Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 3991669 times)

Buffalo Chip

• Stubble
  • Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #12900 on: March 29, 2019, 04:21:23 PM »
Switched cell phone providers to Visible. Only saved about $10 but got unlimited data, so enjoying a little luxuriousness.  May well change again if I don't use the data as much. 

Imma

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12901 on: March 30, 2019, 03:13:27 AM »
Was up early today and went grocery shopping right as the store opened. The last thing they do before closing the night before is put 35% off stickers on anything that will expire soon. I bought nearly all fresh things I needed at 35% off.

Threshkin

• Handlebar Stache
    • My Journal
« Reply #12902 on: March 30, 2019, 05:43:35 PM »
Was up early today and went grocery shopping right as the store opened. The last thing they do before closing the night before is put 35% off stickers on anything that will expire soon. I bought nearly all fresh things I needed at 35% off.

I watch for those deals.  Sometimes they are really good.  But you still have to comparison shop.  The last deal I saw was yogurt for 50% off.  It was still more expensive than other non-sale products of equivalent quality.

Dollar Slice

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12903 on: March 30, 2019, 08:59:24 PM »
I remembered to use a $4 off $20 coupon I'd gotten from Rite Aid this week - I always forget them since I almost never spend that much at a drugstore and by the time I want to use them, they've expired. I needed some OTC medicine that I only buy once a year or so, but it cost $22 so I was able to use the coupon.

Arbitrage

• Bristles
« Reply #12904 on: March 30, 2019, 08:58:39 PM »
16 miles of bike errands.  10 of those miles actually saved us 20 miles of driving (rather than drive a second car to the dealer x2 for a recall repair, as my wife suggested, I volunteered to throw the bike in the back and do it myself).  $13 saved.

Returned an abandoned cart at Aldi for a free quarter.  Also helping to clean up my favorite grocery store. 

Was able to pounce on a great deal on my workout protein (which doubles as my lunch at work), thanks to a camelcamelcamel alert.  Probably saved me $30.

Stopped by the local cash-only gas station on the way home from the car dealer.  My wife will gas up at whatever's most convenient, so that's another $4 saved. 

Also, due to my diligence in tracking expenses, immediately identified a fraudulent charge on my credit card.  $1050 saved.  Okay, that one's not small, especially since the bastard must've discovered our login information and had changed our mailing address, probably in an attempt to get at my 401k (it wouldn't have worked). 

ForeverPoor

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12905 on: March 30, 2019, 09:11:32 PM »

I see you're in Europe. Don't think I've ever see that happen in the US, at least with the chains near me. Correct me if I am wrong? I'll try doing a night/early morning run to see if I see otherwise.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12906 on: March 31, 2019, 12:30:37 AM »
A close friend of mine just found out she is pregnant with her first child, so I put together a gift bag:
- a large stuffed animal (worth $60, free through work)
- a parenting book (worth $25, free through work)
- a jar of clay mask (worth $50, free through work)
- a onesie ($15)

I will buy her a proper gift down the track, but this was a good, affordable "congrats on getting pregnant" present.

Linea_Norway

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12907 on: March 31, 2019, 02:01:18 PM »
On our 5 hour driving trip we managed to tank car fuel at the cheapest pump.

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12908 on: March 31, 2019, 02:25:47 PM »
We ran out of liquid soap to refill our two dispensers. Instead of buying another container of liquid soap, I used a bunch of soap scraps to make liquid soap.

marcela

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12909 on: March 31, 2019, 03:22:38 PM »

I see you're in Europe. Don't think I've ever see that happen in the US, at least with the chains near me. Correct me if I am wrong? I'll try doing a night/early morning run to see if I see otherwise.
We do this at Sam's Club on Sundays in their meat case. We try to get there right as they open and go straight to the meat section. They have these bright orange stickers on the meat that's been marked down. Doesn't bother us any since we immediately freeze the meat we buy.

Imma

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12910 on: March 31, 2019, 03:47:07 PM »

Of course I have no idea if this happens in the US but I've seen this in several European countries outside of my own (I try to rent self catered apartments when on a trip). It's a win-win situation: the customer is happy and maybe tempted to try something they haven't bought before, the stores are cutting their losses. It's how I usually shop for groceries. My favourite deals are the foods that are already on sale that week and also 35% off.

There are many items I only buy when they're 35% off like eggs, which are marked 35% off when they're 2 weeks before the expiry date. I only buy eggs for immediate consumption, but they are usually good for at least a week after the sell-by date.

MoolahLula

• Stubble
« Reply #12911 on: March 31, 2019, 05:17:12 PM »
I saved some coworkers money by sharing an abundance of Safeway coupons I had acquired while I was off work sick.  I hope they use them. 

okcisok

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12912 on: March 31, 2019, 05:36:30 PM »
I started doing my taxes on TurboTax in February, when TopCashBack was offering great deals. Then some of the paperwork I needed didn't come in the mail until this month, so I decided I could max out my IRA. It's the first time I've gotten it over 50% funded, so thanks to this website/forum!! I pulled money from savings to do it, but it's funding my future. It also more than doubled my tax refund, so I'm on my way to maxing out next year with very little effort!

When I finished doing my taxes, it was almost $100! Including the tiny discount from my credit union and the tiny percentage back from TopCashBack. This is for the 1040 form and state taxes. I only paid $165 when I had a rental property and an actual accountant to do all the work for me!!. I didn't find out the total until I was completely done, one step before clicking 'FILE'. But I started searching the interwebs and found FreeTaxUsa, which is free for Federal and $14.95 for state. I googled a coupon code for a percentage off, and ended up paying $under 14! I had to do my taxes twice, but it took less than an hour the second time, working straight through. (The first time I logged in an entered info as the forms came in, so idk how long it took total.) FTU seems to be geared toward simple filers, whereas TT has a ton of deduction options that I don't need. I saved about $80 in that hour.

Now I'm off to fill up my gas tank on the last day of 5% rewards from Chase :) Then I'll ready my library book and do laundry with Aldi detergent. Simple frugal pleasures!

marcela

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12913 on: April 01, 2019, 08:19:39 AM »
* Went to the beach yesterday and packed stuff to make sandwiches along with fruit and snacks. We usually end up eating out when we go to the beach because it's a far drive and we're lazy.
* Used the melted ice from the cooler to water my indoor plants. Remembered to set out the watering can before the rain so I can use that for the coming week.
* Deposited a check that got lost in the mail shuffle of the past few weeks. Tidying up netted me $75!
* My mom's friend is super spendy and was getting rid of two small dressers. Mom texted me a photo, looks like they will be perfect to replace the too small night stands in my bedroom. I've been keeping my eyes out for new ones since I keep knocking things off of mine. I'll see if our current nightstands work in another room, but if not, I'll put them up for sale.

JanetJackson

• Pencil Stache
    • How I actually made $50 just for taking a survey and being in the healthcare marketplace
« Reply #12914 on: April 01, 2019, 08:58:54 AM »
-Coffee from home all day every day.
-Lunch from home all day every day.
-Free rug for my future Air BnB roof/Office from Craigslist.  It's a very high quality rug- about 8 x 10, I'd guess.
-Line dried my clothes (always).
-I believe I'll be taking a few of my neighbors cabinets to do my "kitchen remodel".  They're currently in her garage and she was going to take them to the dump (they're basically brand new).
-Farm sat this weekend and got paid per usual, PLUS a dozen fresh farm eggs.

MountainGal

• Bristles
« Reply #12915 on: April 01, 2019, 02:07:18 PM »
Spent Saturday in the big city:

Bought a Starbucks using a gift card on the way out of town.
Got my truck's oil changed and washed for "free".
Returned a grey pair of slacks that just didn't work for me.
Went to Sam's Club, signed up for a credit card which I'll use for emergencies only, for $45 off my order that day.
Bought Buy One Get One 50% off t-shirts.
Bought fuel using my value card and saved .20 off per gallon.
Hadn't eaten for 6+ hours, so stopped by the grocery store to buy a protein snack vs stopping for fast food.
Bought several needed office items at the Dollar Tree.  I'm really starting to like that place!
Used a coupon for free cookie dough at the take out pizza place

Imma

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12916 on: April 01, 2019, 03:23:09 PM »
-Had a coupon for a free lunch that I used today
-Found a good deal for a day ticket for the train. Saved Ä6 compared to what I normally pay for that trip

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12917 on: April 01, 2019, 09:45:10 PM »
* Went to the bank and picked up a sick kid from school in the ELF; saved money on gas.

* Dried a load of clothing on the line; saved money on electricity.

middo

• Pencil Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #12918 on: April 02, 2019, 02:00:37 AM »
Free lunch at a meeting today, so my sandwiches stayed in the fridge for tomorrow.

Then free meals from the work cafe appeared on the staff room table as they were nearing use-by.  Free dinner tonight.

Hula Hoop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12919 on: April 02, 2019, 03:13:25 AM »
Free lunch leftovers from a work party.  Resisted the cake in the cafe when I had my daily cappuccino this morning. 

MaybeBabyMustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12920 on: April 02, 2019, 01:32:45 PM »
Over the past few days:
-Use the remainder of a very small Subway gift card to buy lunch when we were unexpectedly out.
-Made lunch out of leftovers when I was home unplanned today. (Sick kid)
-Made tea vs turning up the heat, as the thermostat is assuming we're all out of the house today
-Shared rides to & from soccer, to save time & money for all of the families involved

Andrew928

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Life Is Good
« Reply #12921 on: April 02, 2019, 07:53:46 PM »
Was at the gas station and instead of buying an energy drink I just had a can of Coke at home.

middo

• Pencil Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #12922 on: April 02, 2019, 08:11:40 PM »
Free lunch at work today again.

I convinced my wife to fill up the car with petrol, as if it follows every other holiday cycle, it is about to go up.  School holidays start in 3 days time.

Linea_Norway

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12923 on: April 03, 2019, 02:25:02 PM »
I had to book a plane on short notice, privately. I fly back very late in the evening. Normally I hate that, because it means it's difficult to get home by train. But I will use the car. This flight was the cheapest alternative available. Just before booking, I remembered that it is a new month and that my cash back CC let's me choose a new discount category. This month, travel and taxfree with 5% cashback. That comes in handy. So 5% back on my tickets.
Then I booked parking on the airport. I used my discount code there to get 50% discount on the normal prices. I used it to choose a parking place close to the gates, a little more expensive than the ones far away that we usually use. But with 50% off, the price difference was quite small. And I will appreciate it when I arrive at midnight.

Gerard

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12924 on: April 03, 2019, 04:46:14 PM »
Walked home from the airport. Rode my bike to the store, got some marked-down veg that are now roasting under some chicken legs.

letsdoit

• Bristles
« Reply #12925 on: April 04, 2019, 10:10:57 AM »
i got my POS car  to pass inspection!! another two years of relatively free commuting !
the excitement was so high that i upgraded my usual celebratory clif bar to an artisinal brownie that cost $5. 

nouveauRiche

• Bristles
« Reply #12926 on: April 04, 2019, 05:36:37 PM »
DH & I loaded up backpacks with books and walked to the library to donate them.  Then we walked to the grocery store to pick up a few items and carried those home in the backpacks.

Buffalo Chip

• Stubble
  • Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas
« Reply #12927 on: April 04, 2019, 06:40:58 PM »
Compared prices on a vitamin supplement I buy with price on eBay. Got it off a best offer of all things. Used a $5 coupon and in the end saved $8. That was unexpected.

AlotToLearn

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12928 on: April 05, 2019, 07:35:13 AM »
saved 100 dollars on home owners insurance shopping around (was at State Farm, now Travelers)

Imma

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12929 on: April 05, 2019, 10:04:58 AM »
Had unexpected free lunch at work so will be eating my packed lunch for dinner

marcela

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12930 on: April 05, 2019, 10:17:02 AM »
- Husband wasn't very hungry last night so I made myself a simple vegetarian pasta dish for dinner instead of the more expensive meat filled meal planned.
- Brought leftovers to work for lunch
- took the microwave popcorn someone set out on the free stuff table in the break room. This will help supplement my emergency work food stash.
- Made it work to hang up a wall planter with hardware we already had saving me a few bucks and a trip to the store. 

letsdoit

• Bristles
« Reply #12931 on: April 05, 2019, 10:27:40 AM »
found a free ride to work one day of the week

K-ice

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12932 on: April 05, 2019, 02:31:50 PM »
I closed a bank account that had a $4 monthly fee. 

I had enough cash sitting in it that I "never" paid the fee except if I accidentally made a payment from it as it was my default account.  I would usually catch my error and transfer the money before the end of the day no problem.  This time I let it go for 4 days, March 29 to April 1st. Doh! So I was charged not only the monthly fee but the overdraft fee & interest as well about $14 total.

Anyway, that account is now closed!  That $2300 that was just sitting there is now going to help me with an emergency saving me interest in the long run.

cloudsail

• Bristles
« Reply #12933 on: April 05, 2019, 05:19:08 PM »
Saved the water I used to rinse rice and used it to water my roses. Great fertilizer!

Kiddo had a field trip this morning then we had to run some errands. Packed lunch for us and ate it while waiting for oil changed, instead of spending ~$20 at a restaurant nearby.

Sugaree

• Bristles
« Reply #12934 on: April 05, 2019, 05:30:29 PM »
Found a pair of pants for the kiddo at the thrift store.  He really only needed one more pair to get him through until shorts season.  Of course, I picked up a Galileo thermometer for $1.  I've been strangely fascinated by these for years, but could never justify buying one.  Saving on frivolous spending is still saving, right?

11ducks

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12935 on: April 06, 2019, 04:44:07 AM »
Met a friend for an early walk today- as a bonus, it was too early for the coffee place to be open so we didnít get coffee after- just had an extra long walk instead! Plus, while I was there I found a $10 note on the ground!! That will be my spending cash for this week!

My adopted doggo went in for dental surgery this week- Iíd saved up for the worst case scenario (canine extractions), but thankfully they were able to avoid that! It means that i was able to bank the extra $500 that I would have spent on her, boosting my savings for the month!

OtherJen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12936 on: April 07, 2019, 08:45:23 AM »
I donít always shop at the produce market several miles from my house. Itís usually out of my way and they donít publish sale flyers, so I generally take my chances at the much closer Aldi and Kroger.

I seriously need to rethink this practice. The produce market was on my way home yesterday. After a quick stop, I left with two stuffed large grocery bagsí worth of very fresh veggies and a 10-lb bag of potatoes for a total of $14.24.

Imma

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12937 on: April 07, 2019, 10:56:38 AM »
Went grocery shopping at the nearby grocery store for food for today (the cheaper stores aren't open on Sunday ) and tried to buy as much as I could on discount and/or 35% off.

We will be having guests over later this week and will cycle 10-15 minutes to Lidl to get food for them. Every time I go there I remember I should go there more often, it's just out of the way. If you're cooking a few meals for company it's a big difference in princing.

Unique User

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12938 on: April 08, 2019, 05:49:00 AM »
DH was out of town the last 10 days, only spent $18 on produce while he was gone and $0 on restaurants.  Did a stock up yesterday on produce, coffee, bagels, snacks for DD for the week and a bunch of other things including some marked down meat and used coupons and rewards to get three bags of groceries and cleaning supplies for $30. 

Over the weekend I had to drive two hours each to collect keys from a tenant, packed coffee and lunch so I didn't have to stop along the way. 

MaybeBabyMustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12939 on: April 08, 2019, 12:49:24 PM »
-Picked my husband up at the airport vs Uber, saving about $25
-Made an entree to bring to a potluck. Most people bought, so it was a good change up & went fast. I bought one ingredient, but mostly used things I had on hand
-Made a huge batch of chicken sliders in the crockpot yesterday, because it's a crazy work week

okcisok

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12940 on: April 08, 2019, 11:02:16 PM »
Small savings--At my meal-prepped lunch at work. Snacks provided by work. Home snacks were leftover oranges from a work event. The peels are getting packed into a jar with white vinegar to make orange-scented cleaning fluid I read about on this forum. :)
Big savings-- I maxed out my IRA and actually did the research to buy into funds for it, instead of just leaving cash sitting there like I've done before #facepunch

11ducks

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12941 on: April 08, 2019, 11:24:47 PM »

Was meant to meet a friend for a coffee, suggested a local nature walk instead, saving $5 (for the second time this week!)

Spent the day at a local sports competition, packed a lunch and snacks for DS and I to save on food out

Repurposed an old martial arts gi by removing identifying club labels so that it can be worn for other events, saving $120 (not that I'd buy a new one, but still

We are off on an overdue holiday break in a traditionally expensive/popular area, but i booked a very reasonable 3 star place with a full kitchen about 15mins out, saving $500+ and allowing us to cook most of our meals in.

Made a lasagna with ingredients on hand (I was particularly proud of my cheese sauce - after realising I had no flour for a thickener, I found an old packet of pancake mix in the cupboard (which is like 80% wheat flour anyway) and used a spoonful of that instead - worked perfectly!)

Gerard

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12942 on: April 09, 2019, 03:51:42 PM »
Resisted the $11 airport sandwich when my shuttle was delayed, ended up having lunch at 4 pm (a fairly decent chicken leg and bread from HEB, total cost $1.49).

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12943 on: April 09, 2019, 07:21:53 PM »
Confession time: I've had a very spendy month.

My department was sold to a new company so I kept a buffer in my transaction account until we switched to the new pay cycle.

This meant no shares and only a tiny amount into savings in March, which then turned out to be an expensive month.

I decided to pay my health insurance annually rather than wear another price hike in April, so that was a couple of grand I hadn't budgeted for. My car battery needed replacing, that was another $220. My grandmother was diagnosed with bowel cancer and she lives eight hours away, so I spent $90 on flowers and delivery. The work changes have meant I've bought lunch out a couple of times with my team (a chance to talk away from our new corporate overlords).

I'm over the spending, over not watching my NW move this month, over feeling disorganised and out of control.

So now I'm working on getting back on track (and back in the black, as J Fry says).

I got up early and made fried rice for lunches for the rest of the week.

Dropped off my 14-year-old cowboy boots to be re-heeled. $22 and I should get another 14 years out of them.

I spent $12 on my nephews for Easter (less than last year, and probably still more than they need).

I've shopped my pantry for this week's meal plan. Bought a few groceries on Monday night but used supermarket vouchers from bottle recycling.

And I'm rewriting my budget to accommodate the change in pay (from fortnightly to monthly).

mountain mustache

• Bristles
« Reply #12944 on: April 09, 2019, 07:37:40 PM »
I had a full day (8am-6pm) of ortho Dr appointments in a very expensive ski town today, and I packed snacks/water so I didn't have to spend any $$$ in the very expensive hospital cafe, or any of the exorbitantly priced coffee shops/cafes in town.

okcisok

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12945 on: April 09, 2019, 10:31:12 PM »
My dog requires a lot of different medications. Some can be purchased at Chewy. My friend had a Rx coupon for Chewy she didn't have a use for and gave me the coupon code. It saved me $15! I also see people on ebay sell them. One of the prescriptions costs me $155 so I may be buying some of those coupons. I may only save $10 after buying it for $4 or $5 but it is still a great coupon! The coupon must be used for a Rx or a Rx combined with food but must include a Rx.

Someone kindly left one of these coupons in our mail room. I'll have to check it out after my dog's next checkup!

I needed a baby shower gift for a friend. I bought a 42 pack of diapers at Winco for $4.42, and snazzed up the diapers by looking on Pinterest for diaper messages. (You use a marker to write funny messages on the diaper fronts to make diaper changing more fun, supposedly!)
I got a pair of baby shoes for pennies on a larger online order that I was using a coupon on. Reused gift bag and thrift store ribbon finish off a cute gift that I spent less than $5 on, but it doesn't *look* like I only spent $5!

Had to run three separate car trips today at different times. I made sure that I did at least two errands on each trip. Found five pennies total on the ground!

Rosy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12946 on: April 10, 2019, 03:19:49 PM »
In the last few weeks:

Found and picked up a dime and later a penny off the ground:)

Was about to re-order some earing ear-lobe supports when I noticed they charge $7. for shipping. Found them on Amazon - same price but free shipping - $7 saved:)

Found a great deal on a set of outdoor furniture I really wanted - saved $200. Then the guy mentioned someone had just returned a set with a scratched table, was I interested? Sure, saved us - $40. Fixed the scratches with pens I had on hand. Looks like new:)
Used my military ID - saved us - $50.
There was a snafu at the checkout, long story, but - saved us - another $10.

Found a set of used outdoor furniture - negotiated and saved another $20.

Finally found the perfect rug for our living room - saved 10% on sale. Nice bonus, since I would have bought it regardless - plus I scored a $10 coupon for future use.

Paid $1 each for a bunch of garden and household things at the Dollar Tree - saved me roughly $50, amazing.

Mr. R. bought several BOGO items at the grocery store and my friend saved me $23 by reminding me to use my military ID at a local store.

About to do my own taxes for free - savings $140 and hopefully a return of $145.

Repaired six different garden implements/decor.
Also painted and fixed two outdoor tables so they'll last us a few more years - roughly saved us at least $250 plus in replacement cost.
Re-use, make do and wear it out:)

A friend picked up our new outdoor furniture - saving us $79 in delivery fees.

Managed to compost and enrich soil from previous years saving me about $30 instead of buying more soil at the garden center.

Stocked up on some cheap, but good grow boxes for the next gardening season - good find from a promo at a new store - future savings in that I can grow more things from seed or seedlings next year.

Hirondelle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12947 on: April 12, 2019, 06:54:34 AM »
I went out for drinks with my sports club last night and somehow every time I wanted a drink someone new walked in and offered to pay a round for everyone I was standing with at the bar. Even though I do feel a bit uncomfortable that I didn't get a chance to offer a drink back to anyone, i guess it saved me some money?

Lichen

• Bristles
  • When you find the right words, they will be simple
« Reply #12948 on: April 12, 2019, 09:29:17 AM »
Nothing went according to plan yesterday, but somehow we didn't spend any money:

- Forgot to bring lunch to school for my shift. Caught wind that the free food from the art show the day before had been transferred to one of the faculty rooms (where I'm not allowed as student staff) from a professor in my department, who also offered to load me up a plate. Various fruits, veggies, nuts, etc made for a free and snacky lunch :)

- Had a later day than originally planned, so the planned dinner was a time intensive no-go. Instead, tossed some veg broth, a can of coconut milk, the remains of the veggie drawer, and a block of tofu + some dried linguini noodles in a pot. Added some Thai red curry paste, ginger, and garlic for a super quick ramen-like meal. Was ready in the time it took the noodles to cook.

- Did a couple of Prolific surveys while waiting for the noodles to boil, which pushed me over the payout limit.

- Boy2 wanted a small table/desk away from his computer to use as a homework station. We're moving and purging, so don't really want to bring new stuff into the house. Remembered an old camp table with a broken latch hiding in the basement. 15 minutes of work to repair it. Bonus, he can fold it and stick it in his closet when we are showing the house.

- Found a donation pickup that aids refugees that takes soft furnishings. I was afraid we would have to landfill an old, unstylish couch and barely used guest bed because people are squeamish about them (tried to sell and give away, didn't work). Hated the idea of the waste and the expense of the dump. Glad to save the money, but even more so happy to help those that need it that are coming here with nothing. Not totally free, as I also decided to make a $5 donation to the "truck fund" to help cover the expenses of picking up and delivering donations.

Pennycounter

• Stubble
« Reply #12949 on: April 12, 2019, 10:56:08 AM »
I know this is minor but made my breakfast at home and made coffee at work.  Sometimes I'm rushing in the morning and don't have time to make it so I end up buying it and feeling guilty.