Author Topic: Overheard on Facebook  (Read 6082602 times)

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
Re: Overheard on Facebook
« Reply #150 on: January 23, 2014, 12:35:18 AM »
I was talking with my kids about Disneyland and was considering taking them a few years ago.  They lead pretty sheltered lives, so they asked me what it was like.  After I said it was a big place with a bunch of rides, but you had to stand in line a lot, and pay a lot for mediocre food, and there were a ton of people there, and you had to walk like half a mile from the parking lot to the front entrance, and that many of the visitors were cranky and tired and stressed (<- those are from my Disney memories)...they decided they didn't want to go.

We did go to Sea World / San Diego a few years later and that was pretty fun.

One thing that amazed me about Disneyland as an adult... it's REALLY small.  Like less than a half-mile across.

galliver

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #151 on: January 23, 2014, 12:36:35 AM »
I've always enjoyed myself more at amusement parks (focused on rides) rather than theme parks. Been to Disneyland once...no, twice as a kid...it was ok but overrated and the lines were long. I much preferred Legoland, our local Great America, and Six Flags Marine World. I never understood the point of paying an admission fee to then do other things you have to pay for like eat, shop, or play those carnival games (and don't know anyone that does that, really, so I have no one to ask!). Or hang out/take pictures with the creepy costumed characters. The one exception is I might go to the Harry Potter park if I'm in the area (again). Maybe. See what they did with the place...

Sea World was great when I was 10, but I don't think I could go again after watching Blackfish :( Sorry(ish) in advance if you watch that movie and it ruins Sea World for you.

Gen Y Finance Journey

• Stubble
« Reply #152 on: January 23, 2014, 09:39:29 AM »
I've always enjoyed myself more at amusement parks (focused on rides) rather than theme parks.

I agree wholeheartedly, amusement parks are awesome! As a kid, every vacation my family went on was planned around a trip to an amusement park. I have been to amusement parks up and down the east coast!

So I was incredibly disappointed in the quality of rides when I went to Disney World. I genuinely cannot understand why adults go to Disneyland/world. Ridiculously expensive, long lines, tons of unruly kids, overpriced mediocre food (unless you go to one of the really nice restaurants, then it's overpriced decent food), and mediocre rides. Why would I go there when I could take a day trip to any number of amusement parks for a fraction of the cost and get to go on a bunch of great rides?

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #153 on: January 23, 2014, 09:49:12 AM »
I've always enjoyed myself more at amusement parks (focused on rides) rather than theme parks.

I agree wholeheartedly, amusement parks are awesome! As a kid, every vacation my family went on was planned around a trip to an amusement park. I have been to amusement parks up and down the east coast!

So I was incredibly disappointed in the quality of rides when I went to Disney World. I genuinely cannot understand why adults go to Disneyland/world. Ridiculously expensive, long lines, tons of unruly kids, overpriced mediocre food (unless you go to one of the really nice restaurants, then it's overpriced decent food), and mediocre rides. Why would I go there when I could take a day trip to any number of amusement parks for a fraction of the cost and get to go on a bunch of great rides?

When we went to Disneyland it was financed by my inlaws (thanks inlaws!) they took 15+ some people. They are frugal people so even thought it was a once in a lifetime event, the family shared digs at a nice but not over the top motel. We had rules for lunches and dinners such as "no drinks" because that's what piles on $$$ to a tab. It was very sensible.

Anyway, DH and I decided to escape the mediocre food and made reservations at the Castle, at the time perhaps the most high end restaurant on the grounds. And it WAS high end and STILL mediocre and everything STILL tasted of salt.

CommonCents

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #154 on: January 23, 2014, 10:19:04 AM »

You know pregnancy shoots are common now too, don't you?

But before that yet after the wedding is the "Trash the Dress" shoot. Google it, you won't like it! haha  :)

New side hustle: conception shoots.

That just might be the next yuppie craze. I'm serious - I'm pretty sure some people would go for that.

hard to make money though if your competition will do it for free...

Imagine a professional photographer marketing themselves with a photoshoot of a couple models in "artful" positions, focusing on them kissing or something with the actual nudity obscured by the bokeh/shadows. I'm telling you, could be the next yuppie craze.

Done singly, this is boudoir shot, which the bride usually does to give to the groom as a gift.  Of course, it's accompanied by a need for hair, makeup and new outfits...

Dr.Vibrissae

• Bristles
« Reply #155 on: January 23, 2014, 12:00:39 PM »
One thing that amazed me about Disneyland as an adult... it's REALLY small.  Like less than a half-mile across.

This was my exact reaction.  I never went as a kid, I had a chance to go in college and was disappointed that I didn't choose another Orlando park with better rides.  That castle they always show is not even a real building you can enter, it's more like a glorified gate.

ritchie70

• Bristles
« Reply #156 on: January 23, 2014, 12:22:12 PM »

This was my exact reaction.  I never went as a kid, I had a chance to go in college and was disappointed that I didn't choose another Orlando park with better rides.  That castle they always show is not even a real building you can enter, it's more like a glorified gate.

You're confusing Disneyland (California) and Disney World Magic Kingdom (Florida.)

The Magic Kingdom was the original Disney Florida theme park, and it is significantly bigger than Disneyland in California. My first Disney theme park experiences were in Florida and I was really surprised how cramped and small Disneyland feels when I visited it 5 or so years ago.

At various times there have been gift shops and restaurants in the castle, but yes, it's mostly decorative and the gate to Fantasyland.

To touch on what started this whole thread, if I lived in Orlando, I would totally have a season pass to Disney. Some of those times I went there I was an adult and I went alone and had a great time. It's a lot more fun if you can just wander and stop and do what you want, when you want, without worrying about what other people want to do. Even if that's spending an hour or two eating Japanese fast food and drinking Japanese beer at Epcot or marveling at the guy in the Tigger suit who can manage to do a handspring with that giant head on!

There really isn't that much for an adult at Magic Kingdom, though. Any of the other three Disney parks in Florida would be a better choice.

poxpower

• Bristles
  • Retired at 35
    • thepoxbox.com
« Reply #157 on: January 23, 2014, 12:34:39 PM »
Some guy called me a troll on Facebook because I said I paid less than 400$/month in rent and that it was possible to live on 15 000$ a year easily.

Him and several other people got mad at this suggestion, saying you'd have to live like a poor person to achieve this ( even after I showed them my budget for a year and that it was well under 15k ). They retorted with "Yeah but what worked for you might not work for everyone!!".

Yeah it won't work for you if you don't do any work whatsoever and keep wasting money, you dumbasses. Instead of listening and trying to understand, they went on about how I must have forgotten some costs in there like 15k is basically poverty and then what about catastrophes and etc.etc. Just pathetic excuse after excuse so they don't have to admit they waste money.

One guy didn't even know about compound interest, he just counted money you'd make over 10 years as your salaryx10. Didn't even occur to him that you invest the money.

God people are stupid. These are all college-educated guys, one is even a teacher doing his PH.D on social injustices. LOL. Morons. These are the same people who constantly blame the government and the corporations for all the ills of the world while wasting MASSIVE, MASSIVE sums of money and being defensive when told. Just absolute idiots and they fancy themselves intellectuals.

AllChoptUp

• Stubble
« Reply #158 on: January 23, 2014, 01:13:48 PM »
On the subject of getting professional photo shoots, I know a young military family that gets them for every pregnancy (on third one now), every childs' birthday (cake smash), every return from deployment and is planning one for valentines day.  Oh, and a "gender reveal" session for the one in the oven.  All photos are posted to facebook.

Kind of a stunning mix of anti-mustachianism and narcissism.

milkshaken

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #159 on: January 23, 2014, 01:15:05 PM »
God people are stupid. These are all college-educated guys, one is even a teacher doing his PH.D on social injustices. LOL. Morons. These are the same people who constantly blame the government and the corporations for all the ills of the world while wasting MASSIVE, MASSIVE sums of money and being defensive when told. Just absolute idiots and they fancy themselves intellectuals.

I have the same problem with my overeducated Facebook friends list to the point where I regularly consider giving it up entirely. I live in the Bay Area and our transit system has gone on strike a couple of times in the last year.  Whenever it happens my news feed erupts into series of posts about how BART workers don't make a living wage, etc.  I'm not anti-union and I support fair wages for everyone, but when people (who I usually really like and respect) are linking to articles (like this one: https://missionlocal.org/2013/10/bart-strikes-end-but-workers-still-fight-for-a-living-wage/) about how a base pay of $61,000 a year (that's $122,000 annually for a two income household!) isn't a "living wage" I have a really hard time restraining myself.  If that's not a living wage then how the hell am I managing to make it here with approximately a 40% savings rate?  What are these people spending their money on?

NumberCruncher

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #160 on: January 23, 2014, 01:27:53 PM »
Some guy called me a troll on Facebook because I said I paid less than 400$/month in rent and that it was possible to live on 15 000$ a year easily.

Man, major props. In my area $400/month/person for rent may be doable if you have a lot of roommates (actually, my husband was able to have that while in grad school...though the place was kinda sketchy with really old wiring and pretty much no owner maintenance...)

Have you posted your budget somewhere? It'd be good motivation for me (and others) to trim more!

fantabulous

• Bristles
    • My Crappy Little Blog
« Reply #161 on: January 23, 2014, 05:56:52 PM »
On the subject of getting professional photo shoots, I know a young military family that gets them for every pregnancy (on third one now), every childs' birthday (cake smash), every return from deployment and is planning one for valentines day.  Oh, and a "gender reveal" session for the one in the oven.  All photos are posted to facebook.

Having a professional do the photo shoots seems a bit excessive, but I wonder if the couple's reasoning is more the fear of the deployed partner being killed rather than narcissism. Or more generally that the deployed partner is missing out on a number of these events.

Eric

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #162 on: January 23, 2014, 06:19:58 PM »

I'm really surprised that anyone would get defensive when you state your case so calmly and rationally like that.  Amazing!

poxpower

• Bristles
  • Retired at 35
    • thepoxbox.com
« Reply #163 on: January 23, 2014, 07:45:54 PM »

Have you posted your budget somewhere? It'd be good motivation for me (and others) to trim more!

yep : )
tons of waste too and the idiots couldn't buy the 15k figure anyway.
http://www.thepoxbox.com/challenges.php?id=spentmoney

rocksinmyhead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #164 on: January 24, 2014, 06:55:42 AM »

I'm really surprised that anyone would get defensive when you state your case so calmly and rationally like that.  Amazing!

LOL +1

Rollin

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #165 on: January 24, 2014, 09:04:41 AM »
My brother and his wife have season passes to Disneyland.  I get pics on FB at least twice a week of my niece in princess dresses at the park.  They have fun with it, but good grief...I can't imagine.   We went there once with our kids and that was plenty. 

This is my brother who lost his house due to foreclosure.  I wish I could shake some sense into him.

If I lived close to a park, you bet your ass I'd get a season pass (in retirement).  I'd definitely get my money's worth!

Unless you plan on packing in your food you had better bring a lot of extra cash.  It certainly is not cheap to eat there.  Also, for the original poster there are lots of dollars going out for the costumes, snacks, toys, etc.  I see it as a giant mall - especially EPCOT.

Undecided

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #166 on: January 24, 2014, 09:21:45 AM »

If it didn't have any relevance to some existing prompt, I could see how that's trolling.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #167 on: January 24, 2014, 10:39:26 AM »
My brother and his wife have season passes to Disneyland.  I get pics on FB at least twice a week of my niece in princess dresses at the park.  They have fun with it, but good grief...I can't imagine.   We went there once with our kids and that was plenty. 

This is my brother who lost his house due to foreclosure.  I wish I could shake some sense into him.

If I lived close to a park, you bet your ass I'd get a season pass (in retirement).  I'd definitely get my money's worth!

Unless you plan on packing in your food you had better bring a lot of extra cash.  It certainly is not cheap to eat there.  Also, for the original poster there are lots of dollars going out for the costumes, snacks, toys, etc.  I see it as a giant mall - especially EPCOT.

Oh I better you say?  The good thing about a pass is you can wander in for a couple hours at a non-peak day/time and then go home for dinner.  You don't have to worry about making the most out of every last second you spend in the park. 

Also, some people only eat one or two meals a day.

Albert

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #168 on: January 24, 2014, 11:29:58 AM »
Somehow amusement parks and theme parks don't attract me at all. I don't think I'd go more than once even if it was for free. California in particular has so many more interesting attractions. If I were living  there I'd buy an annual national parks pass instead.

poxpower

• Bristles
  • Retired at 35
    • thepoxbox.com
« Reply #169 on: January 24, 2014, 12:23:16 PM »
If it didn't have any relevance to some existing prompt, I could see how that's trolling.

Well obviously it was me replying to something he posted on his FB. :p

He was going on about systemic injustices, wealth inequality and corporate greed etc. etc. and I just pointed out that on the average Canadian salary, you could retire with a million bucks in the bank after 20 years of work, despite our 30% income tax and 15% sales tax rate here in Quebec, thus suggesting that perhaps the systemic inequalities weren't THAT BAD and that MAYBE individuals could be to blame instead of the evil "rich people" and "corporations" that guy and his friends are all always shitting on.

I bet you all have a couple of those on FB. Trendy people living the good life in their fancy loft and shiny new clothes, sipping microbrews, traveling abroad and buying show tickets like it was going out of style, but then complaining about not receiving enough government handouts and free education etc.

I suggested that you have two options: Wait for politicians to stop being crooked, or take responsibility for your own finances.

lol

Lol obviously that wasn't the tone I used but it certainly was his, even though he only joined in the original conversation to attack me. I had no idea who that guy was actually. :p

No debating tactic really succeeds in convincing the opposing side, that's a fairly well-know fact. You only need to be there to introduce new ideas into the community and then have people slowly come to realize you were right after they let the ideas stew in their heads for a while.

So hopefully a few people clicked the MMM links I posted in that conversation and are now on their way to financial badassness while those other college educated armchair philosophers struggle with car payments all the while spending 5$ for a cup of equitable coffee every morning on their way to earn that sweet sweet History degree that will unlock so many doors in the local grocery bagging market.

MustachianAccountant

• Bristles
« Reply #170 on: January 24, 2014, 02:03:23 PM »
I was told before I die I had to go to disney.

That's awesome!  Don't go.  Live forever.

LOL! "The legends state that the fountain of youth is in Florida. However, the exact opposite is the case. You must STAY AWAY from Florida!!"

AllChoptUp

• Stubble
« Reply #171 on: January 26, 2014, 01:29:58 PM »

Having a professional do the photo shoots seems a bit excessive, but I wonder if the couple's reasoning is more the fear of the deployed partner being killed rather than narcissism. Or more generally that the deployed partner is missing out on a number of these events.

So far the mil member has been in all but one of the photo shoots. I understand your reasoning though. 

exranger06

• Stubble
« Reply #172 on: January 26, 2014, 02:42:00 PM »
Here is a friend's FB status I just copied and pasted: "Need opinions: Is it worth it to move to New Haven, slightly over an hour commute and expensive rent, but walking distance to all main bars and restaurants and surrounded by people my age? Currently living for very cheap next to work in Groton but... This is no mans land for a single young professional. Is it worth it?"

Fireman

• Bristles
« Reply #173 on: January 26, 2014, 02:47:16 PM »
Here is a friend's FB status I just copied and pasted: "Need opinions: Is it worth it to move to New Haven, slightly over an hour commute and expensive rent, but walking distance to all main bars and restaurants and surrounded by people my age? Currently living for very cheap next to work in Groton but... This is no mans land for a single young professional. Is it worth it?"

I see both sides.  Certainly, moving further from work to pay more for rent so you can be social and spend more money eating and drinking out is very unmustachian.  It's hard to see the other side but perhaps you could suggest they find a job in New Haven.  That's the best alternative I can think of.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #174 on: January 26, 2014, 03:32:19 PM »

I see both sides.  Certainly, moving further from work to pay more for rent so you can be social and spend more money eating and drinking out is very unmustachian.  It's hard to see the other side but perhaps you could suggest they find a job in New Haven.  That's the best alternative I can think of.

Yeah live where you work vs live where you love argument.  I can see both sides. 

Kira

• Stubble
« Reply #175 on: January 28, 2014, 04:39:48 PM »

Yeah live where you work vs live where you love argument.  I can see both sides.

Well, you are much more motivated to go to work than to go out and socialize. If it's difficult to get out and socialize, you won't do it much. But you've got to show up for work whether you like it or not as long as you're still working. I would vote for moving to someplace that offers more stuff to go out and do, though I would try to find it closer than an hour from work. I am sure it is not a complete social desert other than New Haven.

rocksinmyhead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #176 on: January 28, 2014, 04:46:50 PM »

Well, you are much more motivated to go to work than to go out and socialize. If it's difficult to get out and socialize, you won't do it much. But you've got to show up for work whether you like it or not as long as you're still working. I would vote for moving to someplace that offers more stuff to go out and do, though I would try to find it closer than an hour from work. I am sure it is not a complete social desert other than New Haven.

out of curiosity, I google-mapped it. if he is talking about Groton, CT, I have a hard time believing it is total "no mans land for a single young professional." there look to be a bunch of bars and restaurants both in Groton and the adjacent town of New London, not to mention a fucking beautiful looking seaside state park! shit, I'd move there.

Jack

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #177 on: January 28, 2014, 06:19:51 PM »

Man, major props. In my area $400/month/person for rent may be doable if you have a lot of roommates (actually, my husband was able to have that while in grad school...though the place was kinda sketchy with really old wiring and pretty much no owner maintenance...)

$400/person/month is more than the mortgage payment (including taxes and insurance) on my 3-bedroom house in Atlanta...

[I live] in the Bay Area and our transit system has gone on strike a couple of times... [they have a] base pay of $61,000 a year

...but the trade-off is that apparently I, as an entry-level computer programmer, don't get paid much more than a Bay Area transit worker.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #178 on: January 28, 2014, 06:32:55 PM »

$400/person/month is more than the mortgage payment (including taxes and insurance) on my 3-bedroom house in Atlanta...

[I live] in the Bay Area and our transit system has gone on strike a couple of times... [they have a] base pay of $61,000 a year

...but the trade-off is that apparently I, as an entry-level computer programmer, don't get paid much more than a Bay Area transit worker.

The trains are, by the way, designed to be run by the computer.  The BART "conductors" are basically a safety backup.

Random Hangers

• Stubble
  • I'm Christine, nice to meetcha
« Reply #179 on: January 29, 2014, 09:42:32 AM »
Oh I better you say?  The good thing about a pass is you can wander in for a couple hours at a non-peak day/time and then go home for dinner.  You don't have to worry about making the most out of every last second you spend in the park.

Agree. And there are counter service places where the food is at least a little less obscenely priced.

To avoid the cost of annual passes in retirement, make friends with people who do, and they'll get you in with their comp passes. :-) Or...work a few hours a month in the parks and be able to get in for free whenever you'd like, as well as discounts on dining and lodging, should you want to do that.

Not terribly mustachian, but my husband and I are life-long Disney lovers, so we actually got married on Disney property. He got a menial weekend job there for a few months in advance, which as a cast member knocked the price down of the wedding itself, the lodging for us and our out-of-town guests, and tickets for all of us. Our entire wedding, from the dress, rings and photography to the week-long Disney honeymoon and paying for a couple of dinners for said out-of-town guests, was under $8k.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 06:33:31 AM by Random Hangers »

ScienceSexSavings

• Stubble
« Reply #180 on: January 29, 2014, 08:13:17 PM »
A girl I went to school with a few years ago had a long-standing reputation of being cheap. Not frugal, but the wasteful in the long run, complain about acceptable costs while spending on silly things kind of cheap. Earlier this year she started making posts about how hard her life is, how broke she is, etc. In late 2013 she announced that she was moving back in with her mom until she finishes school in the spring (she's from an area with no schools, but is on work placements this semester). Shortly after that her car died and she posted photos of a snazzy 2011 something or other. Now she's looking for people to travel with over spring break - I was hoping it would be small-scale, local travel but nope, we're talking tourist traps "down south," Disney, that kind of thing. And yes, she has tens of thousands in student loans coming due in a matter of months! I'm glad we don't see each other anymore, if this is what's on Facebook, I can't imagine the gems coming out of her mouth candidly.

Melody

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #181 on: January 30, 2014, 05:09:40 AM »
A friend posted that their lease was being terminated in May or June 2014 as the landlord was selling the house and that they'd better get their security deposit back or they'd be homeless.

To put it into perspective HH income is $1200 a week, rent $400 a week. They have something like 16 weeks to save $1600. WTF? And every time I've made gentle suggestions (trading down the car, going on a pre-paid phone plan etc) these have been met with a "I have to have an Iphone, I have to have a super fancy pants car" etc etc. 

DocCyane

• Bristles
  • Keep going. You're doing just fine.
« Reply #182 on: January 30, 2014, 06:05:44 AM »
A friend on Facebook asked for donations to send her youngest son to a gifted student program costing $3000. She had asked her father for it and he refused. I know they are bad with finances, but it's tough to get the begging request for a kid when not a week earlier I helped her troubleshoot her new iPad. They don't see a connection.

I put $10 in the pot for the kid, but it don't intend to make such donations a regular thing.

Half-Borg

• Bristles
« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2014, 05:06:09 AM »
Friend of mine is asking on Facebook if he should preorder an BMW i8 or buy an Audi RS6.
Stupid question: Audis are much better than BMWs, everybody knows that!

Also, what a stupid show-off.

Eric

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2014, 10:54:36 AM »
Friend of mine is asking on Facebook if he should preorder an BMW i8 or buy an Audi RS6.

Why not both?  What is he, poor?

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2014, 01:19:53 PM »
Why not Zoidberg?

lifejoy

• Magnum Stache
  • Lovin' the Mustachian life!
    • Not Buying This
« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2014, 02:09:15 PM »

Why not both?  What is he, poor?

LOL

chucklesmcgee

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #187 on: January 31, 2014, 03:57:28 PM »

I think he should put $40,000 down in cash right now so he can wait a year and be one of the first to receive a Tesla Model X.

imustachemystash

• Bristles
« Reply #188 on: January 31, 2014, 10:52:43 PM »
Here's one:
"Turning up the heat while laying on the couch is the best, love having an app for that!"

yahui168

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #189 on: February 06, 2014, 05:07:28 PM »

I own VEU ETF which holds both BMW and Volkswagen. Please tell your friend that either one is a fine choice, but as Eric noted, a true enthusiast should opt for both. And of course, a lease option will be the best way to live life to the fullest. Your friend can contact me directly for a "portfolio" of luxury brand recommendations that will complete his/her life. Cheers.

adesertsky

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #190 on: February 06, 2014, 07:06:49 PM »
A friend of mine worked in retail for 10 years and recently got a new customer service job.  She makes a low wage and has never saved anything.  In the midst of this switch, she did not realize/think about the gap from the last paycheck (weekly) and the new one (every other week), which resulted in her running out of money.

So in order to get some quick cash, and I'll at least admit this is creative, she launched a campaign on facebook to raise money that is like a Kickstarter campaign (send $5 and you'll get a mix tape, send $25 and you'll get such and such, etc).  I dunno, if people want to do that, I don't really care... at least they are getting something?

But THEN she sent a friend of ours that lives across the country a link to a tour schedule of an artist they both love and indicated she was going to try and travel there for that tour stop!  This was a day after the above money request.

I mean... how about (1) pay people back or (2) save it for when there is a tough spot again?

At least she doesn't use credit cards.  That just drove me batty.

adesertsky

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #191 on: February 06, 2014, 07:18:53 PM »
ohmigod.  she just posted that she bought a concert ticket to a different show and explicitly paid extra for a hard copy ticket!  aaaaaaah.

gooki

• Magnum Stache
    • My FIRE journal
« Reply #192 on: February 07, 2014, 12:48:05 AM »
Bahhahahaaaaaaaawww

notquitefrugal

• Stubble
« Reply #193 on: February 07, 2014, 01:02:52 PM »
What amazes me sometimes at Facebook is some people have 800 and more friends.

Me too. ~200 is about my limit before I start unfriending people, not necessarily because I don't like them, but because I'm overwhelmed trying to keep up with everything.

ArcticaMT6

• Stubble
« Reply #194 on: February 07, 2014, 01:13:39 PM »

out of curiosity, I google-mapped it. if he is talking about Groton, CT, I have a hard time believing it is total "no mans land for a single young professional." there look to be a bunch of bars and restaurants both in Groton and the adjacent town of New London, not to mention a fucking beautiful looking seaside state park! shit, I'd move there.

You wouldn't say that if you actually lived there. There's a reason why it's known as Rotten Groton, and New London is a shithole. Mystic is a much nicer place to go, but more expensive, and gets a lot of fru fru tourists in the Summer. The nice looking area of Groton (Groton-Long Point) is far more expensive.

coconutpop

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #195 on: February 07, 2014, 02:08:40 PM »
I was with a friend on his facebook and we saw a girl that posted:

I would never have sex with a guy that does not spend more than 200$ on our date, get the credit card out of your pocket, broke ass *******

Crazy, the things you can see on facebook when you are part of my generation. People acting like they are superstar and hot shit everywhere.

fantabulous

• Bristles
    • My Crappy Little Blog
« Reply #196 on: February 07, 2014, 03:12:25 PM »

I would never have sex with a guy that does not spend more than 200$ on our date, get the credit card out of your pocket, broke ass *******

Crazy, the things you can see on facebook when you are part of my generation. People acting like they are superstar and hot shit everywhere.

I would never have sex with a guy that thought conspicious spending on a date would impress me. Put the credit card back so that you're NOT a broke ass.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #197 on: February 07, 2014, 03:53:44 PM »

coconutpop

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #198 on: February 07, 2014, 04:41:31 PM »
Haha you guys make me laugh.

Fantabulous: glad to see a bit of common sense after this level of stupidity.

I am at the same friend house right now and she just posted a masterpiece:

Why do broke ass men keep hitting on me like I am a cheap whore. I'll start to ask for bank account statements before even talking to you. (I corrected some mistakes, and removed some random insults)

An other girl commented: Damn right baby, stupid ass boys think they have a chance with that fat ass. So annoying.

A random guy said: shut up bitch, you aint even that beautiful and your personality is obviously shit. You are not even worth my empty pack of gum.

HAHAHAHAHA. C'ant beleive this girl even exist.   

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #199 on: February 07, 2014, 05:20:58 PM »

Why do broke ass men keep hitting on me like I am a cheap whore.

Reply: Damn straight, we all know you are a high-class whore.

But really, don't.

Is she at least attractive enough to explain this mentality?

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!