Author Topic: What TV series do you like?  (Read 6698 times)

DavidAnnArbor

• Pencil Stache
Re: What TV series do you like?
« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2017, 08:16:41 AM »
Anyone seen Wayward Pines?

Very unique and keeps you wondering.

Yes very interesting and unusual scifi/action/drama

Another tv show, Season 2 of "Fear the Walking Dead" was very good. I really liked how much of it took place in Mexico and had Spanish as well as English. Tensions between US and Mexican people based on class and culture were interwoven into the drama of the show. It's almost as if trying to escape from the zombie apocalypse was analogous to why people try to cross the border into the US in search of a better situation, and I liked how the show tried to elicit an empathy for the challenges that were faced.

Stachey

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2017, 10:37:55 AM »
The first two seasons of Homeland were good.

Haven't started on the third season yet.

Marty

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #102 on: April 08, 2017, 02:32:28 PM »
I don't think anyone has mentioned Grimm yet?  I'm loving it so far.  Loosely based on the Brothers Grimm fairy tales.

WootWoot

• Stubble
« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2017, 11:50:19 AM »
Finished watching "Stranger Things" on Netflix. Am now done with "Inspector Morse" and am onto "Inspector Lewis."

Have you seen the "Endeavour" series?  It's about the young detective Morse.  I think it's even better than the Morse series and the Lewis series.  Highly recommend.

No, I haven't seen "Endeavour" yet. I thought I should watch "Lewis" first. Does it make a difference, i.e. spoilers, if I go into "Endeavour" now?

NinetyFour

• Magnum Stache
  • 331 days until Freedom!
« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2017, 04:10:21 PM »
Finished watching "Stranger Things" on Netflix. Am now done with "Inspector Morse" and am onto "Inspector Lewis."

Have you seen the "Endeavour" series?  It's about the young detective Morse.  I think it's even better than the Morse series and the Lewis series.  Highly recommend.

No, I haven't seen "Endeavour" yet. I thought I should watch "Lewis" first. Does it make a difference, i.e. spoilers, if I go into "Endeavour" now?

Nope--wouldn't make any difference, except that, in my opinion, Endeavour is so much better--watching Lewis after Endeavour might be a bit of a let down.  But it's all good stuff.  :)
My Journal

Countdown to Freedom:  331 days

Squirrel away

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2017, 03:10:32 AM »
I don't think anyone has mentioned Grimm yet?  I'm loving it so far.  Loosely based on the Brothers Grimm fairy tales.

I loved that, I'm so sad that it ended recently!

Tasty Pinecones

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2017, 02:50:10 PM »
I watched the first episode of "Westworld". Was an interesting sci-fi situation. Eager to see where the story goes.

Will finish TWD someday. I watched a season or so and got tired of the gore. I always do. I liked the survival story.

Johnez

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2017, 01:02:36 AM »
On episode 2 of Black Mirror.

Just wow. The frightening thing is, it's all happening in real time right now.

DavidAnnArbor

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2017, 07:19:27 AM »
On episode 2 of Black Mirror.

Just wow. The frightening thing is, it's all happening in real time right now.

Yes Black Mirror is great, all of the episodes!

I was watching Bill Nye Saves the World, and ho hum it's just not that great. The science is a bit too basic for me, not that startling.

Rimu05

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2017, 07:40:24 AM »
I forgot to mention Hannibal which was one of my favorite shows. I freaking loved Hannibal. I really have a thing for anti-hero esque/villainous characters

Walter White
Hannibal
Omar Little
Captain Flint.

I also recently finished Sneaky Pete and Newsroom to the recommendation of people here.

Sneaky Pete was entertaining but underwhelming and I kind of really hated Bryan Cranston's cliché rehashed villain. I can't believe someone okayed that and if he wasn't brilliant in Breaking Bad and a part of my Malcolm in the Middle loving child hood, this would make it very hard to like him. He played this role by the book. I still cringe thinking about it.

Newsroom - Newsroom was overly optimistic, at times preachy but it strangely keeps it together to be quite entertaining. It at times really does come of as a bunch of self-righteous nonsense, but there's a part of you that still remains on their side. It also has this moments where it just does things that I love to see in television. It also doesn't take itself too seriously and neither should you.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 07:50:16 AM by Rimu05 »

WootWoot

• Stubble
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2017, 02:18:15 PM »
Started watching "Endeavour" last week and I love it so far. Thanks for the recommendation!

Nope--wouldn't make any difference, except that, in my opinion, Endeavour is so much better--watching Lewis after Endeavour might be a bit of a let down.  But it's all good stuff.  :)

MacNerd13

• Stubble
  • Tall, old, nerdy
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2017, 02:27:54 PM »
Midsomer Murders. There are currently 18 seasons on Netflix.

+1!!!

ditkanate

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • ditka's dumb journal
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2017, 02:41:49 PM »
Elementary - we are halfway through season 2 and it is really good.  Love the guy who plays Sherlock in it.

aaahhrealmarcus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Declutter. Decommodify. Denerdify.
    • Minimally Nerdy
« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2017, 03:39:02 PM »
Just started the new season of Doctor Who... not impressed with this series so far, but maybe I'm setting the bar too high for a show about an old man in a magic box who fights people in rubber monster suits?
5 Simple Apartment Hacks Behind my $39 Utility Bills http://www.minimallynerdy.com/2017/05/05/39-dollar-utility-bills/

DavidAnnArbor

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #114 on: April 26, 2017, 08:44:36 PM »
Wow the Handmaid's Tale packs a wallop

JLee

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2017, 09:16:56 PM »
Just started the new season of Doctor Who... not impressed with this series so far, but maybe I'm setting the bar too high for a show about an old man in a magic box who fights people in rubber monster suits?

I haven't really gotten used to the new Doctor yet. The 10th was my favorite.

Noodle

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2017, 11:22:46 AM »

Oh, yes. I am glad Hulu is releasing episodes weekly from here on out...I do not think I could take watching this show in long increments. The acting is terrific and the cinematography is just stunning.

MandalayVA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2017, 11:57:02 AM »
Elementary - we are halfway through season 2 and it is really good.  Love the guy who plays Sherlock in it.

Ah, yes, one of Angelina Jolie's many ex-husbands (he was the first).
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."  Hunter S. Thompson

Follow my road here:  The Road To Mandalay

DavidAnnArbor

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2017, 02:50:22 PM »

Oh, yes. I am glad Hulu is releasing episodes weekly from here on out...I do not think I could take watching this show in long increments. The acting is terrific and the cinematography is just stunning.

Yes it's like drinking caffeine

aaahhrealmarcus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Declutter. Decommodify. Denerdify.
    • Minimally Nerdy
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2017, 12:09:26 PM »

I haven't really gotten used to the new Doctor yet. The 10th was my favorite.

I hear that ALL the time! I didn't get into the show till the 11th, so Matt Smith is my Doctor, but I've re-watched all the 10th episodes and enjoyed a lot of the quirkier, more futuristic stuff they were up to (Face of Boe, cat people, giant crab traffic jam, etc)
5 Simple Apartment Hacks Behind my $39 Utility Bills http://www.minimallynerdy.com/2017/05/05/39-dollar-utility-bills/

sequoia

• Stubble
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2017, 02:39:32 AM »

Ah, yes, one of Angelina Jolie's many ex-husbands (he was the first).

I too love Elementary. I did not know that the actor used to be married to Angelina Jolie - learned something new this morning!

kellyon

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2017, 04:04:44 AM »
recently, I started to watch Suits, I think it's quite entertaining show. I give it 8/10

Darissa

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2017, 02:49:14 PM »
I really love the series Veronica Mars

MrsDinero

• Pencil Stache
    • Mrs. Dinero's Journal
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2017, 02:53:19 PM »
Ancient Aliens
Fixer Upper
Stitchers
Handmaid Tale
24 Legacy
The Wiggles (for the tots)
Shark Tank

DavidAnnArbor

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2017, 08:24:22 PM »
Just finished all 4 seasons of Bates Motel on Netflix. Really good acting and drama.