Author Topic: Overheard on Facebook  (Read 6082625 times)

BTDretire

• Magnum Stache
Re: Overheard on Facebook
« Reply #5150 on: September 09, 2016, 03:32:12 PM »
Huh,  maybe they listed All Clad on their registry, thinking that they could return it for cash, but someone actually made a gift out of it.

LOL.

That's my goal in life, to get my own monogrammed pan.  (sarcasm)

Logic_Lady

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5151 on: September 10, 2016, 11:17:46 PM »
Just found on my Facebook wall, posted by one of my former colleagues. Translated into english it means: "I don't spend, I reward myself" (in French, these two words rhyme). Ugh.

Her comment that she put along with it was that it's "good for the soul".

That would be a great philosophy if you rewarded yourself in ways that don't involve spending money. But somehow I doubt that's what she meant...

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5152 on: September 11, 2016, 08:09:26 AM »
Just found on my Facebook wall, posted by one of my former colleagues. Translated into english it means: "I don't spend, I reward myself" (in French, these two words rhyme). Ugh.

That would be a great philosophy if you rewarded yourself in ways that don't involve spending money. But somehow I doubt that's what she meant...

Or that not spending WAS rewarding herself :)

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5153 on: September 12, 2016, 05:51:57 PM »
A coworker just posted about how she had a higher power and water bill than usual and how she can't seem to save anything, and there was no time for fun this summer.

Somebody in the comments section pointed out that she bought a pool.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5154 on: September 12, 2016, 08:11:14 PM »

"a penny saved is a penny earned."
-Ben Franklin

Pooperman

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5155 on: September 12, 2016, 08:15:04 PM »

-Ben Franklin

That's more like a quarter saved is a quarter earned because of inflation since 1800 ;).

AMandM

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5156 on: September 12, 2016, 08:28:18 PM »
-Ben Franklin

That's more like a quarter saved is a quarter earned because of inflation since 1800 ;).
No, it's more than a quarter earned because you have to pay income taxes  ;).

nobodyspecial

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5157 on: September 12, 2016, 09:04:41 PM »
-Ben Franklin

A quarter saved is a dollar earned if you are a hedge fund manager with carried interest tax deferment

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5158 on: September 13, 2016, 09:36:22 AM »
-Ben Franklin

A quarter saved is a dollar earned if you are a hedge fund manager with carried interest tax deferment

Using the very precise method of "the first links I found when googling", $0.01 saved in 1776 the inflation-adjusted amount today would be ~$30. That would need to be ~$34 earned before taxes (my state does not have an income tax). So a 1776 penny saved is a 2016 $34 earned?

Not bad. Two curiosities cross my mind

a. That penny would be worth considerably more if someone had invested it since 1776
b. I wonder how much a penny that had been minted in this time and had been preserved would fetch in an auction?

druth

• Bristles
« Reply #5159 on: September 13, 2016, 10:29:22 AM »

a. That penny would be worth considerably more if someone had invested it since 1776
b. I wonder how much a penny that had been minted in this time and had been preserved would fetch in an auction?

about $100 it looks like
http://www.ebay.com/itm/COA-1776-Magic-Keydate-Date-of-Independence-Colonial-New-York-Penny-Zeeland-/391502980070?hash=item5b276563e6:g:n0UAAOSwJQdXCxho

AlanStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5160 on: September 13, 2016, 10:52:52 AM »

A: Math says 112k$.
http://www.moneychimp.com/calculator/compound_interest_calculator.htm
0.01$ at 7% for 240 years. 
Not that there were broad market etfs in 1776...

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5161 on: September 13, 2016, 12:26:16 PM »
Thanks guys!

bebegirl

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Sleepless in
« Reply #5162 on: September 13, 2016, 04:11:27 PM »
Ok, one more for you from FB conversation today:

One guy is posting pics of storage space and tells everyone in the group that he wants to rent it out.
Several people commented at once being interested and inquiring the price.

The price is...  $700 per month!

Someone commented that this is a nice price, quote unquote, ( I don't know, hope this is a joke).

Then now another guy is commenting that he is renting space for $246 per month for 10x20x8 storage space.

Now I see another comment that someone is interested but is willing to share the space with someone because he does not need as much space.

Goodness, just throw away your crap and save $700 per month, lol

P.S. OMG, the space which turned out to be 900sf is already taken by someone! That was quick! Oh, what a waste and I am happy for the smart guy who rented out his space and got money for someone's staff!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 04:21:35 PM by bebegirl »

MrRealEstate

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5163 on: September 14, 2016, 01:47:05 AM »
They were advertising 84 months financing for the new F-150 truck!  I personally think this is another form of predatory lending.  If someone has to finance a vehicle over 7 years, they DEFINITELY cannot afford the vehicle
Cashflow is important in business, if the rate is low enough and you are deducting the cost anyway it seems like a no-brainer.

... you would only buy such a vehicle because you had some sort of business that needed to haul loads off-road - right?
And you'd never get it if you only need a truck one or twice a year. Usually to help a friend move or pick up large furniture - right?

Obviously. I am surprised how many they sell though.
I guess that most Americans and Canadians must be cattle ranchers, wild-cat oil drillers or lumberjacks.

California by itself employs over 350k people for agricultural work. While not all of them need trucks, it does still represent a decent number of sales.

I don't understand why an agricultural worker needs a truck. I can see why the business that employs them might need a truck, but not the workers. Is this a requirement for agricultural workers - that they provide their own truck for the business to use?
I guess that fording rivers and climbing snow covered mountain gravel roads (I watched the ads) is the only way to get to work for fruit pickers in California - but if so a Subaru would probably be more cost effective.

A lot of the employees who are exclusively pickers use astro vans since they have a ridiculous people carrying capacity and are fairly cheap. Any employee above that would be asked to carry parts, tires, tools, and an air compressor on a daily basis due to the cost of downtime in a seasonal business.

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5164 on: September 14, 2016, 09:06:58 AM »
A lot of the employees who are exclusively pickers use astro vans since they have a ridiculous people carrying capacity and are fairly cheap. Any employee above that would be asked to carry parts, tires, tools, and an air compressor on a daily basis due to the cost of downtime in a seasonal business.

And the Astro van can be had with AWD/4WD since they are technically an S-10 p/u or SUV underneath. Didn't know that until I saw one in the parking lot at work one day. Looked like it was garage kept b/c it was "new".

rockstache

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5165 on: September 14, 2016, 12:18:24 PM »
Ok, one more for you from FB conversation today:

One guy is posting pics of storage space and tells everyone in the group that he wants to rent it out.
Several people commented at once being interested and inquiring the price.

The price is...  $700 per month!

Someone commented that this is a nice price, quote unquote, ( I don't know, hope this is a joke).

Then now another guy is commenting that he is renting space for $246 per month for 10x20x8 storage space.

Now I see another comment that someone is interested but is willing to share the space with someone because he does not need as much space.

Goodness, just throw away your crap and save $700 per month, lol

P.S. OMG, the space which turned out to be 900sf is already taken by someone! That was quick! Oh, what a waste and I am happy for the smart guy who rented out his space and got money for someone's staff!

I would totally pay $700 per month for 900sf. As it is I pay $800 per month for 635sf.

....oh wait, you didn't mean a whole apartment??

Digital Dogma

• Bristles
« Reply #5166 on: September 14, 2016, 01:38:56 PM »
So then who does use pick up trucks? Actually use, not just drive around?

My in-laws live in a rural area so they have to haul their own trash to the dump instead of having a pick up service, aside from that I don't know what they use their pick up bed for regularly.

I used to use light pickups (Tacoma, Ranger) to haul loads of logs out of the woods down skidder trails when I was doing a lot of logging and tree work. We'd use a 4X4 tractor to load the thickest part of the trunk into an F550, then all the limbs would go into the light pickup, and everything small would get chipped with the PTO mounted woodchipper. It would save us hours of time hauling sticks with a 4X4 tractor or F550 dump truck when thats not necessary at all.

We'd take it all over the road for 20 miles to our house where we'd burn it for heat in our wood stove over the winter.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #5167 on: September 14, 2016, 02:12:45 PM »

My in-laws live in a rural area so they have to haul their own trash to the dump instead of having a pick up service, aside from that I don't know what they use their pick up bed for regularly.

I have an F-250 and use it for towing a horse trailer and moving loads of landscaping rock and bringing home horse manure to compost.  Has also come in handy for hauling loads to the dump.

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5168 on: September 14, 2016, 02:36:16 PM »
DW's family uses an "entry level truck" for some light farming. The 4 wheel drive necessary for the mud and crossing a river, and it barely ever sees paved roads. The truck bed is used to haul stuff farm stuff around, and feed animals. They recently bought a 5 year old Silverado for $15k to replace a beat up 1981 Ford that finally died. It's not used for heavy hauling- they bring industrial-grade machinery and people who do this for a living for that. For their use cases, nothing beats the versatility of a pickup truck.

You're right, they are literally the only people I have ever met in person with an actual need for a truck. 99% of truck owners don't need it. Everyone who rationalizes it by hauling a dishwasher twice a year is fooling themselves.

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5169 on: September 14, 2016, 02:39:08 PM »
I do the smaller versions of those tasks with a tiny trailer and a grocery getter CUV. Carried home 750 lbs of brick this week.

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
  • Location: A desert wasteland, where none but the weird survive
« Reply #5170 on: September 14, 2016, 03:05:22 PM »
I learned to drive on a 1963 Dodge Fargo 3-on-the-tree that my dad and I restored, and later he traded it in for a Mazda truck with a topper. Nothing special, definitely not a 4x4, but with enough clearance for dirt road driving and enough carrying capacity to do what we needed to do.

The trucks came in handy because at the time I was doing a lot of youth sports coaching and work related to a high school band and drama department. I had to carry a bunch of sports equipment, musical instruments, costumes, and props around and they would not physically fit into a car. A CUV or SUV might have worked, but they hadn't been invented yet. The closest available vehicles on the market were hatchbacks and station wagons, which simply didn't have enough height. I also used the truck occasionally to go on fishing trips with my dad. That required a fair bit of off-road activity but not 4x4. We also periodically used the truck to take things to the dump, to get things to and from the auction house where my dad liked to hang out, and to dispose of yard waste. We lived on an acreage and there was always something to move or haul. Overall I'd say we used the truck for things a car couldn't accomplish at least three times per week.

My mom's family are all farmers and ranchers. They use work trucks on a daily basis to feed livestock. They use a cylinder bale system that can carry two bales at a time. I briefly tried to imagine a system like that mounted to a car just for the lulz.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5171 on: September 14, 2016, 04:25:46 PM »

We did, building our house, though a dually F350 is wasted hauling lumber. Not wasted hauling gravel, though.

Now, though, we need 4wd (if we want to get to our house when it rains) but not necessarily a truck bed. We've been trying to sell the F350 off and on, but it isn't running well and was a $1500 truck when we bought it years ago.  I think we may buy husband a smaller truck for his next vehicle, though - since we have to have the 4wd and thus pay for the fuel for a 4wd, no reason not to have a truck bed. We can haul passengers as needed in my 4wd SUV.

TexasRunner

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5172 on: September 14, 2016, 04:43:35 PM »

We did, building our house, though a dually F350 is wasted hauling lumber. Not wasted hauling gravel, though.

Now, though, we need 4wd (if we want to get to our house when it rains) but not necessarily a truck bed. We've been trying to sell the F350 off and on, but it isn't running well and was a $1500 truck when we bought it years ago.  I think we may buy husband a smaller truck for his next vehicle, though - since we have to have the 4wd and thus pay for the fuel for a 4wd, no reason not to have a truck bed. We can haul passengers as needed in my 4wd SUV.

I'm not sure many here would argue with a 1500$ truck that is used regularly for its intended purpose....   My coworkers, however, each have trucks over 20,000$.  One of them has one loaded out with all the options for 78,000$.  In ten years that could have been 153,000 but is going to be a 30,000$ resell (maybe).

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5173 on: September 14, 2016, 04:50:02 PM »
We've hauled all sorts of things in our wagon recently.

Picked up a recliner and lovseat (both individually fit into it, though tight) and also a couch (stuck out about a foot out the back).

Other than another couch which was too high, though it barely fit into the SUV the person we bought it from had, too, I cannot think of a single other instance in the past 5 years where I would have rather had a truck.

bebegirl

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Sleepless in
« Reply #5174 on: September 14, 2016, 05:07:09 PM »

I would totally pay $700 per month for 900sf. As it is I pay $800 per month for 635sf.

Well the space advertised looked like real storage area - cold, dark, concrete, without windows. This is specifically to keep staff or whatever. This is not an apartment ))

LeRainDrop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5175 on: September 14, 2016, 05:25:47 PM »

Well the space advertised looked like real storage area - cold, dark, concrete, without windows. This is specifically to keep staff or whatever. This is not an apartment ))

Wait, you would keep your *staff* in a cold, dark, concrete room, without windows????  You are a really mean boss.

bebegirl

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Sleepless in
« Reply #5176 on: September 14, 2016, 05:45:33 PM »

Wait, you would keep your *staff* in a cold, dark, concrete room, without windows????  You are a really mean boss.

lol, sorry, I meant STUFF  ! My spelling is not good. Especially if I do not check vocabulary ))

AlanStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5177 on: September 14, 2016, 06:05:08 PM »
I saw this truck on my ride home today; was on my bicycle so had the camera rolling.  New dually truck, not one scratch on it, actually got a cool reflected picture of myself from the tail gate.  Somehow I think the owner would be pissed if actual dirt got on it.  But maybe he needs it to pull a fifth wheel once a year - i dont know.  Licence place was something like "Navy 123" so I am guessing his full time job is not cowboy or oil well machinery hauler.

I have actual cowboy family members that have dually trucks for work, but they drive p.o.s four door cars around town.

TexasRunner

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5178 on: September 14, 2016, 06:14:26 PM »
I have actual cowboy family members that have dually trucks for work, but they drive p.o.s four door cars around town.

Thats generally how you know they actually use it.  :)

Kitsune

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5179 on: September 14, 2016, 07:03:47 PM »

This. Our immediate family has 4 households in the village, with 2 pickup trucks between them. I think the youngest one is hitting 20, and how the bumper is staying on with that rust is beyond me. However, we use it to haul dirt/gravel/wood/construction materials/large rocks for landscaping, and were borrow ping it again next week to hitch a trailer to it to take the sheep to the butcher. While our Fit is great, it is incapable of lugging a trailer full of sheep up a hill.

... Honestly, I'm pretty sure neither truck could be sold for more than 1k, but the extended family chips in for maintenance and we put gas in when we use it. It's very useful communal property in a rural area.

Damned if I know what people with huge expensive new trucks are doing with them, though. :)

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5180 on: September 15, 2016, 11:23:32 AM »
Guy I lived with bought a truck because he's a big guy and didn't like how his sedan felt. I tried to discourage him due to the price and the cost of gas. He shrugged the gas cost because his current car is a Caddy and so it required premium, plus has terrible gas mileage. So now he has a truck, can't recall which brand, but now is unhappy because of the gas mileage and the fact that it doesn't fit in his garage so he's going to have to park on the driveway all year round....we live in Minnesota.

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
  • Location: A desert wasteland, where none but the weird survive
« Reply #5181 on: September 15, 2016, 11:33:37 AM »

For those who allow themselves the luxury of owning and insuring multiple vehicles, sure. Most people have to get by with one vehicle that can do all, or nearly all, of what they have to do to get through their day. If they need to haul both kids and hay bales, that truck is going to have an extended cab. It doesn't mean they buy it new, and it doesn't mean they don't maintain what they have.

Cyaphas

• Bristles
« Reply #5182 on: September 15, 2016, 03:07:59 PM »
The truck contrast between Wisonsin and Southern California is hilarious to almost obscenity. When I was living in San Bernardino you'd constantly see 5" sky lifts with smoked ut lights and some ungodly Steel bumper/structure add ons. Let's not leave out the giant inefficient, stupidly loud, Mud tires. These trucks haven't seen a spec of dirt since they rolled off the lot.

In contrast, when my GF of the time and I took a road trip back to Wisconsin, there were trucks everywhere, not one had a lift or smoked mirrors, they all had some form of mud on them. A lot had bull bars or headache racks. Almost everyone of those trucks were worked every day.

It seems like just another example of how audacious LA really is. The hypocrisy, flamboyance and utter waste of Southern CA is one of the reasons I laugh when anyone refers to CA as Progressive. As if by progress they're referring to Dante's Inferno.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 05:53:02 PM by Cyaphas »

frooglepoodle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5183 on: September 15, 2016, 04:42:04 PM »
The truck contrast between Wisonsin and Southern California is hilarious to almost obscenity. When I was living in San Bernardino you'd constantly see 5" sky lifts with smoked ut lights and some ungodly Steel bumper/structure add ons. Let's not leave out the giant inefficient, stupidly loud, Mud tires. These trucks haven't seen a spec of dirt since they rolled off the lot.

In contrast, when my GF of the time and I took a road trip back to Wisconsin, there were trucks everywhere, not one had a lift or smoked mirrors, they all had some form of mud on them. A lot had bull bars or headache racks. Almost everyone of those trucks were worked every day.

It seems like just another example of how audacious LA really is. The hypocrisy, flamboyance and utter waste of Southern CA is one of the reasons I laugh when anyone refers to CA as Progressive. If by progress they referring to Dante's Inferno.

As a Southern CA native, the bolded perfectly sums up why I have no desire to raise my own children there.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5184 on: September 16, 2016, 02:03:33 AM »

But inflation is a modern trend, in the past 100 years or so..

Pooperman

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5185 on: September 16, 2016, 05:13:57 AM »

Federal reserve and the thought that slight inflation is good for the economy because debts will be easier to pay off. It is also the reason that the gold standard had to end.

Apples

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5186 on: September 16, 2016, 06:27:13 AM »

For those who allow themselves the luxury of owning and insuring multiple vehicles, sure. Most people have to get by with one vehicle that can do all, or nearly all, of what they have to do to get through their day. If they need to haul both kids and hay bales, that truck is going to have an extended cab. It doesn't mean they buy it new, and it doesn't mean they don't maintain what they have.

+1.  I work on my family's farm, and my work truck - at work - is used to haul people, tools, ladders in the bed, parts, etc.  I have the full cab and a 6 ft bed.  No, it's not as good at the 8 foot bed, but 6' men don't like trying to fit in the back seat of an extended cab.  My DH and I also have an SUV (was my 16th birthday present, next vehicle will be a car) that he drives into town for work.  So sometimes my truck and I go on errands into town that would be facepunch-worthy, except it's not worth buying a second vehicle so that we have 3 cars sitting in our driveway.  In the future my work truck will have car seats in the back seat when I go pick up the kids after work. 

AlanStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5187 on: September 16, 2016, 06:28:47 AM »

Federal reserve and the thought that slight inflation is good for the economy because debts will be easier to pay off. It is also the reason that the gold standard had to end.

I started to look up average rates of return for way back then and quickly saw it to be a deep rabbit hole I did not want to step into on a friday morning when I should be working....  As a quick hack I split the time period in 'half'.

From 1776 to 1900, an initial investment of 0.01$ at 2% yields 0.12$
From 1900 to 2016, an initial investment of 0.12$ at 7% yields 307.4$

Crazy how interest rates and time do that.

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5188 on: September 16, 2016, 02:00:03 PM »

My aunt did when she worked with marine mammals and then when she worked for homeland security (they have an animal division for emergency response).  I now own the truck because she no longer works for those groups and I needed a new to me car.  I don't use it for much, except my husband uses it for hockey travel.

MudDuck

• Stubble
« Reply #5189 on: September 16, 2016, 02:38:37 PM »
Posted in a FB budgeting advice & support group:

"I would really like to get a new car. The one I have is 16 years old and is starting to have issues. I REALLY don't want to have to pay a car payment but I would like a reliable car. How can I do this? Time frame I'm shooting for is 9 months to a year away..."

slugline

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5190 on: September 16, 2016, 03:27:11 PM »

"I would really like to get a new car. The one I have is 16 years old and is starting to have issues. I REALLY don't want to have to pay a car payment but I would like a reliable car. How can I do this? Time frame I'm shooting for is 9 months to a year away..."

Sounds like they want another car . . . but don't want to pay for it. Please let us know what the hivemind recommends!

merula

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5191 on: September 18, 2016, 04:57:12 PM »

Sounds like they want another car . . . but don't want to pay for it. Please let us know what the hivemind recommends!

Sounds to me like this belongs in the anti-antimustachian Facebook thread. Person drives a car into the ground, is looking for a used car and wants to know what they need to save in the next 9 months to get there.

MudDuck

• Stubble
« Reply #5192 on: September 19, 2016, 08:21:07 AM »

Sounds to me like this belongs in the anti-antimustachian Facebook thread. Person drives a car into the ground, is looking for a used car and wants to know what they need to save in the next 9 months to get there.

The spirit is definitely mustachian... it's the execution. Somebody recommended that she save money by making a "car payment" to her savings account each month, but the next response was, "I find it impossible to save as well for the same reason. For some reason we can always pay off debt for a purchase though." (The same reason refers to a remark upthread stating that no matter how hard she tries to save, "Something is always coming up that takes it.")

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5193 on: September 19, 2016, 08:43:18 AM »
They need to take that car payment and put it elsewhere - another account. Make it harder to access. And more commitment to the cause of being car payment free.

slugline

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5194 on: September 19, 2016, 08:54:09 AM »
The spirit is definitely mustachian... it's the execution. Somebody recommended that she save money by making a "car payment" to her savings account each month, but the next response was, "I find it impossible to save as well for the same reason. For some reason we can always pay off debt for a purchase though." (The same reason refers to a remark upthread stating that no matter how hard she tries to save, "Something is always coming up that takes it.")

In these cases, I have to believe that there's some mental block that is crippling the person's ability to think about and plan for the future.

MrMoogle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5195 on: September 19, 2016, 01:26:58 PM »
A friend posted this on facebook:
https://vimeo.com/176370337?ref=fb-share&1

Not really antimustachian.  I thought it was interesting.

VladTheImpaler

• Stubble
« Reply #5196 on: September 19, 2016, 08:21:39 PM »
A friend posted this on facebook:
https://vimeo.com/176370337?ref=fb-share&1

Not really antimustachian.  I thought it was interesting.

Thank you for sharing that video!
Very cool quotes, kinda blew my mind.

Mississippi Mudstache

• Handlebar Stache
    • A Riving Home - Ramblings of a Recusant Woodworker
« Reply #5197 on: September 28, 2016, 02:31:57 PM »
One of my female friends just put this on Facebook. What the ever-loving fuck?

Tjat

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5198 on: September 28, 2016, 02:40:04 PM »
Part of my extended family is what I'd call Appalachian Baptist. I went to two of their weddings and the entire homily (not sure if that's a baptist word) and vows were in the spirit of the above. As an 8 year old at the time, I found it quite hilarious. Looking back, it's a bit sad.

frooglepoodle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5199 on: September 28, 2016, 05:12:26 PM »
I know a surprising number of young women who feel that way, it seems to be a fairly common sentiment among conservative Christians.

I put a reasonable amount of effort into making life easier for my husband. When he is working a lot I picked up quite a bit of slack around the house. But he also makes sure I get a break on the weekends or when his schedule allows during the week. It's called teamwork. And I'll be damned if I don't expect him to do some chores when he is able to!