Author Topic: Traveling is just another form of consumerism, possibly the ultimate  (Read 76821 times)

cjshay

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Traveling is just another form of consumerism, possibly the ultimate
« Reply #150 on: April 06, 2016, 07:37:31 PM »
My mustachian experience is small, so take this with a grain of salt (I also didn't have the energy to read the entirety of all the posts).

I agree with a good amount of the sentiment of the first post. It seems to me that MMM speaks of a holistic approach to life, and sometimes the forums focus on the money aspect of that and forget about the rest.

Frequent travelers, in my opinion, forget the microcosm that is their own city and see travel as a way to experience life without pursuing it in their own city. I am completely on board with MMM's neighborhood mentality, that less will be spent and life will be more exciting if you get to know neighbors and experience life locally.

A lot of people on this post have mentioned "am I supposed to just sit around" when you recommend not traveling, but their assumption is that staying in the same city is the same as staying around.

I agree with many that traveling can be good or bad depending on how you do it but I think people often forget how many creative ways MMM has given us to experience local life.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!