Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1952951 times)

Unique User

• Pencil Stache
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #5800 on: January 04, 2023, 11:59:18 AM »
I received the below notification when I tried to add an Authorized User to my Elan Fidelity card.  Anyone else experience this?  I'm going to send them a message to remove all AUs (it's time for my last AU and I'll remove my spouse as well) and ask them what's up.  Not concerned if I lose it, but it's my only non-Chase card right now. 

It looks like your account requires some extra attention.
Please give us a call at 1-888-551-5144 , and one of our customer service representatives will be happy to help.

I had trouble with AUs on my Elan card and ended up getting it closed permanently. Just re-quoted the post to bump it up for you to see. I wouldn't say you necessarily have the same circumstances, but yeah I got shut down on my first AU for the card :/

Thanks for the info.  I've removed all the AUs from my card and put it on hold with the old company.  I'll give it some time and maybe open up a new card to start aging when I get back to the states.  Thanks again.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #5801 on: January 04, 2023, 04:07:53 PM »
I received the below notification when I tried to add an Authorized User to my Elan Fidelity card.  Anyone else experience this?  I'm going to send them a message to remove all AUs (it's time for my last AU and I'll remove my spouse as well) and ask them what's up.  Not concerned if I lose it, but it's my only non-Chase card right now. 

Please give us a call at 1-888-551-5144 , and one of our customer service representatives will be happy to help.

I had trouble with AUs on my Elan card and ended up getting it closed permanently. Just re-quoted the post to bump it up for you to see. I wouldn't say you necessarily have the same circumstances, but yeah I got shut down on my first AU for the card :/

Thanks for the info.  I've removed all the AUs from my card and put it on hold with the old company.  I'll give it some time and maybe open up a new card to start aging when I get back to the states.  Thanks again.

Would either of you be willing to say if (a) you were or were not using either of the recommended companies? and (b) whether you were following the recommended procedures?

I ask because I am interested in data points and possible trends regarding these sorts of issues.

@Unique User @Archipelago

Archipelago

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5802 on: January 04, 2023, 10:14:15 PM »

Would either of you be willing to say if (a) you were or were not using either of the recommended companies? and (b) whether you were following the recommended procedures?

I ask because I am interested in data points and possible trends regarding these sorts of issues.

I'm still satisfied with old company despite the loss of the one card. I have another Barclays card with old company that has made about 8 sales on it since inception. It's generated around $700 without any issues.

Yes, I was following the recommended procedures.

At the end of the day, you have to be willing to take the risk that the lender will shut down your account. That risk has always been clearly defined, and I accepted the risk when I started using it for tradelines. It's a card I didn't mind losing, so it's no big deal.

harrydogyo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5803 on: January 05, 2023, 09:46:50 AM »
As a data point I've used two companies outside of the ones recommended here and my only issue after just over 2 years and about 55k of earnings was losing my BofA relationship. Also had an Amex account review that I passed.   Good tradeline companies protect their sellers as it's as important to them that you keep your accounts open.

It's certainly slowed down in recent months which is directly tied to mortgage activity going down but I'm still getting sales on my high limit and aged cards.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5804 on: January 05, 2023, 09:59:29 AM »
As a data point I've used two companies outside of the ones recommended here and my only issue after just over 2 years and about 55k of earnings was losing my BofA relationship. Also had an Amex account review that I passed.   Good tradeline companies protect their sellers as it's as important to them that you keep your accounts open.

It's certainly slowed down in recent months which is directly tied to mortgage activity going down but I'm still getting sales on my high limit and aged cards.

Wow, 55K in two years is very impressive. It's much more than a full time salary for a minimum wage job (which is $15K if you use the federal min wage).

harrydogyo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5805 on: January 05, 2023, 10:04:21 AM »
Thanks.  Yeah i have a Citi 50k plus card over 20 years a few around 30k with 10 years plus and a 60k Amex that sell well but all told I have 11 cards listed total.  Also maxed out a Barclays that hit the limit this year. 

EliteZags

• Bristles
« Reply #5806 on: January 05, 2023, 11:04:08 AM »
Thanks.  Yeah i have a Citi 50k plus card over 20 years a few around 30k with 10 years plus and a 60k Amex that sell well but all told I have 11 cards listed total.  Also maxed out a Barclays that hit the limit this year.

can you give any insight on the path to those limits? I'm guessing just something like yearly increase requests over a long time period

still trying to tune the most optimal process, have 7 cards in the 20-30K ranges seems I'm able to get a 5K plus increase about once a year on most, but not more often, but not sure if requesting increases from different cards/banks within a certain timeframe affects the chances of eachother's due to the credit inquiries?

harrydogyo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5807 on: January 05, 2023, 11:19:09 AM »
So two things have helped me outside of having great credit.  One I run a small business that drives volume through our cards and I earn a high income.  But regardless of income you can be proactive with asking for increases as much as possible and seasoning new cards (for the signup bonuses I usually prepay my taxes)

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5808 on: January 05, 2023, 11:56:38 AM »
At the end of the day, you have to be willing to take the risk that the lender will shut down your account. That risk has always been clearly defined, and I accepted the risk when I started using it for tradelines. It's a card I didn't mind losing, so it's no big deal.

Agree.  I'm fine with the risk.  I figure I might as well also try to figure out what I can do (if anything) to minimize the risk.

MoneyTree

• Bristles
    • Journal - The Best Time to Plant a MoneyTree
« Reply #5809 on: January 05, 2023, 04:58:53 PM »
I only signed on with old company maybe a year and a half ago, and I listed my Citi card with them from the start, along with 3 other cards.  The Citi is the only one that has been selling for the last 9 mo. or so, and even then only one slot every few months ($75 b/c $12.5k CL).  So all in all, not much of a moneymaker for me.  Back in the beginning I think I sold a few Barclays slots @ $25 per, but not in a long time.

I have to say my experience with how much money can be made from tradeline selling has been markedly different from the reports on here by the longtime sellers like Arebelspy, etc.  And the tradeline companies can be fairly demanding, in terms of always being ready to drop everything going on in your life to add an AU in a very particular way, especially when it has to be done by phone like Citi.  I'm grateful to Arebelspy for helping us all with the process.  I'm only saying that newbies should maybe be aware that things seem to have changed a little for the worse since the thread was first started.

For someone starting out, of course you are not going to see the same results as those who have been doing it for years. As with most things, if you are new to something, it is hard to comprehend what a longtime practitioner does that produces such markedly different results. I started out pretty small, just a few hundred dollars a year. Incredible ROI for the effort, but it was not an amount of money that would meaningfully impact my life.

A few years later, after getting into it - listing more cards, opening new cards, seasoning them, asking for credit limit increases, combining limits, working with different companies, etc, and I've made over $37K, roughly $12-$13K per year. Yes I've put more effort into it, but, really its not that much compared to an actual job.

MoseyingAlong

• CM*TO 2024 Attendees
  • Bristles
« Reply #5810 on: January 05, 2023, 06:57:58 PM »
For those who've maxed their Barclays card, how did you know?

I just tried to add my 37th AU and it was squirrelly.
Asked a bunch of security questions including the security code, said I failed, the AU was not added and to call in.

I've been expecting to get cut off and wonder if this is it for that card.

Is this similar to what happened to you?

TIA

harrydogyo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5811 on: January 05, 2023, 07:06:26 PM »
Yeah that sounds like what I had happen to me.

Can always move that unused credit to another Barclays card if you have one seasoning or want to add one and keep the aged tapped out one open.

MoseyingAlong

• CM*TO 2024 Attendees
  • Bristles
« Reply #5812 on: January 06, 2023, 09:35:38 AM »
Yeah that sounds like what I had happen to me.

Can always move that unused credit to another Barclays card if you have one seasoning or want to add one and keep the aged tapped out one open.

Well, I called in and a rep tried to add that AU. She was getting the same issue as I did (failed security check after she sent me a code). She also said they don't have any limits on numbers of AUs. So that card is toast.

So I asked about transferring the CL to a different card (the one I've been aging). She said there was no way to transfer a CL between cards. I did that a couple weeks ago so I know you used to be able to. So I hung up with her and tried thru chat with a different rep. She also said there was no way to transfer between cards. Anyone else hear this?

Hoping I just got two mistaken reps in a row.

harrydogyo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5813 on: January 06, 2023, 09:51:37 AM »
Ask to be transferred to a credit analyst.  Phone reps won't transfer credit.

https://upgradedpoints.com/finance/reallocate-move-transfer-credit-limits/

EliteZags

• Bristles
« Reply #5814 on: January 06, 2023, 10:19:45 AM »
so Barclays expiration is just difficulty in adding, as opposed to having all your cards with them shutdown and permabanned like Chase does? so suppose having more Barclays cards would only be beneficial

any experience with BoA or Elan do they cancel all your cards also?

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5815 on: January 06, 2023, 10:52:00 AM »
I had 5 BoA cards, only had a few AUs added and all my cards were shut down. Elan does not appear to GAF - I have added dozens of users to two cards and had no issues.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5816 on: January 06, 2023, 02:31:32 PM »
Elan does not appear to GAF - I have added dozens of users to two cards and had no issues.

Are those cards still active?

I and many others had the Elan Fidelity card cancelled due to AU activity.

Unique User

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5817 on: January 07, 2023, 10:29:12 AM »

I only use old company and I was following the recommended procedures.  Not worried if it gets shut down, but expect it is out of commission based on the message I received. 

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5818 on: January 07, 2023, 11:28:29 AM »

I may have asked that before but just to confirm. Those who had their Fidelity cards canceled and also had investment accounts with Fidelity, did they let you keep those investment accounts?

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5819 on: January 12, 2023, 02:30:15 PM »
Going through my extraneous cards.  Oooo, big word.  They're the ones that aren't accepted by the tradeline companies because they don't report, for example and for me, I got a bonus to get the card initially but they don't give me at least 2% back and I can't use them for low balance forgiveness.  I don't usually ever close cards but the strategy here is first to increase my average credit age as I have a bunch of newer cards in these categories.  Then, it'll reduce my total credit.  The goal is to let this all settle and show up on CreditKarma and then go get credit line increases wherever I can on cards used often in tradeline sales.

Another subject, I do have an Elan (fidelity) card with tradelines being sold and I would expect no connection with Fidelity accounts if they shut it down.  It's not a Fidelity account, really.  In my case, I also don't expect Fidelity is going to say "Oh yah, this guy only has a couple million in our accounts so let's shut him down".  I'd be less surprised to see an employee show up at my house and have a birthday cake with lit candles for my birthday later this month.

Heck, Redneck Bank sent me a Christmas present that included a couple kinds of chocolate, a hat and a fingernail kit.  I'm at the $75k limit there for the (at the moment) 4.25% money market.  It was definitely a surprise.

Reddart67

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5820 on: January 12, 2023, 03:14:44 PM »
“Due to the suspicious authorized user activity on your card, the account will be closed. We have also notified the administrator of your 401(k) accounts of their closures, and you will have to close out your IRA account, and be responsible for any early withdrawal penalties incurred. See IRS.GOV for information.”

I sure hope that wouldn’t happen.

Reddart67

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5821 on: January 14, 2023, 06:44:31 AM »
Has anyone been able to sell tradelines on a Santander card?

They have a decent Bal transfer deal I might want to take advantage of.

frozen

• Stubble
« Reply #5822 on: January 14, 2023, 12:05:35 PM »

I may have asked that before but just to confirm. Those who had their Fidelity cards canceled and also had investment accounts with Fidelity, did they let you keep those investment accounts?

Yes, my Fidelity card was shut down a few years ago. I had Fidelity investments and at the time and I still have them today. I reapplied for the Fidelity card and got it.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5823 on: January 26, 2023, 10:02:47 AM »
I have a tax related question. When you started working with tradeline companies, did you share your SSN or EIN with them (so that they can issue 1099s)? Pros and cons of using SSN or EIN in this case? 

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5824 on: January 26, 2023, 11:09:31 AM »
I have a tax related question. When you started working with tradeline companies, did you share your SSN or EIN with them (so that they can issue 1099s)? Pros and cons of using SSN or EIN in this case?

I shared my SSN (pretty sure it was required). I receive a 1099 and treat the income like a sole proprietorship business and record the income (and expenses) on a Schedule C.

You could argue it's miscellaneous income, but I think it's clearly a business. It's an activity undertaken to generate a profit. The plus side is you can treat any annual credit card fees as a business expense (Line 10 - Commissions and fees).

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5825 on: January 26, 2023, 01:05:26 PM »
I also report my income as business income, not misc. I was just wondering if using EIN and having 1099s issued with that EIN as a sole prop would create any additional tax reporting requirements or audit risk

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5826 on: January 26, 2023, 01:21:29 PM »
I also report my income as business income, not misc. I was just wondering if using EIN and having 1099s issued with that EIN as a sole prop would create any additional tax reporting requirements or audit risk

No difference as a sole prop.  If you got an EIN for your business, you'd put that in box D at the top of Schedule C, and you'd file the Schedule C with your personal return.

If you don't have an EIN, then just leave that blank on the Schedule C.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 01:23:08 PM by secondcor521 »

PJC74

• Stubble
« Reply #5827 on: January 28, 2023, 11:21:22 AM »
My15 year old C hase with 25k limit still sells 2 slots like clockwork. Haven’t had any other sales on my other 5 cards with old company. Everyone else seeing the same?

On another note, I was curious about my last order. Middle aged guy who lives in Denver.
Checked the house on Redfin. 7 bed 5 bath valued at 2.8 million. Last sold for 1.3 in 2011.
My guess is he is renting a room? No way he needs to hop a Tradeline with that much equity?

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5828 on: February 11, 2023, 11:35:16 AM »
I just had a weird encounter with a synchrony rep.  I added the AU, gave them the name and birthday, and they said they were added.  I requested they add the SSN for security purposes and they refused saying it's not necessary.  This is the first time they have refused to add the SSN.  They didn't give me the opportunity to add the address either.  Hopefully it still posts.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5829 on: February 11, 2023, 11:41:51 PM »
I just had a weird encounter with a synchrony rep.  I added the AU, gave them the name and birthday, and they said they were added.  I requested they add the SSN for security purposes and they refused saying it's not necessary.  This is the first time they have refused to add the SSN.  They didn't give me the opportunity to add the address either.  Hopefully it still posts.

I've had that happen before (with another issuer, not Synchrony).  HUACA.

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5830 on: February 13, 2023, 02:04:08 PM »
Going through my extraneous cards.  Oooo, big word.  They're the ones that aren't accepted by the tradeline companies because they don't report, for example and for me, I got a bonus to get the card initially but they don't give me at least 2% back and I can't use them for low balance forgiveness.  I don't usually ever close cards but the strategy here is first to increase my average credit age as I have a bunch of newer cards in these categories.  Then, it'll reduce my total credit.  The goal is to let this all settle and show up on CreditKarma and then go get credit line increases wherever I can on cards used often in tradeline sales.

Another subject, I do have an Elan (fidelity) card with tradelines being sold and I would expect no connection with Fidelity accounts if they shut it down.  It's not a Fidelity account, really.  In my case, I also don't expect Fidelity is going to say "Oh yah, this guy only has a couple million in our accounts so let's shut him down".  I'd be less surprised to see an employee show up at my house and have a birthday cake with lit candles for my birthday later this month.

Heck, Redneck Bank sent me a Christmas present that included a couple kinds of chocolate, a hat and a fingernail kit.  I'm at the $75k limit there for the (at the moment) 4.25% money market.  It was definitely a surprise.

Closing a card is not going to change your average age of account until said card drops off your report 10 years after it is closed.

g.asunc

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5831 on: February 16, 2023, 03:25:42 PM »
Does anyone know if the newerish company is enrolling new cards? I have not heard back from them. The older company emailed me stating they're currently not enrolling.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5832 on: February 17, 2023, 06:11:37 PM »

Closing a card is not going to change your average age of account until said card drops off your report 10 years after it is closed.

Sorry, that's not correct.  Since my last post, my list of cards on credit karma has dropped all of the cards I closed and my average card age has jumped. 

FtWorthAtheist

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5833 on: February 18, 2023, 01:34:13 PM »
I've been selling tradelines for over 3 years now, and today for the first time I received an apparent telemarketing call asking for the name of an AU that I just removed from my Capital One card less than a month ago.  Is this expected?  I'm wondering who, other than Capital One, would be associating him with my information.  I understand from prior reading that my address is ending up on AU credit reports, and that's why I frequently get credit card offer mail for former AUs.  But this is the first time I've been aware of my phone number becoming affiliated with AUs, so I'm wondering if there's a way to stop this.  I already get a ton of telemarketing calls.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5834 on: February 18, 2023, 01:49:50 PM »
I've been selling tradelines for over 3 years now, and today for the first time I received an apparent telemarketing call asking for the name of an AU that I just removed from my Capital One card less than a month ago.  Is this expected?  I'm wondering who, other than Capital One, would be associating him with my information.  I understand from prior reading that my address is ending up on AU credit reports, and that's why I frequently get credit card offer mail for former AUs.  But this is the first time I've been aware of my phone number becoming affiliated with AUs, so I'm wondering if there's a way to stop this.  I already get a ton of telemarketing calls.

I've received a few collections calls for AUs. I just answer that I have no idea who that person is and that's the end of it. They're clearly grasping at straws at that point to call a phone number that associated with an address where the AU has no other record than it briefly showed up on their credit report. Also, I get business calls on my cell phone from people all over the country, so I answer every call with my business name if it's an unknown number. That probably helps tell the collection agency that they've got the wrong number.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5835 on: February 20, 2023, 01:33:14 PM »

I get the occasional phone call from a collection agency.  Letters from all kinds of senders.  Collections, offers from Cap One, other random stuff I don't even look at.  Into the fire starter paper bag. 

MoMoney88

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5836 on: February 20, 2023, 01:48:44 PM »
I had a guy show up with some kind a court notice in hand, looking for one of my former AUs.

Another time, about a year ago, a wrecker showed up in front of my house and two guys knocked on my door asking if another one of my former AUs was at this address... I assume they were car repo dudes!

Reddart67

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5837 on: February 21, 2023, 01:03:00 PM »
I’ve had a couple of repo people show up, and a couple of collection letters (one was for some expensive benz way above my pay grade). Just tell them I have never heard of the person they are looking for, and they just go away.

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5838 on: February 21, 2023, 01:06:22 PM »

Sorry, that's not correct.  Since my last post, my list of cards on credit karma has dropped all of the cards I closed and my average card age has jumped.

Maybe for Credit Karma...

EliteZags

• Bristles
« Reply #5839 on: February 27, 2023, 11:40:52 AM »
didn't need another card for use as I already have 6-8 in my regular rotation to maximize cash back in various categories, but seeing as Barclays seemed to be the most tradeline friendly decided to open another one to season for future listing, most attractive one I found was AARP Travel Rewards https://cards.barclaycardus.com/banking/cards/aarp-travel-rewards-mastercard/

no annual fee, 3% airfare/hotel/car rental, 2% restaurants, no foreign transaction fees, $100 bonus after $500 spend in 90 days

I already use Citi Custom Cash for 5% restaurants and AMEX BCP for 3% travel, but suppose this one could be useful on out of country trips

immediate approval with only 9K limit even with 800+ credit score and >10X income to rent ratio, and my Barclays View has 35K limit, but imagine should be able to get that up rather easily by the time its ready to start selling
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 12:05:00 PM by EliteZags »

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5840 on: February 27, 2023, 12:01:35 PM »
Any tips on vetting authorized users if you get orders from new/unknown TL companies or add them directly? For example, how do you make sure that the AU is a real person with a real address and the SSN they provided is their real social? Any online tools (either free or paid) that can be used for that?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 12:07:34 PM by Padonak »

BC_Goldman

• Bristles
« Reply #5841 on: February 27, 2023, 12:37:20 PM »
Any tips on vetting authorized users if you get orders from new/unknown TL companies or add them directly? For example, how do you make sure that the AU is a real person with a real address and the SSN they provided is their real social? Any online tools (either free or paid) that can be used for that?

The two companies discussed here are supposed to do the verification as part of the sales process. DIY is possible but certainly riskier (and probably ill-advised unless you know the people you're adding).

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5842 on: February 27, 2023, 01:19:33 PM »

The two companies discussed here are supposed to do the verification as part of the sales process. DIY is possible but certainly riskier (and probably ill-advised unless you know the people you're adding).

That's understood. Everyone has their own risk tolerance

My question is, if you are going to DIY or work with new tl companies, what tools can you use for vetting AUs?

Reddart67

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5843 on: February 27, 2023, 01:41:42 PM »

That's understood. Everyone has their own risk tolerance

My question is, if you are going to DIY or work with new tl companies, what tools can you use for vetting AUs?

I would assume the trade line company does some form of vetting, they are supposed to be getting payed before you are.

For DIY? Have the potential AU provide a credit report? Credit Karma account? I don’t know, I wouldn’t have any desire to go down that route, perhaps only if I personally knew the person.

kindoflost

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • always trying to learn
    • tradelines information for sellers
« Reply #5844 on: February 28, 2023, 05:28:14 AM »
The right way (official way) is to get set up with the SSA: https://www.ssa.gov/cbsv/
It costs $5,000 so you need volume to justify it.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5845 on: February 28, 2023, 09:48:50 AM »
Not sure where else to easily look besides Credit Karma....which is so easy.  Went in and removed myself from 2 of my wife's cards as AU.  They've now also dropped from the CK list.

MoseyingAlong

• CM*TO 2024 Attendees
  • Bristles
« Reply #5846 on: March 13, 2023, 10:47:48 AM »
Well, today Chase sent the dreaded letter about account closure and closed all my accounts.

Reasons given:
"Too many requests for credit or reviews of credit
Account not used as intended"

This is a bummer because a week ago I opened an INK business card after reading they were approving even if over 5/24. It was approved and I received the card. And I've been waiting to go under 5/24 in April to open some new personal cards.

I think it was more the sign up bonuses than number of AUs. This card only had 10 AUs in 5 years and 5 of those were in 2018. It was a good run of credit card, bank account and brokerage sign up bonuses. Guess I'll try again in a couple years.

PJC74

• Stubble
« Reply #5847 on: March 13, 2023, 10:58:14 AM »
My 25k limit 20 year Chase gets 2 every cycle like clockwork last 2 years. I always say this is the end of the line when I add the AU. I have a checking account with direct deposit and try to use the credit card more than just category spend, not sure if that makes any difference.

EliteZags

• Bristles
« Reply #5848 on: March 15, 2023, 11:58:47 AM »
Well, today Chase sent the dreaded letter about account closure and closed all my accounts.

Reasons given:

This is a bummer because a week ago I opened an INK business card after reading they were approving even if over 5/24. It was approved and I received the card. And I've been waiting to go under 5/24 in April to open some new personal cards.

I think it was more the sign up bonuses than number of AUs. This card only had 10 AUs in 5 years and 5 of those were in 2018. It was a good run of credit card, bank account and brokerage sign up bonuses. Guess I'll try again in a couple years.

has there been history of Chase allowing new accounts or re-opening some years after shutdown? any data on how long, I had thought it was a lifetime/death sentence

had a Freedom closed about 2 years back after netting ~$3K in a yr or so

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #5849 on: March 15, 2023, 02:46:27 PM »

Reasons given:

has there been history of Chase allowing new accounts or re-opening some years after shutdown? any data on how long, I had thought it was a lifetime/death sentence

had a Freedom closed about 2 years back after netting ~$3K in a yr or so

I don't think it's lifetime with Chase, but I don't know of any specific shorter timeframe which is generally accepted.  I'd SWAG a guess that its a few years.  What is generally said about Chase is that they will close all of their banking relationships with you - not just the credit cards but also possibly checking and savings accounts.

I do know that US Bank shut two of my cards down for piggybacking, and I was able to open two new credit cards not that long after.  I posted about that data point earlier in this thread.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!