should have just changed into my yoga pants but I was being lazy and I didn't think there was that much water on the ground :(

ETA: I almost forgot the coolest thing! Cut my own hair for the first time this morning (girl hair, no buzzer here). It looks pretty darn good! There's one little spot that's too long, so I'll trim it in the morning. It's just a straight bob, chin length, so it irks me to pay to have it cut, but I'd never gotten up the nerve to do it myself. It wasn't all that hard, just a pain doing the back.

This is awesome!!! I keep wanting to try cutting my own, but I'm scared :) it is thick and curly, so I don't think minor unevenness would be to obvious, but it's also the kind of hair where a good vs. bad haircut makes a HUGE difference in how it looks (at least to me) and I haven't been able to tell what they are doing differently when I get a "good" haircut. will have to pay closer attention next time and then maybe try it myself!

SweetLife

• Bristles
« Reply #699 on: April 07, 2014, 11:12:58 AM »
Working from home again today.  I have gone to the office once in the last three years.  Gotta love the "bunny slipper commute" as one of my coworkers put it.

Sitting inside watching the snow fall is so much better than driving in it!

Sooooo jealous of this lol.... and LOVE LOVE LOVE "bunny slipper commute"!!!!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!