Author Topic: Mustachian People Problems (just for fun)  (Read 2005581 times)

meerkat

• Magnum Stache
Re: Mustachian People Problems (just for fun)
« Reply #5900 on: January 14, 2019, 07:14:01 AM »
We'll see what the next few months bear out for them.

I see what you did there. :)

..... Yes. Yes that thing, which I totally did on purpose and not by some pre-coffee luck. lol

Dicey

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5901 on: January 14, 2019, 07:37:02 AM »
On the subject of blisters... Moleskin would definitely be best if you already have a blister, but if you happen to notice a "hot spot," meaning a tender, possibly red area that's not a blister yet but feels like it will become one, leukotape works wonders. It's very adherent, very flexible tape that you put right over the area. Leukotape is hard to remove, so make sure you put it where you want it and don't need to remove it for at least several days! I've worn it for a week-long backpacking trip followed by several showers before it finally started peeling off. But it kept me from getting blisters, and I didn't have to waste time every day tending to my feet. It's also good for days when you know you'll be doing a lot of walking in questionable shoes. And once you know where you tend to get blisters, you can put it on before heading out on a hike or a long day of walking.

Regarding infections... I've never had an infected blister. I can see that potentially being an issue for a diabetic, though.

https://www.amazon.com/BSN-Medical-BEI076168-Leukotape-Sports/dp/B000E59HXC/ref=sr_1_2_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1547160346&sr=1-2&keywords=leukotape
Totally trying this, thank you @GreenSheep!

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5902 on: January 14, 2019, 07:46:59 AM »
On the subject of blisters... Moleskin would definitely be best if you already have a blister, but if you happen to notice a "hot spot," meaning a tender, possibly red area that's not a blister yet but feels like it will become one, leukotape works wonders. It's very adherent, very flexible tape that you put right over the area. Leukotape is hard to remove, so make sure you put it where you want it and don't need to remove it for at least several days! I've worn it for a week-long backpacking trip followed by several showers before it finally started peeling off. But it kept me from getting blisters, and I didn't have to waste time every day tending to my feet. It's also good for days when you know you'll be doing a lot of walking in questionable shoes. And once you know where you tend to get blisters, you can put it on before heading out on a hike or a long day of walking.

Regarding infections... I've never had an infected blister. I can see that potentially being an issue for a diabetic, though.

https://www.amazon.com/BSN-Medical-BEI076168-Leukotape-Sports/dp/B000E59HXC/ref=sr_1_2_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1547160346&sr=1-2&keywords=leukotape

Dicey, if you're prone to allergic reactions to adhesive, just proceed with caution- try a small test patch first, where it's easier to soak and remove if needed. I've seen KT and the like to some alarming things to human skin =\ I'd say 1 of 4 patients I've had react to kinesio and other PT style tapes. (Although I work with peds, who generally are more sensitive to stuff, so YMMV on adult rates, lol).

Dicey

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5903 on: January 14, 2019, 07:56:11 AM »

Dicey, if you're prone to allergic reactions to adhesive, just proceed with caution- try a small test patch first, where it's easier to soak and remove if needed. I've seen KT and the like to some alarming things to human skin =\ I'd say 1 of 4 patients I've had react to kinesio and other PT style tapes. (Although I work with peds, who generally are more sensitive to stuff, so YMMV on adult rates, lol).
Thanks, @Bracken_Joy. I noticed that in the reviews. I'm thinking of using it only on my feet, where the skin is thicker. Funny, my first thought was to check on Next Door to see if I can get a small test strip to try before I order it.  Then I realized I'm picking up my new orthotics today. I'll see if they have any samples.

rantk81

• Bristles
« Reply #5904 on: January 14, 2019, 08:16:21 AM »
Chase just sent me a mail advertisement for a $225 bonus if I open a Chase Savings account, deposit $15K and leave it there for 90 days.
Check out the bank bonus thread if you havent yet.  https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/share-your-badassity/bank-account-churning-how-to-make-$1600-in-a-year-by-being-organized/

Thanks! I just checked the doctorofcredit page, and I saw a juicy CapitalOne promo giving $200 for 90 days of having $10K on deposit.  I have a new MPP though: I don't know if I'm eligible for that CapOne promo because I am still listed as a "signer" on a CapitalOne business account (for my condo association reserves). I have been trying to get me removed as a signer on that account for quite a while now, since I haven't been on the condo board for about 2 years.  I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try anyway, since CapOne pays about the same interest as Ally anyway...

SwordGuy

• Magnum Stache
    • Flipping Fayetteville
« Reply #5905 on: January 14, 2019, 09:55:16 AM »
My MPP is the emotional roller coaster of this recent conversation with a relative:

They are moving away from their "wealth management" group which has a $$$ fee (yay!) and moving their money to Vanguard (yay!) with the intent to .... day trade (noooooo!) But it's okay! They have A Plan! (cringe)

They are going to day trade when the market volatility is so erratic that no one knows what it will do?  Literally no one?

Wow.   That's some chutzpah.

CptCool

• Stubble
« Reply #5906 on: January 14, 2019, 11:53:05 AM »
My MPP is the emotional roller coaster of this recent conversation with a relative:

They are moving away from their "wealth management" group which has a $$$ fee (yay!) and moving their money to Vanguard (yay!) with the intent to .... day trade (noooooo!) But it's okay! They have A Plan! (cringe)

They are going to day trade when the market volatility is so erratic that no one knows what it will do?  Literally no one?

Wow.   That's some chutzpah.

I mean, isn't that true of the market at all times? Why is right now any different then tomorrow or yesterday, or 1 year ago, or 1 year from now? It's always erratic and literally no one knows what it will do

rantk81

• Bristles
« Reply #5907 on: January 14, 2019, 04:24:49 PM »
Chase just sent me a mail advertisement for a $225 bonus if I open a Chase Savings account, deposit $15K and leave it there for 90 days.
Well, they are chipping away at my "effective" yield (by wasting my time.)  Apparently the transaction got flagged in their fraud department, and I wasted more than a half hour on the phone with a three-way-call between Chase and Ally so that Chase could be confident that it was "legitimate" that I was xferring $15K into my newly opened account.  What a bunch of assclowns.

And now I'm going to feel a twinge of anger for the next 3 months, as I see that savings account on my screen whenever I log-in to see my Chase checking account.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 04:26:45 PM by rantk81 »

Fomerly known as something

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5908 on: January 14, 2019, 05:31:45 PM »
Since the Federal Employee's shutdown stories (and it should have) got nuked I'll mentioned this here as a MPP.  My MPP having to keep my mouth shut when my co-workers are complaining about their hardships.  We are all working so it is a big topic at the "water cooler."  Most comment 1 missed check is ok but now they are getting concerned.   Me:  It'll be months before I'd have to consider pulling money out of my taxable account let alone worry about missing a bill.

When I mentioned I made sure to send a "paycheck" from my emergency fund to my checking account on Friday I got the can you send me some money.

Linea_Norway

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5909 on: January 15, 2019, 01:00:17 AM »
Since the Federal Employee's shutdown stories (and it should have) got nuked I'll mentioned this here as a MPP.  My MPP having to keep my mouth shut when my co-workers are complaining about their hardships.  We are all working so it is a big topic at the "water cooler."  Most comment 1 missed check is ok but now they are getting concerned.   Me:  It'll be months before I'd have to consider pulling money out of my taxable account let alone worry about missing a bill.

When I mentioned I made sure to send a "paycheck" from my emergency fund to my checking account on Friday I got the can you send me some money.

I can imagine that even Mustachian people in the earlier stages of their accumulation phase, would have trouble not getting paid. Especially if they still have a mortgage and kindergarten to pay for. And the unfortunates who work there both.

But I do understand your point, as DH and I have always been so Mustachian that we could probably have lived of one income at almost any time of our lives, but it would have been a bit hard in the beginning.

This government shutdown is threatening to last for a year or so. If I were a FED employee in financial trouble, I would consider a job change if something decent comes along...

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5910 on: January 15, 2019, 04:33:17 AM »
Linda, unfortunately for my co-workers all but one have 15+ years in our career.  The one who is newer is also the person who is complaining the least about making ends meet.

letsdoit

• Bristles
« Reply #5911 on: January 15, 2019, 11:00:29 AM »

Thanks, @Bracken_Joy. I noticed that in the reviews. I'm thinking of using it only on my feet, where the skin is thicker. Funny, my first thought was to check on Next Door to see if I can get a small test strip to try before I order it.  Then I realized I'm picking up my new orthotics today. I'll see if they have any samples.

knowing how to find and treat a hotspot before it ruins a whole trip is a very smart thing.  small invest , big protection from trip ruining blisters

LennStar

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5912 on: January 15, 2019, 11:32:41 AM »

There is one thing especially I am confused about:
IT IS NOT THE FIRST SHUTDOWN
and with someone like Trump it was a winner's bet (like the one about him lying) that there would be a shutdown. They had the whole year to prepare. (Not to mention the years before when the GOP said openly they would block everything Obama does.)

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5913 on: January 15, 2019, 11:40:08 AM »

There is one thing especially I am confused about:
IT IS NOT THE FIRST SHUTDOWN
and with someone like Trump it was a winner's bet (like the one about him lying) that there would be a shutdown. They had the whole year to prepare. (Not to mention the years before when the GOP said openly they would block everything Obama does.)

Yes but most shut downs are short, the earlier Trump shut downs lasted less than 48 working hours.  So them may have canceled training or a meeting but when this shut down is significantly different.  It actually caused me to miss an entire paycheck.  In my 18 years working for the Federal government this is the first complete paycheck I have "missed."  The 2013 Obama shutdown caused me to to received a partial paycheck (I was paid for 48 of 80 hours) and it was "fixed" in time for the next paycheck to come out.  An extended shutdown that leads to a $0 paycheck is rare.  And it has only ever been 1 paycheck as far as I know.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #5914 on: January 15, 2019, 03:42:10 PM »
ADP sent me a W2 from my former employer.  Did they not get the memo?  What am I supposed to do with this, enter it into TurboTax as $0?

Rural

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5915 on: January 15, 2019, 04:47:07 PM »
I just realized I've been around this place so long that my screen name jumps out at me in scanning text the same way my actual name does.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #5916 on: January 15, 2019, 04:55:52 PM »
I just realized I've been around this place so long that my screen name jumps out at me in scanning text the same way my actual name does.

Yeah, whenever I see a dragoncar in real life I definitely think of this forum

letsdoit

• Bristles
« Reply #5917 on: January 16, 2019, 10:03:32 AM »
when i see a rural juror in real life

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #5918 on: January 16, 2019, 10:10:36 AM »
Man, now I really want people to start associating Zikoris with Spongebob Squarepants.

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5919 on: January 16, 2019, 03:30:31 PM »
I thought I was the only one.

zolotiyeruki

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5920 on: January 16, 2019, 03:44:11 PM »
I thought I was the only one.
Heh, I don't think I'll ever be that lucky :)

Linea_Norway

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5921 on: January 17, 2019, 07:36:00 AM »
Man, now I really want people to start associating Zikoris with Spongebob Squarepants.

You have reminded me of that for a long time. ;-)

Paul der Krake

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5922 on: January 17, 2019, 08:07:01 AM »
Met a Paul the other day, almost said me too. My name is not Paul.

merula

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5923 on: January 17, 2019, 08:48:58 AM »
Met a Paul the other day, almost said me too. My name is not Paul.

You mean you STOLE your handle wholesale from an honest, hardworking soccer-loving German octopus? For shame. :)

highplainsdrifter

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5924 on: January 19, 2019, 07:06:40 PM »
I'm looking at my closet today and I think, I remember buying those pants when I graduated college 8 years ago. I have no plans on replacing them either. I then proceed to secure the 8 year old pants with a belt that my mother bought me as a freshman in high school 16 years ago. I have no plans on replacing the belt either.

Trifele

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5925 on: January 20, 2019, 01:46:31 AM »
I'm looking at my closet today and I think, I remember buying those pants when I graduated college 8 years ago. I have no plans on replacing them either. I then proceed to secure the 8 year old pants with a belt that my mother bought me as a freshman in high school 16 years ago. I have no plans on replacing the belt either.

Awesome.  My DH is still using the wallet his parents gave him for his 16th birthday.  He's 52. 

Philosophical question -- is this really an MPP?  Because it seems 100% good.  If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one to hear it . . . ?  :)

Korrywow

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • World of Wonders, Words of Wisdom
« Reply #5926 on: January 20, 2019, 02:19:24 AM »
I still use a leather toiletry(sp?) travel bag that my mother gave me approx 35 years ago. The zipper is broken so l put it into another durable bag that l close with a twist tie.

Both friends and customs officials have been impressed.

Also, have some friends who refuse to visit my place due to empty rooms, empty closets, and the half empty fridge really makes them nervous...

Miss Piggy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5927 on: January 20, 2019, 08:12:53 AM »
@Korrywow - you could probably take that leather toiletry bag to a shoe repair shop and have a new zipper put on. I have no idea what that might cost, but heck, it might give you another 35 years!

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5928 on: January 20, 2019, 08:52:00 AM »
MPP... our move gave us access to city compost and a recycling system that still accepts a lot of plastics. So now we have very little trash. This means, even with our relatively small can, our trash starts to stink long before it's full (dog poo....). I hate wasting the bags by throwing them away partially filled, but I can't handle the smell!

(For the "solvers", no, my city doesn't do plastic shopping bags, and I use my own bags anyway, so I can't just use those. We don't eat cereal or bread, so can't use those bags either. Current plan is for the time being to use the plastic produce bags as a bag within a bag for the dog poo bags, but even those will be gone soon when we get our reusable produce bags bought!)

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5929 on: January 20, 2019, 09:40:50 AM »
(For the "solvers",
Hot damn, I'm a stereotype.

For potentially stinky-becoming stuff that won't be thrown out for a while, sometimes I'll store it in a freezer if I have space.

Probably not the best option for dog poo, though.

Linea_Norway

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5930 on: January 20, 2019, 11:51:11 AM »
MPP... our move gave us access to city compost and a recycling system that still accepts a lot of plastics. So now we have very little trash. This means, even with our relatively small can, our trash starts to stink long before it's full (dog poo....). I hate wasting the bags by throwing them away partially filled, but I can't handle the smell!

(For the "solvers", no, my city doesn't do plastic shopping bags, and I use my own bags anyway, so I can't just use those. We don't eat cereal or bread, so can't use those bags either. Current plan is for the time being to use the plastic produce bags as a bag within a bag for the dog poo bags, but even those will be gone soon when we get our reusable produce bags bought!)

Could you get a different type of indoor bin, like the ones they used to use for women's sanitary towels. There you don't need to open the whole lid to throw something away.

At our house, if we have a smelly bag, we hang it outside on a spike, until it can be put in the bigger bin. Whenever we eat shrimp(s), the shells really smell very soon. I put those in 2 bags and hang the bag outside in the spike until garbage is collected. I have learned not to put these in the composting bin, as it will smell for 2 months.

Imma

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5931 on: January 20, 2019, 12:14:45 PM »
(For the "solvers",

For potentially stinky-becoming stuff that won't be thrown out for a while, sometimes I'll store it in a freezer if I have space.

Warning: people with a sensitive stomach probably should not read on.

I grew up on a hobby farm and we used to store dead small animals in the lowest drawer of the freezer (i.e. chickens and rabbits).

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5932 on: January 20, 2019, 01:55:57 PM »
(For the "solvers",

I grew up on a hobby farm and we used to store dead small animals in the lowest drawer of the freezer (i.e. chickens and rabbits).

*gives farmer high five* Been there.

(For the "solvers",

Yeah I'm definitely not throwing dog crap in my freezer, haha!

Could you get a different type of indoor bin, like the ones they used to use for women's sanitary towels. There you don't need to open the whole lid to throw something away.

At our house, if we have a smelly bag, we hang it outside on a spike, until it can be put in the bigger bin. Whenever we eat shrimp(s), the shells really smell very soon. I put those in 2 bags and hang the bag outside in the spike until garbage is collected. I have learned not to put these in the composting bin, as it will smell for 2 months.

I don't like the thought of it rotting in there, even if I can find a way to block the smell more. Doesn't seem sanitary. Plus, my husband is staunchly anti-lidded trash can because they get so gross. We have an open top bin under the sink, so there isn't plastic that can come in contact with stuff being thrown away.

highplainsdrifter

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5933 on: January 20, 2019, 04:30:52 PM »

Awesome.  My DH is still using the wallet his parents gave him for his 16th birthday.  He's 52. 

Philosophical question -- is this really an MPP?  Because it seems 100% good.  If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one to hear it . . . ?  :)

Good point. I guess I was thinking from the standpoint, old clothing would be a problem for a non-mustachian consumer.

Philosophical question -- do Mustachian's have problems or is their badassity so evolved that regular people problems are our entertainment?

JZinCO

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5934 on: January 20, 2019, 07:15:23 PM »

Local NPR ran a 'in their words' piece interviewing federal employees and contractors. My contractor friend gave a real sob story (I do feel very bad for them) about their student loans, mortgage, and 2 car notes. On top of that they had to use up all vacation time and won't get backpay.
The reason I reference that story here is because one of the interviewed fed employees certainly has MPP. They said "oh I've been doing alot of home improvement and volunteering. My biggest gripe is we will be behind on time sensitive work". The fact that this individual did not reference his personal finances and is spending time and money (productively) during furlough tells me they must be mustachian.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 07:18:56 PM by JZinCO »

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5935 on: January 20, 2019, 09:12:03 PM »
(For the "solvers",

That's nothing. Right now, as we speak, I have five pounds of dead cow in my my freezer. I ground it up and put it in five separate freezer bags. And you know what else...? I'm going to eat it!

laserlady

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5936 on: January 20, 2019, 09:42:54 PM »
(For the "solvers",

When I was in law school, I went to a fancy dinner at the university chancellor's house, and he told us all about how his wife's cat had recently died while she was on vacation.  He didn't know what she'd want him to do with the body, but "we've got lots of freezer space because of catering events like this," so he just stuffed it in the freezer of the catering fridge and left it there until she got back a few days before this dinner.

Trifele

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5937 on: January 21, 2019, 03:27:31 AM »

Good point. I guess I was thinking from the standpoint, old clothing would be a problem for a non-mustachian consumer.

Philosophical question -- do Mustachian's have problems or is their badassity so evolved that regular people problems are our entertainment?

LOL -- :)

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5938 on: January 22, 2019, 07:34:56 AM »
(For the "solvers",

That's nothing. Right now, as we speak, I have five pounds of dead cow in my my freezer. I ground it up and put it in five separate freezer bags. And you know what else...? I'm going to eat it!

I was going to say the main purpose of my freezer is storing dead animals.

Spruit

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5939 on: January 22, 2019, 08:54:10 AM »
(For the "solvers",

I was going to say the main purpose of my freezer is storing dead animals.

"Honey, would you please remember to take the dead woodpecker with you to work next time? I want it out of the freezer" is not an unfamiliar sentence in this household. #biologistlife...

Sugaree

• Bristles
« Reply #5940 on: January 22, 2019, 10:41:02 AM »

I'm not sure how mustachian of a solution this is, but there is a product out there called the diaper genie. I guess it somehow seals each individual diaper in its own plastic bag to cut down on the smell (I used cloth, so I can't vouch for how well it works).  I think I've seen a version for the litterbox too.  The downside is that you do have to purchase refill bags for it.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5941 on: January 22, 2019, 11:12:09 AM »

I'm not sure how mustachian of a solution this is, but there is a product out there called the diaper genie. I guess it somehow seals each individual diaper in its own plastic bag to cut down on the smell (I used cloth, so I can't vouch for how well it works).  I think I've seen a version for the litterbox too.  The downside is that you do have to purchase refill bags for it.

The additional plastic waste of that more than undoes any Im avoiding by taking my bags out less often.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #5942 on: January 22, 2019, 04:45:46 PM »

The additional plastic waste of that more than undoes any Im avoiding by taking my bags out less often.

You could use the fundamental principle - the diaper genie just twists the bag to lock in smells.  What you could do is fill your bag 1/10 of the way and then after a week, tie off at the bottom.  you'll still have perhaps 8/10 of the bag left and the smell will be reduced (not eliminated)

Rural

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5943 on: January 22, 2019, 05:33:51 PM »

Flush the dog poop?

La Bibliotecaria Feroz

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5944 on: January 22, 2019, 05:46:13 PM »

Flush the dog poop?

I was going to say noooo, you can't do that because it carries disease, but apparently that restriction only applies to cat poop. Interesting. Flushing dog poop is acceptable, but it seems like you would still need a bag to pick it up with.

I actually DO flush cat poop because my cat is and has always been 100% indoors and no one's idea of a mouser, so that the chances that she could have toxo are really, really low.

BTDretire

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5945 on: January 22, 2019, 06:37:25 PM »
I just spent $99 to purchase two tickets to watch a talk in an auditorium.
 My MPP, they charge an additional $22 in fees for the two tickets.
If the tickets are $60.50 instead of $49.50, why don't they just say so.
 Grrr!

Izybat

• Stubble
« Reply #5946 on: January 22, 2019, 06:39:38 PM »
Last year we moved across the country. We knew we were going to do it, so we stockpiled money like crazy to cover the moving expenses (what wasn't covered by my company). We closed on a new house in early June 2018, and put our old house on the market in late June 2018.

Here we are seven months later, and the first house hasn't sold yet, however, we can currently pay both mortgages with no problem (well, we can't contribute as much as I would like to our retirements, but still, we can cover both). I was complaining at work the other day, mostly just annoyed that our house hasn't sold in 7 months (winter in upstate NY), and made the mistake of saying "I can't believe I still own two houses". My coworker just looked at me like I was crazy.

Linea_Norway

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5947 on: January 22, 2019, 11:58:24 PM »
Last year we moved across the country. We knew we were going to do it, so we stockpiled money like crazy to cover the moving expenses (what wasn't covered by my company). We closed on a new house in early June 2018, and put our old house on the market in late June 2018.

Here we are seven months later, and the first house hasn't sold yet, however, we can currently pay both mortgages with no problem (well, we can't contribute as much as I would like to our retirements, but still, we can cover both). I was complaining at work the other day, mostly just annoyed that our house hasn't sold in 7 months (winter in upstate NY), and made the mistake of saying "I can't believe I still own two houses". My coworker just looked at me like I was crazy.

You should rent out the house you are not currently living in.

LennStar

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5948 on: January 23, 2019, 06:23:14 AM »

Izybat's complete post was that she tries to sell her house for months.
Having someone living in there does not make that easier and very likely lowers the price even if you can sell.
Also how would the renters feel if after 2 month they get the message to get out again because the house sold?

Linea_Norway

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5949 on: January 23, 2019, 07:42:48 AM »

Izybat's complete post was that she tries to sell her house for months.
Having someone living in there does not make that easier and very likely lowers the price even if you can sell.
Also how would the renters feel if after 2 month they get the message to get out again because the house sold?

I am thinking of short-term rental, with the renters informed with the fact that they might have to move out soon. Sometimes companies want to do this for their employees.

Maybe the house could also be pulled out of the housing market for some time to try again later. It is often not a good sign for a house to be on the market for so long.