Author Topic: What is with the toilet paper hoarding?  (Read 21779 times)

Schaefer Light

• Handlebar Stache
Re: What is with the toilet paper hoarding?
« Reply #250 on: April 05, 2020, 02:25:03 PM »
Thought this article was interesting.  The shortage may simply be due to so many people not using the bathroom at work.

https://marker.medium.com/what-everyones-getting-wrong-about-the-toilet-paper-shortage-c812e1358fe0

Why aren't they selling the commercial toilet paper then? They are just letting the commercial TP pile up while stores across the country are consistently sold out and people legitimately don't have TP to the point they are using rags and old shirts and creating huge problems for water departments across the country? That makes no sense.

According to the article, the commercial TP producers would have to establish all new retail relationships and shipping logistic systems to get their product in to retail stores which would cost a lot of money for a low margin business.
Yeah.  It's not so simple.  The article did a good job of explaining the difficulties.  I had never even thought about the fact that the demand for toilet paper is so inelastic that the producers have never had to worry about quickly increasing output.

If I need TP, I think I will go to my office and raid the company stockpile ;).

big_owl

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #251 on: April 05, 2020, 02:27:27 PM »
If it get that bad then just do your business and take a shower to rinse off down there.  I'm looking pretty smart for my 90 roll purchase last month. But again, with IBS I'm using the toilet 3-5 times a day so having no TP is high anxiety.

I've now said this multiple times, but why not order a bidet?

Yes for sure, my comment was more along the lines for those who are stuck with whatever they already got. 

frogstomp81

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #252 on: April 05, 2020, 02:38:04 PM »
I know it's been mentioned several times already, but I got a bidet several years ago and I will never go back to TP. $40 on amazon and I've not been concerned about toilet paper at all. 10/10 would recommend. Might have to wait a few extra days to get one from amazon at this point but then no more TP worries or expense.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #253 on: April 05, 2020, 03:54:19 PM »
If it get that bad then just do your business and take a shower to rinse off down there.  I'm looking pretty smart for my 90 roll purchase last month. But again, with IBS I'm using the toilet 3-5 times a day so having no TP is high anxiety.

I've now said this multiple times, but why not order a bidet?

Yes for sure, my comment was more along the lines for those who are stuck with whatever they already got.

If they've got a shower head, they've got a bidet.

marble_faun

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #254 on: April 05, 2020, 08:37:57 PM »
cloth wipes