Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 586580 times)

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #3300 on: February 08, 2019, 09:50:53 AM »
Just posting to say that I did receive a 1099 from the new company even though it was less than $600.  So anybody who may be trying to skirt reporting that income - beware.

Is there a way to check online which companies sent you 1099s and for what amounts for 2018 tax year before you file taxes?

For example, in case one of the 1099s gets lost in the mail or you change an address and by mistake receive a 1099 to your previous address.

It's not public information, so no, it wouldn't be online.

But what you should be doing is keeping track throughout the year of your taxable income and where it came from.  You can also find out the deadlines for when the forms need to be sent.  Then if a 1099 or other tax form does not show up, you can call the company or person who should have sent it to you and investigate.  I do this.

In theory one should also confirm that the data on the form is accurate.  I usually don't do this; as long as the numbers are in the ballpark I assume they are correct.  Especially for complicated tax form like those related to stock options exercises.

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3301 on: February 08, 2019, 10:14:37 AM »
Just posting to say that I did receive a 1099 from the new company even though it was less than $600.  So anybody who may be trying to skirt reporting that income - beware.

Is there a way to check online which companies sent you 1099s and for what amounts for 2018 tax year before you file taxes?

For example, in case one of the 1099s gets lost in the mail or you change an address and by mistake receive a 1099 to your previous address.

The Wage and Income Transcript listed on this page will show all banks/companies that reported 1099 income: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/tax-return-transcript-types-and-ways-to-order-them

topshot

• Stubble
« Reply #3302 on: February 11, 2019, 09:31:46 AM »
My 30-year BoA card was just closed (supposedly during a periodic review) for irregular AU activity. I don't know whether the rep really couldn't or just wouldn't give me more details when I pressed him several times such as what would constitute irregular activity or why their site says it's "a great way to extend your credit line" to others.

I requested to re-open and he said the reply back was "the terms & conditions you originally agreed to are no longer available". I pressed him on that, too. I can see T&C changing but how do they become unavailable? I wondered if he was just playing with me.

It had 3 current AUs and 9 prior to that since Sep 2017.

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #3303 on: February 11, 2019, 11:26:19 AM »
My 30-year BoA card was just closed (supposedly during a periodic review) for irregular AU activity. I don't know whether the rep really couldn't or just wouldn't give me more details when I pressed him several times such as what would constitute irregular activity or why their site says it's "a great way to extend your credit line" to others.

I requested to re-open and he said the reply back was "the terms & conditions you originally agreed to are no longer available". I pressed him on that, too. I can see T&C changing but how do they become unavailable? I wondered if he was just playing with me.

Emphasis added.  Bummer.  Old Company recommends a max of 2 AUs at a time on BofA cards.

Shade00

• Stubble
« Reply #3304 on: February 11, 2019, 12:00:40 PM »
I had my Discover closed last September, probably due to selling tradelines. I would like to get a new Discover account at some point in the near future; anyone who has a had a Discover account closed, have you been able to reapply for a new account? Any idea on how long I'd have to wait? I really liked the Discover card, too.

topshot

• Stubble
« Reply #3305 on: February 11, 2019, 03:58:08 PM »
Emphasis added.  Bummer.  Old Company recommends a max of 2 AUs at a time on BofA cards.

That is all I wanted on it and had the company change that when I got the 3rd one. As everyone else says, it's not IF your card will be closed, it's WHEN it will be. I was hoping for another year or 2 at least.

gamzarme

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3306 on: February 12, 2019, 11:03:39 AM »

All my BoA accounts were closed. I only had credit cards. The youngest line was on fire, I played with it, and it got me burned. (Senseless, lowest earn tier and 5 AUs - company never asked to remove AUs, just add more.) The oldest line was almost 7 years, altogether over $25k in credit with BoA. All that history is gone. From reading this thread I know that there isn't any hope of having having the accounts reopened. Effective ban from BoA.

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3307 on: February 14, 2019, 08:09:21 PM »
You take your chances with selling tradelines. It's not guaranteed.

Padonak

• Bristles
« Reply #3308 on: February 14, 2019, 08:46:57 PM »
The last two or three times I added Citicard AUs over the phone, I was asked if i wanted them to issue the card for AU. The last time the rep asked me "if I wanted the card issued or just add that person as an administrator", whatever that means. I opted for issuing the card. Does anybody know what happens if I ask them not to issue one? Will the tradeline still post?

The problem with Citi is that they issue actual cards and mail them to my address but put AU's name on the envelope. Then the postman most of the time doesn't deliver these letters because the name on the mailbox doesn't match the name on the letter.

charuhans

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3309 on: February 15, 2019, 11:46:29 AM »
New company emailed me a password-protected copy of my 1099, so I assume they aren't sending hard copies. I suggest checking your emails.

I got one from the old company.  I'll check my snail mail today.

I haven't got the 1099 from the New Company, yet. I emailed them but as usual no response. I know the amount that they paid me in 2018 but am not confident that they will report it correctly to the IRS. So now am held up and probably will have to request Joe to nudge them.

DarrellEW

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3310 on: February 15, 2019, 12:31:23 PM »
New company emailed me a password-protected copy of my 1099, so I assume they aren't sending hard copies. I suggest checking your emails.

I got one from the old company.  I'll check my snail mail today.

I haven't got the 1099 from the New Company, yet. I emailed them but as usual no response. I know the amount that they paid me in 2018 but am not confident that they will report it correctly to the IRS. So now am held up and probably will have to request Joe to nudge them.

I'm in the same boat. Just e-mailed them and got a reply within minutes. Make sure you e-mail one (or all) of the three employees directly (not sure if we're allowed to share their names), as they don't monitor the 'info' and 'support' e-mail addresses.

Update: Apparently, my 1099 was sent to my old address (from ~1.5 years ago) despite the portal showing my current address. Now working to resolve that issue, but they sent me a PDF of my 1099 in the meantime.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 03:28:11 PM by DarrellEW »

SilverAg47

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3311 on: February 18, 2019, 03:06:42 PM »
The problem with Citi is that they issue actual cards and mail them to my address but put AU's name on the envelope. Then the postman most of the time doesn't deliver these letters because the name on the mailbox doesn't match the name on the letter.

I hate that some Credit Card Companies do this.  I have the same problem with letters not being delivered to me because it is not my name on the outside.  I'm signed up for Informed Delivery, so I will see that a card is coming, but then I won't get it because it isn't my name.  So stupid.

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #3312 on: February 18, 2019, 03:09:04 PM »

I hate that some Credit Card Companies do this.  I have the same problem with letters not being delivered to me because it is not my name on the outside.  I'm signed up for Informed Delivery, so I will see that a card is coming, but then I won't get it because it isn't my name.  So stupid.

The post office has always delivered anything to my address, regardless of the addressee.  I get stuff here for me, my kids, my AUs, the previous homeowners, and my sister.  I'd suggest taking the issue up with your local post office; my understanding is they're not doing their job.

FrontRanger

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3313 on: February 19, 2019, 03:02:03 PM »
Is this below message from Barclays the "death message" of you can't add any more AUs? I have added close to 30+ so far and tried one more and got this message below. Never received it before when adding online.

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but we could not complete your request. Please try again."
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 03:26:04 PM by FrontRanger »

Padonak

• Bristles
« Reply #3314 on: February 19, 2019, 05:23:01 PM »
^yes, that was my death message from Barclays