Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 143338 times)

TomTX

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #1550 on: August 11, 2017, 06:20:24 PM »
Message the tl company
Credit card signup bonuses:

$150 bonus on $500 spend for Chase Freedom:
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/2/MU4TDQ1N3K

$50 bonus (no min spend, just use it once) plus double all cash back at the end of 1 year for Discover, including the initial $50:
https://refer.discover.com/s/37e3u

$500 bonus on $4,000 spend for Chase Sapphire Preferred:
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/6/Z8JIP66H7G

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #1551 on: August 11, 2017, 09:37:52 PM »
Is it a problem if authorized user's name is misspelled (one letter in the last name is wrong)? All other details seem to be correct including social.

I had this happen once and everything turned out fine.
Like Overwatch?  Check out this YouTube channel:  http://bit.ly/AgeOfEon

FinanciallyIndependent

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1552 on: August 14, 2017, 11:14:02 AM »
Hi arebelspy,

Are you still recommending the company?  I would like to find out more. Not sure how to go about it..pls send me more information.  I tried to DM you but not sure it worked...

Thanks

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1553 on: August 14, 2017, 11:25:03 AM »
Are you still recommending the company?

Yep!  There's a lot of people selling lines now, but from what I can tell on my end, sales are increasing as well.

There are sometimes issues (they really need to get the payments automated), but they always sort things out--as far as I can tell, the only complaints are about customer service delays with questions, for the most part, but the company has always fixed everything great in the end. (And anyone having issues, feel free to contact me, and I can help try to get it sorted out!)

I did respond to your PM a few minutes ago.  :)
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, and now travel the world full time with a kid.
If you want to know more about me, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.
We (occasionally) blog at AdventuringAlong.com.
You can also read my forum "Journal."

dakota5176

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1554 on: August 14, 2017, 06:38:07 PM »
I have what I think is an unusual situation.  I have been selling lines on my Discover card, currently I have four AUs.  Today I got an email from Discover saying my account may have been compromised as part of an external security breach in my account and that they were sending me a new card in 4-7 day.  How does this affect my AUs?

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #1555 on: August 14, 2017, 07:10:17 PM »
I have what I think is an unusual situation.  I have been selling lines on my Discover card, currently I have four AUs.  Today I got an email from Discover saying my account may have been compromised as part of an external security breach in my account and that they were sending me a new card in 4-7 day.  How does this affect my AUs?

Discover will most likely send you five new cards.  One for you and one for each of your AUs.  That is what Chase did with me when I had fraud on my account and I had an AU on there (it happened to be my son and not a paid AU, but that shouldn't matter).

You shouldn't have to, but if it were me I'd probably go ahead and make a small charge on the new card once it arrives to doubly ensure that it reports for all the AU's.
Like Overwatch?  Check out this YouTube channel:  http://bit.ly/AgeOfEon

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1556 on: August 14, 2017, 08:20:43 PM »
I've had that happen a number of times, even before selling tradelines (actually none since).

Usually some company where you used the CC, like a grocery store, had their terminal compromised, so they cancel and reissue the card as a precautionary measure. No big deal.  secondcors's advice is good.
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, and now travel the world full time with a kid.
If you want to know more about me, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.
We (occasionally) blog at AdventuringAlong.com.
You can also read my forum "Journal."

VeggieTable

• Stubble
« Reply #1557 on: August 17, 2017, 08:56:51 PM »
Anyone still not had any adds? I signed up 1.5 months ago and haven't heard anything since. High credit limit, card 10+ years old... I'm surprised I haven't gotten any takers yet.

sobezen

• Bristles
« Reply #1558 on: August 17, 2017, 10:29:23 PM »
I possess a credit score in the 95% range and posted a card with a reasonably high limit, however, to date, no tradeline activity whatsoever and it has been over seven months and counting. 

YMMV if you care to try, post a good card and do not get your hopes up; the actual demand does not support the suggested demand.
The best thing money can buy is financial freedom.

missundecided

• Stubble
« Reply #1559 on: August 17, 2017, 11:23:24 PM »
I finally got a sale. Signed up Jan or Feb. Card is about 4 years old with a $12k limit.

katsiki

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1560 on: August 18, 2017, 07:00:17 AM »
If you have multiple cards, you may want to split them between old and new companies.  I am seeing more activity with old company over the past 5-6 months.
"busy eating lentils in a van by the river"

TomTX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1561 on: August 18, 2017, 07:39:19 AM »
Anyone still not had any adds? I signed up 1.5 months ago and haven't heard anything since. High credit limit, card 10+ years old... I'm surprised I haven't gotten any takers yet.

Submitted everything for 3 cards on January 3.  3 different credit limit ranges (10k+, 20k+, 30k+)

Zero adds.

Admittedly one is a BoA.

Credit card signup bonuses:

$150 bonus on $500 spend for Chase Freedom:
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/2/MU4TDQ1N3K

$50 bonus (no min spend, just use it once) plus double all cash back at the end of 1 year for Discover, including the initial $50:
https://refer.discover.com/s/37e3u

$500 bonus on $4,000 spend for Chase Sapphire Preferred:
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/6/Z8JIP66H7G

MsFrugalista

• Stubble
« Reply #1562 on: August 18, 2017, 12:19:58 PM »
If you have multiple cards, you may want to split them between old and new companies.  I am seeing more activity with old company over the past 5-6 months.

I am also seeing more activity with old company recently. Cards with both companies are comparable in terms of their CLs and age. I have a couple of cards that will become eligible for sales in the coming months, I have to decide which company to go with now...
FIRE'd since Oct 2016

cheapass

• Bristles
  • On track for FIRE @ 40
« Reply #1563 on: August 18, 2017, 12:49:43 PM »

I am also seeing more activity with old company recently. Cards with both companies are comparable in terms of their CLs and age. I have a couple of cards that will become eligible for sales in the coming months, I have to decide which company to go with now...

Can someone PM me info on the old company?

TIA!
Every single decision you make with money either shortens or lengthens your working career.