Author Topic: What TV series do you like?  (Read 735111 times)

mspym

• Walrus Stache
Re: What TV series do you like?
« Reply #2900 on: August 11, 2023, 03:39:40 PM »
Stanley Tucci’s latest show where he wanders around Italy eating delicious food. There’s Tucci, there’s Italy and there’s good food, what more could you want?

Jade

• Pencil Stache
  • UK
« Reply #2901 on: August 12, 2023, 12:13:44 AM »
Has anyone watched "no activity" by and with the "Colin from accounts" people? Finding it a bit harder to get into atm.

Also, just started another Aussie comedy "Fisk" that was mentioned here recently & really enjoying.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 05:42:28 AM by jade »

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2902 on: August 15, 2023, 07:54:30 AM »
Asking Deadwood fans...

I just finished season 1 of this show and I'm uncertain about continuing.

I know people seem to rave about it, and there's definitely some things to like (some of the performances, mainly...though I actually think some of them are also pretty actively bad). Overall, I am just kind of 'meh'.  I started it b/c it gets rec'd by a lot of the same people who liked Black Sails and Peaky Blinders, but it doesn't hold a candle to either of them in terms of plot or character development so far, IMO.

Does it 'ramp up' a lot in quality in Season 2? I know many shows do seem to need a season to find their footing.

SaucyAussie

• Bristles
« Reply #2903 on: August 15, 2023, 08:23:21 AM »
Asking Deadwood fans...

I know people seem to rave about it, and there's definitely some things to like (some of the performances, mainly...though I actually think some of them are also pretty actively bad). Overall, I am just kind of 'meh'.  I started it b/c it gets rec'd by a lot of the same people who liked Black Sails and Peaky Blinders, but it doesn't hold a candle to either of them in terms of plot or character development so far, IMO.

Does it 'ramp up' a lot in quality in Season 2? I know many shows do seem to need a season to find their footing.

I think it stays reasonably consistent. 

TV is pretty subjective, so maybe it just doesn't fit your eye.  Also, it's been built up as one of the "greatest shows of all time" so it's hard not to be disappointed when you go in with that expectation.

Luke Warm

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2904 on: August 15, 2023, 08:48:32 AM »
Asking Deadwood fans...

I think it stays reasonably consistent. 

TV is pretty subjective, so maybe it just doesn't fit your eye.  Also, it's been built up as one of the "greatest shows of all time" so it's hard not to be disappointed when you go in with that expectation.
I remember it being a good show but it may not stand up to the test of time. There have been so many good shows over the years. I think Deadwood was one of the first series we watched so it was new and exciting. I remember the language being pretty rough but it was also kind of eloquent so that made it fun.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #2905 on: August 15, 2023, 08:57:55 AM »
I watched Deadwood (and Carnivale) a long time ago.  I think there is a big difference between watching a show when it is unique in its own time vs. watching it now.  I remember being amazed at how cinematic quality content was available in a TV show...  having no idea that streaming would be a normal thing someday!  Pretty sure I'd feel that it is now upper middling content at best nowadays, compared to the great stuff out there (Peaky Blinders being one)...

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2906 on: August 15, 2023, 09:56:28 AM »
I watched Deadwood (and Carnivale) a long time ago.  I think there is a big difference between watching a show when it is unique in its own time vs. watching it now.  I remember being amazed at how cinematic quality content was available in a TV show...  having no idea that streaming would be a normal thing someday!  Pretty sure I'd feel that it is now upper middling content at best nowadays, compared to the great stuff out there (Peaky Blinders being one)...

Some older stuff still holds up.  The Wire is a good example.

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2907 on: August 16, 2023, 07:15:23 AM »
Asking Deadwood fans...

I love love love Deadwood, but have only watched it once all the way through, I guess it gets better? I became invested in the characters. Ian Mcshane in the Al Swearengen role is phenomenal.

It is a dirty, seemingly lawless place, and chaotic. But yes, go beyond the first episode.

https://slate.com/culture/2004/05/deadwood-s-linguistic-brilliance.html

This Slate article says it best, what is great about Deadwood.

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2908 on: August 16, 2023, 08:24:51 AM »
Asking Deadwood fans...

I love love love Deadwood, but have only watched it once all the way through, I guess it gets better? I became invested in the characters. Ian Mcshane in the Al Swearengen role is phenomenal.

It is a dirty, seemingly lawless place, and chaotic. But yes, go beyond the first episode.

I watched the whole first season, not just the first episode.
Ian Mcshane is great, as are Brad Dourif and William Sanderson. A couple of the performances are distractingly bad at times, though. The dialogue is entertainingly stylized, so moment to moment the show is diverting enough.  But nobody seems to be having much in the way of character arcs so far, so I'm having a hard time investing enough to want to watch more.

From most of the comments here, it sounds like this is more of a feature of the show rather than a bug of the first season, so I might put this show aside and go on and try other stuff. 

If I ever subscribe to HBO, I will probably eventually get back to it.

Thanks for the input, everyone.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #2909 on: August 16, 2023, 08:40:14 AM »
This conversation about Deadwood reminds me of what a great period that was for serial TV - Sopranos, Carnivale, Deadwood, and Boardwalk Empire...  and reminds me of how slow things seem to be right now.

Still have plenty of backlog of 'pretty good' stuff that I missed - just wrapped up Invincible - but really good new content is thinning out.

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2910 on: August 16, 2023, 10:57:09 AM »
This conversation about Deadwood reminds me of what a great period that was for serial TV - Sopranos, Carnivale, Deadwood, and Boardwalk Empire...  and reminds me of how slow things seem to be right now.

Still have plenty of backlog of 'pretty good' stuff that I missed - just wrapped up Invincible - but really good new content is thinning out.

Is it that now things are slow? I see it more as an explosion of quality episodic television, but one has to hunt all over the streaming services to find the gems.

Back in the days of Sopranos, etc. (and I would add The Wire and The Shield to your list) there was, to me,  oceans of bad network TV measured up against a handful of gems. Of course, the gems stood out.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 11:19:09 AM by iris lily »

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2911 on: August 16, 2023, 11:41:28 AM »
Asking Deadwood fans...

Ian Mcshane is great, as are Brad Dourif and William Sanderson. A couple of the performances are distractingly bad at times, though. The dialogue is entertainingly stylized, so moment to moment the show is diverting enough.  But nobody seems to be having much in the way of character arcs so far, so I'm having a hard time investing enough to want to watch more.

From most of the comments here, it sounds like this is more of a feature of the show rather than a bug of the first season, so I might put this show aside and go on and try other stuff. 

Character arcs, hmmm, well Al Swearengen reveals himself to  show deep humanity and kindness at times. I thought the Seth Bullock character was oddly stiff, again, at times.

The Calamity Jane performance was awful and I had a hard time seeing that actress in any later production.

Deadwood is famous for using the same actor in two different roles over seasons.

If you gave it an entire season, probably it isnt for you.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 08:27:54 PM by iris lily »

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2912 on: August 16, 2023, 01:34:43 PM »
Asking Deadwood fans...

Character arcs, hmmm, well Al Swearengen reveals himself to dispense important justice showing humanity at times. I thought the Seth Bullock character was oddly stiff again, at times.

The Calamity Jane performance was awful and I had a hard time seeing that actress in any later production.

Deadwood is famous for using the actor in two different roles overs seasons.

If you fpgave it an entire season, probably it isnt for you.

Yeah, those were the bad performances I was referring to. Bullock and Calamity Jane, demonstrating polar opposite forms of bad acting.

I'll just keep it on the list for 'someday if I'm at loose ends and have HBO'. Definitely not a bad show, just not as good as I'd heard.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2913 on: August 16, 2023, 02:33:44 PM »
Asking Deadwood fans...

Character arcs, hmmm, well Al Swearengen reveals himself to dispense important justice showing humanity at times. I thought the Seth Bullock character was oddly stiff again, at times.

Yeah, those were the bad performances I was referring to. Bullock and Calamity Jane, demonstrating polar opposite forms of bad acting.

I'll just keep it on the list for 'someday if I'm at loose ends and have HBO'. Definitely not a bad show, just not as good as I'd heard.

I tried watching a few times and have always ended up abandoning it because I just can't get into it.

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2914 on: August 16, 2023, 10:21:23 PM »
Asking Deadwood fans...

I once read a justification for Timmy Oliphant acting in that stiff manner, but I can’t remember what the reasoning was. His performance might’ve been purposeful.

Don’t let this turn you off his other great show “,Justified” where he plays another lawman, Raylan Givens. He was born to play that role, and Walt Grogans is phenomenal as his opposition.

Bad guys are always more interesting than good guys. After Deadwood I went around in an McShane haze for about a year, looking up things he had been in.

After Justified I was really into Harlan, Kentucky area  and music, the setting for the show. I once drove 40 miles out of my way to visit the small town of Harlan, an area ravaged by closure of coal mines. I went to the public library and saw that they had copies of “Justified “on DVD. That seemed… Meta.

SaucyAussie

• Bristles
« Reply #2915 on: August 17, 2023, 10:43:16 AM »
Asking Deadwood fans...

I once read a justification for Timmy Oliphant acting in that stiff manner, but I can’t remember what the reasoning was. His performance might’ve been purposeful.

Don’t let this turn you off his other great show “,Justified” where he plays another lawman, Raylan Givens. He was born to play that role, and Walt Grogans is phenomenal as his opposition.

Bad guys are always more interesting than good guys. After Deadwood I went around in an McShane haze for about a year, looking up things he had been in.

After Justified I was really into Harlan, Kentucky area  and music, the setting for the show. I once drove 40 miles out of my way to visit the small town of Harlan, an area ravaged by closure of coal mines. I went to the public library and saw that they had copies of “Justified “on DVD. That seemed… Meta.

I first ran into Ian McShane in The Lovejoy Mysteries which is probably floating around somewhere.

I think Timothy Oliphant relies heavily on being cast correctly, not a great actor but can look good in the right role.  Not unlike Jon Hamm who was perfect as Don Draper but looks out of place in other roles.

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2916 on: August 17, 2023, 11:48:50 AM »
Apparently Lovejoy is streaming on the PBS/Masterpiece channel. Good to know.

Love Ian McShane (he and Gillian Anderson were the main reasons I watched 1.5 seasons of American Gods)

Adventine

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2917 on: August 17, 2023, 12:09:29 PM »
Just finished Good Omens 2! Great sequel, although I should have turned on closed captioning. Some of the actors' British accents are so thick, I simply couldn't understand what they were saying.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #2918 on: August 18, 2023, 10:16:08 AM »
My Brillant Friend based on the "Neapolitian Stories" books.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neapolitan_Novels
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Brilliant_Friend_(TV_series)

I like historical movies/series, like Italian cinema especially when Naples is featured as I used to live there, and though some might consider it a women's series, I still find it interesting - so far.
I watch it in Italian b/c the English redub is less than captivating. So, must pay attention to read/hear it. Starting to remember some Italian to which is a bonus.

32 episodes. We'll see. Not binging, just when I have time for an episode. As usual will probably watch it more often during the winter when it is dark early and cold after work.

Not unlike "Call the Midwife". Am only 8 episodes into that after 4? years. Watch it when I get in the mood. Always eye-opening what people in the past had to deal with.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2919 on: August 18, 2023, 03:31:10 PM »
@Just Joe my husband started watching My Brilliant Friend and I was about to recommend it, much like Call the Midwife, a reminder that that particular variety of grinding poverty is not very far back in the past.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #2920 on: August 19, 2023, 09:50:23 AM »
@Just Joe my husband started watching My Brilliant Friend and I was about to recommend it, much like Call the Midwife, a reminder that that particular variety of grinding poverty is not very far back in the past.

So true. The "good ole days" were not uniformly good were they?

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2921 on: August 19, 2023, 10:45:28 AM »

So true. The "good ole days" were not uniformly good were they?

Depends how straight, male and white you were.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #2922 on: August 19, 2023, 11:46:41 PM »
So true.

Telecaster

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2923 on: August 20, 2023, 12:51:13 AM »
Is it that now things are slow? I see it more as an explosion of quality episodic television, but one has to hunt all over the streaming services to find the gems.

Back in the days of Sopranos, etc. (and I would add The Wire and The Shield to your list) there was, to me,  oceans of bad network TV measured up against a handful of gems. Of course, the gems stood out.

Cannot agree more. Those were all epic series, but there are tons of great series right now, along with lots that are just really good.  There are more good TV series right now than I have time to watch. 

Telecaster

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2924 on: August 20, 2023, 12:57:38 AM »

I loved the show, but I thought his performance was kind of blah.  He was overshadowed by basically everybody.  However, I thought he was outstanding in Justified.   I'm a big Elmore Leonard fan and he nailed it. 

SaucyAussie

• Bristles
« Reply #2925 on: August 20, 2023, 02:32:00 PM »

Cannot agree more. Those were all epic series, but there are tons of great series right now, along with lots that are just really good.  There are more good TV series right now than I have time to watch.

Really?  I'm struggling to find anything decent at the moment.  Suggestions?

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #2926 on: August 20, 2023, 05:32:13 PM »

I've received a lot of good advice on this thread, but I'm not hearing about new shows that are blowing people's minds lately.  I'm enjoying Foundation, but many times these second (and subsequent) seasons are pale in comparison to the first...

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #2927 on: August 20, 2023, 06:08:39 PM »
I'm enjoying Kin, about a Dublin drug crime family that are out for revenge. Did someone on here recommend it? I'm only 3 episodes in but it's looking good if I can get over the fact that people have made some really stupid decisions that create the premise for the show. Littlefinger from GoT is in it and he can actually act and doesn't sound bizarre in Kin.

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2928 on: August 20, 2023, 06:40:44 PM »

I start with the Emmy award productions and performances. The television show Succession kept me in thrall for several seasons.

Jade

• Pencil Stache
  • UK
« Reply #2929 on: August 21, 2023, 02:18:19 AM »

I've received a lot of good advice on this thread, but I'm not hearing about new shows that are blowing people's minds lately.  I'm enjoying Foundation, but many times these second (and subsequent) seasons are pale in comparison to the first...

A few things we've liked that I'm not sure I've seen mentioned here are :

* the dry (Irish series)
* industry (set in London's stock exchange)
* I am sorry for your loss with Elizabeth Olsen about a young widow

SaucyAussie

• Bristles
« Reply #2930 on: August 21, 2023, 06:07:15 AM »
I feel like a lot of good shows finished this year - Succession, Better Call Saul, Miss Maisel, Shetland, Endeavour, Ted Lasso, The Crown.  Struggling to find replacements.  Watching NYPD Blue at the moment.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2931 on: August 21, 2023, 02:26:08 PM »
@jade I think I mentioned Industry a few pages back but yeah, it's good [if ridiculous].

We've hit season 3 of My Brilliant Friend and it is so so good. A tough sit but so well done. Shot spectacularly.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #2932 on: August 21, 2023, 02:35:35 PM »
I'm only about 5 episodes into My Brilliant Friend. Thinking about stopping and restarting so DW can enjoy it with me. We'll discuss it tonight.

evme

• Bristles
« Reply #2933 on: August 22, 2023, 12:04:37 AM »
Stanley Tucci’s latest show where he wanders around Italy eating delicious food. There’s Tucci, there’s Italy and there’s good food, what more could you want?

Thanks for mentioning this -- I hadn't heard of it but I do like Stanley Tucci and travel shows so decided to give it a try. This one is a gem.

Jade

• Pencil Stache
  • UK
« Reply #2934 on: August 22, 2023, 12:41:10 AM »
@jade I think I mentioned Industry a few pages back but yeah, it's good [if ridiculous].

We've hit season 3 of My Brilliant Friend and it is so so good. A tough sit but so well done. Shot spectacularly.

Yeah, I liked industry. I'll keep an eye out for My Brilliant Friend.

Just tried a few Aussie comedies after loving "Colin from accounts*. "No activity " and "upper middle bogan" with some of the e same people but not as good IMO.

A few other things we've enjoyed we're "freaks and geeks" and "my big fat secret diary ".

SaucyAussie

• Bristles
« Reply #2935 on: August 22, 2023, 06:11:06 AM »

Just tried a few Aussie comedies after loving "Colin from accounts*. "No activity " and "upper middle bogan" with some of the e same people but not as good IMO.

A few other things we've enjoyed we're "freaks and geeks" and "my big fat secret diary ".

Check out Deadloch on Amazon Prime starring Kate Box from Rake.   Some really funny bits, sometimes over the top, I can't decide if it's good or not.

Keeping in the Aussie theme - quite enjoying The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart - although definitely not a comedy.

Jade

• Pencil Stache
  • UK
« Reply #2936 on: August 22, 2023, 09:55:01 AM »

Check out Deadloch on Amazon Prime starring Kate Box from Rake.   Some really funny bits, sometimes over the top, I can't decide if it's good or not.

Keeping in the Aussie theme - quite enjoying The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart - although definitely not a comedy.

We're not on AP unfortunately but thanks for the recommendation. I haven't heard of Alice Hart, I'll look that up now.. cheers!

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2937 on: August 22, 2023, 11:21:48 AM »

I won’t watch murder series which eliminates a huge percentage of tv series, yet I know I am missing out on a few good ones.

The only ones I want to see is Hapoy Valley Season 3 which is on a streaming service I do not have. I figure it will come around to .Netflix or Prime eventually.

FLBiker

• Handlebar Stache
    • Chop Wood Carry FIRE
« Reply #2938 on: August 23, 2023, 07:00:59 AM »

I may have mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I loved Season 1 of Upright (speaking of Aussie shows).  Season 2 was cheesy, IMO.

Jade

• Pencil Stache
  • UK
« Reply #2939 on: August 23, 2023, 08:05:18 AM »

I may have mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I loved Season 1 of Upright (speaking of Aussie shows).  Season 2 was cheesy, IMO.

Thanks .. I'll keep an eye out for Upright.

Another show (UK) I liked was "the end of the f-ing world".

Jade

• Pencil Stache
  • UK
« Reply #2940 on: August 24, 2023, 05:16:27 AM »
Anyone seen Aussie series, Ronny Chieng - international student? Liking it so far.. funny.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 05:34:05 AM by jade »

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #2941 on: August 24, 2023, 03:53:35 PM »
Anyone seen Aussie series, Ronny Chieng - international student? Liking it so far.. funny.

Yes I've seen that, it's great, wish there was more. I'll watch any of his stand up etc, he's hilarious.

Jade

• Pencil Stache
  • UK
« Reply #2942 on: August 25, 2023, 02:11:43 AM »

Yes I've seen that, it's great, wish there was more. I'll watch any of his stand up etc, he's hilarious.

I know.. sad there's only 1 series. We're going to check him out on YT after we finish this.

brandon1827

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2943 on: August 28, 2023, 07:46:01 AM »
Started Painkiller on Netflix this weekend. Really interesting look at the Sackler family's role in the Oxy epidemic

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #2944 on: August 28, 2023, 08:36:35 AM »
Started Painkiller on Netflix this weekend. Really interesting look at the Sackler family's role in the Oxy epidemic

I know it is petty, but I really wish they hadn't cast Matthew Broderick as Richard Sackler.  Also, having already seen Dopesick and seeing it had better reviews, I didn't stick with Painkiller...  I'm disgusted with the whole mess, another one of many consequences society will be dealing with for generations.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2945 on: August 28, 2023, 08:59:24 AM »

I know it is petty, but I really wish they hadn't cast Matthew Broderick as Richard Sackler.  Also, having already seen Dopesick and seeing it had better reviews, I didn't stick with Painkiller...  I'm disgusted with the whole mess, another one of many consequences society will be dealing with for generations.

Dopesick is pretty good, I can't fathom Matthew Broderick as Richard Sackler. Michael Stuhlbarg in Dopesick is literally perfect casting, IMO, he's a renowned character actor and strikes exactly the right tone for a character capable of what Richard Sackler did.

Have you read Empire of Pain? It illustrates the character of each family member quite well.

brandon1827

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2946 on: August 28, 2023, 01:00:11 PM »
Not having seen or heard of Dopesick, I think Broderick has done a decent job with the role. May see if the wife wants to check out that one once we're done with Painkiller. I'm not sure how prominent the Sacklers are in Dopesick, but in Painkiller the majority of the story revolves around one family and the effects of Oxy on their family after the husband (Taylor Kitsch...who is excellent in this) gets injured on the job. It also follows the young, pretty drug reps that Purdue hired to push doctors to prescribe Oxy when it first came out and also an attorney's office with an investigator who travelled around the country and met with various doctors to determine how and why they are prescribing it. The Sacklers are obviously major players...but this series only spends maybe 1/4 of the episodes with them and much more time with the other characters.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2947 on: August 28, 2023, 01:59:57 PM »
Not having seen or heard of Dopesick, I think Broderick has done a decent job with the role. May see if the wife wants to check out that one once we're done with Painkiller. I'm not sure how prominent the Sacklers are in Dopesick, but in Painkiller the majority of the story revolves around one family and the effects of Oxy on their family after the husband (Taylor Kitsch...who is excellent in this) gets injured on the job. It also follows the young, pretty drug reps that Purdue hired to push doctors to prescribe Oxy when it first came out and also an attorney's office with an investigator who travelled around the country and met with various doctors to determine how and why they are prescribing it. The Sacklers are obviously major players...but this series only spends maybe 1/4 of the episodes with them and much more time with the other characters.

Dopesick follows a bunch of characters: patients, doctors, reps, and investigators. The Sacklers aren't a major focus, but Stuhlbarg's portrayal of Richard captures the disturbing reasoning and strategic approach he had.

That said, I think virtually all portrayals of this topic lose a lot if they don't address the family's legacy in drug marketing and why this *one* company was so profoundly effective at being unethical.

Previous generations of Sacklers basically invented sketchy drug marketing tactics. This isn't even their first addiction epidemic, they pretty much single handedly created the over-prescription market for drugs like Xanax.

brandon1827

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2948 on: August 28, 2023, 02:08:31 PM »
That's where Painkiller begins...it briefly tells the story of the rise of Arthur Sackler becoming the first to market prescription drugs in advertising...then how Richard took over once Arthur died and used many of the same ideas (albeit much more ruthlessly) to create Oxycontin and make it what it became. Painkiller portrays Richard as very cold and calculating, not caring one iota for the millions of people that would be hurt, and only focusing on getting the drug out there and letting the drug create it's own addiction market in order to line his pockets. 

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2949 on: August 28, 2023, 03:50:19 PM »
That's where Painkiller begins...it briefly tells the story of the rise of Arthur Sackler becoming the first to market prescription drugs in advertising...then how Richard took over once Arthur died and used many of the same ideas (albeit much more ruthlessly) to create Oxycontin and make it what it became. Painkiller portrays Richard as very cold and calculating, not caring one iota for the millions of people that would be hurt, and only focusing on getting the drug out there and letting the drug create it's own addiction market in order to line his pockets.

I'll definitely check if out. I was educated in the tail end of the Sackler opioid education domination, so I had to go through a pretty brutal reckoning with my own opioid prescribing beliefs and practices.

I also have a background in psychology and find their family's history in mental illness treatment to be fascinating.

It's really the kind of story that you can't make up because it's too involved and epic in terms of scope and impact. It makes shows like Succession look simplistic and cartoonish.