Author Topic: TD Bank adding & increasing fees  (Read 2582 times)

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
TD Bank adding & increasing fees
« on: January 22, 2016, 01:54:36 PM »
Got this email today(sorry for the formatting) - more services that used to be free now cost money.
Now that I know I can avoid them, but still annoyed, especially that it costs money to cancel an e-transfer.

What’s Changing                          Current   New
Non-TD ATM fee                                     $1.50    $2

Fee to cancel an Interac® e‑Transfer       $0            $5

Fee for holding a post-dated cheque
to be deposited in-branch¹                        $0    $5

Transfer fee – for the transfer of a
TD Canada Trust Tax‑Free Savings
Account to another financial institution         $0   $75 + tax

Lis

• Pencil Stache
Re: TD Bank adding & increasing fees
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 02:12:16 PM »
Ugh, I closed down my BofA account last year (couldn't stand their service and fees) and opened up a new account with TD, but ugh to them too. Most of my banking is through PNC Virtual Wallet, which unfortunately does not have any physical locations near me. I wanted at least one account with a bank that had a local branch (mostly for depositing larger checks when that's necessary).

TD charged me a fee for getting paper statements (completely my fault for not opting out for two months, but COME ON). They also wanted to charge me when I tried to transfer money OUT of that account to my PNC account (I think they wanted $3 for a ~$100 transfer?). Are you freaking kidding me? I got around it by going through PNC itself, but again I say, COME ON.

coppertop

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 02:15:41 PM »
I closed all our TD accounts when they began charging to get a paper statement and opened new accounts at a local bank.  They don't really care ... and they won't unless there is a mass exodus out of TD.  Most people won't bother and will just pay the fees.

Mermaid3011

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 05:09:59 PM »
I got that too and am so glad ... just switched most of my accounts to Tangering (former ING). No way I am shoving even more money in there...

That reminds me... I think the fee change is starting March 1 right?

Need to close my TFSA there... 75 bucks... ridiculous!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!