Author Topic: Mustachian People Problems (just for fun)  (Read 5086557 times)

Merrie

• Bristles
Re: Mustachian People Problems (just for fun)
« Reply #1800 on: August 21, 2015, 03:47:13 PM »
One of my graduate school friends was trying to get me to sign up for one of the income based re-payment plans for student loans. I make too much money for this to be worth it, but I don't know how to say that politely. I'm just going to pay it off in 5 years instead of 20-25 years. I'm sure the income based plan works great for them, but not for me.

I think the polite response is just some variant of "Oh, thanks for telling me, I'll look into it." And on the offchance they bring it up later just say you didn't think it was the right option for you, and then change the subject to what is going on with them.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1801 on: August 22, 2015, 07:29:02 AM »
I finally had to make a big production of putting my bike helmet and gloves down on the counter, looking at him like I was going to burst into tears and saying "I just want to cash my check, will you let me do that or not?"  I was cashing a rebate check for about three dollars.

Find a bank that has check deposit in their smartphone app.  Problem  solved.  Less than a minute to snap photos of the front and back of a check vs. a time consuming trip to bank.

This would definitely work this this particular context, but for many of the other examples on the forum it would not. Our check deposit app (with CapitalOne 360) has a $5,000/day limit and a $10,000/month limit, so if you have a single check for more than either of those amounts you have to go through a much more convoluted process, and since our bank has no brick-and-mortar fronts, they actually prefer you to keep a second, brick-and-mortar bank for, among other reasons, this express purpose.

... all of which I guess still qualify as Mustachian people problems, yes? :)

Ally's eCheck Deposit has a limit of $50k/day ($250k/month), which should be sufficient for most people. Though I just got a check from selling my house that is made out to both me and my wife and my Ally account is not joint. So we tried to use Wells Fargo's equivalent... $2500/day limit! And of course the check happens to be ~$2570...

So this is my Mustachian problem this week. The town we just moved to does not have a single branch of a bank for which we have an account, so we either need to deposit this electronically or open a new bank account. I have one more account I think I can try to do a mobile deposit with and I've started the paperwork to make Ally a joint account. Of course, having to wait to deposit this check is only annoying and doesn't affect our short-term finances whatsoever.

I'm pretty sure Ally will deposit a joint check in a single account as long as you have both signatures.  I'd either chat to verify or just try it.  Otherwise, you really don't need to "start the paperwork to make Ally a joint account" you can just open a new joint account online in like 2 minutes.   It's really fast and free.

Fun fact: when I wired money from my Ally account for my down payment, I had to fax them a signed authorization form.  Because this was an important document, I signed it with my super-legible signature that I use for the DMV, back of credit card, etc.  They later called me and said I had to resend it because my signature didn't match all the sloppy signatures I've used on my recent checks.

I read online that Ally is strict about requiring both names on the account. I don't want to make a new account that I will close after making a single deposit either. I ended up being using the mobile deposit app from my credit union, which is already a joint account.

I've had mixed results with Ally's wire transfers. One took a few days go through which almost ruined the reason for the transfer. I had another that went through hassle-free on the same day.

Merrie

• Bristles
« Reply #1802 on: August 22, 2015, 10:59:41 AM »
Another Mustachian people problem:

We have a financial advisor. We started consulting with him in 2011 and have always been able to drop him a line about getting this or that put into place. We did it at the time because I felt like if I waited to find out the exact correct way to do everything, I'd never do it. He has helped us get set up with disability insurance, a college fund for our daughter, life insurance, and Roth IRAs. But I've been growing increasingly dubious about some of his approaches to things since I started getting more Mustachian, and I've also gotten better at taking initiative on my own. This year I transferred our daughter's college fund to a different processor that uses Vanguard funds and also transferred our retirement funds out of his control and to Vanguard. I did get the 2nd disability insurance plan that he recommended (I previously only qualified for one that paid 2 years of benefits) but against his recommendation set it up to kick in after 2 years and keep the old one as well, rather than cancelling the old one entirely.

So typically he pings us early in the summer to see if we want to meet and talk things over.

This year he hasn't called us.

I think he's figured out that we don't really need him that much anymore. And that he's not going to get as many commissions.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1803 on: August 22, 2015, 02:10:51 PM »
I've been trying to do some easy make-money-from-home stuff in my spare time... mostly taking surveys and doing Mechanical Turk. I'm currently in an endless loop of being rejected for Pollbuzzer surveys because I'm "not a good fit." Do you own any of these fancy electronic items? Have you recently purchased X Y or Z? How often do you dine at these casual restaurants? Which brands of margarine do you use? Do you smoke? Etc. Etc. All things that I never do or use or buy because they are too facepunchy or just plain bad for you.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1804 on: August 22, 2015, 02:53:19 PM »
I've been trying to do some easy make-money-from-home stuff in my spare time... mostly taking surveys and doing Mechanical Turk. I'm currently in an endless loop of being rejected for Pollbuzzer surveys because I'm "not a good fit." Do you own any of these fancy electronic items? Have you recently purchased X Y or Z? How often do you dine at these casual restaurants? Which brands of margarine do you use? Do you smoke? Etc. Etc. All things that I never do or use or buy because they are too facepunchy or just plain bad for you.

The only ones I ever get are CCs. "Which of these rewards cards have you heard of? Which do you use?" Check, check, check.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1805 on: August 22, 2015, 03:07:46 PM »
The only ones I ever get are CCs. "Which of these rewards cards have you heard of? Which do you use?" Check, check, check.
I do great with the surveys on Mechanical Turk because they are more academic/social science type stuff, and less consumery stuff. I may just ditch Pollbuzzer as a waste of time. I ended up going through something like 12-13 screeners today before it finally kicked me out with an apology saying there were no surveys to match me with at this time... earnings: $0.

La Bibliotecaria Feroz

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1806 on: August 24, 2015, 06:42:00 PM »

If you have a smartphone, Leapforce At Home might be a better fit. It's a more consistent way to make a few bucks at home online.

Sanne

• Stubble
« Reply #1807 on: August 25, 2015, 07:49:03 AM »
People laugh at me if I tell them my goal is to pay of my student loans in 2017 before August. I'm not the one that brings it up but if people are talking student loans and ask me if I have them, I tell them yes but this is my goal. I'm not sure why people laugh. Uncomfortable? Or they don't think it's possible? Maybe a combination.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1808 on: August 25, 2015, 08:12:15 AM »
People laugh at me if I tell them my goal is to pay of my student loans in 2017 before August. I'm not the one that brings it up but if people are talking student loans and ask me if I have them, I tell them yes but this is my goal. I'm not sure why people laugh. Uncomfortable? Or they don't think it's possible? Maybe a combination.

I paid off ~$50k in Student loans about 3.5 years after graduating college despite purchasing a house with a $1500+/month mortgage payment within half a year of getting my first job. Our annual household income during that period was about $70k. I could have paid it off way faster by being a bit more frugal and not purchasing a house in 2008...

Lizzy B.

• Stubble
« Reply #1809 on: August 25, 2015, 08:52:22 AM »
My  mustachian problem for today (well, yesterday, really) was hiding my excitement that stocks were going on sale and that I was getting a (very small) test of my investing nerves.  The market has done so well in the 5years I've been seriously investing, that I haven't gotten to test my comfort level of my asset allocation.  This was the first decline where I'd had enough invested to actually "lose" a reasonably sized number!   It isn't seemly to be happy about market declines in my current workforce. That said, I hope this or whatever happens in the next few days doesn't delay anyone's FIRE plans.

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1810 on: August 25, 2015, 08:57:09 AM »
My  mustachian problem for today (well, yesterday, really) was hiding my excitement that stocks were going on sale and that I was getting a (very small) test of my investing nerves.  The market has done so well in the 5years I've been seriously investing, that I haven't gotten to test my comfort level of my asset allocation.  This was the first decline where I'd had enough invested to actually "lose" a reasonably sized number!   It isn't seemly to be happy about market declines in my current workforce. That said, I hope this or whatever happens in the next few days doesn't delay anyone's FIRE plans.

Yeah I feel like we're all suffering a particularly mustachian person problem watching the market at the moment... It'd be happy if I had any fresh capital to invest in cut price shares, but I don't at present!

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1811 on: August 25, 2015, 10:48:37 AM »
Yeah, a real mustachian problem that I hadn't had a few thousands lying around yesterday.
The time I would have bought the DAX (german index) hedged would have been 5.25%, days end was -4.70%, today its up by 4.97%, so even normal woudl have been 5% win. With the 3x hedge I found, that is up 14,53 to yesterday. So likely to be ~16% at that point I choose.
Oh well...

That said I think we are not far away from a real crash, 15-20% down of the low yestarday, I still think near end of year. Lets see... better opportunity then?

Pooperman

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1812 on: August 25, 2015, 10:56:06 AM »
Yeah, a real mustachian problem that I hadn't had a few thousands lying around yesterday.
The time I would have bought the DAX (german index) hedged would have been 5.25%, days end was -4.70%, today its up by 4.97%, so even normal woudl have been 5% win. With the 3x hedge I found, that is up 14,53 to yesterday. So likely to be ~16% at that point I choose.
Oh well...

That said I think we are not far away from a real crash, 15-20% down of the low yestarday, I still think near end of year. Lets see... better opportunity then?

Just keep investing. It'll be good. I don't foresee a crash soon. A correction is expected and a bit delayed, but it's a good thing to have one. Hindsight is 20/20, no?

cripzychiken

• Stubble
« Reply #1813 on: August 25, 2015, 12:59:05 PM »

Still haven't logged onto Personal Capital to see what my damage was.  but I was talking to people at work and one person was going on about how she is glad she pulled out all her money last year and bought tons of gold (@ around 1350/oz and which she is paying to keep in a security box at a bank).  Didn't want to point out how much more she's lost from that choice, just kept to the whole "must stay diversified" line.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1814 on: August 25, 2015, 01:14:43 PM »

Still haven't logged onto Personal Capital to see what my damage was.  but I was talking to people at work and one person was going on about how she is glad she pulled out all her money last year and bought tons of gold (@ around 1350/oz and which she is paying to keep in a security box at a bank).  Didn't want to point out how much more she's lost from that choice, just kept to the whole "must stay diversified" line.

Wow. Gold is ~$1140 now, so that's a 15% drop plus security box fees and no dividends...

Merrie

• Bristles
« Reply #1815 on: August 25, 2015, 10:00:19 PM »
Mustachian problem du jour: We have to transport our daughter to preschool. She likes the bike ride, and gets disappointed when we take the car. "But I wanted you to bike me!"

riverffashion

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1816 on: August 26, 2015, 06:36:33 AM »
Mustachian problem du jour: We have to transport our daughter to preschool. She likes the bike ride, and gets disappointed when we take the car. "But I wanted you to bike me!"

This is an excellent Mustachian problem to hav!

Zoot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1817 on: August 26, 2015, 09:30:42 AM »
My Mustachian problems of the week:  wishing I had more side-lined capital to invest while stocks were on sale (I did have a few thousand, though, and got that in on Monday!), and having to revise my spreadsheets to account for an earlier-than-usual Roth IRA contribution.  Life is so hard.  :)

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1818 on: August 26, 2015, 10:46:23 AM »
I'm moving and just changed the address on my car insurance and the rate dropped by half!  Shocking!  Lovely.  But I was counting on that insurance payment making up the bulk of the $500 I need to spend on my new credit card to get $150 cash back. I guess I can buy some grocery store gift cards to make up the difference.

Shropskr

• Stubble
« Reply #1819 on: August 26, 2015, 01:26:46 PM »
Just registered my kids for school yesterday". Had to fill out the reduced lunch fee paperwork.  We're FIRED but qualify for reduced lunch/fees at the kids school.  We choose not to use this benefit though.  Husband said yes we are intentionally leaving money on the table, but it's not mention for us and we don't need it.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1820 on: August 26, 2015, 04:18:56 PM »
Have to keep making extra trips to the library because kids keep winning prizes in the summer reading club:-)

Teen sons are doing the teen version and the end of the summer draw has a chance to win and iPad mini and several $50 book store gift cards:-)
Hey, somebody has to win!

ETA: Got 2 phone calls today from our local library for 2 different winners! YAY
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 07:13:08 PM by 1967mama »

singingbiologist

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1821 on: August 26, 2015, 06:59:25 PM »
I cannot relate to much of the hand-wringing by my fellow millennials because I have mercilessly slaughtered my (and my husband's) student debt.

Arktinkerer

• Bristles
« Reply #1822 on: August 26, 2015, 07:35:47 PM »
We normally hit the sales/markdown bins at the grocery and hardware stores.  Last couple of times we find ourselves saying "Nah, the sales price isn't that great".  We've gotten to where we try and time it so we hit them when they have the last markdowns before they scrap it.  We've gotten jaded with the sales and markdown prices!

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1823 on: August 27, 2015, 03:34:43 AM »
I cannot relate to much of the hand-wringing by my fellow millennials because I have mercilessly slaughtered my (and my husband's) student debt.

So true! Was recently at a dinner where everyone was moaning, "I'll be working till I'm 75, I'm never gonna retire", and my husband agreed, and I was like, "Shut up, we're loaded" (but I said it quietly). I just cannot relate to people who tell me how broke they are whilst spending £200 a month on coffee and renovating their perfectly good house because they want a slightly bigger kitchen.

G-dog

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1824 on: August 27, 2015, 06:03:38 AM »

So true! Was recently at a dinner where everyone was moaning, "I'll be working till I'm 75, I'm never gonna retire", and my husband agreed, and I was like, "Shut up, we're loaded" (but I said it quietly). I just cannot relate to people who tell me how broke they are whilst spending £200 a month on coffee and renovating their perfectly good house because they want a slightly bigger kitchen.

Maybe his agreement was 'yes, YOU will be working till you are 75 (you spendthrift twits)'

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1825 on: August 27, 2015, 06:55:33 AM »

Maybe his agreement was 'yes, YOU will be working till you are 75 (you spendthrift twits)'

Ha ha, good point, hopefully that's what he meant! And if so, he's right, the people in question will be working a long long time to pay for all that crap they buy yet don't even seem to really want.

Candace

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1826 on: August 27, 2015, 07:04:17 AM »
I'm moving and just changed the address on my car insurance and the rate dropped by half!  Shocking!  Lovely.  But I was counting on that insurance payment making up the bulk of the $500 I need to spend on my new credit card to get $150 cash back. I guess I can buy some grocery store gift cards to make up the difference.
This is great.

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1827 on: August 27, 2015, 09:18:19 AM »
We normally hit the sales/markdown bins at the grocery and hardware stores.  Last couple of times we find ourselves saying "Nah, the sales price isn't that great".  We've gotten to where we try and time it so we hit them when they have the last markdowns before they scrap it.  We've gotten jaded with the sales and markdown prices!

Similar problem here.  I used to love Outlet Malls in my pre-frugal life.  Now they seem way over-priced compared to the thrift store where I buy nearly everything.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1828 on: August 27, 2015, 09:27:06 AM »
Woke up last night super stressed because I had gotten a text from Verizon that they canceled my plan because it was too inexpensive.

Took me about 10 minutes to realize it was a dream.

riverffashion

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1829 on: August 27, 2015, 01:37:10 PM »
Woke up last night super stressed because I had gotten a text from Verizon that they canceled my plan because it was too inexpensive.

Took me about 10 minutes to realize it was a dream.

Hahaha, that's hilarious

riverffashion

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1830 on: August 27, 2015, 01:43:22 PM »

Ha ha, good point, hopefully that's what he meant! And if so, he's right, the people in question will be working a long long time to pay for all that crap they buy yet don't even seem to really want.

I hear these exact grumblings regularly, and I just keep my mouth shut about early retirement plans. Because as many of you hav experienced , most people think it's a f*ing fantasy. Now I let the few who ask how it is that I feel super relaxed despite having barely worked this year ( health) in on why this is...
And when people realize I'm not living paycheck to paycheck, this is not even believable to most. They figure I must have some debt somewhere. Ah, the perils of people thinking I am crazy, that I am grandiose. Hahaha.

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1831 on: August 28, 2015, 02:53:05 AM »
I was reconciling some accounts in YNAB, and I caught the balance of my credit card (used for everyday spending for points) out of the corner of my eye, and cried out in disbelief! £6000! So much money! Argh, what have we spent all that on?!

Oh... hang on... that's that's the balance of our current account. Time to transfer some money to the stash, I think.

meg_shannon

• Stubble
« Reply #1832 on: August 28, 2015, 03:32:53 AM »

We have the same problem. She also gets annoyed when we don't have time to stop and pick blackberries on the way home from school. Unfortunately we'll have to use the car this afternoon for groceries. I have to get too much, and it won't all fit between my bike basket and the little leftover space in the trailer. I won't risk it after experiencing standing with an extra bag of groceries, full bike basket, and trailer. (We're having dinner guests tomorrow so we need extra food)

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1833 on: August 28, 2015, 07:10:16 AM »
I was reconciling some accounts in YNAB, and I caught the balance of my credit card (used for everyday spending for points) out of the corner of my eye, and cried out in disbelief! £6000! So much money! Argh, what have we spent all that on?!

Oh... hang on... that's that's the balance of our current account. Time to transfer some money to the stash, I think.

I used to do this all the time. We have two separate Chase online accounts, one under my name and one under my wife's. My account only has my credit card. My wife's account has a checking and savings account and a credit card. So when I login to my wife's account I see the checking balance first and briefly think it's her credit card balance, because that's where it is located on my login...

Jakejake

• Pencil Stache
  • FIRE: June 17, 2016
« Reply #1834 on: August 29, 2015, 12:38:31 PM »
I've got jars of change piled up in my house that I'm on a mission to use up while grocery shopping, since I usually just spend a dollar or two at a time. I'm doing this in the self-checkout lane when there's no line, not out causing a nuisance holding people up.

Today I noticed one of my pennies is counterfeit! It's not even metal, it's plastic! I'm concerned that I notice, and concerned that I care, and wondering - who does this?!!!

10dollarsatatime

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1835 on: August 29, 2015, 02:06:39 PM »
I've got jars of change piled up in my house that I'm on a mission to use up while grocery shopping, since I usually just spend a dollar or two at a time. I'm doing this in the self-checkout lane when there's no line, not out causing a nuisance holding people up.

Today I noticed one of my pennies is counterfeit! It's not even metal, it's plastic! I'm concerned that I notice, and concerned that I care, and wondering - who does this?!!!

They are children's toys.  Why give them a real penny when you can spend a nickel on a plastic one?

Heather in Ottawa

• Stubble
« Reply #1836 on: August 30, 2015, 07:51:15 AM »
I ride my bike so much that my hair is always damp.

(related "problem" - I have really thick hair)

Bo-rrific G

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1837 on: August 31, 2015, 07:05:00 AM »
I take dates out in a 23 year old truck with 508,000 miles on it

I married a man that drove a 15 year old truck.  That's not such a problem for the right person.

My man continues to drive his truck (no 23 years old). 

Kitsunegari

• Bristles
  • Penny wise, pound foolish
« Reply #1838 on: September 01, 2015, 07:32:49 AM »

I married a man that drove a 15 year old truck.  That's not such a problem for the right person.

I might have a dirty mind, but when my dates would show up with and old, small, beaten up car I would think right away "Ohh, look who has nothing to compensate for..." ;-)

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1839 on: September 01, 2015, 08:23:57 AM »

I might have a dirty mind, but when my dates would show up with and old, small, beaten up car I would think right away "Ohh, look who has nothing to compensate for..." ;-)

I am clearly a dirty little old lady.  When I read this, I thought back over my long and sinful life and yes, the most "gifted" men I knew all drove ratty old cars.  To steal a line from Blazing Saddles, "It's twew, it's twew!"

Two9A

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • On the long road to zero net worth
« Reply #1840 on: September 03, 2015, 11:07:25 AM »
Here's a Mustachian problem for you. I just made a large overpayment on the mortgage, and moved my emergency fund to a high-interest account, all in one day.

Now I'm on hold with Fraud Prevention.

midweststache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1841 on: September 03, 2015, 11:34:33 AM »
Here's a Mustachian problem for you. I just made a large overpayment on the mortgage, and moved my emergency fund to a high-interest account, all in one day.

That's the most Mustachian problem I've seen in a long time. Hope your conversation is expedient!

riverffashion

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1842 on: September 03, 2015, 04:27:04 PM »

That's the most Mustachian problem I've seen in a long time. Hope your conversation is expedient!

Omg that's a definite mustachian problem!

riverffashion

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1843 on: September 03, 2015, 04:28:52 PM »
Here's one from a few years ago I forgot. I requested to hav data package removed from my phone & nobody knew how to do it, because it had never been requested.

ruthiegirl

• Bristles
« Reply #1844 on: September 03, 2015, 04:40:25 PM »

Ha!   We have the same problem.  My kids get so pissy with me when I want to drive.  I fractured  my collar bone last spring and it was a loooooong 6 weeks before I could get back on my bike with our little ones. 

K-ice

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1845 on: September 04, 2015, 01:15:38 AM »

I'm kind of afraid of this "Fraud call" happening too.

Here is how it will play out...

"No sorry sir, there was no Fraud or tax evasion here. I've just been reading MMM ;)"

shelivesthedream

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1846 on: September 05, 2015, 02:06:27 AM »
I bought something in an online sale recently and got two sizes for £20 each. The original price was £45. I went to the shop to return the one that didn't fit and they processed my refund as being for £45. When they got me to sign the receipt I noticed and, like a good citizen, pointed this out. I then had to stand in the shop for HALF AN HOUR while they tried to figure out what to do because the tag kept scanning at £45 and even the shop manager did not have the authorisation to change the price.

It's not really a Mustachian problem, but I just need to vent about how annoying it is that no companies seem to trust their employees with a manual override any more. The computer is always right! I worked somewhere where calendar appointments couldn't overlap and there was no way to make it do that. Sure, I'd like I flagged up, but then to be able to do "Are you sure you want to do this?" And press "OK"!

Squirrel away

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1847 on: September 05, 2015, 02:24:51 AM »

I am clearly a dirty little old lady.  When I read this, I thought back over my long and sinful life and yes, the most "gifted" men I knew all drove ratty old cars. To steal a line from Blazing Saddles, "It's twew, it's twew!"

Haha, I haven't read that film being referenced in a long time.:P

gaja

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1848 on: September 07, 2015, 08:52:05 AM »
I think we are wasting a lot of water and electricity, but apparently we use a lot less than average. If we don't make sure to send in usage numbers every other week or so, the water and electricity companies send us a bill where they "estimate" how much we have used. Sometimes we get a refund, but more commonly we just get billed 0 until the numbers are correct. One time we got "free" electricity for a year. I'm waiting for the refund for the house we just sold. I think we were 1000 kWh behind schedule, so there will be a nice refund.

In the new house, the water statistics are sent in once a year. Our usage was estimated and billed based on the previous owners and the average for this size of house. Just for fun, we calculated our usage for the first half year. If we keep on paying as scheduled, we'll have covered the water bil for the next 3-4 years before christmas. I called to inform a lady at the municipality, so they could choose to lower the bill or something. She asked me to repeat the numbers, and wanted to know if the house had been empty parts of the year. When I said that we just were careful about water usage, she asked us to send in the numbers so she could recalculate, and asked us to stop paying the rest of the year.

shelivesthedream

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1849 on: September 07, 2015, 11:45:52 AM »
Forgot to send an invoice for the job I'm doing this month. Remembered when someone asked me if I needed to be reimbursed daily for my expenses. I was so shocked I didn't know what to say!