Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 184048 times)

TomTX

• Magnum Stache
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #1550 on: August 11, 2017, 06:20:24 PM »
Message the tl company
Credit card signup bonuses:

$150 bonus on $500 spend for Chase Freedom:
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/2/MU4TDQ1N3K

$50 bonus (no min spend, just use it once) plus double all cash back at the end of 1 year for Discover, including the initial $50:
https://refer.discover.com/s/37e3u

$500 bonus on $4,000 spend for Chase Sapphire Preferred:
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/6/Z8JIP66H7G

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #1551 on: August 11, 2017, 09:37:52 PM »
Is it a problem if authorized user's name is misspelled (one letter in the last name is wrong)? All other details seem to be correct including social.

I had this happen once and everything turned out fine.
Like Overwatch?  Check out this YouTube channel:  http://bit.ly/AgeOfEon

FinanciallyIndependent

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1552 on: August 14, 2017, 11:14:02 AM »
Hi arebelspy,

Are you still recommending the company?  I would like to find out more. Not sure how to go about it..pls send me more information.  I tried to DM you but not sure it worked...

Thanks

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1553 on: August 14, 2017, 11:25:03 AM »
Are you still recommending the company?

Yep!  There's a lot of people selling lines now, but from what I can tell on my end, sales are increasing as well.

There are sometimes issues (they really need to get the payments automated), but they always sort things out--as far as I can tell, the only complaints are about customer service delays with questions, for the most part, but the company has always fixed everything great in the end. (And anyone having issues, feel free to contact me, and I can help try to get it sorted out!)

I did respond to your PM a few minutes ago.  :)
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, and now travel the world full time with a kid.
If you want to know more about me, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.
We (occasionally) blog at AdventuringAlong.com.
You can also read my forum "Journal."

dakota5176

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1554 on: August 14, 2017, 06:38:07 PM »
I have what I think is an unusual situation.  I have been selling lines on my Discover card, currently I have four AUs.  Today I got an email from Discover saying my account may have been compromised as part of an external security breach in my account and that they were sending me a new card in 4-7 day.  How does this affect my AUs?

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #1555 on: August 14, 2017, 07:10:17 PM »
I have what I think is an unusual situation.  I have been selling lines on my Discover card, currently I have four AUs.  Today I got an email from Discover saying my account may have been compromised as part of an external security breach in my account and that they were sending me a new card in 4-7 day.  How does this affect my AUs?

Discover will most likely send you five new cards.  One for you and one for each of your AUs.  That is what Chase did with me when I had fraud on my account and I had an AU on there (it happened to be my son and not a paid AU, but that shouldn't matter).

You shouldn't have to, but if it were me I'd probably go ahead and make a small charge on the new card once it arrives to doubly ensure that it reports for all the AU's.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1556 on: August 14, 2017, 08:20:43 PM »
I've had that happen a number of times, even before selling tradelines (actually none since).

Usually some company where you used the CC, like a grocery store, had their terminal compromised, so they cancel and reissue the card as a precautionary measure. No big deal.  secondcors's advice is good.
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, and now travel the world full time with a kid.
If you want to know more about me, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.

VeggieTable

• Stubble
« Reply #1557 on: August 17, 2017, 08:56:51 PM »
Anyone still not had any adds? I signed up 1.5 months ago and haven't heard anything since. High credit limit, card 10+ years old... I'm surprised I haven't gotten any takers yet.

sobezen

• Bristles
« Reply #1558 on: August 17, 2017, 10:29:23 PM »
I possess a credit score in the 95% range and posted a Barclays card with a limit of 19k, however, to date, no tradeline activity whatsoever and it has been over SEVEN months and counting. 

YMMV if you care to try, post a good card and do not get your hopes up; the actual demand does not support the suggested demand.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 04:14:57 PM by sobezen »
The best thing money can buy is financial freedom.

missundecided

• Stubble
« Reply #1559 on: August 17, 2017, 11:23:24 PM »
I finally got a sale. Signed up Jan or Feb. Card is about 4 years old with a $12k limit.

katsiki

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1560 on: August 18, 2017, 07:00:17 AM »
If you have multiple cards, you may want to split them between old and new companies.  I am seeing more activity with old company over the past 5-6 months.
"busy eating lentils in a van by the river"

TomTX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1561 on: August 18, 2017, 07:39:19 AM »
Anyone still not had any adds? I signed up 1.5 months ago and haven't heard anything since. High credit limit, card 10+ years old... I'm surprised I haven't gotten any takers yet.

Submitted everything for 3 cards on January 3.  3 different credit limit ranges (10k+, 20k+, 30k+)

Zero adds.

Admittedly one is a BoA.

$50 bonus (no min spend, just use it once) plus double all cash back at the end of 1 year for Discover, including the initial $50:

MsFrugalista

• Stubble
« Reply #1562 on: August 18, 2017, 12:19:58 PM »
If you have multiple cards, you may want to split them between old and new companies.  I am seeing more activity with old company over the past 5-6 months.

I am also seeing more activity with old company recently. Cards with both companies are comparable in terms of their CLs and age. I have a couple of cards that will become eligible for sales in the coming months, I have to decide which company to go with now...
FIRE'd since Oct 2016

cheapass

• Pencil Stache
  • On track for FIRE @ 40
« Reply #1563 on: August 18, 2017, 12:49:43 PM »

I am also seeing more activity with old company recently. Cards with both companies are comparable in terms of their CLs and age. I have a couple of cards that will become eligible for sales in the coming months, I have to decide which company to go with now...

Can someone PM me info on the old company?

TIA!
Every single decision you make with money either shortens or lengthens your working career.

MasterStache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1564 on: August 22, 2017, 10:26:38 AM »
Was away on vacation for 1.5 weeks only to come back and find CapOne had automatically lowered my credit limit by $20K. I called and they said that happened across the board to quite a few folks. Reason given was insufficient usage of existing credit line. Nothing they can do about it. Well that sucks donkey butt. I am sure it will affect my tradeline sales. Did this happen to anyone else?

Car Jack

• Bristles
« Reply #1565 on: August 23, 2017, 10:36:56 AM »
I actually just got my first Cap One add yesterday.  $20k limit.  I have used the card and for a while, my college son was using it for all of his purchases, so the "not being used" doesn't apply to me.  You do want to have reportable balances every month on cards you're looking to get AUs on.

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #1566 on: August 23, 2017, 02:15:21 PM »
You do want to have reportable balances every month on cards you're looking to get AUs on.

Err, I don't think this is correct.

The tradeline company wants you to have lines that have (A) high credit limits, (B) long credit history, and (C) perfect payment history on lines that they sell to AU's.

Once the line has been sold to an AU, they want you to have (A) some utilization so the line reports on the AU's credit report, and (B) low utilization so that it has the greatest possible positive impact on the AU's credit score.

When your lines are available for sale but not yet sold, the tradeline company could care less whether you have a reporting balance or not.

Mr. Green

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1567 on: August 23, 2017, 04:22:44 PM »
Wasn't there a whole sub-forum area for a tradeline company? What happened with that?
FIRE, Take Two.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1568 on: August 23, 2017, 04:38:19 PM »
Wasn't there a whole sub-forum area for a tradeline company? What happened with that?

Hey, it's gone!

TomTX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1569 on: August 23, 2017, 05:43:44 PM »

AFAIK, there was a lot of delay in getting it set up and no real updates to report until it's done. Hopefully things are still happening behind the scenes.

MasterStache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1570 on: August 24, 2017, 06:13:08 AM »
I actually just got my first Cap One add yesterday.  $20k limit.  I have used the card and for a while, my college son was using it for all of his purchases, so the "not being used" doesn't apply to me.  You do want to have reportable balances every month on cards you're looking to get AUs on.

It wasn't scaled back due to not using the card. It was scaled back because I didn't use anywhere near my credit limit. I use the card frequently. I just don't charge much to it. 

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1571 on: August 24, 2017, 05:31:51 PM »

It wasn't scaled back due to not using the card. It was scaled back because I didn't use anywhere near my credit limit. I use the card frequently. I just don't charge much to it.

Wow that's frustrating. That really screws over the effort to sell tradelines.

Shade00

• Stubble
« Reply #1572 on: August 25, 2017, 09:43:36 AM »
I had an add on June 27 and another add on July 25. I haven't been paid for the June add... seems like I should've but I can't remember the pay frequency.

charuhans

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1573 on: August 25, 2017, 09:49:37 AM »
I had an add on June 27 and another add on July 25. I haven't been paid for the June add... seems like I should've but I can't remember the pay frequency.

Contact the owner. I didn't see the payment for the June add till August 10th, asked here but didn't get any response, so I contacted the owner. He said that they were still working on streamlining the payment process and sent my payment the same day. Received the ACH on 15th.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 09:51:30 AM by charuhans »

Shade00

• Stubble
« Reply #1574 on: August 25, 2017, 09:59:57 AM »

Contact the owner. I didn't see the payment for the June add till August 10th, asked here but didn't get any response, so I contacted the owner. He said that they were still working on streamlining the payment process and sent my payment the same day. Received the ACH on 15th.

Thanks. I just sent a ticket through the online portal. My Discover also crossed the 8 year mark so I should be earning $225 per add now. The portal still shows fee at $150, so I asked them to correct that as well.

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #1575 on: August 25, 2017, 01:17:31 PM »
I noticed an AU pending order on one of my cards.  I can see it in the card view but not in the my tasks view.

Does anyone know how long it takes for a pending order to become an actual order?  How often does a pending order convert (or not) into an actual order?

ditkanate

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • ditka's dumb journal
« Reply #1576 on: August 26, 2017, 07:41:31 AM »
I haven't had any pending ones not show up as an actual order.  A couple of them took quite a while though, weeks maybe. 

Joel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1577 on: August 26, 2017, 08:07:18 AM »
I haven't had any pending ones not show up as an actual order.  A couple of them took quite a while though, weeks maybe. 

Last month I had three pending orders show up that never came through. That was a bummer, especially since I haven't had any sales in 3-4 months.

FrontRanger

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1578 on: August 26, 2017, 11:52:57 AM »
Can someone PM me the old company? Thanks

FrugalZony

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1579 on: August 26, 2017, 11:54:40 AM »
I have had pending ones that never became orders, actually have one from two months ago still pending right now.
After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.
Mr. Spock

Trial FIRE blog: http://thefrugalhumanist.com

Save money on pet food: http://pennywisepaws.com

TomTX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1580 on: August 26, 2017, 03:29:40 PM »
Can someone PM me the old company? Thanks

PM sent.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1581 on: August 26, 2017, 03:42:23 PM »
As it says in the OP, PM me with referral requests, or for any other assistance (e.g. trying to get ahold of either company and not getting a response, checking on payment or other question, etc.).

I deal with a fair amount of that for people; through PMs is the easiest way to do so.  :)

Shade00

• Stubble
« Reply #1582 on: August 28, 2017, 12:14:57 PM »
My wife's Discover just passed 2 years and it has over a 20k limit, so I was thinking about signing it up. Both of my current cards are with the new company and my Discover has sold four spots (two at a time) since I signed up several months ago, which is pretty good. My Citi Visa card hasn't sold anything, but it has a lower limit (like $11k) although it is 8 years old. You guys think the new company is still the way to go for my wife's card? Thanks!

katsiki

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1583 on: August 28, 2017, 12:25:04 PM »
My wife's Discover just passed 2 years and it has over a 20k limit, so I was thinking about signing it up. Both of my current cards are with the new company and my Discover has sold four spots (two at a time) since I signed up several months ago, which is pretty good. My Citi Visa card hasn't sold anything, but it has a lower limit (like $11k) although it is 8 years old. You guys think the new company is still the way to go for my wife's card? Thanks!

Old TL requires 30K limit or greater.  I think new TL is your only option.
"busy eating lentils in a van by the river"

Shade00

• Stubble
« Reply #1584 on: August 28, 2017, 12:50:28 PM »

Old TL requires 30K limit or greater.  I think new TL is your only option.

Good to know. Thanks!

flashflooder

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1585 on: August 31, 2017, 09:17:02 AM »
FYI: a credit issuer beginning with the letter "D" recently closed my card.  They did not give a reason, and could not elaborate at all when I called to inquire.  All they could tell me was that they had made a "business decision" to close the account after a review.  I only ever had 2 AUs on this card. 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 09:20:26 AM by flashflooder »

sobezen

• Bristles
« Reply #1586 on: August 31, 2017, 10:01:15 AM »
This is cause for alarm?  Why would "D" close your account without any explanations? 

@arebelspy:  Does engaging in the tradelines and adding AUs have any impact?  Should others be concerned?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 10:17:31 AM by sobezen »

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1587 on: August 31, 2017, 10:05:02 AM »
Make sure to use these credit cards some, that way there's less of an incentive for them to close your credit card account.

yachi

• Stubble
« Reply #1588 on: August 31, 2017, 12:38:02 PM »
Make sure to use these credit cards some, that way there's less of an incentive for them to close your credit card account.

+1.  There is a cost to the CC company to add users, mail cards, field your cards, etc.  If this isn't being recouped with credit card usage fees to vendors, they have no financial incentive to continue having you as a user.  I heavily use my cards that I have in this program while still maintaining balances below 10%.  I hope to be using the cards enough that the CC companies think twice before closing the account.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1589 on: August 31, 2017, 01:09:12 PM »
FYI: a credit issuer beginning with the letter "D" recently closed my card.  They did not give a reason, and could not elaborate at all when I called to inquire.  All they could tell me was that they had made a "business decision" to close the account after a review.  I only ever had 2 AUs on this card.

Very odd. Usualy they tell you it's for AU usage. Maybe this wasn't related to the AU thing? But then why close it? The strange part isn't that it closed, but that they'd give no reason.

This is cause for alarm?  Why would "D" close your account without any explanations? 

@arebelspy:  Does engaging in the tradelines and adding AUs have any impact?  Should others be concerned?

It is, of course, the main risk to selling tradelines: that you get that credit line closed.  The OP (first post in this thread) throughly discusses this, and anyone not okay with the risk of their card being shut down should not be using that card to sell lines on.

I only use cards that are literally sitting unused, in a drawer, otherwise. I don't mind if they're closed then.

I think so far in a year+ of Mustachians selling tradelines, making hundreds of thousands of dollars, we've had like 3, maybe 4 closures? Out of hundreds of cards?

It happens. It's just not common. It's a risk, and you have to be willing to take that risk if you want to sell lines, and go "...dang, bummer" if it happens, but be able to shrug it off.  :)

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #1590 on: August 31, 2017, 02:36:51 PM »

+1.  There is a cost to the CC company to add users, mail cards, field your cards, etc.  If this isn't being recouped with credit card usage fees to vendors, they have no financial incentive to continue having you as a user.  I heavily use my cards that I have in this program while still maintaining balances below 10%.  I hope to be using the cards enough that the CC companies think twice before closing the account.

If you really want to piss them off, charge under $1.99 every month.  Discover has (haven't verified recently) a "small balance credit" that basically makes the small purchase free.  Not really sure why, unless payment processing really costs them $1.99

RedwoodDreams

• Stubble
« Reply #1591 on: August 31, 2017, 03:34:55 PM »

+1 again. I've had Chase cards (that were not being used for tradelines or used at all) closed suddenly and it was kind of jarring, but it does make sense. Use it or lose it. Anecdotally, I can say that I used my cards often and this has seemed to help when I request credit line increases.

flashflooder

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1592 on: September 01, 2017, 06:43:31 AM »
I agree that the closure is very weird, and it makes no sense to me that it would be due to piggybacking since I've only had 2 adds... however, I've had this card for over 10 years and I wouldn't say that my usage pattern has changed at all recently.  I suppose it could just be a fluke.

Either way, don't care much other than the fact that it's one less card to sell spots on.

flashflooder

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1593 on: September 01, 2017, 06:45:16 AM »
I agree that the closure is very weird, and it makes no sense to me that it would be due to piggybacking since I've only had 2 adds... however, I've had this card for over 10 years and I wouldn't say that my usage pattern has changed at all recently.  I suppose it could just be a fluke.  I was a little surprised and miffed that they couldn't even give me a reason, but I didn't really push it.

Either way, don't care much other than the fact that it's one less card to sell spots on.

monarda

• Bristles
« Reply #1594 on: September 01, 2017, 09:10:06 AM »
Strange- yesterday I got a phone call for one of the old AUs. Don't know who from. How would they get this number?

cheapass

• Pencil Stache
  • On track for FIRE @ 40
« Reply #1595 on: September 01, 2017, 10:24:22 AM »
Are they not doing Chase cards anymore?
Every single decision you make with money either shortens or lengthens your working career.

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #1596 on: September 01, 2017, 11:31:35 AM »
Are they not doing Chase cards anymore?

Chase cards are all resting (and have been for a while).  They are concerned that Chase is doing audits and the risk of shutdown is higher.  They'll take them off resting when they think the risk has passed (how they tell I have no idea).

sobezen

• Bristles
« Reply #1597 on: September 01, 2017, 02:18:18 PM »
Strange- yesterday I got a phone call for one of the old AUs. Don't know who from. How would they get this number?

Woah!  How in the world did that happen?  Has this happened to anyone else?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1598 on: September 01, 2017, 02:21:09 PM »

Woah!  How in the world did that happen?  Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes, it's happened once before, too. Might have been in the old thread, can't recall.  Presumably based on your address that temporarily shows up on the AU credit report, a previous creditor may dig up your phone number. It seems rare (getting junk mail for a previous AU is another thing that happens, but rarely).

If you have not had a TL sale yet, and have been enrolled 6+ months, contact the owner at the previously provided email address.  There is the potential to sell lines for a lower commission in orer to get a sale for those individuals.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 09:44:27 AM by arebelspy »

Car Jack

• Bristles
« Reply #1599 on: September 03, 2017, 05:55:44 AM »

If you really want to piss them off, charge under $1.99 every month.  Discover has (haven't verified recently) a "small balance credit" that basically makes the small purchase free.  Not really sure why, unless payment processing really costs them $1.99

I do this with about 5 cards and I don't think it pisses them off at all.  Most of the cards I do the "small balance forgiveness" are also in for tradelines, so I get something out of them whether I get an AU or not.  Remember that if the balance is forgiven, it doesn't report to the credit bureaus.  So if you have an AU, you need something that'll report.  I have a routine where I keep my small balance cards in a separate case and go to the gas station when they're all cleared, put in gas below the forgiveness limit, move to the next one.  I write the limit on the card with a sharpie so I don't even need to be awake to do this.  End up with $5 of free gas every month.  There have been times (like in August) where I then get an AU on the card and need to do a regular purchase.  Big deal.  So I have to pay the $1.99 for the gas I just pumped.....I'm picking up some hundred(s) dollar income.  I'll take it.

Funny thing (to me) on the small balances.  They still earn rewards points/dollars.  This includes the bonus categories.  So when Discover had gas as the bonus for 5%, I'd get 10 cents every month in bonus.  I'm a guy who picks pennies off the ground, so yah.....I'll take it.