Author Topic: Continued: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter! PART 2  (Read 1293021 times)

FrugalShrew

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Continued: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter! PART 2
« Reply #6550 on: May 05, 2023, 02:32:25 PM »
In Phoenix you can put magazines into the recycle bins.  And the Staples and Best Buy stores accept old electronics, but of course it's best to double-check what your local stores will do.

Thanks, @LaineyAZ! I'm trying to find places to "re-use," but if I can't then I would look to "recycle." Well, non-working electronics probably are ready for recycling. The issue there is figuring out what works and what doesn't. That's really great to know about Staples and Best Buy!!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #6551 on: May 05, 2023, 03:35:20 PM »
After a long break in April, I finally listed a bunch of stuff on Buy Nothing, & managed to give it all away (all 10 items), which was also my goal for May. I'm going to aim higher, since we're early in the month.

Gave away: travel toiletry kits x4, cinch bag, new magazines, two types of unused eye makeup, toy, & a tin that we were gifted.

SunnyDays

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6552 on: May 05, 2023, 06:09:50 PM »
Already gone or in the process of leaving the house - 12 books, pair of pants, curling iron, calculator, bag of timothy hay, 2nd hat, bottle of perfume, fabric box, picture frame, clock radio, 2 frying pans, 3 DVDs, 1 VHS tape, a belt and a pile of papers, either shredded or recycled.  Oh, and a plant I couldn't be bothered to keep alive, repotted in a candle holder, so that went too.

I won't miss any of these things, and yet I don't really notice any extra space from their removal either.

Off tomorrow - bags of yard debris and composting.

LaineyAZ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6553 on: May 06, 2023, 08:00:09 AM »
Thank goodness for quarterly curbside bulk trash pickup.  We'll be putting out some old damaged wooden fence panels, a big broken plastic display case and some broken toys which the City will pick up next week.  It's free, included with our monthly trash bill. 

Vashy

• Bristles
« Reply #6554 on: May 06, 2023, 11:58:44 AM »
Left 2 hardcovers in the "leave a book, take a book" bookshelf at the local train station. It's weirdly gratifying to see they've vanished the next day/week. Also coralled a big bag full of assorted broken/unused/ancient cables and electronics (including an iPad 2 that still charges) ready for recycling.
Hey Vashy,

About the electronics. I was able to actually sell a couple 30 year old PC's (personal computers) by advertising them on Facebook. I got $10 each. Collectors / computer geeks / tinkerers bought them. I took the hard drives out first.

Good to know they aren't yet piled up in plastic wrap on a pallet in the Phillipines, lol.

Good point! I need to check if anybody might want the iPad 2 - the other stuff is definitely broken, or cables, or tiny-capacity memory sicks...

Loretta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6555 on: May 06, 2023, 04:07:58 PM »
I returned a lamp I had borrowed a couple wks ago.  Also emptied out some cardboard packaging. 

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6556 on: May 06, 2023, 05:17:33 PM »
We are having a local shredding event and last year they cancelled and the previous year I think because of Covid they didn't have it either. So, I have big ass box of shredding. I emptied out the three areas that are the accumulation areas, now I have to look a bit harder for some more stuff. The box is about the size of a laundry basket and almost full. It is way too heavy to carry so, I have to find some other thing to put the paperwork in. This is a free event at the Senior Center, but they are asking for donations. This is the first time they asked for donations. There is another event thru another organization that is charging $10 a box so I don't mind a donation. I just want to get rid of this mountain of paperwork! I have a paper shredder but this would be the kiss of death for it with all this paperwork!

keepingfocus

• Pencil Stache
    • My journal
« Reply #6557 on: May 07, 2023, 02:58:48 AM »
DH has let go of the carcass of a piece of equipment (after stripping it for spares), some more old boxes, random pieces of foam, and a cheap guitar with a warped neck.
I've filled another charity shop bag of clothes, shredded more old paperwork, and dug up, divided and potted up some bamboo from the back of the garden which will enable us to reorganise some space (and maybe even make a few £ from selling the plants on Marketplace).

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #6558 on: May 07, 2023, 08:21:35 AM »
I was frustrated about something yesterday, and decided to channel my frustration into decluttering.

In my bathroom/bedroom, I found:
-8 pair of those socks good for wearing with flats. I wear Rothys, and no longer need those, as you can wash the entire shoe & sole.
-An unused ear wax kit (no clue where it came from)
-A container of vitamins (unopened) that we won't use
-A bunch of makeup brushes I haven't used in years

Listed them all on Buy Nothing, and they are all spoken for/pending pickup. Hurrah! More junk out of the house.

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6559 on: May 09, 2023, 02:22:18 PM »
Took some stuff down to the flea market to sell. Got rid of some medium sized items. An old wooden tennis racket in working condition, with its wooden storage brace  on it.  I had been trying to sell it forever, so it was a landmark event. I only asked  $2 for it. Ha Ha. That's OK.   

Also sold a nice new-in-box electric meat carving  knife for $7. No way am I ever going to 'maybe use it some day' so it was easy to let go of. I have lots of 'might use it someday' items stored in my house, but the electric knife is not one of them, lol.

Oh, and a Ray Charles CD for $1.

Plus lots of other stuff not exciting enough to talk about. Made $57 profit for the day. Woohoo ! Clutter out, cash in.

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6560 on: May 10, 2023, 07:01:50 AM »
Already gone or in the process of leaving the house - 12 books, pair of pants, curling iron, calculator, bag of timothy hay, 2nd hat, bottle of perfume, fabric box, picture frame, clock radio, 2 frying pans, 3 DVDs, 1 VHS tape, a belt and a pile of papers, either shredded or recycled.  Oh, and a plant I couldn't be bothered to keep alive, repotted in a candle holder, so that went too.

I won't miss any of these things, and yet I don't really notice any extra space from their removal either.

Off tomorrow - bags of yard debris and composting.

Congratulations on getting rid of those many items, SunnyDays.

I also experience the ' I just donated a whole car full of stuff, and my place looks the same' effect, lol. '  But I know all the stuff is gone, and I feel good about it for a while.   

Slow and steady wins the race, or something like that.

happy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6561 on: May 10, 2023, 04:11:18 PM »
Let it be known that I would like to wave a magic wand and all the unnecessary stuff would poof! instantly disappear from my life.
Tired of decluttering!

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #6562 on: May 10, 2023, 04:37:10 PM »
Let it be known that I would like to wave a magic wand and all the unnecessary stuff would poof! instantly disappear from my life.
Tired of decluttering!

Well technically wands exist but they cost a bit of money. Decluttering is something I enjoy so once I've finished my current round, can I come do yours? *rubs hands gleefully* A warning though: I am ruthless. And also scared of spiders, so there will be occasional screams.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6563 on: May 10, 2023, 04:41:37 PM »
Tired of decluttering!

Well technically wands exist but they cost a bit of money. Decluttering is something I enjoy so once I've finished my current round, can I come do yours? *rubs hands gleefully* A warning though: I am ruthless. And also scared of spiders, so there will be occasional screams.
Why do material objects have to be so... material? Roundrobin declutter sessions?

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6564 on: May 10, 2023, 08:14:18 PM »
Tired of decluttering!

Why do material objects have to be so... material? Roundrobin declutter sessions?

Oh yes! We can do your place next!

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6565 on: May 13, 2023, 08:21:31 PM »
Made the rounds today. Bag of stuff to Goodwill. Bag of stuff to the animal shelter. Bag of stuff to Habitat Restore (and have another thing now, sigh). Returns to 2 different stores. My to-do list was a mile long, and I crossed off a lot. Not enough of course and will do a few more things before bed because I am on deadline. Family leaves Monday for 3 weeks, so all this stuff HAS to be done.

rivendale

• Stubble
« Reply #6566 on: May 14, 2023, 09:48:11 AM »
Combined an event yesterday with dropping off practically brand new window treatments (didn't work for the kitchen and wouldn't fit  in any other window) at the Habitat for  Humanity  restore! Also dropped off a bag at the goodwill around the corner. One large long box and one bag of stuff out of the garage!

Vashy

• Bristles
« Reply #6567 on: May 14, 2023, 01:50:38 PM »
Gave away some bulky items via the local "buy nothing" group and am grouping various items by type to better tell which ones of those I actually like and want to keep. Still plenty of work to do, but feeling more in control.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6568 on: May 14, 2023, 11:01:22 PM »
At the end of April I made a 'niggly list' of 70 things, a lot of which were decluttering. I'm cracking through it and did the bathroom cupboard today. Out went suncream (expiry 2012), bathsalts (don't have a bath) and a couple of other things. Gave it a good clean and rearranged it so the things we use daily are at the front. Revolutionary.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6569 on: May 15, 2023, 02:31:09 AM »
Woot woot @Fresh Bread! It was bathroom cabinets and spice drawers that made me implement the one out-one in rule.

Yesterday I deleted 2200+ emails and tagged and archived another 1000 or so. I don’t need to keep receipts from 2006 for laptops I no longer own! I now have less than 100 in total in my gmail inbox and I’m working through taking any actions needed to clear them.

Today I realised I had no attachment any more to another five books and took them off to a street library. Six months ago, I was still attached to them but not any more. It’s building a little momentum.

Loretta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6570 on: May 15, 2023, 05:07:22 AM »
I successfully used up some body wash and toothpaste this weekend.  I have a box 4/5 full to go to consignment this week.  I’m awaiting a friend’s contribution to the box first. 

Josiecat22222

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6571 on: May 15, 2023, 05:15:59 AM »
Two books going to the little library today.

one set of very well loved cookie sheets going to BNG. (not really a win, because they are being replaced by the beautiful new set my son gave me for mother's day) 

I am working my way through our toiletries.  We have landed on our preferred products, but I am committed to using up the less desirable products.  Ugh.  At least there haven't been any new purchases for a long time.....

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6572 on: May 15, 2023, 05:22:48 AM »
I've started packing for our upcoming move, and I'm hopeful that a lot of decluttering will be coming in the process. Already came across a few novelty glasses that we never use, showed them to DH and got the go-ahead for the donate bin.

I had hoped to go through clothing as well, but I'm starting to show now, and I don't know if I want to get rid of clothes based on guessing how they'd fit me when I'm not pregnant. Currently all my regular clothes still fit, but just look a bit different on. And things with tight waists are out.

And of course, I expect a second round of decluttering on the other end, as we unpack and go "why did we even bring this?" or find things that don't go/fit/work in the new place.

Frugal Lizard

• Walrus Stache
  • One foot in front of the other....
« Reply #6573 on: May 15, 2023, 06:06:51 AM »
I have been trying to keep really good records of what seeds germinate and what doesn't.  I start with the oldest and keep trying out less old packets until I get enough starts.

I am also trying super hard to record how many seeds I  actually need.

I gave quite a few varieties to the seed library.  Ideally I would like all the seeds to fit in one bin.

SunnyDays

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6574 on: May 15, 2023, 02:25:44 PM »

I am working my way through our toiletries.  We have landed on our preferred products, but I am committed to using up the less desirable products.  Ugh.  At least there haven't been any new purchases for a long time....

If the less desirable products are things like lotions or shampoos, you can just blend them together with the ones you like, to make them less “ugh.”  Or donate to women’s/homeless shelters.  Because life is too precious to waste on things you hate.

Josiecat22222

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6575 on: May 15, 2023, 02:32:34 PM »
@SunnyDays - you are right!  It's really just the face wash I don't love. It's not terrible but it's not my favorite and I don't feel like it's doing my skin any favors.  Perhaps it will find its way to the buy nothing group....

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6576 on: May 16, 2023, 05:23:31 AM »
I successfully used up some body wash and toothpaste this weekend.  I have a box 4/5 full to go to consignment this week.  I’m awaiting a friend’s contribution to the box first.

Yesterday I used up one sample packet of skin cream, and tossed the wrapper. 3 more sample packets to go !  And then there are many regular tubes of various creams to use up. 

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6577 on: May 16, 2023, 05:31:28 AM »
Unloaded a few small items by selling them at the flea market. Even sold a clothing item, which is rare. A woman's fishing vest, for $2. Wow, I must be getting an eye for what sells, lol. I have donated tons of clothes. But I try to sell the occasional clothing item that I think might sell.

The big ugly punch bowl was ignored by everyone again, so I donated it to Salvation Army.   

Also donated 2 books to library. Didn't even bother trying to sell them.

Brystheguy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6578 on: May 16, 2023, 07:40:27 AM »
My parents moved to an apartment and we cleaned out their house of 30 years in about a week and a half. We moved their furniture to the new place, donated tons of stuff, and sold some things. We got the total from the dumpster company and we filled that dumpster with 4.7 TONS of stuff. It certainly motivated me to go through my own things and get rid of items.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6579 on: May 17, 2023, 03:01:29 AM »
Tiny but mighty victory: Ofpym posted to the local letterpress FB group to give away his (broken but repairable) press. The thing is the size of our dog but 198lbs of awkward. Anyway, he’s got two guys super interested and one is arranging for a courier to Brisbane!

stoaX

• Handlebar Stache
  • 'tis nothing good nor bad but thinking makes it so
« Reply #6580 on: May 17, 2023, 04:14:05 AM »
My parents moved to an apartment and we cleaned out their house of 30 years in about a week and a half. We moved their furniture to the new place, donated tons of stuff, and sold some things. We got the total from the dumpster company and we filled that dumpster with 4.7 TONS of stuff. It certainly motivated me to go through my own things and get rid of items.

4.7 tons!?!   I can't even wrap my head around that. Did you throw their cars into the dumpster?

Anyway, great job!  Now I'm wondering how much all my useless stuff weighs.

LD_TAndK

• Bristles
« Reply #6581 on: May 17, 2023, 04:52:31 AM »

4.7 tons!?!   I can't even wrap my head around that. Did you throw their cars into the dumpster?

When my wife and I are discussing buying some small thing like a book, I always joke that I'll have to consult our structural engineer first (we live in a three story townhome). I guess in some cases that might be necessary.

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6582 on: May 17, 2023, 06:50:26 AM »

Paper can get very heavy. Stacks of magazines or just regular typing paper, etc. And books. I think I have removed at least 1,000 pounds of that sort of thing from my house in the last few years.  Maybe even 2,000 pounds!   

fuzzy math

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6583 on: May 27, 2023, 08:44:08 AM »
We are having a local shredding event and last year they cancelled and the previous year I think because of Covid they didn't have it either. So, I have big ass box of shredding. I emptied out the three areas that are the accumulation areas, now I have to look a bit harder for some more stuff. The box is about the size of a laundry basket and almost full. It is way too heavy to carry so, I have to find some other thing to put the paperwork in. This is a free event at the Senior Center, but they are asking for donations. This is the first time they asked for donations. There is another event thru another organization that is charging $10 a box so I don't mind a donation. I just want to get rid of this mountain of paperwork! I have a paper shredder but this would be the kiss of death for it with all this paperwork!

This just made me remember how much I hate our shredder. Like I will rip stuff by hand not to have to use it. Its going to be donated for sure now thanks! I have access to shredder boxes at work too I can always sneak papers there.

Great job everyone on your last couple pages of successes! A sober reminder for everyone - one of my in laws has a hoarding disorder. She had a major stroke and now her young adult daughters are trying to clean out the 7 ft high piles of animal waste soaked garbage from the home so their mom can be discharged to somewhere. Obviously no one here is anywhere near like that, but this family member didn't used to be like this. Being able to examine your choices and thoughtfully purge items is a great mental exercise.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6584 on: May 27, 2023, 11:45:30 AM »

Paper can get very heavy. Stacks of magazines or just regular typing paper, etc. And books. I think I have removed at least 1,000 pounds of that sort of thing from my house in the last few years.  Maybe even 2,000 pounds!

Ceramics as well can add up. Not as much as paper usually, but I can see accumulating multiple sets of dishes (mother's, grandmother's, MIL, your own, other relatives, etc). Throw in a large wardrobe of clothing, tools, the books/magazines, and an accumulation of unwanted furniture and yeah, I can see it.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6585 on: May 28, 2023, 01:15:51 PM »
I raced around this morning and filled half the car trunk with clothes, kid furniture, and a few housewares to go to the church tag sale which is coming soon. Unfortunately,  that means all the low hanging fruit is gone, and now we have a vanfull of problematic stuff left... items that need to be cleaned before being given away, games missing a piece that we know we have somewhere, electronics that need their memories wiped, fixable items.  Mr. Poundwise, who is indeed wiser than me, says to just throw it all away... but the eco-warrior in me doesn't want to contribute to the landfill.

Well, it still feels good to get rid of so much clutter!  Next week I think I will start on the largest item (a big plastic toy easel which is covered with dirt) and then progress to items by decreasing size.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6586 on: May 28, 2023, 02:33:52 PM »
A solid approach @Poundwise - tackling the big things gives you the biggest return of space!

We continue nibbling away at our belongings - another bag in the donation bin, another couple of books to the free library. I’m still maintaining much lower levels of food inventory so we could get rid of the basement pantry entirely, which makes it easier to track what we have. 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 02:36:05 PM by mspym »

EchoStache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6587 on: May 29, 2023, 11:36:36 AM »
After moving about 1 year ago, and EXTENSIVELY purging, selling, purging, selling every weekend for months, we still have some straggling "stuff" in the basement of our new house.  We got things paired down to a certain point, and expended so much time and effort with the move and getting the new home situated, that the rest of the "stuff" in the basement, willingly became out of sight, out of mind.

Took a step to finish up.

Sold the last remnants of my old high end stereo system yesterday...a pair of speakers for $800.  Those were pretty big floor standing speakers in boxes.

Today:

Sold an old 32" Tv for $40

Sold an old computer chair(think kids cheap gaming chair, used to the point that the material was torn), for $15.  I'm glad it didn't go to the dump!

So four items gone, three that were quite large, and $855 in my pocket. :)

happy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6588 on: May 29, 2023, 09:46:41 PM »
Nice!

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6589 on: May 30, 2023, 03:42:25 AM »
I raced around this morning and filled half the car trunk with clothes, kid furniture, and a few housewares to go to the church tag sale which is coming soon. Unfortunately,  that means all the low hanging fruit is gone, and now we have a vanfull of problematic stuff left... items that need to be cleaned before being given away, games missing a piece that we know we have somewhere, electronics that need their memories wiped, fixable items.  Mr. Poundwise, who is indeed wiser than me, says to just throw it all away... but the eco-warrior in me doesn't want to contribute to the landfill.

Well, it still feels good to get rid of so much clutter!  Next week I think I will start on the largest item (a big plastic toy easel which is covered with dirt) and then progress to items by decreasing size.

If you don't want money for things, then post as free. At least the things that are just dirty, because the new owner can clean them. That will help a bit.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6590 on: May 30, 2023, 03:45:58 AM »
Woohoo Ofpym’s old double bass just sold. (Which covers 20% of the cost of the new double bass but think of the space savings…)

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6591 on: May 30, 2023, 11:59:36 AM »
Today the Vietnam Veterans Association (VVA) is coming to my house to pick up donations. I have around 15 garbage bags full of stuff and two small carts on wheels. This is just a small amount of clutter I have. The hub is gathering stuff in the garage and I have more...so much more. We have purged and purged and it just seems to find its way back here. We are only two people with so much excess it isn't funny! We have lived in the same house for over 40 years, never moving. Even though we have given tons of stuff to Goodwill, VVA, thrift stores and rented dumpsters over the years, it just finds its way back! The hub used to bring home scrap from work and that was a little of the problem. We want to gather up more stuff and have VVA pick up again soon. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to have an almost empty house! The way we originally started when we first got married. The house sounded hollow due to having next to nothing! Well, I guess we solved that problem!

LaineyAZ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6592 on: May 31, 2023, 08:27:51 AM »
Today the Vietnam Veterans Association (VVA) is coming to my house to pick up donations. I have around 15 garbage bags full of stuff and two small carts on wheels. This is just a small amount of clutter I have. The hub is gathering stuff in the garage and I have more...so much more. We have purged and purged and it just seems to find its way back here. We are only two people with so much excess it isn't funny! We have lived in the same house for over 40 years, never moving. Even though we have given tons of stuff to Goodwill, VVA, thrift stores and rented dumpsters over the years, it just finds its way back! The hub used to bring home scrap from work and that was a little of the problem. We want to gather up more stuff and have VVA pick up again soon. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to have an almost empty house! The way we originally started when we first got married. The house sounded hollow due to having next to nothing! Well, I guess we solved that problem!

Wow, that's a lot of stuff...is there any one thing that's prompting this latest big purge?  I'm considering doing more in the Fall but my decluttering will be more paper-based.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6593 on: May 31, 2023, 09:46:11 AM »
What prompted this was the fact that I had 15 bags piling up downstairs and it was a mountain of junk that had to go! I am constantly filling bags to donate and this time it got out of control. I should have done this much sooner.

The hub and I have things that we have had for years and not used. Like a meat slicer, a sandwich maker. I had this hobby where I used record album covers and have a stack of albums with records I want to get rid of. We have a huge industrial type desk that I have hated since the day the hub dragged it home. We plan to rent a dumpster and get rid of it. We have several old tv's to get rid of. Not many donation places take old tv's so they have to go in the dumpster too. I have an old electric typewriter that I loved about 25 years ago and it is in a closet! So much stuff!

Josiecat22222

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6594 on: May 31, 2023, 01:27:49 PM »
-managed to gift two bottles of skin cleanser that (ironically) broke me out in acne via BNG

-declared our original generation Ipod dead so it's gone

-gave away a speaker for said Ipod on BNG

-cleaned and reorganized DS's room- he parted with a hefty bag full of broken toys, school work from the prior year, etc.  Giving away a piece of MARVEL art to a neighbor with younger kids, 10 T shirts to fabric recycling

-took a manila envelope of documents to shred

-sent Terracycle Envelopes with plastic from skin care products, and food containers for recycling 

Loretta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6595 on: May 31, 2023, 05:51:06 PM »
On a trip and will wear some threadbare and annoying clothes one last time before they go in the trash. 

MayDay

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6596 on: June 03, 2023, 11:04:15 AM »
Last weekend the state of the house drove me over the edge and I cleaned out the game shelf and all the coats and mittens and hats and whatnot. Got rid of a fair bit. Also stacked the games neatly which freed up a shelf for DS's new hobby of wiring little circuit board things (can't remember the right word). I also organized my closet and got rid of 2 shirts that I theoretically like but avoid wearing.

I think I will do the hall closet tomorrow.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6597 on: June 03, 2023, 03:08:22 PM »
I can't remember if I already said but I took a bag of good bras that are too small to a place that gets them to those who need them.

Yesterday I did my wardrobe and removed any unflattering colour. I'm looking more washed out as I age so I got my 'colours done' and have a much better idea. To be honest I mainly removed things that have been sat there unworn for years that I needed a push to get rid of, or worn out stuff. There was only two items where I was a bit conflicted and of those I only wore one regularly. So I've got two bags to dispose of - one recycling and one donations. I'm now left with very very little!

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6598 on: June 03, 2023, 03:17:17 PM »
@Fresh Bread was getting your colours done a good experience? Would you recommend?

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6599 on: June 03, 2023, 06:15:31 PM »
I have too many suitcases. I need to pare down, but I can't yet. The giant silver one I promised to lend to a friend in July. Or June. This summer sometime. But after that I don't think I want to keep it.

Then I have the small red one. And the big blue one. The medium red one. There's a medium green one which is going to show up in my house this week. I don't know which, if any, will nest. But I do not need all these suitcases.

I also don't need the partial bag left over from the bathroom floor, nor do we need all the power cube things from the trip. Or the packing cubes. Basically, I need to do a sweep and gather up all the stuff that is not going to be needed, especially from my parent's house, and rehome it. Because whether they know it or not, they won't be traveling much in future. Certainly not internationally.