Author Topic: Mustachian People Problems (just for fun)  (Read 961262 times)

Tasty Pinecones

• Pencil Stache
Re: Mustachian People Problems (just for fun)
« Reply #3550 on: January 25, 2017, 01:17:20 PM »
Do people still hold mortgage burning parties?

DW and I want to have one when the day comes but we fear it will be in bad taste b/c so few of the people we know will be mortgage (or car payment) free...

Don't want to brag too loudly.

TrMama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3551 on: January 25, 2017, 03:13:53 PM »

DW and I want to have one when the day comes but we fear it will be in bad taste b/c so few of the people we know will be mortgage (or car payment) free...

We didn't because we think we're too young for that to be in good taste. However, I'm seriously considering framing the mortgage discharge notice so we can hang it on the wall. May have to put it somewhere guests won't see it . . .

GreenSheep

• Bristles
« Reply #3552 on: January 25, 2017, 03:30:41 PM »

We didn't because we think we're too young for that to be in good taste. However, I'm seriously considering framing the mortgage discharge notice so we can hang it on the wall. May have to put it somewhere guests won't see it . . .

I'm still kicking myself for not having a "zero net worth" party and inviting friends who would appreciate such a thing, after my student loans and retirement savings averaged to zero. (I've heard people serve Coke Zero, Cheerios, donuts, etc.) I think that's easier for people to celebrate than paying off something like a mortgage, which seems unattainable to so many people. If that fits your scenario, maybe you could consider doing that instead of a mortgage payoff party?

markbike528CBX

• Bristles
« Reply #3553 on: January 25, 2017, 04:53:24 PM »
...I'm still kicking myself for not having a "zero net worth" party and inviting friends who would appreciate such a thing, after my student loans and retirement savings averaged to zero. (I've heard people serve Coke Zero, Cheerios, donuts, etc.) ....

My MPP is that Coke Zero wasn't invented when I got to zero net worth, (~1992?).

FIRE me

• Handlebar Stache
  • So much technology, so little talent.
« Reply #3554 on: January 25, 2017, 06:45:36 PM »
  Surely no reasonable person would give half a shit.

As long as it's dishwasher safe, I wouldn't give half a shit that it once held dog urine.  If you own a dog, you probably have a decent amount of dog urine around your house (or you will once your dog gets older)

True, but I do try to avoid storing food for extended periods of time on the sections of floor that have been used regularly for a toilet. I'm pretty prissy.

Yeah, no offense to those willing to eat and drink out of containers that formerly held a sick dog's piss, but this kind of thing is why years ago I stopped eating or drinking anything from other people's homes.
FIRE'd on January 4, 2017

PMG

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3555 on: January 25, 2017, 07:02:13 PM »
Back around thanksgiving I found an Otterbox phone case at goodwill for $2.  It wasn't new but it was in decent shape. I think I had my hands full and was going to go back to it after trying clothing on, but I forgot. I desperately need a new phone case but now I can't make myself buy the decent $11 case from Amazon because $2 has been set as my new acceptable cost for one.

FIRE me

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3556 on: January 25, 2017, 07:02:37 PM »
Got the official notice from the mortgage company and land title office yesterday that our mortgage is officially discharged. Yay!

Immediately called the property insurance company to ask for the "no mortgage" discount. It will apply, but they won't drop our premiums until the policy renews, in August. Drat, 8 more months of paying inflated premiums.

I'm seriously annoyed that whenever we owe them money, we're expected to pay right away, but when they owe us money it has to wait 8 months.

I'm also annoyed that I can't complain about being overcharged to anyone in real life. The fact we've paid off the mortgage isn't something I like to advertise.

My auto insurance dropped when I retired, but there was no rate reduction when I paid off my mortgage. I did a quick google, and the only result I found for a paid off mortgage insurance discount was for Canadian insurers.

So I am wondering if that discount is just a Canadian thing, or does it apply to the USA too?

BudgetSlasher

• Bristles
« Reply #3557 on: January 25, 2017, 07:23:16 PM »

Just go the Scottish route and paint the front door red.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #3558 on: January 25, 2017, 08:02:10 PM »

As long as it's dishwasher safe, I wouldn't give half a shit that it once held dog urine.  If you own a dog, you probably have a decent amount of dog urine around your house (or you will once your dog gets older)

True, but I do try to avoid storing food for extended periods of time on the sections of floor that have been used regularly for a toilet. I'm pretty prissy.

Yeah, no offense to those willing to eat and drink out of containers that formerly held a sick dog's piss, but this kind of thing is why years ago I stopped eating or drinking anything from other people's homes.

Do you actually believe there's a chance of harm?  Because I'm a certified germaphobe, but I'm rational.  I'll eat off a toilet bowl if it's been through the autoclave.

Dollar Slice

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3559 on: January 25, 2017, 10:27:34 PM »
...I'm still kicking myself for not having a "zero net worth" party and inviting friends who would appreciate such a thing, after my student loans and retirement savings averaged to zero. (I've heard people serve Coke Zero, Cheerios, donuts, etc.) ....

My MPP is that Coke Zero wasn't invented when I got to zero net worth, (~1992?).

My MPP is that I've had a positive net worth since I was a toddler, so I never got to have a zero net worth party. (And hopefully I never will since I'd be approaching it from the wrong side...)
...it's not at all alarming that people have started quoting me in their siggy lines.

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3560 on: January 26, 2017, 04:27:32 AM »

Do you actually believe there's a chance of harm?  Because I'm a certified germaphobe, but I'm rational.  I'll eat off a toilet bowl if it's been through the autoclave.

Yeah, that sounds like a disproportionate assessment of risk that has negative consequence for your life ie. being unable to share a meal with friends when they made it. I'm honestly not being snarky and mean this in a genuine and friendly way, but I think that makes you an excellent candidate for therapy and your quality of life would be improved by overcoming this. Obviously you are free to tell me to F Off. 

SuperMex

• Stubble
« Reply #3561 on: January 26, 2017, 04:41:34 AM »
I was taking Microbiology in college. One of the projects was to go around the school and take samples of different areas, grow them out, and identify the colonies using a Bergey's manual.

I took samples of toilet seats, handle to the bathroom, cafeteria tables, cafeteria tray, different floor areas, all kinds of places.

I was shocked that the most harmful and highest quantity of bacteria were on the cafeteria trays and secondly the bathroom door handle. The toilet seat had almost none.

radram

• Bristles
« Reply #3562 on: January 26, 2017, 05:51:47 AM »
I was taking Microbiology in college. One of the projects was to go around the school and take samples of different areas, grow them out, and identify the colonies using a Bergey's manual.

I took samples of toilet seats, handle to the bathroom, cafeteria tables, cafeteria tray, different floor areas, all kinds of places.

I was shocked that the most harmful and highest quantity of bacteria were on the cafeteria trays and secondly the bathroom door handle. The toilet seat had almost none.

When I was teaching Computer Science in High School, this was an annual experiment for the MicroBio students. They would often come by and ask to swab the keyboards. They often found nasty stuff. No real surprise to me.

Just curious, what is the connection between your story and the MPP topic of this thread?

PhoenixHeat

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3563 on: January 26, 2017, 06:50:42 AM »
I can no longer see a giant house with a huge truck, giant boat, and ridiculous-sized camper out front without wondering how much the people who 'own' them owe.
For me it's this one. I can't help but think or assume how unhealthy people are when I see all these things. I typically immediately stop myself from being judgemental and think there must be some reasonable explanation. My rational mind says most likely there isn't one and the folks either have lots of debt or low net worth.

dogboyslim

• Stubble
« Reply #3564 on: January 26, 2017, 08:17:50 AM »
My auto insurance dropped when I retired, but there was no rate reduction when I paid off my mortgage. I did a quick google, and the only result I found for a paid off mortgage insurance discount was for Canadian insurers.

So I am wondering if that discount is just a Canadian thing, or does it apply to the USA too?

Some carriers offer it in the form of a rating factor related to the number of lienholders.  Most don't.  You can also usually get a full-pay discount, but only at the time of purchase or renewal.

Even if they don't offer a discount, make sure you get them to remove the lienholder right away because if you have a loss, the payment would be made out to both of you, and it could delay the time until you had access to any settlements.  Also, you can shop your policy anytime, so if you are feeling like your rate is not that great, call up a few carriers and ask for quotes.

FIRE me

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3565 on: January 26, 2017, 07:58:49 PM »

Yes I do. A dishwasher sanitizes, not sterilizes. It will also spread the residue to every other object in the dishwasher, and to the interior of the dishwasher itself.

About the autoclave, you are right. You could sterilize a toilet or even a turd. But I still wouldn't want to eat it.

FIRE me

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3566 on: January 26, 2017, 08:18:56 PM »

Yeah, that sounds like a disproportionate assessment of risk that has negative consequence for your life ie. being unable to share a meal with friends when they made it. I'm honestly not being snarky and mean this in a genuine and friendly way, but I think that makes you an excellent candidate for therapy and your quality of life would be improved by overcoming this. Obviously you are free to tell me to F Off.

I realize that I am the one that is odd, and your intentions are good. So although I have no intention of doing so, I am not at all offended by your advice to seek therapy.

It's not the risk. It's the unappetizing grossness.

I'm an introvert anyway, so it affects me a lot less that you might guess.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #3567 on: January 26, 2017, 08:36:41 PM »
Don't worry, all my best psychological diagnoses come from the Internet.  Last I checked I have asshole syndrome and need to take an FU pill twice daily

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3568 on: January 27, 2017, 04:51:30 AM »

I realize that I am the one that is odd, and your intentions are good. So although I have no intention of doing so, I am not at all offended by your advice to seek therapy.

It's not the risk. It's the unappetizing grossness.

I'm an introvert anyway, so it affects me a lot less that you might guess.

Thanks for taking it in the spirit intended. And if you don't enjoy eating with others anyway, I guess it's not really impacting your life at all.

Kiwi Fuzz

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3569 on: January 27, 2017, 07:50:04 AM »
My MPP is that I've improved my diet so much (eating mostly fresh legumes, fruit, veggies, nuts, & seeds) that when my husband asked me if I want to go to our favorite restaurant I had to reply "I'm not sure if I like that place any more." To which he responded: "Oh, no, not another one!" The places I will pay for pre-made food are quickly diminishing.

I may just grin and bear it on my anniversary next month by forking over the $50+ for the place we (or more so 'he', nowadays) love to go.

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3570 on: January 27, 2017, 08:38:50 AM »
My MPP is that I've improved my diet so much (eating mostly fresh legumes, fruit, veggies, nuts, & seeds) that when my husband asked me if I want to go to our favorite restaurant I had to reply "I'm not sure if I like that place any more." To which he responded: "Oh, no, not another one!" The places I will pay for pre-made food are quickly diminishing.

I may just grin and bear it on my anniversary next month by forking over the $50+ for the place we (or more so 'he', nowadays) love to go.

Same, my cooking skills are getting quite good (sorry for the big head, I've always really enjoyed it and been concentrating on trying new things the last few years). We got a Chinese takeaway a few weeks ago as a big treat... and it was disgusting. So gelatinous. I couldn't eat it.

Tonight, I'm doing the stirfry and I have just asked my DH to pick up some prawn crackers! Yum.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3571 on: January 27, 2017, 08:44:46 AM »

The biggest downside to getting good at DIY! We certainly run into this, but at least DH is on board. We went to lunch at a random cafe type place with his parents. Afterwards, he said, "it's crazy, now wherever we go I just see Cisco products. It makes me not want to eat anywhere- it's all the same crap in different combinations". The only stuff we eat out anymore are ethnic foods we can't manage (ie, I'm not up to restaurant level for thai cooking- I can do damn good mexican though, so we will go out for thai, but not mexican). And sometimes pizza, because a real handmade pizza done in a wood fired oven? I can't replicate that flavor.

But yeah. Can't stand to go for burgers or steak anymore. Seems like such a waste.
The Roughest Mustachian on the Nicest Block: my journal
Like babies? Have kids? Want to chat about Babies and Pregnancy? Group Journal Here.

seanc0x0

• Bristles
« Reply #3572 on: January 27, 2017, 08:53:30 AM »

The biggest downside to getting good at DIY! We certainly run into this, but at least DH is on board. We went to lunch at a random cafe type place with his parents. Afterwards, he said, "it's crazy, now wherever we go I just see Cisco products. It makes me not want to eat anywhere- it's all the same crap in different combinations". The only stuff we eat out anymore are ethnic foods we can't manage (ie, I'm not up to restaurant level for thai cooking- I can do damn good mexican though, so we will go out for thai, but not mexican). And sometimes pizza, because a real handmade pizza done in a wood fired oven? I can't replicate that flavor.

But yeah. Can't stand to go for burgers or steak anymore. Seems like such a waste.

I was confused at first, but then realized you probably meant Sysco. Cisco is a network equipment vendor that gets way too much of my institution's infrastructure money.

I really know the change in tastes. Back in the old days (pre MMM, BC) we'd go out to eat several times a week. We really enjoyed it then, but now whenever I've gone out to eat, I leave disappointed. Most restaurant food is meh, and so expensive compared to home cooking!

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3573 on: January 27, 2017, 09:34:53 AM »

I was confused at first, but then realized you probably meant Sysco. Cisco is a network equipment vendor that gets way too much of my institution's infrastructure money.

I really know the change in tastes. Back in the old days (pre MMM, BC) we'd go out to eat several times a week. We really enjoyed it then, but now whenever I've gone out to eat, I leave disappointed. Most restaurant food is meh, and so expensive compared to home cooking!

Ooops! Phonetic spelling strikes again. Thank you for the correction!
Like babies? Have kids? Want to chat about Babies and Pregnancy? Group Journal Here.

Kiwi Fuzz

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3574 on: January 27, 2017, 09:45:22 AM »
My MPP is that I've improved my diet so much (eating mostly legumes, fresh fruit, veggies, nuts, & seeds) that when my husband asked me if I want to go to our favorite restaurant I had to reply "I'm not sure if I like that place any more." To which he responded: "Oh, no, not another one!" The places I will pay for pre-made food are quickly diminishing.

Same, my cooking skills are getting quite good (sorry for the big head, I've always really enjoyed it and been concentrating on trying new things the last few years). We got a Chinese takeaway a few weeks ago as a big treat... and it was disgusting. So gelatinous. I couldn't eat it.

Tonight, I'm doing the stirfry and I have just asked my DH to pick up some prawn crackers! Yum.

Yeah, American-Chinese is even more greasy than the Chinese I grew up with in New Zealand. I was playing a video game last night (World of Warcraft for my fellow nerds out there) with the husband and he plays a panda. I felt for a moment that I wanted Panda Express but then I remembered that it's too heavy/greasy/gelantinous and I don't actually enjoy it. This is even considering I always ordered the mixed veggies with teriyaki grilled chicken (the lightest thing on their menu).

Homemade stir-fry does sound tempting, though...It must almost be lunch time.

I have been considering trying to make pizza, since husband craves it a lot, but I don't have a pizza stone. Maybe one will show up second hand somewhere - but I'd have to actually be looking for it since I don't browse stores. He's not so fussy on the wood fired oven - places like that around here are extortionately priced.

Thai seems like it would be easy (says the person who always had a knack for cooking...) to replicate but maybe I've just had lackluster Thai food all my life!

MightyAl

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3575 on: January 27, 2017, 09:52:37 AM »

Ya know I never thought I needed a wood fired pizza oven until I bought house with one.  Now I don't know how I lived without one for so long.

Dollar Slice

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3576 on: January 27, 2017, 09:58:18 AM »
I have been considering trying to make pizza, since husband craves it a lot, but I don't have a pizza stone. Maybe one will show up second hand somewhere - but I'd have to actually be looking for it since I don't browse stores. He's not so fussy on the wood fired oven - places like that around here are extortionately priced.

You can make great pizza on an outdoor grill!
...it's not at all alarming that people have started quoting me in their siggy lines.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3577 on: January 27, 2017, 10:19:59 AM »

Do you use charcoal? Because I've done them over a gas grill, and it really doesn't taste the same as the smokey wood fired flavors.

Kiwi Fuzz

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3578 on: January 27, 2017, 10:25:33 AM »

Thanks for the idea. Same problem, though, I do not own a grill.

Uturn

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3579 on: January 27, 2017, 10:40:54 AM »

Do you use charcoal? Because I've done them over a gas grill, and it really doesn't taste the same as the smokey wood fired flavors.

Have you tried a pan with wood chips on the gas grill to provide some smoke?  I have a wood grill, so I've never tried it, but there are some youtubes on doing it. 
It's not about money, it's about mindset

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3580 on: January 27, 2017, 11:06:42 AM »

Have you tried a pan with wood chips on the gas grill to provide some smoke?  I have a wood grill, so I've never tried it, but there are some youtubes on doing it.

Hmm, that's an idea! I'll have to give that a try. Thanks!

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #3581 on: January 27, 2017, 11:32:09 AM »

Have you tried this: http://www.thepauperedchef.com/2010/02/how-to-make-a-3-dollar-pizza-stone.html

radram

• Bristles
« Reply #3582 on: January 27, 2017, 11:55:48 AM »

Hmm, that's an idea! I'll have to give that a try. Thanks!

I don't even use a pan. I soak wood slices(1 inch thick chainsaw cut branches of apple wood) in water, then place them directly on the gas grill grate. I let them start on fire, then blow them out and let them smoke. Great rotisserie chicken!

The grill does get ash inside, but no worries for me. Cheap grill :)

thedigitalone

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3583 on: January 27, 2017, 12:16:21 PM »
My paycheck deposit today was short so I took a look at my paystub... oops

The mustachian part of my brain is like "...should I even have payroll fix it?"

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 12:38:36 PM by thedigitalone »

jordanread

• Walrus Stache
  • Live Long, Live Free, Drop Dead
    • Frugal FIRE Show
« Reply #3584 on: January 27, 2017, 12:17:31 PM »

That's pretty awesome.
Join the cycling challenge!
Get in shape in 2017!
Frugal FIRE - Episode 2

"Mustachians rarely sit back and let things happen to them. Mustachians go out and happen to things."

Camp Mustache Canada - Sold Out Already!!

Kiwi Fuzz

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3585 on: January 27, 2017, 12:39:28 PM »

Have you tried this: http://www.thepauperedchef.com/2010/02/how-to-make-a-3-dollar-pizza-stone.html

I have not even thought of that! Thanks for the link. I will have to surprise the husband with amazing homemade pizza (and back myself into further into a corner of having to habitually cook everything because we prefer my cooking over take out).

Dollar Slice

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3586 on: January 27, 2017, 12:49:13 PM »

Yes, charcoal. I don't really count gas as "grilling." ;-)

I can't say I've noticed smoke flavoring in wood-oven pizza, though. You might be mistaking char from high heat for smoke flavors from the wood. Unless they do things differently in the PNW...

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3587 on: January 27, 2017, 01:50:34 PM »

Yes, charcoal. I don't really count gas as "grilling." ;-)

I can't say I've noticed smoke flavoring in wood-oven pizza, though. You might be mistaking char from high heat for smoke flavors from the wood. Unless they do things differently in the PNW...

I mean, I ain't gonna argue pizza with a New Yorker. I know better than that ;)

Maybe I'll do some controlled experiments. High heat, with and without wood chips, med heat with and without, and oven. Do a side by side ;) Woe is me. I will have to eat SO much pizza. =D

Playing with Fire UK

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3588 on: January 27, 2017, 02:06:46 PM »

I also reeeeeally wanted to do this (it was the end of a stressful time), and could have been combined with a house warming (/is now habitable and warm) party so as not to be braggy. I floated the idea to a couple of people but the consensus was that it was unBritish and would lead to questions about lottery wins.  In the end the SO and I had a private burning with a huge fire and bottle of fizz. It was excellent.

Dollar Slice

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3589 on: January 27, 2017, 02:08:43 PM »
I mean, I ain't gonna argue pizza with a New Yorker. I know better than that ;)

Maybe I'll do some controlled experiments. High heat, with and without wood chips, med heat with and without, and oven. Do a side by side ;) Woe is me. I will have to eat SO much pizza. =D

I'm not saying "Pizza" is my middle name, at least not legally, but it IS sort of an alias at this point, so... ;-)

I look forward to your research results!

With This Herring

• Pencil Stache
  • TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #3590 on: January 27, 2017, 02:15:29 PM »

Unless you must have that exact crust texture, you don't need a pizza stone to cook a pizza in the oven.  I have a perforated metal pizza pan, but I've even used baking sheets/cookie sheets in the past.

And I like the cheap clay tile ideas of others!
Because your toaster got hacked because you tried to watch porn on your blender.

6-year CPA currently on hiatus.  Botched this.  Working again. 
Go soak your beans.  You know you keep forgetting.

PMG

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3591 on: January 27, 2017, 02:29:19 PM »
I don't have a refined pizza palate like some of you, but I've made pizza in my cast iron skillet.  It can reach and hold high heat similar to a pizza stone.

merula

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3592 on: January 27, 2017, 02:46:48 PM »
Seconding PMG. Heat the cast iron with a little oil on the stove while running the broiler. Roll out your dough, place in the pan, and then top while cooking the crust. Put it under the broiler for 2-4 minutes. If the crust isn't sufficiently crusty, put back on the stovetop to cook the bottom more.

Extra points if you make your pizza dough a few days ahead of time and keep it in the fridge so it gets a chance to get a little sourdough-y.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3593 on: January 27, 2017, 02:47:39 PM »
Seconding PMG. Heat the cast iron with a little oil on the stove while running the broiler. Roll out your dough, place in the pan, and then top while cooking the crust. Put it under the broiler for 2-4 minutes. If the crust isn't sufficiently crusty, put back on the stovetop to cook the bottom more.

Extra points if you make your pizza dough a few days ahead of time and keep it in the fridge so it gets a chance to get a little sourdough-y.

Do you add any sort of starter? Or just let it 'wild ferment'?

merula

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3594 on: January 27, 2017, 02:55:03 PM »

We typically make the dough with regular yeast* (it's actually a foccacia dough from some cookbook), and use half of it to make pizza the same day, and then the other half of the dough sits in the fridge for a few days until we make pizza again. It doesn't really ferment, it just gets kinda funky, and the second pizzas are better than the first. We've been trying to plan ahead, but it doesn't always happen.

*My husband keeps trying to make true homemade sourdough happen. It hasn't worked yet, despite dozens of attempts, and I'm tried of eating poorly-leavened bread.

PMG

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3595 on: January 27, 2017, 03:03:47 PM »

We typically make the dough with regular yeast* (it's actually a foccacia dough from some cookbook), and use half of it to make pizza the same day, and then the other half of the dough sits in the fridge for a few days until we make pizza again. It doesn't really ferment, it just gets kinda funky, and the second pizzas are better than the first. We've been trying to plan ahead, but it doesn't always happen.

*My husband keeps trying to make true homemade sourdough happen. It hasn't worked yet, despite dozens of attempts, and I'm tried of eating poorly-leavened bread.

I think I need that recipe if you're willing to share.

TrMama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3596 on: January 27, 2017, 04:18:56 PM »

I also reeeeeally wanted to do this (it was the end of a stressful time), and could have been combined with a house warming (/is now habitable and warm) party so as not to be braggy. I floated the idea to a couple of people but the consensus was that it was unBritish and would lead to questions about lottery wins.  In the end the SO and I had a private burning with a huge fire and bottle of fizz. It was excellent.

I think I've come to the conclusion that I'm too cheap to actually buy the frame.

Is this what the American expression "Mo' money, 'mo problems" is referring to?

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3597 on: January 27, 2017, 04:28:25 PM »
I dreamt that my husband bought wrapping paper for a wedding present, and I was annoyed that he spent $5 on paper when I have a stockpile here bought on sale.

LeRainDrop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3598 on: January 27, 2017, 05:45:44 PM »

That's pretty awesome.

I don't get it.

Cannot Wait!

• Pencil Stache
  • FIREd 2016 @ 49
« Reply #3599 on: January 27, 2017, 07:14:30 PM »
I remember when some friends told me that they had paid off their mortgage.   I was happy for them but really sad for my recently divorced self; figuring that that was just not in my cards.  Together they made 4 times as much as I did.
Then along came MMM and I got my act together.  I paid off my mortgage and retired.  That couple is still working...

Just last week I snagged a Pampered Chef pizza stone off the Buy Nothing FB site and today I picked up a lovely new piece of furniture off kijiji.   It absolutely astounds (and pleases) me what people will give away.
806228541398102 is my referral code for Questrade and 48650126S1 for Tangerine.  Hey, why not?