Author Topic: Talk to me about Swagbucks and privacy  (Read 991 times)

elysianfields

• Pencil Stache
Talk to me about Swagbucks and privacy
« on: January 26, 2022, 03:10:04 AM »
I'm pretty privacy-oriented for a number of reasons.

I don't use Google search except through DuckDuckGo.  I have VPNs running on all my devices.  I opt out of email subscriptions.  I use different email accounts for different purchases (one scammy account gets all my online purchases), and I don't install any shopping browser extensions - I use Privacy Badger and uBlock Origin instead.

But I do also try to score Bank Account bonuses.

Recently some of the "better" offers on DoctorofCredit.com pay their bonuses through Swagbucks.  Swagbucks also probably will come to know my name if I get bonuses paid out through Amazon gift cards or Paypal, right?

Is there a way to score these bonuses and use Swagbucks while maintaining an acceptable level of privacy?

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Talk to me about Swagbucks and privacy
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 10:39:58 AM »
Just sign up for Swagbucks using your "scammy" email account.  The only issue I see is with using the VPNs, I'm not sure how that will work.  Swagbucks uses tracking cookies for every offer that you do, so if using a VPN interferes with that, you won't get paid.

lutorm

• Pencil Stache
Re: Talk to me about Swagbucks and privacy
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 12:57:13 PM »
Just sign up for Swagbucks using your "scammy" email account.  The only issue I see is with using the VPNs, I'm not sure how that will work.  Swagbucks uses tracking cookies for every offer that you do, so if using a VPN interferes with that, you won't get paid.
A VPN only obscures your network point of origin. Cookies are handled by your browser, it won't care whether you're on a VPN or not.