Author Topic: Overheard on Facebook  (Read 6082276 times)

RWD

• Walrus Stache
Re: Overheard on Facebook
« Reply #2850 on: August 21, 2015, 07:38:02 AM »
One of the most fun parts about using GNU/Linux with typical consumer hardware is that every kernel upgrade tends to introduce a hardware incompatibility with at least one device. Every time I upgrade, I look forward to finding out what will break next -- would it be the SD card reader, the microphone, the optical disc drive, the USB interface, or something else new and exciting? To be clear, this is largely the fault of device manufacturers and their propensity for releasing only proprietary drivers. I have immense respect for the solutions that have been developed by the free software community to address this, such as Windows driver emulation layers and other hardcore stuff. Nonetheless, I do dread upgrading.

I first installed GNU/Linux when I was around 12 years ago. At the time, I lived with my parents, and we had only dial-up internet. Before switching to GNU/Linux, I was blissfully naïve about how "modems" actually worked. I had ignorantly assumed that they were a piece of hardware that would handle all aspects of making calls over the phone line. I was wrong. It turns out that the way most dial-up models actually work is that they are a very low-level piece of hardware that basically operate at the raw data level with no support for specific protocols. Much of the logic that makes the device a "modem" is actually very complicated software that runs on the computer. And of course that software is proprietary and runs only on Windows. As mentioned above, the solution that the community has developed is a Windows driver emulation layer that allows you to use the Windows binary drivers on GNU/Linux and it works well, but back in the day, it was very difficult to set up, poorly documented, and generally frustrating to configure. I did manage to figure it out and get my modem working, but I wouldn't expect that most people would have been able to handle it.

These days, things are a lot more friendly, although you still have to deal with them breaking from time to time.

Yup. I spent plenty of time goofing around with Ndiswrapper trying to get network cards and stuff to work. My current laptop is still on Ubuntu 12.04 because anything newer breaks the ATI video drivers... they dropped support for it, it's so old. Thankfully, if it ain't broke, I don't have to fix it. It'll last me another year or so until I get around to getting a replacement.

I used to have the AMD/ATI video driver break almost every update. Since I switched to using integrated Intel video graphics I've hardly had any issues at all. I can't even remember the last time something broke from an update.

I also have an older laptop with AMD graphics that I am leaving on Xubuntu 12.04 because of the graphics driver. Maybe someday I'll upgrade and switch to the open source driver...

vivophoenix

• Bristles
« Reply #2851 on: August 21, 2015, 09:40:42 AM »
on my Facebook is a woman complaining about her poor service at a McDonald's drive thru.

Apparently the McD's coffee machine was broken, so when the FB poster requested sugar and creamers, they said they would have to be on the side. Mcds does not keep bulk sugar or creamer, they have individual packets.

The poster then became lived at the idea of having to mix it herself and demanded that they do it for her.

In  comments following this post were snarky remarks about how lazy the workers were and how much she " doesn't do mixing her own creamer and sugar in her coffee" and the nerve of those lazy people wanting $15 dollars an hour.

aside from my personal opinions about the $15/hr wage demands, i found it ironic and telling that a woman who goes to a fast food place for  coffee and refuses to mix in her own sweeter, was calling other people lazy.

this and her inability to recognize that, fast food is no longer fast food, if every customer wants hand mixed creamer and sugar from packets. 

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2852 on: August 21, 2015, 10:22:08 AM »

this and her inability to recognize that, fast food is no longer fast food, if every customer wants hand mixed creamer and sugar from packets.

She could spend a lot more and go to Starbucks or Caribou....oh wait, they don't mix it for you EITHER!

HairyUpperLip

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2853 on: August 21, 2015, 11:28:14 AM »

She could spend a lot more and go to Starbucks or Caribou....oh wait, they don't mix it for you EITHER!

hehehe

Fuck Caribou though. They charged the wife and I for a cup of hot water to warm up our baby bottle one time. At least places like McD's and Starbucks will do it for free even if you aren't buying something from them.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2854 on: August 21, 2015, 11:40:40 AM »

hehehe

Fuck Caribou though. They charged the wife and I for a cup of hot water to warm up our baby bottle one time. At least places like McD's and Starbucks will do it for free even if you aren't buying something from them.

That's odd. I haven't been to either place for ages (at least a few years), but I recall them being largely willing to give you hot water.

HairyUpperLip

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2855 on: August 21, 2015, 11:42:53 AM »
That's odd. I haven't been to either place for ages (at least a few years), but I recall them being largely willing to give you hot water.

It was one of the locations near the affluent mall (Lenox Mall - Louis Vuttion and Burberry type of stores).

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #2856 on: August 21, 2015, 03:12:22 PM »
on my Facebook is a woman complaining about her poor service at a McDonald's drive thru.

Apparently the McD's coffee machine was broken, so when the FB poster requested sugar and creamers, they said they would have to be on the side. Mcds does not keep bulk sugar or creamer, they have individual packets.

The poster then became lived at the idea of having to mix it herself and demanded that they do it for her.

In  comments following this post were snarky remarks about how lazy the workers were and how much she " doesn't do mixing her own creamer and sugar in her coffee" and the nerve of those lazy people wanting $15 dollars an hour.

aside from my personal opinions about the $15/hr wage demands, i found it ironic and telling that a woman who goes to a fast food place for  coffee and refuses to mix in her own sweeter, was calling other people lazy.

Wait, why wouldn't they mix it for her?  That's what they advertise, and you don't need a machine to do it for you....  it's ridiculous but I kinda see her point.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2857 on: August 21, 2015, 03:46:43 PM »

Wait, why wouldn't they mix it for her?  That's what they advertise, and you don't need a machine to do it for you....  it's ridiculous but I kinda see her point.

Fair point, I wouldn't know about that. That said, I generally don't talk back to anyone that works in the food services, if they were to mix the sugar and cream into her coffee....they might add something extra.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2858 on: August 23, 2015, 03:33:39 PM »
Was chatting with a friend on FB and he mentioned that he was really hating his job but sticking it out because he was hoping for a big payoff (couple million) if the company goes public. I said well, that's worth it, since you could take that money, quit and never work again! And he was like... no, that's not enough to retire on. My answer - well, *I* could retire on it! :-)  He has previously commented that his mortgage is less than my rent, so I was thinking he wasn't living too outlandishly. Further conversation revealed that he spends $1000 on the family cars every month, not including gas or depreciation. And he has a longish commute, so I guess the gas must be substantial. Oy :-( 

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2859 on: August 23, 2015, 04:40:04 PM »
Was chatting with a friend on FB and he mentioned that he was really hating his job but sticking it out because he was hoping for a big payoff (couple million) if the company goes public. I said well, that's worth it, since you could take that money, quit and never work again! And he was like... no, that's not enough to retire on. My answer - well, *I* could retire on it! :-)  He has previously commented that his mortgage is less than my rent, so I was thinking he wasn't living too outlandishly. Further conversation revealed that he spends $1000 on the family cars every month, not including gas or depreciation. And he has a longish commute, so I guess the gas must be substantial. Oy :-(

This reminds me of a coworker I had, who I thought was pretty frugal.

Until I discovered his car habit and I realized why he was frugal everywhere else :)

bagap

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2860 on: August 23, 2015, 04:55:54 PM »

Fair point, I wouldn't know about that. That said, I generally don't talk back to anyone that works in the food services, if they were to mix the sugar and cream into her coffee....they might add something extra.

+1

RunHappy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2861 on: August 24, 2015, 05:11:41 AM »

This reminds me of a coworker I had, who I thought was pretty frugal.

Until I discovered his car habit and I realized why he was frugal everywhere else :)

This is so many people I know.  Their car payments are almost as much as if not more than their housing costs.

Tjat

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2862 on: August 24, 2015, 05:40:02 AM »

My question is why would she want them to mix it for her? Baristas generally hang on that cream/milk pump like they're dangling on the side of a cliff and it's the only thing keeping them from falling to the earth. Seeing 1/4 of my cup filled with that white goop is what convinced me to switch to black...

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2863 on: August 24, 2015, 07:16:33 AM »

hehehe

Even if you don't buy anything else?

I guess I would have a hard time asking for that so I really don't know if it is common.
The only place I ask for water without a purchase is a theme park, because they are legally obligated, and I paid a crap ton of admission.

cerebus

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2864 on: August 24, 2015, 08:07:35 AM »

hehehe

I guess I would have a hard time asking for that so I really don't know if it is common.
The only place I ask for water without a purchase is a theme park, because they are legally obligated, and I paid a crap ton of admission.

I thought everywhere was obligated to give you tap water without a purchase. It's sort of a human right. I frequently go into coffee shops or whatever and just get a glass of water.

HairyUpperLip

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2865 on: August 24, 2015, 08:35:30 AM »

hehehe

I thought everywhere was obligated to give you tap water without a purchase. It's sort of a human right. I frequently go into coffee shops or whatever and just get a glass of water.

Human right? I don't know about that. I would say for those of in countries where we can do that are just enjoying the many luxuries available to us.

Either way, I was really surprised when they refused to give us free hot water. Especially considering we had a baby with us and even mentioned we just need it a cup half full to warm some baby formula.

I forget the exact total but I think my wife ended up paying a buck or two for it.

When we've gone on long trips away from home we've always been able to hit up any coffee shop and get this request filled without any issue.

meg_shannon

• Stubble
« Reply #2866 on: August 24, 2015, 08:41:29 AM »
Not a human right, but a cultural norm. I currently live in Eastern Germany and you can't get free tap water (and the tap water is fine to drink). If you ask for it they'll just tell you no and offer bottled water. When you eat out you pay for a beverage, just like the food. OTOH, beer is the same price as the water.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2867 on: August 24, 2015, 09:27:40 AM »

hehehe

Human right? I don't know about that. I would say for those of in countries where we can do that are just enjoying the many luxuries available to us.

Either way, I was really surprised when they refused to give us free hot water. Especially considering we had a baby with us and even mentioned we just need it a cup half full to warm some baby formula.

I forget the exact total but I think my wife ended up paying a buck or two for it.

When we've gone on long trips away from home we've always been able to hit up any coffee shop and get this request filled without any issue.
A dollar?  Crazy... I remember working at a fast cafe and we had to charge $.15 for the cup because otherwise we would have had a hundred requests a day at the mall.  It was just enough to reduce the requests and not take over my time serving customers.  A teenager problem.  The main cafe with seating a block away was free.  Washable cup too.

I do ask for water without a purchase when at a ski hill and there is NO water fountain in the entire lodge.  Athletic venues and water parks should be required to provide water as part of operations.  IMO.

mom22boys

• Stubble
« Reply #2868 on: August 24, 2015, 01:05:09 PM »
Last week my cousin posted about how she's 'seriously in love with the fall wardrobe' for her 1 year old daughter.  Seriously!  Wardrobe?!? And for a 1 year old???  The word 'wardrobe' makes me shudder.  Every picture of this little girl shows her in a new outfit, fur boots, leather jackets, and so on.  I can guarantee that they spend more money on her clothes than I do for myself AND my two growing boys. 

Kitsunegari

• Bristles
  • Penny wise, pound foolish
« Reply #2869 on: August 24, 2015, 01:13:48 PM »
Last week my cousin posted about how she's 'seriously in love with the fall wardrobe' for her 1 year old daughter.  Seriously!  Wardrobe?!? And for a 1 year old???  The word 'wardrobe' makes me shudder.  Every picture of this little girl shows her in a new outfit, fur boots, leather jackets, and so on.  I can guarantee that they spend more money on her clothes than I do for myself AND my two growing boys.

This popped into my mind: http://www.theonion.com/article/dress-up-doll-born-to-area-couple-1750

La Bibliotecaria Feroz

• Walrus Stache

mom22boys

• Stubble
« Reply #2872 on: August 25, 2015, 07:24:34 AM »

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2873 on: August 25, 2015, 07:26:27 AM »

This popped into my mind: http://www.theonion.com/article/dress-up-doll-born-to-area-couple-1750

WTF!  Where do people like this come from?

Just in case you're not aware, The Onion is satire. Though it usually resembles something in the real world.

druth

• Bristles
« Reply #2874 on: August 25, 2015, 07:58:03 AM »

hehehe

I used to work at a Caribou, they probably should have just given you the cup of hot water, though if it was in a high traffic area it's possible they get a lot of requests from people who don't buy anything and might have a different store policy.  In general though the company policy was 'give customers whatever, because it's better to have them happy with a cup of water or a free refill than complaining to all their friends about how we wouldn't give it to them' (see: thread)  Sounds like they charged you for hot tea, which is ridiculous since you didn't even get a tea bag, which is where the cost of that comes from.

My guess though is it wasn't a corporate plot to deprive you of warm water, just some under-trained staff wasn't sure what to do so they guessed.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2875 on: August 25, 2015, 09:30:35 AM »
This isn't Anti, but the reverse. A guy I know posted the following article from 538.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/worried-about-the-stock-market-whatever-you-do-dont-sell/

I loved it! I know a few friends that are panicking, and I've tried to tell them to hold on (no clue if they have listened), and even told one that I put more money in because I consider stocks to be on sale.

SpicyMcHaggus

• Bristles
« Reply #2876 on: August 25, 2015, 09:43:57 AM »
This isn't Anti, but the reverse. A guy I know posted the following article from 538.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/worried-about-the-stock-market-whatever-you-do-dont-sell/

I loved it! I know a few friends that are panicking, and I've tried to tell them to hold on (no clue if they have listened), and even told one that I put more money in because I consider stocks to be on sale.

I took a beating but i sucked it up and bought more.

mom22boys

• Stubble
« Reply #2877 on: August 25, 2015, 09:51:40 AM »

Just in case you're not aware, The Onion is satire. Though it usually resembles something in the real world.

LOL....Thanks RWD!  I DID know that The Onion is satire.  I just totally missed the source when I skimmed the link. It must be Monday morning (but unfortunately I can't use that excuse).

DINK

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2878 on: August 26, 2015, 06:22:14 AM »
My cousin's wife (he is an officer in the army, she is a SAHM to their 3 kids) has recently started selling AdvoCare (a MLM company that sells supplements and woo) and everything on her Facebook and Instagram is allllll about how awesome it is. She keeps talking about how she is "breaking chains for people's health & finances" and "offering hope to people for their health and their finances." I won't even get into the dubious "health" claims of AdvoCare but the finances part makes me laugh. She has probably made less than she has spent at this point since her and my cousin have already gone to Dallas for one of the AdvoCare conventions, which meant buying 2 plane tickets, renting a car, renting a hotel room, and of course the tickets to the convention. What really made me laugh though is this post: "I will be a "yes" mom. Yes, we can afford to buy you soccer cleats. Yes, let's go to Disney world. Yes, you can go on that field trip or participate in that club. Yes, your daddy gets to choose his call to be a solider instead of feeling like he has to simply to provide for our family. Yes, you can go to college without student loans. Yes, yes, yes!" Pretty sure 99.9% of AdvoCare distributors aren't making enough money to put 3 kids through college debt free, she may earn enough for those soccer cleats though!

WerKater

• Bristles
« Reply #2879 on: August 26, 2015, 10:06:18 AM »
"I will be a "yes" mom. Yes, we can afford to buy you soccer cleats. Yes, let's go to Disney world. Yes, you can go on that field trip or participate in that club. Yes, your daddy gets to choose his call to be a solider instead of feeling like he has to simply to provide for our family. Yes, you can go to college without student loans. Yes, yes, yes!" Pretty sure 99.9% of AdvoCare distributors aren't making enough money to put 3 kids through college debt free, she may earn enough for those soccer cleats though!
The "yes mom" thing breaks me up. And here I was and thought that having the ability and moral courage to say "no" was a good thing. It also seems to me that parents who always says "yes" are not, in fact, actual parents. In the sense where a parent is someone who practices parenting.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
  • I'm just happy to be here. \m/ ^_^ \m/
    • Pinhook Development LLC
« Reply #2880 on: August 26, 2015, 10:59:06 AM »
My cousin's wife (he is an officer in the army, she is a SAHM to their 3 kids) has recently started selling AdvoCare (a MLM company that sells supplements and woo)
I'm all stocked up on supplements, but how much for just the woo? And how is it packaged? Do I buy "a woo", or can I get a big-ass Bucket of Woo?
Someone here at my office sells that - I haven't figured out who yet, but I walk past a car plastered with their signs every day.

Threshkin

• Handlebar Stache
    • My Journal
« Reply #2881 on: August 26, 2015, 11:50:17 AM »
My cousin's wife (he is an officer in the army, she is a SAHM to their 3 kids) has recently started selling AdvoCare (a MLM company that sells supplements and woo)
I'm all stocked up on supplements, but how much for just the woo? And how is it packaged? Do I buy "a woo", or can I get a big-ass Bucket of Woo?
Someone here at my office sells that - I haven't figured out who yet, but I walk past a car plastered with their signs every day.

I hear you can be arrested in 27 states for selling woo to minors.

Kitsune

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2882 on: August 26, 2015, 12:32:23 PM »
"I will be a "yes" mom. Yes, we can afford to buy you soccer cleats. Yes, let's go to Disney world. Yes, you can go on that field trip or participate in that club. Yes, your daddy gets to choose his call to be a solider instead of feeling like he has to simply to provide for our family. Yes, you can go to college without student loans. Yes, yes, yes!" Pretty sure 99.9% of AdvoCare distributors aren't making enough money to put 3 kids through college debt free, she may earn enough for those soccer cleats though!
The "yes mom" thing breaks me up. And here I was and thought that having the ability and moral courage to say "no" was a good thing. It also seems to me that parents who always says "yes" are not, in fact, actual parents. In the sense where a parent is someone who practices parenting.

... So, a complete inability differentiate between "yes, we love you and care for you and will teach you and help you with the resources we can and will also teach you to help yourself and do more than we can do for you as you get older" (aka: good parenting) and "we will disregard reality and say yes to everything you want to make you happy without any thought to the feasibility or consequences of our promises!" (immediately rewarding, leads to entitled little shits who can't tie their own shoes as teenagers).

Gawd but I can't stand people like this.

cerebus

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2883 on: August 27, 2015, 12:44:27 AM »

No, actually there's a thriving kiddy woo industry throughout the US.

meg_shannon

• Stubble
« Reply #2884 on: August 27, 2015, 12:54:10 AM »

... So, a complete inability differentiate between "yes, we love you and care for you and will teach you and help you with the resources we can and will also teach you to help yourself and do more than we can do for you as you get older" (aka: good parenting) and "we will disregard reality and say yes to everything you want to make you happy without any thought to the feasibility or consequences of our promises!" (immediately rewarding, leads to entitled little shits who can't tie their own shoes as teenagers).

Gawd but I can't stand people like this.

I can't stand it either. Kids don't need that kind of "yes mom." The need the "yes parents" who will color with them, read to them, build with them, explore with them, etc. While living overseas, and not working this year, I have really enjoyed spending almost every afternoon after school at the park, beach, town fountain (which is treated like a wading pool full of half naked little kids), or making art, reading books, etc. We decided not to big ticket travel while we're here because our subsidized trip to Lisbon was incredibly stressful and our kid just wanted to go to the parks. Our biggest entertainment expenditure is our pass to the Tierpark (cross between awesome playground, park, and zoo) and ice cream. Germans really like ice cream (and so do we!)

ShoulderThingThatGoesUp

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2885 on: August 27, 2015, 06:28:05 AM »

You can definitely find somebody to sell you a big-ass bucket of woo. Unfortunately you can't escape without them telling you how great their woo is.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2886 on: August 27, 2015, 02:26:53 PM »
No, actually there's a thriving kiddy woo industry throughout the US.
Heehee!

You can definitely find somebody to sell you a big-ass bucket of woo. Unfortunately you can't escape without them telling you how great their woo is.
I guess I'll just put it on my credit card, quick-like, and GTFO.

DINK

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2887 on: August 28, 2015, 11:13:36 AM »

The woo is what will cost ya. Just the supplements you could get at GNC or WalMart, but it's the woo that makes it!

This woman is the poster child for consumerism. She has two toddler boys and an infant girl. Every holiday (Easter, Thanksgiving, 4th of July...) the kids have a new outfit just for that holiday and often she even gets their names embroidered/monogrammed on it, meaning in addition to the fact that your kid will have grown out of it by the next year you can't even hand it down. This summer she even had her less than 1 year old daughters swimsuit embroidered with a monogram.

MishMash

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2888 on: August 28, 2015, 02:14:57 PM »
Said dependa Facebook friend from earlier in this string posted a novella this morning.  The jist of which is she cheated on her Tech Sgt husband, is pissed the husband is divorcing her and going for primary custody of the kids due to her unemployment and "anxiety", and just started a go fund me to pay for hospital bills in case the divorce goes through before she can get her heart surgery completed through Tricare (can I just insert how fucking stupid she is and how she totally doesn't realize she's looking at a six figure bill).  On the positive note, shes sooooo happy to be living with her "true love" now.

Now, she'd been having overly mopey posts the past couple of months, and has been asking for money in "OMG guys I need 200 bucks by Friday if anyone has it" so I thought something was up, but holy fucking SHIT.  Talk about things you SHOULDN'T be posting on the internet.  She also in previous posts thinks if Trump becomes president her unemployed ass will just be given a good job, you know, since she has no degree, and near no experience she TOTALLY deserves it because she's a nice person. 

This latest novella  might have earned the de friend button...I didn't think that level of crazy could exist in one person.

As of today she is now "rehoming" her two schnauzers because her new boyfriends place doesn't allow dogs and her "evil" ex keeps them crated while he is at work since they "like to play when no one is around"  The kicker comes from the statement of "There IS a rehoming fee and it is NOT cheap, I paid 1700 for the female 8 months ago alone".  This coming from the one that has been routinely begging money for over a year.

Basenji

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2889 on: August 28, 2015, 04:42:33 PM »
^
I'm addicted to the updates on this woman.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 04:49:17 PM by Basenji »

MishMash

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2890 on: August 28, 2015, 06:12:43 PM »
^

I have to endure 4 or 5 pro Trump posts/memes and a few anti military (because her ex is AD) for every "normal" post of hers...both of which make me want to punch/defriend her...however, for the good of this forum (and my own morbid curiosity) I am not ;-)  She's become a serial poster this past week with stupid memes...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 06:18:11 PM by MishMash »

Basenji

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2891 on: August 28, 2015, 07:01:04 PM »
^

I have to endure 4 or 5 pro Trump posts/memes and a few anti military (because her ex is AD) for every "normal" post of hers...both of which make me want to punch/defriend her...however, for the good of this forum (and my own morbid curiosity) I am not ;-)  She's become a serial poster this past week with stupid memes...
Now I'm feeling bad for you, the cheated on ex, and the rehomed dogs. Think I'll go pet my dogs, kiss my husband, and get off the internet.

11ducks

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2892 on: August 29, 2015, 03:18:25 AM »

I always get depressed when I see little babies in uncomfortable, fashiony clothes. Babytooth gets crabby if I put her in anything other than knit jersey, so she's wearing a lot of knit dresses and onesies and such, most of them handed down. She's very happy with her wardrobe, provided it always includes a skirt she can grab and wave over her head.

Haha, me too!

Emilyngh

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2893 on: August 29, 2015, 04:57:54 AM »

I can't stand it either. Kids don't need that kind of "yes mom." The need the "yes parents" who will color with them, read to them, build with them, explore with them, etc. 

Eh, I'd disagree that it's even the best for kids to have this kind of "yes" parents.   While sometimes "yes" here is good, IMO/E even an always "yes" parent in this way is not the best.    Kids need to learn to entertain themselves and need to practice being bored.   I do not think that the push in certain socioeconomic groups for parents to constantly "engage" (ie, entertain) their kids is a good thing.   No, even in this way, we need to be prepared with some "no"s.

ginastarke

• Stubble
« Reply #2894 on: August 29, 2015, 06:07:47 PM »
Woo is right.
I'm looking for a side business I can run while going back to school, so I checked out a certain  product line to see just how much they "Work!"
1. Sugar in everything.  Strike one.
2. Thermogenesis pills with green coffee ( the stuff the Great and Powerful Dr Oz got busted for) and hot pepper. Strike Two
3. Oh look, whey protein! FOR THE LOVE OF....$100?!?!?!?!?!?
Just what is this woo made of?  Chuck Norris tears?

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2895 on: August 29, 2015, 06:20:12 PM »

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2896 on: August 30, 2015, 12:27:31 AM »
As of today she is now "rehoming" her two schnauzers because her new boyfriends place doesn't allow dogs and her "evil" ex keeps them crated while he is at work since they "like to play when no one is around"  The kicker comes from the statement of "There IS a rehoming fee and it is NOT cheap, I paid 1700 for the female 8 months ago alone".  This coming from the one that has been routinely begging money for over a year.
She should get into selling woo. I hear it's where all the money is. Schnauzers galore.

CabinetGuy

• Stubble
« Reply #2897 on: August 30, 2015, 05:23:18 PM »
I'll just leave this right here...

The comments related to the post make me sick:

-Whoo hoo!

-What a great deal!  Such a great offer for owning your own business!

-love love love!

All of the posters are her little minions that she has dragged into this little MLM scheme.

fb132

« Reply #2898 on: August 30, 2015, 06:22:36 PM »

-Whoo hoo!

-love love love!

All of the posters are her little minions that she has dragged into this little MLM scheme.
My bet is no one will buy her products.

LeRainDrop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2899 on: August 30, 2015, 08:17:54 PM »

-Whoo hoo!

-love love love!

My bet is no one will buy her products.

I have two friends who have started their MLM skin care businesses in the last few months, and I hate it because their posts for their products have completely taken over all the fun personal updates that they used to post.

One of the ladies lives far away from me and I actually enjoyed seeing her kids' photos every now and then, but now it's just MLM skin care all the freakin' time!  And, yes, all of those posts get likes and positive comments from the other people who are in the stupid MLM network.  It's so annoying.

The second lady is my neighbor, and she's as sweet as can be.  The other day she was telling me that she really wants to host a wine & cheese party at her place for some of our neighbors, our book club, etc.  She was a little worried though, like "I don't know if my place is nice enough.  What will people think?"  I'm like, "(1) your place is really nice, and (2) people will just be thinking how nice it was of you to invite us all over and how much fun we're having."  So, my neighbor says, okay, she'll do it.  Then, she adds, "and I'm thinking of setting up a display of such-and-such skin care in one of the rooms in case people want to buy any!"  Well, fuck, now I don't even want to come to the party anymore.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 08:19:42 PM by LeRainDrop »