Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 8020635 times)

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #4750 on: November 09, 2015, 04:17:08 PM »
Here's a to a community that applauds ongoing effort as "constant vigilance" and not what other people call it ... nagging. :)

Our constant vigilance is paying off in the form of a $130 phone subsidy from work. Currently a one-off, but he will have a few uncomfortable conversations to see about getting a $60-$70 month subsidy.

A friend in the same industry has advised my husband and I to cancel our union membership, as it has become a toothless tiger. I'm torn on this one. It costs us about $115/month and we have never directly benefited from that, but the union has been involved in massive layoffs at my husband's large company. I work for a smaller company with no HR to speak of. And the industry is unstable and in decline. But I also know that we are working towards being financially stable independent of all those factors, and an $1400 a year will help us do that...

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4751 on: November 09, 2015, 04:47:15 PM »
Here's a to a community that applauds ongoing effort as "constant vigilance" and not what other people call it ... nagging. :)

Thumbs up to that!

Saving money: used the chickpeas I had cooked to make a giant quadruple batch of spicy hummus. Using up the last of our tahini, and won't be buying more after this. I've found that if I make the hummus with peppers, I don't notice the lack of tahini at all. It may be ever so slightly less smooth, but nothing major.

Now to convince myself to make real food tonight (need to use the veggies I bought for the curry), and not just eat spicy hummus with popcorn.

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4752 on: November 09, 2015, 05:06:00 PM »
I skipped grocery shopping the past two weekends.  I am out of some of my essentials and down to the dregs of quite a few things, but I think I can make it through the week.  I'm stuck eating things I'm not excited about and I don't have easy lunch options but I was getting too lazy and wasting too much food.  I'll be just fine even if I have to eat cold rice and beans a day or two. 

I'm hoping basics will be on sale for Thanksgiving by the time I make it back to the grocery. 

Tigerpine

• Bristles
« Reply #4753 on: November 09, 2015, 06:14:35 PM »
Some patience is finally paying off.

I have wanted a work chair for home for months now.  You know, the kind you buy at Office Depot for $100 or so.  I just couldn't bear to part with that kind of cash for that, so I've been waiting, silently biding my time.  Today I was able to bring one home from work for free!  All I had to do was put it aside before it went to the dumpster and ask the right guy to sign the release form.  I feel like a king in my new (to me) chair!

Orvell

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4754 on: November 09, 2015, 06:19:32 PM »

I have wanted a work chair for home for months now.  You know, the kind you buy at Office Depot for $100 or so.  I just couldn't bear to part with that kind of cash for that, so I've been waiting, silently biding my time.  Today I was able to bring one home from work for free!  All I had to do was put it aside before it went to the dumpster and ask the right guy to sign the release form.  I feel like a king in my new (to me) chair!
Ooooh! Great find! You waited for the right opportunity to present itself, and pounced on it! A+ work. :)

WorkingToUnwind

• Bristles
« Reply #4755 on: November 09, 2015, 06:48:47 PM »
Rode my bike to work. Brought leftovers for lunch. Returned stuff to Home Depot from a home improvement project we decided wasn't necessary.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4756 on: November 09, 2015, 07:10:08 PM »
Brought leftovers for lunch today only to be asked to attend an event that included a free lunch.

Half an hour of my time in exchange for tasty wraps, and my leftovers live to nourish another day,

Astatine

• Magnum Stache
  • Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #4757 on: November 09, 2015, 07:17:05 PM »

Well done! And you saved it from going to landfill, plus avoided the inherent environmental impact of buying a new chair!

Tyson

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4758 on: November 09, 2015, 07:40:14 PM »
I skipped grocery shopping the past two weekends.  I am out of some of my essentials and down to the dregs of quite a few things, but I think I can make it through the week.  I'm stuck eating things I'm not excited about and I don't have easy lunch options but I was getting too lazy and wasting too much food.  I'll be just fine even if I have to eat cold rice and beans a day or two. 

I'm hoping basics will be on sale for Thanksgiving by the time I make it back to the grocery.

I am in this exact situation - things are running low of the "well loved" food in our house and I felt the need to do a Costco run.  But I don't want to spend the money right now, so we're working our way through the "second tier" food we have.  I'm actually quite please - we are saving money and being more efficient with regard to our previous food purchases.  Man, before MMM this type of thinking would never have even occurred to me!

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4759 on: November 09, 2015, 08:43:32 PM »
Really wanted pizza last night. Ate leftovers instead.

Kwill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4760 on: November 10, 2015, 05:07:02 AM »
I got my roommate to drive me to the airport for a flight too early for public transportation. Taking a taxi would have been about $50, and parking at the airport for a week would have been $140 in "economy" parking. I also brought an empty water bottle and filled it at a water fountain once I got through security.

aetherie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4761 on: November 10, 2015, 08:22:25 AM »
I won $50 in a sweepstakes and I biked to work even though it was raining.

Orvell

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4762 on: November 10, 2015, 08:28:58 AM »
Made a big batch of cabbage rice and bean... soup? slop?
It's somewhat Newtonian and neither a liquid nor a solid, but damn if it isn't filling and cheap. ;)
It will be my lunch for the entire week.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4763 on: November 10, 2015, 09:33:13 AM »
I got a great night's sleep. Bear with me. I have found my impulse control is MUCH BETTER when I've slept well. I'm more productive, cook more, and generally happier, so I spend less money when I'm well rested.

A little esoteric, but hey, I think it counts!

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #4764 on: November 10, 2015, 11:31:41 AM »
My dog is having surgery today, so I checked my various credit card rewards balances and will pay with the account that will accrue enough points to get a statement credit or gift card back.  I've also arranged to telework the next few days so I can do the surgery after-care rather than bringing him to the vet each morning on my way to the office.

choppingwood

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4765 on: November 10, 2015, 11:37:57 AM »
My dog is having surgery today, .... I've also arranged to telework the next few days so I can do the surgery after-care rather than bringing him to the vet each morning on my way to the office.

You and your dog will be much happier about this arrangement, too. Good luck!

Orvell

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4766 on: November 10, 2015, 01:29:46 PM »
I got a great night's sleep. Bear with me. I have found my impulse control is MUCH BETTER when I've slept well. I'm more productive, cook more, and generally happier, so I spend less money when I'm well rested.

A little esoteric, but hey, I think it counts!
That's a really good observation!

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4767 on: November 10, 2015, 06:18:44 PM »
Had a brainwave about stale bread last night.

One of my favourite summer salads is panzanella, with crusty bread to mop up all the amazing tomato and basil dressing.

To make panzanella I would usually buy a $5 or $6 loaf of foccacia (for a recipe calling for stale bread), tear it into pieces, bake it on low to dry it out (with my oven, using electricity I pay for), then add it into a famously rustic salad.

At 10pm last night I was staring at the last three pieces of stale bread in the bag, when an idea formed...

Honestly, just when I think I have economised every area of my life something like this happens to remind me that I'm a world-class moron and this is why every single habit needs to be re-examined.

So I took the bread out of the bag, left it out for a couple of hours to dry out, then put it in the freezer to be recycled into panzanella.

(At least I always use up my soft tomatoes in panzanella. If I need to supplement I buy the 'odd bunch' slightly less attractive tomatoes.)

11ducks

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4768 on: November 10, 2015, 08:34:50 PM »
It's somewhat Newtonian and neither a liquid nor a solid, but damn if it isn't filling and cheap. ;)

If its tasty, do you have a recipe? Ive had bean and carrot stew/mush for work for a few weeks and would love to branch out to other fine slop-based cuisines.

peppermint

• Stubble
« Reply #4769 on: November 10, 2015, 09:33:33 PM »
Repaired a split in my rubber boots with duct tape. Not sure how long it will hold, but so far so good.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #4770 on: November 10, 2015, 10:05:22 PM »
My dog is having surgery today, .... I've also arranged to telework the next few days so I can do the surgery after-care rather than bringing him to the vet each morning on my way to the office.

You and your dog will be much happier about this arrangement, too. Good luck!

Thank you.  Poor bugger has a pretty big hole in his leg. :(

Orvell

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4771 on: November 10, 2015, 10:07:52 PM »

If its tasty, do you have a recipe? Ive had bean and carrot stew/mush for work for a few weeks and would love to branch out to other fine slop-based cuisines.
Sure! My methodology/recipie is about as loosey goosey as it gets, but here's what I do:

Sautee a small onion (or however much onion as you want) in oil for 5-10 minutes in a large pot
Then add a crap ton of very finely chopped cabbage (8 cups is your goal, but your pot size dictates this more than anything else)
Cook this with one cup of broth for 10+ minutes (broth of your choice; I use veggie)
Add an additional 3 cups of broth and 1 cup of arborio rice and cook for another 15 minutes (or until the rice is about done)
Then add a can of red kidney beans (or a not can if you've got a pressure cooker on hand, but kidney beans are one of the ones I worry about so I skip that and pay for the water and packaging) and cook 5 minutes...

and then you're done!
You have your very own cheap, filling, and newtonian mush. :)

Kitsune

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4772 on: November 11, 2015, 11:55:13 AM »
Saw cloth napkins in a fabric I really like (dark florals on a burgundy background), 35$ for 4 napkins. Went to the fabric store, found a similar fabric, bought 2m (enough for 8 napkins - we use 6 on a regular basis) for 7.50$, and spent an hour sewing them up. Savings: 62.50$.

I find value in having a 'pretty' dinner table - I find it makes dinner feel more special and makes us want to go out less.

Ceridwen

• Stubble
« Reply #4773 on: November 11, 2015, 12:33:30 PM »
Saw cloth napkins in a fabric I really like (dark florals on a burgundy background), 35$ for 4 napkins. Went to the fabric store, found a similar fabric, bought 2m (enough for 8 napkins - we use 6 on a regular basis) for 7.50$, and spent an hour sewing them up. Savings: 62.50$.

I find value in having a 'pretty' dinner table - I find it makes dinner feel more special and makes us want to go out less.

That's awesome.  I bought a bunch of beautiful (and very cheap) cloth napkins in Sri Lanka a few years ago with the intention of using them as our everyday napkins, but then I got lazy and put them away.  I'm going to dig them up tonight.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4774 on: November 11, 2015, 03:04:56 PM »
I needed new black flats for work and there is one brand I favour.

I signed up for their loyalty program in store but hadn't linked it with my online account. I just persisted in doing that (I have a vague memory of trying it once before and it seeming like more trouble than it was worth).

It was definitely worth it, I had enough reward points to save $25 off my order, plus free shipping.

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4775 on: November 11, 2015, 04:02:20 PM »
A few days ago I mentioned skipping grocery shopping and using up things I had.  Yesterday I turned 1/2 a chicken breast (the last meat in the house) 2 past prime carrots, 3 huge onions and a couple spears of frozen brocolli into curry.  It is so delicious.  I'm eating it over the last of my rice.  It should last through the weekend.

This evening I am making pumpkin custard topped with pecans.  I'm using a bent discount can of pumpkin & the last cup of milk.  I only have about 1/4 cup of sugar left, so I'll rely on honey and molasses to sweeten it, those are better options anyway.  It will also warm the apartment while baking. 

I've been badassng my way through some cold nights.  I turned the heat on this morning for a few minutes while I was getting ready for the day, but layers and hot tea have been pretty effective.

Salt isn't expensive but it seems silly to buy a canister of table salt when I have a jar full of sea salt, so I am making it work.  I don't have a mill, but I cleaned up my coffee grinder and reduced the size a bit.

I've been handwashing laundry to put off trips to the laundromat.  It's not that bad.

I'm determined to get  my moneys worth out of my fancy pants liberal arts college.  I'm not all into "#collegelife" but music, art shows, lectures, workshops, entertainment?  I am there.  Free food has been pretty scarce but I am getting good at packing!  I recently did a couple surverys to get entered in a bookstore giftcard drawing....  crossing my fingers. 

Nangirl17

• Stubble
« Reply #4776 on: November 11, 2015, 05:42:50 PM »
I reveled in the luxury of a hot washcloth to wash my face. I figure if I can feel pampered during my daily routine with a simple facecloth, why would I need to be pampered with a $$pedicure$$? (I also find a hot shower to feel extraordinarily luxurious!)

Took my lunch to work today, ate leftovers for supper, resisted the urge to buy a chocolate bar at the grocery store (where we were picking up multiples of the loss leader, of course!), and instead ate some of ds halloween candy lol. Now going downstairs to watch a library DVD!

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4777 on: November 11, 2015, 05:45:32 PM »
Inspired by the 'use it up' brigade, I surveyed the fridge last night for what needs to be eaten before we shop next.

Soft tomatoes, limes, capsicum, chicken ... I have a jar of enchilada sauce in the pantry, so Mexican for dinner tomorrow.

ShaneD

• Stubble
« Reply #4778 on: November 11, 2015, 06:10:53 PM »
A couple of years ago, I'd switched from overpriced, fancypants-brand body moisturizer to pharmacy-level bargain-brand body moisturizer. (Doesn't smell as fun, but actually works better.) Comes in one of those big plastic pump bottles.

Today the pump stopped pumping, suggesting that the bottle was empty, but you could tell from the weight of it that there was definitely still product inside. I cut the bottle in half and scooped the leftover moisturizer into a (marked) ramekin, and holy frijole: out of a 20-oz bottle, there was a full 3 oz of product remaining. 15% of the bottle was completely inaccessible to the average customer. I've now got weeks more product to use.

Tamster

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4779 on: November 11, 2015, 06:16:23 PM »
As today was a holiday - thank you to all who serve - my boys were home from school. We watched Empire Strikes Back and made Christmas cookies (we freeze them after sampling).

Inspired by the cooking successes here, I made my first batch of homemade focaccia bread today to go with supper. The boys and I loved it! It was great to make bread again.

I also paid bills (much lower electric bill this month --- switching those lights off and having no ac makes a difference).

I decided to not shop for food tomorrow, and wait the extra day for the Friday sale so I can get next week's shopping and some turkey day shopping done.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4780 on: November 11, 2015, 06:36:05 PM »
DIY squat rack! Well, not a rack per se, but a stand. This rounds out our current home gym projects- we can do all the olympic lifts now in our garage! So two aspects of money savings- 1, we didn't buy a pre-made squat rack ($$$), and 2- we're not paying for gym memberships (which then also saves gas, as we're not walking distance to a gym).

Tyson

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4781 on: November 11, 2015, 06:59:30 PM »
DIY squat rack! Well, not a rack per se, but a stand. This rounds out our current home gym projects- we can do all the olympic lifts now in our garage! So two aspects of money savings- 1, we didn't buy a pre-made squat rack ($$$), and 2- we're not paying for gym memberships (which then also saves gas, as we're not walking distance to a gym).

Oh, more details please, I'd love to have a go at a DIY squat rack.

sunshine

• Stubble
« Reply #4782 on: November 11, 2015, 07:22:34 PM »
Same old boring stuff. Cooked meals, packed our lunches. Minimal heat. Did some removable caulking for the winter on the 12 foot high Windows.

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4783 on: November 11, 2015, 07:45:27 PM »
Looks like my water heater crapped out 2 weeks ago when I was staying with a friend. Turned power off to it when I wasn't going to be home. Got back and turned on power and now it's not working at all. I've been taking cold showers until I have enough time next week to call a plumber. I found the showers aren't too bad. But I do have a gym and showers at work so half the time I shower there.

My power bill is going to be even lower than low this month.

I'm thinking  since I live alone I can get by with cold showers sometimes so why not just turn on water heater when running the dishwasher or clothes washer or when I want to take a hot shower? Is that bad for the water heater to turn on and off like that?

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4784 on: November 11, 2015, 08:44:19 PM »
A couple of years ago, I'd switched from overpriced, fancypants-brand body moisturizer to pharmacy-level bargain-brand body moisturizer. (Doesn't smell as fun, but actually works better.) Comes in one of those big plastic pump bottles.

Today the pump stopped pumping, suggesting that the bottle was empty, but you could tell from the weight of it that there was definitely still product inside. I cut the bottle in half and scooped the leftover moisturizer into a (marked) ramekin, and holy frijole: out of a 20-oz bottle, there was a full 3 oz of product remaining. 15% of the bottle was completely inaccessible to the average customer. I've now got weeks more product to use.

Welcome to the dissecting-the-moisturiser-bottle club, there are tens of us!

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4785 on: November 11, 2015, 09:46:58 PM »
Packed breakfast and lunch. 

Cooked dinner from the freezer

Had a craving for cookies, so I made a giant chocolate chip cookie.  I didn't have chocolate chips, so I diced up part of a dark chocolate bar.  I didn't have brown sugar, so I used a bit more vanilla and regular sugar. 

10dollarsatatime

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4786 on: November 11, 2015, 09:50:11 PM »
Trimmed the poodles' feet/faces/sanitary areas.  I have no idea how much I saved, as I've never taken them in for a professional grooming.  Luckily they are really patient dogs, as I'm not very good at this yet.  I am certain, however, that with this second trimming, I've definitely saved at least as much money as the mid-range trimmers cost.

Sold a couple more items from my junk room.

Resisted the urge to go out to eat.  Using fridge stuff instead.

Kaikou

• Pencil Stache
  • Kermit is like a box of chocolates
« Reply #4787 on: November 11, 2015, 10:08:57 PM »
returned some garbage to Amazon

hope I dont get banned

plainjane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4788 on: November 12, 2015, 06:22:07 AM »
I'm thinking  since I live alone I can get by with cold showers sometimes so why not just turn on water heater when running the dishwasher or clothes washer or when I want to take a hot shower? Is that bad for the water heater to turn on and off like that?

I don't know about how good it is for the water heater, but it can be bad for you if you don't follow guidelines around how long the water temperature needs to be at certain level to kill various bugs.  I see from http://www.treehugger.com/green-food/is-it-safe-to-turn-down-your-water-heater-temperature.html that this is very Canadian view on the subject :)

mbl

• Bristles
« Reply #4789 on: November 12, 2015, 07:49:03 AM »
-We were in London for 10 days and did  the usual staying in an AirBnb, cooking,  walking or taking the tube and doing many free things,  but  I came up with something that I thought was kind of cool.
We went to visit Liberty's, a store known for it's textiles which I really was interested in seeing.  They had one whole floor dedicated to materials for sewing all manner of things as well as various bolts for drapes and upholstery.   I got them to give me an number of material samples of some very pretty patterns.  Came home and a friend sewed them together into a mini-quilt.   I thought it was a really nice "souvenir" if you will and didn't cost anything.

-I'd signed up for the Chase Sapphire card before we left and was able to make about 10% back on what I spent.  I was pretty happy with that.

-I've been gleaning butternut squash, peppers and broccoli from the farm fields surrounding our land.   Even after the fields are turned over, there's still a lot of stuff on the edges of the fields  that don't get plowed under.   I've been cooking and freezing the squash as it seems to keep very well and just using whatever else I find.

-Doing my usual ebay sales of things that I have or have been given and can't use.  I found a bunch of small items that were stored in the rafters in our garage so I put those up.   I've found that there's always someone to buy the items if you 're just patient.

-Keep using my Bing searches to earn rewards cards.  This has been a really nice find for me.

Verdandi

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4790 on: November 12, 2015, 08:02:59 AM »
We went to visit Liberty's, a store known for it's textiles which I really was interested in seeing.  They had one whole floor dedicated to materials for sewing all manner of things as well as various bolts for drapes and upholstery.   I got them to give me an number of material samples of some very pretty patterns.  Came home and a friend sewed them together into a mini-quilt.   I thought it was a really nice "souvenir" if you will and didn't cost anything.

That's awesome! and it will be a much more individual souvenir than Kate on a 10 pound mug ;)

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4791 on: November 12, 2015, 08:41:03 AM »

Oh, more details please, I'd love to have a go at a DIY squat rack.

What we didn't isn't too fancy. We don't have enough space for a full squat stand, so we did a bucket system so that we can move them as needed.

Basically this:
http://www.endofthreefitness.com/crossfit-equipment-homemade-squat-bench-press-stand/ Although we didn't include the bench press height board.

You can do a stand, too, but it's a bit more materials intensive. All told, we spent like $36 on this. Biggest challenge was getting the boards to stay upright, because the base of our buckets weren't perfectly even. We ended up drilling a crossbrace at the top of the bucket, and for side to side wobble, I held while DH painstakingly shoveled in individual scoops to spread. Annoying, but damn if our stands are not perfectly level.

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4792 on: November 12, 2015, 09:38:46 AM »
I've been muttering to myself that I should go buy some dry fava beans for use as seed, but then I looked in my seed box and discovered I already had half a seed packet of fava beans.

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4793 on: November 12, 2015, 10:40:54 AM »
Chopped up the last of the cabbage and added it to the last of the beef stew.  Dinner will be cooked cabbage with shreds of beef and  the occasional carrot or potato.

Tyson

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4794 on: November 12, 2015, 01:37:20 PM »

Very clever, I would never have thought of using wood - I've only ever seen steel squat racks.  Love how the bench press section is integrated in there too.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4795 on: November 12, 2015, 02:14:41 PM »

Very clever, I would never have thought of using wood - I've only ever seen steel squat racks.  Love how the bench press section is integrated in there too.

We did a very small version of that a few months back for stands for our bar to rack weight, and it has held up very well. (Deadlift stands, basically... or deadlift jacks. Not sure exactly what they'd be called). Since those have worked out so well, even for DH's stupidly heavy deadlift PRs, I figured the squat stands would be a safe bet =) And you really can't beat $36!

lunahsol

• Stubble
« Reply #4796 on: November 12, 2015, 05:07:56 PM »
*  the usual free work coffee and homemade lunch
*  also brought homemade frozen meal to put in work freezer for tomorrow
*  stocked desk drawer with free snacks that i saved from someone who was tossing them
*  put $100 into "holiday" envelope . . . to make things easier on my future self
*  hung laundry to dry this morning

ShaneD

• Stubble
« Reply #4797 on: November 12, 2015, 05:46:37 PM »

Welcome to the dissecting-the-moisturiser-bottle club, there are tens of us!

:D Thank you! I could kick my old self in the head for not doing that sooner.

Bracken_Joy, there's no other way to say this: Nice rack!

Today:
* Did financial stuff for our small business, including putting money into our 401ks. Unsure as yet if we'll max them out this year, but we'll sure come damn close.
* Made sure to take chicken and vegetables out of the freezer to thaw this morning, rather than forgetting until dinner time and ending up calling delivery.
* Missed lunch (was involved in work), so quite hungry now. But fighting that urge to do takeout, too, and ate some celery with peanut butter instead.
* Been using up random things before we move in a couple of months. Today I put an oatmeal soap meant for dry skin that's been sitting in a closet for probably a decade into rotation as kitchen hand soap.
* Made $20 selling some old DVDs.

Orvell

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4798 on: November 12, 2015, 05:50:06 PM »
Did my own haircut for the month! I have an undercut, so it's not hard: #2 buzzer on the sides and back. \o/
$20 bucks in the stash, right there.

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4799 on: November 12, 2015, 05:50:21 PM »
Helped my friend partially clean up/clear out her late mother's hoarder house.

My friend offered me my pick of jewelry as a thank you offering, but that's not my thing. I did take about 400 Forever stamps, two fire extinguishers, some packing tape, two cans of Comet cleaner and an intriguing little book called Old-Time Pickling and Spicing Recipes.

Long story short, I won't need to buy any stamps for...forever?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk