Author Topic: Who has Nationwide as their 401k service provider?  (Read 1801 times)

VTD0918

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Who has Nationwide as their 401k service provider?
« on: September 30, 2015, 09:34:05 AM »
I am a State employee for State of California. The state decided that they will be switching our retirement service provider from Savings Plus to Nationwide next year. In doing some research through Nationwide's website to see what types of investments options they offer I found that their mutual funds are all handled by Nationwide and doesn't offer options to allocate my money with Vanguard or Fidelty funds. Nationwide's expense ratios for their index funds are definitely too high. I'm bummed! Do anyone have Nationwide as their retirement account service provider? If yes, how do you feel about them managing your accounts?

whitewaterchica

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Who has Nationwide as their 401k service provider?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 11:03:41 AM »
I have Nationwide and have access to Vanguard Funds. I am not impressed with Nationwide overall (high fees, terrible website, etc...) but it's what we have so I go with the flow.

VTD0918

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 11:48:08 AM »
I have Nationwide and have access to Vanguard Funds. I am not impressed with Nationwide overall (high fees, terrible website, etc...) but it's what we have so I go with the flow.

Thank you for responding! I'll have to dig deeper once my account is transferred to Nationwide.

Thegoblinchief

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 05:13:19 PM »
I had them at my last job. The fund options weren't great but they certainly weren't terrible.