Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 8020657 times)

G-dog

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #3150 on: April 18, 2015, 11:06:04 AM »
I was just getting up this morning, when I got a call from the church where I work.  The kids (and parents and teachers) were there for steel band practice, and the caretaker wasn't there to let them in.  The teacher who has a key is away this weekend - probably assumed that the caretaker would be there.  I had to dash over to let them in - immediately!  (They are performing tonight and could not afford to miss out on any practice time.)

Unfortunately, this meant I was on the road without having had any caffeine yet.  And there is a Tim Horton's on my way home ...

I saw the danger coming, and deliberately moved into the left lane early, escaping the vortex that exists at the entrance to their parking lot.  Changing lanes, for the mustachian win!   

(And by the way, the coffee that I made at home, along with rye bread and PB, was delicious!)

Good one! Amazing how making something inconvenient can help break a habit. PJ for the win!

MoneyCat

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3151 on: April 18, 2015, 11:48:51 AM »
This morning, I worked several hours as a kids' martial arts instructor and made some easy money for exercising.  Now I'm going to the cell phone store to get a free replacement for my five year old smartphone which work is paying for.  After that, I'm going to make a homemade dinner with stuff I already have in my pantry and then I'm going to watch some playoff hockey on free over-the-air television.  I love not spending money.

JRA64

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3152 on: April 18, 2015, 01:18:51 PM »
Yesterday - I replaced the kitchen faucet myself instead of paying a plumber to do it. Somewhere between $200 - $400 saved.
Took the parts I didn't use back to Home Depot when I needed a junction for the final connection.
FWIW the basin wrench and master blaster were useless at getting the old faucet out. In the end, the "washers" - too flimsy to really deserve that name - had rusted enough that, with all the other things I was tyring to do to loosen or saw through the bolts, they disintegrated.

Also yesterday - the 19 year old cat was due for a feline leukemia shot. I had a talk with the vet about, given her lifestyle, does she really need the shot? She doesn't go outside of the back yard, isn't out there often, and would retreat if another cat approached her. We decided to forego the shot.

This week's goal: no extra trips to the grocery store for ingredients I forgot the first time. I've been back less than 2 hours and already identified two substitutions I need to make. It's not just the money, it's the time that I lose in these trips. With the recovered time, maybe I can get organized enough to plan in advance!

lunahsol

• Stubble
« Reply #3153 on: April 18, 2015, 03:11:35 PM »
*  deposited the $100 in 5s (plus another $50) to bank & immediately transferred it to credit card bill

*  received another $5 rebate check in the mail (this will supplement groceries, not go in the five jar since it is not cash -lol)

*  picked up two (planned) purchases intended to save money long term (a pressure cooker and wheeled grocery cart)

*  I guess I will be pressure cooking some kind of beans for the freezer tonight :)

KBecks2

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3154 on: April 18, 2015, 03:26:18 PM »
I bought a pair svdp for $4.00 and then I used a 20% off coupon.  The pants would be $40+ in a store.

firelight

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3155 on: April 18, 2015, 03:45:47 PM »
Shopped annual rummage sales and got $100 worth kids clothes and toys for $10. It was a steal especially because the clothes were new with tags (almost all the ones my baby will wear and from quality baby stores) and the books were ones I was looking for. I also bought a new gift book that I can give for baby showers. Yay!!

Our daycare shopping seems almost complete.

Erica/NWEdible

• Pencil Stache
    • Northwest Edible Life - life on garden time
« Reply #3156 on: April 18, 2015, 04:18:40 PM »
Cut my hair and DHs hair. Also took a ton of books to the used book store to sell and got positively rooked. Next time I'm doing the trade in credit for Amazon. I think I "gave up" at least $30 by taking the bookstore's offer. Oh well.

lunahsol

• Stubble
« Reply #3157 on: April 18, 2015, 04:26:42 PM »
Yesterday - I replaced the kitchen faucet myself instead of paying a plumber to do it. Somewhere between $200 - $400 saved.

You rock!  One of my goals is to become more competent with handy task stuff.  Good job!

JRA64

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3158 on: April 18, 2015, 08:21:30 PM »

You rock!  One of my goals is to become more competent with handy task stuff.  Good job!

Thank you! One of the best investments I made when I bought my first house was the Orange Book from Home Depot. Home Improvement 1-2-3. It de-mystified a lot.

Joshin

• Stubble
« Reply #3159 on: April 18, 2015, 09:44:46 PM »
I was out of my house from 11:30 am until 7:00 pm, but I never stepped foot into a car. We struck off on foot toward a local craft fair 1 mile away, meeting my mom halfway there. I didn't buy anything!

After, my mom wanted to go to a local brick oven pizza place, which was 2 miles in the opposite direction. The day was beautiful, so we walked there. Pizza and beer was mom's treat.

Walked home, stopping by a park so my boys could swing for a few minutes -- free entertainment!

Found a Starbucks gift card in the street by a bus stop on the way home. Checked it and it still had $12 on it, score!

Grabbed the husband once we got home. Ditched the kids with leftovers for dinner and we walked to the local Starbucks to enjoy our free coffee date.

Picked up a 6 pack of beer -- not frugal -- on the way home. Sat on the back porch and enjoyed said beer while we discussed summer garden plans -- frugal Saturday night entertainment.

I added it up -- I have walked 25 miles since Monday. I've only driven to take the kids to and from their twice weekly co-op classes, which aren't within a reasonable walking distance.

Two9A

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • On the long road to zero net worth
« Reply #3160 on: April 19, 2015, 02:24:32 AM »
This was on Friday, granted, but: I shaved my head with a safety razor, for the third time. I think I'm starting to get better at this... the only problem is that one shave of the head and the blade is too blunt to use more than another couple of times. I'm used to shaving my beard with a blade that's three months old ;)

The upside is, no more visits to the hairdresser/barber/etc. ever again.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #3161 on: April 19, 2015, 09:00:54 AM »
Just realized I did all my laundry EXCEPT the pair of pants I really need to bring on my work trip this week (and they have salsa on the leg), so throwing them in the wash with the sheets instead of doing a separate load.

Drinking bulletproof coffee instead of buying another pint of cream and leaving it in the fridge to go bad while I'm gone.

Packing a small cooler, knife, cutting board, can opener, some portable food and travel mug in my checked bag so I can hopefully avoid buying breakfasts or lunches out (will have a rental car and hit the grocery store tomorrow night).

NateC

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3162 on: April 19, 2015, 10:19:35 AM »
Changed oil and filter (both synthetic, both 50% off) and put my summer wheels on. $50 vs $120, meaning I made $70/hr after tax for one hour of labour.

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3163 on: April 19, 2015, 10:32:00 AM »
 I have walked 25 miles since Monday

Gosh, with a little planning you could have done this on a treadmill, in a stuffy gym, while paying a lot of money. 

Keeping in the spirit of the thread:  Baked cranberry oat scones served with fresh ground coffee for Sunday breakfast.  Just think I could have waited in line at the fancy bakery down town, paid a lot of money and listened to children screaming while I wished someone would give me more coffee.  My spendy friends are are right.  I just don't know how to live.

ShaneD

• Stubble
« Reply #3164 on: April 19, 2015, 01:27:21 PM »
Like horsepoor, I'll be traveling most of this week. So,

* Cooking hamburgers and hard-boiled eggs and chopping vegetables to take on an 8-hour train trip. (Going to hit up local grocery store to do similar for the trip back.)
* Getting creative to use up food that will go bad while we're gone. (Bacon, cabbage, and sour cream, anyone?)
* Also followed up on a store credit I never received.

mm1970

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3165 on: April 19, 2015, 01:32:44 PM »
yesterday I channeled Bob W and found eggs for 0.99 a dozen.  Bought 3 dozen (max allowed).

Spent many many hours yesterday cooking.  Today too.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3166 on: April 19, 2015, 01:55:12 PM »
Neither of us is going down off the mountain today.
Found the source of a small brake fluid leak in my car, but we'll have to order a part.
Walked in the woods with the dogs for entertainment.
Will watch a DVD checked out from the library on a laptop for entertainment tonight.
Cooking spaghetti from the pantry tonight (TVP, so it's all shelf stable). Will then use leftover WW noodles for noodle bowls and leftover sauce for meatball subs this week.

lunahsol

• Stubble
« Reply #3167 on: April 19, 2015, 08:05:32 PM »
*  used the leftover rice in the fridge to make rice milk (yay, Vitamix!); which is currently cooking up in potato corn chowder

*  (this was yesterday, but . . . ) 5# bag of potatoes for 99 cents!

*  no money spent today

*  watching videos on youtube for pressure cooking inspiration

Jakejake

• Pencil Stache
  • FIRE: June 17, 2016
« Reply #3168 on: April 19, 2015, 08:19:43 PM »
I biked 16 miles round trip to the grocery store. While there, I found a 2lb tub of protein powder marked down to $5. (I use a scoop in my morning coffee and that's breakfast on work days.) Only other purchases were coffee and turkey sausage, both bought with coupons. *$7 for two bags of coffee and 28 oz of sausage.

Used a ham - got free with kmart points for biking, and not just free but marked down 75% in a closing our grocery dept sale. I sliced it with my cheap home deli slicer, for free lunch meat for the husband for the next few weeks. Dinner was a soup from the ham bone, with potatoes and onions I got in a case sale of marked down produce ($2 for about 20 pounds).

Did a little driving though - to drop off my old 1980's bike to a graduating student with no transportation, so he can get to his job without his brother having to drive him.

Kwill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3169 on: April 19, 2015, 09:08:01 PM »
I tried my bicycle for the first time since the snows trapped it. The chain and chain ring are pretty rusty, but I didn't have any trouble on my half hour test ride on a path through the woods. I was happy that the bicycle wasn't crushed or bent out of shape by the huge mound of snow it was under or the snow plow and other equipment that were going around the parking lot this winter.

Tonight I had leftovers and also made some rye bread in the breadmaker while I watched a show online.

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3170 on: April 20, 2015, 08:50:30 AM »
Dug a jar of roast pork juice out of the freezer.  When it's defrosted I will use it to make some excellent corn chowder I recently discovered using some of my free potatoes.

Brian5000

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3171 on: April 20, 2015, 09:51:58 AM »
* Convinced my girlfriend to turn down a more expensive apartment rental in favor of one that's $400/month cheaper. I'll be helping her set up her first personal investment (index funds) account using the money saved each month.

* Called around about getting my car's seasonal tires swapped. My usual shop charges $60 for the service, but I tried Pep Boys and got it done for $20.

* Stopped eating out for lunch at work. Now I just eat a $1 energy bar and some peanuts. I need to lose a few pounds anyway. Saves about $100/month.

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3172 on: April 20, 2015, 10:20:07 AM »
I cooked so many things yesterday! I learned how to make burritos, which I'd never done before. So delicious. Plus 2 kinds of soup, banana bread, and fresh buns.

Today I called in about a health insurance claim mistake. I got a check for $68 instead of the $98 I was expecting. The call should get me the extra $30 soon.

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3173 on: April 20, 2015, 11:21:38 AM »
Recently:

Saved .30/gallon at the gas pump using my grocery value card

Bought a Manager's Special ground pork for $1.49/lb

Stocked up on 3.99/lb ground beef (it's been over $5.50 lately!)

Saved 24% off my monthly grocery total using coupons and shopping the sales, including 2 free items

Found a penny (actually 3!) on the ground this past week

Made soup to use up some of the frozen homemade chicken stock

Declined a family dinner invitation an hour away

Subscribed to two free magazines using Verizon Reward points

Clipped coupons

Brought my usual breakfast, lunch, coffee and filtered water to work

Jakejake

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3174 on: April 20, 2015, 08:02:44 PM »
My husband gets credit for this. I noticed my check engine light came on today. (we had a forecast of thunderstorms, so I didn't bike to work.) He has one of those engine check thingies, he hooked it up and figured out it was a relay switch related to the radiator. Potentially super bad, could lead to overheating now that hot weather is coming up.

But then he noticed the switch is the same as the rear window defrost which I do not need for summer - so he swapped the two switches, and he should be able to order one cheap online. Definitely better than taking the car in to a repair shop!

Merrie

• Bristles
« Reply #3175 on: April 20, 2015, 08:26:18 PM »
I was following a truck on the freeway and it flung up a pebble which chipped my windshield. I thought I remembered some sort of windshield sealer product so I hopped in at Advance and picked up a tube for $6. Friends visiting for game night. I mentioned this and one of them said he had a pro out a couple years ago to use sealer on his windshield and it cost $70. Probably for substantially the same product I just bought.

10dollarsatatime

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3176 on: April 20, 2015, 09:25:41 PM »
Went fishing.  Caught a good size trout.  Cooking it for dinner.  And probably lunch tomorrow as well.  Will eat it with leftover asparagus and garden potatoes from last year.

No-stache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3177 on: April 20, 2015, 09:42:31 PM »
Liberated 4 or so cups of mashed potatoes, 3 rolls, a piece of pie, and 2 bottles of water from the leftovers of a meeting held at my workplace

Potentially found a NIB Instant Pot pressure cooker NIB on Craigslist for $70 which is half of the Amazon price. Haven't heard back but hope it works out.

Refinanced my student loans down from 7.25 and 9.4x to 5.94%. Hell. Yeah.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3178 on: April 21, 2015, 10:50:34 AM »
*Big pot of oatmeal for breakfast for the family.

*On the weekend, resisted ordering pizza even though every bone in my body wanted to order in. Instead I made nachos out of chips from the cupboard, black beans I had thawed and diced up a pepper. Topped with grated cheddar. Also, found a package of 12 hotdogs left from a recent BBQ party and so cooked those up too, and put in some leftover buns. Not the greatest dinner but felt GREAT that we did it without ordering in .. huge victory for us!

*Hanging almost every load of laundry now that the weather is warm and sunny. Noticing a drop in my power usage!

*Returned a bunch of library stuff that was coming due, avoiding fines.

*Getting comments from extended family on my greying hair -- most women my age (on the cusp of 50) are coloring by  now. Surprisingly, I'm getting compliments! I also cut my own hair.

Moonwaves

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3179 on: April 21, 2015, 11:37:34 AM »
Brought lunch to work yesterday and today and have the fixings for tomorrow as well. I know it's easy, I know it usually actually tastes better than most of what I can get around here and yet all too often, I don't do it so I am pleased with this. I did give in to a mood and a headache yesterday and got chips and a veggie sausage on the way home from work but having called in to the new-ish place down the road from me and chatted to the woman who runs it, I know now that they usually close by around 8 o'clock so now I know if I'm having a day where I'm not too late but I think I'm likely to stop and buy chips on the way home and I don't want to that I need to get off the train one stop earlier and walk home the other way - the way that doesn't pass by the Wurst shop. Sounds ridiculous but sometimes this is the only way I manage to not buy a ton of crappy junk food that I'm better off without. For example, sitting at home at nine o'clock on a Saturday evening craving crisps or chocolate - if I can find something to do for half-an-hour or so (like hanging up the washing that has probably been sitting in the machine waiting for me to pay attention) then there's not much point anymore since the supermarket closes at ten.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
  • I'm just happy to be here. \m/ ^_^ \m/
    • Pinhook Development LLC
« Reply #3180 on: April 21, 2015, 11:45:10 AM »
Realized I was paying $0.20-$0.70 extra per can of soup and pasta to take to the office - much more in some cases - to have convenient pop tops. Dropped a $10 on an ergonomic can-opener for the office, which should last for years and pay for itself many times over. Cost per lunch is now as low as 79 cents and dropping.

damize

• Stubble
« Reply #3181 on: April 21, 2015, 01:04:38 PM »
Fasting today as part of my 5:2 diet.  The cost savings is minor as I bring my lunch, but there are health benefits, especially as a insulin-resistant type 2 diabetic.

Less

• Stubble
    • Journal
« Reply #3182 on: April 21, 2015, 04:55:58 PM »
Baked 3 loaves of bread last night ( decided there would be efficiency in doing baking by the bag of flour). They freeze well so this should keep us going for a week or 2.

Kneading 2.5kgs is tiring.

Joshin

• Stubble
« Reply #3183 on: April 21, 2015, 09:22:33 PM »
These are for yesterday and today :)
* Drove for the first time in 3 days yesterday, to take the boys to a co-op class. Used Google maps to determine the shortest route, which shaved a mile off the round trip. This will save me 4 miles a week.

* Had to drive to the north end of town to sign a release so my dental records could be sent to the local dental school (cheaper cleanings there). Batched several other errands into the trip, so I can avoid the 6 mile drive to that side of town for at least 3 weeks.

* Picked up two pairs of shorts for the Mister at a thrift store.

* Made tomato soup from some toms that were going soft. Paired it with garlic bread on homemade French loaves.

Today:
* Took last year's finished compost and spread it over the garden beds. Mulched them with last years straw duck bedding.

* Cut strips from the carpet we pulled from the living room and laid it pile-side down over the paths between the garden beds. I'll mulch over the carpet to hide it, but there shouldn't be anymore weed battles on the garden paths this year!

* DH scavenged an above ground bell pool from a neighbor that was tossing it because of a rip. Used it to make a bigger backyard pond for our yucky duckies.

* "free" Dinner of hamburgers, watermelon and coleslaw. Hamburgers were leftovers I offered to take home from the campout a week ago. Watermelon was leftover from younger's bday party on Friday. Coleslaw was made from the just about to spoil tail end of a cabbage head. No buns, so I made some scratch buns.

* DH and I went on an after-dinner walk. We did stop for a treat at a cafe, but this was still cheap entertainment/exercise/quality time together.

* I haven't smoked for 3 weeks, and DH hasn't smoked for 2 weeks.

Intoku

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3184 on: April 22, 2015, 01:40:05 AM »
Finally nailed my chicken tikka masala recipe. Even DH doesn't get how exciting this is, and he's seen me work on this >1yr. Victory!

Now I need to sort out a naan recipe that freezes flat before baking. Oh, and try freezing the tikka masala.

DrJD

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3185 on: April 22, 2015, 04:41:07 AM »
Finally nailed my chicken tikka masala recipe. Even DH doesn't get how exciting this is, and he's seen me work on this >1yr. Victory!

Now I need to sort out a naan recipe that freezes flat before baking. Oh, and try freezing the tikka masala.

Care to share that tikka masala recipe?  You could potentially save me a year of work and many dollars in ingredients :)

Jakejake

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3186 on: April 22, 2015, 05:08:03 AM »
yesterday I biked to work and added another mile to the trip to take advantage of the last day of the chicken leg sale - 38 cents a pound. Got ten pounds of chicken plus my work clothes home on the bike (11 miles from the store to home), despite the head wind of 20 mph and gusts up to 30.

No-stache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3187 on: April 22, 2015, 07:14:23 AM »
* I haven't smoked for 3 weeks, and DH hasn't smoked for 2 weeks.

Awesome! Keep it up!

jooles

• Stubble
« Reply #3188 on: April 22, 2015, 10:25:34 AM »
I brought homemade bean soup for lunch, and an orange.  I made my coffee at home and brought a cup to work.  And I'm searching for info on the travel hack guy that MMM mentioned who has great data on getting discounts on travel.

lunahsol

• Stubble
« Reply #3189 on: April 22, 2015, 10:45:46 AM »
*  homemade lunch
*  free work coffee
*  sent entire tax refund to credit card bill
*  did budget for next week's paycheck ($12 pending)
*  grateful that the weather is consistently nicer, so I can walk more

mabinogi

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3190 on: April 22, 2015, 10:56:49 AM »
I did this:

http://deals.kinja.com/groupon-is-basically-giving-away-sams-club-memberships-1699266649?rev=1429645777062

I'd been debating a Sam's Club membership for a while, but had mostly decided against it. This deal made it hard to pass up, though. Sam's is also the closest grocery store to our house, so it could conceivably result in our doing more (read: at least some) of our grocery shopping by bike instead of by car.

I disagree a little bit with the title of that article, that groupon is basically "giving away" memberships. For $45, you get a Sam's Plus membership, a $20 gift certificate (sweet), and $22.94 in very specific food certificates. The $22.94 certificates are for items that I'd never otherwise buy, so I'd say you're really getting a Sam's Club membership for $25, rather than almost free. Still, pretty good deal. I hope. I guess we'll see if it actually works out that way!

dunhamjr

• Stubble
  • mustachian in training est. July 14
« Reply #3191 on: April 22, 2015, 12:31:33 PM »
WFH today... means no commuting costs.  no potential to spend $ going out to lunch w/coworkers, picking up a morning coffee...etc.

also. 
bought an employee recognition gift today, company will reimburse full costs...
purchased it on my personal CC which gets a 5% reward for Amazon purchases, so I will make $5 by using my own CC for the purchase.
the money WILL be reimbursed back to me before I would need to make a payment or pay interest.

dunhamjr

• Stubble
  • mustachian in training est. July 14
« Reply #3192 on: April 22, 2015, 02:40:07 PM »
not sure if i posted this before.

but paid my federal taxes via CC, didn't save much...
but the difference between paying the CC convenience fee and my CC rewards got me $5.43 versus using EFT or even more if i were instead mailing a check.

also could it be considered savings to have received a $4k interest free loan from the gov't for 4 1/2 months? :)

protostache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3193 on: April 22, 2015, 04:19:09 PM »
* Canceled my call with the accountant about switching to a different type of retirement plan even though we're not even close to maxing out the current one.

* Made the tiniest little pat of butter from what was left over in a pint of heavy cream.

I can feel my mustache growing.

midweststache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3194 on: April 22, 2015, 06:51:15 PM »
+ Walked everywhere today AND yesterday; no transit costs.
+ Leftover rice and beans for lunch, with sale avocado and sale yogurt to supplement, and homemade cookies for desert.
+ Baked potatoes and green beans for dinner, both of which were purchased on sale.
+ Returned two library books.
+ Estimated that we'll be saving $300/year on Fido's food. We went from buying a bag of kibble (12lb bag) once a month to the current brand (40lb bag), which will last four months (at the same price per bag).
+ Temperatures dropped again, but still haven't turned on the HVAC. (Two weeks ago it was muggy, but we held out on the AC; tonight it will get to the low 30s but we're not turning on the heat. Thanks Midwestern weather.)
+ Paid our gas bill today, which was only 86% of our budgeted monthly payments for gas, so we saved a little bit there.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3195 on: April 22, 2015, 11:28:47 PM »
*Did a bunch of baking for a church event -- baked an extra 9x13 of each item for my freezer for the kids to have treats.

*Used frozen beans for a chilli today .. trying to eat down the contents of the freezer now that we amalgamated them from 2 down to 1 deep freeze (until our next side of beef arrives).

*Received and started using Lodge Cast Iron dutch oven that I bought online from amazon. It was $40 more on the Lodge website. Will last me a lifetime! I'm anemic and have to get my iron levels up quickly .. no time to wait to finding one at thrift store.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3196 on: April 23, 2015, 06:27:49 AM »
I'm carpooling again! This probably seems minor to other people, but it requires me being ready 15 minutes earlier, and at 6am, 15 minutes is sacred. Also, it requires trusting someone else's driving. Still grateful for the opportunity though, as it's allowing us to be successfully one car, even on weird days like today.

lunahsol

• Stubble
« Reply #3197 on: April 23, 2015, 10:44:37 AM »
*  going gluten-free for 30 days (this means I cannot buy beer - cha-ching!)
*  setting up automatic payments for savings - never did this before because I did not trust myself to leave money in the account to be available on the scheduled transfer date . . . but now I do :)

dorothyc

• Stubble
« Reply #3198 on: April 23, 2015, 11:32:18 AM »
Yesterday I worked a bit later to finish something up, and missed the once an hour bus by a few minutes. Walked home the almost three miles instead of calling my wife to pick me up.

No-stache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3199 on: April 23, 2015, 12:39:33 PM »
Yesterday:

-gave a short presentation at the Earth Day Celebration at work...got free veggie pizza for lunch.
-didn't stop for fast food - waited until I got home at 11:30 p.m. to eat dinner.
-didn't pay for parking at concert (parked several blocks from the venue and walked).
-didn't buy any drinks/snacks at the concert.

Didn't save by:
-driving 30 minutes to downtown Nashville for the concert.
-paying $20 for a limited edition poster.