Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 204248 times)

wadatong

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #1600 on: September 03, 2017, 11:31:49 AM »
Just had my discover card credit line terminated under normal account review procedures. It has no reason listed. It just says "our credit decision was based in whole on the information found on your account."

This was the first card I had authorized users put on a few months ago. Seems they are doing an audit. Oh well, there goes one of my oldest accounts. Good thing I have others.

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1601 on: September 03, 2017, 12:15:28 PM »
Wow that's scary. I have 2 cards with Discover and I hope they don't get shut down. Admittedly I am spending some money on them.

TomTX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1602 on: September 03, 2017, 03:48:33 PM »
Please give the TL company a heads up.
Credit card signup bonuses:

$150 bonus on $500 spend for Chase Freedom:
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/2/MU4TDQ1N3K

$50 bonus (no min spend, just use it once) plus double all cash back at the end of 1 year for Discover, including the initial $50:
https://refer.discover.com/s/37e3u

$500 bonus on $4,000 spend for Chase Sapphire Preferred:
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/6/Z8JIP66H7G

wadatong

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1603 on: September 04, 2017, 07:02:43 AM »
I sent them a message.

SimpleSpartan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1604 on: September 04, 2017, 12:50:58 PM »
BM

madage

• Bristles
« Reply #1605 on: September 05, 2017, 03:20:06 AM »
Just had my discover card credit line terminated under normal account review procedures. It has no reason listed. It just says "our credit decision was based in whole on the information found on your account."

This was the first card I had authorized users put on a few months ago. Seems they are doing an audit. Oh well, there goes one of my oldest accounts. Good thing I have others.

I received the same notice on my Discover card. Oh well.

Can't Wait

• Stubble
« Reply #1606 on: September 05, 2017, 11:11:49 AM »
I just added my wife as an authorized user on my Chase Sapphire Preferred card and all they asked for was her name and address. How does a "sold" tradeline get reported to the credit bureaus if they don't ask for a social security number?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1607 on: September 05, 2017, 11:59:32 AM »
I just added my wife as an authorized user on my Chase Sapphire Preferred card and all they asked for was her name and address. How does a "sold" tradeline get reported to the credit bureaus if they don't ask for a social security number?

All of them do ask for SSN except Chase.

Chase, thus, will not report on its own. You need another card that has the same address.  Thus when you sell a line on Chase, you have to "pair" it with another card and sell a line there, too, so the Chase will report correctly.

Presumably your wife has the address already on her credit report, so it should report okay for her. For an AU, another card would need to be used in tandum.
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, and now travel the world full time with a kid.
If you want to know more about me, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.
We (occasionally) blog at AdventuringAlong.com.
You can also read my forum "Journal."

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1608 on: September 05, 2017, 01:19:32 PM »

All of them do ask for SSN except Chase.

Chase, thus, will not report on its own. You need another card that has the same address.  Thus when you sell a line on Chase, you have to "pair" it with another card and sell a line there, too, so the Chase will report correctly.

Presumably your wife has the address already on her credit report, so it should report okay for her. For an AU, another card would need to be used in tandum.

barclay's doesnt and i've never had an issue with an unpaired user reporting properly when not calling in to give the SSA number and i've never called in to give the SSA number and all adds work.
Best super bonuses on Credit cards right now - ask me how to Mfg spend to meet the sign up bonus

1. Delta Gold 60k miles Ends 1/31/2018
2. Delta Platinum - 70k miles - Ends 1/31/2018

Delta Business Gold - Ends 1/31/2018

Top Cash Back

sobezen

• Bristles
« Reply #1609 on: September 05, 2017, 02:57:21 PM »
Looking to test this since the old company did not generate any interest. Send ARS pm. Thanks for sharing.
The best thing money can buy is financial freedom.

ditkanate

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • ditka's dumb journal
« Reply #1610 on: September 06, 2017, 01:42:24 PM »
Calling in my 7th add overall today and had my first encounter with a fraud department.  Ended up not being a big deal, they just want to make sure the actual account owner is the one calling in to add these people.  Asked me to repeat the AU's SS# and Bdate 3-4 times and put me on hold for a while.  But ended up going through fine.  Just a little more annoying than the typical call in. 

lfstyl_stag

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1611 on: September 06, 2017, 11:02:31 PM »
Got my first two AUs today. Added without a hitch.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

How long after signing up did it take to get an add? I just went through the signup process today.

lfstyl_stag

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1612 on: September 06, 2017, 11:19:53 PM »
With the old company, I have a Discover card at $9500.  I have always had my four spots full on that card because it is the cheapest rate for buyers at <$10k limit.  I'd try to get right under the next pay threshold.

So $14,999, $19,999, $29,999, or $39,999.

Wow, that seems like a really good idea. Are you confident that this method works? Maybe i'll try to bump $15,000 CL up to $19,500 or so.

Shade00

• Stubble
« Reply #1613 on: September 07, 2017, 03:50:34 PM »
Still have not been paid for an add back on June 25. I know this is minimal work for the money, but it's still frustrating to have to follow up with them repeatedly to get adds paid every time.

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1614 on: September 07, 2017, 06:15:13 PM »
With the old company, I have a Discover card at $9500.  I have always had my four spots full on that card because it is the cheapest rate for buyers at <$10k limit.  I'd try to get right under the next pay threshold.

Wow, that seems like a really good idea. Are you confident that this method works? Maybe i'll try to bump $15,000 CL up to $19,500 or so.

I sell all the spots on that card every month.  If the customers have to pay a set amount for any cards under $10k, they are going to pick the ones with the highest limit possible.  I assume this will be the case with all brackets if the customers are able to pick the cards from a list.
Get $150 after $500 spend w/ Chase Freedom: https://www.referyourchasecard.com/2/OKUUT3TERJ

Get $500 after $4k spend w/ Chase Sapphire Preferred:
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/6/6NBNP4WEGJ

Sign up for Personal Capital, link one investment account, get $20 Amazon GC: https://www.talkable.com/x/lpr1AX

Optimiser

• Bristles
« Reply #1615 on: September 07, 2017, 08:56:58 PM »
I have a 10 or 12 year old Discover card with a $9500 limit. It's the only card I have that's had any sales, but it's only had two sales in 9 months with the new company.

MasterStache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1616 on: September 08, 2017, 04:58:37 AM »

I sell all the spots on that card every month.  If the customers have to pay a set amount for any cards under $10k, they are going to pick the ones with the highest limit possible.  I assume this will be the case with all brackets if the customers are able to pick the cards from a list.
How old is the card if you don't mind me asking?

hoping2retire35

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1617 on: September 08, 2017, 06:50:23 AM »
any ideas on how the equifax breach will effect this? seems like it would be difficult to add lots of AUs if you have to do all of that verification everytime.

erutio

• Stubble
« Reply #1618 on: September 08, 2017, 11:10:34 AM »
Just wanted to add another data point.

Credit company "D" shut down my card yesterday (after I added a new AU on Tuesday), with no warning and no reason given, except the generic "our credit decision was based in whole on the information found on your account" that someone else above got.

Card was 19 years old, had a 20.5k limit, I use it regularly over the years, averaging 200-2000 dollars monthly spend. I've had 7 adds on it since Jan.

I've spent close to an hour on the phone with "D" and they were utterly unhelpful in getting my account reopened.  They were not even able to tell me why, but instructed me to write to the corporate office.  I had the senior person admit to me that nothing would probably change even if I wrote in.  I was extremely nice the whole time, but changed my tone towards the end to try a different tactic.  Didn't work.  I can't believe they wouldn't even give a 19-year customer the courtesy of explaining their reasons over the phone rather than having to use snail mail.

ETA:  This card was used through the new TL company

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1619 on: September 08, 2017, 11:20:08 AM »
Yikes. The good times are about to end with Discover it seems like.

RedwoodDreams

• Stubble
« Reply #1620 on: September 08, 2017, 11:51:00 AM »
Yikes. The good times are about to end with Discover it seems like.

What a shame. That was one that I sold consistently 1-2x/ monthly. ARS warned us it could happen, and here we are.

dakota5176

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1621 on: September 08, 2017, 07:18:53 PM »
It is upsetting to see so many Discover cards being shut down.  This is where I have had all my AUs as my card is very old with a high limit.  I recently got approved for a second to Discover card in my maiden name to "season."  If my old card gets shut down would my new one be at risk too? It's not old enough for AUs and even though it's in my maiden name obviously the ss# and addresses are the same.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1622 on: September 08, 2017, 07:40:35 PM »
It is upsetting to see so many Discover cards being shut down.

Definitely.  =/

Totally sucks if that's your main card for AU sales.

It's good to have a diversity of cards. Barclay, Capital One, Citi, US Bank, etc. all seem good still.

B of A and now Doscover have both had issues this year.

This is where I have had all my AUs as my card is very old with a high limit.  I recently got approved for a second to Discover card in my maiden name to "season."  If my old card gets shut down would my new one be at risk too? It's not old enough for AUs and even though it's in my maiden name obviously the ss# and addresses are the same.

No, Chase is the only one that may shut down other accounts; other companies, including Discover, to this point have only shut down the one card, but not other cards you have with them.  (Obviously it's their perogative at any point to close any accounts you have with them, so I suppose that's possible, but no other companies have done so historically besides Chase, as mentioned in the OP).
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, and now travel the world full time with a kid.
If you want to know more about me, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.

monarda

• Bristles
« Reply #1623 on: September 09, 2017, 11:29:20 AM »
So, What does this Equifax breach mean for this whole strategy? If I choose to freeze my credit does that mean I'm entirely out of this game?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1624 on: September 09, 2017, 11:33:07 AM »
So, What does this Equifax breach mean for this whole strategy? If I choose to freeze my credit does that mean I'm entirely out of this game?

AFAIK, it shouldn't affect anything.

AUs don't show up on your credit report. Selling tradelines does not affect your credit. I don't see why freezing it would prevent you from adding AUs (it just prevents you, or anyone else, from opening new lines in your name that would show up on your credit report).

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my understanding.  :)

kudy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1625 on: September 09, 2017, 03:34:58 PM »

AFAIK, it shouldn't affect anything.

AUs don't show up on your credit report. Selling tradelines does not affect your credit. I don't see why freezing it would prevent you from adding AUs (it just prevents you, or anyone else, from opening new lines in your name that would show up on your credit report).

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my understanding.  :)

This may slow down sales, or cause issues for buyers, if they are savvy and freeze their credit. We had one AU not go through because the buyer had a freeze on his credit a few months ago - I think the companies are good at instructing people to remove freezes, but if more people have them, there may a higher incidence of an attempted AU add failing?

TomTX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1626 on: September 09, 2017, 07:37:49 PM »
As an FYI, I just noticed my Discover is "Resting"

$50 bonus (no min spend, just use it once) plus double all cash back at the end of 1 year for Discover, including the initial $50:

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1627 on: September 09, 2017, 09:01:20 PM »
This may slow down sales, or cause issues for buyers, if they are savvy and freeze their credit. We had one AU not go through because the buyer had a freeze on his credit a few months ago - I think the companies are good at instructing people to remove freezes, but if more people have them, there may a higher incidence of an attempted AU add failing?

Good point; it will not post for the AU if they do a credit freeze. Though, as you said, the company does attempt to ensure that the AU has not done that, in their communications with them.

As an FYI, I just noticed my Discover is "Resting"

Just checked, and mine is now as well. I had been intending to email them to do this myself anyways, looks like they're being proactive after the closures. Probably a smart move for the time being, while Discover is doing this crackdown.

Shade00

• Stubble
« Reply #1628 on: September 10, 2017, 09:26:09 AM »
My Discover is also resting - glad they are being proactive as I was going to also email them to take a break on it. This is the message on my card info in the portal:

Discover performing audit as of 9/2017; resting cards as precaution for timebeing

I emailed the owner on Thursday of last week about still not receiving payment for my June add. No response yet. Shouldn't July adds be paid out soon as well? I had one in July too.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1629 on: September 10, 2017, 10:04:56 AM »
I emailed the owner on Thursday of last week about still not receiving payment for my June add. No response yet. Shouldn't July adds be paid out soon as well? I had one in July too.

It is frustrating when this happens--feels like that should all be automated now with the portal (or at least very simple--click button to run report, send to payroll processor).

As always, if issues like this ever pop up, feel free to PM me if reaching out to the company doesn't get a prompt response and I'm happy to look into it.

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1630 on: September 10, 2017, 11:57:22 AM »

How old is the card if you don't mind me asking?

My card is about 4 years old, and it is with the old company that I am getting the sales.  Though now I think I should probably tell them to stop any future adds while this audit is going on.
Get $150 after $500 spend w/ Chase Freedom: https://www.referyourchasecard.com/2/OKUUT3TERJ

Get $500 after $4k spend w/ Chase Sapphire Preferred:
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/6/6NBNP4WEGJ

Sign up for Personal Capital, link one investment account, get $20 Amazon GC: https://www.talkable.com/x/lpr1AX

TomTX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1631 on: September 11, 2017, 06:19:12 PM »
Okay, first time doing a BoA add - for the address, use mine as the address, or the AU's?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1632 on: September 11, 2017, 06:23:33 PM »
Okay, first time doing a BoA add - for the address, use mine as the address, or the AU's?

The AUs. The card will still come to your address (obviously).

TomTX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1633 on: September 11, 2017, 06:31:45 PM »

The AUs. The card will still come to your address (obviously).

Thanks! My wife pointed out that the email actually says to do that. *Doh*

Was excited at my first add from this company (and first add for anything other than US Bank) - so I rushed to the site rather than reading the email thoroughly.

flashflooder

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1634 on: September 14, 2017, 07:32:40 AM »
FYI, payments for July just hit my account

hgjjgkj

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1635 on: September 14, 2017, 09:21:47 AM »
Noticed something odd about the new company last night. Still haven't been paid for July, but when I view my card, I see 2 new names on the monthly timeline. However I received no alert to add them, and I do not have adding them as a task. No information to add them even if I wanted too. Very odd. I emailed them but have not got a reply. Really odd

monarda

• Bristles
« Reply #1636 on: September 14, 2017, 09:51:42 AM »
Not odd. You'll be getting a notice to add them shortly. Patience.
This happened to me a couple of days before it was time to add them.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1637 on: September 14, 2017, 10:19:08 AM »
Yeah, it just means those people have purchased the slot, but it isn't time to add them yet.

NinetyFour

• Magnum Stache
  • 149 days until Freedom!
« Reply #1640 on: September 15, 2017, 03:33:06 PM »
Trying to add an AU to my Cap One card.

The company did not give me the AU's phone number, but a phone number is required by Cap One.

Do I enter my own phone number?

E-mailed the company but have not heard back.

Thanks.
My Journal

Countdown to Freedom:  149 days; 16 weeks of classes; 48 days of classes

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1641 on: September 15, 2017, 03:34:30 PM »
Trying to add an AU to my Cap One card.

The company did not give me the AU's phone number, but a phone number is required by Cap One.

Do I enter my own phone number?

E-mailed the company but have not heard back.

Thanks.

Yep, I use my # for that field. I don't think that's reported, and I'd rather their phone not be on anything. No unauthorized charges have ever happened in the 10+ year history of the company, but still.. better safe than sorry.  :)

NinetyFour

• Magnum Stache
  • 149 days until Freedom!
« Reply #1642 on: September 15, 2017, 03:38:09 PM »
Great--thanks, Joe!
My Journal

Countdown to Freedom:  149 days; 16 weeks of classes; 48 days of classes

frozen

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1643 on: September 15, 2017, 04:45:14 PM »
Out of curiosity, has anyone hit the limit by Barclays of only allowing you to add ~36 authorized users for the life of the card? I'm curious if there are ways of getting around it.

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #1644 on: September 15, 2017, 04:47:05 PM »
Out of curiosity, has anyone hit the limit by Barclays of only allowing you to add ~36 authorized users for the life of the card? I'm curious if there are ways of getting around it.

Nope, but you could ask if they could issue you a new card number.  That might create a new account with another 36 slots, or it mightn't.
Like Overwatch?  Check out this YouTube channel:  http://bit.ly/AgeOfEon

TomTX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1645 on: September 15, 2017, 06:05:29 PM »

Nope, but you could ask if they could issue you a new card number.  That might create a new account with another 36 slots, or it mightn't.

You mean - Oops! I lost my card! as an opener, right?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1646 on: September 15, 2017, 06:07:32 PM »
Sadly, I don't think that gets around it.

katsiki

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1647 on: September 15, 2017, 06:36:35 PM »
I didn't know about this barclays limit.  Yikes, I'm halfway there!  Time to get another BC card going I guess. 
"busy eating lentils in a van by the river"

katsiki

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1648 on: September 15, 2017, 06:38:47 PM »
I just noticed that my Elan card is resting now too (along with a discover).  Does anyone know if there is an issue with Elan as well?

Never mind.  I just saw that Elan was listed in their August 30th email. 
"busy eating lentils in a van by the river"

frozen

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1649 on: September 15, 2017, 07:13:10 PM »
I just noticed that my Elan card is resting now too (along with a discover).  Does anyone know if there is an issue with Elan as well?

Never mind.  I just saw that Elan was listed in their August 30th email.

I can't find that email. Can you remind me what they said about Elan?