Author Topic: Millennial Financial Planners - Are they wanted?  (Read 11020 times)

MrThatsDifferent

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Millennial Financial Planners - Are they wanted?
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2017, 04:20:51 AM »
I think the difficulty of any financial planner, millennial or not, is convincing the average person that any of this FIRE stuff is even possible. Iíve been trying to share what Iíve learned and almost no one is interested, at all. They all could use the info, but most donít believe it or think itís even possible. My mother could be sitting pretty with a pension and SS, but spends every penny, refuses to save and always has problems with bills. My god-kids are in their early 20s, desperately need financial help but refuse to take any of this on.  Saving and not spending is so hard for people. And if you have commercial tv, with all the ads, I get it. You want to be like everyone else and if people make it easy to buy cars, homes and Apple products, why not? Screw the math. I wasnít any different and would never have listened to a financial planner when I had what I thought was too little money. It took a massive fall and then making a lot of money to finally realize I needed a better way. Every message in society is spend, when are people ever told to save?

exige

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2017, 10:39:01 AM »
I think the difficulty of any financial planner, millennial or not, is convincing the average person that any of this FIRE stuff is even possible. Iíve been trying to share what Iíve learned and almost no one is interested, at all. They all could use the info, but most donít believe it or think itís even possible. My mother could be sitting pretty with a pension and SS, but spends every penny, refuses to save and always has problems with bills. My god-kids are in their early 20s, desperately need financial help but refuse to take any of this on.  Saving and not spending is so hard for people. And if you have commercial tv, with all the ads, I get it. You want to be like everyone else and if people make it easy to buy cars, homes and Apple products, why not? Screw the math. I wasnít any different and would never have listened to a financial planner when I had what I thought was too little money. It took a massive fall and then making a lot of money to finally realize I needed a better way. Every message in society is spend, when are people ever told to save?

Sadly this is the truth its just "too hard" for people same thing with things like weight loss...

Fomerly known as something

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2018, 05:07:11 AM »
I listen to a podcast by a financial advisor who style's her business after personal training.  She calls her business the "Financial gym."