Author Topic: Trying to get out of this destructive lifestyle I'm in  (Read 31763 times)

former player

• Walrus Stache
Re: Trying to get out of this destructive lifestyle I'm in
« Reply #200 on: February 08, 2019, 05:06:44 PM »

Your excuse for OP's spouse is that they have no clue what the household cash flow is and spend regardless?  That seems patronising and sexist in the extreme, particularly given that you were apparently assuming (which I was not) that OP's spouse was female.  And even without the patronage and sexism, the idea that someone could 1) not know what their income is, 2) spend regardless and 3) that those facts were any sort of excuse for a grown adult is fit for the Antimustachian Shame and Comedy thread.

We have no idea what OP's spouse is doing/thinking because OP never told us.  All we know is that she is a SAHM who is thinking of taking a part time job.  So any comments about what she is or should be doing are pure speculation.

We know what OP and spouse together have spent for the last 4 months, and we know from OP that spouse is looking after two small children who spend some of their time in school, is not in paid employment, and (like OP) doesn't cook.

And we have no idea what else is going on in their lives.   Idle speculation gets us nowhere.  Realistically, until (if?) OP comes back, we are all spinning our wheels.

True.  I was just suggesting a possible reason why OP might not be in a position to come back.  As opposed to being, say, a troll.

HBFIRE

• Handlebar Stache