Author Topic: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig  (Read 1945957 times)

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
Re: Selling Tradelines / Piggybacking Part II: $1000+/hr, 20-40k/yr. Side Gig
« Reply #6050 on: September 15, 2023, 03:08:10 PM »
Thanks all.  My phone rings only if I whitelist the number, so I think from now on I'll just put my number in there as several folks suggested.

Previously I was finding a number in the same area code as the AU, but that becomes problematic IMO if the issuer (BofA in this case) gets heartburn about the add and wants to talk with me about it.

FYI, Old Company isn't even doing BofA anymore due to shutdown risk.  I'm putting this BofA card on ice with Old Company for at least six months and maybe permanently.

MoMoney88

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6051 on: September 16, 2023, 06:48:21 PM »
Speaking of BOA!!!  After adding an AU on your BOA card, has anyone else gotten a letter from BOA asking you to call them so they "can get more information about the person you'd like to add as an AU"?

This came today, about 3 weeks after adding the AU.  Hopefully it didn't cause the AU not to post!

EDIT!! -  Secondcore521,  I just realized you may have had the same experience!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 06:50:23 PM by morris08 »

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #6052 on: September 16, 2023, 09:10:29 PM »
Speaking of BOA!!!  After adding an AU on your BOA card, has anyone else gotten a letter from BOA asking you to call them so they "can get more information about the person you'd like to add as an AU"?

This came today, about 3 weeks after adding the AU.  Hopefully it didn't cause the AU not to post!

EDIT!! -  Secondcore521,  I just realized you may have had the same experience!

Yep, same exact experience.

In my case, my card still worked, which was nice.

I chose not to call because of the AU phone number issue hinted at above.  Let's just say the phone number I provided didn't connect BofA with the AU.

In my case, the AU did not post, and Old Company recommended resting the card for at least 4-6 months and possibly permanently.  I'm resting it six months and then revisiting the situation.

If you do call BofA about the letter, I'd be curious to hear what happens.

MoMoney88

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6053 on: September 18, 2023, 08:40:46 AM »
Called BOA this morning and basically their response was "Uh, you don't have any AUs on your card, would you like to add one?"  UGH!
I told them I have a "Case #" from a letter I received from BOA, and BOA needs more info on my AU.
He had no clue about a Case #, and said "I can add an AU for you"  so I just hung up.

Contacted the TL company and told them the AU I added on 8/17 was not actually added at that time and asked if we should cancel or should I try to add the AU over the phone with BOA.

Archipelago

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6054 on: September 18, 2023, 09:35:22 AM »
Yes. The last time an AU spoke with the CC company, my account was immediately doomed. CC company closed my account within 24 hours. I still got paid, but that Elan card is long gone.
I've had 2 AU that didn't post after I had added them.  The first AU called the card company and reported fraud and had their account closed before it posted.  Old Company wasn't amused.  All I could say to the card people, was that "I'd have to talk and find out why they did that.  That was not what we discussed."  Duck and run.

The other did the same thing with another card in the same month.  I got paid but they caused a lot of heart burn for me and Old Company.

Sorry to hear that yours cost you a card. 

I put my phone number for the AU's also.  I am getting debt collector calls for one of them now.  The google number is something to look into.  Lots of good ideas here.

Yeah, it was a real head scratcher trying to figure out why someone willingly signed up and paid a decent amount of $ for a credit boosting service, then called the CC company to report fraud and have it all shut down. That's the inherent risk you run in this side hustle. So it can go without saying don't put up a card unless you're willing to lose it and all of its benefits, points, etc.

Reddart67

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6055 on: September 18, 2023, 10:04:18 AM »
Yeah, it was a real head scratcher trying to figure out why someone willingly signed up and paid a decent amount of $ for a credit boosting service, then called the CC company to report fraud and have it all shut down.
It’s the nature of the beast. There are usually reasons why some people have low credit scores.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6056 on: September 22, 2023, 12:06:11 PM »
If someone is selling tradelines but their credit score gets dinged by collections or other negative marks, can they still keep selling tradelines provided that the negative mark is not for the credit cards they use for TLs? For example, if it's an unpaid medical bill, unpaid rent etc that goes into collections, does that show on their AU credit reports too?

This could happen for many reasons even to financially responsible people, including hospital billing errors, forgotten bills not getting paid... even gym memberships sometimes dont get properly canceled and go into collections
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 12:07:51 PM by Padonak »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6057 on: September 22, 2023, 12:23:18 PM »
If someone is selling tradelines but their credit score gets dinged by collections or other negative marks, can they still keep selling tradelines provided that the negative mark is not for the credit cards they use for TLs? For example, if it's an unpaid medical bill, unpaid rent etc that goes into collections, does that show on their AU credit reports too?

This could happen for many reasons even to financially responsible people, including hospital billing errors, forgotten bills not getting paid... even gym memberships sometimes dont get properly canceled and go into collections

Correct, the credit score of the cardholder isn't relevant, just the card history (on time payments, limit, age opened).
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

salt cured

• Bristles
« Reply #6058 on: September 26, 2023, 09:30:25 PM »
Does anyone have the latest payout information for the bad company? I can't find it online or in this thread (though I think it was posted a while back). I had a couple of adds today for a BoA card, and I think the quoted commission is low (for those interested, quoted $100/add for a 7 year old card with a $22k limit).

beekayworld

• Stubble
« Reply #6059 on: September 27, 2023, 06:00:32 PM »
This is the one I have:
https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/share-your-badassity/selling-tradelines-piggybacking-part-ii-$1000hr-20-40kyr-side-gig/3500/

It says a card 4 to 8 years old in the $20,000 to $29,999 range earns $175.

If you can get it into the Old Company, it will earn $250.

beekayworld

• Stubble
« Reply #6060 on: September 27, 2023, 06:01:30 PM »
new company

salt cured

• Bristles
« Reply #6061 on: September 28, 2023, 11:32:51 AM »
new company

Thanks. I’ll have to email them.

Unfortunately the good company told me they aren’t taking BoA anymore. Can’t remember the reason—either high shut down rate or low posting rate.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #6062 on: September 28, 2023, 11:48:05 AM »
new company

Thanks. I’ll have to email them.

Unfortunately the good company told me they aren’t taking BoA anymore. Can’t remember the reason—either high shut down rate or low posting rate.

It was a high shut down rate.

Reddart67

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6063 on: September 29, 2023, 01:09:16 PM »
Heh, it’s now “bad company and good company” instead of new/old company.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #6064 on: September 29, 2023, 02:52:19 PM »
Heh, it’s now “bad company and good company” instead of new/old company.

Honestly easier to remember.

Nutty

• Stubble
  • Late but haven't missed the train.
« Reply #6065 on: October 07, 2023, 04:46:54 PM »
I see Alliant Credit Union Credit Cards are now accepted by old company.  Application and approval completed quickly. 

I'm glad to see they are adding more banks.

BC_Goldman

• Bristles
« Reply #6066 on: October 08, 2023, 01:28:15 PM »
But are they adding new openings to add your cards? I've supposedly been on the wait-list for a couple years now.

Nutty

• Stubble
« Reply #6067 on: October 08, 2023, 01:43:06 PM »
I have not heard about open enrollment.  My solution is to keep getting cards for when it does happen. 

To improve your chances, get high credit limit cards.  Old ones are great, but you can't speed that up.  I'm playing the long game and building inventory for the future.

MoMoney88

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6068 on: October 10, 2023, 12:33:09 PM »
Is anyone else having posting issues with Chase cards lately, in the last 2-3 months?

I have been selling my Chase card since 2019 and have sold a total 42 spots...   No issues at all, until the last two AU's did not post.
I have always added AU's online (which doesn't not ask for SSN).

I think I will do a test and add my son over the phone so that I can provide the SSN.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #6069 on: October 10, 2023, 01:41:08 PM »
Is anyone else having posting issues with Chase cards lately, in the last 2-3 months?

I have been selling my Chase card since 2019 and have sold a total 42 spots...   No issues at all, until the last two AU's did not post.
I have always added AU's online (which doesn't not ask for SSN).

I think I will do a test and add my son over the phone so that I can provide the SSN.

Not me.  I've had three (non-family) AUs added to two different Chase cards successfully in the past four months.  All were added online.  Chase uses name, DOB, and address - if you add an AU with those three items and they match the AU, then it should post.

The only thing I can think of that might be the issue is if you're using your address instead of the AU address.  Even if you list the AU's address on the form and request a CC be sent, it'll still be sent to your address (unless you override that).

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6070 on: October 11, 2023, 02:42:07 PM »
I see Alliant Credit Union Credit Cards are now accepted by old company.  Application and approval completed quickly. 

I'm glad to see they are adding more banks.

How are you seeing this?  @Nutty 

I don't think I have received any emails from them lately...  thanks!

Nutty

• Stubble
« Reply #6071 on: October 12, 2023, 07:13:30 AM »
@katsiki  Go to the FAQ at old company and check the updated page 5 FAQ for cards they accept.  It will list Alliant but not specify the bank or the credit union.

The nice lady confirmed it was Alliant CU.  So use the SUB code to open a savings account from DOC and apply for a card.  I didn't find a referral program. 

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6072 on: October 12, 2023, 02:24:08 PM »
@katsiki  Go to the FAQ at old company and check the updated page 5 FAQ for cards they accept.  It will list Alliant but not specify the bank or the credit union.

The nice lady confirmed it was Alliant CU.  So use the SUB code to open a savings account from DOC and apply for a card.  I didn't find a referral program.

Thanks Nutty.  I forgot they had that section of the site..

Riker626

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6073 on: October 15, 2023, 09:48:13 PM »
Trying to get a better idea of all the card dynamics so I built this table.  There are several unknowns I would like to fill in.  If anyone has input I will update the table.

Would really like to know anything with " ?!?! ", thanks in advance.

-------------------------/ Life      / Reset by / Cancel 1 Card / Add    / Remove / At a   / Annual / Cycles / Notes
-------------------------/ Time    / Product  / All Cards or     / Online / Online    / time   / Max    /
-------------------------/ Limit    / Change  / All Accounts     /           /              / limit    /          /
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bank of America           /            /             / All Accounts     /            /              /           /          /   2      /
Barclays                       /35/card/    Yes    /       ?!?!           / Online /   Online   /     2     /          /   2     /
Capital One                  /   ?!?!    /   ?!?!    / All Cards          / Online /   Online   /     2     /          /    3    /
Chase                          /   ?!?!    /   ?!?!    / All Accounts    / Online  /    CALL    /     2     /          /     4   /
Citi                              /              /             /                       /  CALL  /ChatCALL/     2     /          /   2     /
Discover                      /              /             / All Accounts    / Online /   Online   /   1       /   7     /   2     /
Elan Financial               /    ?!?!    /   ?!?!    /                       / Online /ChatCALL  /     2     /          /   2     / Instructions say phone but can do online
NFCU                          /              /             /                        / Online /               /           /   4     /    3    / Military only
PNC                            /              /             /                        / Online /    CALL    /  1       /   5     /   2      / Instructions say phone but can do online
Synchrony CareCredit  /              /             /                        /  CALL  /    CALL   /           /          /   2      /
US Bank                      /              /             / All Accounts     / Online /    CALL    /     2    /         /   2      /
USAA                          /              /             /                        /            /               /           /         /   2      / Military only
Huntington Bank         /              /             /                        / Online  /                /           /         /   2      /
American Express       / 99/card  /   ?!?!    /       ?!? !          / Online  /                /           /         /   2      /
TD Bank/Target          / 35/card  /             /                        /            /               /            /         /          /

Thanks in advance

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6074 on: October 16, 2023, 09:23:21 AM »
@Riker626 can you really reset TL limit for barclays by changing the product? I tried that a couple of times and couldn't do it. Also they seem to only be able to change products to the same kind of co branded card (e.g. Wyndham premium to Wyndham free card).

The only time I think my limit was reset was when they discontinued one of their co branded cards and sent me a new plain card in exchange.

Riker626

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6075 on: October 22, 2023, 03:55:55 PM »
@Riker626 can you really reset TL limit for barclays by changing the product? I tried that a couple of times and couldn't do it. Also they seem to only be able to change products to the same kind of co branded card (e.g. Wyndham premium to Wyndham free card).

The only time I think my limit was reset was when they discontinued one of their co branded cards and sent me a new plain card in exchange.

Thanks for the reply.  I thought I read they could be reset, perhaps not.  I will read more (massive thread) and update, thanks.

Was hoping for better feedback, oh well ...

Riker626

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6076 on: October 22, 2023, 03:59:18 PM »
I know that Discover limits AUs to 7 annually.  However is that per card or per person in general?

Thanks in advance

Nutty

• Stubble
« Reply #6077 on: October 22, 2023, 06:59:19 PM »
I know that Discover limits AUs to 7 annually.  However is that per card or per person in general?

Thanks in advance
Ask the nice Lady.  They were trying to figure it out and I didn't get a good answer last year when this started. 

For me, it is seven per card.  P1 and P2 have one card each.  Really put a damper on our largest money makers.  C'est la vie.

medinaj2160

• Stubble
« Reply #6078 on: October 25, 2023, 01:11:43 PM »
What's the latest situation with Barclays?  This is my first Barclays AU add and I'm instructed (by the new company) to call in to add because there is no way to provide SSN online. Is this necessary? I'm away and can't call in.

Thanks!

Same question? are you guys calling in to add the SSN or you just do it online without the SSN and it still works. I haven't sold tradelines in a while. Thanks.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #6079 on: October 25, 2023, 01:26:06 PM »
What's the latest situation with Barclays?  This is my first Barclays AU add and I'm instructed (by the new company) to call in to add because there is no way to provide SSN online. Is this necessary? I'm away and can't call in.

Thanks!

Same question? are you guys calling in to add the SSN or you just do it online without the SSN and it still works. I haven't sold tradelines in a while. Thanks.

If you're away you're supposed to put your cards on hold.

Old/Good company's written instructions say for Barclays to do it online with name/DOB/address.

merula

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6080 on: October 25, 2023, 06:45:50 PM »
Old/Good company's written instructions say for Barclays to do it online with name/DOB/address.

I do this for the new/bad company and I haven't had a problem. If they wanted me to follow the instructions, they should pay me when owed.

medinaj2160

• Stubble
« Reply #6081 on: October 26, 2023, 04:14:38 AM »

Thanks!

Is the cap for the Barclays Cards 35 authorized user for the life of the car or yearly?

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #6082 on: October 26, 2023, 04:20:54 AM »

Thanks!

Is the cap for the Barclays Cards 35 authorized user for the life of the car or yearly?

Lifetime of the card.  Seems hard if not impossible to reset.

MoneyTree

• Bristles
    • Journal - The Best Time to Plant a MoneyTree
« Reply #6083 on: October 26, 2023, 06:12:13 PM »
Barclays is lifetime limit PER CARD. I tried to reset through a product change, unsuccessfully.

however, you CAN transfer your credit limit between cards, so if you open a second card (or if you planned ahead and opened a new card years ago), you can transfer the limit and then start selling on the second card once it is seasoned.

I am currently selling spots on my second Barclays card and opened a third that is seasoning.

kindoflost

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • always trying to learn
    • tradelines information for sellers
« Reply #6084 on: October 31, 2023, 01:48:33 PM »
Hello,
Two questions:
Does any company take Wells Fargo cards to sell tradelines?
What's a good Barclays card to get and sell tradelines later? (I've had the Aviator before so I think I can't get the bonus again)
Thanks!

Nutty

• Stubble
« Reply #6085 on: October 31, 2023, 02:24:56 PM »
All Barclays cards are equal.  Grab the one with the largest sign up bonus. 

<If you get the AARP (no age requirement), you will get all kinds of Medicare, insurance and spam calls.  I am not amused.  Yes, I turned off the affiliate sales calls notifications twice already.  They will sell your information and wear your phone out.>

No clue about Wells Fargo. 

kindoflost

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • always trying to learn
« Reply #6086 on: October 31, 2023, 04:00:58 PM »
All Barclays cards are equal.  Grab the one with the largest sign up bonus. 

<If you get the AARP (no age requirement), you will get all kinds of Medicare, insurance and spam calls.  I am not amused.  Yes, I turned off the affiliate sales calls notifications twice already.  They will sell your information and wear your phone out.>

No clue about Wells Fargo.

thanks!

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #6087 on: October 31, 2023, 04:01:07 PM »
I've gotten the Aviator bonus twice, and it's rather easy and lucrative to do.  Can't recall offhand if it was the exact same card but I think it was - Aviator Red MC or some such.  Check the T&C if you decide to apply - the language will be in there as to what the rules are.  Or Doctor of Credit might have data points on that one.

Nutty

• Stubble
« Reply #6088 on: October 31, 2023, 06:41:48 PM »
I've gotten the Aviator bonus twice, and it's rather easy and lucrative to do.  Can't recall offhand if it was the exact same card but I think it was - Aviator Red MC or some such.  Check the T&C if you decide to apply - the language will be in there as to what the rules are.  Or Doctor of Credit might have data points on that one.
Remind me what the rules are about referral bonuses here.  OK if they ask? 

kindoflost

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • always trying to learn
« Reply #6089 on: November 01, 2023, 07:32:04 AM »

Well, this is what the terms and conditions say:
Bonus AAdvantage® Miles and Incentives
From time to time, we may offer bonuses of AAdvantage® miles or other incentives to new American Airlines AAdvantage® Aviator® Red Mastercard cardmembers in connection with an application for a new card account. These bonuses and/or incentives are intended for applicants who are not and have not previously been American Airlines AAdvantage® Aviator® Red Mastercard cardmembers.
From here https://www.barclaycardus.com/applycontent/TnCs.jsp?tc45329https://www.barclaycardus.com/applycontent/TnCs.jsp?tc45329
The others are not that great compared to the Aviator.
Thanks

Riker626

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6090 on: November 05, 2023, 03:19:15 AM »
I have gotten a lot of useful info from this forum and wanted to provide some input from my experience of my Chase cards getting shut down last week.  Hopefully this can help others.

But first let me say that I'm not upset, I knew this was possible, have about 20-22 cards, and could loose all but maybe 2 (any 2) and be OK.  So, no worries on my side.

So my account came under review and was shut down for "Too many requests for credit or reviews of credit" and "Account not used as intended".  So why did it come under review?  My belief is I was doing too many new activities with Chase all at the same time.  If all you are doing is AUs at the recommended lever I don’t believe it would be reviewed.

AU placement:
I have only used the old company for this card.
Only had 1 AU at the moment of review.
2 in 2020; 6 in 2021; 4 in 2022; 2 in 2023 (counting the current UA) - 14 total life.
CC was 11 years old, 20k card, but relatively low usage (50 to 1,500 a month).
Not enough to warrant a review by itself.

Other activity:
1st: I had finally waited long enough on the 5/24 rule and got a 2nd chase CC, limit 21.5k.  I also did a CLI on my primary Chase card from 16k to 20k.
2nd: I then opened 4 other CCs and did several CLIs on other cards.
3rd: I wanted to give Chase more account activity for the checking account, thinking they would like that, so changed my payroll deposit over to Chase.
4th: I funded a stock market account using my Chase account, this was done primary because the stock market account has rules against funding it from multiple sources in a given time period, since I had used Chase in the last year, I choose to transfer funds from another checking account to Chase and then move those funds to my stock account.
5th: All this movement drained my other account that I use for basic bills, so once payroll deposits started coming in, I then transferred some of those funds back to my original checking.  Movement in 3 different directions to 2 different accounts.
6th: Checking balance for Chase dropped from about 26k to about 2k.

So I think I had a lot of flags pop up at the same time, then all they had to do was see all the AUs and cancel both CCs.  Went through the review process for reinstatement but didn’t get it.  You have to call a special number and then get moved up a series of people till you get to the “not nice guy”.  They didn’t like all the different last names for AUs and new CCs.  Told them I was getting new cards for all the different benefits and the AUs were in laws and associates I was trying to help out.  Didn’t work, lol.  Was told I could ask for reinstatement again in 30 days, not sure I will do that or not.  I fully expect the ability to get another chase CC after the 5/24 rule, sooner if I hadn't just gotten several others.  My moral line is if I get them reinstated then I wouldn’t do any more AUs with Chase, but if they are canceled and I wait to get new cards then I’m going to do it again.

Odd part is they didn’t close my checking account, everyone says they shut everything down but not my checking account.

I had a lot of unused rewards in my primary card (175.35 worth), they didn’t remove it online, so I just recently had it sent to my checking account, hopefully it goes through.

The 2nd card I just got had a 200.00 SUB that I had already met the spending on, but it has not shown up yet, however I have also not received my first billing statement for it yet, so it might still show up, not sure.

Anyway, it was my oldest card but not upset, I have many others, and really don’t care what a bank thinks of me, there are many others, don’t fear them.  The recent addition of cards dropped my TransUnion score from 842 to 818.  Equifax is still 831.  Have to see what loosing Chase does, loosing the old one isn’t good but loosing the new card will probably help, still expecting a small drop.

Hope this helps 😊

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6091 on: November 05, 2023, 05:33:41 AM »
Sorry for the shutdown.

That is really good data, thanks for sharing!
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6092 on: November 05, 2023, 08:13:31 AM »
I have gotten a lot of useful info from this forum and wanted to provide some input from my experience of my Chase cards getting shut down last week.  Hopefully this can help others.

But first let me say that I'm not upset, I knew this was possible, have about 20-22 cards, and could loose all but maybe 2 (any 2) and be OK.  So, no worries on my side.

So my account came under review and was shut down for "Too many requests for credit or reviews of credit" and "Account not used as intended".  So why did it come under review?  My belief is I was doing too many new activities with Chase all at the same time.  If all you are doing is AUs at the recommended lever I don’t believe it would be reviewed.

AU placement:
I have only used the old company for this card.
Only had 1 AU at the moment of review.
2 in 2020; 6 in 2021; 4 in 2022; 2 in 2023 (counting the current UA) - 14 total life.
CC was 11 years old, 20k card, but relatively low usage (50 to 1,500 a month).
Not enough to warrant a review by itself.

Other activity:
1st: I had finally waited long enough on the 5/24 rule and got a 2nd chase CC, limit 21.5k.  I also did a CLI on my primary Chase card from 16k to 20k.
2nd: I then opened 4 other CCs and did several CLIs on other cards.
3rd: I wanted to give Chase more account activity for the checking account, thinking they would like that, so changed my payroll deposit over to Chase.
4th: I funded a stock market account using my Chase account, this was done primary because the stock market account has rules against funding it from multiple sources in a given time period, since I had used Chase in the last year, I choose to transfer funds from another checking account to Chase and then move those funds to my stock account.
5th: All this movement drained my other account that I use for basic bills, so once payroll deposits started coming in, I then transferred some of those funds back to my original checking.  Movement in 3 different directions to 2 different accounts.
6th: Checking balance for Chase dropped from about 26k to about 2k.

So I think I had a lot of flags pop up at the same time, then all they had to do was see all the AUs and cancel both CCs.  Went through the review process for reinstatement but didn’t get it.  You have to call a special number and then get moved up a series of people till you get to the “not nice guy”.  They didn’t like all the different last names for AUs and new CCs.  Told them I was getting new cards for all the different benefits and the AUs were in laws and associates I was trying to help out.  Didn’t work, lol.  Was told I could ask for reinstatement again in 30 days, not sure I will do that or not.  I fully expect the ability to get another chase CC after the 5/24 rule, sooner if I hadn't just gotten several others.  My moral line is if I get them reinstated then I wouldn’t do any more AUs with Chase, but if they are canceled and I wait to get new cards then I’m going to do it again.

Odd part is they didn’t close my checking account, everyone says they shut everything down but not my checking account.

I had a lot of unused rewards in my primary card (175.35 worth), they didn’t remove it online, so I just recently had it sent to my checking account, hopefully it goes through.

The 2nd card I just got had a 200.00 SUB that I had already met the spending on, but it has not shown up yet, however I have also not received my first billing statement for it yet, so it might still show up, not sure.

Anyway, it was my oldest card but not upset, I have many others, and really don’t care what a bank thinks of me, there are many others, don’t fear them.  The recent addition of cards dropped my TransUnion score from 842 to 818.  Equifax is still 831.  Have to see what loosing Chase does, loosing the old one isn’t good but loosing the new card will probably help, still expecting a small drop.

Hope this helps 😊

It takes ten years for your closed cards to reduce your average age of accounts and drop off your credit report, having the cards closed should not effect your scores unless there's some negative adjustment for having a card closed by an issuer.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #6093 on: November 05, 2023, 10:16:52 AM »
My working theory is that CC companies just periodically go through and look for CC users with more than X (X = 10 maybe?) AUs lifetime, then manually go through the list and cancel any that look like abusers of their system.

I had two US Bank cards shut down and was doing nothing other than adding and removing AUs and making small monthly charges.  I suspect I was just caught in a periodic review.

I don't try to hide my AU activity other than to do as much via computer and website rather than in person or on the phone in order to minimize the CC company having humans look at my account.

Banks exist in part to move money around, so I doubt #3, #4, #5, or #6 had anything to do with the shutdowns.

I suspect you'll be able to get another Chase card if you want when you fall below 5/24 again.  My experience with US Bank is that they don't blacklist you from CCs for life; they just close the cards you have open that you're piggybacking on.  I got two new USBank cards a while after my earlier ones were closed.

Reddart67

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6094 on: November 05, 2023, 06:29:24 PM »
I actually got my US Bank card threatened to be closed when they scrutinized my AU activity (I suspect one of my AUs tried to open or apply for a U.S. Bank card and that’s when they looked at my activity). I had to remove my AUs to keep the card. Less than a year later, I tested the waters by adding my stepson to my account…then when nothing happened, started adding AUs as before. So far so good.

TheAgileCamel

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6095 on: November 07, 2023, 07:21:46 AM »
Citi is removing their tradelines completely from AU's credit files. These are no longer showing as inactive let alone active accounts. They are totally removed. I still have people on my card that the company is saying they have been removed entirely. Is anyone else seeing this? Seems strange as we never removed the AUs and they show as active on our end. They said this is a new trend.

Reddart67

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6096 on: November 07, 2023, 07:51:37 AM »
Citi is removing their tradelines completely from AU's credit files. These are no longer showing as inactive let alone active accounts. They are totally removed. I still have people on my card that the company is saying they have been removed entirely. Is anyone else seeing this? Seems strange as we never removed the AUs and they show as active on our end. They said this is a new trend.
I still see my AUs listed on my Citi card.

Reddart67

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6097 on: November 07, 2023, 11:56:20 AM »
I also just called in to add a SSN to one of my AUs on my AAdvantage Citi card (due to a request from the TL company) and was able to do so. The agent never mentioned anything about AUs not being accepted or cancelled. 🤷

MoneyTree

• Bristles
    • Journal - The Best Time to Plant a MoneyTree
« Reply #6098 on: November 07, 2023, 02:43:01 PM »
I haven’t noticed anything off with Citi. I have had issues with some random non-postings here and there, but not someone getting posted and then removed

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6099 on: November 10, 2023, 02:09:41 PM »
When my chase card was shut down, they said that it was a random review and that my AUs were on for too short a time then removed.  Hmmm, it's almost like they figured out what I was doing.

BoA got me a personal letter from their President, Darth Vader.  I had put my first AU on each of 3 BoA cards.  BAM, closed them all.  The death star does that.  No warning, just a death ray through the eye.