Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 8020876 times)

Step37

• Bristles
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #10650 on: February 01, 2018, 08:31:48 PM »
I had a quart of cream in the fridge that was going to go bad soon, so I used that to make the biscuits instead of throwing away $5. And I guess the saving money part comes in when I eat breakfast at home for ~$0.25 per biscuit. Add an egg and a sprinkle of cheese and it’s a sub-$0.50 breakfast!

I love egg sandwiches!  I even make them at work for a late morning snack. Whip up an egg in a coffee cup or small bowl, microwave it, put it on a bagel or English muffin with some cheese and voila -- yum.

I love the versatility of eggs! For the past year, I’ve been making scrambled egg muffins, a dozen at a time. They’re good for a week in the fridge (can also be frozen), perfect for breakfast or lunch or snack, filling and heathy. I’m sad when I haven’t made more in time.

Did the usual things to save money today: stopped at gym on way to work (rather than a separate outing), breakfast and lunch packed and eaten at work. Leftovers for supper. I got my insurance renewal notice for Mar. 15 and wrote back to them that I’ve dropped a day a week at work (from 4 to 3), thus reducing my annual mileage by at least 20%. I’m hoping that this will result in a reduced premium (already quite happy that rates didn’t go up, but might as well try for lower).

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10651 on: February 01, 2018, 08:51:28 PM »
I had a note in my diary to send a reminder about an unpaid invoice, a $1400 freelance gig.

The same company just called me and asked me to help them out with something, unpaid.

Me: How about you pay me for October?
Them: Oh, have we not paid you for that?

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10652 on: February 01, 2018, 10:23:58 PM »
* Worked on propagating a couple of houseplants and a succulent -- free plants :D

* Made a casserole from home-canned tomato sauce, leftover pasta and wild-boar sausage bought on clearance

* Line-dried a load of clothing

* Skipped two car trips today in favor of walking

* Stocked up on the good butter at Trader Joe's where it's about $1.50 per package cheaper than across the street. (Butter freezes well.)

* Used menstrual cup (for me) and cloth diapers (for baby) instead of single-use items

Off the Wheel

• Bristles
« Reply #10653 on: February 01, 2018, 10:52:08 PM »
This is probably SO basic, but since it's the start of a new year and I'm only recently focused on this - I really dug into January spending. Noticed some anomalies in cell bills and fees and charges. Realized there's $400 of phone usage (across two months) on my credit card that I can expense to my company, plus two services I no longer use that auto-renew at $100+/year each. I turned off the auto-renew for both, and emailed customer service to see about getting a refund since they renewed in January. Here's hoping. Either way, I won't make that mistake again and just throw away money.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10654 on: February 01, 2018, 11:43:41 PM »
This is probably SO basic, but since it's the start of a new year and I'm only recently focused on this - I really dug into January spending. Noticed some anomalies in cell bills and fees and charges. Realized there's $400 of phone usage (across two months) on my credit card that I can expense to my company, plus two services I no longer use that auto-renew at $100+/year each. I turned off the auto-renew for both, and emailed customer service to see about getting a refund since they renewed in January. Here's hoping. Either way, I won't make that mistake again and just throw away money.

Not basic. Awesome!

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #10655 on: February 02, 2018, 01:02:07 AM »
Walked to work again. Will walk back in the afternoon.

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10656 on: February 02, 2018, 09:22:47 AM »
Packed lunch and snacks from leftover from last night. 
I forgot to eat breakfast at home. Instead of buying something from our cafeteria, I had a packet of oatmeal and a few leftover packets of stuff from Starbucks with a banana I packed.  My breakfast was tasty and satisfying.  And I ate down some of the clutter in my office. 

frooglepoodle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10657 on: February 02, 2018, 10:39:43 AM »
I frequently take my toddler to the coffee shop after our Friday morning activity, but we skipped it today in favor of grilled cheese sandwiches at home. Saved $9 (two muffins and a chai latte) and a lot of sugar.

We are spending pretty much all day traveling tomorrow, so I'm preparing and packing lots of food and healthy snacks to keep us full and prevent buying airport food.

ScottsdaleSaver

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10658 on: February 02, 2018, 10:54:25 AM »
I bought an old-timey safety razor. More environmentally friendly and refills will costs cents, not dollars.

nurseart

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10659 on: February 02, 2018, 12:18:47 PM »
1) Not so small but I noticed an error on my paycheck and I was reimbursed the difference today. ($575!)

2) We are due to go grocery shopping tomorrow and after eating a lot of pantry stuff this month things are looking a little sparse. DH and I came up with a plan for breakfast lunch and dinner for today that will work so we can avoid the semi infamous "oh gosh nothing around for dinner.... it's friday...... lets go out!"

3) Browsed budget bytes and made a grocery list for tomorrow around whats on special at Aldi (best store ever) and things that will be easy, fast, healthy and satisfying. I've been learning that the key to menu planning is planning things I will actually want to cook and eat at the end of the day. going to try two new recipes this week that look tasty:

https://www.budgetbytes.com/2018/01/roasted-eggplant-meat-sauce/
https://www.budgetbytes.com/2016/04/smoky-white-bean-shakshuka/

4) looked on craigslist and other sites for old furniture to turn into vanities for our house rehab project because lowes cheap crap is the devil.

Off the Wheel

• Bristles
« Reply #10660 on: February 02, 2018, 02:34:58 PM »

Not basic. Awesome!

Thank you! And one of them already came through, so there's a $100. :D

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #10661 on: February 02, 2018, 03:16:13 PM »
-Brought back treats from the hotel as mini souvenirs for the kids
-Scavenged for leftovers in the fridge for lunch
-Received a check for $150. Will put it directly towards our unfunded 2018 goals. (This is our plan - found money goes towards the goals we'd like to do, but need creative funding)

However, I am insanely jet lagged after an international flight, and really want to do uber food delivery. Note that we also don't have power. I know that I can come up with a dinner option. But, it fails me at the moment.

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #10662 on: February 02, 2018, 06:54:35 PM »
The email to my insurance co. yesterday re: driving less netted me a reduction of $88 on my renewal premium. This is 5.3% savings! :)

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #10663 on: February 03, 2018, 05:00:35 AM »
looked on craigslist and other sites for old furniture to turn into vanities for our house rehab project because lowes cheap crap is the devil.

Love this!

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #10664 on: February 03, 2018, 11:09:32 AM »
Started a gallon of kombucha; I don't usually make it this time of year because it's too cold, but I've noticed that under the sink in the upstairs bathroom stays quite warm because a heat duct runs right under it.

Making chicken stock out of last week's roast chicken for next week's turkey chili.

Made a meal plan for the week and a nice, short grocery shopping list

Activated a $140 gift card from a manufacturer's rebate.  Reminded myself that it's not "free money" and to use it only at WinCo since they don't take credit cards, hence no cash back.

Just remembered that my car is getting an oil change on Monday, so no need to get it washed this weekend (because of winter road grime, and too cold to do it at home right now)

Off the Wheel

• Bristles
« Reply #10665 on: February 03, 2018, 01:04:08 PM »
I went to the library and got a library card and 4 books! I haven't been to the library since I was a kid. It was beautiful, and so clean and high tech, and it had the latest in the series I'm reading. Once again, basic mustache but SO EXCITING.

Hirondelle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10666 on: February 03, 2018, 01:24:12 PM »
Went to the market to buy cheap(er) veggies.

Went to the supermarket and saw potatoes were on sale for almost 50% off. Got a 3 kg bag :)

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #10667 on: February 03, 2018, 02:01:53 PM »
-Stuck to my list for our Costco run. Did pick up one freezer item that was on sale. Drove in electric car, so no fuel charge. (We charge for free at work).
-Rode my  bike to second set of closer errands. Felt like a total mustachian. ;-)
-Found two great gift card deals, and earned a $20 grocery store gift cards & a $45 Starbucks gift cards for things we will use over the next few weeks
-Used Costco gift card for groceries today
-Ate leftovers for lunch

Teachstache

• Stubble
« Reply #10668 on: February 03, 2018, 02:09:29 PM »
Our almost 3 year old son rammed his head into one of our big bay windows in our living room. It cracked the window, but thankfully not his head (he apparently has a very hard head). Called local glass company, they quoted us $30 to replace one of the panes that was cracked. Turns out our double pane windows are actually triple pane windows (installed by previous owners at great expense). A projected $30 fix turned into a $301 special order ☹️ Luckily, we have about that much in credit card rewards. Had hoped to use it for a fun vacation to visit family in South Dakota in May, but a window replacement is much more necessary. Does saving money with credit card rewards count?

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #10669 on: February 03, 2018, 02:31:06 PM »
Our almost 3 year old son rammed his head into one of our big bay windows in our living room. It cracked the window, but thankfully not his head (he apparently has a very hard head).

I still have a scar from when I put my head through a big pane of glass as a toddler. Your genes contributed to your son's hard head which saved you an emergency room co-pay ;-)

TartanTallulah

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10670 on: February 03, 2018, 04:02:55 PM »
Someone alerted me to a retail outlet selling kettlebells quite cheaply. "I need some heavier kettlebells, I'll pop in and buy some," I said. Fortunately, before I could go to the store I realised there was nothing I needed kettlebells for that I couldn't do by loading up the dumbbells we already have at home. Spending and extra clutter avoided.

I've also planned tomorrow's bike ride as two loops from home so that we don't end up having lunch in a restaurant.

LWYRUP

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10671 on: February 03, 2018, 05:11:05 PM »

Replaced eight more incandescent lightbulbs with LEDs and CFLs.

Didn't eat out. 

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10672 on: February 03, 2018, 06:28:07 PM »
Our almost 3 year old son rammed his head into one of our big bay windows in our living room. It cracked the window, but thankfully not his head (he apparently has a very hard head). Called local glass company, they quoted us $30 to replace one of the panes that was cracked. Turns out our double pane windows are actually triple pane windows (installed by previous owners at great expense). A projected $30 fix turned into a $301 special order ☹️ Luckily, we have about that much in credit card rewards. Had hoped to use it for a fun vacation to visit family in South Dakota in May, but a window replacement is much more necessary. Does saving money with credit card rewards count?

Bad luck about the window but thank goodness he's ok!

FrugalAussie

• Stubble
« Reply #10673 on: February 03, 2018, 06:59:16 PM »
Attempting to make herb loaf in the bread maker when, belatedly, I remembered we'd been notified of a power outage.  Changed the cooking mode to 'dough' and it finished just before power went out.  Turned out the dough, which was too moist so the power outage was a lucky break.  Kneaded in some more flour, let it rise until the power came back on.  Used home cured olives, home roasted brought capsicum, herbs from our garden. This is the result, Focaccia .....
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 07:04:33 PM by FrugalAussie »

FrugalAussie

• Stubble
« Reply #10674 on: February 03, 2018, 07:17:51 PM »
I went to the library and got a library card and 4 books! I haven't been to the library since I was a kid. It was beautiful, and so clean and high tech, and it had the latest in the series I'm reading. Once again, basic mustache but SO EXCITING.

I love our local library.  I order books and DVDs from their website then pop in to pick up when I'm notified that they're available so spend very little time searching the shelves like in "the old days". Last year I brought one book so the savings to me have been significant.

Another tip for savings on books is to use local book exchanges.  We have two that allows one-for-one swap of books.  I gathered together what we had at home and exchanged about 8 books.  These are what we take with us on holiday and then leave behind.

I do agree with supporting authors, especially of small print runs, so will continue to buy books, just not many. 

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10675 on: February 03, 2018, 07:52:27 PM »

I just found out my suburb is getting a new beautiful, high tech library.

New Aldi last year, new library this year, it's a Mustachian's paradise!

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10676 on: February 03, 2018, 07:54:39 PM »
I made my own chicken korma curry for dinner instead of getting takeaway Indian as I’ve been craving. Cost about $10 for 3 hearty servings instead of the $20 (or realistically $30) I would have spent. Really hit the spot and I packed the leftovers in single servings so I don’t overindulge.

Got my TSA/Global Entry interview done and the $100 fee was credited back to my account because it’s a credit card perk.

Finally restocked the fridge so I’ll be eating healthier and cheaper this week. Work had gotten away from me and I was buying takeaway dinners as I worked all last weekend out of town and get home at 630 after a 10 hour day so I’m too drained to think about cooking. I’m going to pre-make individual dinners for the week tomorrow (including the korma) so it doesn’t happen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10677 on: February 03, 2018, 07:56:26 PM »
I did this in December! If you like ebooks and audiobooks, get Overdrive and Libby (apps). You put in your library card and can digitally check out virtual materials! Best part: they auto-return so no late fees. I’ve been through 6 books this year already!

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10678 on: February 03, 2018, 08:14:53 PM »
We had leftover last night, for lunch today, and for dinner!  I'm going to have to cook again tomorrow....after my hike.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #10679 on: February 04, 2018, 06:24:51 AM »
Repairing a wardrobe door with badly running wheels, without buying new wheels. Turned out there was a lot of sticky stuff in the aluminium rail. We took of the doir and I cleaned the rails. Now it runs okay.

(Written in another thread as well)

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #10680 on: February 04, 2018, 11:58:33 AM »
Cut DH's hair, like I have done for more than 20 years.

Off the Wheel

• Bristles
« Reply #10681 on: February 04, 2018, 01:00:27 PM »
Look at all this library love. :D

Last night I finally got around to submitting my expense claims for extended health benefits - 3 massages I'll get for 'free', thanks Canada!, got the $100 cheque deposited from my glasses reimbursement, and heard back from one of the annual fee providers that they'll pro-rate a refund for me if I cancel now, so I expect another $100 on my statement.

This thread is very motivating. :)

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10682 on: February 04, 2018, 01:17:19 PM »
We didn't buy a treat. We even walked into the candy shop then back out. Then had to exit the "mall" through a bakery that smelled amazing.

We made it home and made oatmeal and flaxseed pancakes that we covered with jam. Mhmm. And champagne.

Megs193

• Stubble
« Reply #10683 on: February 04, 2018, 01:44:23 PM »
I’m new to MMM and have loved reading this thread for inspiration!

- Took coffee and breakfast to work (this is a big change for me!  I always treat myself to Starbucks when it’s my weekend to work!)
- Made all meals at home this weekend (also a big accomplishment in our house!)
- Used a coupon to take my son ice skating and only paid $11 for 2 including rentals
- Made a menu plan based on what we have already and only spent $90 at the store for the weeks groceries instead of the $150 we normally spend.
- My husband wanted to take the kids out for hot chocolate but I made some at home instead.

better late

• Bristles
« Reply #10684 on: February 04, 2018, 02:05:03 PM »
I’m new to MMM and have loved reading this thread for inspiration!

- Took coffee and breakfast to work (this is a big change for me!  I always treat myself to Starbucks when it’s my weekend to work!)
- Made all meals at home this weekend (also a big accomplishment in our house!)
- Used a coupon to take my son ice skating and only paid $11 for 2 including rentals
- Made a menu plan based on what we have already and only spent $90 at the store for the weeks groceries instead of the $150 we normally spend.
- My husband wanted to take the kids out for hot chocolate but I made some at home instead.

Good for you!

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10685 on: February 04, 2018, 02:15:23 PM »
If you spend a lot of money at the grocery store but eat all your meals at home, wouldn't that be considered frugal? For instance, If I spend $1,000 a month for two people and there are 93 meals in a month. $1,000 divided by 93 equals $10.75. Then divide that by 2 people that equals $5.38 per meal per person each month. That is pretty frugal! If two people ate out 8 dinner meals and had a few glasses of wine the bill would be at least $60-$75. Multiply $75 times 8 would be $600. So, I think if you area eating well at home and are eating good meals of fruits, veggies and proteins, it is a bargain eating at home, and much more healthy.

Hirondelle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10686 on: February 04, 2018, 02:20:00 PM »
If you spend a lot of money at the grocery store but eat all your meals at home, wouldn't that be considered frugal? For instance, If I spend $1,000 a month for two people and there are 93 meals in a month. $1,000 divided by 93 equals $10.75. Then divide that by 2 people that equals $5.38 per meal per person each month. That is pretty frugal! If two people ate out 8 dinner meals and had a few glasses of wine the bill would be at least $60-$75. Multiply $75 times 8 would be $600. So, I think if you area eating well at home and are eating good meals of fruits, veggies and proteins, it is a bargain eating at home, and much more healthy.
$5.38 is a very reasonable amount for a dinner meal, but for breakfast or lunch I think that's rather expensive. But hey, I'm on a $100/month food budget as a single person and I don't even feel deprived.

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #10687 on: February 04, 2018, 02:53:58 PM »
I made a triple batch of 3-ingredient dog treats (helps to get through some of the heaps of frozen pumpkin purée we have). Husband made yogurt - $5 for 4L of milk, an hour of time, and enough yogurt for two or three weeks. I enjoy days like this of puttering around the house and getting stuff done/saving $$.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #10688 on: February 04, 2018, 03:07:05 PM »
$5.38 is a very reasonable amount for a dinner meal, but for breakfast or lunch I think that's rather expensive. But hey, I'm on a $100/month food budget as a single person and I don't even feel deprived.

This. We're in the $2ish range. We definitely have some more expensive meals, and also occasionally have nice wine. But, on average, we try to spend less on our regular meals.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #10689 on: February 04, 2018, 03:08:37 PM »
-Packed a lunch for the kids at their activity (vs them buying junk at the concession stand)
-Will make a feast for the Super Bowl using things we have around the house
-Bought avocados 3/$1 & will make guacamole. Tortilla chips were also on sale for the big game
-Made $31.61 on eBay & got my packages mailed off

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10690 on: February 04, 2018, 03:21:58 PM »
No spend day today. Stayed in and did some work from home, trying to get a bonus this month for extra income.
Bathed my dog at home (like always, but still!).
Ate leftovers from last night's $10 curry instead of having no leftovers from takeaway.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #10691 on: February 04, 2018, 04:04:44 PM »
-Packed a lunch for the kids at their activity (vs them buying junk at the concession stand)
-Will make a feast for the Super Bowl using things we have around the house
-Bought avocados 3/$1 & will make guacamole. Tortilla chips were also on sale for the big game
-Made $31.61 on eBay & got my packages mailed off

The kids both won trophies at their BMX races today. Each day of racing costs $10. If you come in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, you get a trophy. Alternatively, you can get $3, $2, or $1 towards future racing. Both chose the credit towards future racing vs another trophy. They are listening! My 10 year old actually said, "I already have a bunch of trophies, so another would just be clutter. But, the $1 is money towards more fun". . . . ah!!!

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #10692 on: February 04, 2018, 04:47:03 PM »
House across the street is going up for sale. Realtor stuck the sign in the lawn yesterday, but it's not online yet. Spent some time primping our house a bit- mowed, weeded, washed the cars. We're thinking long game here. The better the street looks, the higher the price on that house, the higher the price if we opt to sell soon. (Plus, it just seems like a nice thing to do for someone when they're trying to sell.)

Off the Wheel

• Bristles
« Reply #10693 on: February 04, 2018, 04:51:31 PM »
House across the street is going up for sale. Realtor stuck the sign in the lawn yesterday, but it's not online yet. Spent some time primping our house a bit- mowed, weeded, washed the cars. We're thinking long game here. The better the street looks, the higher the price on that house, the higher the price if we opt to sell soon. (Plus, it just seems like a nice thing to do for someone when they're trying to sell.)

That's smart. The townhouse next to ours is for sale, so we should probably think about moving the pile of doggy bags that's on our front patio. (In our defence, we've been super sick.) Though since it's an identical unit to ours that's listed $250K higher than when we bought two years, this market may not care about dog poop.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #10694 on: February 04, 2018, 04:58:35 PM »

That's smart. The townhouse next to ours is for sale, so we should probably think about moving the pile of doggy bags that's on our front patio. (In our defence, we've been super sick.) Though since it's an identical unit to ours that's listed $250K higher than when we bought two years, this market may not care about dog poop.

Yeah that's been similar to our experience... (although by #s I'm guessing you're in PDX or Seattle, we're not in a big city). We bought less than 2 years ago. This place is smaller, with a smaller lot, worse layout, very generic looking, ones less bedroom, and backs up to a really ugly highway sound wall... and it'll probably list for more than we paid for our place- exact number TBD. We took a little gamble option to buy when we did and take PMI, instead of waiting and doing a full downpayment. I am very, very glad we did. We lucked out and read the market right on that one!

Still. Go throw away that dog poop ;) Haha.

FrugalAussie

• Stubble
« Reply #10695 on: February 05, 2018, 03:13:18 AM »
A couple of small things and some bigger wins:
- brought the cheapest fuel of the week.  We're also pleased to have one tank last us two weeks now we're FIRE'd
- milk at half price thanks to a helpful tip from till operator when paying for the fuel. An extra 4c/L off if spending $5 instore.  As I already had some milk to buy it was easy enough to purchase some more which will go into the freezer.  They sell the milk at supermarket prices. Saved $3.
- Popped into the Kebab shop for some Turkish bread, they only had day old at 50% off so I brought two as I toast it anyway. Saved $2.
- Resisted icecream ALL day.  Saved $4
- Cleaned the fridge of bits and pieces for lunch.  Everything tastes good with/on Turkish bread!
- Dinner is a cheapie. Pasta with pesto from homegrown basil and rocket with a mostly homegrown salad.  It's Summer where I live.
- I had notification from our library that they will buy a new publication that I suggested.   It's selling for $85.  You may be interested, it's written by the co-creator of Permaculture, David Holmgren, 'RetroSuburbia'. 
- Brought early bird tickets to our once a year music festival.  Early bird prices saved us $60 (15%). This is our favourite weekend of the year, listening to so many talented musicians from around the world and it's on our doorstep nearly.

Thanks everyone for your inspiration. I really appreciate all the tips and encouragement.

TartanTallulah

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10696 on: February 05, 2018, 03:41:25 AM »
Put my car insurance details into a price comparison website. I've rolled with the same company for years and their prices have always seemed very reasonable, but this time I found myself thinking, "Why has the price gone up slightly when my car is a year older and I haven't had any claims?" and had a look at the competition. I've ended up saving £80, which is almost one-third of the original quote, and my new policy includes breakdown cover so that's another £70 I won't need to spend in three months' time.

Not bad for 15 minutes' work.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #10697 on: February 05, 2018, 03:59:38 AM »

- Resisted icecream ALL day.  Saved $4

Does this work in the long run?

I often notice that if I have something on my mind that I want to eat, that I keep thinking about for days, until I buy it and eat it... :-(

Nickyd£g

• Stubble
« Reply #10698 on: February 05, 2018, 06:14:10 AM »
- Menu planned for the week, and spent £20 in Lidl, including a free range chicken
- Roasted said chicken, have enough meat for 5 meals and started a stock in the slow cooker
- planning a no spend week, other than £1.60 bus fare and £5 for soda water and lime on Friday night as I'm attending an ex-colleagues leaving party in the pub.

BuildingmyFIRE

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10699 on: February 05, 2018, 08:07:44 AM »
Dropped off my husbands 13 year old car to have tires replaced.  Walked the 2.7 miles back home rather than call a Lyft or Uber.  Extra benefit: exercise taken care of for the day!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!