Author Topic: Mustachian People Problems (just for fun)  (Read 5087080 times)

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
Re: Mustachian People Problems (just for fun)
« Reply #1350 on: June 10, 2015, 02:11:24 AM »
Coworker brought me a Starbucks gift card as a thanks for helping Her out. I didn't have the heart to tell her I haven't been in a Starbucks since 2012 and have no wish to drive 15 miles each way in the wrong direction to get to one and then buy nasty coffee. Guess I'll sell it.

Woah, snob alert!  You can PM me the code if you don't want it ;-P

I think you've mislabeled me. I can't stand Starbucks coffee, true, but I've recently switched coffee brands for my drip machine at home from the cheapest generic 34 oz can at Walmart to its equivalent store brand at Dollar General, so I don't think I'm a coffee snob. It's not me, it's them.

I just figure starbucks has enough options, anyone should be able to find something they like.  You don't have to get a frappamahoozit, they have three types of drip coffee in-store.  I think they have like 30+ blends if you want to brew at home.  You can get a smoothie or just a banana.

I'm not a cheerleader... I go to starbucks a few times a year (usually for the bathroom).  I just think you exaggerate a bit when you call it "nasty coffee"

Adventine

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1351 on: June 10, 2015, 04:33:59 AM »
Coworker brought me a Starbucks gift card as a thanks for helping Her out. I didn't have the heart to tell her I haven't been in a Starbucks since 2012 and have no wish to drive 15 miles each way in the wrong direction to get to one and then buy nasty coffee. Guess I'll sell it.

You could use it to buy one of their food items - granted, it's still overpriced, but you could get a serving of fresh fruit or veggie sticks for free.

Ah yes. Missed that part. Better to sell it then! Or regift it.
Not free since I have to drive an extra 30 miles, though. :-)

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1352 on: June 10, 2015, 04:35:21 AM »
Starbucks gift card never expire, so I keep them to use at the airport in case a flight is delayed or I get hungrier than planned for. There's one in every single airport and it's kind of nice knowing that I won't have to take a chance with a no-name airport vendor that would be just as overpriced.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1353 on: June 10, 2015, 04:49:05 AM »
Starbucks gift card never expire, so I keep them to use at the airport in case a flight is delayed or I get hungrier than planned for. There's one in every single airport and it's kind of nice knowing that I won't have to take a chance with a no-name airport vendor that would be just as overpriced.

That does make sense, but I always take food and an empty water bottle for the water fountains when I fly. I looked on the Starbucks website, and now I'm considering an overpriced French press for my office if I can't find a good one elsewhere for what I can sell the gift card for (plus the cost of fuel to get to a Starbucks or the cost of shipping), A large French press could supply my husband's coffee habit while still letting me use the percolator mostly for hot water for tea, and wouldn't take up as much real estate as a drip pot,

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1354 on: June 10, 2015, 08:37:06 AM »
I see French Presses in the thrift store all the time.  Check there first.

seanc0x0

• Bristles
« Reply #1355 on: June 10, 2015, 09:40:07 AM »
When the lunchtime conversation turns to expensive vacations, new SUVs, and credit card debt, I just sit there like a lump. :)

seriously really a issue for me at work. I explain FI then i get these looks. i hear after the fact that i am "full of myself" and "think i am better then everyone"

I love how it's ok to brag about spending money like a drunken sailor while trying to one-up each other on status symbols, but as soon as you hint in any way that you save money, the 'you think you're better than us' attitude comes out.

^This!!!  Exactly Sean, this is why I no longer discuss saving & investing a work. (Or around family for that matter.)

I'm lucky in that my family is pretty open about finances. For a long time I was the financial drunken sailor (can't believe I bought an RX-8 with only 1k down, for instance) and my mom pushed me to save. She's always been into personal finance and investing, so she's really happy I'm saving and we talk about it all the time now.  I also have a few good friends I can talk about it with.

Work, that's another story.  Won't talk about it at all, just do the smile, nod and understanding sounding grunt when people complain about money.

seanc0x0

• Bristles
« Reply #1356 on: June 10, 2015, 09:48:47 AM »

I'm rarely near a Starbucks, but I keep a few freebie gift cards I've gotten over the years for exactly this purpose. Came in real handy when my flight out of Denver got moved from 6:30am to 3:20pm a while back.

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1357 on: June 10, 2015, 10:18:49 AM »

I'm rarely near a Starbucks, but I keep a few freebie gift cards I've gotten over the years for exactly this purpose. Came in real handy when my flight out of Denver got moved from 6:30am to 3:20pm a while back.
The nice thing about Starbucks gift cards is that you can put them into the app and store them on your phone.  I received a few $10 gift cards last year, and I only recently spent them (hot tea at the airport). 

mozar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1358 on: June 10, 2015, 02:11:51 PM »
I'm not a coffee snob because I don't drink coffee. But I have read that starbucks burns their coffee on purpose (to make it hotter).

charis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1359 on: June 10, 2015, 02:23:54 PM »
I love getting gift cards that I won't use!  They are perfect for re-gifting.  There is no friend, mailman, maintenance worker, teacher, frazzled new parent, etc, in your life that would appreciate a starbucks card?

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1360 on: June 10, 2015, 05:21:34 PM »
I love getting gift cards that I won't use!  They are perfect for re-gifting.  There is no friend, mailman, maintenance worker, teacher, frazzled new parent, etc, in your life that would appreciate a starbucks card?

It could go in a Christmas pile, and may yet.

4alpacas: loading into the app for airport use would require paying for a smart phone.

Edited to fix attribution tag
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 05:36:10 PM by Rural »

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1361 on: June 10, 2015, 05:39:34 PM »

It could go in a Christmas pile, and may yet.

4alpacas: loading into the app for airport use would require paying for a smart phone.

Edited to fix attribution tag
Haha!  Yeah, not worth it!

justplucky

• Stubble
« Reply #1362 on: June 10, 2015, 05:51:41 PM »
It's difficult to not reveal we're paying cash for our house to people we don't want to share that with.

- "You should take this first-time home buyer's class - the city will give you an interest-free loan!"
- "Don't you hate having the bank scrutinize your bank account? I mean, it's so annoying to have to explain a random $480 deposit."

Usually I just try to empathize or thank the person for their advice, but blech, it feels awkward. My husband just tells everyone we're paying cash, much to my chagrin.

Boganvillia

• Stubble
« Reply #1363 on: June 11, 2015, 03:09:03 AM »
I make sure I am hungry when I go to the supermarket so that I buy enough food for the week.

sheepstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1364 on: June 11, 2015, 07:56:54 AM »
I did have an actual problem the other day so I'm not sure how much of it was a mustachian problem, but I had to send a certified check or money order for a large amount of cash and couldn't figure out how to access my gobs of moolah in short order. Since I don't usually get out lots of cash I didn't realize my main interest-bearing account where I hold cash had a $500 limit/day; there wasn't any money in my account in town because I always transfer out of it so quickly to investments and interest-bearing accounts; I have other interest-bearing accounts like Ally and ING but don't carry the cards with me nor do I have the PINs memorized.  So it was sort of a water water everywhere but not a drop to drink scenario.

I figured something out but for future reference, the post office will take debit cards to purchase money orders (and the daily limit doesn't apply to purchases, just cash).

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1365 on: June 11, 2015, 08:10:05 AM »
I make sure I am hungry when I go to the supermarket so that I buy enough food for the week.

Me too. I talk myself out of buying things on my list when I am not hungry.

Slam

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1366 on: June 11, 2015, 08:12:40 AM »
I'm not a coffee snob because I don't drink coffee. But I have read that starbucks burns their coffee on purpose (to make it hotter).

Not an expert, but I doubt this is true.  The very famous story about the lady that sued McDonald's because the coffee was hot...She actually sued because it was too hot.  Hotter than it needed to be.  The result of that lawsuit is that McDonald's now brews coffee 2 to 3 degrees cooler.  Also that lady got a bunch of money.

DeepEllumStache

• Magnum Stache
  • I came, I saw, I made it awkward
« Reply #1367 on: June 11, 2015, 08:57:44 AM »

Not an expert, but I doubt this is true.  The very famous story about the lady that sued McDonald's because the coffee was hot...She actually sued because it was too hot.  Hotter than it needed to be.  The result of that lawsuit is that McDonald's now brews coffee 2 to 3 degrees cooler.  Also that lady got a bunch of money.

In her defense, she was a 79 year old lady who was hospitalized for a week when she suffered third degree burns in her pelvic region. That's really hot coffee.

McDonald's apparently had 700 prior complaints from those who had been burned by the coffee... some were settled the rest were ignored (they offered $800 to the lady despite $10K in medical bills). The media didn't report that the majority of the award were punitive damages against McD since this was a known issue.

http://www.marshallgibson.com.au/blog/case-study-true-story-mcdonalds-coffee-lawsuit/

Slam

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1368 on: June 11, 2015, 09:45:42 AM »

In her defense, she was a 79 year old lady who was hospitalized for a week when she suffered third degree burns in her pelvic region. That's really hot coffee.

McDonald's apparently had 700 prior complaints from those who had been burned by the coffee... some were settled the rest were ignored (they offered $800 to the lady despite $10K in medical bills). The media didn't report that the majority of the award were punitive damages against McD since this was a known issue.

http://www.marshallgibson.com.au/blog/case-study-true-story-mcdonalds-coffee-lawsuit/

No need to defend her from me; I'm not criticizing.  The pictures of her burns looked excruciatingly painful.

I was just pointing out that as a result of that lawsuit, it would be prudent for Starbucks to brew coffee at appropriate coffee brewing temperatures.  Purposely brewing it hotter would open the door for more lawsuits.

DeepEllumStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1369 on: June 11, 2015, 10:02:16 AM »

No need to defend her from me; I'm not criticizing.  The pictures of her burns looked excruciatingly painful.

I was just pointing out that as a result of that lawsuit, it would be prudent for Starbucks to brew coffee at appropriate coffee brewing temperatures.  Purposely brewing it hotter would open the door for more lawsuits.

It is pretty interesting that most coffee places chose to not adjust after that lawsuit. Especially one like Starbucks where people immediately drink their coffee versus taking it home and drinking it later.

Sam E

• Stubble
« Reply #1370 on: June 11, 2015, 10:11:08 AM »

The idea behind brewing it hotter than necessary is that it will stay hot longer since most people go back to their cars and expect their drink to stay hot for their commute, or when they get to work/home, or whatever. What McDonald's did was extreme, and there is plenty of space between "appropriate for coffee brewing" and "gives you third degree burns."

I forget what the temperature is for coffee, but I know that with tea you aren't really even supposed to boil the water, just get it steamy, lest you scald the leaves. I believe it's similar for coffee. So if Starbucks heats the water enough that your coffee stays piping hot for 20 minutes or whatever then they probably are burning the coffee.

PARedbeard

• Stubble
« Reply #1371 on: June 11, 2015, 10:11:37 AM »
.... buying a $180k house with $100k worth of land [the house we plan to retire in, and 10 acres for hugelkultur farming] ...

You're living my dream, jfisher3! Thrown in a few chickens, some ducks, and some place to collect a few wild edibles, and my red beard will surround a perpetual smile.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1372 on: June 11, 2015, 10:16:51 AM »

I think you've mislabeled me. I can't stand Starbucks coffee, true, but I've recently switched coffee brands for my drip machine at home from the cheapest generic 34 oz can at Walmart to its equivalent store brand at Dollar General, so I don't think I'm a coffee snob. It's not me, it's them.

I just figure starbucks has enough options, anyone should be able to find something they like.  You don't have to get a frappamahoozit, they have three types of drip coffee in-store.  I think they have like 30+ blends if you want to brew at home.  You can get a smoothie or just a banana.

I'm not a cheerleader... I go to starbucks a few times a year (usually for the bathroom).  I just think you exaggerate a bit when you call it "nasty coffee"

I've never been in a starbucks.  I've also never drank a cup of coffee.  I have a sip about every 3-4 years, realize it's disgusting and tastes like it's been spewed from satan's butthole, and that's enough to keep me from even sipping it for another 3-4 years.  I keep waiting for my tastes to change but it hasn't yet.

DeepEllumStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1373 on: June 11, 2015, 10:23:56 AM »
I keep waiting for my tastes to change but it hasn't yet.

This

My boss still doesn't understand how I don't love coffee. He breaks out his coffee and tries to convert me by smelling it. Not exactly one of my top 10 favorite scents. Even as a teenager, people would say, "When you grow up you'll understand." Does this mean I'm not grown up?

Starbucks gift cards that last me for years despite the fact that there is a Starbucks directly across the street. I feel slightly embarrassed that they get used more often when I'm stuck at airports.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #1374 on: June 11, 2015, 12:42:32 PM »

I've never been in a starbucks.  I've also never drank a cup of coffee.  I have a sip about every 3-4 years, realize it's disgusting and tastes like it's been spewed from satan's butthole, and that's enough to keep me from even sipping it for another 3-4 years.  I keep waiting for my tastes to change but it hasn't yet.

How about a nice hot chocolate, then?  Do you like muffins?  Of course you do (at least the tops)

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1375 on: June 11, 2015, 12:53:46 PM »

How about a nice hot chocolate, then?  Do you like muffins?  Of course you do (at least the tops)

A store bought hot chocolate? I'm not that fancypants.

Of course I like hot chocolate and muffins.  They probably have cookies and other stuff too.  But since I hate coffee, and anything that's over priced, I have never had a desire to go there.  I suppose if I was gifted a gift card that was good only there I might go and see what I could find for myself, but more likely I would try to sell it someone that does go.

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1376 on: June 11, 2015, 01:06:23 PM »

Taste is such a funny thing, isn't it?  I am sure that I'm drinking your share of coffee, as well as the shares of many, many other non-coffee-drinkers.

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1377 on: June 11, 2015, 01:11:17 PM »
I keep waiting for my tastes to change but it hasn't yet.

This

My boss still doesn't understand how I don't love coffee. He breaks out his coffee and tries to convert me by smelling it. Not exactly one of my top 10 favorite scents. Even as a teenager, people would say, "When you grow up you'll understand." Does this mean I'm not grown up?

Starbucks gift cards that last me for years despite the fact that there is a Starbucks directly across the street. I feel slightly embarrassed that they get used more often when I'm stuck at airports.
I also don't like coffee, but I drink a lot of tea.  The tea selection at Starbucks isn't great, but it's usually the best I can hope for at an airport. 

Also, I love muffin tops!

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1378 on: June 11, 2015, 01:14:00 PM »
I fucking hate tea as well.  All tea.

jfisher3

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1379 on: June 11, 2015, 01:41:20 PM »
.... buying a $180k house with $100k worth of land [the house we plan to retire in, and 10 acres for hugelkultur farming] ...

You're living my dream, jfisher3! Thrown in a few chickens, some ducks, and some place to collect a few wild edibles, and my red beard will surround a perpetual smile.

I'm skipping the chickens so they don't destroy the food forest ('wild' edibles), but getting at least 50 ducks, with a few drakes :)

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1380 on: June 11, 2015, 02:28:10 PM »
I fucking hate tea as well.  All tea.
I guess I'll take my tea and muffin tops over to the corner. 

The Accidental Mustachian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1381 on: June 11, 2015, 02:57:42 PM »

Theres a great documentary on Netflix about this case called 'Hot Coffee'. What you have said is correct and interestingly, despite the press going fucking crazy about 'reckless damages awards' etc etc the jury picked that number very specifically as (iirc) it represented one day of Mcdonalds coffee sales. I like their style!

FrogStash

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Get there...FASTER!
« Reply #1382 on: June 11, 2015, 03:04:36 PM »
Mustachian problems:

Credit card company drops *you* because you haven't used the card in years

Every time you stop in a fast food place, there's like 10 new things on the menu you've never heard of

I've only been an aspiring mustachian for a few months but I already forgot how to order fast food and every time I go to a store I'm constantly thinking, "Wow, they have changed this place a lot since...oh wait, I haven't been here in quite a while."

DTaggart

• Bristles
« Reply #1383 on: June 11, 2015, 03:39:59 PM »

Several years ago someone gave me a $10 Starbucks gift card for Christmas. I like Starbucks fancy coffee drinks every once in a while as a treat, but its not especially convenient for me to go to so it just sat in my wallet. Then one day I saw a blog post somewhere sharing how Starbucks had an offer to add $5 to any gift card if you registered the card and enroll in their rewards program, plus you get a free drink for your birthday, so I signed up. I went in to get my free drink on my birthday. That satisfied my Starbucks-wanting for a long time so the now $15 card continued to sit in my wallet.

Then my husband did a favor for someone, and as a "thank-you" they gave him a $25 Starbucks card. He doesn't like coffee so he gave it to me. Since I had the first card registered, I was able to transfer the $25 to the old card online. Now I had a $40 gift card.

A Christmas or two later, the original gifter sent me a Starbucks e-card, so I added THAT to the card, and ended up with something like $50 or $60, I eventually lost track, I think there was another gift card added on at some point.

Finally, at least 4 years after I got the original card, I had to fly somewhere for work. Since I'm cheap Mustachian, the night before I made a sandwich and prepped some snacks to carry on board for my lunch. Then when I got up super early the next day to go to the airport, I forgot my food :( So I finally got to use my ever-increasing Starbucks card to buy a sandwich to eat on the plane. It made the fact that they charged like $10 for a sandwich much easier to accept.

So yeah, hang on to those Starbucks cards even if you don't drink coffee :)

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #1384 on: June 11, 2015, 06:28:40 PM »

Several years ago someone gave me a $10 Starbucks gift card for Christmas. I like Starbucks fancy coffee drinks every once in a while as a treat, but its not especially convenient for me to go to so it just sat in my wallet. Then one day I saw a blog post somewhere sharing how Starbucks had an offer to add $5 to any gift card if you registered the card and enroll in their rewards program, plus you get a free drink for your birthday, so I signed up. I went in to get my free drink on my birthday. That satisfied my Starbucks-wanting for a long time so the now $15 card continued to sit in my wallet.

Then my husband did a favor for someone, and as a "thank-you" they gave him a $25 Starbucks card. He doesn't like coffee so he gave it to me. Since I had the first card registered, I was able to transfer the $25 to the old card online. Now I had a $40 gift card.

A Christmas or two later, the original gifter sent me a Starbucks e-card, so I added THAT to the card, and ended up with something like $50 or $60, I eventually lost track, I think there was another gift card added on at some point.

Finally, at least 4 years after I got the original card, I had to fly somewhere for work. Since I'm cheap Mustachian, the night before I made a sandwich and prepped some snacks to carry on board for my lunch. Then when I got up super early the next day to go to the airport, I forgot my food :( So I finally got to use my ever-increasing Starbucks card to buy a sandwich to eat on the plane. It made the fact that they charged like $10 for a sandwich much easier to accept.

Don't forget the birthday item can also be food -- so you can get a $10 sandwich for your B-day.  Or try this: http://consumerist.com/2014/05/27/new-starbucks-free-drink-record-set-with-54-sexagintuple-vanilla-bean-mocha-frappuccino/

DTaggart

• Bristles
« Reply #1385 on: June 11, 2015, 07:27:10 PM »

Don't forget the birthday item can also be food -- so you can get a $10 sandwich for your B-day.  Or try this: http://consumerist.com/2014/05/27/new-starbucks-free-drink-record-set-with-54-sexagintuple-vanilla-bean-mocha-frappuccino/

Aww dangit! My most recent birthday bonus just expired unused. Guess that means I've got 11 months to dream up an exorbitant drink to beat that record!

Cookie

« Reply #1386 on: June 12, 2015, 03:35:08 AM »
I can't talk about restaurants with coworkers because I don't go out to eat that often.

Slam

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1387 on: June 12, 2015, 09:48:51 AM »
Every time I go to use my car, I have to wipe off the spider webs.

hope2retire

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1388 on: June 12, 2015, 11:43:48 AM »
Credit Card company automatically cancelled one of my credit card since I did not use it for.....9+ years...:)

Malaysia41

• Magnum Stache
    • My mmm journal
« Reply #1389 on: June 12, 2015, 06:26:35 PM »
Now's an ideal time to convert USD into Malaysian ringgit because the dollar's strong.  Problem is, we're not burning through our ringitt stash very fast, so we have no need for a further infusion of cash for the foreseeable future.   Waaah.

Merrie

• Bristles
« Reply #1390 on: June 14, 2015, 09:16:48 PM »
I can't talk about restaurants with coworkers because I don't go out to eat that often.

Or TV shows because I don't watch TV. Or how broke I am (while buying junk food).

Sometimes talking about cooking and home improvements can be enough to make a connection, and I do have more to say about both of those topics.

The other day I worked with a gal who I'd worked with some time ago, but I work with lots of different people at different sites, so I don't always remember. She remembered me though, since I gave her a recipe for scratch macaroni and cheese when we last worked together.

The Accidental Mustachian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1391 on: June 15, 2015, 03:49:13 AM »
I have pondered the current diversion of this thread with some bewilderment. For the life of me i can't think of a worse present to give or receive than a Starbucks gift voucher.

BlueHouse

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1392 on: June 15, 2015, 05:13:15 AM »
I have pondered the current diversion of this thread with some bewilderment. For the life of me i can't think of a worse present to give or receive than a Starbucks gift voucher.
Really?  You should take a look at my Christmas stocking on Xmas morning. I'm 47 years old, and my mother still makes impulse buys to fill that sucker up. Let's see. How about a flashlight shaped like a praying mantis with a bulb so dim it doesn't do anything?  Or a puzzle with 2pieces for those without a lot of time. Haha. Sooooo funny, right?  Or maybe small size shampoo with scents that she knows I won't use. Or slim jims because remember you used to like these 35 years ago and because you are so grossed out by them now, that's sort of ironic, isn't it? 
Yeah, I can think of a lot worse gifts and I don't go to Starbucks. :).

Malaysia41

• Magnum Stache
    • My mmm journal
« Reply #1393 on: June 15, 2015, 05:13:25 AM »

How about a bag of poop on fire?  To me, that'd be worse.   

G-dog

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1394 on: June 15, 2015, 05:54:31 AM »
Really?  You should take a look at my Christmas stocking on Xmas morning. I'm 47 years old, and my mother still makes impulse buys to fill that sucker up. Let's see. How about a flashlight shaped like a praying mantis with a bulb so dim it doesn't do anything?  Or a puzzle with 2pieces for those without a lot of time. Haha. Sooooo funny, right?  Or maybe small size shampoo with scents that she knows I won't use. Or slim jims because remember you used to like these 35 years ago and because you are so grossed out by them now, that's sort of ironic, isn't it? 

How about a Charley-in-the-box?

sheepstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1395 on: June 15, 2015, 07:40:47 AM »

Then if they ever stray onto the topic of bikes I milk it for so long their eyes glaze over.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #1396 on: June 15, 2015, 11:10:13 AM »
The hyperbole in this thread literally makes me want to vomit

nobodyspecial

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1397 on: June 15, 2015, 11:29:51 AM »
The hyperbole in this thread literally makes me want to vomit
I think you mean figuratively.

Unless you are allergic to hyperbole, in which case we may be required to have a warning label on the thread.

Cookie

« Reply #1398 on: June 15, 2015, 03:08:04 PM »
Quote from: G-dog on Today at 05:54:31 AM
Quote from: BlueHouse on Today at 05:13:15 AM
Quote from: The Accidental Mustachian on Today at 03:49:13 AM

How about a Charley-in-the-box?

Or a train with square wheels on the caboose?
Or magnet words all about dogs when you a cat person

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1399 on: June 15, 2015, 04:27:16 PM »

That was my take on it as the original gift-càrd-receiver, but a few of these nominations have it beat.

Now, if the bag of poop were not on fire, I'd mix it into a new raised bed. That would be a good present, much better than a Starbucks gift card.