Author Topic: Overheard on Facebook  (Read 6082261 times)

BTDretire

• Magnum Stache
Re: Overheard on Facebook
« Reply #4100 on: March 22, 2016, 06:43:41 AM »

And maco, that's pretty funny. Your kids achievements - what a thing to be competitive over.

First it's who can build the most impressive sandcastle, then it's who gets the best grades and runs fastest, then it's who gets into the most prestigious school or job, then finally it's your kids achievements?

(Is that how it works?)

I married into the Asian community, yes that's how it works.
They get together and brag on their kids, grades, school, income, house, etc.
I just hope they're happy with their life, even if it's from artistic persuit. :-)

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4101 on: March 22, 2016, 06:49:31 AM »

And maco, that's pretty funny. Your kids achievements - what a thing to be competitive over.

First it's who can build the most impressive sandcastle, then it's who gets the best grades and runs fastest, then it's who gets into the most prestigious school or job, then finally it's your kids achievements?

(Is that how it works?)

I just hope they're happy with their life, even if it's from artistic persuit. :-)

I don't think it's just the Asian community.

I think this happens all over the place for anyone who is remotely middle class or higher.

Apples

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4102 on: March 22, 2016, 07:58:32 AM »
I guess it is judgemental of me, and I work hard not to be

No I disagree, I don't think you're being judgmental. Though I understanding you could feel so.

Maybe it is just jealousy in a way, because I decided to stop having kids at 2, partly for financial reasons.  I feel like way too many women who are undecided about having another kid are persuaded to have another and to "follow your heart".  Or "you'll never regret having another kid".  My feeling is a lot of people do regret it but won't admit it.

Yeah, that's how I feel. I can't say I understand your position as I do not have kids, but I know a ton of people that have kids that they can't afford and then will complain about they are "unlucky," due to a random event, which I don't are all that random (if you have an older house, there is more upkeep required, and must plan for expenses that crop up).
3 is the new 2, don'tcha know!

It's interesting because I feel like when I was in my 20s, maybe early 30s, when most normal people I know were having kids, it was 2, maybe only 1.  Money, environment - whatever reason.  Two.

(I say "normal people" because I was 35.75 and 42 when I had mine).

Now it seems like there are a lot more 3s and 4s.  I have a couple of friends with 4, several with 3.  And in my "toddler" group, there are a LOT of women having a 3rd, compared to my older son's group (where there is one person with 3 and two with 4, but most are at 2.)

I've had a few people actually tell me to have a third.  Now, I know that I *look* young, but at least a couple of these people KNOW that I'm almost 46 years old.  Um, guys, eggs are toast and even if there were one or two good ones, nope.  Hubs took care of that.

Soooo I know several couples, including my parents who had a third kid when their older ones were in elementary school and preschool.  In more than half the cases I know of, those children could be considered "oops" babies.  So there's that...

Kitsune

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4103 on: March 22, 2016, 08:28:30 AM »

No I disagree, I don't think you're being judgmental. Though I understanding you could feel so.

Maybe it is just jealousy in a way, because I decided to stop having kids at 2, partly for financial reasons.  I feel like way too many women who are undecided about having another kid are persuaded to have another and to "follow your heart".  Or "you'll never regret having another kid".  My feeling is a lot of people do regret it but won't admit it.

Yeah, that's how I feel. I can't say I understand your position as I do not have kids, but I know a ton of people that have kids that they can't afford and then will complain about they are "unlucky," due to a random event, which I don't are all that random (if you have an older house, there is more upkeep required, and must plan for expenses that crop up).

It's interesting because I feel like when I was in my 20s, maybe early 30s, when most normal people I know were having kids, it was 2, maybe only 1.  Money, environment - whatever reason.  Two.

Now it seems like there are a lot more 3s and 4s.  I have a couple of friends with 4, several with 3.  And in my "toddler" group, there are a LOT of women having a 3rd, compared to my older son's group (where there is one person with 3 and two with 4, but most are at 2.)

I've had a few people actually tell me to have a third.  Now, I know that I *look* young, but at least a couple of these people KNOW that I'm almost 46 years old.  Um, guys, eggs are toast and even if there were one or two good ones, nope.  Hubs took care of that.

Soooo I know several couples, including my parents who had a third kid when their older ones were in elementary school and preschool.  In more than half the cases I know of, those children could be considered "oops" babies.  So there's that...

I was talking about this with some of my (female) colleagues last week... all of who have 2 kids, max. My husband and I are aiming for 3, possibly 4, with the option of fostering after that.

One of my colleagues actually said 'if my husband did as much childcare as yours does, I'd have had more, but I couldn't take care of everything for more than 2 kids if I was the only one doing work!'

... not sure that extrapolates across North America, but I thought it was a perceptive statement... 'cause, honestly, a HUGE thing factoring into me wanting more kids is the fact that my husband is an incredibly involved father. 2am wake-ups needing an hour of rocking? He does 'em. Bathtime is usually a dad thing. He takes our daughter to her swim class. They play together. If I was the one doing all of it, HELLS NO would I be looking at more kids.

So: generational difference? Yes/no/maybe?

maco

• Bristles
« Reply #4104 on: March 22, 2016, 08:39:06 AM »

(Is that how it works?)

I think this happens all over the place for anyone who is remotely middle class or higher.
For the record, there is nothing Asian about my family. Dad's Sicilian/Irish-American, and she's Italian-American.

(Hey, our cousins in Sicily insist we are Sicilian, not Italian)

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4105 on: March 22, 2016, 08:41:58 AM »
... a HUGE thing factoring into me wanting more kids is the fact that my husband is an incredibly involved father. 2am wake-ups needing an hour of rocking? He does 'em. Bathtime is usually a dad thing. He takes our daughter to her swim class. They play together. If I was the one doing all of it, HELLS NO would I be looking at more kids.

The other parent's level of involvement certainly makes a difference, but it's also a generational thing.  My dad wasn't super involved with the kids, but they still had 9.  One thing I've noticed is that as you have more kids, you learn to handle it.  When we had 2 kids, it seemed like it was all we could handle.  Now we have 6, and it seems like it's all we can handle :)

nobodyspecial

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4106 on: March 22, 2016, 08:42:29 AM »

Much more relaxed among Jewish mothers - they don't care whether the child becomes surgeon general or follows his dreams and gets on the supreme court.

mm1970

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4107 on: March 22, 2016, 09:39:14 AM »

My second child, born when I was 42, may or may not have been an oops.  (To be clear, we'd tried for well over a year, then finally stopped trying, gave away the baby items, and THEN got pregnant.)

In my friends' cases, though - no, these are people who are spacing their 3 kids every year or two.  Intentional.

mm1970

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4108 on: March 22, 2016, 09:45:23 AM »
I was talking about this with some of my (female) colleagues last week... all of who have 2 kids, max. My husband and I are aiming for 3, possibly 4, with the option of fostering after that.

One of my colleagues actually said 'if my husband did as much childcare as yours does, I'd have had more, but I couldn't take care of everything for more than 2 kids if I was the only one doing work!'

... not sure that extrapolates across North America, but I thought it was a perceptive statement... 'cause, honestly, a HUGE thing factoring into me wanting more kids is the fact that my husband is an incredibly involved father. 2am wake-ups needing an hour of rocking? He does 'em. Bathtime is usually a dad thing. He takes our daughter to her swim class. They play together. If I was the one doing all of it, HELLS NO would I be looking at more kids.

Some of it is generational.  Some personality?

When my older son was born (10 years ago now), we had a new mom's/ new parent's group.  Now, a fair number of us were between the ages of 35-40 (first kid).  There was one mom who was 45.  Pretty sure she did IVF, and I remember meeting her a couple of times at the doctor's office and in baby classes.  Anyway, at one point, she was marveling at how involved our husbands were - and her husband didn't do much of anything with the baby.  I said "honey, he's 60!!  My father in law is 62!  In his generation, men just didn't do much."

Even so, I'd say there are a handful of the dads from this group who like to spend their weekends watching sports on TV or going golfing, instead of being with the kids.

My younger son's group, it's more arrested development - a fair number of wives complain about coming home from work to find dirty diapers all over, and their husband sitting on the couch playing video games.

Also, working/ not working parents change the dynamic.  I don't know anyone with 3+ kids where both parents work full time.  Generally there is a SAHM, or one parent works part time.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #4109 on: March 22, 2016, 10:59:09 AM »

Is your local economy doing really well?  I think there are pretty large correlations between economic prosperity and birthraye, at least on a population level. 

But either way I'm glad these children will be paying into social security to support me in my old age :-p

Bicycle_B

• Handlebar Stache
  • Mustachian-ish in Live Music Capital of the World
« Reply #4110 on: March 22, 2016, 12:01:45 PM »

One thing I've noticed is that as you have more kids, you learn to handle it.  When we had 2 kids, it seemed like it was all we could handle.  Now we have 6, and it seems like it's all we can handle :)

Favorite quote about 6 kids:  "I used to have 6 theories about raising kids, and no kids. Now I have 6 kids and no theories."  No idea who said it, though.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4111 on: March 22, 2016, 12:33:01 PM »
So my friend just posted a picture of the rental she's got for the next 10 days while her truck is getting worked on (fender bender). It's a brand new Hyundai Accent hatchback.  Her comment was something like "I got a Hot Wheel. WTF is this?"  Along with a few complaints/comments about how she can't fit two adults in this thing (family is two adults, teenager, and newborn), it has no power, and the rental company needs to find her an SUV.  I bit my tongue, but I wanted to respond "It's a car. It's what the rest of us get by in."

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4112 on: March 22, 2016, 12:51:29 PM »
My little car is a beast.

You're doing it right.

mm1970

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4113 on: March 22, 2016, 02:29:50 PM »
Is your local economy doing really well?  I think there are pretty large correlations between economic prosperity and birthraye, at least on a population level. 

But either way I'm glad these children will be paying into social security to support me in my old age :-p

Not really, probably the opposite.  I sometimes think that once my friends realize they can't afford daycare for 2 kids and can't afford college for 2 kids, might as well have a third!

maco

• Bristles
« Reply #4114 on: March 22, 2016, 03:23:32 PM »
Even so, I'd say there are a handful of the dads from this group who like to spend their weekends watching sports on TV or going golfing, instead of being with the kids.
My dad is all about sports. I was 10 days old at my first major league baseball game.
So my friend just posted a picture of the rental she's got for the next 10 days while her truck is getting worked on (fender bender). It's a brand new Hyundai Accent hatchback.  Her comment was something like "I got a Hot Wheel. WTF is this?"  Along with a few complaints/comments about how she can't fit two adults in this thing (family is two adults, teenager, and newborn), it has no power, and the rental company needs to find her an SUV.  I bit my tongue, but I wanted to respond "It's a car. It's what the rest of us get by in."
Oh come on, I've done Pennsic as 2 adults in a Hyundai Accent hatchback including a canvas tent with 2x4s for poles, a wooden platform bed, and wooden tables. And I didn't have a roof rack.

coolistdude

• Stubble
    • Retirement Tree (Same One I Use):
« Reply #4115 on: March 22, 2016, 03:44:27 PM »
Overheard this one recently. Friend needs to move. It's just him and his fiancee. Yep, they want to rent a 3+ bedroom house. When I was at that stage, DW and I rented a single bedroom apartment.

Zaga

• Magnum Stache
    • A Wall of Hats
« Reply #4116 on: March 22, 2016, 04:30:29 PM »
My dad is all about sports. I was 10 days old at my first major league baseball game.
Oh come on, I've done Pennsic as 2 adults in a Hyundai Accent hatchback including a canvas tent with 2x4s for poles, a wooden platform bed, and wooden tables. And I didn't have a roof rack.
That's impressive!  When I first started out I did Pennsic in a small car.  But then I lived like 20 miles away, so if I forgot something it was no problem to run and get it.

Seppia

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4117 on: March 23, 2016, 06:56:47 AM »

Overheard this one recently. Friend needs to move. It's just him and his fiancee. Yep, they want to rent a 3+ bedroom house. When I was at that stage, DW and I rented a single bedroom apartment.

This is quite something.
Big houses are a pain, more costs, more work to keep them clean, etc.
so inefficient.

slugline

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4118 on: March 23, 2016, 07:21:11 AM »

I wouldn't make assumptions without seeing the numbers. I live in an area where the rent on a one-bedroom apartment is more than the mortgage payment (PITI) on my three-bedroom house. Real estate is oddly local.

ABC123

• Bristles
« Reply #4119 on: March 23, 2016, 01:16:19 PM »

/Raises hand . . . / Yup, I'm 38 and my boys are 5 and 7.  Younger one starts kindergarten in August and I was rather excited to finally be done with daycare.  Oops . . . newbie is due in November.  Guess we will get a few months away from the daycare.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4120 on: March 23, 2016, 01:31:08 PM »

How many of those "oops" happened when the woman was 46? 
I think the above example of when the first pair of kids was from mid20s to early 30s, and then a big gap to the "oops" (or "I miss having a baby, look how grown up they all are.") kid happening late 30s or maybe early 40s.  Having a kid in your late 40s is hard.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 01:32:59 PM by iowajes »

maco

• Bristles
« Reply #4121 on: March 23, 2016, 01:45:31 PM »
That's impressive!  When I first started out I did Pennsic in a small car.  But then I lived like 20 miles away, so if I forgot something it was no problem to run and get it.
I'm 5 hours away. Here's the bed in the trunk of the Accent

Zaga

• Magnum Stache
    • A Wall of Hats
« Reply #4122 on: March 23, 2016, 06:19:24 PM »
Now we go in style, in an old RV converted to a vardo :-)  Cost us $300 to buy, a bit more than that to convert, but still less than many spend on tents.

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4123 on: March 24, 2016, 05:42:21 AM »

I wouldn't make assumptions without seeing the numbers. I live in an area where the rent on a one-bedroom apartment is more than the mortgage payment (PITI) on my three-bedroom house. Real estate is oddly local.

He was referring to renting a 3+ bedroom house, not buying.

slugline

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4124 on: March 24, 2016, 07:58:47 AM »

Right. But the numbers still matter. It doesn't matter whether you're buying or renting, there are more factors that go into prices than just square footage -- location, condition. motivation on the property owner's part, etc. The small one-bedroom apartment isn't always the winner.

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4125 on: March 24, 2016, 08:26:36 AM »

Right. But the numbers still matter. It doesn't matter whether you're buying or renting, there are more factors that go into prices than just square footage -- location, condition. motivation on the property owner's part, etc. The small one-bedroom apartment isn't always the winner.

But can't we assume from the OP's tone in the post that in the location of which they speak, yes, a one-bedroom would be the winner?

Apples

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4126 on: March 24, 2016, 12:12:49 PM »

/Raises hand . . . / Yup, I'm 38 and my boys are 5 and 7.  Younger one starts kindergarten in August and I was rather excited to finally be done with daycare.  Oops . . . newbie is due in November.  Guess we will get a few months away from the daycare.

Haha!  I was amazed in middle and high school to find out that we were one of 3 families that had exactly 3 kids all the same ages as me and my brothers.  And my school only graduates 125 kids a year, so I'm sure you'll find company where you live!

How many of those "oops" happened when the woman was 46? 
I think the above example of when the first pair of kids was from mid20s to early 30s, and then a big gap to the "oops" (or "I miss having a baby, look how grown up they all are.") kid happening late 30s or maybe early 40s.  Having a kid in your late 40s is hard.

My comment about oops babies was referring to mmm1970's post about the toddler group having lots of people with a third kid.  But mmm1970 later clarified that these were intentional, evenly spaced children.  So not oops babies.  I never meant to say that someone in their 40's might or should have another kid.  And my parents had ids in their early 30's, then an oops baby in their late 30's.  So certainly not in their 40's.

maco

• Bristles
« Reply #4127 on: March 24, 2016, 03:33:47 PM »
Now we go in style, in an old RV converted to a vardo :-)  Cost us $300 to buy, a bit more than that to convert, but still less than many spend on tents.
The Accent was totaled last year. I used the insurance payout for a down payment on a Prius C (same size trunk, about 4" longer inside), but then I found MMM, so I'm in the process of selling the Prius to my mother in law to get out of the $3k/yr car payment (no interest). I'll be getting her 12 year old Saturn, and I figure for Pennsic I can rent a van for less than the monthly payment on the Prius.

Zaga

• Magnum Stache
    • A Wall of Hats
« Reply #4128 on: March 24, 2016, 05:31:09 PM »
The Accent was totaled last year. I used the insurance payout for a down payment on a Prius C (same size trunk, about 4" longer inside), but then I found MMM, so I'm in the process of selling the Prius to my mother in law to get out of the $3k/yr car payment (no interest). I'll be getting her 12 year old Saturn, and I figure for Pennsic I can rent a van for less than the monthly payment on the Prius.
DH has a Tahoe, which we use to tow the vardo.  We are practically spitting distance from Pennsic, seems silly to me to have such a large vehicle to tow something once a year.  Fortunately we bought it used for a great price, and mostly carpool in my car to save on gas.  I'd love for him to have something smaller then rent a big truck once a year.

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4129 on: March 24, 2016, 06:59:45 PM »
On Facebook buy and sell - one of those battery powered toddler-age big plastic jeeps they can drive around in listed as-is without battery or charger for $40.  Lady comments "$30?  Got to feed the family and save for upcoming move."

If $10 is the difference between food and no food, or saving for a move you shouldn't buy anything, much less a large plastic piece of shit you need to also buy a battery and charger for.  For the record, i wouldn't take it for free.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #4130 on: March 25, 2016, 09:40:21 AM »
On Facebook buy and sell - one of those battery powered toddler-age big plastic jeeps they can drive around in listed as-is without battery or charger for $40.  Lady comments "$30?  Got to feed the family and save for upcoming move."

If $10 is the difference between food and no food, or saving for a move you shouldn't buy anything, much less a large plastic piece of shit you need to also buy a battery and charger for.  For the record, i wouldn't take it for free.

I'd take it for parts!  But I suspect the lady was exaggerating as a bargaining tactic

Bee35

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4131 on: March 26, 2016, 01:16:02 AM »
So I am an 18+ month lurker who just created a forum account and am planning to post a case study/ question in the next couple of days.

But something just popped up on my FB feed tonight that belonged here and I just couldn't pass up.

"imgur.com/wyXhl4k.png" Just in case I run into any issues with forum rules or formatting

coolistdude

• Stubble
« Reply #4132 on: March 26, 2016, 11:34:36 PM »

But can't we assume from the OP's tone in the post that in the location of which they speak, yes, a one-bedroom would be the winner?

I must be too vague in my posts. This is the second time people have replied wondering what I meant. The local area we live in is much more expensive for a house. So, you can find a decent 1 bedroom apartment for $750+-. Whereas a three bedroom house is $1500+. This city has apartments and houses very close to each other so you get a good selection. Something else I forgot to mention is that the deposit for an apartment is $400-$600 depending on if you have a pet, whereas with a house it can easily be over $1000 without a pet.

BFGirl

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4133 on: March 27, 2016, 02:38:07 PM »
Not on FB, but on a neighborhood site.  Neighbor is trying to sell Prada diaper bag that was specially ordered from Milan and they paid retail $1350.00.  It will be interesting to see if it sells

Nederstash

• Bristles
« Reply #4134 on: March 27, 2016, 04:10:07 PM »
Not on FB, but on a neighborhood site.  Neighbor is trying to sell Prada diaper bag that was specially ordered from Milan and they paid retail $1350.00.  It will be interesting to see if it sells

Oh it'll sell. But not for that price...

coolistdude

• Stubble
« Reply #4135 on: March 27, 2016, 06:30:28 PM »

I saw a woman put her baby for a nap on an arm chair. She didn't need an expensive pack and play or portable crib. She was nearby for when it woke up. I feel like American baby supplies take advantage of the fear and lack of parenting Americans experience and charge outrageous prices for things they don't need.

candygirl

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4136 on: March 27, 2016, 08:24:50 PM »
I have the chance to go to Mexico with some amazing people at a huge reduced cost.....
I need creative ways to get enough money to go within the next month.
Anyone have air miles they would like to donate!?
Bottles I can collect?
I so need a trip like this! For my sanity!

This from someone with 5 kids.......l guess it's good they are trying to be creative???

Nederstash

• Bristles
« Reply #4137 on: March 28, 2016, 06:25:06 AM »
I have the chance to go to Mexico with some amazing people at a huge reduced cost.....
Bottles I can collect?

This from someone with 5 kids.......l guess it's good they are trying to be creative???

Good Gaia, I thought you were asking this for yourself. Better put some quotation marks before you accidentally get facepunched on the forum...

a rose by any other name

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4138 on: March 28, 2016, 11:20:00 AM »

I saw a woman put her baby for a nap on an arm chair. She didn't need an expensive pack and play or portable crib. She was nearby for when it woke up. I feel like American baby supplies take advantage of the fear and lack of parenting Americans experience and charge outrageous prices for things they don't need.

Honestly, that's not really safe. I get that a lot of expensive baby products play into parents' fears and are often overly expensive or completely unnecessary, but babies really do need a safe place to sleep (an arm chair is likely to be a suffocation and/or fall risk). The good news is a moses basket or a cheap pack n' play can be found on amazon for ~$40. You don't need the pricey version for it to be safe!

A prada diaper bag is pretty ridiculous though.

russianswinga

• Stubble
  • Truth is just an excuse for a lack of imagination
« Reply #4139 on: March 28, 2016, 12:04:02 PM »
Bottles I can collect?

I have PLENTY of miles (but none I'm willing to donate, as we travel a lot ourselves). I do a lot of credit card churning / burning (recommended by The Points Guy) - where you sign up for a CC for a bonus, use it for 3+ months or however long to get the bonus, then close the card before the year runs up and you get hit with a fee for next year. It's not that difficult to accrue their minimums if you take the time and switch all your life's expenses to the card you're churning now. In the last year, I got 60,000 southwest points, 60,000 American points, and 60,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points (transfer 1-1 on Sothwest or Delta) so I won't be paying airfare for likely the next 2 years. By then all these cards will be closed and I will start again! read thepointsguy.com and you can likely get rid of airline ticket costs from your life forever.

AlanStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4140 on: March 28, 2016, 12:50:31 PM »
Bottles I can collect?

I have PLENTY of miles (but none I'm willing to donate, as we travel a lot ourselves). I do a lot of credit card churning / burning (recommended by The Points Guy) - where you sign up for a CC for a bonus, use it for 3+ months or however long to get the bonus, then close the card before the year runs up and you get hit with a fee for next year. It's not that difficult to accrue their minimums if you take the time and switch all your life's expenses to the card you're churning now. In the last year, I got 60,000 southwest points, 60,000 American points, and 60,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points (transfer 1-1 on Sothwest or Delta) so I won't be paying airfare for likely the next 2 years. By then all these cards will be closed and I will start again! read thepointsguy.com and you can likely get rid of airline ticket costs from your life forever.

I would guess the original topic of this would not be in a position to churn CC ie they maintain a cc balance or it would be best for them to not have the temptation to use the new card without canceling the old one.  CC points/rewards are great and I have manufactured some spending to maximize them too but CC games are not for everyone.

I am also wondering how they are getting a great deal on the trip but still need to cover the flight... I guess just some 'discounted' resort?

AlanStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4141 on: March 29, 2016, 07:26:31 AM »

I was thinking maybe got invited to stay with a friend or someone dropped out of a trip and you are taking their place.

ok, that would make sense.

LeRainDrop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4142 on: March 29, 2016, 04:33:55 PM »
More MLM nonsense.  I have substituted the name of the product for what it really is:

To my NON-CRAP FACEBOOK FAMILY AND FRIENDS!
I need your help!!!!💙
With your permission, I would like to post ONE CRAP post on your wall to help me expand my business. You may not be interested in CRAP right now, but your friends and family might be! My goal is to reach as many people as possible!! If you would allow me to post on your wall, please comment "YES" in the comments. Thank you for your continued support💙💙💙💙
I really appreciate it!!! 😘

ETA:  It probably goes without saying, but no one has commented "YES."

ETA2:  Her mom said yes.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 07:58:49 PM by LeRainDrop »

Ceridwen

• Stubble
« Reply #4143 on: March 31, 2016, 09:57:23 AM »
"Third time's a charm! After an accident and subsequent total write-off and then a theft I have finally managed to get a car all the way to the end of its lease and back to the dealership. WooHoo!"

JordanOfGilead

• Bristles
« Reply #4144 on: March 31, 2016, 11:12:26 AM »
Sorry to get off topic, but what does ETA mean in the context of this forum? The only use I have ever known for the acronym was "Estimated Time of Arrival," which seems to make zero sense as it is being used here.

onlykelsey

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4145 on: March 31, 2016, 11:16:19 AM »
Sorry to get off topic, but what does ETA mean in the context of this forum? The only use I have ever known for the acronym was "Estimated Time of Arrival," which seems to make zero sense as it is being used here.

"Edited to add"

starbuck

• Bristles
« Reply #4146 on: March 31, 2016, 12:28:10 PM »
Unfortunately, many people start the competition over kids' achievements as soon as they're born -- each milestone, it's when did your baby first sit, crawl, get a tooth, walk,  talk, potty train, learn to write his name, learn to read, etc.  So many parents get in competitions over their kids' development.  It's too bad.

I have a 5 month old and was browsing a book on child development. The author shared her spouse's response to the humble-bragging parents do about their kid's milestones. Anytime someone tells them about what milestone little Junior is hitting, they reply, "Already??!" An easy way to make a new parent feel good about their imperfect little creature.

hownowbrowncow

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4147 on: April 05, 2016, 03:38:19 PM »
Question: If you were in a controlled environment, with 100% safety, and you would be compensated.... but they were like "The test is, you have to smoke crack" would you? I said yes... let me know your thoughts........

Posted in my newsfeed.  Not necessarily anti-mustachian but interesting question.  I think my answer would be no though.

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #4148 on: April 05, 2016, 04:03:27 PM »
Question: If you were in a controlled environment, with 100% safety, and you would be compensated.... but they were like "The test is, you have to smoke crack" would you? I said yes... let me know your thoughts........

Posted in my newsfeed.  Not necessarily anti-mustachian but interesting question.  I think my answer would be no though.

Does this controlled environment also include immunity from drug use and possession?

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4149 on: April 05, 2016, 04:05:41 PM »
More importantly, does it include immunity from becoming addicted?