Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 215808 times)

solon

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #600 on: February 21, 2017, 02:40:58 PM »
I went through a round of credit limit increase requests yesterday. I was successful; I got several thousand dollars more credit. But all of them asked why I wanted the increase. I told them I was thinking of starting a new business and wanted to have some extra credit available.

I'm new at this, though. What do I say in three months when I ask for another increase? If I give them the same reason, but they see that I haven't been charging anymore since my last increase, won't they think that's odd? How many times can I tell them I'm starting a new business, without actually charging any more on my cards, before they see through my little game?

aetherie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #601 on: February 21, 2017, 02:46:54 PM »
I went through a round of credit limit increase requests yesterday. I was successful; I got several thousand dollars more credit. But all of them asked why I wanted the increase. I told them I was thinking of starting a new business and wanted to have some extra credit available.

I'm new at this, though. What do I say in three months when I ask for another increase? If I give them the same reason, but they see that I haven't been charging anymore since my last increase, won't they think that's odd? How many times can I tell them I'm starting a new business, without actually charging any more on my cards, before they see through my little game?

I've only been asked once, and I just said I'd been doing some reading on credit scores and learned that it's important to have a good utilization ratio and higher limits help with that, so could I please have a higher limit. It worked.
Want to buy some truly random art? https://www.etsy.com/shop/CaptiveChaos

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #602 on: February 21, 2017, 02:54:51 PM »
Or tell them you just want to have more available credit.  They don't care, and don't check back months ago to previous requests. They're just filling a box.  :)
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, and now travel the world full time with a kid.
If you want to know more about me, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.
We (occasionally) blog at AdventuringAlong.com.
You can also read my forum "Journal."

ss17

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #603 on: February 21, 2017, 04:42:38 PM »
Well, I guess I must be the 1'st to get my card closed with the new company.  I just received a letter from B of A saying "This account is closed due to irregularity in Authorized user activity."  I had enrolled in January, and had 2 sales last month, and had just added a 3'rd this month.  I'm wondering if I'll get paid for anything now?

Malaysia41

• Magnum Stache
    • My mmm journal
« Reply #604 on: February 22, 2017, 12:53:31 PM »
Well, I guess I must be the 1'st to get my card closed with the new company.  I just received a letter from B of A saying "This account is closed due to irregularity in Authorized user activity."  I had enrolled in January, and had 2 sales last month, and had just added a 3'rd this month.  I'm wondering if I'll get paid for anything now?

Ruh roh.  We have a 45k 1996 BofA with old company. Maybe we'll play it cool for a month or two.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 12:59:58 PM by Malaysia41 »
Last one to panic wins!

My Rohingya Refugee Charity (now Tax Exempt!)

I'm an enemy of POTUS, VPOTUS, and the privately funded political system that inflicted them upon us.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #605 on: February 22, 2017, 12:55:44 PM »

you need to inform the new company..  the site i currently use is having similar issues come in they've haulted all BofA sales.  Basically sounds to me like BofA is now dead for Tradelines. 
Best super bonuses on Credit cards right now - ask me how to Mfg spend to meet the sign up bonus

1. Delta Gold 60k miles Ends 1/31/2018
2. Delta Platinum - 70k miles - Ends 1/31/2018

Delta Business Gold - Ends 1/31/2018

Join Personal Capital - We each get 20 bucks!!
 https://www.talkable.com/x/StjGrn

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #606 on: February 22, 2017, 01:25:14 PM »

Ick. 

Sorry.  =/

Can you CC me (you should have my email from the original referral info, but if not, PM me for it) when you message the tradeline company about it (or, if you've already messaged them, forward to me), so I can be in the loop as well?

I also just emailed them separately, and will keep everyone in the loop.

Ruh roh.  We have a 45k 1996 BofA with old company. Maybe we'll play it cool for a month or two.

I have multiple B of As enrolled between my wife and I, including a 45k card I added an AU to about 4 days ago.  =/

Well, this was one of the risks... I'll be interested to see how it plays out.
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, and now travel the world full time with a kid.
If you want to know more about me, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.

HAPPYINAZ

• Bristles
« Reply #607 on: February 22, 2017, 02:31:50 PM »
Sad to hear of the BofA issues.  I have one I was hoping to make some sales on. 

BikeFanatic

• Stubble
« Reply #608 on: February 22, 2017, 03:01:52 PM »
I signed up on the new portal today. They now only take cards that are 2 years old so my 18 months old cards I did not try to enroll. Hopefully this summer I can enroll those cards as they mature to 2 years. AT least I have my wife's 7 year old card and that is the only tradeline offer I have received thus far.
Thank you Arebelspy I did put you down as my referral.

katsiki

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #609 on: February 22, 2017, 03:06:47 PM »
I signed up on the new portal today. They now only take cards that are 2 years old so my 18 months old cards I did not try to enroll. Hopefully this summer I can enroll those cards as they mature to 2 years. AT least I have my wife's 7 year old card and that is the only tradeline offer I have received thus far.

I added 2 of my cards that were 18-20 months since they were previously accepted (by email from the owner).  I guess we'll see if they continue to take them.  You might want to add them or email asking.  If they get rejected, I will update my post to advise.
"busy eating lentils in a van by the river"

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #610 on: February 22, 2017, 03:25:17 PM »
Heard back from the TL company.

They think the issue was that apparently there was an extra AU on the card (ss17's wife as an AU), so he went above the limit of 3 they do, to 4 total, which caused the cancellation.  Very important to tell them if any AUs are on there.  That's their best guess (no way to tell for sure, obviously).  This is the soonest they've seen a card shut down.

They haven't seen any systematic B of A shutdowns.

Citi is apparently doing an audit right now and shutting down some cards, and they've talked with several other TL companies who are seeing the same thing.

In their experience (~10 years in business), it happens every once in awhile (about every 18 to 24 months), for a month or two, then calms back down for awhile.

I added 2 of my cards that were 18-20 months since they were previously accepted (by email from the owner).  I guess we'll see if they continue to take them.  You might want to add them or email asking.  If they get rejected, I will update my post to advise.

+1. Can't hurt to add them.  :)

charuhans

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #611 on: February 22, 2017, 04:00:36 PM »
My first add was a dud :( Citi could not verify the SSN for the AU and I had a lengthy phone call with their Fraud Department. Citi told me that they will sent me a form in the mail which I will have to complete and attach a copy of the SSN card of the AU and mail it back to them. But the AU was added to the card without the SSN. I relayed the information to the company and they told me to ignore the form and do nothing (leave the AU on the card).

This should not have happened since per the company they do a verification of the SSN of all their customers before sending them out for addition, huh!

Have since added 2 AUs to the same card without any problems. But now with the Citi Audit not sure when the card will be shut down.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #612 on: February 22, 2017, 04:03:53 PM »
My first add was a dud
Have since added 2 AUs to the same card without any problems.

Weird. The latter two tends to happen much more often. Adds that don't post happen, but infrequently (I'd guess maybe 1 in 20?).

But now with the Citi Audit not sure when the card will be shut down.

Yeah, I'm curious to see how the various companies play out (B of A, Citi, etc.).  Crossing my fingers!

Fireball

• Stubble
« Reply #613 on: February 22, 2017, 08:06:36 PM »
This should not have happened since per the company they do a verification of the SSN of all their customers before sending them out for addition, huh!

Weird. Easiest explanation is they don't verify the SSN in the IRS database, but maybe there's another possibility.

Smokystache

• Stubble
« Reply #614 on: February 22, 2017, 08:24:29 PM »
It isn't clear from the email - do I need to create 2 different accounts for my cards and my wife's on the new portal? Maybe I missed a note about it. Thought I might get a quicker reply here.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #615 on: February 22, 2017, 08:29:28 PM »
It isn't clear from the email - do I need to create 2 different accounts for my cards and my wife's on the new portal? Maybe I missed a note about it. Thought I might get a quicker reply here.

Did you originally sign two agreements?

I did two different accounts for my wife and I, as we have different SSNs for payment (though I used the same email--just a different username, phone, and bank account for payment on both).

Smokystache

• Stubble
« Reply #616 on: February 22, 2017, 08:30:50 PM »
Holy cow you're fast ... yes, we did sign two agreements. I'll go ahead and set up a second account just for hers.
Thanks!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #617 on: February 22, 2017, 08:32:39 PM »
Haha. As the large number under my username indicates, having something to do all day in FIRE isn't a problem for me. ;)

FrugalSaver

• Bristles
« Reply #618 on: February 22, 2017, 10:25:51 PM »
I received the email to add my cards.  I also participated in the beta. 

As when helping test the beta, when i submit all my info for a card, i click "Save" and no card is added.  I then click "Exit" and no card is added.

Is there some magic I'm supposed to do to get my cards added?  I emailed them about 10 days ago with this issue and never heard back.

Any suggestions for those that have been able to get this to work?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #619 on: February 22, 2017, 11:27:50 PM »
Once you add a card, it should show up as "pending" in the my cards section.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #620 on: February 23, 2017, 04:35:36 AM »
Updated information regarding payouts:

Currently it happens roughty one month after your close (as mentioned in my comparison post)--usually within a few days, after they check everything posted correctly.  So those of you with January adds should see payment any time, if you haven't yet.

It may switch to the end of the following month, the way new company does it, due to the way the system is structured with the new portal.  I'll update the original posts if and when that happens.

So for now, payouts from the manual emails should be arriving about a month after you add them.

ducky19

• Bristles
« Reply #621 on: February 23, 2017, 04:50:27 AM »

As when helping test the beta, when i submit all my info for a card, i click "Save" and no card is added.  I then click "Exit" and no card is added.

Is there some magic I'm supposed to do to get my cards added?  I emailed them about 10 days ago with this issue and never heard back.

Have you tried using a different browser?

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #622 on: February 23, 2017, 05:45:03 AM »
I had to switch to Firefox when I signed up because the pop up box to enter my information was cut off and I couldn't see the line for my first name.  People with bigger screens or higher resolution probably won't have a problem.

I also really like the green loading bar on the new interface, it reminds me of computer games from the early 90s.
Get $150 after $500 spend w/ Chase Freedom: https://www.referyourchasecard.com/2/OKUUT3TERJ

Get $500 after $4k spend w/ Chase Sapphire Preferred:
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/6/6NBNP4WEGJ

Sign up for Personal Capital, link one investment account, get $20 Amazon GC: https://www.talkable.com/x/lpr1AX

aetherie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #623 on: February 23, 2017, 05:45:39 AM »

I just got the email this morning and am having the same problem as you. I tried both Chrome and Firefox. I click the button, nothing happens, and nothing shows up in "my cards".

ducky19

• Bristles
« Reply #624 on: February 23, 2017, 06:03:37 AM »
Check your popup settings - if you've got them set to the most restrictive, it could be blocking the popup asking if all the information is correct. You have to click "Yes" on that before you'll get the cool 90's video game loading bar.

aetherie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #625 on: February 23, 2017, 06:13:24 AM »
Check your popup settings - if you've got them set to the most restrictive, it could be blocking the popup asking if all the information is correct. You have to click "Yes" on that before you'll get the cool 90's video game loading bar.

Ah, good call. Now I'm getting
**Card Add Failed!!

Time to put in a support ticket...

**Ticket Add failed!

Well crap.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 06:17:12 AM by aetherie »

charuhans

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #627 on: February 23, 2017, 09:55:13 AM »
What does the "Used Card in past 60 days" mean? It does not allow to click the "Yes" button.

katsiki

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #628 on: February 23, 2017, 10:05:13 AM »
What does the "Used Card in past 60 days" mean? It does not allow to click the "Yes" button.

I thought it was asking "have you used the card in the past 60 days?"  I was able to choose yes or no.  You may want to try a different browser since some have noted browser issues.  Firefox worked fine for me on Windows.

BikeFanatic

• Stubble
« Reply #629 on: February 23, 2017, 11:59:28 AM »
I can not add a card either using chrome, but it worked yesterday. I did have to adjust my zoom to 75%
in the browser. But now can not add any more cards, I wonder if it is because they are less than 2 years old or is this a glich.

Joel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #630 on: February 23, 2017, 01:11:56 PM »
I was able to add my three cards. They have statement dates around the 25th. So hopefully I get sales here shortly and don't miss another month... :(

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #631 on: February 23, 2017, 09:50:56 PM »
Just got an email to sign up for new company's portal!
Current status is: they are sending out emails in batches to not overwhelm the portal with everyone signing up for it at once.  So some people will have gotten an email (a small percent of Mustachians, around 10%, I believe) today, and then more will get it over the next few days.

I'd guess everyone will get it within the next week or two.

I believe the last batch of emails should go out tomorrow, and then everyone should have received it.

If you want tradeline sales, go on and create a login, and add your cards into the system.

If you want to get the higher MMM payouts, make sure you put MMM/Joe as the referral in the drop down.

FrugalSaver

• Bristles
« Reply #632 on: February 23, 2017, 09:55:23 PM »

I just got the email this morning and am having the same problem as you. I tried both Chrome and Firefox. I click the button, nothing happens, and nothing shows up in "my cards".

Using explorer probably solves the problem
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 09:57:07 PM by FrugalSaver »

Malaysia41

• Magnum Stache
    • My mmm journal
« Reply #633 on: February 23, 2017, 11:27:08 PM »
I have a question that I'm sure we've gone over but can't find it in the first few pages.

If I keep my spouse listed as an authorized user, does that reduce the number of spots I should sell at a time?

What if I keep my spouse + daughter on the card?

Thanks and again sorry if this has been posted. MMM search utility is not .. uh .. terribly helpful.
Last one to panic wins!

I'm an enemy of POTUS, VPOTUS, and the privately funded political system that inflicted them upon us.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #634 on: February 23, 2017, 11:37:33 PM »
I have a question that I'm sure we've gone over but can't find it in the first few pages.

If I keep my spouse listed as an authorized user, does that reduce the number of spots I should sell at a time?

Thanks and again sorry if this has been posted. MMM search utility is not .. uh .. terribly helpful.
Yes, that will reduce the number of spots. Make sure you let the company know, or you'll be at a much higher risk of card cancellation (by going over the limits the raise flags to the CC issuers).

I'd personally remove the extra people, then just add them (and let TL company know) only when they'll be applying for credit, but you can just reduce your spots open for sales if you'd like.

Malaysia41

• Magnum Stache
    • My mmm journal
« Reply #635 on: February 23, 2017, 11:40:49 PM »

Yes, that will reduce the number of spots. Make sure you let the company know, or you'll be at a much higher risk of card cancellation (by going over the limits the raise flags to the CC issuers).

I'd personally remove the extra people, then just add them (and let TL company know) only when they'll be applying for credit, but you can just reduce your spots open for sales if you'd like.

Okay - that's just as I'd expected. Thanks.
Last one to panic wins!

CatRamBone

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #636 on: February 24, 2017, 06:19:08 AM »
what were to happen when the card is closed? is this reported on  your credit?

tj

• Handlebar Stache
    • Shop Your Insurance
« Reply #637 on: February 24, 2017, 07:18:03 AM »
what were to happen when the card is closed? is this reported on  your credit?

It would say closed by issuer. Im not sure if ot gets any more specific than that.
Live in a state with deregulated electricity? Check out Arcadia Power's Price Alerts Feature!

They also have a solar co-op and wind energy offsets available in all states.

Reduce Your Footprint

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #638 on: February 24, 2017, 07:33:41 AM »
i'm all setup and my cards are active in his system.  we'll see how the adds roll.
Best super bonuses on Credit cards right now - ask me how to Mfg spend to meet the sign up bonus

1. Delta Gold 60k miles Ends 1/31/2018
2. Delta Platinum - 70k miles - Ends 1/31/2018

Delta Business Gold - Ends 1/31/2018

Join Personal Capital - We each get 20 bucks!!
 https://www.talkable.com/x/StjGrn

katsiki

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #639 on: February 24, 2017, 07:55:58 AM »

My 18-20 month old cards were accepted/activated.  If anyone has cards over 18 months with limits over 12K (my suggestion), I would put them in.

FrugalZony

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #640 on: February 24, 2017, 02:08:30 PM »
Just checking in to say, I did get the email a couple of days back, but have not had the time to create account.
On todo list for this weekend.

I did get two more spots sold a couple of days ago. Thanks ARS!!

The email now said to get the cards AND activate them, unlike the last adds where they just wanted me
to get card, but not activate.
This is a big hassle for me, being a fulltime traveller and receiving mail at a friends place,
where I don't want cards mailed to with a bunch of different names.
I did ask my contact person, if it's absolutely mandatory to get card and activate and she said it was not.
So I opted to not do that.
I understand that means a higher risk to me, as the card issuer could question the adds, but there's no disadvantage to the AUs.
If I knew I'd sell that many spots on a regular basis, it would be worthwhile investing in a mail forwarder, but at this point
the deal I have with my friend, works fine for me.

After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.
Mr. Spock

Trial FIRE blog: http://thefrugalhumanist.com

Save money on pet food: http://pennywisepaws.com

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #641 on: February 24, 2017, 02:10:20 PM »
I've never activated an AU's card.  You're good.  :)

Worth setting up the portal.  It's quick. Probably 5 minutes to create a login, and 1-2 minutes per card needing to add.

TomTX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #642 on: February 24, 2017, 08:07:15 PM »
Added my 3 cards to the site. Here's hoping for some sales next month. It will be my 3rd cycle (the first was very close timewise though)
Credit card signup bonuses:

$150 bonus on $500 spend for Chase Freedom:
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/2/MU4TDQ1N3K

$50 bonus (no min spend, just use it once) plus double all cash back at the end of 1 year for Discover, including the initial $50:
https://refer.discover.com/s/37e3u

$500 bonus on $4,000 spend for Chase Sapphire Preferred:
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/6/Z8JIP66H7G

FrugalZony

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #643 on: February 24, 2017, 10:22:43 PM »
I've never activated an AU's card.  You're good.  :)

Worth setting up the portal.  It's quick. Probably 5 minutes to create a login, and 1-2 minutes per card needing to add.
Yep I just did. Easy peasy.
Just had so much other stuff to do after coming back from my trip, but finally got around to this as well.
Wish I had more cards to add ;)
After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.
Mr. Spock

Trial FIRE blog: http://thefrugalhumanist.com

Save money on pet food: http://pennywisepaws.com

medinaj2160

• Stubble
« Reply #644 on: February 25, 2017, 08:15:17 AM »
My cards now say active. Hopefully I sell some spots

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #645 on: February 25, 2017, 09:00:18 AM »
The email now said to get the cards AND activate them, unlike the last adds where they just wanted me
to get card, but not activate.
This is a big hassle for me, being a fulltime traveller and receiving mail at a friends place,
where I don't want cards mailed to with a bunch of different names.
If I knew I'd sell that many spots on a regular basis, it would be worthwhile investing in a mail forwarder, but at this point
the deal I have with my friend, works fine for me.

Mail forwarders may not help you, at least for activating the cards, depending on how they work for receiving mail. Was discussed earlier, if the mail forwarder expects to only see mail addressed to your, they may return or destroy the AU addressed mail on receipt. 
Retired, or just homeless and jobless.
Blog
Journal

Optimiser

• Bristles
« Reply #646 on: February 25, 2017, 09:51:39 AM »
I believe the last batch of emails should go out tomorrow, and then everyone should have received it.

If you want tradeline sales, go on and create a login, and add your cards into the system.

If you want to get the higher MMM payouts, make sure you put MMM/Joe as the referral in the drop down.

Should I be concerned that I have not received an email yet?

wienerdog

• Bristles
« Reply #647 on: February 25, 2017, 10:21:28 AM »

Should I be concerned that I have not received an email yet?

Same

Shade00

• Stubble
« Reply #648 on: February 25, 2017, 12:42:43 PM »
I sent in all my paperwork on Thursday. Don't want to be pushy but when should I follow up?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #649 on: February 25, 2017, 03:15:46 PM »
They work M-F, so not hearing anything on the weekend isn't a concern.  :)