Poll

What is your personality type (quiz below)?

ISTP - Virtuoso
ISFP - Adventurer
ESTP - Entrepreneur
ESFP - Entertainer
INFJ - Advocate
INFP - Mediator
ENFJ - Protagonist
ENFP - Campaigner
ISTJ - Logistician
ISFJ - Defender
ESTJ - Executive
ESFJ - Consul
INTJ - Architect
INTP - Logician
ENTJ - Commander
ENTP - Debater

Author Topic: What is your Myers–Briggs personality type? (16 personality quiz)  (Read 15359 times)

honeybbq

• Handlebar Stache
Re: What is your Myers–Briggs personality type? (16 personality quiz)
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2017, 10:25:39 AM »
I got “THE LOGISTICIAN” (ISTJ-A)

Usually on these tests I'm INTJ so I'm suprised I ended up with an S. I see most of us are INTJs here.

TheAnonOne

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2017, 10:57:33 AM »
Executive (ESTJ-a)

I think I tend to bounce around depending on the test, my mood and other things. Executive has come up a few times and I think generally fits me well. I have more of a tendency to make choices based on fact rather than feelings. I pushed upwards in my career hitting senior levels back when I was merely 22-23. ect ect.

Ah well. INTJ - Architect is my "other" zone I tend to fall into, which makes sense, as they are both logic based items.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 11:03:43 AM by TheAnonOne »

A Definite Beta Guy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2017, 11:27:18 AM »
Executive (ESTJ-a)

I think I tend to bounce around depending on the test, my mood and other things. Executive has come up a few times and I think generally fits me well. I have more of a tendency to make choices based on fact rather than feelings. I pushed upwards in my career hitting senior levels back when I was merely 22-23. ect ect.

Ah well. INTJ - Architect is my "other" zone I tend to fall into, which makes sense, as they are both logic based items.

Probably a good example of the weaknesses of the MBTI theory here, actually.

The INTJ mode of thinking is Introverted Intuition followed by Extraverted Thinking.
The ESTJ mode of thinking is Extraverted Thinking followed by Introverted Sensing.

The difference between Introverted Intuition and Introverted Sensing is huge in the MBTI theory. Introverted intuition is the kind of thinking that involves just looking at a problem and "getting it," and seeing all sorts of insights other people would not.
INTJ would theoretically have a lot of problems with formal logic, because that's not how INTJs think. They don't think "If A, then B," they think "wow, here's a bunch of information about the Civil War, hey have you ever thought that maybe the South really never had a chance in the first place despite all these early victories?"
These insights and their ability to categorize allows them to have lots and lots of plans, and back up plans to back up plans.
The ultimate INTJ hero, and ONLY INTJ hero, is comic book Batman. All other INTJs are villians.

Straight-logic is the INTP type....which is Introverted thinking, followed by extraverted intuition, which is a total reversal of the INTJ function (despite the letters only being one apart). Introverted Thinking IS logic and math. It's A, then B, then C.
The ultimate INTP hero is Sherlock Holmes.

ESTJ-Introverted sensing is none of this. Introverted sensing is comparing current situations to prior situations. The extraverted thinking is the CEO kind of thinking, of getting stuff done and putting everything into its logical place. Most people believe in right and wrong, but the xSxJ combination is supposed to be the combination MOST obsessed with right and wrong. In a traditional sense, too.

The ultimate ESTJ hero is Captain America (comic book version).

So these types are all majorly different from each other. INTJ and ESTJ should not really overlap at all. The only way they should actually be similar is that they are both huge jerks in the typical MBTI set-up. Like, Captain America thinks you should damn well serve Uncle Sam because it's your duty, and Batman is one-step away from complete psychosis.

In reality, none of these functional dichotomies actually exist. In particular, there's the whole extraverted vs. introverted feeling thing, which is the difference between "being empathetic" and "sticking to my values." You can do both, in reality, but MBTI doesn't permit that.

Side note:
ESTJ and INTJ are both supposed to be the biggest jerks, just in different ways, so.... :

Tyson

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2017, 11:44:46 AM »
Introverted intuition is the kind of thinking that involves just looking at a problem and "getting it," and seeing all sorts of insights other people would not.
INTJ would theoretically have a lot of problems with formal logic, because that's not how INTJs think. They don't think "If A, then B," they think "wow, here's a bunch of information about the Civil War, hey have you ever thought that maybe the South really never had a chance in the first place despite all these early victories?"
These insights and their ability to categorize allows them to have lots and lots of plans, and back up plans to back up plans.

Just as a side note, I can say with some certainty that this precisely describes my method of processing information.  It's funny, because if I explain my thoughts to someone else, it's always in a very logical A-B-C method.  But that's all after I've come up with the ideas and finished all the internal processing.  If I were to explain the initial process, it would look like pure chaos to someone else.  And in fact, maybe it is pure chaos!  :D

marielle

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2017, 11:54:40 AM »
Well, I did some brief research on other personality tests and ended up taking the 567 question MMPI-2 test. Still working on understanding the results and if the results are valid (that is, answered truthfully/consistently).

I got the test here:
https://cognitivedynamics.blogspot.com/2015/05/mmpi-2-take-mmpi-personality-test-free.html

It has to be done on a computer.

How to validate:
https://cognitivedynamics.blogspot.com/2015/09/how-to-interpret-mmpi-2-scores-do-it.html

Not sure how much I will get out of the results (obviously I don't have a psychology degree) but I'm interested to learn a bit about it.

acroy

• Handlebar Stache
    • SWAMI
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2017, 12:36:24 PM »
Personality traits are supposed to be stable.
The logic (lack thereof) hurts but we won't go there.

I find it interesting how personalities do change over time. Mine has. Apparently people generally 'mature' and get 'better' with age. I like to think they do.
http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/06/30/484053435/personality-can-change-over-a-lifetime-and-usually-for-the-better

OurTown

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2017, 12:38:16 PM »
Myers-Briggs was a big deal Lucile back in the mid 90s.  We used to call them "Episcopalian horoscopes."

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2017, 12:45:37 PM »
Once again, the Myers-Briggs is bullshit. There is no empirical evidence to support its reliability or validity.

It doesn't matter what it says you are.

Tetsuya Hondo why do you always insist on coming to MBTI threads with your antagonistic attitude, while adding nothing meaningful to the discussion?  MBTI is totally unreliable but is fun to at least think about. How about you provide links to some literature that examines/discredits its reliability and validity?  It'd be a hell of a lot more interesting than your senseless tirades.

Edit: typos
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 12:50:29 PM by Cwadda »

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2017, 12:50:19 PM »
My background is in experimental psychology. My beef with Myers briggs and other self-responding questionnaires, boils down to how self-aware people are in how they are judging themselves, and also a general question of how "stable" personality is as a construct. An example is, that people in certain jobs are more likely to test as certain personality types. I would actually see myself as a spacey intuitive type person, who loves doing things with her hands and spending time with animals. However as that kind of thinking would not be rewarded in the job I hold, I've had to train my brain or look at things a different way to get through the workload (more dispassionate for example). So which comes first, the way of thinking, or the job or vocation increasing that way of thinking?
Yes I tested intj, but I'm looking forward to retirement, where I can be a bohemian in heart and action : )

Carrie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2017, 01:20:01 PM »
Partgypsy, we'd be great friends.
Since my ER (not fi, just easy sahm gig), I'm totally going bohemian, with my puttering around, making stuff. I'm intj who has found peace. :)

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2017, 01:53:27 PM »
Partgypsy, we'd be great friends.
Since my ER (not fi, just easy sahm gig), I'm totally going bohemian, with my puttering around, making stuff. I'm intj who has found peace. :)

yes! you are living the dream!

mizzourah2006

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2017, 10:57:14 PM »
My background is in experimental psychology. My beef with Myers briggs and other self-responding questionnaires, boils down to how self-aware people are in how they are judging themselves, and also a general question of how "stable" personality is as a construct. An example is, that people in certain jobs are more likely to test as certain personality types. I would actually see myself as a spacey intuitive type person, who loves doing things with her hands and spending time with animals. However as that kind of thinking would not be rewarded in the job I hold, I've had to train my brain or look at things a different way to get through the workload (more dispassionate for example). So which comes first, the way of thinking, or the job or vocation increasing that way of thinking?
Yes I tested intj, but I'm looking forward to retirement, where I can be a bohemian in heart and action : )

As someone with a background in psychology how should one study individual personality at an aggregate level?

Kl285528

• Stubble
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2017, 07:06:43 AM »
to me, it is uncanny how consistent my results have been over time - NT always, with borderline E/I, and borderline P/J - I tested first as an INTJ, but just barely I - The P part may be the older, more mature me peeking through, as well as adaptive E behaviors, with a real need like most introverts to have time to recharge by myself.
When I first read the INTJ description, it really nailed it, and then reading other types many seemed strange and dare I say illogical!
Anyway, like most tools, use them in ways that benefit you.

begood

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2017, 07:54:42 AM »
Like Laura33 and Goldielocks, I take MBTI typing not as scientifically robust fact but rather as a framework for understanding.

My husband (ENTJ) and I (EXFJ) have an INFJ daughter. The language of MBTI helped us come to terms with her introvert diagnosis. Just kidding! But it did give us tools. For example, introverts recharge their batteries alone; my mister and I recharge our batteries together. We'd be hurt when she didn't want to join our recharging party but now we understand better. Could we have gotten there some other way? Sure. But the shorthand helped.

MrsPete

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2017, 08:03:18 AM »
Like Laura33 and Goldielocks, I take MBTI typing not as scientifically robust fact but rather as a framework for understanding.

My husband (ENTJ) and I (EXFJ) have an INFJ daughter. The language of MBTI helped us come to terms with her introvert diagnosis. Just kidding! But it did give us tools. For example, introverts recharge their batteries alone; my mister and I recharge our batteries together. We'd be hurt when she didn't want to join our recharging party but now we understand better. Could we have gotten there some other way? Sure. But the shorthand helped.
That's exactly what I said in an earlier post.  My youngest approaches the world in a way very different from me, and the MB helped me understand -- not the E vs. I portion /she and I share that -- but that she is better with "projects" (definite beginnings and ends) than with ongoing work, that she appreciates /needs beauty and art in a way that I do not, that she feels deeply but doesn't express those feelings well through words, plus a couple other things.  Of course, one of her traits is a dislike of long-term planning, and I've helped her understand that although this is her preference, we all need plans and goals.  We read this together while she was a young teen, and it really helped me understand her better. 

begood

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2017, 08:19:38 AM »

That's exactly what I said in an earlier post.  My youngest approaches the world in a way very different from me, and the MB helped me understand -- not the E vs. I portion /she and I share that -- but that she is better with "projects" (definite beginnings and ends) than with ongoing work, that she appreciates /needs beauty and art in a way that I do not, that she feels deeply but doesn't express those feelings well through words, plus a couple other things.  Of course, one of her traits is a dislike of long-term planning, and I've helped her understand that although this is her preference, we all need plans and goals.  We read this together while she was a young teen, and it really helped me understand her better.

MrsPete, I think your daughter and mine would get along famously! They could sit side-by-side working on their own art projects independently. My daughter told us once that her favorite thing is be with people she loves but doing her own thing. We don't get lots of words from her, so when we do get them, we take them seriously. So now we actively create situations where she has that comfort level.

FI4good

• Stubble
  • EU citizen
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2017, 08:21:22 AM »
INFP-T who'd have thought it, me to a T :)

Milizard

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2017, 08:35:32 AM »
Executive (ESTJ-a)

The INTJ mode of thinking is Introverted Intuition followed by Extraverted Thinking.
The ESTJ mode of thinking is Extraverted Thinking followed by Introverted Sensing.

The difference between Introverted Intuition and Introverted Sensing is huge in the MBTI theory. Introverted intuition is the kind of thinking that involves just looking at a problem and "getting it," and seeing all sorts of insights other people would not.
INTJ would theoretically have a lot of problems with formal logic, because that's not how INTJs think.
They don't think "If A, then B," they think "wow, here's a bunch of information about the Civil War, hey have you ever thought that maybe the South really never had a chance in the first place despite all these early victories?"
The ultimate INTJ hero, and ONLY INTJ hero, is comic book Batman. All other INTJs are villians.

Straight-logic is the INTP type....which is Introverted thinking, followed by extraverted intuition, which is a total reversal of the INTJ function (despite the letters only being one apart). Introverted Thinking IS logic and math. It's A, then B, then C.

ESTJ-Introverted sensing is none of this. Introverted sensing is comparing current situations to prior situations. The extraverted thinking is the CEO kind of thinking, of getting stuff done and putting everything into its logical place. Most people believe in right and wrong, but the xSxJ combination is supposed to be the combination MOST obsessed with right and wrong. In a traditional sense, too.

So these types are all majorly different from each other. INTJ and ESTJ should not really overlap at all. The only way they should actually be similar is that they are both huge jerks in the typical MBTI set-up. Like, Captain America thinks you should damn well serve Uncle Sam because it's your duty, and Batman is one-step away from complete psychosis.

In reality, none of these functional dichotomies actually exist. In particular, there's the whole extraverted vs. introverted feeling thing, which is the difference between "being empathetic" and "sticking to my values." You can do both, in reality, but MBTI doesn't permit that.

Side note:
ESTJ and INTJ are both supposed to be the biggest jerks, just in different ways, so.... :

Really interesting what you say here, but where do you get this?  Because I am an INTP, but jump tot the answer like you describe for INTJ, and then have to back into the steps.  I wonder if this is just a description of higher intelligence and not personality so much.

Laura33

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2017, 09:20:27 AM »
Executive (ESTJ-a)

INTJ would theoretically have a lot of problems with formal logic, because that's not how INTJs think.
They don't think "If A, then B," they think "wow, here's a bunch of information about the Civil War, hey have you ever thought that maybe the South really never had a chance in the first place despite all these early victories?"

Side note:

Really interesting what you say here, but where do you get this?  Because I am an INTP, but jump tot the answer like you describe for INTJ, and then have to back into the steps.  I wonder if this is just a description of higher intelligence and not personality so much.

ITA - those seem flipped to me.  I am a strong NP, and I always jump to the answer, then have to go back and fill in the steps (in HS, I always wrote the paper first, then wrote the outline to match the paper).

Then again, I've also always done very well with formal logic, too.  I can easily see the errors in logic when someone lays them out, that's just not the way I naturally approach problems.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2017, 02:53:20 PM »

Hi... I think you may have my opinion wrong.   I believe that there is a very strong test - retest relationship in MBTI, for a soft science that uses biological subjects, and a subject as "soft" as psychology / personality.

I have quite a bit of training in this instrument, including review of the statistical data.   It certainly isn't perfect, and I am interested in researching "the big 5" but it is very strong statistically, startlingly so given the era the the primary instrument(s) were developed in, and hypothetical theory it was based on.

Over the years, I do think that it does not well explain how people grow.  The  more I learn about how our brains adapt and change, not just as children, I keep thinking that there is a missing piece of the MBTI puzzle.  It does allow for personality growth and evolution, development of strengths and for environment (work, family) driving us to grow ourselves in ways that our "type" does not describe.  Like learning to write with your non-dominant hand through practice, you may do it well, but it may not be your natural inclination, etc.., is how they explain it, but I don't think the explanation goes far enough.

Milizard

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2017, 06:28:23 PM »
Executive (ESTJ-a)

Side note:

ITA - those seem flipped to me.  I am a strong NP, and I always jump to the answer, then have to go back and fill in the steps (in HS, I always wrote the paper first, then wrote the outline to match the paper).

Then again, I've also always done very well with formal logic, too.  I can easily see the errors in logic when someone lays them out, that's just not the way I naturally approach problems.

I agree, they do seem flipped.  Just the p would imply being able to perceive the answer, while a j would imply making logical judgments.

kimmarg

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2017, 06:39:19 PM »
ESTP apparently crazy bucking the trend on the message board.  Totally extroverted. Go stir crazy if left at home by myself over 6 hours. Will talk to random strangers about whatever (including on this message board).  Completely logical and prone to doing/saying blunt borderline rude things not because I'm mean but because I'm completely oblivious. Some mottos that I feel fit too well my personality "better to ask for forgivness than permission" (ha ha ha boss *loves* that one but I'm pretty good about knowing when it's the right call). "Where there's a will, there's a way" (and I've got a will, don't get me going!!!)

My partner majored in psychology refuses to take the test for all the various reasons you other psychology types have said. But clearly they've got a bit of "F" in 'em as they are always worried about what they said to people and if they offended them. Me? Not a second thought - oh well, what's done is done better next time.

As others have said I find it useful to help with understanding coworkers. "you feeling ok?" when I sigh is apparently meant as a loving considerate move and I should sit and talk. (reality check- I make noises at the computer unconciously when I'm coding and I just want to get back to what I was doing before I forget where I was gonna close that last if statement)

Carrie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2017, 07:35:45 PM »
And I *love* being at home by myself. I'll DIY just about anything to avoid having to go out needlessly in public  (save money too, bonus). I can go a whole week without leaving the house, and if I'm social with a few people all in the same day, I'll need a day or two to recover. (Immediate family doesn't count.)

MrsPete

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2017, 09:53:36 PM »
MrsPete, I think your daughter and mine would get along famously! They could sit side-by-side working on their own art projects independently. My daughter told us once that her favorite thing is be with people she loves but doing her own thing. We don't get lots of words from her, so when we do get them, we take them seriously. So now we actively create situations where she has that comfort level.
I think you're right.  My daughter has never said that she likes to be with people doing her own thing, but I suspect if asked she'd say, "Yeah, that'd be perfect."

Laura33

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2017, 08:07:15 AM »
@Goldielocks:  re: your last comment, I call it protective coloration.  The reality is the business world tends to be highly S/J, with some work requiring E (e.g., making presentations).  So in order to succeed (and, umm, remain employed), I have had to adapt and learn those kinds of behaviors.  E.g., my thing is the phone: hate it with a passion, will do anything to avoid answering it.  But at work, if the phone rings, I better pick it up on the first or second ring. 

So I would get a completely different result if I took the test and answered as "work me."  But that doesn't change the fact that the "real" me remains a pretty strong INTP (which also explains why work can be so exhausting at times - I am a pretty classic square peg in a round hole).

But I can also see how some aspects of personality could change through experience.  I did change from F to T in law school, although I remain close to the line.  I don't think it is a coincidence that law school is all about logic and figuring out the best answer that is most consistent with the existing law; you learn pretty quickly that the very sympathetic plaintiff doesn't always have a valid case.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2017, 11:30:07 AM »
it would be interesting to see what if anything changes in the way the questions are answered 5 years after FIRE etc.

A Definite Beta Guy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2017, 12:47:10 PM »
To the above re: INTP

P and J do not refer to logic, but to gathering information vs. making decisions, and what you "show the world."

Perceiving means gathering information. Judging means making decisions. Everyone obviously has both. But perceiving types "Show the world" their information-gathering functions, while judging types "show the world" their decision-making functions.

Perceiving types are supposed to be perpetual flakes and ditzy people, while judging people tend to be overly attached to making decisions in the absence of good information.

Judging does not mean logical, as you can make decisions on criteria that are illogical.

INTP vs. INTJ is the difference between inquisitive nerd and asshole nerd. An INTP has extraverted intuition vs. introverted intuition for INTJ. It's the difference between idea cloud brain-storming (extraverted) and obsessive thinking to come up with a single coherent new idea (introverted).

So an INTP is going to be a tinkerer that is a bit flighty and thinking about possibilities. An INTJ is going to look at something, come up with a single solution, and figure out how to implement it. If you've seen/read "Watchmen," it's the difference between Dr. Manhattan and Ozymandias.

BobTheBuilder

• Stubble
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2017, 01:15:03 PM »
Just retook the test. I think it is well designed, this is the 3rd time I did this only test over 1 year in completly different moods and it always comes up as ENTP - Debater :-D

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2017, 02:30:47 PM »
it would be interesting to see what if anything changes in the way the questions are answered 5 years after FIRE etc.

There is actually a measurable* difference in how the questions are answered between taking it at work, or taking it on sunday afternoon, at home, after a day off.  This is especially true of people that are not using their "resting state" (my wording) preferences while at work, or are writing the MBTI while under stress, or if they perceive that a certain type will get rewarded by the employer somehow versus a different type result.

*Measurable - as in statistically significant, but still a very low % change of letters.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2017, 02:33:38 PM »

P and J do not refer to logic, but to gathering information vs. making decisions, and what you "show the world."

Perceiving means gathering information. Judging means making decisions. Everyone obviously has both. But perceiving types "Show the world" their information-gathering functions, while judging types "show the world" their decision-making functions.

Perceiving types are supposed to be perpetual flakes and ditzy people, while judging people tend to be overly attached to making decisions in the absence of good information.

Judging does not mean logical, as you can make decisions on criteria that are illogical.

INTP vs. INTJ is the difference between inquisitive nerd and asshole nerd. An INTP has extraverted intuition vs. introverted intuition for INTJ. It's the difference between idea cloud brain-storming (extraverted) and obsessive thinking to come up with a single coherent new idea (introverted).

So an INTP is going to be a tinkerer that is a bit flighty and thinking about possibilities. An INTJ is going to look at something, come up with a single solution, and figure out how to implement it. If you've seen/read "Watchmen," it's the difference between Dr. Manhattan and Ozymandias.

Did you just call out 32% of the poll voters on this thread "Asshole Nerds"...? 

LOL

A Definite Beta Guy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2017, 10:49:42 AM »

Did you just call out 32% of the poll voters on this thread "Asshole Nerds"...? 

LOL
Well, the shoe has a good fit, lol.

If you're the person who analyzes your spending and discovers you can actually retire in 10 years without major quality of life hits, and then face-punch/run roughshod over everyone who disagrees, yeah, that's sort of an INTJ/asshole nerd kind of thing!

For giggles, I made this list of personality types and extreme versions of each character. Fictional characters, having less complexity than real people, are easy to stereotype into archtypes.

Guardian   
ISFJ   Marge Simpson
ESFJ   Baymax (Big Hero 6)
ISTJ   Darth Vader
ESTJ   Hermione Granger (especially the early books)

Artisan   
ISFP   Hagrid
ESFP   Theon Greyjoy (pre-Reek)
ISTP   Daniel Craig James Bond
ESTP   Bart Simpson

Idealist   
INFJ   Yoda
ENFJ   Peeta Malark (hunger games)
INFP   Luna Lovegood as an extreme example.
ENFP   Ariel (Little Mermaid)

Rational   
INTJ   Ben Afleck Batman/Snape
ENTJ   Steve Jobs/Tywin Lannister
INTP   Dr. Manhattan
ENTP   Tony Stark

tipster350

• Bristles
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2017, 11:02:00 AM »
"If you're the person who analyzes your spending and discovers you can actually retire in 10 years without major quality of life hits, and then face-punch/run roughshod over everyone who disagrees, yeah, that's sort of an INTJ/asshole nerd kind of thing!"

I'm an INTJ, and I think this misses the mark a little bit. I don't like to waste my time arguing with someone. Life is too short. I'll engage if I can see solid logic and an openness to listening. If not, if your posts are full of emotional statements presented as facts, or you are closed to the possibilities of a different POV, I usually won't bother. I might point out the fallacies in your thinking but probably not. In real life I don't think I come across as an asshole, but somewhat reserved and a little quirky as I don't engage for the sake of engaging, and choose my friends and associates carefully.

A Definite Beta Guy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2017, 02:53:42 PM »
"If you're the person who analyzes your spending and discovers you can actually retire in 10 years without major quality of life hits, and then face-punch/run roughshod over everyone who disagrees, yeah, that's sort of an INTJ/asshole nerd kind of thing!"

I'm an INTJ, and I think this misses the mark a little bit. I don't like to waste my time arguing with someone. Life is too short. I'll engage if I can see solid logic and an openness to listening. If not, if your posts are full of emotional statements presented as facts, or you are closed to the possibilities of a different POV, I usually won't bother. I might point out the fallacies in your thinking but probably not. In real life I don't think I come across as an asshole, but somewhat reserved and a little quirky as I don't engage for the sake of engaging, and choose my friends and associates carefully.
Well, keep in mind:
1. MBTI is pretty much crap, so it shouldn't be taken as too predictive.
2. Even knowing certain aspects of your personality doesn't mean we can figure out your action in every single circumstance. (a limitation of any personality test, even if it is statistically valid). There'd be some INTJs who are more pro-social than other INTJs.

Even assuming MBTI is valid, there's only 16 types, so there's lot of room for variation. To nerd out a bit more, combine the INTJ with the D&D alignment chart, which would change motivations. Snape is a True Neutral while Batman is more of a borderline Neutral/Chaotic Good.

EDIT: Although, the more I think about it, Batman doesn't really have a D&D alignment type. He's just Batman.