Author Topic: What creative ways have you found to use your Chase Reserve $300 annual credit?  (Read 2167 times)

FrugalSaver

• Pencil Stache
I may just buy a gift card for $300 on my favorite airline.

What do you do with the $300?

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
I bought some miles in 2017 and got the credit.  But i had a problem using the miles and asked for a refund.  Didn’t get the refund so filed a dispute, chase credited my account.  But then I got the refund.  Oops, let chase know and they rebilled the charge in 2018.  Got the credit again.  Not on purpose but definitely sweet

Roots&Wings

• Handlebar Stache
This year I did $300 hotels.com gift card (which hotels.com told me would merchant code as a travel purchase, but actually didn't). Chase very kindly still applied the credit it after I called. Last year it was airfare and Viator tours.

Check this first in case what you're planning won't work (like hotels.com gift card and certain airline gift cards): https://www.doctorofcredit.com/300-chase-sapphire-reserve-travel-credit-work-triggers/

herotomo69

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I do not think this is very creative but I received $300 off a Walt Disney World park ticket. Going anyway so that helped.

scissorbill

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
We are not big travelers.  I loaded our car EZPASS accounts.  It's been 16 months and they are both still carrying a positive balance. 

lexde

• Magnum Stache
We are not big travelers.  I loaded our car EZPASS accounts.  It's been 16 months and they are both still carrying a positive balance.
This is a clever idea!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!