Author Topic: Mustachian People Problems (just for fun)  (Read 5086776 times)

Mr Griz

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Mustachian People Problems (just for fun)
« Reply #4300 on: October 28, 2017, 11:51:43 AM »
I haven’t tried toothpaste but I do refill my travel-sized mouthwash bottle.

EngineeringFI

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4301 on: October 28, 2017, 12:54:10 PM »
I'm amazed that you could refill a toothpaste tube, especially a little travel-sized one. How on earth do you get toothpaste back into the tube?

Never done it myself, but I would guess you just take the caps off two toothpaste tubes, one full, one empty that you want full.  Put the two tips together and squeeze the full tube.  Toothpaste should transfer and fill the empty one.  If they stay aligned there is probably not much mess.

Yep, that's how I do it. Learned it years ago in my pre-Mustachian days from a boyfriend I thought was insane at the time... and now I do it all the time. The idea of having a reusable case is a good one, though. I'd do that if I didn't get freebies of the travel size from my dentist.

Exactly, it's a skill that I've built over years of practice! Hair gel is easier than toothpaste because the little plastic tubes for hairgel have enough "spring" to them that if you squeeze them down flat they'll suck in the gel from the other tube. I like the idea of a stainless steel container, will see if I can find an empty one somewhere!

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #4302 on: October 28, 2017, 06:09:19 PM »
My MPP today: attended a baby shower (not high on my list of fun, but whatever, it’s not about me and I’m a good sport) and won a prize. Now I have One More Thing to deal with. It’s actually quite a cute Le Creuset stovetop kettle, but it’s not needed. Oh well, I can sell it on kijiji and offset some of cost of the gift card I gave. Maybe this should be on the “what small thing did you do today to save money?” thread instead...

Holy moly, baby showers give me anxiety. SO MUCH STUFF! I feel physically uncomfortable looking at the piles and piles of Baby Things. This is why I give gift cards. I can’t make myself buy something just for the sake of the recipient opening up one more cute thing. At least this way it can go towards a larger, necessary item like a car seat or something.

(No, I don’t have kids:)

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4303 on: October 28, 2017, 06:15:31 PM »
Holy moly, baby showers give me anxiety. SO MUCH STUFF! I feel physically uncomfortable looking at the piles and piles of Baby Things.

I had one yesterday too and in addition to the Stuff, I came home feeling deeply adequate because everything there was absolutely perfect, styled within an inch of its life and looked like something out of a magazine.

It just felt so inauthentic.

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #4304 on: October 28, 2017, 06:29:59 PM »
Holy moly, baby showers give me anxiety. SO MUCH STUFF! I feel physically uncomfortable looking at the piles and piles of Baby Things.

I had one yesterday too and in addition to the Stuff, I came home feeling deeply adequate because everything there was absolutely perfect, styled within an inch of its life and looked like something out of a magazine.

This one didn’t give me that feeling, but I hear where you’re coming from.

I just looked up this kettle and it retails for $160! Reduced to $108 at the moment, but still... I feel a bit guilty coming out ahead on this (gave a $50 gift card). Although, if I think of all the baby shower gifts I DIDN’T get, maybe I shouldn’t feel too bad. Also, I am pretty sure this was a regift of sorts (duplicate or unwanted from a recent wedding), so the hostess didn’t necessarily shell out cash for it. I think I can live with myself;)

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4305 on: October 28, 2017, 07:03:32 PM »
I'm amazed that you could refill a toothpaste tube, especially a little travel-sized one. How on earth do you get toothpaste back into the tube?

I guess I am on the right forum.... I have done this enough, too, that I sympathize with the MPP of paying $1 just for a new mini tube.

In a pinch, toothpaste in a twist of cling wrap will work for a day, but multi day trips are guaranteed to fail in a problematic way.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4306 on: October 28, 2017, 07:09:49 PM »
My MPP today: attended a baby shower (not high on my list of fun, but whatever, it’s not about me and I’m a good sport) and won a prize. Now I have One More Thing to deal with. It’s actually quite a cute Le Creuset stovetop kettle, but it’s not needed. Oh well, I can sell it on kijiji and offset some of cost of the gift card I gave. Maybe this should be on the “what small thing did you do today to save money?” thread instead...

Holy moly, baby showers give me anxiety. SO MUCH STUFF! I feel physically uncomfortable looking at the piles and piles of Baby Things. This is why I give gift cards. I can’t make myself buy something just for the sake of the recipient opening up one more cute thing. At least this way it can go towards a larger, necessary item like a car seat or something.

psst.. after my first kid, I realized that the best possible baby shower gift is a starbucks/coffee gift card -- gets mom out of the house, good for long walks with stroller, other people to see at the location, free / gift coffee, and place to warm up after a cold walk / rainy walk.    And no stuff in the house, while acknowledging mom's hard role directly.

EngineeringFI

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4307 on: October 28, 2017, 07:25:59 PM »

psst.. after my first kid, I realized that the best possible baby shower gift is a starbucks/coffee gift card -- gets mom out of the house, good for long walks with stroller, other people to see at the location, free / gift coffee, and place to warm up after a cold walk / rainy walk.    And no stuff in the house, while acknowledging mom's hard role directly.

This is my go-to gift for most occasions now since I don't remember what non-mustachian people want as gifts...

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #4308 on: October 28, 2017, 07:30:09 PM »

Noted! Another thing would be to give a certificate to cook a couple of freezable recipes of mom’s choosing for when the baby comes. Maybe for a closer relative/friend. But I’m 100% behind not giving random stuff.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4309 on: October 28, 2017, 08:41:31 PM »

This is how I feel with all festivals of consumerism. Christmas gives me a headache (repeated attempts to minimise gift giving in my family have only got us so far and no further).

We acquired the vast majority of our baby stuff free through Buy Nothing and hand-me-downs, so I had a "not a real baby shower" baby shower where my sister made it clear when inviting people that I did not need, want or expect gifts. It was really nice to just hang out, eat good food and talk about the baby instead of participating in a 'stuff' orgy.

Alfred J Quack

• Bristles
« Reply #4310 on: October 29, 2017, 01:13:53 AM »

This is how I feel with all festivals of consumerism. Christmas gives me a headache (repeated attempts to minimise gift giving in my family have only got us so far and no further).

We acquired the vast majority of our baby stuff free through Buy Nothing and hand-me-downs, so I had a "not a real baby shower" baby shower where my sister made it clear when inviting people that I did not need, want or expect gifts. It was really nice to just hang out, eat good food and talk about the baby instead of participating in a 'stuff' orgy.

My wife simply didn't want all the attention which comes with any form of baby shower so she basically declined and left my sister flabbergasted. She also didn't want the gifts but that was beside the point right then.
With the second pregnancy we even told our friends we have everything we need and want so gifts (especially "useful" ones) were a big no-no.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4311 on: October 29, 2017, 04:59:04 AM »

This one didn’t give me that feeling, but I hear where you’re coming from.

I just looked up this kettle and it retails for $160! Reduced to $108 at the moment, but still... I feel a bit guilty coming out ahead on this (gave a $50 gift card). Although, if I think of all the baby shower gifts I DIDN’T get, maybe I shouldn’t feel too bad. Also, I am pretty sure this was a regift of sorts (duplicate or unwanted from a recent wedding), so the hostess didn’t necessarily shell out cash for it. I think I can live with myself;)

I have that kettle (although the large size) and it's one of the very few things in my kitchen I've purchased brand new and it's definitely worth its money. It was a lot cheaper though, about €65 for the large size. It's an extremely durable brand and very easy to clean. I have some Creuset stuff that's decades old, I inherited it from my great aunt. It's so durable it still looks almost new.

But of course, if you don't need it, then you don't. I'm sure you'll be able to get a good price for it. It might be a bit weird to come out ahead but hey, you didn't take the kettle out of her cupboard or anything. She wanted to get rid of it so you actually did her a favour.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4312 on: October 29, 2017, 08:47:17 AM »

My wife simply didn't want all the attention which comes with any form of baby shower so she basically declined and left my sister flabbergasted. She also didn't want the gifts but that was beside the point right then.
With the second pregnancy we even told our friends we have everything we need and want so gifts (especially "useful" ones) were a big no-no.

I have a standard baby gift. Package of white onesies, not the small size. And if I like you (as opposed to socially expected), a box of Huggies size 2. Everyone can use onesies, white is versatile, and what if you have a 10 pound baby? They'll grow into the 6-9 month size. Huggies are generally accepted, and same issues with the size. Simple, useful, meets social expectations, and pretty cheap.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4313 on: October 29, 2017, 09:46:28 AM »
I'm so glad baby showers aren't a tradition in here. I have a small stash of simple crocheted baby blankets for babies that are born in our social circle. It only takes me two or three nights to finish one. For people I really like and know will appreciate it, I will quilt something special. On top of that I normally choose a gift card and/or a book. New parents will get a million soft toys and so many clothes the babies will often only wear stuff once or twice before they've grown out of it. With a gift card they can buy what they actually need (or regift, for all I care).

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4314 on: October 29, 2017, 10:21:18 AM »
So I've truly never understood... why not just turn a robe around? Then tada, you have a blanket with sleeves. Am I missing something? I've had friends with snuggies (and they both also owned fluffy robes). I just don't get it.
Lol, I do this in winter all the time. It would never even occur to me to want a snuggie. Where would I store it the rest of the year? Of course, I live in CA, so there's a lot less winter than some folks experience. Another advantage of not watching TV is I hardly know what one is.

fuzzy math

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4315 on: October 29, 2017, 11:12:35 AM »
Don't you people get free travel toothpaste from your dentist? There should be a new tiny tube coming your way every ~6 months!

EngineeringFI

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4316 on: October 29, 2017, 12:01:10 PM »
Don't you people get free travel toothpaste from your dentist? There should be a new tiny tube coming your way every ~6 months!

I travel ~1-2 full weeks a month for my job so that 1 freebie every 6 months isn't going to cut it.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4317 on: October 29, 2017, 04:50:16 PM »

I travel ~1-2 full weeks a month for my job so that 1 freebie every 6 months isn't going to cut it.

Husband travels for work. He goes through the supply from our dentist pretty quickly, but we stockpile the tubes from airline toiletry bags. E.g. flying to the US and back means four business/first class toiletry kits. And he stays in places with very well stocked rooms (new lingerie and sex toys on the mini bar price list), so if there's free toothpaste he will pocket that too.

LeRainDrop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4318 on: October 29, 2017, 09:54:51 PM »

Yes! I actually love my dental hygienist. She always gives me tons of the travel-sized toothpastes at my appointments (and two toothbrushes, two floss boxes, and a couple travel-sized ACTs) because she knows I appreciate it and will use them. For awhile, they were even getting full-size tubes of my favorite paste, and she would set aside a box or two for me each visit. It can really pay off to be very friendly and thankful to a great hygienist! :-)

EngineeringFI

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4319 on: October 29, 2017, 10:48:49 PM »

Husband travels for work. He goes through the supply from our dentist pretty quickly, but we stockpile the tubes from airline toiletry bags. E.g. flying to the US and back means four business/first class toiletry kits. And he stays in places with very well stocked rooms (new lingerie and sex toys on the mini bar price list), so if there's free toothpaste he will pocket that too.

New MPP: I've never, in all of my work travels in, stayed in a hotel with lingerie and sex toys on the mini bar menu...I don't know if that means the places I stay are not nice enough, or are too nice...

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4320 on: October 29, 2017, 11:03:14 PM »
New MPP: I've never, in all of my work travels in, stayed in a hotel with lingerie and sex toys on the mini bar menu...I don't know if that means the places I stay are not nice enough, or are too nice...

You're probably in the sweet spot in between "too nice" (rich people's affairs and $1000/night escorts) and "not nice enough" (rents by the hour).

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4321 on: October 30, 2017, 05:40:07 PM »

You're probably in the sweet spot in between "too nice" (rich people's affairs and $1000/night escorts) and "not nice enough" (rents by the hour).

Husband regularly stays in places that are $3000-$5000 a night. He can get absolutely anything he wants with one phone call.

Unfortunately (fortunately?) he spends absolutely every second working, so usually has no time for fun.

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4322 on: October 30, 2017, 05:57:26 PM »

Husband regularly stays in places that are $3000-$5000 a night. He can get absolutely anything he wants with one phone call.

Unfortunately (fortunately?) he spends absolutely every second working, so usually has no time for fun.
I guess I'm just naive, but holy shit.  Holy shit.  I always thought the $400/night hotels were the expensive ones.

EngineeringFI

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4323 on: October 30, 2017, 06:45:09 PM »

This. I've been staying in 5 star hotels in China for years thinking they were ridiculously nice, but I guess there is a whole 'nother level!

I guess I'm just naive, but holy shit.  Holy shit.  I always thought the $400/night hotels were the expensive ones.

Hadilly

• Bristles
« Reply #4324 on: October 30, 2017, 06:46:42 PM »
My MPPs: my milk bottles get dirty on the way home from TJ in my bike baskets. Have to wipe them off or they get the fridge dirty.

Our commitment to non-extravagance in running into my MIL's desire to go to the Ritz for Christmas Day brunch. Which would cost us a stomach-turning five hundred dollars.  I am going to leave that emotionally challenging conversation to my husband.

I chose a cheap candy at Costco that trick or treaters love and I dislike, saving money and calori consumption. Hi-chews for the win!

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4325 on: October 30, 2017, 06:53:34 PM »
I chose a cheap candy at Costco that trick or treaters love and I dislike, saving money and calori consumption. Hi-chews for the win!

You dislike Hi-Chew?!

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4326 on: October 30, 2017, 07:02:49 PM »

It's not as glamorous as it sounds. He once booked into a $3500/night room at 1am and had to be out again at 5am. He didn't even sleep, figured it would make him more tired, so he sat in the plunge pool with a beer, went for a walk on the beach, had a shower, packed and left for the airport.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4327 on: October 30, 2017, 09:26:24 PM »
My MPPs: my milk bottles get dirty on the way home from TJ in my bike baskets. Have to wipe them off or they get the fridge dirty.

Our commitment to non-extravagance in running into my MIL's desire to go to the Ritz for Christmas Day brunch. Which would cost us a stomach-turning five hundred dollars.  I am going to leave that emotionally challenging conversation to my husband.

I ran into trouble one year when I refused to have my family participate in my mother's  Mother's day brunch...   It was running up to $250 by the time I covered my family and part of her lunch, and a gift, too.  Dad did not understand, got a bit upset, but the cost surprised us the prior year, so I had to decline.    He came around after a couple of months, so all is good now, and they do a Mother's day lunch with my sister's family only now, which is a lot easier and cheaper for us, and I just buy her a nice potted plant.

Anyway, good luck.

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4328 on: October 30, 2017, 09:31:01 PM »

It's not as glamorous as it sounds. He once booked into a $3500/night room at 1am and had to be out again at 5am. He didn't even sleep, figured it would make him more tired, so he sat in the plunge pool with a beer, went for a walk on the beach, had a shower, packed and left for the airport.
I ... just this weekend did almost exactly the same thing (1:30am to 5:45am... my cousin's wedding went a bit later than expected) with what I considered a near-luxury hotel (Fairfield Inn, something like $130/night), paid for with Marriott points.  Except I did choose to get the ~4hrs of sleep.  It felt like a waste of a "nice" hotel.

It's all relative.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4329 on: October 31, 2017, 01:33:33 AM »

A simple solution for this problem would be if MIL  would pay for your family. It is not unreasonable for parent with good means to buy their children a nice dinner or brunch. To force you to pay for yourself is not a nice gesture. In that case you'd better serve a nice brunch at home. If she finds that paying for you would be too pricy for her, than she might understand that it is also too pricy for you to pay for your family.

Kitsunegari

• Bristles
  • Penny wise, pound foolish
« Reply #4330 on: October 31, 2017, 10:52:40 AM »
When you already lead a very spartan lifestyle, and something happens and you lose your income, you don't have fat to trim when it comes to cutting expenses...

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4331 on: October 31, 2017, 01:49:07 PM »
At least you're having this discussion ahead of time. Last Mother's Day, my mom turned down my invitation to brunch at my house in favour of inviting me out to brunch with her, her husband and my grandmother. They surprised me by telling the waiter that I'd pay. I did, but since I had only expected to pay for myself and her, I was annoyed. I didn't say anything until the week later when I turned down a similar invitation.

That's close to how it went for us the first year...   They chose the place, didn't tell me the price $30 per person plus tax and tip, then looked at my sister and I to pay the bill.  At least Sis split it with me, and we had the same number of people in our families, so it was fair.  (and 11 people!)

It was so hard to just flat out say no the next year.  Lots of looks from Dad about why we couldn't do this one nice thing for mom, it's mother's day, etc.   Now it is easier to flat out say no, or to ask the cost upfront.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4332 on: October 31, 2017, 03:30:39 PM »
At least you're having this discussion ahead of time. Last Mother's Day, my mom turned down my invitation to brunch at my house in favour of inviting me out to brunch with her, her husband and my grandmother. They surprised me by telling the waiter that I'd pay. I did, but since I had only expected to pay for myself and her, I was annoyed. I didn't say anything until the week later when I turned down a similar invitation.

That's my un-fun MPP. My family knows that my finances are comfortable, but don't appreciate that I would rather not blow $500 on a poor quality meal at a fancy place. I get a lot of snide comments about being a miser when I won't foot lavish bills for them. They would seem to prefer that I blow my 'stache and live on the brink like they do.

That is disgusting.

As I've said previously, I'm not willing to support people in a lifestyle more comfortable than my own.

For Father's Day this year my MiL texted us inviting us to lunch, saying she had picked a restaurant (90 mins from our place) and the set menu was $70 a head. It was clear that we were expected to attend but not clear if we were expected to pay. FiL ended up paying for everyone which was generous of him, but I know he would have preferred a BBQ at home.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4333 on: October 31, 2017, 05:01:37 PM »

That's close to how it went for us the first year...   They chose the place, didn't tell me the price $30 per person plus tax and tip, then looked at my sister and I to pay the bill.  At least Sis split it with me, and we had the same number of people in our families, so it was fair.  (and 11 people!)

One year my brother and I took my mom out for dinner for her birthday (my dad was out of town so it was just the three of us). My brother always complained that I never helped organize dinners and stuff - which was true, because he's a foodie snob and I never felt like I would do a good job. Anyway, I picked a place that was nice but not stuffy, has really good food but not outrageous, etc. He rejected it and told me to cancel the reservation and he made a new one somewhere else. Somewhere outrageously expensive. And he ordered a fancy bottle of wine (which I didn't drink). It ended up being over $600 for three people and yes, I was put on the spot to pay half. At the time I was earning about $60k a year in a HCOL, so didn't have tons of cash to throw around, and he knew it.

It is hard to believe some people will just casually throw hundreds of dollars worth of bills at you like that without even discussing it in advance, but they do :-/

rantk81

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4334 on: October 31, 2017, 06:41:46 PM »

That's my un-fun MPP. My family knows that my finances are comfortable, but don't appreciate that I would rather not blow $500 on a poor quality meal at a fancy place. I get a lot of snide comments about being a miser when I won't foot lavish bills for them. They would seem to prefer that I blow my 'stache and live on the brink like they do.

Holy shit... I guess I should consider myself fortunate that I don't have family members who treat me like that!

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4335 on: October 31, 2017, 06:58:57 PM »

One year my brother and I took my mom out for dinner for her birthday (my dad was out of town so it was just the three of us). My brother always complained that I never helped organize dinners and stuff - which was true, because he's a foodie snob and I never felt like I would do a good job. Anyway, I picked a place that was nice but not stuffy, has really good food but not outrageous, etc. He rejected it and told me to cancel the reservation and he made a new one somewhere else. Somewhere outrageously expensive. And he ordered a fancy bottle of wine (which I didn't drink). It ended up being over $600 for three people and yes, I was put on the spot to pay half. At the time I was earning about $60k a year in a HCOL, so didn't have tons of cash to throw around, and he knew it.

It is hard to believe some people will just casually throw hundreds of dollars worth of bills at you like that without even discussing it in advance, but they do :-/

That was beyond crappy of your brother. It's not how fancy something is, it's what's heartfelt. Clearly, your brother hadn't learned that lesson. Hopefully he has since.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4336 on: October 31, 2017, 07:10:21 PM »

That was beyond crappy of your brother. It's not how fancy something is, it's what's heartfelt. Clearly, your brother hadn't learned that lesson. Hopefully he has since.

Unfortunately not. That was about five years ago and we barely have a relationship any more after being quite close for many years. He has gotten to be very selfish with everyone but his wife and kid. They have two good incomes and two sets of multi-millionaire parents, and they have the only grandkid in the whole family, so they're terribly spoiled and would much rather throw money at something than actually take the time to care.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4337 on: November 01, 2017, 03:27:19 AM »

A friend of mine told me a similar story recently, being invited for a dinner out by his mum and grandma for his birthday and then expected to pay for all of them afterwards.... He said he seriously had considered paying only his own meal and leaving them there, but didn't want to embarrass them.

I'm so glad my family isn't like that. We got invited for a Christmas brunch by my mother and I don't even have to ask, I know she will pay. It's not actually extremely expensive (€35/head) but it's a lot of money for something not really special. The brunch starts off with a glass of champagne which neither my fiance or I drink, then soup, then a buffet with salads, fancy types of bread and pastry and a few warm meat dishes. The venue is kind of tacky too. I could prepare that for €5/head at home. When we go out to eat, we prefer to eat something special, something you can't easily make at home for a fraction of the price.

UKMustache

• Stubble
« Reply #4338 on: November 01, 2017, 05:02:14 AM »
I've been pulling my hair out for the last few days because we are set to completely blow our budget this month.
We have two modest incomes and a perfect storm of (mostly optional, but certainly preferred) expenses have arisen.

After endlessly pondering over the spreadsheet, I caught site of the cell with our savings rate percentage. 
We're still saving a third of our income.  I need to get a grip, this month is a one off and normal service will resume in December.

With This Herring

• Handlebar Stache
  • TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #4339 on: November 01, 2017, 09:22:53 AM »
My MPP is that my last-day-of-month dividends don't show up until first-day-of-new-month, so I can't check my allocations when I want.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4340 on: November 02, 2017, 03:44:39 AM »
So I've truly never understood... why not just turn a robe around? Then tada, you have a blanket with sleeves. Am I missing something? I've had friends with snuggies (and they both also owned fluffy robes). I just don't get it.
Lol, I do this in winter all the time. It would never even occur to me to want a snuggie. Where would I store it the rest of the year? Of course, I live in CA, so there's a lot less winter than some folks experience. Another advantage of not watching TV is I hardly know what one is.

I found one at a thrift store, and it's wonderful for sleeping. I tend to throw my arms up over my head in my sleep, and now they (and my hands: it's a big Snuggie) don't get cold when I do.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #4341 on: November 02, 2017, 04:14:48 AM »

Even in SF, $5k gets you a giant presidential suite. When I’m traveling For work, i ain’t got time for that, I just want to lay down and close my eyes don’t care if it’s a closet.  Is the point just to waste client/company money?  Surely there are more reasonable options available?

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4342 on: November 02, 2017, 05:26:37 AM »
Even in SF, $5k gets you a giant presidential suite. When I’m traveling For work, i ain’t got time for that, I just want to lay down and close my eyes don’t care if it’s a closet.  Is the point just to waste client/company money?  Surely there are more reasonable options available?

He doesn't choose the accommodation, just gets told where he's staying. The companies that host him and his colleagues tend to try to outdo each other.

The business/first class flights are for a pragmatic reason. The boys need to be able to fly LA or London or Oslo and get off the plane at the other end ready to work immediately. They have to be well rested or it becomes a liability problem.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #4343 on: November 02, 2017, 02:20:16 PM »
Omg he's James Bond, isn't he?

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #4344 on: November 02, 2017, 02:42:02 PM »

I bet when he arrives, they open the closet and it has a tuxedo in his exact size

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4345 on: November 02, 2017, 04:35:21 PM »

I bet when he arrives, they open the closet and it has a tuxedo in his exact size

This is hilarious.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #4346 on: November 03, 2017, 01:58:01 AM »

This is hilarious.

Note the complete lack of denial

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4347 on: November 03, 2017, 04:41:09 AM »

This is hilarious.

Note the complete lack of denial

He's never worn a tux, grumbles at having to wear a suit two or three times a year, and the only martinis he drinks are espresso martinis ... but he has driven Aston Martins.

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4348 on: November 03, 2017, 09:20:31 AM »
But were the espresso martinis shaken, not stirred?

I'm in the pretty sure he's 007 club.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4349 on: November 03, 2017, 09:24:24 AM »
If you had an Aston Martini, could you drink and drive?