Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 8020959 times)

marion10

• Bristles
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #13200 on: August 26, 2019, 12:27:13 PM »
Brought lunch- an assortment of leftovers. Have a credit card with an annual fee coming up for renewal. Called and they have a no fee version (fewer benefits)- but that will work just fine.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13201 on: August 26, 2019, 12:34:05 PM »
I have to take a long train trip tomorrow for a work meeting - 2 hours one way. I'll be reading a library book, taking crochet and food and coffee from home. I just packed my bag. As a bonus my lunch was 35% off at the grocery store. I expect to get lunch there but it's a long day so I always make sure to take enough food.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13202 on: August 26, 2019, 12:52:34 PM »
So far today:

*got a free tea at the bank — I forgot my travel mug when I went out this morning and waited for the free tea even though I walked right by a McDonalds

*don't usually shop at Walmart but got some screaming good deals there today — it was near where we had an appointment

*working my way through 4 library books on thrift that were new to me:
The No Spend Year by Michelle McGagh
The Frugal Homesteader by John Moody
Jane Austen’s Guide to Thrift: Anderson and Jones
Franklin’s Thrift: The Lost History of American Virtue

*Intermittent fasting — on a 36 hour fast atm

ETA: hung a load of laundry on the drying rack in the sun
and made dinner in the Instant Pot with 2 year old freezer beef from a couple sides
of beef.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 04:22:11 PM by 1967mama »

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #13203 on: August 26, 2019, 12:55:16 PM »
I was at a 2 day relay over the weekend, so savings are out of the ordinary for us:
-Packed food & water flasks for myself + 13 year old. Filled water flasks for free at the airport
-Bought groceries at a store for snacks & most meals during the relay vs stopping for food at restaurants. We did buy $5 baked potatoes at a local fundraiser, and they were amazing after a full day of physical activity
-Brought back snacks & treats leftover, and the kids will take them for lunch this week
-Husband was able to pick us up from the airport, saving the cost of an uber

And, not particularly small, but finished all of the remaining steps for our refi, which will save us mid five figures over the lifetime of our loan.

Arbitrage

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13204 on: August 26, 2019, 02:47:26 PM »
Over the weekend:

- Had a hankering for Chicago-style hotdogs.  Rather than driving the 30-mile roundtrip to the restaurant that serves tasty dogs, wasting at least an hour in traffic, and dropping $25-30 for food for the family for one meal, I tried to replicate it myself at home with a couple of purchases from Aldi.  Not bad for the first try!  I didn't have all of the ingredients I eat it with, but I made it work.  A couple more tweaks and this will be another tasty meal in my personal rotation.

- 22 miles of bike errands

- Borrowed ~$200 of library books for the family

- Repaired (if you can call it that; I didn't do much) an electronic personal thermometer that DW was about to buy a replacement for before I slowed her down.  $30 saved!  Though she's pretty frugal, she inherited the unfortunate tendency of her mother to just buy a replacement the second something isn't working.  MIL's favorite line for something you've owned and used a little while is, "That _____ doesn't owe you anything anymore." 

- Killed a hornet's nest in an alcove under our roof

- Repairing an Ottoman that fits the same "doesn't owe you anything" definition

- Repairing an external dryer vent cover

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13205 on: August 26, 2019, 02:59:52 PM »
Quote from: Arbitrage link=topic=10664.msg2447326#msg2447326 date

MIL's favorite line for something you've owned and used a little while is, "That _____ doesn't owe you anything anymore." 

I’ve heard this line before too! I love to counter it with:

Use it up!
Wear it out!
Make it do or do without!

slappy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13206 on: August 26, 2019, 03:15:39 PM »
Ooooh @Rosy such a shame you're not my neighbour! I wouldn't mind picking all of your avocado's for you if that meant I got to keep some. They don't grow where I live so I've never had a truly fresh one.

I've heard this only works with organic avocados.

Next time you eat an avocado, put the stone afterwards in a pot of earth and water like a normal plant. It will grow a plant/tree.
Ours is now about 4 years old, 1,5 meters high and about a meter wide (at the leaves). It prefers warmth and sunlight and uses lots of water. Still no avocado fruits though, but maybe it will come some day. It stands in our living room, we only put it outside when we go on a long summer vacation.

I never thought it would grow in a moderate climate! But if it grows in Norway (even though it's indoors) it will probably grow here too! I don't think we get enough sun to be able to grow fruit but it's worth a try.

Maybe I should mention that we have floor heating in the winter half of the year. But it doesn't cost anything to give it a try.

Well, we have big windows to the south so there's a little bit of warmth from the sun throughout the year. And during summer we can put it outside.

We are working on our garden and there's a space I want to fill with potted plants (herbs and fruits) and I'm trying to grow most of them from scratch or from other people instead of buying them. An avocado tree would be a nice addition.

firelyve

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #13207 on: August 26, 2019, 05:17:04 PM »
I travel frequently with my company and am allowed a fairly unrestricted 'per diem' for eating.  I could eat out all the time, but rather I get a hotel with fridge and mircowave and purchase groceries.  Normally a eat just a fraction of what I buy and then take the rest home.  I'm platinum with AA so I get two free bags to check in.  I take one large roller and pack a duffle bag inside.  Clothes go into duffle bag, and mostly food goes back in the roller.  Spent about $117 today on groceries for 4 days, less than $30 per day.  I'm cheapest traveler for my company, and usually get to bring back $50-$60+ per trip.  AND, I eat way healthier buying groceries on the road than eating out!

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #13208 on: August 26, 2019, 10:46:25 PM »
@firelyve I love it! Sounds like a win/win arrangement.

Today, we finally made stock out of some pork bones that have been in the freezer for nearly three years. I would definitely use up meat LONG before that, but I figured it would still be fine for stock, and it seems to be the case. Just needs to cool down overnight so the fat can be skimmed off.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #13209 on: August 27, 2019, 12:33:45 AM »
Yesterday I walked to work and back.
I had to make an emergency dentist visit, while I had no car, but I could borrow a company car to get there.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #13210 on: August 27, 2019, 12:55:40 AM »
I travel frequently with my company and am allowed a fairly unrestricted 'per diem' for eating.  I could eat out all the time, but rather I get a hotel with fridge and mircowave and purchase groceries.  Normally a eat just a fraction of what I buy and then take the rest home.  I'm platinum with AA so I get two free bags to check in.  I take one large roller and pack a duffle bag inside.  Clothes go into duffle bag, and mostly food goes back in the roller.  Spent about $117 today on groceries for 4 days, less than $30 per day.  I'm cheapest traveler for my company, and usually get to bring back $50-$60+ per trip.  AND, I eat way healthier buying groceries on the road than eating out!
I used to do the same thing, though most of my travel was by car. I did have a specified per diem, so I spent it on groceries. I kept a cooler in the car and whatever I didn't consume came home with me. My boss used to tease me about being frugal, but guess who planned all his events and kept them under budget? He told me once that he never checked my expense reports, just signed and sent them in. He knew i was as frugal for the company as I was for myself. Too bad the company wasn't as great as that boss. Ah well, it gave me steady incentive to reach FIRE.

Sugaree

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13211 on: August 27, 2019, 05:09:06 AM »

We get a set amount per day.  I always try to book a Homewood Suites if I have to travel.  They have kitchenettes, but also serve free dinner four nights a week (or at least the one we always stay at in NJ does).  Getting per diem plus Hilton points means I can usually rack up on work trips.

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #13212 on: August 27, 2019, 06:54:25 AM »

We get a set amount per day.  I always try to book a Homewood Suites if I have to travel.  They have kitchenettes, but also serve free dinner four nights a week (or at least the one we always stay at in NJ does).  Getting per diem plus Hilton points means I can usually rack up on work trips.

I had the same deal @Sugaree -- a straight per diem.  I tried to stay at places with a kitchenette, but I could even do pretty well in a room with just a fridge and microwave.  I would get a bag of groceries to last the week, and then put the rest of the cash straight into my pocket.  Depending on where I was traveling to (big cities had higher per diem rates) I could frequently pocket several hundred dollars doing this. 

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13213 on: August 27, 2019, 08:55:09 AM »
Ooooh @Rosy such a shame you're not my neighbour! I wouldn't mind picking all of your avocado's for you if that meant I got to keep some. They don't grow where I live so I've never had a truly fresh one.

Next time you eat an avocado, put the stone afterwards in a pot of earth and water like a normal plant. It will grow a plant/tree.
Ours is now about 4 years old, 1,5 meters high and about a meter wide (at the leaves). It prefers warmth and sunlight and uses lots of water. Still no avocado fruits though, but maybe it will come some day. It stands in our living room, we only put it outside when we go on a long summer vacation.

I never thought it would grow in a moderate climate! But if it grows in Norway (even though it's indoors) it will probably grow here too! I don't think we get enough sun to be able to grow fruit but it's worth a try.

Maybe I should mention that we have floor heating in the winter half of the year. But it doesn't cost anything to give it a try.

Well, we have big windows to the south so there's a little bit of warmth from the sun throughout the year. And during summer we can put it outside.

We are working on our garden and there's a space I want to fill with potted plants (herbs and fruits) and I'm trying to grow most of them from scratch or from other people instead of buying them. An avocado tree would be a nice addition.

Wish I could send y'all some of our beautiful avocadoes:).

Anyway as far as growing your own from seed, it will make a nice sun-loving houseplant/indoor tree but don't expect any fruit any time soon. With the right conditions, they will fruit in five to ten years. ... google says ...
When I lived in Germany I've seen people grow them in water first, keeping the top half of the pit above water using toothpicks.
They are fast-growing and if you want them to branch out you cut them back.

Thanks for all the recipe ideas. A brownie from avocadoes, who knew:).
I think I'll try some in a smoothie to start and work my way through the recipes you suggested.

slappy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13214 on: August 27, 2019, 09:32:28 AM »

Wish I could send y'all some of our beautiful avocadoes:).

Anyway as far as growing your own from seed, it will make a nice sun-loving houseplant/indoor tree but don't expect any fruit any time soon. With the right conditions, they will fruit in five to ten years. ... google says ...
When I lived in Germany I've seen people grow them in water first, keeping the top half of the pit above water using toothpicks.
They are fast-growing and if you want them to branch out you cut them back.

Thanks for all the recipe ideas. A brownie from avocadoes, who knew:).
I think I'll try some in a smoothie to start and work my way through the recipes you suggested.

We've done the water/toothpick method. It did grow quite a bit, but it was destroyed by kiddos.  I think I will try again. If I can get it to grow a little by Christmas, it could be a good gift idea.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13215 on: August 28, 2019, 09:09:03 AM »
I did something today that was a little bit of a hassle.

I have smart card for public transport that I put credit on in advance and then I tap in and out when travelling. Sometimes I forget to tap out and then a set amount is charged. There's a website where you can redeem overcharges when you forget to tap out. You fill in the details of your destination and they calculate how much money you are owed and this is put back onto your card. The process is designed to be a hassle and it's not real time, but it took me 10 minutes to get €12 back. That's €72/hour after taxes so certainly worth the effort! I should do it more often.

okisok

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #13216 on: August 28, 2019, 06:42:44 PM »
Picked up a book on hold at the library that was posted about here in Reader Recommendations.

I LOVE doing this too!! I feel like I’ve hit the jackpot when a book I read about here is actual part of our library’s collection!

I was really glad the library had it when I didn't enjoy the book, and gave up after the first few chapters. I took it right back and no harm done to my budget .

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #13217 on: August 29, 2019, 12:24:46 PM »
Used up a gift card that we bought at 5% off for an item we need. I try to buy the gift cards on Raise right before I need something from Home Depot. I also go through Ebates/Rakuten to save another 1%. It's not going to make anyone rich, but does immediately save you off the cost of the purchase.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #13218 on: August 29, 2019, 12:39:54 PM »

DH told me today that our avocado started it's growing process inside our composting bin. It was after it had started to grow some green that he potted it.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #13219 on: August 30, 2019, 02:48:49 PM »
Used rewards, marked down meat & a Friday freebie at our local grocery store to get: 10 KCups (we rarely use these but keep them on hand when my parents are in town) & 3 lbs of ground turkey for $.97.

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13220 on: August 30, 2019, 06:44:45 PM »
Volunteered to take home the leftover food from a work meeting.  No one else spoke up, so I got half a pizza and a tub of salad to eat tomorrow.

Loretta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #13221 on: August 31, 2019, 04:11:55 AM »
I haven’t ordered anything from Amazon in 8 days which may be a record for me.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13222 on: August 31, 2019, 06:05:52 AM »
Used loyalty points in the supermarket to get €5 off.

marion10

• Bristles
« Reply #13223 on: August 31, 2019, 08:34:18 AM »
Going to a cookout today- bringing deviled eggs- this is a hostess gift- we were not asked to bring a dish- but I figure everyone likes them and they were cheap.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #13224 on: September 01, 2019, 05:47:38 AM »
I cut my own hair yesterday. I've done it several times before but let it get a bit overgrown and shaggy this summer. I decided to chop some obvious layers instead of just the usual trim off the bottom, and I'm really happy with how much neater it looks and how easy it was to style.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #13225 on: September 01, 2019, 12:33:43 PM »
Seriously considered buying pico de gallo, but the price was too much. It's not a long recipe, but so much chopping. I know mine is better, and is so very much cheaper given the current price of produce. I saved about $5, given I made a triple batch.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #13226 on: September 02, 2019, 01:43:47 AM »
I cut my own hair yesterday. I've done it several times before but let it get a bit overgrown and shaggy this summer. I decided to chop some obvious layers instead of just the usual trim off the bottom, and I'm really happy with how much neater it looks and how easy it was to style.

@OtherJen , Do you have long or short hair, or in between? How did you cut your own hair?

I sometimes cut a little of my own hair, if it didn't get cut perfectly by my hairdresser or by DH. But I find it incredible difficult to cut straight, looking in a mirror and all that.

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13227 on: September 02, 2019, 06:22:16 AM »

@OtherJen , Do you have long or short hair, or in between? How did you cut your own hair?

I sometimes cut a little of my own hair, if it didn't get cut perfectly by my hairdresser or by DH. But I find it incredible difficult to cut straight, looking in a mirror and all that.

I'm not OtherJen, but I am a female with long hair and I cut it myself using the Unicorn method to get nice layers.  Before I started this method,  I just did straight across with DH to help with the back.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #13228 on: September 02, 2019, 11:39:18 AM »

I'm not OtherJen, but I am a female with long hair and I cut it myself using the Unicorn method to get nice layers.  Before I started this method,  I just did straight across with DH to help with the back.

I guess I used the bicorn method, then: unicorn, and then I put a second tail at the crown of my head to make sure the back layers were appropriately short (I have to make sure the top layers in the back aren't too long or else my hair is shaped oddly). I have fine, wavy hair and the longest layer is a few inches below my shoulders. The shortest layers around my face are a bit above my chin.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13229 on: September 02, 2019, 02:30:56 PM »
I walked home from the train station instead of taking the bus, which saved me €1 and gave me 20 minutes of exercise. I used to walk all the time and then got into the habit of taking the bus. Trying to break that habit now.

Took advantage of a new thing my employer is offering, signed up on the very first day - it's a website where you can do all kinds of short courses. They're supposed to take only 10 minutes a day and they work on your mobile as well. Some courses look useful for work or side hustle, others are for personal growth or fun. On top of that my employer will be impressed with all the courses I'm taking. The subscription is usually €15/month.

My employer offers so much free training and I have no idea why nobody else is taking advantage of it. They have already paid for a very valuable certificate and I'm due to start a course for another one and the development officer commented that she is really glad that I'm eager to start all these things and then also finish them. Apparantly that's the exception not the rule.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #13230 on: September 02, 2019, 08:08:16 PM »
Used a $1.50 coupon off of a $5 purchase today. For whatever reason, the grocery store prints them out with your receipt, and seems to really want you to use them. However, any time I've ever actually had the right items at checkout, the clerk forgets to ring the coupon, or it doesn't work. I always have to ask for them to manually reapply the coupon, and then feel like a bit of a goober if there is a line. But, got my $1.50 off today, so ... maybe one day they will fix their cash register system?

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
  • Expat Brit living in the New World..:)
« Reply #13231 on: September 02, 2019, 10:15:20 PM »
I did NOT go to the 25% off sale at Harbor Freight tools today.. Thats a first!

Avoided a whole bunch of buyers remorse right there..:)

Gerard

• Handlebar Stache
    • Optimacheap
« Reply #13232 on: September 03, 2019, 06:32:11 AM »
We roasted and peeled half a bushel of discount red peppers, and made "weak sambal" from the trimmings. Turns out we like the sambal even better than the roasted peppers... we can avoid a lot of work next time!

Sugaree

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13233 on: September 03, 2019, 07:37:03 AM »

Doesn't Harbor Freight have a 25% off sale like every other week or so?

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #13234 on: September 03, 2019, 08:05:34 AM »
What a roller coaster haha. Baby prep time. Finally figured out a way to have room for a real crib in our apartment. Planned on going to get the flagship cheap crib- the ikea sniglar. Solid wood, $80, good to go. But womp womp, ikea is discontinuing them and my ikea is already out, with no option to order to store. However, this pushed me to look on FB marketplace. Nice lady who lived near me had her toddler's up for $40, since one side was stained black from rubbing against a black milk paint painted play house. Even with just a paper towel and a little rubbing alcohol, it was coming off super easily, but I'll probably pick up some sand paper to make it even faster next time I'm at the store. The next choice solid wood (no MDF etc) cribs we could find were all $250+, so this was a great score.

Saved money for someone else- lady at my yoga class didn't realize there are memberships, she's just been doing punch cards. Since she goes a lot, I'm pretty sure I just dropped her cost from nearly $200/mon to $90/mon. =o

reeshau

• Handlebar Stache
  • Former locations: Detroit, Indianapolis, Dublin
« Reply #13235 on: September 03, 2019, 08:17:03 AM »
I caught up on my health insurance reimbursements.  (yes, even in Europe, at least here)  $150 made, $10-$25 at a time.  I had to keep thinking of that as an hourly rate as I scanned receipts and input them into the website.  And prepared for the inevitable one unnecessary rejection, which will require a follow-up phone call or two.

Reminds me of FSA paperwork...ah, the memories.

middo

• Handlebar Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #13236 on: September 03, 2019, 04:33:00 PM »
I brought lunch to work today.  I bring lunch to work everyday.

Today I brought my wife's lunch by mistake.  It turns out her's is better than mine. 

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
  • Expat Brit living in the New World..:)
« Reply #13237 on: September 03, 2019, 09:11:22 PM »

Doesn't Harbor Freight have a 25% off sale like every other week or so?

Yeah and I usually find a need I have just prior to every one of them..:)

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #13238 on: September 03, 2019, 09:24:54 PM »
-Filed an appeal with the post office for an insurance issue. Why is it so hard? Why did I bother with insurance if I'm not going to get paid out?
-Brought back to life enchiladas that have been in the freezer since April
-Booked my parents flights to watch the boys over Thanksgiving break. Used frequent flier miles to cover their flights. I'm super close to status this year, so would rather pay cash for our flights & use the miles for my parents flights. (You don't earn miles on flights booked with miles.)

alewpanda

• Bristles
« Reply #13239 on: September 04, 2019, 02:00:51 PM »
-- Walked to the library to return a book, picked up one I had on hold.  Combined it with a dog walk, and left my husband outside to hang with the dogs when I went into the library.
-- Roasted potatoes this morning.  Ate 1 for part of my lunch (with leftover salad from last nights dinner), and divided up the rest for future lunches.
-- Finished hand sewing the hem of a pair of dress khaki's turned into shorts for my husband.  He kills pants quickly...and these turned out well, so I'm happy to have saved them.  I have another pair that might be salvageable too...
-- Made cookie dough.  Baked 8 cookies and scooped the rest into individual balls and froze.  I have almost 2 dozen premade cookie dough balls ready for those random "I want sweets" moments that generally turn into spending and calorie splurges....
-- Have a new recipe for vegetarian jambalya from my sister.  Making it tonight!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #13240 on: September 04, 2019, 02:06:57 PM »
-Went to the office for a free lunch (had a meeting scheduled)
-Chased a $6 missing grocery reward
-Contacted HR about my HSA amount to ensure my paycheck savings were adjusted to account for my leave. It didn't happen automatically, so if I hadn't called, I would have lost out on $1200 or so of HSA money.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #13241 on: September 05, 2019, 01:40:31 AM »
DH sold 2 items that we don't use anymore, for a pretty good price.

I made some private copies, at work.

I'm going to borrow a hanger at work to drive away some large garbage items.

MissNancyPryor

• Bristles
  • The Stewardess is Flying the Plane!
« Reply #13242 on: September 05, 2019, 11:39:03 AM »
Rather than get all new hardware I replaced just the lenses in my glasses since the frames are in fine shape.   Further, I recall I can replace 6 months of sealed contact lenses I have on hand with the stronger prescription for no charge so I will do that tomorrow.   Saved about $400.   

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13243 on: September 05, 2019, 01:04:06 PM »
I bought a small stash of ready-made pasta sauce today that was BOGOF. I love sauce made from scratch as much as the next mustachian, but sometimes I get home late and the best I can do is throw some frozen veggies and sauce together. At €1,10/bottle after this discount, for a sugarfree sauce with few additives that tastes nice this is a good deal. It means stress free <€2,50 fairly healthy dinner during busy periods.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #13244 on: September 05, 2019, 02:47:48 PM »
Canning up some tomatoes and some salsa verde right now, and making stock out of a chicken carcass and some carrots from the garden that are too woody to eat. 

Cleaning and repairing/waterproofing horse blankets instead of paying someone else to do it.

Reworking the closures on a set of horse boots that I wanted to replace due to the Velcro overkill situation making them hard to put on /take off.  Will spend $6 on Velcro vs >$100 for a new set.

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #13245 on: September 05, 2019, 04:20:43 PM »
Reworking the closures on a set of horse boots that I wanted to replace due to the Velcro overkill situation making them hard to put on /take off.  Will spend $6 on Velcro vs >$100 for a new set.

Thank you for my interesting educational item for the day @horsepoor -- I had no idea that horses ever wore boots

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #13246 on: September 05, 2019, 06:59:15 PM »
Was tempted to pick up takeout tonight due to so many conflicting activities/priorities. Instead, pulled out some leftovers, tossed together a salad, & called it good for all of the diners. I ate leftovers before I left.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #13247 on: September 05, 2019, 08:57:04 PM »

Thank you for my interesting educational item for the day @horsepoor -- I had no idea that horses ever wore boots

Oh yes, so many kinds of boots!  I'm talking about "splint" or "brushing" boots, which are used during exercise to protect the lower leg from getting nicked by another leg. https://www.ridingwarehouse.com/DSB_Dressage_Sport_Boots_-_ASB_All_Sport_Boots/descpage-DSBAS.html?from=Google&gclid=Cj0KCQjw5MLrBRClARIsAPG0WGwnQabmHkKpLDDgTGGPsNqnfe4osx8l3Un8ZKQK-qkriC4u0xxtyaQaAiPOEALw_wcB

Then there are big puffy boots they wear on the trailer, therapeutic ice boots, sports medicine boots that claim to provide "support", bell boots to protect the heels, and finally hoof boots for horses that aren't shod.

This concludes another chapter of my book - Why Horse Sport is Expensive AF.

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #13248 on: September 06, 2019, 01:13:13 AM »

Oh yes, so many kinds of boots!  I'm talking about "splint" or "brushing" boots, which are used during exercise to protect the lower leg from getting nicked by another leg. https://www.ridingwarehouse.com/DSB_Dressage_Sport_Boots_-_ASB_All_Sport_Boots/descpage-DSBAS.html?from=Google&gclid=Cj0KCQjw5MLrBRClARIsAPG0WGwnQabmHkKpLDDgTGGPsNqnfe4osx8l3Un8ZKQK-qkriC4u0xxtyaQaAiPOEALw_wcB

Then there are big puffy boots they wear on the trailer, therapeutic ice boots, sports medicine boots that claim to provide "support", bell boots to protect the heels, and finally hoof boots for horses that aren't shod.

This concludes another chapter of my book - Why Horse Sport is Expensive AF.

Wow.  I have a new understanding now for your username and signature!

Prairie Gal

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13249 on: September 07, 2019, 08:59:01 AM »
Bought two new bras yesterday for 50% off. Haven't bought any bras for quite a while. They didn't originally ring in at 50% off, so I had to remind the clerk that it was a VIP discount, and she changed the price.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!