Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 8021185 times)

alewpanda

• Bristles
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #9200 on: July 11, 2017, 07:58:09 PM »
Our blue ray player broke.  We have a collection of about 20 dvds that we watch occasionally, plus once and a while we rent a redbox movie.  DH was already looking at Amazon's prime day deals for one, but I convinced him that since we have no blue rays that didn't also come with dvds, we can simply hook up his laptop to the tv for now.  We may buy one again someday... (I'm hoping not, but there are two of us in this house...lol), but I'm still proud that he agreed to wait! 

privatevoid

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9201 on: July 11, 2017, 09:11:19 PM »
Turned off the A/C. Left it off. It's a nice, balmy 79 in my apartment and I'm comfortable with the fan on. I get cold as heck below 75 now.

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9202 on: July 11, 2017, 10:10:32 PM »
* Breakfast was homemade waffles and coffee.
* Found a whole chicken marked half off as a manager's special; just finished roasting it using the Thomas Keller/Epicurious "recipe" and that will be our main meal tomorrow.
* Watered our walnut seedling with French press rinse water from the rain barrel; the coffee grounds promote worm activity.
* Sold three items on eBay and will ship them in recycled materials.
* Cut feverfew blossoms from our own yard for table flowers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lauran75

• Stubble
« Reply #9203 on: July 12, 2017, 12:17:46 PM »
After having put several books in my Amazon cart last night, I decided to check the library before submitting my order. I was able to find all of the books I was wanting to order! (I still may order one or two of them after having a chance to see how useful they'll be - cookbooks.) So, a savings of about $49.

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9204 on: July 12, 2017, 02:03:32 PM »
My backpack bit the dust last week. Got one for 20% off on Prime day, and another $10 off for using a Discover card. Paid for the difference with cash back.

Hermione76

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9205 on: July 12, 2017, 02:09:44 PM »
Made pasta salad to take on my day trip to SFO tomorrow, so I won't need to buy food at the airport.

Pre-made dinner for Mr. Hermione for tomorrow, as I'll be in SF.

Walked to/from the grocery store this morning (it's only 0.5 miles).

Made sun tea in the backyard (old school, like my grandmother used to!) in a vintage (thrifted) "sun tea" jar.

FrugalAussie

• Stubble
« Reply #9206 on: July 12, 2017, 06:31:00 PM »
I'm currently reading The life you can save by Peter Singer. I find it very inspiring and, given that I want to contribute more of my time and $ to addressing social issues (particularly violence against women and FASD) here in my local community and in Cambodia (where I worked in an NGO for 12 months), has motivated me to be even more mindful of how I spend my money.

Savings:
- Reserved some books from the library online.  This year I've committed to buying no books and have been so very well served by our excellent library That I have maintained this pledge.  However, I may give in if the rumour is true, that a new edition of Your Money or Your Life is being released this year.
- Changed my phone plan, one inherited from work, saved $171/12 months
- Shifted plans for dinner to avoid making a trip to the shops. We'll have Satay Prawns next week when I can buy the extra ingredients required during our regular weekly shop (need to spend $50). Tonight is pasta with a creamy mushroom/Gorgonzola  sauce (we don't use cream, rather homemade yogurt) and salad. YUM!

Now, I need to get off the computer and do an online yoga class, then out into the garden as finally we have a sunny day after three days of rain. I'll get the washing on first so I can peg it out early.

SingleMomDebt

« Reply #9207 on: July 12, 2017, 07:46:17 PM »
Made limeade - boiled in the sugar to give it a smooth taste - as I wanted something different to drink besides water.
Cut up the lime rinds into small pieces and stuck them in the freezer to use them as a disposal freshener when needed.
Took out some dal from the freezer and had that for lunch with sides available in the fridge and/or pantry.

saved myself from going out to eat or to the store. Made do.

fuzzy math

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9208 on: July 12, 2017, 08:43:17 PM »
Needed to make a small grocery run. Looked up weekly ads for my 2 closest stores and made a plan for where to go and what to get. Also was out of gas and used up tonight's fuel rewards from said trip immediately after.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9209 on: July 13, 2017, 01:11:48 AM »
My DH took the car to work yesterday. He usually takes the train, but the trains are not driving because of railroad work and summer schedules. The rest of the country is on vacation, so the motorway is very quiet for a change. But in Oslo city you need to pay toll to enter by car. My DH works just inside the toll ring. Yesterday he put the Brompton bicycle in the car, parked at a summer-closed school just outside the toll ting and cycled the last 2 kms and saved toll money. Smart!

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #9210 on: July 13, 2017, 04:43:01 AM »
I have spent no money this week so far.  I take my lunch to work, and just go straight to work and back again each day. 

Next week we are getting family visitors though, and I will be put to the test.  It is so easy for me to spend money then -- going out to eat, for a drink, etc.  I'm going to have to stay really strong. 

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9211 on: July 13, 2017, 08:01:23 AM »
Spontaneously went to see Spider-Man with the husband last night. But we had a partial theater gift card to use up, so we didn't pay full price.

11ducks

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9212 on: July 14, 2017, 05:15:05 AM »
So close to getting takeaway after a long day, was online ready to order, then made myself log off and found some noodles in the cupboard that I had instead. Not as nice, but $15 that I didn't need to spend!

FrugalAussie

• Stubble
« Reply #9213 on: July 14, 2017, 05:58:53 AM »
Today's saving: Asked my husband to hide the chocolate!

Lauran75

• Stubble
« Reply #9214 on: July 14, 2017, 07:48:37 AM »
I had brought one teabag to work with me (to cold brew) in my water bottle. As I was pulling the string out, I accidentally pulled it ALL the way out. I didn't want to waste it (plus I really wanted my tea!) so I tried to staple the string on. That didn't work. So, then I tried pulling the string through the staple and tying a knot - after about 6 minutes of fiddling with it, that worked!

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9215 on: July 14, 2017, 08:06:44 AM »
Dog is on prescription food (temporarily) for a health crisis that emerged. This stuff is spendy (like $3.50 per can normally, and 1 can per day). So to cut costs:
-First went to petsmart. I signed up for their 'pet perks' rewards or something like that. Ended up with, round 1, a coupon for 20% off. Then round 2, a coupon for $10 off. That ran me out of eligible coupons, so then...
-I signed up for chewy.com. To set up a first time auto-renew delivery, it was 20% off plus the 5% off for the auto-ship you always get. I bought 2 cases instead of 1 to max out the savings and get free delivery. I can cancel the autoship anytime.
-THEN, I opened the mail to find that the manufacturer had sent me a $10 off coupon, since banfield (the vet inside petsmart) had to set up a prescription profile for me to order the food, and I guess that triggered the company thinking it was a new prescription through them. Woo.

Anyway, hopefully all of this will get us through the couple months the dog needs to be on this food, and we'll have never paid full price! =)

Other ways we've saved money:
-Learned that propane tank exchanges are super cost inefficient, and usually not totally filled. So since our tanks were both empty, we went to a gas station that does propane fills. For $21, we got BOTH tanks filled, and they're WAY heavier than the exchange tanks (from certain stores, AHEM, but roughly the same as Home Depot does! So way to go Home Depot), so the partial fill is obviously true for some places. When we do the exchange, it's $20 per tank. So we saved at a minimum 50%, but likely way more because there is a larger fill. WOW. We will definitely keep doing it this way!

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9216 on: July 14, 2017, 08:52:21 AM »
We were going to order pizza last night, but accidentally filled up on CheezIts and cookies. Not the healthiest decision, but it meant we didn't order the pizza.

sw1tch

• Bristles
« Reply #9217 on: July 14, 2017, 10:04:13 AM »
We were going to order pizza last night, but accidentally filled up on CheezIts and cookies. Not the healthiest decision, but it meant we didn't order the pizza.

I eat really unhealthily when at work and people bring in treats.  If someone brings donuts, I eat enough donuts to sustain me until dinner.  If someone brings bagels, it's the same deal.  If I happened to bring a lunch, I save it for the next day.  If there are extra treats leftover at the end of the day, I grab some to save for the next day where the process repeats.  I just cannot help that I am a free food devourer (and have a sweet tooth at that).

For some reason this week has been free donut week and I've been eating really, really, really bad (but free)!!!!

Monday: Someone brought a huge batch of donuts; I ate 5 or so throughout the day and saved 6 in my drawer.
Tuesday: There were still tons of leftover donuts, so I had another 5 of 'em.
Wednesday: I ate 4 of the ones in my drawer.
Thursday: I brought a lunch today, but someone else brought donuts (I ate 6 throughout the day).  Saved my lunch for Friday.
Friday: I ate the last 2 donuts from Monday for breakfast.  I also had one of the leftovers from yesterday; however, I'll be eating my lunch from yesterday as it's the weekend.

Damn, I just admitted to eating 23 donuts in one week.  WTH is wrong with me?  I obviously have a problem with eating too many donuts when they're available.  I know once I FIRE, eating any will just be a treat since I rarely buy them myself.

Btw, when there aren't treats, I usually have a loaf of bread, tub of Peanut Butter and packets of honey in my drawer and eat that instead - also supplemented with fruit and mixed nuts.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9218 on: July 14, 2017, 10:10:44 AM »
-Had a crappy blood draw, so husband wants to spoil me and go to Wonder Woman. (We haven't seen a movie in theatres since Ender's Game, haha). Opting to go to the matinee, to save some money on it.

-Trying to price out a trip. Might 1 shot a 20 hour drive to avoid the $650+ airfare, or the hotel costs/shortened vacation of a 2 day drive each way.

jordanread

« Reply #9219 on: July 14, 2017, 10:32:51 AM »
-Had a crappy blood draw, so husband wants to spoil me and go to Wonder Woman. (We haven't seen a movie in theatres since Ender's Game, haha). Opting to go to the matinee, to save some money on it.

-Trying to price out a trip. Might 1 shot a 20 hour drive to avoid the $650+ airfare, or the hotel costs/shortened vacation of a 2 day drive each way.

I missed the 'a' in 'a trip'. I just thought it was super long drive to a theater. :)

Fishindude

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9220 on: July 14, 2017, 10:39:29 AM »
Neighbors called this morning and gave me a free hog. Dressed and skinned it and have it hanging in walk in cooler to process in a few days.  Will make a bunch of good sausage, plus loins and ribs.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9221 on: July 14, 2017, 04:43:55 PM »

I missed the 'a' in 'a trip'. I just thought it was super long drive to a theater. :)

Ha, no, definitely different items on that list! We actually ended up walking to the movie =) Would have biked, but a lot of bikes get stolen there =(

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9222 on: July 14, 2017, 05:58:34 PM »
Damn, I just admitted to eating 23 donuts in one week.
Wow!

Neighbors called this morning and gave me a free hog. Dressed and skinned it and have it hanging in walk in cooler to process in a few days.
Double wow!

It is most excellent when the right bonus hits the right person. I don't think I would have been in a position to take advantage of either of those bonanzas.

Sixof1

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9223 on: July 14, 2017, 05:59:55 PM »
Took a little mustachian break while moving but trying to get back on track!
A few things from the past few days:

- forgot to get Greek yogurt for a snack at work, instead on running out and buying it I suffered through with stale rice cakes and Pb2

- wanted to treat myself to take out so badly tonight but stayed strong and actually ended up making an awesome pesto with ingredients from our garden!

- coworkers invited me to HH tonight, I thought I was going to have to pick up my race packet for a 5k I'm walking tomorrow but turns out I can get it tomorrow, still said no to HH though since it was at a very pricey place.

- pulled a load of laundry out of the dryer (we need a new one desperately but that's a steperate issue) and it was still damp, instead of running it again I pulled everything it out and hung it where I could throughout the house.

- cleaned out my closet and have SO MUCH to get rid of! So I will take it to a local resale shop tomorrow

- tomorrow I will walk to an appointment even tho I will have already gone that way while walking the dog, I'm low on gas and want to hold out for Sunday when I have to make a 1.5 hr drive

fruitfly

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9224 on: July 14, 2017, 06:01:26 PM »
Drank two beers at work (going away party) so as to get start on my Friday. Free beer tastes the best.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9225 on: July 15, 2017, 05:05:37 AM »
Free exercise helping Marty lug a dining suite down three flights of stairs. :D

Cut my husband's hair.

WerKater

• Bristles
« Reply #9226 on: July 15, 2017, 09:44:47 AM »
Scored a really good, only slightly used daybed for our new flat.
And brought it there in our Skoda Fabia.
- Money saved by buying used: ~150€
- Money saved by not owning a bigger car: A shit-ton.
- Being able to passively annoy people who are convinced that such a small car is completely useless once you have children: priceless.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 09:49:49 AM by WerKater »

Catbert

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9227 on: July 15, 2017, 12:31:20 PM »
Saw my neighbor in his backyard and offered him some of my home grown tomatoes.  After accepting, he went a picked me about a dozen peaches.  Delicious.  The farmer's market sells not-quite-as-good peaches for $3.50 a pound ($4. for organic).

I've been eating free tomatoes once a day since late June.  Fresh tomato sauce over pasta, bread salad, just chopped with basil and cheese.  Lots of free lunches.  I've also dried a ton of cherry tomatoes - enough to fill a quart baggie with dried tomatoes.  (I hate to say it, but I'm starting to get tired of tomatoes.)

Alfred J Quack

• Bristles
« Reply #9228 on: July 15, 2017, 01:37:28 PM »
- Being able to passively annoy people who are convinced that such a small car is completely useless once you have children: priceless.
Is that the combi version or just the regular one? The combi is not that small and can actually haul a decent amount in the boot (for european standards) :) It was on our shortlist too but my wife thought it drove like a city bus and made her nausious (she was pregnant of our second at the time). We ended up with a Hyundai I30 (we had the I10 before that), decent model and even though its 200kgs heavier its got the same mileage because its a newer generation engine :)

WerKater

• Bristles
« Reply #9229 on: July 16, 2017, 01:10:56 AM »
Is that the combi version or just the regular one? The combi is not that small and can actually haul a decent amount in the boot (for european standards) :) It was on our shortlist too but my wife thought it drove like a city bus and made her nausious (she was pregnant of our second at the time). We ended up with a Hyundai I30 (we had the I10 before that), decent model and even though its 200kgs heavier its got the same mileage because its a newer generation engine :)
The regular one. I sometimes marvel at what I could lug around with the Combi (Station Wagon) version. But so far, the regular one was enough.
However, I suppose that a small concession too having a child now will be that our next car will probably be slightly larger and certainly a Combi. My parents-in-law have an I30 and that's a nice car, too. I must admit that I have a bit of a weakness for the Skoda Octavia. But first we will see how long the Fabia will do.

BAM

• Stubble
« Reply #9230 on: July 16, 2017, 09:51:01 AM »
This is over the last three days:
Stocked up on various chicken on sale at 77 cents a pound - 4 fryers (2 meals roast chicken, 2 meals soup), 8 flats chicken legs (4 dinners plus lunches for DH and two oldest sons for work), 4 flats thighs (4 dinners). SO glad to have this after losing all our fridge/freezer stuff last month when the power was turned off during a fire evacuation in our neighborhood.
Signed up to babysit during my son's music class. Should pay enough for his class to be free.
Started hanging laundry again (put on hold while we moved after selling our house 2 weeks ago)
Found bikes for 3 of the 4 in our family that still needed them on Craigslist. Much nicer bikes than we would have gotten otherwise for good prices. We will be going to almost total biking for the entire family in a week once we have all bikes and everyone has practiced on the new bikes (driving only to leave town and 1x a month grocery stockup).
Found a new bike trail for second oldest son to take to work. He drove this week after being run off the road twice by a huge truck.

DCKatie09

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9231 on: July 16, 2017, 02:23:20 PM »
Didn't buy a new house after going to three open houses in our neighborhood today. >_<

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #9232 on: July 16, 2017, 09:29:44 PM »
Took the dog for a walk tonight and picked up a nickel that was lying in the street.

Actually remembered coupons when grocery shopping today and saved $3.50.

Jaayse

• Bristles
« Reply #9233 on: July 17, 2017, 12:04:57 AM »
Today I changed the spark plugs in my car, it cost me just shy of $30 for the plugs and all the tools.  It was my first time and the car started right up afterwards!  I think it saved me around $100, and next time it should only cost me around $10 for the plugs since I have the tools for life!

I was really stoked to be able to do it with just a few you tube videos, and since I did the work at my parking spot in the condo I think I inspired another woman since she stopped to say she was happy to see a woman out working on her car.

fluffmuffin

• Bristles
« Reply #9234 on: July 17, 2017, 10:08:23 AM »
Got a bunch of kitchen stuff from my grandmother's house, instead of buying anything: mixing bowls, nice knives, and a stand mixer. The bowls might have a hideous 1970s olive floral pattern, and the stand mixer might not be the KitchenAid of my dreams, but they're big upgrades from what I'm working with now: a plastic Tupperware bowl and elbow grease.

The knives, on the other hand, are legit nice and I'm worried they're going to get messed up.

Hermione76

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9235 on: July 17, 2017, 12:22:22 PM »
I have a large batch of black beans cooking in the slow cooker.

I planned dinner so that I will use up some remnant ingredients in the fridge, as well as zucchini from the garden (which we have coming out of our ears!).

I hung our laundry outside in the sunshine instead of running the dryer.

I ate leftovers for lunch. (Yes, it's only 11:20 am, and I already ate lunch! :) I was hungry.)

I rescheduled a coffee visit with a friend to a time when I will already be on that side of the city, rather than making the trek across town (via Metro) just for that one thing.

CutTheFat

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9236 on: July 18, 2017, 08:36:40 AM »
I did an ultimate food prep on Sunday.  Made 3 jars of over night oats, chopped veggies and put into containers for snacks, made a triple batch of hummus from a pound of dried chickpeas in my instant pot, marinated and grilled chicken breasts and assembled 3 salads for work lunches, Made eggplant rolatini for Sun night dinner, put a turkey meatloaf together to cook in the instant pot for Mon with left over potatoes and frozen veg, marinated chicken thighs in homemade yogurt and lots of spices and chopped tons veggies for Tues grilling night. Made a batch of cold brew coffee to enjoy all week and hopefully keep DH from splurging on $1.00 coffees!  Did DIY mani/pedi on myself last night.  Made lists as I was cooking of ingredients that are getting low, so that I can watch sales.  Also decided on dinners for the rest of the week made grocery list.  Will shop and prep on Wed, my day off.  I'm down 23 lbs since last year, I would like to continue another 10 or so pounds.  Meal prepping is the secret to my success!!!  I was kinda slacking the 2 weeks before we left for vacation. Weight was stagnant even up a couple of
pounds.   Gained a couple pounds while on vacation but weight came right off within a few days of being home.  And I'm pumped to be all in again!  We have not eaten out since we have returned from vacation!  We have fallen into patterns in the past after returning where it takes me a good month or two before I get back into my healthy eating habits and often would go to restaurants more than normal to extend the feeling of vacation.  Not this time. 

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9237 on: July 18, 2017, 01:08:38 PM »
Discovered that the mfg gives you $3 coupons, once a month, for Mr. R's expensive eye drops. Signed up - printed out $3 coupon - Score:)
Then found one more $3 online, sweet.

Sent in for a rebate on Mr. R's lenses for his new glasses - $25 saved.

Checked out three books about money at the library - free and may potentially save me more money too:).

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9238 on: July 18, 2017, 04:26:03 PM »
Cooked a double batch of pumpkin soup and a double batch of enchiladas last night.

Pegged washing out in the cold at 6am, knowing it will dry when the day warms up.

Scored tea and coffee jars from a departing colleague. She didn't want to take them to her knew job so offered them up. I don't actually drink tea or coffee but I keep it around for guests, plus the jars will come in handy.

Inviting friends over on Saturday night instead of going out.

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #9239 on: July 18, 2017, 09:36:43 PM »
CutTheFat, I totally agree about the meal prepping/planning. It's a huge component of weight loss success (and is also beneficial for the finances). A lot of work, but very worthwhile.

Tonight, my husband and I biked a short distance and picked Saskatoon berries in the river valley. Building up the frozen fruit stores! Yay for free food.

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #9240 on: July 19, 2017, 04:08:22 AM »
Needed to refill a prescription for an Epi-Pen.   Was quoted $650 out of pocket at the pharmacy.  Was told there was a $300 coupon available by the manufacturer if I would "sign up" with them, i.e. give them personal information.   Walked out empty handed and did some research.   Turns out there now is one competitor which recently came to market.  I found a local pharmacy carrying this new generic, and even found a coupon on line for it.  Total out of pocket = $51.   

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #9241 on: July 19, 2017, 04:51:53 AM »
Needed a hoodie.  Found a great one on sale, and saved an additional $5 by buying a boy's rather than a woman's.  Basically the exact same hoodie, but I guess the women's version gets the "pink tax" applied . . .

Rowellen

• Bristles
« Reply #9242 on: July 19, 2017, 05:57:34 AM »
Needed a hoodie.  Found a great one on sale, and saved an additional $5 by buying a boy's rather than a woman's.  Basically the exact same hoodie, but I guess the women's version gets the "pink tax" applied . . .

And no doubt the boys one has better quality fabric and actual pockets.

slappy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9243 on: July 19, 2017, 06:33:19 AM »

When you say boys', do you mean men's or do you mean from the kids section. If it truly was a boys from the kids section, I imagine they price the kids clothing lines at less than adults. Good tip to check  out the kids section though. I imagine a kids XL is pretty close to a women's small.

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #9244 on: July 19, 2017, 07:57:41 AM »

When you say boys', do you mean men's or do you mean from the kids section. If it truly was a boys from the kids section, I imagine they price the kids clothing lines at less than adults. Good tip to check  out the kids section though. I imagine a kids XL is pretty close to a women's small.

Kid's section -- I got a boy's XL rather than a women's S.   Fits great.

Edited to add:  You are probably right it is not a "pink tax" per se, but rather kids-line vs. adult-line.   I have seen the pink tax before though, where the exact same men's item costs less than the woman's. 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 08:00:13 AM by Trifele »

RamonaQ

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9245 on: July 19, 2017, 08:49:43 AM »

Kid's section -- I got a boy's XL rather than a women's S.   Fits great.

Edited to add:  You are probably right it is not a "pink tax" per se, but rather kids-line vs. adult-line.   I have seen the pink tax before though, where the exact same men's item costs less than the woman's.

I've done that with athletic shoes - bought boys' soccer cleats for way less than the same women's style.

SeaEhm

• Bristles
  • The Guilt is Real
« Reply #9246 on: July 19, 2017, 12:54:50 PM »
Walked to the store that is farther away because I had two gift cards. 

I ended up buying two watermelons and a couple other items.

Sad ending: Only one of them worked so I still had to pay a little under $4.
Happy ending:  I got quite the arm and shoulder workout walking all that way with two watermelons!
Frustrating Plot point:  When doing self checkout, I clicked "I brought my own bags" then they asked me at the end, "How many bags do you want to purchase"  I said I brought my own bags!  Computers these days!

FrugalAussie

• Stubble
« Reply #9247 on: July 19, 2017, 09:54:54 PM »
About 5 years ago we brought a metal teapot with a lifetime guaranteed. We drink a lot of tea so decided a good teapot that would keep our tea hot for longer would be a good investment.  A year or so ago it developed faults, including leaking and it no longer kept the tea warm.  Yesterday, after many phone calls and a trip to the supplier (included in other errands in the next city), we now have a new replacement teapot at no cost.  Loving hot cuppas again!

marielle

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9248 on: July 20, 2017, 07:08:18 AM »
Played pool yesterday at league but paid nothing because I didn't have a match and didn't buy food.

Finally decided I was being ridiculous keeping all my decorative pillows/body pillow so I hauled 8 pillows to my car this morning. Should save money/time in moving costs! Will continue to declutter...

TartanTallulah

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9249 on: July 21, 2017, 07:33:53 AM »
I had breakfast cereal I'd brought from home for lunch instead of going to the bakery and buying a sandwich or some fresh pastries.

And, since what's his is mine, my DH switched our domestic fuel provider, which should save us the equivalent of about 75 lunchtime sandwiches from the bakery.