Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 219160 times)

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #1700 on: October 13, 2017, 04:14:08 PM »
we have a major meeting to hire our first employee and get everything that goes along with that in order.

You're going to need a whole bunch of employees if you really want to do this right. Otherwise you'll just have a whole bunch of credit cards available with no authorized user sales on them.

Cassie

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1701 on: October 13, 2017, 04:33:55 PM »
Following

tj

• Handlebar Stache
    • Shop Your Insurance
« Reply #1702 on: October 13, 2017, 05:27:20 PM »
Very odd to me that his reply did not acknowledge anything Joe said in his comment.
Live in a state with deregulated electricity? Check out Arcadia Power's Price Alerts Feature!

They also have a solar co-op and wind energy offsets available in all states.

Reduce Your Footprint

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1703 on: October 13, 2017, 05:37:21 PM »
Very odd to me that his reply did not acknowledge anything Joe said in his comment.

I'm assuming he will. The comment was basically "busy right now, so response will be delayed" to explain the delay.
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, and now travel the world full time with a kid.
If you want to know more about me, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.
We (occasionally) blog at AdventuringAlong.com.
You can also read my forum "Journal."

FrugalSaver

• Bristles
« Reply #1704 on: October 13, 2017, 07:54:08 PM »
Here's where I'm at. I signed up in late December with several cards. I've had 2 sales. Both in April.

Nothing si CR. Emailed and called and talked to one of the people there. Agreed to a 25% drop in my commission.

Still nothing.

It's free money but seems there's some that are getting more action thrown there way than some of us. My cards run the gamut of ages and balances.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #1705 on: October 13, 2017, 08:14:54 PM »
Considering just offering direct.  Does the credit boost last any amount of time after the AU is removed?  What is the typical boost from, say, a low, mid, and high level card?

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1706 on: October 13, 2017, 11:02:45 PM »
It's free money but seems there's some that are getting more action thrown there way than some of us. My cards run the gamut of ages and balances.

If the transaction numbers are any indication they're only selling about 250 slots per month, and rebs could be getting 20% of those all to himself.  Most of us will continue to get zero unless they find a way to recruit more buyers.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1707 on: October 14, 2017, 11:38:12 AM »
Here's where I'm at. I signed up in late December with several cards. I've had 2 sales. Both in April.

Yeah.

I'm of the opinion that a few sales from a good company is better than a lot from a bad one. Besides the fraud liability risk from a bad one, your card will be much more likely to get shut down.  Getting 2-3 sales every six months for years is better than getting 5-8 sales right away, then having the card cancelled, IMO.

If people want recommendations for bad companies that will burn out the cards quickly, but will pay you, I can provide those too. Some people may be willing to trade a card closure for one or two thousand dollars.

Considering just offering direct.  Does the credit boost last any amount of time after the AU is removed?  What is the typical boost from, say, a low, mid, and high level card?

So it very much depends on what the AU's credit history is like. If they have recent lates, it's almost not useful at all. If they have old issues, it's much better.

Most of us will continue to get zero unless they find a way to recruit more buyers.

Yeah. I contacted the owner of the company about this a few days ago. This was the plan for 2017, to massively scale their AU base to meet cardholder demand, once the portal was up and rolling in March. This was discussion we had in March on the phone and in April, when we met in person. It's been 6 months past that, and there hasn't been the growth I've expected. So I'm looking into that, and maybe will have to start the search again for another TL company.

That's why I was so excited about the new TL company (the one that Keith recommended). The people running it are smart and on the ball, and I immediately signed up cards with them and was excited for new competition. IIRC I mentioned it here. Ultimately they weren't doing things the way I was hoping, and I couldn't recommend them, despite the amount of money it would have made me.

The problem is that anyone can advertise for people wanting a credit boost, grab their info (name, DOB, SSN, etc.), take a cardholder, and send that info over. Just matching people up is easy. It's the verification that's crucial, expensive, time consuming and easy to skip if you don't care.

And I've researched most the companies out there, so either one would have to clean up their practices (unlikely, they're making money hand over fist with less work by churning through cardholders and exposing them to risk) or a new one would have to start. Really want some enterprising Mustachian to start one.  Happy to advise. ;)  It just needs to be done right.

In any case, we'll see what the owner says, and what his plans for growth are, and go from there. Hopefully the good companies can scale more, or another good company will start, rather than going with bad ones.

But if you guys just want sales.. google Tradeline Companies.  There's plenty of them. If you're finding them on the first page of Google (and deeper), I've researched them, and have a reason not to recommend them. But if you want to do that anyways, totally cool!

And selling yourself is definitely more lucrative, with no middle man, but you need to do your own protections/verifications, and obviously your own advertising. 

As always, happy to help/answer any questions. :)
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, and now travel the world full time with a kid.
If you want to know more about me, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.

tj

• Handlebar Stache
    • Shop Your Insurance
« Reply #1708 on: October 14, 2017, 12:09:54 PM »
It's the verification that's crucial, expensive, time consuming and easy to skip if you don't care.

[...]
Really want some enterprising Mustachian to start one.  Happy to advise. ;)  It just needs to be done right.

Did you ultimately decide that it was going to be too much of a time investment to pursue starting a tradeline company? All those posts kind of just disappeared...
Live in a state with deregulated electricity? Check out Arcadia Power's Price Alerts Feature!

They also have a solar co-op and wind energy offsets available in all states.

Reduce Your Footprint

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1709 on: October 14, 2017, 12:35:15 PM »
It's the verification that's crucial, expensive, time consuming and easy to skip if you don't care.

[...]
Really want some enterprising Mustachian to start one.  Happy to advise. ;)  It just needs to be done right.

Did you ultimately decide that it was going to be too much of a time investment to pursue starting a tradeline company? All those posts kind of just disappeared...

I had to put my attempts on hold for personal reasons. The posts were not deleted, just moved to a private section of the forums. Not sure of the future of that at the moment.

I really believe in it (to the point that I spent several thousand dollars incorporating, getting legal work done, etc.). In short, I think it's incredibly lucrative (to the tune of millions of dollars), which tempts me, as I plan to donate 100% of any profits I make, and that's a lot of opportunity to do good, and I think there's a definciency in the market (lots of companies not doing it well, the few good companies missing opportunities to scale and with marketing), a good combination.

But it's not something I can take on solo right now.

pateld

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1710 on: October 14, 2017, 02:01:44 PM »
any further DPs on Discover closing accounts in Sep/Oct?

dutty

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1711 on: October 14, 2017, 02:48:19 PM »
This isn't possible in the UK (United Kingdom) / Britain / Europe is it? I have had a search but found no posts which explicitly stated this.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1712 on: October 14, 2017, 04:29:15 PM »

What does DP mean in this sentence?

Discover closed some accounts in an audit, so use of them is on hold for the moment.

This isn't possible in the UK (United Kingdom) / Britain / Europe is it? I have had a search but found no posts which explicitly stated this.

I'm not aware of it working in any countries besides the US. Other countries have different credit score methods. Theoretically if another place had authorized users, and it boosted your credit score, and it was legal to do so, there is no reason why you couldn't sell AU slots. But I don't believe it does anything elsewhere, it's a unique part of our credit scoring model.

TomTX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1713 on: October 14, 2017, 05:17:10 PM »

What does DP mean in this sentence?

Discover closed some accounts in an audit, so use of them is on hold for the moment.

Typically DP in this context would mean Data Point. ie - have there been more solid reports of closures.
Credit card signup bonuses:

$150 bonus on $500 spend for Chase Freedom:
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/2/MU4TDQ1N3K

$50 bonus (no min spend, just use it once) plus double all cash back at the end of 1 year for Discover, including the initial $50:
https://refer.discover.com/s/37e3u

$500 bonus on $4,000 spend for Chase Sapphire Preferred:
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/6/Z8JIP66H7G

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1714 on: October 14, 2017, 09:57:23 PM »
Ah, thanks. I don't think there have been any other closures besides that initial handful.

ducky19

• Bristles
« Reply #1715 on: October 16, 2017, 11:38:23 AM »

Data point from my niece's husband - added him to several cards of mine not currently enrolled with the TL company to help him raise his credit for a car purchase. I asked my niece to keep me updated on the impact it made. The first card added 150 points to his score, shocking to me that it went up that much. An additional card showed up and it jumped another 28 points. I think there are three left that should be showing up in the next several days, so will be excited to see if there are any additional jumps or if the returns diminish. For what it's worth, he had a 520 score that is now sitting at a 698 - pretty big improvement!

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1716 on: October 16, 2017, 12:50:35 PM »

Data point from my niece's husband - added him to several cards of mine not currently enrolled with the TL company to help him raise his credit for a car purchase. I asked my niece to keep me updated on the impact it made. The first card added 150 points to his score, shocking to me that it went up that much. An additional card showed up and it jumped another 28 points. I think there are three left that should be showing up in the next several days, so will be excited to see if there are any additional jumps or if the returns diminish. For what it's worth, he had a 520 score that is now sitting at a 698 - pretty big improvement!

it makes sense no one would pay thousands for this if it didnt work well.
My Miles Journal -Learn to Manufacture spend(MS)

Best super bonuses on Credit cards right now

1. Delta Gold 60k miles Ends 1/31/2018
2. Delta Platinum - 70k miles - Ends 1/31/2018

Delta Business Gold - Ends 1/31/2018

Join Personal Capital - We each get 20 bucks!!
 https://www.talkable.com/x/StjGrn

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #1717 on: October 16, 2017, 01:19:32 PM »

it makes sense no one would pay thousands for this if it didnt work well.

People will pay a lot of money for things that don't work, but nice to know this does something. Not just selling placebos
What is the going rate charged to clients?
Retired, or just homeless and jobless.
Blog
Journal

MVal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1718 on: October 16, 2017, 06:42:07 PM »
Anyone know how you vet a potential new tradeline company? Do you check them out with the Better Business Bureau or something? I've encountered a new company that can take some of my other cards, but I don't know how to screen them.
Proverbs 13:4
The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, but the soul of the diligent is made fat.

Proverbs 13:11
Wealth obtained by fraud dwindles, but the one who gathers by labor increases it.

https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wGp3WGH/savings.png

Car Jack

• Bristles
« Reply #1719 on: October 17, 2017, 06:56:10 AM »
Anyone know how you vet a potential new tradeline company? Do you check them out with the Better Business Bureau or something? I've encountered a new company that can take some of my other cards, but I don't know how to screen them.

You're scaring me, man.  Like Joe said, it's better to have a small number of sales with a good company than a big number of sales with a bad company.  There are giant flying lizards out there breathing fire with sharp teeth.  Pretty easy to become eaten.  I'm happy with the occasional AU I get.    (just got paid today, actually)

dandarc

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1720 on: October 17, 2017, 07:54:36 AM »
What is the going rate charged to clients?
ARS' recommended company, at least on their public site, is charging $495 up to $950 for a single line, and they have packages ranging from $1595 to $2395.  Of course they have a glut of supply compared to demand at their prices, but that's what they're charging.

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1721 on: October 17, 2017, 07:09:59 PM »
I just got my first order for a citi card.   The instructions said I have to call in for citi, because if I do it online the ssn won't be entered.  I called and added the AU, and the citi rep said he was going to send a card to the AU address asap.  I requested he send the card to my address instead.  I was under the impression the cc company will never ship to the AU address, but he seemed very quick to get it sent to that address?

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1722 on: October 17, 2017, 07:18:47 PM »
I just got my first order for a citi card.   The instructions said I have to call in for citi, because if I do it online the ssn won't be entered.  I called and added the AU, and the citi rep said he was going to send a card to the AU address asap.  I requested he send the card to my address instead.  I was under the impression the cc company will never ship to the AU address, but he seemed very quick to get it sent to that address?

Yes I find the customer service for Citi to be lacking, and they don't always understand what they're doing. They're only ever supposed to send it to the primary cardholder's address.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1723 on: October 17, 2017, 07:20:43 PM »

Yeah, I've had the rep tell me that, and when I asked for clarification he went and checked and apologized and said I was right, it would go to my (primary) address, and that he actually can't send it anywhere else.

Worth checking each time they say it's going to the AU address to ask them to send it to yours, because why not, but it's very very likely unnecessary.

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1724 on: October 17, 2017, 09:10:03 PM »

Yeah, I've had the rep tell me that, and when I asked for clarification he went and checked and apologized and said I was right, it would go to my (primary) address, and that he actually can't send it anywhere else.

Worth checking each time they say it's going to the AU address to ask them to send it to yours, because why not, but it's very very likely unnecessary.

If I had said nothing and the rep tried to send it to the AU address, what is stopping the card from being delivered?  Is there something in their system to prevent it from happening, or could he succeed in sending it to the AU?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1725 on: October 17, 2017, 09:12:59 PM »
If I had said nothing and the rep tried to send it to the AU address, what is stopping the card from being delivered?  Is there something in their system to prevent it from happening, or could he succeed in sending it to the AU?

Correct, it is my understanding that the rep is not choosing where the card is sent, the system automatically sends it to the primary address, and this cannot be overridden (even if you want it to). So the rep may say the words "it'll be sent to the AU's address," but it won't.  This is what I gathered after speaking with a manager there, that it cannot go anywhere BUT the primary address. It's not just like a "choice" the rep has of where to send it.

NinetyFour

• Magnum Stache
  • 124 days until Freedom!
« Reply #1726 on: October 18, 2017, 04:27:17 AM »
I added an AU to my Cap One card about a month ago, and still haven't received the card.  Should I be worried?
My Journal

Countdown to Freedom:  124 days; 14 weeks of classes; 42 days of classes

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1727 on: October 18, 2017, 07:57:01 AM »
I added an AU to my Cap One card about a month ago, and still haven't received the card.  Should I be worried?

I wouldn't be.  Have you seen any unauthorized charges?

For people worried about the AU getting the card and making a charge: It's literally never happened. In the history of this company. 10+ years now. Never happened with the old company. 5+ years. Thousands and thousands of combined tradeline sales between them, and never once has an AU gotten a card and made unauthorized charges.

I'd bet it's more likely a card is stolen out of a mailbox and (mis)used than an AU gets it.

If you don't see any unauthorized charges ever, and you remove the AU after two months (cancelling the card), and you get paid, I'd shrug and move on. You don't need the card (don't need to activate it or use it, just need to use your card that's on the account so it closes with a balance).  :)

NinetyFour

• Magnum Stache
  • 124 days until Freedom!
« Reply #1728 on: October 18, 2017, 07:59:54 AM »
I have not seen any unauthorized charges--have been monitoring closely.

Thanks for the reply.
My Journal

Countdown to Freedom:  124 days; 14 weeks of classes; 42 days of classes

hgjjgkj

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1729 on: October 18, 2017, 08:01:52 AM »
I just got simultaneous removal requests for 2 AUs on a BoA card, and add requests for 2 new people to the same card. How can I do this without getting flagged by BoA?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1730 on: October 18, 2017, 08:12:05 AM »
I just got simultaneous removal requests for 2 AUs on a BoA card, and add requests for 2 new people to the same card. How can I do this without getting flagged by BoA?

1) Call and remove the two AUs.
2) After that's done, hang up and then go online (or call again if you want and get a different rep) and add the two new ones.

Make sure you don't add/remove in the same call. Other than that, you should be fine. :)

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #1731 on: October 18, 2017, 08:23:53 AM »

Are you using a virtual or travelling mailbox service of any kind? They will reject stuff that's in a name you haven't added.
Apparently USPS can also be picky about delivering a different name, depending on how particular your mail carrier is. Some people earlier in the thread reported problems
Blog
Journal

Car Jack

• Bristles
« Reply #1732 on: October 18, 2017, 09:13:52 AM »

My last AU was with Cap One and if I'm remembering correctly, there was actually a check box that I had to check that said something like "send a card".  I checked it and got the card.  My understanding was that if I didn't check the box, no card would be sent.

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1733 on: October 18, 2017, 09:22:26 AM »
How long does it take for an AU to show up on your accounts?  I called Citi last night and added an AU right before I posted about it.  I am looking at my citi account right now and it is not listing him as an AU.  I expected a couple hours, and also expected it might not be reflected until the following business day, but it's now the following business day and it's still not there.   I want to verify the name is spelled correctly, and that he is actually added.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1734 on: October 18, 2017, 09:49:21 AM »
How long does it take for an AU to show up on your accounts?  I called Citi last night and added an AU right before I posted about it.  I am looking at my citi account right now and it is not listing him as an AU.  I expected a couple hours, and also expected it might not be reflected until the following business day, but it's now the following business day and it's still not there.   I want to verify the name is spelled correctly, and that he is actually added.

My AUs have always shown up immediately, while I'm still on the call. (My card is a Citi.) If you're not seeing yours, I think you should call them back.

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1735 on: October 18, 2017, 10:53:58 AM »

My AUs have always shown up immediately, while I'm still on the call. (My card is a Citi.) If you're not seeing yours, I think you should call them back.

I initiated an online chat and citi said they don't have a record of that (they have record of me calling, but not adding AU - they are checking into it).  So I called in again and added him.  She wasn't able to add him herself, but said a request was sent to a supervisor with all the info and would be processed within 24 hours. 

Where does the information go after you confirm an order? Under "customer documents" I have his name, bday, and ssn, but the address is not there.  Luckily I googled the address last night out of curiosity and checked it out on various real estate websites, so I just happen to kind of remember the address, enough that googling led me back to the same pictures I saw last night so I know it's the correct address.  How to you get that information if you need it again?  I guess I should just wait until I see it actually show up in my AU list online before I mark it as done.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1736 on: October 18, 2017, 11:02:56 AM »

I initiated an online chat and citi said they don't have a record of that (they have record of me calling, but not adding AU - they are checking into it).  So I called in again and added him.  She wasn't able to add him herself, but said a request was sent to a supervisor with all the info and would be processed within 24 hours. 

Where does the information go after you confirm an order? Under "customer documents" I have his name, bday, and ssn, but the address is not there.  Luckily I googled the address last night out of curiosity and checked it out on various real estate websites, so I just happen to kind of remember the address, enough that googling led me back to the same pictures I saw last night so I know it's the correct address.  How to you get that information if you need it again?  I guess I should just wait until I see it actually show up in my AU list online before I mark it as done.

I just checked in my portal. The only place I'm seeing the AU's address is in the My Tasks tab, under Need to Remove User. (For some reason, all my AUs are showing up there, even though the remove date is well in the future.) Other than that, if you needed the AU's address, I think you're out of luck.

BUT - I don't think you should ever need the AU's address. Whenever I call to add an AU, they never ask for the address, and I don't offer it. It's another way to ensure the AU doesn't get a card. They do ask for SSN, DOB, and correct spelling of the name, and that has always been enough for the tradeline to post to the AU's credit report.

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1737 on: October 18, 2017, 11:47:02 AM »

I just checked in my portal. The only place I'm seeing the AU's address is in the My Tasks tab, under Need to Remove User. (For some reason, all my AUs are showing up there, even though the remove date is well in the future.) Other than that, if you needed the AU's address, I think you're out of luck.

BUT - I don't think you should ever need the AU's address. Whenever I call to add an AU, they never ask for the address, and I don't offer it. It's another way to ensure the AU doesn't get a card. They do ask for SSN, DOB, and correct spelling of the name, and that has always been enough for the tradeline to post to the AU's credit report.

They asked me for the address last night and today.  I figured it was required since they sent me the info and the rep asked for it last night. Does the address not matter then? Am I fine just saying that they live at my address?  Is it going to be a red flag that I'm claiming all these people are actually at my address or will the cc company not care?

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #1738 on: October 18, 2017, 11:54:13 AM »

They asked me for the address last night and today.  I figured it was required since they sent me the info and the rep asked for it last night. Does the address not matter then? Am I fine just saying that they live at my address?  Is it going to be a red flag that I'm claiming all these people are actually at my address or will the cc company not care?

I do things the same way solon does.  If the CSR asks for an address I just say "Go ahead and use mine" or something casual like that.  The CC companies have not yet cared.  I think it saves them typing as they can probably just check a box and copy my address over.  My mail carrier was confused for a while but has given up caring and just delivers everything.  She probably thinks I have a bunch of Armenian immigrants living with me.
Like Overwatch?  Check out this YouTube channel:  http://bit.ly/AgeOfEon

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #1739 on: October 18, 2017, 12:35:38 PM »
This was a note I got from ARS's old recommendation, that might be relevant:

"Also, we've noticed some AU's added to Citi lines can fall off the account or have an error and the bank actually didn't add the client as an AU. So once you add a client to your Citi, it's good practice to check the next day on your online account to make sure they have been added correctly."
Blog
Journal

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1740 on: October 18, 2017, 01:30:16 PM »

I do things the same way solon does.  If the CSR asks for an address I just say "Go ahead and use mine" or something casual like that.  The CC companies have not yet cared.  I think it saves them typing as they can probably just check a box and copy my address over.  My mail carrier was confused for a while but has given up caring and just delivers everything.  She probably thinks I have a bunch of Armenian immigrants living with me.

Yeah, now that I think about it, I have been asked for the AU's address on occasion. I just ask them to send it my address, and that satisfies them.

Edit: I don't think it's necessary to say the AU lives at your house. Don't say anything at all about where they live. They could be a business partner, and you'll just hand it to them when you see them next.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 01:33:49 PM by solon »

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1741 on: October 18, 2017, 03:01:14 PM »
So how do you go about ensuring everything was added correctly?  I just got notice that an AU was added to my account so I logged in to confirm it.  I see the name is correct, but the address is wrong. The ssn is not displayed. I don't think the address should matter (I corrected it anyway), but how do I know they entered the ssn correctly since I can't confirm it myself?  I had the rep read the ssn back to me to confirm they recorded it correctly (both times I had to call in to add him), but I also had them read the address back to me and that ended up being wrong.  Either they keyed it wrong initially, yet read back the correct version anyway, or they correctly recorded it, but were able to fat finger it after they got off the phone with me.  Not sure how it happened, but it does concern me slightly that they still may have keyed the ssn in wrong despite reading it back to me correctly.  I guess I'll find out once this tradeline is either successful or unsuccessful.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1742 on: October 18, 2017, 03:08:59 PM »
So how do you go about ensuring everything was added correctly?  I just got notice that an AU was added to my account so I logged in to confirm it.  I see the name is correct, but the address is wrong. The ssn is not displayed. I don't think the address should matter (I corrected it anyway), but how do I know they entered the ssn correctly since I can't confirm it myself?  I had the rep read the ssn back to me to confirm they recorded it correctly (both times I had to call in to add him), but I also had them read the address back to me and that ended up being wrong.  Either they keyed it wrong initially, yet read back the correct version anyway, or they correctly recorded it, but were able to fat finger it after they got off the phone with me.  Not sure how it happened, but it does concern me slightly that they still may have keyed the ssn in wrong despite reading it back to me correctly.  I guess I'll find out once this tradeline is either successful or unsuccessful.

The only way I can confirm the add is to log in to the Citi website and see what they added. You're right, Citi doesn't show you the SSN. I guess we just have to trust them. After the tradeline posts to the AU's credit report, it will show up in new tradeline company's portal as "posted". I've had half a dozen AUs since I started and they have all posted correctly.

Shade00

• Stubble
« Reply #1743 on: October 19, 2017, 09:11:13 AM »
My Discover card is still resting, which is fine, and finally got paid for my July add, but it was $150 instead of $200... I know this is practically free money, so I hate to complain, but I wish they would get their payment stuff straight.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1744 on: October 19, 2017, 09:13:51 AM »
My Discover card is still resting, which is fine, and finally got paid for my July add, but it was $150 instead of $200... I know this is practically free money, so I hate to complain, but I wish they would get their payment stuff straight.

Very frustrating. I just spoke with the owner about this on the phone yesterday on a layover between flights.

(This payment, if you're seeing it, was obviously before that, as they take a few days to process, typically.)

PM me details, and I will look into it and make sure it's fixed! (This goes for anyone having issues.)

tscpartner

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1745 on: October 19, 2017, 12:08:33 PM »
As requested I started a separate Q and A thread about my company over here:  https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/share-your-badassity/tradeline-supply-company-question-and-answer-thread/

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1746 on: October 19, 2017, 01:12:37 PM »
I'd be cautious with this new TSCPartners guy.  looking at the cost of tradelines on their site for clients to buy they are extremely cheap compared to most of the companies I've worked with ... which could mean multiple things.

1. They don't pay as much to vendors - not a big deal if they are filling spots
2. They don't properly vet their AU's we're adding - huge deal as this leads to shutdowns and could get you introuble for fraud
3. They just take a smaller margin which leads to higher volumes on both sides. 

i would bet its number 2.  But number 3 may be a boon for everyone here.  ARS maybe able to weigh in on the true costs to run a TL company since he's working on one.
My Miles Journal -Learn to Manufacture spend(MS)

Best super bonuses on Credit cards right now

1. Delta Gold 60k miles Ends 1/31/2018
2. Delta Platinum - 70k miles - Ends 1/31/2018

Delta Business Gold - Ends 1/31/2018

Join Personal Capital - We each get 20 bucks!!
 https://www.talkable.com/x/StjGrn

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1747 on: October 19, 2017, 02:01:28 PM »
This has been a profitable niche industry for a while now.  Prices will have to come down eventually, as long as the supply of cards exceeds the demand from AUs looking for a credit bump.

The problem, as ARS has pointed out repeatedly, is in finding the AUs.  You need to advertise in the right places, places where people have money to spend and a need for credit, but no credit history or damaged credit history, like newly arrived foreigners or debt recovery services.

This thread has hundreds of available cards owned by the posters thus far.  We're each foregoing half or more of the income from tradeline sales to pay third parties to find and verify the AUs.  Being a financial forum, we certainly have the organizational skills to run the bookkeeping.  We understand how the business operates, and how to vet buyers.

So the real question on my mind then, is why aren't we doing this ourselves yet?  Why isn't there a mustachians-only tradeline company?  We could drastically reduce prices by not paying the third party profit margins, provide a valued service to buyers, provide some part time work to semi-retired members looking to pick up some extra cash, and all get some sales on our cards currently sitting unsold month after month.

Rebs has already incorporated, but lots of us have existing business licenses we could operate under.  How about we stop fucking around with all of these other companies and get our collective acts together, and do this ourselves?  We start advertising for buyers, we pull our cards from companies that aren't selling them, and we do business with transparently open accounting.  Charge less than the competition, do the verifications the right way, and start keeping the profits for ourselves instead of making all of these owners rich.

What's the flaw in this plan? 

There are literally high school kids making money in this industry right now.  Surely this community of financially savvy professional technocrats can do better, with a little bit of organization and motivation. 

Someone please tell me if I've missed something.  Otherwise, I happen to know about fifty people who are about to have an extra 40 hours per week on their hands in 2018, and I'm betting some of them would be willing to help make this happen.  I would.

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #1748 on: October 19, 2017, 02:32:34 PM »

FIREd people are not very motivated to trade their limited time for additional money when they already have enough. :-)
Like Overwatch?  Check out this YouTube channel:  http://bit.ly/AgeOfEon

robartsd

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1749 on: October 19, 2017, 03:50:50 PM »

FIREd people are not very motivated to trade their limited time for additional money when they already have enough. :-)
As a non-FIREd visitor to this board, I imagine the customer service/vetting side of this would not be a flexible enough side-gig. I'd be happy to make decent money trading 2-10 hours a week (as I choose, not as employer demands, mostly evenings and Saturdays); but I don't see how you'd builld a tradeline business operated primarily by employees that fit this profile.