Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 8020624 times)

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #2550 on: February 18, 2015, 05:22:23 PM »
Also today:

1) Cut my own hair using the "front ponytail" method. Worked perfectly.

2) Figured out how to refill foaming soap dispenser. I had read about them in the past, but never had a dispenser until I received one for Christmas this year. Put about a centimetre of liquid soap in the bottom, filled the rest up with water and gave it a swirl. I can't believe I've never done this before! I now have "foam soap dispenser" on next week's grocery list for the other sink on our main floor. Beautiful!

ShaneD

• Stubble
« Reply #2551 on: February 18, 2015, 05:40:47 PM »
* Comparison-shopped HSAs.
* Continued researching new place to live w/ lower cost of living.
* Turned extra platter of sushi given to us for free by mistake yesterday (restaurant made 1 too many; told us to keep it) into fish chowder with ginger, lime, zucchini, and red peppers.
* Joined MMM forum. :)
Welcome!

Thank you, Nancy!

I finally repaired the zipper in my jeans myself.  It was easier than I thought it would be!

Did you use a particularly valuable tutorial by any chance? I really need to repair the zipper on my winter coat.

Emilyngh

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2552 on: February 18, 2015, 05:43:33 PM »
Also today:

1) Cut my own hair using the "front ponytail" method. Worked perfectly.

2) Figured out how to refill foaming soap dispenser. I had read about them in the past, but never had a dispenser until I received one for Christmas this year. Put about a centimetre of liquid soap in the bottom, filled the rest up with water and gave it a swirl. I can't believe I've never done this before! I now have "foam soap dispenser" on next week's grocery list for the other sink on our main floor. Beautiful!

Yup!   I do both of those too!   Also note that you don't have to buy hand soap specifically to refill the foaming dispenser.   We used to just use natural liquid dish soap, and now that we get Dr' Bronners castile soap, we just use that.   In addition to keeping them on our sinks, I use one foaming dispenser in the shower to use Dr Bronner's as my body wash in there instead of bar soap (it dilutes it nicely and is a way to use Dr Bronner's which is vegetarian, free-trade, etc, for super cheap).

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2553 on: February 18, 2015, 08:36:27 PM »
you don't have to buy hand soap specifically to refill the foaming dispenser.   We used to just use natural liquid dish soap, and now that we get Dr' Bronners castile soap, we just use that.   In addition to keeping them on our sinks, I use one foaming dispenser in the shower to use Dr Bronner's as my body wash in there instead of bar soap (it dilutes it nicely and is a way to use Dr Bronner's which is vegetarian, free-trade, etc, for super cheap).

Thanks for these tips! I have a few bottles of liquid soap to use up, and then I will look into Dr. Bronner's!

lunahsol

• Stubble
« Reply #2554 on: February 19, 2015, 10:25:24 AM »
*  homemade lunch yet again (wow - this shepherd's pie made last weekend sure stretches a long ways!)
*  waiting until tomorrow to run the dishwasher and laundry (for fullest loads)
*  looking into TaxACT; rather than taking the taxes to an accountant this year
*  bought a loaf of bread on "manager's special" - 79 cents!

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2555 on: February 19, 2015, 10:45:23 AM »
I packed my lunch (leftovers), breakfast (made scones over the weekend), and snack (leftover sweet potato).  I showered at the gym this morning and carpooled to work. 
All of the above.  Plus I'm brewing tea with gifted tea bags at work.  Filled up my water bottle at work and will try to drink at least 32 oz of water while I'm here. 

I'm meeting up with some friends at a free workout class tonight, which is much cheaper than drinks or dinner out (the usual plans).  We also have similar plans on Saturday morning. 

I placed my grocery delivery order for delivery on Saturday morning.  I used a $10 off coupon that I received from taking a survey that took less than 5 minutes.  I plan to make lasagna, peanut butter cookies, and scones for next week. 

Ganon91

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2556 on: February 19, 2015, 11:54:00 AM »
Called Century link and requested they reduce my rate to match their slow speed for my internet (i only get 2.5 here, far from the nearest node, but they are were charging me for 7.  Saved 25/month.  Now if i can only figure out how to get them to give me faster speeds....

How did you go about this? I know I'm not getting the 3 that Century link is charging me.

DagobertDuck

• Bristles
« Reply #2557 on: February 19, 2015, 12:09:00 PM »
Made lentil soup for 2 days. Red and green lentils, onions, carrot, tiny bit of bacon, tomato puree, garlic powder, pepper, turmeric, coconut oil, olive oil.
Cheap, easy, nutritious, good. Are lentils the ultimate mustachian food?

Candace

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2558 on: February 19, 2015, 02:26:23 PM »
This morning I didn't have any leftovers to pack for lunch. Normally in this situation I would have gotten takeout for lunch at around $6.50, and visited the supermarket on the way home so I could resume packing lunches tomorrow. However, today I grabbed a can of tuna from the pantry, took a few minutes to open it, mix up some mayo with it in a container, and pack some crackers along with the container of tuna. So lunch was about $1.50 instead of $6.50. Not world-changing, but I felt pretty good at the time.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #2559 on: February 19, 2015, 08:01:57 PM »
Made lentil soup for 2 days. Red and green lentils, onions, carrot, tiny bit of bacon, tomato puree, garlic powder, pepper, turmeric, coconut oil, olive oil.
Cheap, easy, nutritious, good. Are lentils the ultimate mustachian food?

Mmm, you've just inspired me to get some split pea soup into the crockpot to cook tomorrow.  Thanks!

Went to CostCo today to pick up Oil of Olay.  Not cheap, but still about 1/5 the price per ounce as compared to the pricey Estee Lauder shit I got as a free gift, and that my skin seems to think it needs now.  Noticed that they were doing their organic foods sale again, so saved $4 per bag stocking up on the coffee I've been buying there for years.  Might go back and get another three bags before the sale is over.

Went straight to work this morning instead of driving downtown to attend a conference in the morning.  Saved gas and was also able to pack a lunch instead of an obligatory social lunch with work acquaintances at the conference.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2560 on: February 19, 2015, 08:58:13 PM »
1) Roasted a chicken in the crockpot.  About a month ago, my large electric roaster (turkey sized) broke :-( I had thought about replacing it (around $30) because I always did 2 chickens at once. But you know, this one chicken in the crockpot today was WAYYYY juicier than whenever I did 2 in the roaster. So I'm pleased that my little experiment worked out -- no money going out for a new roaster AND better tasting chicken!

2) Left the bones and juices in the crockpot and added 4 carrots, a handful of celery leaves, peppercorns, garlic cloves, basil, oregano and salt. Put in the fridge for the night. In the morning, will fill the crockpot with water and it will be a tasty broth by dinner time. There was enough chicken leftover to add back tomorrow night.

3) Kept the heat off all day even though it was cooler outside and threatening to rain.  No one is complaining.

4) Unplugging my laptop and phone once they are charged back up.

5) Stayed at home allllll day. So nice! And guarantees no spending (except for online shopping, I suppose. haha).

6) Checked our power usage for the month online. I love to look at the daily breakdown and figure out the days and times where our usage peaks.

Edited: typo
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 10:55:22 AM by 1967mama »

choppingwood

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2561 on: February 19, 2015, 09:43:34 PM »
Had seen a large container of canola oil on sale a few days ago, but wasn't sure how much cash I would have this week. Stopped at the grocery store today to pick up a container once I had finished my other purchases. It was a really good price for what I pay for a 1.89 litre container. When I got it home, I realized it was a 3 litre container!

Gave the dog a haircut myself. It is pretty rough, but she is more comfortable and people keep commenting on how cute she is.

Checked out the e-book, movie and magazine offerings at my library in the city. In a few months, I go back to my rural place, but can still access the city library electronically. Huge savings on all kinds of materials. It also eliminates my problems in getting around to returning items from the library.

jennc123

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2562 on: February 19, 2015, 10:43:04 PM »
Used a $10 off $40 coupon at the grocery store.

Borrowed a book from a friend that I need to have read by next Wednesdays book club gathering.

jordanread

« Reply #2563 on: February 20, 2015, 05:57:15 AM »
So I knew this thread existed, and I'm pretty sure I've read most of it, but for some reason, I haven't posted. Thanks to the latest update, I actually looked at the 'trending' section of tapatalk, and rediscovered it!

So a big win/small thing happened on Valentine's day. I got up to make my coffee, and my coffee machine broke. I love my coffee. The GF asked if we needed to make a target run to get another one, and I almost said yes. Instead, I didn't say anything, got a big dopey grin, and ran out to the shed. Dug through some of the camping supplies, and got my campfire percolator. Messed around with my hand grinder, and I have now been enjoying my coffee with no strings attached to the grid. Hand Grinder, fire percolated (I know I've been using the stove, but I don't have to use the stove). Yay for power outage resistant coffee. And not buying a new coffee pot. That thing served me well.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 06:47:18 AM by jordanread »

Marian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2564 on: February 20, 2015, 06:09:15 AM »
Walked 2.5 miles (round trip) to get a few groceries.  The icy sidewalks gave my calves an extra workout, and I got to enjoy the beautiful sunny weather! 

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2565 on: February 20, 2015, 06:51:54 AM »
Shoved the leftovers I'd taken for my lunch into the freezer at work for next week when I didn't have time and had a granola bar for lunch instead. Yeah, I know, but at least I saved the leftovers!

Editing to add it was a store-brand granola bar, of course.

Marianne

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2566 on: February 20, 2015, 07:17:39 AM »
- leftovers for lunch
- made my own spelt-sesame-buttermilk bread (estimated cost incl. energy 1€)
- ordered some books for my colleague, it´s a win-win because I can use my discount card (she does not have one), the price difference was about 150€!!! And I can keep the receits for my taxes:-)
- extra cash this week 300€ (side job) + 50€ (from MIL) - all saved
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 07:42:38 AM by Marianne »

choppingwood

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2567 on: February 20, 2015, 08:23:22 AM »
Borrowed hiking books from a co-worker for an upcoming trip. They even have post-it notes identifying best hikes.

cashstasherat23

• Stubble
« Reply #2568 on: February 20, 2015, 08:34:57 AM »
For lunch today I am having Chicken Bacon Ranch pizza made with homemade flatbread dough I threw together last night, some shredded chicken I cooked up in my crockpot, and some leftover ranch dressing from my Superbowl party! Delicious and cheap :)

Chuck

• Bristles
« Reply #2569 on: February 20, 2015, 09:28:33 AM »
I just refinanced my house. My payment (including HOI and Taxes) went from 1,940.00 all the way down to 1777.00!

Closing costs were only 520 bucks, so I will break even after just three months. I'm stoked.

lunahsol

• Stubble
« Reply #2570 on: February 20, 2015, 11:27:24 AM »
*  just transferred $3500 to pay off high interest debt.  Ouch . . . it hurts to have it leave the savings account, but will save so much long-term.  Once credit card paid . . . one to go.
*  last slice of shepherd's pie for lunch today :)
*  signed up for rewards card for local grocery store and loaded digital coupons for the weekend shopping trip
*  devoting time today to getting up to speed on two side hustle projects

whew!

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2571 on: February 20, 2015, 12:43:05 PM »
Recently:

Saved 28% at last week's monthly grocery trip using coupons, and shopping the sales.

Used a $5 off coupon at the liquor store for my birthday party.  :D

Used a code for free shipping for two recent online purchases, one of which was free because of a gift card.

Speaking of my birthday party:  The plate of extra cranberry bliss bars I made went into the freezer that night, and will be donated to a bake sale fundraiser tomorrow.

Been eating leftovers for lunches, free farm raised eggs for breakfasts, and keeping food waste to a minimum.  As usual, bringing coffee and filtered water from home.

Saved .40 off a gallon at the pump using my grocery value card.

I am doing our taxes myself and any extra refund will go toward what little debt I have left.

We are refinancing our home next week to save $156 a month.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2572 on: February 20, 2015, 03:03:46 PM »
1) Hung a load of laundry out on the line. The sun has disappeared from this morning but its quite breezy so we will use that as our free laundry drying machine today! Does anyone else find hanging laundry to be mediative and therapeutic? I wish I felt that way about all my household chores!

2) Kids and I ate up leftover lentils, beef stew, rice and other refrigerator goodies for lunch. Interestingly, they were tempted to eat the newer food instead of the older food. Glad I caught them! haha!

3) Reusing tea leaves. Got 2 full pots out my leaves.

4) Taking advantage of the mattress recycling program in my area. Wrapped all 4 pieces in plastic wrap (as required) and will place on the curb side Monday morning. Saves me $80 in garbage disposal fees at the dump!!!! Huge win!

5) Yesterday's chicken bones are bubbling away in the crockpot to make a delicious chicken, vegetable, rice soup for dinner. Making double batch of biscuits to go with it.

6) Thawing ground beef for tomorrow. I find I save a lot of money if I'm a day ahead on my meals. Working hard to use up the organic farm chickens and beef that's in our freezer. August/September will come sooner than I think and the farmers will be calling again for next years order!

Joggernot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2573 on: February 20, 2015, 04:30:34 PM »
I mentioned earlier my decision process for our car.
1) buy a new car for $40,000
2) buy a good used car for $12,000
3) have the old car painted for $1,200

Here are photos of the painted old car.  Looks good again.  :)

PS: Sorry for the large photo.  Can't seem to remove it, either.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 04:35:45 PM by Joggernot »

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2574 on: February 20, 2015, 05:32:20 PM »
Joggernot, The old car looks fantastic! What a great idea! Also, the picture didn't appear overly large to me!

G-dog

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2575 on: February 20, 2015, 06:47:41 PM »
The car looks new!  Cool!

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2576 on: February 20, 2015, 08:24:56 PM »
Put 100% of my annual bonus into RRSP.     First time ever.. I usually keep a bit out to use on summer vacation, but this year I will save it first.

kathrynd

• Bristles
« Reply #2577 on: February 21, 2015, 04:01:41 AM »
1) Hung a load of laundry out on the line. The sun has disappeared from this morning but its quite breezy so we will use that as our free laundry drying machine today! Does anyone else find hanging laundry to be mediative and therapeutic? I wish I felt that way about all my household chores!

I'm 54. We have home movies of me at my grandparents house, hanging up clothes. I couldn't pinch the clothespin open, so I used my mouth.

It is the only household chore, I actually look forward to doing.

kander

• Bristles
« Reply #2578 on: February 21, 2015, 04:04:49 AM »
Cut the cable and land line.... It is gonna save us €18 p/m, starting in April.

G-dog

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2579 on: February 21, 2015, 06:37:59 AM »
Put 100% of my annual bonus into RRSP.     First time ever.. I usually keep a bit out to use on summer vacation, but this year I will save it first.

Way to go -congratulations! 

nico demouse

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2580 on: February 21, 2015, 07:08:43 AM »
We get an apple CSA at a great price, but not all the apples are perfect enough to be "lunch box" quality. Yesterday I finally sliced and peeled the ones that were too wrinkly or spotty to eat out of hand. They're perfect for applesauce, which I made in the crockpot. I'll repeat that today, and then will have about 8 pints of applesauce in the freezer. It's our go-to side dish for lunches and supper whenever there isn't something else to go with our meal.

Called Verizon and got our monthly bill lowered $40. It's still not at Mustachian levels, but it's under $100 now (for 2 smartphones with a small data plan). Apparently, they lowered their charges for data $10/month, but you have to call to get the lower price. Also, I found out we can get $15 off each phone on our bill each month because we are past our contract and have old phones. So, all together that was a $40 decrease in the bill for about 10 minutes on the phone with them.

Today I'm installing a Comcast modem (that I got from Freecycle) and cancelling our AT&T internet. This will lower our monthly internet bill from ~$50/month to ~$20/month. I'm a little nervous as we are also lowering the speed, but according to the superguide, we should be okay...

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2581 on: February 21, 2015, 09:33:31 AM »
I woke up early to take my dog for a walk.  I was tempted to stop at Starbucks to use my gc for a hot chocolate, but I breezed past (ok, the line was too long).

In order to use a few ingredients that were almost past due, I made chicken black bean enchiladas with ingredients we have on hand.  I needed to use up shredded chicken that I made a few weeks ago and froze.  I had a half open can of black beans and tortillas that were nearing their expiration date.

I also made homemade granola bars for the first time while the enchiladas were in the oven.  I'm hoping to get my husband to stop eating the expensive TJ's peanut butter granola bars.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #2582 on: February 21, 2015, 10:18:57 AM »
Had homegrown eggs and the last sweet potato from the garden for breakfast this morning.

This afternoon I'm going to look at some horse jumps I found on Craigslist last night.  The jump cups alone are worth what she's asking, and it would probably cost me 2x that much for the materials to build the same jumps from scratch.  Hoping they're well made and not rotten!

Found a few things I need for an upcoming trip on clearance with a code for an additional 30% off and free shipping, so $210 worth of stuff for $85.

Last night for dinner we had split pea soup with a hamhock, made with homemade turkey stock.  Super cheap and used up food that's been hanging around the house for too long.

ShaneD

• Stubble
« Reply #2583 on: February 21, 2015, 10:51:59 AM »
I mentioned earlier my decision process for our car.
1) buy a new car for $40,000
2) buy a good used car for $12,000
3) have the old car painted for $1,200

Here are photos of the painted old car.  Looks good again.  :)

Shiny!

Moonwaves

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2584 on: February 21, 2015, 11:10:12 AM »
Borrowed hiking books from a co-worker for an upcoming trip. They even have post-it notes identifying best hikes.
I mis-read this as boots and couldn't figure out why your co-worker wouldn't have removed their post-its first (quite apart from it probably not being a great idea to use someone else's boots anyway).

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2585 on: February 21, 2015, 11:47:47 AM »
I mis-read this as boots and couldn't figure out why your co-worker wouldn't have removed their post-its first

+1 !!! hahahaha

KD

• Stubble
  • "Waste is a resource out of place."-Coors Mfg.
« Reply #2586 on: February 21, 2015, 12:42:23 PM »
@Joggernot - The painted car looks fantastic!  Look at those savings!!!  That's badass!!!

Me, after running all my errands, I went to buy my Dad's birthday gift and stepped next door to buy the card & gift sack from Dollar Tree for $2.00, rather than the $4.00 + 3.50 they would've been next door.  While in Dollar Tree I bought myself a water $1, as I was away from home longer than I thought I'd be, and knew I was going on to the BBQ place for take out to eat.  Drinks there were $2.89.  Normally don't buy bottled water but today it became the lesser of two evils.

lunahsol

• Stubble
« Reply #2587 on: February 21, 2015, 12:59:59 PM »
Went to the grocery store for cat litter and found laundry detergent for $2.50 off the normal price!  Thanks to previous money-saving efforts this month, had the extra cash to stock up on 6 bottles.  Awesome! 

lunahsol

• Stubble
« Reply #2588 on: February 21, 2015, 01:08:22 PM »
Oh and I forgot to mention . . . . CUT UP and threw away the evil high interest credit card that I just paid off.  I won't cancel the account because the limit is sky high and I think it helps my credit score.  But I will never use the card again!! :) 

Kwill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2589 on: February 21, 2015, 05:01:17 PM »
I mis-read this as boots and couldn't figure out why your co-worker wouldn't have removed their post-its first (quite apart from it probably not being a great idea to use someone else's boots anyway).

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that misread it! I was imagining yellow post-it notes, one on top of each foot, flapping a bit as you hiked.

Today I decided at the last minute to go to a workshop where a simple lunch was provided. Now I'm having my packed lunch for dinner instead. I also found my lost reusable water bottle, which I'd left in a restroom last week but which was magically still there.

mm1970

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2590 on: February 21, 2015, 05:27:51 PM »
After an hour of pain and suffering navigating a website that wouldn't let us log in, and waiting a few hours for mile transfers, we booked four tickets from LA to the East Coast (and back) for the summer, for $200.

Was about $1650 if we'd paid for them out of pocket.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #2591 on: February 21, 2015, 07:28:23 PM »
This afternoon I'm going to look at some horse jumps I found on Craigslist last night.  The jump cups alone are worth what she's asking, and it would probably cost me 2x that much for the materials to build the same jumps from scratch.  Hoping they're well made and not rotten!

This was a big win.  Paid $70 for: Over $200 worth of lumber, conveniently already cut up, painted and turned into jump standards, saving me a weekend of labor; 5 rails that would run about $12 each, a pair of molded plastic jump holders that retail for $170, and 3 sets of jump cups, which run about $45 each.

southern granny

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2592 on: February 21, 2015, 07:38:27 PM »
I cut my dogs nails.  It is scary for me.  I didn't do it as close as the vet does, but it will do.  So now he is chewing on his sweet potato flavored chew (his current fav).  He is staying on the other side of the room from me.  Probably by tomorrow he will forgive me.

Roadhog

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2593 on: February 21, 2015, 08:00:09 PM »
We walked to the library with our dog to return a borrowed book.   Didn't find any money on the ground.  We are up to 18 cents of found money so far in 2015.

pancakes

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2594 on: February 21, 2015, 08:23:03 PM »
We walked to the library with our dog to return a borrowed book.   Didn't find any money on the ground.  We are up to 18 cents of found money so far in 2015.
We do our grocery shop on foot and almost always find money. In the last 6 months we are up around $55 (due to one $50 find). Usually it is between 5 and 20 cents a trip.

People buy up on grocery items with a 2c discount because of a big yellow sale ticket but won't stop to pick up the 10c coin they dropped? I don't get it.

maricela

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2595 on: February 21, 2015, 08:23:29 PM »

I cut my dogs nails.  It is scary for me.  I didn't do it as close as the vet does, but it will do.  So now he is chewing on his sweet potato flavored chew (his current fav).  He is staying on the other side of the room from me.  Probably by tomorrow he will forgive me.
even better, my beagle chews her back ones so I don't even have to cut them. Nice, short and smooth. Need to teach her to do her front ones.

choppingwood

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2596 on: February 21, 2015, 08:28:14 PM »

A little disinfectant spray and some good socks, and the boots would probably be fine.  ;-)  But I have some great boots. Only thing is a pack rat at a place I rented chewed the laces off, and I have to find new laces the right length some time this week.

choppingwood

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2597 on: February 21, 2015, 08:32:24 PM »

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that misread it! I was imagining yellow post-it notes, one on top of each foot, flapping a bit as you hiked.

No, in this part of the world, we put bells on our hiking boots, not post-it notes. Post-it notes are not known to warn the bears they need to get out of the way.

Kwill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2598 on: February 21, 2015, 08:54:59 PM »
We do our grocery shop on foot and almost always find money. In the last 6 months we are up around $55 (due to one $50 find). Usually it is between 5 and 20 cents a trip.

People buy up on grocery items with a 2c discount because of a big yellow sale ticket but won't stop to pick up the 10c coin they dropped? I don't get it.

This reminds me I bought a coffee on the way home, which was 99 cents plus 7 cents tax for $1.06. Buying the coffee wasn't very Mustachian, but... I gave the clerk $2, but rather than give me change for the $2, the clerk gave me back $1 and took 6 cents from a pile of change that people had abandoned on the counter. I hesitated, but he said it wasn't his money, people just leave their change all the time. So 6% discount from the friendly Anti-mustachians.

pancakes

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2599 on: February 22, 2015, 01:52:50 AM »
Since we are discussing finding money. I did my groceries today and sure enough and picked up 15c along the way.

While shopping DH also voluntarily swapped his favourite expensive yogurt for the cheaper stuff, saving us $4!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 06:59:48 AM by pancakes »