Author Topic: What's your job title and how much do you earn?  (Read 348355 times)

beastykato

• Stubble
Re: What's your job title and how much do you earn?
« Reply #450 on: August 15, 2016, 08:51:08 AM »
Title: Pharmaceutical Fluid Bed Operator

What does this mean? I'm imagining a water bed with a bunch of prescription bottles thrown on it, but that's probably not right.

It's actually air, although there is usually solution involved with the drug either dissolved in it (aqueous, alcohol, and acetone based)or already present in the powder itself. 

"Fluid" just comes from the fact that the air in the chamber keeps the powder or beads we are coating with the drug suspended in the air in a fluid manner, so that they get coated as evenly as possible with the drug solutions.

They do the same process in many different fields.  For example, cereal plants also use fluid beds to put sugar-based coatings on their products

BCBiker

• Stubble
    • Business Casual Biker - Health, Wealth, and Mental Stealth BTYB Bicycle Commuting
« Reply #451 on: August 15, 2016, 08:55:18 AM »
Fortunately, the end game salary more than makes up for the years of poor pay and what some would consider being overworked during residency.   The trick is realizing one is not rich when you are 32 years old with $300K education debt and minimal retirement savings. This is where most fail. :)

I don't want to burst your bubble. I really don't.

So I won't and will just say, I hope you make more than $225k and work a normal workweek when you graduate into your non-residency!

Pathology is much more a standard work week than say a surgeon, although occasional call is part of the bargain.  Believe me I know that medicine is not a lifestyle profession in any sense of the word. I hope that I continue to find the work gratifying in whatever situation I find myself in.  If I wanted a truly 9-5 kind of job it would probably be available (and pay more) but part of the draw of being a physician is to directly have an influence in patients' lives.  For me Mustachianism is a way to create freedom from money so that it does not matter what I am paid, I will be able to do something that is gratifying. I also want to be able to quit the moment that it is no longer worth it to me.

I feel sorry for people spending 20 nights per month in the hospital and not seeing their children grow up because they need the 9k sq ft house, boat, BMW SUV, etc.  That is when medicine will make one want to shoot oneself and they not uncommonly do --->> https://afsp.org/our-work/education/physician-medical-student-depression-suicide-prevention/

whywhy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #452 on: August 15, 2016, 10:17:12 PM »
Title: IT architect @45 yrs
salary $160K with bonus. employer 10% match to 401K
wifey about the same....

savings sucked compared to pay...usual sins of keeping up with joneses and horrible money management. IF we keep our jobs, looking @55 to RE with kids educated/married/out.

It will take a mindset shift but with frugal life...but I can FI next year.

Simpli-Fi

• Bristles
« Reply #453 on: August 16, 2016, 03:00:48 PM »
Good luck brother and welcome, better late than never!

retiringearly

• Bristles
« Reply #454 on: August 16, 2016, 06:37:10 PM »
Title:  Vice President of Finance
Experience: 25 years
Education: Undergrad in Finance + MBA
Base Salary: $160K
Car Allowance: $8.4K
Target Bonus: $40K (it can be more or less than $40K based on company performance)

Added - I am at the office 40 hours per week, but I only put in about 7 hours of actual work per week.  That is not  a joke.

What do you do during the other 33 hours?
I 1) am on the internet messing around, 2) going to a park for a walk for exercise when it is not too hot out, or 3) running errands (going to Walgreens, Costco, Walmart, etc).    Not kidding.

retiringearly

• Bristles
« Reply #455 on: August 16, 2016, 06:42:14 PM »
Title:  Vice President of Finance
Experience: 25 years
Education: Undergrad in Finance + MBA
Base Salary: $160K
Car Allowance: $8.4K
Target Bonus: $40K (it can be more or less than $40K based on company performance)

Ballpark of annual revenue of the company?  I am assuming less than 500M annual at the above comp for VP finance.  Is there a CFO as well or are you as high as it gets on the Finance side?

Awesome work life balance though, you hit the jackpot there :)
You are good.  $100 million in sales (but we are really, really, really profitable).  We are owned by another company, the CFO of that company is the only person with the CFO title.  The people in charge of finance for the companies at my level have the title VP of Finance.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 06:45:47 PM by retiringearly »

Livingthedream55

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #456 on: August 25, 2016, 02:13:37 PM »
Program Coordinator $87,000   (U.S.)

Kyrie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #457 on: August 28, 2016, 05:00:46 PM »
Table Games Dealer, 23 years old, 55k

blackjack

• Stubble
« Reply #458 on: August 28, 2016, 07:12:09 PM »
Job Title: UPS Driver
Salary: $96,000.00 + ( benefits, pension)
Years’ experience: 4 years
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 07:23:05 PM by blackjack »

startingsmall

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #459 on: August 29, 2016, 07:25:56 AM »
I feel sorry for people spending 20 nights per month in the hospital and not seeing their children grow up because they need the 9k sq ft house, boat, BMW SUV, etc.  That is when medicine will make one want to shoot oneself and they not uncommonly do --->> https://afsp.org/our-work/education/physician-medical-student-depression-suicide-prevention/

At least you guys are only half as likely to kill yourselves as the veterinarians ;)

And, to that end, here's my recent update:

Title: Associate Veterinarian
Experience: 10 yrs
Education: DVM
Salary: $80,500  (down from $92,000 three months ago)
401k match: 3%
Vacation: 20 days
Work Hours/Week: 30-32 hrs/wk (down from 38-40 hrs/wk three months ago)
Current city: LCOL area in the South

Yep, I took a pay cut in exchange for an hours cut. Best decision that I've ever made.... I no longer hate work as much, still get benefits, AND have more time for my side gig (which pays significantly more per hour than my veterinary work). Life has been immeasurably better for the last few months.

Title: Freelance Veterinary/Medical Writer
Experience: 1 yr
Education: DVM
Salary: $15k since Aug 2015. Hoping to hit a 2016 income of $25k, but we'll see.
401k match: none
Vacation: as much as I want, unpaid
Work Hours/Week: 0-15 hrs/wk

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #460 on: August 29, 2016, 08:14:36 AM »

thats incredible.  i'm 6 years out of college as an engineer and barely pull in more.  should have taken this path it looks like.  How many hours do you work to make that 96k?

Gronnie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #461 on: August 29, 2016, 11:01:31 AM »

thats incredible.  i'm 6 years out of college as an engineer and barely pull in more.  should have taken this path it looks like.  How many hours do you work to make that 96k?

This. I am an engineer and making about 5k less than this 2 years out of school.

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #462 on: August 29, 2016, 11:13:01 AM »
don't forget to compare your salary based on your SF salary.

blackjack could be located there, in which case your "only $5k less" in a perhaps lower cost of living area could end up being 2x what blackjack makes there.

ayaparis

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #463 on: August 29, 2016, 06:38:37 PM »
Got a 77% increase this year. 30 yo, 6 years software engineer @ $85,000 (SF: $150,147).

blackjack

• Stubble
« Reply #464 on: August 29, 2016, 07:21:56 PM »

It ranges from 45-50hours per week and usually 55hours during holiday season.

My SF salary would be $167000; Which doesn't really mean much because UPS drivers get paid the same everywhere.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 07:56:32 PM by blackjack »

ptenn

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #465 on: August 30, 2016, 04:27:38 AM »
Job: Manager of a team of anti-money laundering/anti-terrorist financing analysts/investigators at a large Canadian bank
Experience: 5 years in the industry
Education: Bachelor of criminology
Salary: Slightly over $90k (CAD), plus 3% employer stock contributions, plus an annual performance-based bonus (usually around $15k at my level), plus the usual suite of dental, drugs, and extended healthcare coverage.

PFHC

• Pencil Stache
  • Busy doing.
« Reply #466 on: August 30, 2016, 05:00:57 AM »
Currently;
Marine Engineer
$135-$212k depending on location, 6% 401k match, 5% pension, and work half the year, but GONE half the year.
Either none or 4 years at a maritime academy like I did

Soon to be:
Product Manager for a wind turbine
$135k + 15% bonus

I live in the US.

Villanelle

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #467 on: August 30, 2016, 05:19:43 AM »
Title: English teacher (lessons, not in a school environment)
Salary: between $30 and $50/hour, not including prep time, which is minimal
Education: Bachelor of English, though it isn't required
Experience: None when I started, and I was making the same amount

I'm in the greater, greater Tokyo area, so it's pretty expensive, but I think may pay is pretty much amazing regardless.

In most of my classes, I literally just sit and chat with people, and then they pay me.  Last week, I was talking about wanting a dog, and I mentioned I want one that doesn't shed. They didn't know the word, so I wrote it on the board and explained what it meant, then let them know that as a noun is also refers to a small outbuilding. That's pretty much how classes work.  Just talking and teaching as things come up.  There are definitely lower paying classes, but I don't usually take them.  I also prefer the adult classes because they require less work than the kids classes and are more fun for me. 

Commute time can suck.  I only take the "closer" classes, but 10 miles can easily take 45-60 minutes.  I have no paid time off, but it's pretty easy to skip an occasional class and get a sub.  It does take a while to build a stable of classes.  Last time I moved to Japan, it took about a year to get up to about 15 hours of class, and that's about where I stopped, but I could easily have worked more if I'd been willing to sell more of me time.  (I refused to work Friday afternoons or weekends, for example.) I do have the advantage of being here due to my husband's military service, which allows me to actually be here, and happens to be an environment where there are many teachers and they leave every 2-3 years and typically name their own replacements.

liberate_life

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • liberate.life
« Reply #468 on: August 30, 2016, 05:39:24 AM »
Profession: Freelance embedded firmware engineer (I also do some higher level stuff like Python)

Pay: I usually get paid an hourly or day rate. The current range is around £50 to £65 per hour.

Education: Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Computer Engineering

Experience: 5 years in my current industry. Over 10 years in technology/programming.

I live in the UK and am currently only doing work for clients in this country. I work about 40% of full-time (by design) and have decided to stick to this working pattern rather than shooting for full FI in 10 years.

EconDiva

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #469 on: August 30, 2016, 12:40:45 PM »
270k dentist who also manages a large office.

Thank you for sharing. 

This is the first forum I've been in with a salary related thread where I can ever recall a dentist actually posting.

EconDiva

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #470 on: August 30, 2016, 12:48:07 PM »
Job Title: Clinical Research Manager
Salary: $105,000 + yearly bonus
Experience: 8 years in various clinical research roles

Are you with a sponsor or CRO?

RetirementDreaming

• Stubble
« Reply #471 on: August 30, 2016, 03:06:27 PM »
Title: Business Analyst
Salary: $110K, including bonus (average for my group ~$130K) 
Experience: 10 years
Education: Bachelor of Science in Business Admin

MVal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #472 on: September 08, 2016, 10:53:03 AM »
Title: English teacher (lessons, not in a school environment)
Salary: between $30 and $50/hour, not including prep time, which is minimal
Education: Bachelor of English, though it isn't required
Experience: None when I started, and I was making the same amount

I'm in the greater, greater Tokyo area, so it's pretty expensive, but I think may pay is pretty much amazing regardless.

In most of my classes, I literally just sit and chat with people, and then they pay me.  Last week, I was talking about wanting a dog, and I mentioned I want one that doesn't shed. They didn't know the word, so I wrote it on the board and explained what it meant, then let them know that as a noun is also refers to a small outbuilding. That's pretty much how classes work.  Just talking and teaching as things come up.  There are definitely lower paying classes, but I don't usually take them.  I also prefer the adult classes because they require less work than the kids classes and are more fun for me. 

Commute time can suck.  I only take the "closer" classes, but 10 miles can easily take 45-60 minutes.  I have no paid time off, but it's pretty easy to skip an occasional class and get a sub.  It does take a while to build a stable of classes.  Last time I moved to Japan, it took about a year to get up to about 15 hours of class, and that's about where I stopped, but I could easily have worked more if I'd been willing to sell more of me time.  (I refused to work Friday afternoons or weekends, for example.) I do have the advantage of being here due to my husband's military service, which allows me to actually be here, and happens to be an environment where there are many teachers and they leave every 2-3 years and typically name their own replacements.

Wow, that's great. I've toyed with the idea of one day teaching English in Korea. I think the cost of living there might be cheaper, but not sure how the pay compares.

Northwestie

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #473 on: September 08, 2016, 10:56:34 AM »
Seems an interesting way to generate some income if you are retired and want to stay put in a place for a bit.  Cheers.

Pooperman

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #474 on: September 09, 2016, 06:02:39 AM »
Title: Salesforce Administrator
Salary: $82k + 10% bonus
Experience: 3 years
Education: BS Engineering Physics

LMBB

• Stubble
« Reply #475 on: September 11, 2016, 10:28:49 PM »
Long time lurker, first time poster! Woo!

Title: Research Assistant Professor
Salary: 105K + 14% guaranteed contribution to 403b + med. ins.
Experience: 4 years post-fellowship
Education: BS, PhD, +2 year research fellowship

I also got a 36K educational loan repayment grant as part of my start-up package, and 15K in moving expenses (moved cross country)

Primm

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #476 on: September 12, 2016, 03:14:30 AM »
Registered Nurse.

$96k, working 3x 12 hour shifts a week (includes penalties but no overtime).

30 years experience (!!!) but this pay rate is for anything over 8 years.

3 year Bachelor degree.

pancakes

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #477 on: September 12, 2016, 04:11:08 AM »
Title: Team Leader (in a showroom)
Experience: 3 years
Education: 3 year bachelors degree
Salary: AU$72k inc super + a couple of hundred in bonuses typically
Vacation: 20 days
Personal leave (sick, grief, caring for sick family): 10 days (rolls over if unused) 
Work Hours/Week: 40 hours

I am also a qualified teacher which is a job where I would earn more but this job is reasonable pay for the very low stress environment and absolutely no unpaid overtime.

londonbanker

• Bristles
« Reply #478 on: September 15, 2016, 03:21:51 PM »
Title - VP in commercial/trading function at a major retailer
Comp - £325k average of the past 3 years.. Whatever that is in $ right this minute. Thats base, bonus, exec comp, stocks. Thats in London, so assuming its fairly similar to SF COL
Experience - 12years
Age - mid 30s

I started my career in finance and transitioned to retail 5 years ago. Fantastic job. Low stress despite leading a team of ~150 ppl in a trading function. Hours could be 9-5/6, but i probably put in 8-6 as i really love what I do. Company culture is great and focused on team and personal development.

Partner
Title - Risk management in top tech company
Comp - £110k thats all in too for a ridiculously good worklife balance... Got to love tech companies
Experience - 8years
Age - low 30s

We want to retire early and save about 60-65% of our total comp on average.

Slyder22

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #479 on: September 29, 2016, 09:03:39 PM »
Sgt in law enforcement 85k + 30k in security part time. Work 50-70 hours a week. 10 years exp.
401k + 457
Pension match we contribute 7 1/2% they match 28 1/2%
Medical/vision/dental and life.
Debt free as of last year.
Bs in accounting
Mba

stein79

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #480 on: September 30, 2016, 08:40:34 AM »
Position: Business Development/Sales
Industrial Hardware Products - technology
Experience: 6 years as a salesman, 1 year in current field
4 year business degree (scholarship athlete)
Salary: $62K plus 6% commission of gross profit of sale (Expect FY 2016 to gross $65-70K and 2017 to gross $70-80K)  Products require extremely long sales cycles.
Benefits and 401K with 4% match, small company so lots of flexibility with hours, 3 weeks of vacation.

I love working with people, I like our products and the company but the up and down life of sales does get frustrating and depressing.  However, I do enjoy the concept of: if I want to earn more, I can do it by working harder/longer than others - theoretically speaking!

Only debt is 25 years left on starter house mortgage.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
  • I'm just happy to be here. \m/ ^_^ \m/
    • Pinhook Development LLC
« Reply #481 on: October 05, 2016, 10:16:51 AM »
Woo, December raise added $2K+ to my total.... almost $82K now on the base job, and a whopping 1% raise on #2... lulz
Another raise that I didn't even see coming! Now $84k.

erinw

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #482 on: October 06, 2016, 11:29:47 AM »
Title: Admin Assistant
Experience: 2 years
Salary: $42k
Education: BA, studied international studies and art history

Basically I don't know what I want to do with my life, had a hard time finding a job after graduation, and freaked out and accepted the first job I was offered because rent in this HCOL area doesn't care if you're unemployed or not and my paltry savings were reaching a dangerously low level. Two years on I've moved to a less crappy admin job at a much better company, but I'm still facing the non-profit trade-off of great benefits, not so great pay, as well as the fact that I'm very over the admin thing and want to actually DO something. So my first priority is to cut down unnecessary spending/ramp up the savings rate and from there figure out how to make more money and/or not be so damn bored at work.

spoonchucker

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #483 on: November 04, 2016, 04:21:09 AM »
Title: Aerospace Engineer
Salary: 78k€
Experience: 22 years
Education: 4 year bachelors degree

35hr working week, 6 weeks paid annual leave, never work weekends/late, can start/finish when I want, time bank for overtime, low/no oversight by management.

spicykissa

• Stubble
« Reply #484 on: November 04, 2016, 05:19:35 AM »
Title: Clinical Nurse II (that is, not a new grad, but no admin responsibilities)
Salary: ~$75,000 with shift differential & some (always voluntary, @ time-and-a-half pay) overtime
Experience: 2 years
Education: unused BS in Biology (4 years), BS in Nursing (another 13 months)

I LOVE my job. When I'm home, I'm 100% home. I work nights, self-scheduled 3 days/week, so bullshit is an minimum, and I can really take time to care for my critically ill patients. It's amazing to work with my hands, and my brain, and see people come back from mostly dead. My clothes are always comfortable and my co-workers are amazing, funny, caring people for the most part.

It has downsides, of course. There's lots of bodily fluids involved. People die on a semi-regular basis. And I sometimes don't have time to eat or pee in a 13+ hour shift. But really, it's pretty much awesome.

Spouse:
Title: Engineer 7b-PYT (I kid, but it really is something ridiculous like this, as the company has tons of levels)
Salary: $113,000 + bonus ($10k or so?)
Experience: 6 years
Education: BS in Physics (4 years), plus some specific industry certs earned along the way

Sockigal

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #485 on: November 20, 2016, 02:02:54 PM »
Midwife with 9 years experience
age 36
~100K +benefits
4 year university degree

Just started part time in January (= 3.5 days a week) for about 60K/year since the hours and stress are such that I just wanted to kill myself. Still want to quit but think I can last a few years doing this before I throw in the towel altogether. Everyone romanticizes this job, but it isn't an easy one... that's why they have to pay me to do it!!

What is your university degree? How do you start in this profession?

mlejw6

• Stubble
« Reply #486 on: November 20, 2016, 04:31:26 PM »
Title: GIS Analyst
Salary: 70k
Experience: 2.5 years
Education: MS in Geodesy (look it up). Need to have MS in Geography, Math, CS, or related field + little experience (mine was my thesis, essentially). Some here are hired with a BS and a few years related experience.

Most of my work is just data processing; I don't actually do much analyzing. I'd like to do more.

I got a new job and a raise! Same employer, same division.

Title: Systems Engineer
Salary: 80k
Experience: 3.5 years

veloman

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #487 on: November 20, 2016, 10:37:33 PM »
Updating: I'm self employed running my own lawn maintenance business. (It's an unconventional business model). I only work about 25 hours a week, and the season is winding down. Around $40/hr. Need to look into some off season work.

Johnez

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #488 on: November 20, 2016, 11:58:35 PM »
Warehouse picker/loader
~$65k annually, $26 an hour
2 years experience
Education: HS diploma

Love this job. About to transfer to a union facility for an opportunity in refrigeration. We'll see how that goes.

littlelykke

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #489 on: November 21, 2016, 03:43:36 AM »
Job: High School Teacher
Experience: This is my 2nd year of teaching

Degree: 4 year Bachelor

Income: 25.200 euro, after taxes. I work 3,5 day per week.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #490 on: November 21, 2016, 09:51:23 AM »
Warehouse picker/loader
2 years experience

Love this job. About to transfer to a union facility for an opportunity in refrigeration. We'll see how that goes.

Do you work more than full time then? $26/hr is less than $65K/yr unless I'm missing something with bonuses or total hours or something.

Enigma

• Bristles
« Reply #491 on: November 21, 2016, 02:20:50 PM »
Title:  Information Assurance Engineer IV
Salary:  132k in HCOL area
Experience: About 9 years
Education: BS Math/Stats, MS IT Security/Assurance, 15 computer certifications

I am currently bored with my employer.  In the past however I have stayed busy.  Not enjoying it and may look at a cut in pay for less time being bored.

Malum Prohibitum

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #492 on: November 21, 2016, 03:07:06 PM »

I am currently bored with my employer.  In the past however I have stayed busy.  Not enjoying it and may look at a cut in pay for less time being bored.

Why not diligently search for an increase in pay for less time being bored?

Icecreamarsenal

• Pencil Stache
  • Burnt
« Reply #493 on: November 21, 2016, 03:26:55 PM »
Doctor.
Plenty.

This is probably the most fascinating thread on this entire forum.  It's too bad that most physicians are secretive about their incomes (although you have every right to be).  I've realized that, if employed by a company, the contracts are incredibly amenable to negotiation with regards to vacation time and salary.  Differences in salary to the tune of 6 digits, and plus or minus 2 weeks vacation.  Sharing info between physicians is difficult because everyone is king in the castle, it's like herding cats.  I suppose that's what the medical student forums are for, but even then I remember it all being very hush hush.  It's a shame because then only the administrators win; ah well.

marion10

• Bristles
« Reply #494 on: November 21, 2016, 03:29:24 PM »
Federal HR Manager
34 years
$131,357- I supervise a staff of 8. I am also at a headquarters agency and responsible for a lot of policy
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 09:47:06 AM by marion10 »

Roboturner

• Pencil Stache
  • No Snacks, Just Math
« Reply #495 on: November 21, 2016, 03:33:44 PM »
It's a shame because then only the administrators win; ah well.

100% agree, I ended up asking for $15k more than I was planning too by asking others in my company what they made. The whole thing seems very 50's to me, "Never ask someone what they make" why? HR has the information advantage, even it out!

Enigma

• Bristles
« Reply #496 on: November 22, 2016, 04:40:28 AM »

I tried to quit a couple of times and my employer begged me to stay citing I was too pivotal in countless areas.  I guess to answer your question - complacency.....  Not a very good answer but truthful.

Torran

• Bristles
« Reply #497 on: November 22, 2016, 05:17:14 AM »
Fantastic, thanks for all the replies!

What I’ve learnt:

1.   Salaries in the US seem higher than in the UK

Yes, and in return we have very little social safety net, many fewer protections, and less vacation. If all factors are considered, there isn't as much difference as it might appear.

Glad this was mentioned. I'm in the UK and I always think US salaries seem soooo much higher. But good point on the compensatory factors in the UK (i.e, the NHS, holidays etc).

My two cents:

Senior Sales Consultant (glorified sales/admin job. I am senior to a very small team and have about 10 layers of management who are senior to me)
£22,000 a year.

Johnez

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #498 on: November 22, 2016, 05:26:56 AM »
Warehouse picker/loader
2 years experience

Do you work more than full time then? $26/hr is less than $65K/yr unless I'm missing something with bonuses or total hours or something.

Overtime.  Between 5-25 hours a week, though some weeks/months we are very limited. There are guys in LA pulling 6 figures. Benefits package is impressive, but I've not figured out a total compensation number yet.

Malum Prohibitum

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #499 on: November 22, 2016, 07:39:02 AM »

I tried to quit a couple of times and my employer begged me to stay citing I was too pivotal in countless areas.  I guess to answer your question - complacency.....  Not a very good answer but truthful.
  I do not understand.  You are not too complacent about taking a cut in pay for less time being bored.  It seems like a good time to take a pay increase for less time being bored.  Look around.  You can probably find a job in your field making more $$$.

And do not quit until you have something else lined up!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!