Author Topic: What's the stupidest thing you're lusting after right now?  (Read 1288217 times)

Jaguar Paw

• Stubble
Re: What's the stupidest thing you're lusting after right now?
« Reply #900 on: June 11, 2017, 07:49:32 AM »
I bought green coffee beans from a Gesha plant that cost $100 per pound. It came out to around 7 bucks per cup of coffee made at home, but it tasted good.

rantk81

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #901 on: June 12, 2017, 08:27:33 AM »
New 10.5" 256GB iPad coming out this week.

I will probably order one, as the one I have right now was purchased early on in 2012 and is running very slowly these days...

Completely unnecessary since the one I have still "works".... and it's not an essential item anyway.

BrandNewPapa

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #902 on: June 12, 2017, 09:01:13 AM »

I Second that.

Really wish I could come up with a way to justify it to myself....but I already drive a Volt and it covers 90+% of my driving in electric.

StartingEarly

• Bristles
« Reply #903 on: June 15, 2017, 10:31:38 AM »
Sig Sauer 1911 ultra, I already have a carry gun but this is a 45acp instead of 9mm and it's thinner and handles better than the Glock 19. It is kinda pricey but it's setup how I want with a nice wooden crimson trace, 7 mags and 5 holsters for $900 asking price. Never pay asking price lol. I think I am meant to get it since it's only 20 miles away and on the way for the reloading press I want for my ammunition business going into the future.

Much Fishing to Do

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #904 on: June 15, 2017, 10:45:16 AM »
I constantly lust over having a huge house with a nice big yard and a beautiful pool and patio.... sigh....

I would like a big yard as well for the kid to run around. But then the thoughts of me mowing a big yard kinda makes me thankful that I have small back yard haha
I have a huge yard....and one of the main reasons I need to early retire is so I have time to mow it ;-)

EnjoyIt

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #905 on: June 15, 2017, 11:39:56 AM »
Sig Sauer 1911 ultra, I already have a carry gun but this is a 45acp instead of 9mm and it's thinner and handles better than the Glock 19. It is kinda pricey but it's setup how I want with a nice wooden crimson trace, 7 mags and 5 holsters for $900 asking price. Never pay asking price lol. I think I am meant to get it since it's only 20 miles away and on the way for the reloading press I want for my ammunition business going into the future.

Nice looking pistol.  Where is the reset on it?  Is it like other sigs?  I am personally a big fan of Glocks because of their reliability and ease of use.  Have you looked at the single stack 9mm glock 43

StartingEarly

• Bristles
« Reply #906 on: June 15, 2017, 12:52:27 PM »
I hate the triggers and the grip angle of glocks plus they don't fit my hand well and I don't trust any gun that doesn't have a real safety. I currently carry my Glock loaded but unchambered. What do you mean by reset? It's a single action pistol, the only reset I can think of is releasing the trigger after a shot before you squeeze it again. Yeah, it's just a baby sig 1911, 3.3 inch barrel and an officer's grip, weighs about 28 or 30 ounces since it's an aluminum frame.

afuera

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #907 on: June 15, 2017, 01:30:16 PM »
A MMM T-shirt.  I have sooo many t-shirts.   But still, I wantttt.

effigy98

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #908 on: June 15, 2017, 05:17:47 PM »
Large Ethereum mine. I want to convert my entire garage to have racks and racks of computers. I am getting so addicted to seeing the numbers increment.

EnjoyIt

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #909 on: June 15, 2017, 09:26:22 PM »
I hate the triggers and the grip angle of glocks plus they don't fit my hand well and I don't trust any gun that doesn't have a real safety. I currently carry my Glock loaded but unchambered. What do you mean by reset? It's a single action pistol, the only reset I can think of is releasing the trigger after a shot before you squeeze it again. Yeah, it's just a baby sig 1911, 3.3 inch barrel and an officer's grip, weighs about 28 or 30 ounces since it's an aluminum frame.

The reset is the distance from pulling the trigger and then when you slowly release how much distance do you have to release before it resets and can be fired again.  I assume since it is a 1911 the reset is very short.  My first concealed carry had a reset that was the full length of the trigger.  It was horrible requiring to much effort for a double tap then one to the head.  I much prefer a shorter reset like on a 1911 or my glock.

Lan Mandragoran

• Bristles
« Reply #910 on: June 16, 2017, 11:53:03 AM »
https://www.amazon.com/Boosted-BPN-101112-Dual-Electric-Skateboard/dp/B071ZJGT2W/ref=dp_ob_title_def

if any of you watch casey neistat you will understand my great desire ^^.

Obviously a Model 3.

Also a 2k budget to build a gaming pc ^_^.

Ok Christmas list made :D.

Clean Shaven

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #911 on: June 16, 2017, 12:29:00 PM »
I keep looking at new cars (actually trucks or SUVs), though I have a perfectly nice, completely paid for, AWD luxury car, with like 34K miles on it.

The ridiculous price of new cars is what's keeping me from doing anything about it.  The front runner choices for me are around $35-40K, which just seems stupid.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #912 on: June 18, 2017, 02:02:26 AM »
Wild mushrooms!

People in other areas are finding really interesting mushrooms. I have been on 2 trips this weekend and found 1 mushroom. Frustrating.

Bateaux

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #913 on: June 18, 2017, 04:00:15 AM »
Lagoon 440 Catamaran.   Sell all worldly goods and move aboard.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #914 on: June 18, 2017, 06:40:04 AM »
Rental house with fenced yard so I can visit my husband on weekends/ go and live with him next summer - I can't walk our large dogs with my messed up back, and he'll likely be in the lab too many hours, so without the yard, the dogs can't go there. Unless we find a unicorn, we can't afford the rental house, or at least we probably shouldn't.

SomatoseVisions

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #915 on: June 18, 2017, 11:17:55 AM »
Tom Bihn Aeronaut 45 bag. I've wanted this bag for a year now and am so tempted to use my upcoming trip to Italy as an excuse to purchase it. I already have a functioning carry-on (it's roller bag though) and after 10 years of use it's finally starting to show signs of wear. It'll probably last me at least three more years, no need to replace it until then but that Tom Bihn bag looks so functional!

cookielover

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #916 on: June 18, 2017, 01:55:34 PM »
We have been lusting after a new Airstream Sport 22 for long time, even after we bought our beautiful RV last year. 

Al1961

• Stubble
  • Dad of a husky Husky
« Reply #917 on: June 18, 2017, 03:30:04 PM »
The house with this view of Baynes Sound and Denman Island. Just $595k

Actually went and looked at this place. They must have had an excellent photographer, because the place was nowhere near as nice as the pictures suggested. Like many other places we looked at.

We take possession of our permanent retirement home on Friday. Just over half an acre, just over 1800 ft^2 split level house in Courtenay with all services, so no old wells or septic systems to worry about.

We won't have that view, but much nicer house for considerably less. I"m happy.

sequoia

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #918 on: June 20, 2017, 10:24:55 PM »
Tom Bihn Aeronaut 45 bag. I've wanted this bag for a year now and am so tempted to use my upcoming trip to Italy as an excuse to purchase it. I already have a functioning carry-on (it's roller bag though) and after 10 years of use it's finally starting to show signs of wear. It'll probably last me at least three more years, no need to replace it until then but that Tom Bihn bag looks so functional!

I have to google it... very nice bag, and now I am lusting for this! You are not a good influence LOL

jms493

• Stubble
« Reply #919 on: June 21, 2017, 08:06:54 AM »

Dream Car....I think about it daily.  I can shake this bug...its been years.  Next year I will be in position to buy one with cash.  I probably wont have the balls to pull the trigger.

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #920 on: June 21, 2017, 12:33:39 PM »
A dash piece that is broken on my car. It's $60 on eBay. No luck at the local pull-a-part so I've been waiting for a parts car to show up. The back of my cluster is exposed and it's getting annoying. Blah.
Do you have the broken part?  Because if you do, and if it's just the cover of the back of your cluster... I'd try making a mold of it, 'clean' out the brokenness from the mold and then mold a new one with thermomorph or any of the other moldable plastics.  There are hundreds of videos online showing how to do it.

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #921 on: June 21, 2017, 12:48:06 PM »
BMW S1000XR. Sigh. Anyone have one?
I looked at one today, while I was having a Shenko tire mounted for my VStar.
It's to tall for me (like most bikes).   The S1000R is more my style anyway.
But..  the Triumph Street Twin is OH SO 'JUST MY SIZE'!!!  And the Street Triple 765R seems VERY NICE. The dealer spent 15-20 minutes showing me many of the things the TFT display can do. 
If I knew how long it ended up taking for the service dept. to mount my tire I would have test ridden one of the Triumphs - I've never ridden a 'drive by wire' or slipper clutch bike

JordanOfGilead

• Bristles
« Reply #922 on: June 21, 2017, 01:10:06 PM »
Large Ethereum mine. I want to convert my entire garage to have racks and racks of computers. I am getting so addicted to seeing the numbers increment.

Same. I started looking into mining a couple weeks ago. Turns out I missed the boat by about two years for BTC to be profitable, and from the looks of it I may have even missed the boat on ETH by a few months. With the recent astronomical spike in GPU demand (and as a result, prices), it doesn't even seem like a worthwhile investment to build a decent rig. I think I'm going to hold off on mining until a bubble pops and GPU prices go down again, or just wait for BTC to pop when the impending BTC/BTU hard fork hits and scoop up some BTC then.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #923 on: June 21, 2017, 02:14:09 PM »

Same. I started looking into mining a couple weeks ago. Turns out I missed the boat by about two years for BTC to be profitable, and from the looks of it I may have even missed the boat on ETH by a few months. With the recent astronomical spike in GPU demand (and as a result, prices), it doesn't even seem like a worthwhile investment to build a decent rig. I think I'm going to hold off on mining until a bubble pops and GPU prices go down again, or just wait for BTC to pop when the impending BTC/BTU hard fork hits and scoop up some BTC then.

Yeah, I'm incredibly disappointed that I didn't risk 100 bucks on BTC a long time ago.

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #924 on: June 22, 2017, 09:20:03 AM »
Fancy new commuter backpack. My 7-year-old $15 backpack from Walmart is disintegrating, but I should probably just replace it with another $15 Walmart backpack.

privatevoid

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #925 on: June 22, 2017, 09:26:35 AM »

Financial Ascensionist

• Stubble
« Reply #926 on: June 22, 2017, 10:31:57 AM »
Fancy new commuter backpack. My 7-year-old $15 backpack from Walmart is disintegrating, but I should probably just replace it with another $15 Walmart backpack.

I felt a little bit silly and excessive spending almost $200 on my Mission Workshop messenger bag, but it's probably the best investment that I ever made to improve my biking.  It's very waterproof, which means that I would no longer have any excuses for not biking in the rain, and it can haul a lot of cargo very comfortably with that extra wide shoulder strap, making grocery shopping by bike more viable than ever.  If you are going to be using it daily, buying a very functional bag is probably a smart move.

ol1970

• Stubble
« Reply #927 on: June 29, 2017, 06:17:40 AM »
www.liftfoils.com

as an avid surfer/wakeboarder this is the next step...I actually thought it was fake at first.

Al1961

• Stubble
  • Dad of a husky Husky
« Reply #928 on: June 29, 2017, 08:13:29 AM »
www.liftfoils.com

as an avid surfer/wakeboarder this is the next step...I actually thought it was fake at first.

That is pretty cool.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #929 on: June 29, 2017, 08:16:36 AM »
I lusted, I waited... I bought.

JordanOfGilead

• Bristles
« Reply #930 on: June 29, 2017, 12:59:44 PM »

I felt a little bit silly and excessive spending almost $200 on my Mission Workshop messenger bag, but it's probably the best investment that I ever made to improve my biking.  It's very waterproof, which means that I would no longer have any excuses for not biking in the rain, and it can haul a lot of cargo very comfortably with that extra wide shoulder strap, making grocery shopping by bike more viable than ever.  If you are going to be using it daily, buying a very functional bag is probably a smart move.
My backpack that was issued to me when I started my job two years ago just fell apart on me when I was traveling last week. I got approval to expense a replacement and was fortunate enough to find a black Sandpiper of California (S.O.C.) bag for less than $60.

I am typically pretty rough on my gear. I went through no fewer than 7 bookbags in highschool. I got a sandpiper in college and it lasted the final three years of engineering school and came out the other end looking as new as the day I bought it. I'll never use another brand if I can avoid it.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #931 on: July 02, 2017, 12:37:00 PM »
I opened my Kindle today to download my free Samsung book deal for July. But Kindle reminded me of a book that I have on my wishlist. I was in the mood for reading it and paid 15 usd for it. Quite expensive for an ebook. I ordered one more for 2 dollars. And I ordered two movies that I would like to see. Extravagant spending on my part. Luckily I don't do this so often anymore.

sea

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #932 on: July 02, 2017, 03:03:29 PM »

It's not going to happen because the model I want is $800 + shipping, but does make me wish I knew more about woodworking!

BuffaloStache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #933 on: July 06, 2017, 08:25:09 AM »
^I have some friends who are getting into woodworking. They have watched a bunch of YouTube videos and checked some books out from the library and are going to give it a go...

I'm currently lusting after a standing desk, which I suppose you could make out of wood...

marielle

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #934 on: July 06, 2017, 09:44:57 AM »
A metal detector. Especially since I may be going to the beach in a couple weeks...

skeeder

• Stubble
« Reply #935 on: July 06, 2017, 10:20:13 AM »
BMW M3

4 door, blue, 6 speed stick.

TravelJunkyQC

• Bristles
« Reply #936 on: July 06, 2017, 11:42:26 AM »
The 60 acres of land we went to visit with our realtor yesterday....

M2 pilot

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #937 on: July 06, 2017, 07:31:53 PM »
To Skeeder-  Do it. But drive one with a DCT before you settle on a manual.  Investigate Euro Delivery. 

sparkytheop

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #938 on: July 06, 2017, 07:37:21 PM »
A long-arm quilter.  I found a mid-arm that is reasonably priced, with a frame, on craigslist, but they haven't called me back yet!

Also, a beetle.  Dumb, but I want one, and there is one nearby being sold for $1800, well below kbb.  It's close enough that I just might send a text/email tomorrow...  I can use "son needs to learn to drive a manual anyway" as an excuse, right?

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #939 on: July 07, 2017, 07:23:39 AM »
An electric moped/scooter.  I even want to convince the fiancee to get on board for "city" trips of less than 3 miles and ditch one of our cars.  I can almost talk myself into it, but haven't gotten into all the details.  It's also not necessary since we both bike or walk to downtown anyway.

rothwem

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #940 on: July 07, 2017, 01:53:51 PM »
To Skeeder-  Do it. But drive one with a DCT before you settle on a manual.  Investigate Euro Delivery.

Gah, I can't believe you'd even suggest such sacrilege!  BMWs are meant to have three pedals! 

My latest automotive obsession is a Chevy SS--400 hp SBC V8, available 6MT.  Luckily its more than I would've paid even before I discovered Mustachianism so I'm safe from the temptation of trying to "stretch" to get it.  Now a high mile E90 M3...that's dangerous territory right there.  Mid $20,000s makes me start doing the pre-mustachian rationalization dance, "well, that's about what a Camry would cost..." :D

coconutindex

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #941 on: July 07, 2017, 02:45:27 PM »
Mini Countryman Hybrid. Impractical and way pricier than our current car, but how I covet its shiny, ingenious ways!

shawndoggy

• Bristles
« Reply #942 on: July 07, 2017, 02:51:30 PM »
electric skateboard.

Its really the fact that there are too many choices and no clear market winner that have kept me from pulling the trigger.

FrenchStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Planning to FIRE in 2030!
« Reply #943 on: July 08, 2017, 07:33:24 AM »
Drones!  Freaking Drones man!  They look like a lot of fun.  I need to stop watching youtube reviews.

sequoia

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #944 on: July 08, 2017, 08:04:15 AM »
2018 Toyota Supra. I have always been a fan of Supra since high school. It is one of those thing that I dream of owning. Going to be hard to resist now that I actually can afford it when it goes on sale.

250kto1million

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Surprise Golden Shower
    • My MMM Journal: Smut Will Set Me Free!
« Reply #945 on: July 08, 2017, 06:22:14 PM »
One of these Areaware piggy banks. They were all the rage on those interior decor blogs I used to obsess over. I've since quit that nonsense...except I can't get the desire for one of these things out of my head! Not the gold plated ones, but the black (cheapest) one. It would be a great place to store loose change...or so I tell myself. :/

https://www.google.com/search?q=areaware+pig&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjH-Iro9vrUAhVJFz4KHdfSDdoQ_AUICygC&biw=1277&bih=631

palerider1858

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #946 on: July 08, 2017, 07:51:55 PM »
House cleaning service

JordanOfGilead

• Bristles
« Reply #947 on: July 11, 2017, 07:26:41 AM »
BMW M3

4 door, blue, 6 speed stick.
They made one in this really nice dark blue a few years back. Doesn't look like that's a color option any more though :/

slschierer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Life With The Kellers
« Reply #948 on: July 11, 2017, 01:53:14 PM »
The 25 acres that my uncle has for sale.  It's gorgeous land, perfect for building a home and raising children and cattle.  I can buy it, but I could pay off my current home (it's on 6 acres where we have a garden and small herd of cattle) instead.  Decisions, Decisions!  We will have the funds to do either one this spring.  If the land is sold by then, I guess we'll know what to do!

I'd also love to get a Yukon or Tahoe.  I had one a few years ago, but I sold it and purchased a Honda Accord.  The Accord is in great shape and should last for years to come.  It averages 32 mpg, and I drive a lot commuting to work and driving to see family.  I think I'll stick with the Honda.

Fishindude

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #949 on: July 12, 2017, 07:56:43 AM »
The 25 acres that my uncle has for sale.  It's gorgeous land, perfect for building a home and raising children and cattle.  I can buy it, but I could pay off my current home (it's on 6 acres where we have a garden and small herd of cattle) instead.  Decisions, Decisions!  We will have the funds to do either one this spring.  If the land is sold by then, I guess we'll know what to do!

I'd also love to get a Yukon or Tahoe.  I had one a few years ago, but I sold it and purchased a Honda Accord.  The Accord is in great shape and should last for years to come.  It averages 32 mpg, and I drive a lot commuting to work and driving to see family.  I think I'll stick with the Honda.

If you really like that 25 acres, grab it, you won't regret it.
Land doesn't change hands very often, so it's unlikely to be available in your lifetime again.

We've been acquiring land since 1990, and I think it's been one of the smartest things we've done, as well as a pretty decent long term investment.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!