Author Topic: What TV series do you like?  (Read 707684 times)

mspym

• Walrus Stache
Re: What TV series do you like?
« Reply #1800 on: November 13, 2021, 12:17:27 AM »
The North Water is rather fantastic, if you are ready for 5 episodes of Victorian whale-ship mystery up in the Arctic. Colin Farrell and Jack O'Connell are amazing.
Guardian write-up

sonofsven

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1801 on: November 13, 2021, 07:54:14 AM »
The North Water is rather fantastic, if you are ready for 5 episodes of Victorian whale-ship mystery up in the Arctic. Colin Farrell and Jack O'Connell are amazing.
Guardian write-up

That sounds right up my alley, I've read the Patrick O'Brian series of Awbrey/Maturin seafaring novels multiple times.
Thanks!

lost_in_the_endless_aisle

« Reply #1802 on: November 17, 2021, 06:25:17 PM »
Watched two pilots lately,

The first is Maid on Netflix, which hits hard for those of us who hate the sense of financial insecurity. Young mother trying to make it on her own in the Pacific Northwest despite no job skills and no family support. Intense.

The second is Ordinary Joe (an NBC show on Hulu as well). Concept of three different versions of Joe based on what could happen if he made a different decision on the day of his college graduation. VERY heartfelt, nice music. Reminds me of early This Is Us.

I recommend them both.

JGS
Finally got around to watching Maid (I think your recommendation was the first I noticed) and it was very good overall--maybe the best Netflix series since Unbelievable, in particular episodes ~4-8. It's nice to see that Netflix still occasionally tries for quality rather than quantity.

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1803 on: November 17, 2021, 09:03:04 PM »

The first is Maid on Netflix, which hits hard for those of us who hate the sense of financial insecurity. Young mother trying to make it on her own in the Pacific Northwest despite no job skills and no family support. Intense.

The second is Ordinary Joe (an NBC show on Hulu as well). Concept of three different versions of Joe based on what could happen if he made a different decision on the day of his college graduation. VERY heartfelt, nice music. Reminds me of early This Is Us.

I recommend them both.

JGS
Finally got around to watching Maid (I think your recommendation was the first I noticed) and it was very good overall--maybe the best Netflix series since Unbelievable, in particular episodes ~4-8. It's nice to see that Netflix still occasionally tries for quality rather than quantity.
I am watching Maid right now. It is great.The lead actress is strong.I am glad to see Andy McDowell, an actress I do not like, play a character I do not have to like.

evme

• Bristles
« Reply #1804 on: November 24, 2021, 03:59:55 PM »
Watching Giri/Haji on Netflix. Wow! It's like a Japanese yakuza film story mixed with an English police procedural. The writing, acting, directing all outstanding.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1805 on: November 24, 2021, 06:56:46 PM »
Watching Giri/Haji on Netflix. Wow! It's like a Japanese yakuza film story mixed with an English police procedural. The writing, acting, directing all outstanding.
Giri/Haji is good!

We are working our way through Industry which I think is better than the reviews make it out to be. I like a series that doesn't spell everything out for you and which you need to work out at the same time as the characters. But also, urgh investment banking.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1806 on: November 24, 2021, 07:33:45 PM »
Giri/Haji is good!

We are working our way through Industry which I think is better than the reviews make it out to be. I like a series that doesn't spell everything out for you and which you need to work out at the same time as the characters. But also, urgh investment banking.

I watched it but I just couldn't make sense of the main character. I never felt like I knew her or understood her at all and her flat affect was really off putting. It all had a very Soderberg vibe, and not in a good way.

It wasn't bad at all, it was definitely better than people say. But I also see how it was quite off putting.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #1807 on: November 25, 2021, 10:19:07 AM »
On a different note, I am enjoying Foundation on Apple +.  Sci-Fi/Fantasy is not my usual genre, but it has good production value and I am finding the story interesting.

Apple made the first episode of Foundation available for free to everyone, so I checked it out. The production is big budget AAA movie quality. I liked the first episode and look forward to watching the rest after all episodes become available.

Wool is such a good anthology!  I haven't seen Foundation yet, but the preview looks way more action-y than I remember the book being.  How is it so far?

The first episode is closer to the book than I thought it would be.  There are alterations, but they're covering the main plot points OK so far.

Having finished Foundation, I must say that I enjoyed it.  I'd be interested to see how it compared in its entirety now to the source material.  Plenty of interesting ideas and it moved along quickly.  The destination was a bit meh, but that's fine if the journey was fun.

Omy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1808 on: November 25, 2021, 10:56:45 AM »

I recommend them both.

JGS
I am watching Maid right now. It is great.The lead actress is strong.I am glad to see Andy McDowell, an actress I do not like, play a character I do not have to like.

The lead actress is Andy McDowell's real life daughter...which made it all the more interesting when I learned that.

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1809 on: November 25, 2021, 04:24:25 PM »

I recommend them both.

JGS

The lead actress is Andy McDowell's real life daughter...which made it all the more interesting when I learned that.

Yes, me too. I still can’t stand Andie McDowell, and wonder why her southern twang is allowed in a character who states she is from generations of Northwesterners. But that’s Andie, mediocre actress..

Her daughter is gorgeous and talented, and she carried that show.

sonofsven

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1810 on: December 06, 2021, 08:53:31 AM »
Sex Education, pretty charming show on Netflix.
Single mom is a very open sex researcher and therapist who's teenage son starts giving surprisingly good sex advice (for money) at his high school.

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1811 on: December 06, 2021, 09:10:27 AM »
Single mom is a very open sex researcher and therapist who's teenage son starts giving surprisingly good sex advice (for money) at his high school.
I love Gillian Anderson, but I could not get into that show. I suppose I should try it again.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1812 on: December 06, 2021, 09:52:03 AM »

I absolutely LOVE that show. I don't know who is advising them, but clearly they've invested in very high level consultation. Also the writing is great, the acting remarkable, the styling!! exceptional, and it's just plain fun. After the last season I had the glee club version of "Fuck The Pain Away" stuck in my head for weeks, and I was not at all unhappy about it.

jamaicaspanish

• Stubble
« Reply #1813 on: December 06, 2021, 10:12:50 AM »
We love the show, too!
Soooo many of the characters have been developed throughout the three seasons.

Our adult kids (30ish) enjoy it.
I think.
We have agreed not to talk too much about the details ;-)

Will not be recommending it to my parents, though.

FIRE Artist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1814 on: December 07, 2021, 07:42:59 PM »
I have been watching Dr. Death

Holy shit

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1815 on: December 08, 2021, 03:08:24 AM »

Holy shit

Care to say more? I've never heard of it.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1816 on: December 08, 2021, 08:58:37 AM »
I watched Dr. Death as well and it is very disturbing. It is on Paramount but after 3 episodes, you have to upgrade to Paramount + to watch the rest.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/dr-death-christopher-duntsch

HPstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1817 on: December 08, 2021, 09:44:51 AM »
Great escapes on History has been quite entertaining

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1818 on: December 08, 2021, 12:01:14 PM »

Holy shit

I can’t get that on Amazon prime or Netflix, but I would think sooner or later it’s going to come to prime. I know it’s getting lots of accolades.

Hula Hoop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1819 on: December 08, 2021, 01:27:25 PM »
I came here to recommend an Italian show on Netflix called "Tear Along the Dotted Line".  It's really great and funny, at least in Italian.  Zero Calcare (which means zero limescale in Italian - he got this from a stupid ad for limescale remover) is really well known here in Italy so I'm glad to see that he's been picked up by Netflix.

evme

• Bristles
« Reply #1820 on: December 08, 2021, 04:12:09 PM »

Holy shit

I can’t get that on Amazon prime or Netflix, but I would think sooner or later it’s going to come to prime. I know it’s getting lots of accolades.

It's on Peacock. It's likely to stay an exclusive on there for some time.

FIRE Artist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1821 on: December 08, 2021, 04:20:24 PM »

Holy shit

It is a dramatization of a true story about a grossly incompetent and sociopathic American neurosurgeon whose track record of killing and maiming patients goes unchecked as he hops from state to state, and then hospital to hospital.  He was finally imprisoned in 2017 I believe, so it is a relatively new case. 

Not something you want to watch if you are expecting surgery. 

The main actors are Alec Baldwin, Christian Slater and Joshua Jackson with a small part by Kelsey Grammer

I watched it in Canada through Prime Stack TV add on, which was on sale on Black Friday for $1/month for the first three months.  I won’t be keeping it after that but figured why not.  I have definitely gotten my $1 worth on this one.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1822 on: December 08, 2021, 04:54:21 PM »

Holy shit

It is a dramatization of a true story about a grossly incompetent and sociopathic American neurosurgeon whose track record of killing and maiming patients goes unchecked as he hops from state to state, and then hospital to hospital.  He was finally imprisoned in 2017 I believe, so it is a relatively new case. 

The main actors are Alec Baldwin, Christian Slater and Joshua Jackson with a small part by Kelsey Grammer

I watched it in Canada through Prime Stack TV add on, which was on sale on Black Friday for $1/month for the first three months.  I won’t be keeping it after that but figured why not.  I have definitely gotten my $1 worth on this one.

Ooh, neato. Thanks for the tip on how to watch in Canada.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #1823 on: December 09, 2021, 03:39:40 AM »
I watched the True Story  Joe Bell yesterday on Amazon Prime. Not your typical Mark Wahlberg Movie and he did a great job. True Story about Joe Bell who decided to walk from Oregon to New York to bring Inclusion and stop Bullying in schools.

Samuel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1824 on: December 09, 2021, 08:41:21 AM »
So reverse question here... what's worth watching on Showtime streaming? I signed up for a couple months at $.99/month during Amazon's Black Friday sale, mostly because I really wanted to see 1917 again and I saw they had it. Now I have a couple months to peruse the catalog but there is so much stuff and most of it I've never heard of. I have seen Dexter and most of Billions before, but other than those is there anything special I should check out in the next 6 weeks before I cancel?

SaucyAussie

• Bristles
« Reply #1825 on: December 09, 2021, 01:18:24 PM »
So reverse question here... what's worth watching on Showtime streaming? I signed up for a couple months at $.99/month during Amazon's Black Friday sale, mostly because I really wanted to see 1917 again and I saw they had it. Now I have a couple months to peruse the catalog but there is so much stuff and most of it I've never heard of. I have seen Dexter and most of Billions before, but other than those is there anything special I should check out in the next 6 weeks before I cancel?

For something you can really sink your teeth into, there are 7 seasons of Ray Donovan.  Great cast, but I did find the seasons started to repeat themselves after awhile.

If you missed it when it first came out a few years ago, Brotherhood is quite underrated imo.  Loosely based on William and Whitey Bulger.  Only 3 seasons so you can knock it out in a week if you're dedicated.

evme

• Bristles
« Reply #1826 on: December 10, 2021, 03:59:00 PM »

Escape at Dannemora. Outstanding prison-break drama with Benicio del Toro, Patricia Arquette and Paul Dano.
https://www.sho.com/escape-at-dannemora

Also, if you like spycraft, some seasons of Homeland were quite entertaining.

DaMa

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1827 on: December 10, 2021, 07:07:37 PM »
I absolutely hated the first episode of And Just Like That.  If there was anything good in it, I missed it.  That ending deserved a warning label.

I need to go watch a Hallmark xmas movie now.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1828 on: December 10, 2021, 07:14:05 PM »
I absolutely hated the first episode of And Just Like That.  If there was anything good in it, I missed it.  That ending deserved a warning label.

I'm watching it right now, just started and it's TERRIBLE

ETA: it's just getting worse!

Spoiler: show
It's so bad that DH and I are saying "no wonder Samantha ghosted them". They're all so awful.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 10:22:40 AM by Malcat »

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1829 on: December 11, 2021, 12:01:29 PM »

It's so bad that DH and I are saying "no wonder Samantha ghosted them". They're all so awful.

All of the scenes they dropped throughout YouTube were so cringe that maybe I’ve decided not to watch it. I will miss Kim Catrell anyway.

But I like Sarah Jessica parker’s clothes.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 08:08:44 PM by iris lily »

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1830 on: December 11, 2021, 01:30:19 PM »

All of the scenes they dropped throughout YouTube we’re so cringe that maybe I’ve decided not to watch it. I will miss Kim Catrell anyway.

But I like Sarah Jessica parker’s clothes.

We watched the second episode today and

I said to DH, singer friends manage to reallybstronup and take care of Carrie when Big leaves her at the altar, but they're totally useless when he dies?

And DH says "Samantha organized everything after the failed wedding." And I was like "ahhhh, that's true"

So I basically now perceive the reboot as being what happens to a group of dippy friends when their older, much more functional member abandons them. Lol.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1831 on: December 11, 2021, 02:02:31 PM »

Holy shit

Watching Dr. Death now, and I can totally see how this happened.

I've seen some very, very bad work happen when doctors are in over their heads and try to dig themselves out of holes. It's just that with a lot of procedures, the outcomes aren't as dramatic as neurosurgery.

I can totally see how a guy with spatial perception issues and a personality disorder ended up doing this, and how the system totally failed to control him.

Is the show made by the Mr. Robot people? Because it has a bunch of the same cast, and a similar feel.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #1832 on: December 12, 2021, 11:53:04 AM »
I've started watching Peaky Blinders, and it seems to be a fun show so far.

We're on Season 4, and it's still fun! And Season 6 should drop sometime in early 2022, so you picked a great time to start streaming.

So good to hear, I'm watching S1 episode 6...  Wowza, did not expect all this.

Samuel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1833 on: December 13, 2021, 03:17:17 PM »
For something you can really sink your teeth into, there are 7 seasons of Ray Donovan.  Great cast, but I did find the seasons started to repeat themselves after awhile.

If you missed it when it first came out a few years ago, Brotherhood is quite underrated imo.  Loosely based on William and Whitey Bulger.  Only 3 seasons so you can knock it out in a week if you're dedicated.

Escape at Dannemora. Outstanding prison-break drama with Benicio del Toro, Patricia Arquette and Paul Dano.
https://www.sho.com/escape-at-dannemora

Also, if you like spycraft, some seasons of Homeland were quite entertaining.

Thank you both.

Nick_Miller

• Handlebar Stache
  • Location: A sprawling estate with one of those cool circular driveways in the front!
« Reply #1834 on: December 14, 2021, 08:26:18 AM »
We've started watching The Last Kingdom on Netflix (about Danish/English conflict in like the 800s, basically Vikings) and 3 episodes in, it's been super compelling.

Lots of deaths, so I'm not sure anyone has plot armor other than the main character, but considering the setting, this makes sense. Solid, but not-over-the-top effects, and the lack of any star power among the cast (I don't recognize anyone at all) helps make it feel more 'authentic' to me. (Maybe it's a European cast?)

The big minus, as you might expect, is that 95% of the main cast is male.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1835 on: December 18, 2021, 03:48:03 AM »
So far we have watched three episodes of Station Eleven and wow, it is so good. I was wondering how they would be able to translate the novel to the screen and they have done a sterling job. All the acting is excellent, the script is great, the visuals are stunning.

uniwelder

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1836 on: December 18, 2021, 06:31:41 AM »
So far we have watched three episodes of Station Eleven and wow, it is so good. I was wondering how they would be able to translate the novel to the screen and they have done a sterling job. All the acting is excellent, the script is great, the visuals are stunning.

We’re going to try the third episode soon, as I’m hoping for improvement. The reviews are good, so I figured I’m missing something. The first really turned me off with how unrealistic the situation was- hospitals overloaded, people dying suddenly, getting broadcast on the news, but somehow this one guy is the only person stocking up in the grocery store and no one else has noticed the situation? And how did 4 carts worth end of costing $9,400? When I saw the amount on the register, I started scratching my head. Did I get that wrong? Was it really $940?  Edited to add--- 4 shopping carts of food did cost $9,400.  What was hiding in there?  How can one fit more than two grand of food into a grocery cart?

Also the doctor talking to the kids in quarantine, everybody wearing masks, then immediately taking it off when she walks out and everyone is coughing all over her?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 07:37:46 PM by uniwelder »

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #1837 on: December 18, 2021, 07:07:26 PM »
Watched a bit of Station Eleven, but I agree that it's just not working for me.  As uniwelder points out, it suffers from probably being created prior to the pandemic, so the end of the world scenes are just jarringly unrealistic.  I'll forge ahead, but the jumping around has bucked me off for the time being.

I've landed on Apple TV's 'Servant' (M. Night Shyamalan).  A new season is coming, so I thought I'd have a look and I'm enjoying it immensely.  I need a break from all this holiday claptrap, so the timing is helpful.  I also like that the episodes are short and I can binge the first season.  First episode was a bit weak, but it's picking up steam and really rolling by episode 3.

uniwelder

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1838 on: December 18, 2021, 07:35:23 PM »
Watched a bit of Station Eleven, but I agree that it's just not working for me.  As uniwelder points out, it suffers from probably being created prior to the pandemic, so the end of the world scenes are just jarringly unrealistic.  I'll forge ahead, but the jumping around has bucked me off for the time being.

Just watched the third episode and I think I'm done.  There's some character background, but overall very little happens.  And there's more virus nonsense.  Apparently the flu had been going around the world and wasn't particularly troublesome (I'm assuming because everyone is going about their business in the usual fashion), but now in the span of 24 hours it has mutated simultaneously across multiple continents into an incredibly deadly form that's killing everyone.  I haven't read the book, so I'm hoping that background knowledge could have cleared up some of my annoyance, though it shouldn't be necessary for the show to make sense.  I really wanted to like this series, but just don't get the appeal. 

edited to add-- @mspym is it necessary to read the book to appreciate the film series?  All the reviews I read online are from people that were fans of the book.  Should I just ignore the bad science and hope the story gets better in future episodes?  I think the plot and characters are good-- a bit slow perhaps.  Screen time could easily be cut in half and not miss anything, or is that exactly what I'm missing?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 08:11:54 PM by uniwelder »

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1839 on: December 18, 2021, 07:38:04 PM »
I have been very sick all day, so it was a trash TV day for the most part.

I watched Finding Magic Mike, which is basically a bunch of dudes learning to feel their manly feelings through sexy dance.

You would think it would be a sexy show about hot guys being hot, but it's more about insecure guys crying a lot and talking about their body image issues and then becoming best friends forever. Oh, and one guy gets grievously injured, it's pretty gnarly actually.

The dancing ends up quite impressive though, especially the aerial stuff.

All in all, weird show. Hilariously, my DH called it right away. He walked in and asked me what I was watching and then said "This is gonna be one of those shows where Gen Z dudes with abs have a lot of feelings and get really into each other, isn't it?"

That's basically DH's take on every reality show though....cuz he's not wrong.

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1840 on: December 19, 2021, 08:52:49 AM »

Just watched the third episode and I think I'm done.  There's some character background, but overall very little happens.  And there's more virus nonsense.  Apparently the flu had been going around the world and wasn't particularly troublesome (I'm assuming because everyone is going about their business in the usual fashion), but now in the span of 24 hours it has mutated simultaneously across multiple continents into an incredibly deadly form that's killing everyone.  I haven't read the book, so I'm hoping that background knowledge could have cleared up some of my annoyance, though it shouldn't be necessary for the show to make sense.  I really wanted to like this series, but just don't get the appeal. 

edited to add-- @mspym is it necessary to read the book to appreciate the film series?  All the reviews I read online are from people that were fans of the book.  Should I just ignore the bad science and hope the story gets better in future episodes?  I think the plot and characters are good-- a bit slow perhaps.  Screen time could easily be cut in half and not miss anything, or is that exactly what I'm missing?

The book got a lot of great reviews/made a lot of best of lists back in the day. I found it...ok.  Not at all memorable.  However, if you are really into dystopian sci-fi, it might be worth a read.

Luke Warm

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1841 on: December 20, 2021, 02:35:20 PM »
just signed up for apple tv and we're enjoying 'ted lasso'. it's fun and refreshing.

begood

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1842 on: December 21, 2021, 09:44:57 AM »
just signed up for apple tv and we're enjoying 'ted lasso'. it's fun and refreshing.

Ted Lasso is the best. We've watched the first season all the way through three times!

One thing to note is that I've heard the show described this way: Season 1 is a half-hour comedy; Season 2 is an hour-long drama. That about captures it. It's still delightful, but not as light in the second season

FIRE Artist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1843 on: December 21, 2021, 08:21:02 PM »
Landscapers on HBO is just very great in so many ways.  It is based on the true story of an unassuming, unremarkable, British couple who murder the wife’s parents and live off their savings and social security checks for 15 years.   

The director does this oddly wonderful thing of showing the sets being built and torn down around the characters.  It is kinda mesmerizing and well, oddly wonderful.  Theatrical comes to mind.   I really like it.  The final of the 4 part series airs next week. 

Oh, and Olivia Colman.  Enough said. 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 08:23:59 PM by FIRE Artist »

caracarn

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1844 on: December 22, 2021, 05:29:38 AM »

Holy shit
We did too and same reaction.   Watch the documentary that is there on it as well, and it get's even crazier with the stuff that did not even make the show.

Everyone we recommended it too loved it and had the same reaction.    A true gem and well done.

FIRE Artist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1845 on: December 27, 2021, 07:44:55 PM »
I am watching LulaRich on Prime, interview style documentary series on a Mormon based MLM business selling low quality fast fashion, primarily knits like leggings in hideous prints. 

What is with the Mormons and MLMs?  The only person I know who is deep into MLM is a Mormon as well. 

The overstepping of this scam into telling women how to be good wives, encouraging weight loss surgery is super bizarre.  Actually telling people to get a new husband if the husband wouldn’t agree to quit their career to also go all in on the MLM.  Encouraging all profits to be spent on a monthly basis on luxury goods, grooming etc.  Just crazy stuff. 

evme

• Bristles
« Reply #1846 on: December 28, 2021, 05:05:07 PM »
I'm watching an outstanding foreign thriller called "De Dag" (The Day) [8.3/10 on IMDb].
It's from Belgium I believe. It's about a bank heist and has an interesting format of alternating episodes between the police perspective in one and the hostages/criminals in the next. It's extremely well made and quite suspenseful. Unfortunately it's not on any of the big streaming services but rather one called "Topic" that seem to specialize in international shows. Free 7-day trial though, and I bet a lot of folks could binge it in a week!

Here's the IMDb page: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6144672/
And streaming service link: https://www.topic.com/the-day

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1847 on: December 28, 2021, 05:29:04 PM »
Landscapers on HBO is just very great in so many ways.  It is based on the true story of an unassuming, unremarkable, British couple who murder the wife’s parents and live off their savings and social security checks for 15 years.   

The director does this oddly wonderful thing of showing the sets being built and torn down around the characters.  It is kinda mesmerizing and well, oddly wonderful.  Theatrical comes to mind.   I really like it.  The final of the 4 part series airs next week. 

I’ve seen this suggested on my HBO account. Thanks for the heads up. I’ll probably watch it next.

I’ve binged season 3 of Succession over three days. It was wonderful. While I have not been a huge fan of Roman, not like true hard-core Romulus fans, in this season I can understand why everyone loves Roman. Kieran Culkan does a great job with his role.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #1848 on: December 28, 2021, 07:08:56 PM »

I’ve seen this suggested on my HBO account. Thanks for the heads up. I’ll probably watch it next.

I’ve binged season 3 of Succession over three days. It was wonderful. While I have not been a huge fan of Roman, not like true hard-core Romulus fans, in this season I can understand why everyone loves Roman. Kieran Culkan does a great job with his role.

Just finished Landscapers last night, encouraged by the recommendation.  It really was well done and the subject matter had me reflecting a bit on how more lives exist on that knife's edge than we want to realize.  I had a run in myself with a pathological liar and it's really hard to get the post mortem of our relationship across in any way that sounds sane.  I guess I am grateful for the experience, but it almost cost me everything.  Christopher was not so lucky, but it also made me biased toward thinking this was an insightful treatment of the subject matter - not sure everyone would agree.  Ironically, the gal that almost ruined my life also dreamt of owning horses (apparently I was to be her 'man from snowy river').     
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 07:13:57 PM by EscapeVelocity2020 »

Loretta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1849 on: December 29, 2021, 01:42:25 AM »
This year’s Call The Midwife Christmas Special was the best one yet.