Author Topic: Spreadsheets  (Read 2614 times)

Bigjones

• Stubble
Spreadsheets
« on: October 13, 2014, 12:26:28 PM »
Does anyone have a spreadsheet they are willing to share or a link to one?  I don't have the excel knowledge to create one so was wondering if someone else is willing to share.

Would like one that can be updated monthly and a part that can show paying down of debt(s) etc.

Proud Foot

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Spreadsheets
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 12:34:15 PM »
I am not sure what all you are wanting to be on the spreadsheet from your post. I personally like making spreadsheets and have made many of the ones I use. I have also learned a lot by finding free spreadsheets online and then digging into the formulas and calculations to understand how they work. A good place to look is www.vertex42.com. They have a lot of spreadsheets you can download that are free.

Falke401

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 12:56:48 PM »
Your best bet is to make your own.  Your expenses and budget will be different from everyone else.  Just have an expenses column and add it all up.  Subtract total expenses form income and hope you are in the positive.  You can get as basic or detailed as you want or need. 

It is all basic excel formulas to make it work. 

Kansas Beachbum

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 02:26:00 PM »
Excel is actually quite easy to learn, at least for what you're wanting to do with it...budgets, expense tracking, etc.  Just open it and start plunking away.  I'm sure you know lots of people who have at least a little know how that would be willing to help if you're still unsure.  There's also a ton of online help, starting with the very most basic "how to build a simple spreadsheet" kinds of lessons.  Just Google Excel Help.  You'll be running compound interest amortization schedules in no time :-)